Periodic Table of Swearing

Continuation of the post at Abbie Smith's ERV blog (http://scienceblogs.com/erv/)

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Gumby » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:14 pm  •  [Post 17601]

Git wrote:
Gumby wrote:
Rystefn wrote:
Gumby wrote:Jesus fucking Christ these people are an orchestra of kazoos.


That is offensive, sir! Offensive! How dare you use the word Kazoo as an insult. Don't you know it's insensitive to the people who can't afford your expensive "real" instruments!


Sorry. My slide whistle privilege was showing. My bad.




All right, I now officially want to commit suicide.
Just because you shot Jesse James, don’t make you Jesse James.
User avatar
Gumby
.
.
 
Posts: 4142
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:40 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Gumby » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:16 pm  •  [Post 17602]

Mykeru wrote:You want sad? Give it a few years and pay a visit to a 40-something Rebecca Watson holding court in some hotel bar.

Image
Just because you shot Jesse James, don’t make you Jesse James.
User avatar
Gumby
.
.
 
Posts: 4142
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:40 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Scented Nectar » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:21 pm  •  [Post 17603]

ReneeHendricks wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:You know, disagreeing with people like Jennifer McCreight and Rebecca Watson is one thing. What this person - https://twitter.com/SammyBoal - is doing is quite another, fucking repugnant, and I hope he/she/it isn't hanging around here on The Slyme Pit. If he/she/it is, please speak up so I can ignore your vile crap now. Thanks :)

I think it's a sock to make her disagreers look extra bullying, rapey, and stuff, so I just tweeted: "@SammyBoal @rebeccawatson @pzmyers Hey weirdo, why go after her for ridiculous stuff? I sense a sock made to make her disagreers look bad."


Saw that tweet (and subsequent responses). I'm not sure what @SammyBoal/AshleyF is hoping to accomplish. Even those who don't like Rebecca Watson and/or Jennifer McCreight are seeing the account as a disgusting little troll. I will *never* understand people like that.

I think it's a sock run by one of them in order to have rapey threats (and slurs against women's freedom of sexuality) to show people and go waaaa. Which of course would be intentionally conflated by them all as coming from the Slimepit. We don't tend to be rapey or against women's and men's equal freedom of sexuality. They want to think we are though.
User avatar
Scented Nectar
.
.
 
Posts: 2470
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:45 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby real horrorshow » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:30 pm  •  [Post 17604]

ReneeHendricks wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:You know, disagreeing with people like Jennifer McCreight and Rebecca Watson is one thing. What this person - https://twitter.com/SammyBoal - is doing is quite another, fucking repugnant, and I hope he/she/it isn't hanging around here on The Slyme Pit. If he/she/it is, please speak up so I can ignore your vile crap now. Thanks :)

I think it's a sock to make her disagreers look extra bullying, rapey, and stuff, so I just tweeted: "@SammyBoal @rebeccawatson @pzmyers Hey weirdo, why go after her for ridiculous stuff? I sense a sock made to make her disagreers look bad."


Saw that tweet (and subsequent responses). I'm not sure what @SammyBoal/AshleyF is hoping to accomplish. Even those who don't like Rebecca Watson and/or Jennifer McCreight are seeing the account as a disgusting little troll. I will *never* understand people like that.

Well, it's all a relief to me. I was so very tempted to create a TwittleTwat account last night and Twunt/Twerp something to Jen, but I looked at that stuff, and now I'm over it.
“[Y]ou're evil. More evil than Sauron, I'd wagger!” - Phil Giordana
User avatar
real horrorshow
.
.
 
Posts: 1383
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:59 am
Location: In a band of brigands.

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Tony Parsehole » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:38 pm  •  [Post 17605]

Gumby wrote:
Mykeru wrote:You want sad? Give it a few years and pay a visit to a 40-something Rebecca Watson holding court in some hotel bar.

Image

Image
"It wasn't long before the arse-featured animals were all vibrating frenziedly"
Image
User avatar
Tony Parsehole
.
.
 
Posts: 4559
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:16 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Tigzy » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:40 pm  •  [Post 17606]

Tony Parsehole wrote:Image


That one reminds me more of Steffy Zvan.

"Greg, what the fuck did you two just do together...?"
"It should be noted that among the more alarming tendencies of those men who participate in train-spotters' groups, one will also find a complete disinclination to discuss feminism or women's issues."

Isobel Shed, feminist, 1959
User avatar
Tigzy
.
.
 
Posts: 3126
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:53 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Saint N. » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:43 pm  •  [Post 17607]

I am curious tough, if he's really been kicked out, why Al hasn't directly mentioned it on his twitter yet (don't tell me Ophelia is setting up a Poe for us). Going on the more likely assumption it's all true, in the linked Ophelia post on Al I think this sentence leaves little doubt about the fact that Al was booted for voicing a dissenting opinion,

Ophelia wrote:I forgot to add Al’s farewell post (although he apparently didn’t think of it as such when he wrote it).


If he didn't know it was going to be his final post on FtB, then I can only infer that the removal is a one-sided decision. By coming out and saying this Ophelia is pretty much further legitimizing the claim that FtB is a dogmatic hivemind that doesn't allow dissent (like we needed more convincing, amirite). But I suspect, a few weeks from now she'll deny ever having made the claim at all and accuse us of making it up (just like the TAM-nazi comparison, the parallel logic reference, the fact that she didn't oppose the labeling of Dawkins, Hitchens, Harris, and Dennet as white supremacists on a panel she was a part of, etc etc etc).
Evidence or GTFO
Saint N.
.
.
 
Posts: 285
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:12 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby ConcentratedH2O, OM » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:43 pm  •  [Post 17608]

Tigzy wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:Image


That one reminds me more of Steffy Zvan.

"Greg, what the fuck did you two just do together...?"


"Calm down love, it was just a piece of sweetcorn."
"Tone trolling? Really? You find the particular arrangement of four letters in a word more detrimental to discourse than sneering assholes showing up to argue with women about their right to autonomy?"
--PZ Meyers, internet cunt.
User avatar
ConcentratedH2O, OM
.
.
 
Posts: 2406
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:51 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby JackRayner » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:44 pm  •  [Post 17609]

Outwest wrote:
JackRayner wrote:
JackRayner wrote:
Outwest wrote:Has anyone here commented on the Natalie Reed tweet yesterday that descibed how A+ was setup. It was to Rhys-Morgan.


Got a link to it? Just scrolled back to about Oct 6th on her page and did a Ctrl+F and the results turn to zero before I even enter the "s" in "@rhysmorgan"...


Oops. I had this really weird thing where I read "Natalie Reed" but searched for "Amanda Marcotte" on Twitter instead. I have no idea how the fuck that happened, but disregard my last. :oops:


Is it that "thing" you have for Mandy?


Hahahaha! Nah. [Doing a google image search confirms this.]

And actually, I hilariously did the same thing yesterday in response to a storify that EG posted about an exchange between Al and Natalie. Something along the lines of "I don't even know why he's bothering with that psychotic cunt", when the feminist I actually had in mind was Marcotte. :doh: The truth is that I have no idea who Natalie Reed is, though she certainly came across as a cunt in that storify.
User avatar
JackRayner
.
.
 
Posts: 1166
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:27 am
Location: In the basement of the University of Minnesota Morris

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Tony Parsehole » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:44 pm  •  [Post 17610]

Tigzy wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:Image


That one reminds me more of Steffy Zvan.

"Greg, what the fuck did you two just do together...?"


Steffy Zvan says :
That's the first and last time I'm licking your bald pate
"It wasn't long before the arse-featured animals were all vibrating frenziedly"
Image
User avatar
Tony Parsehole
.
.
 
Posts: 4559
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:16 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby sacha » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:46 pm  •  [Post 17611]

Pitchguest wrote:- She's talking about a woman on a forum "dedicated to hating her" who was gonna attend a conference in San Fran. last year, anyone know who this is she's referring to?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ez8gs-C53ic#t=1702s


That's me, I'll watch it now
"If you want to shame me about something, you've got to pick something I'm ashamed of" -franc
"humans as a whole are simply maladjusted animals with delusions of grandeur." -AndrewV69
It's s-a-C-h-a - with a C - as in cunt
User avatar
sacha
.
.
 
Posts: 2450
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:31 am
Location: Gender Traitors International

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Tony Parsehole » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:46 pm  •  [Post 17612]

Saint N. wrote:I am curious tough, if he's really been kicked out, why Al hasn't directly mentioned it on his twitter yet (don't tell me Ophelia is setting up a Poe for us). Going on the more likely assumption it's all true, in the linked Ophelia post on Al I think this sentence leaves little doubt about the fact that Al was booted for voicing a dissenting opinion,

Ophelia wrote:I forgot to add Al’s farewell post (although he apparently didn’t think of it as such when he wrote it).


If he didn't know it was going to be his final post on FtB, then I can only infer that the removal is a one-sided decision. By coming out and saying this Ophelia is pretty much further legitimizing the claim that FtB is a dogmatic hivemind that doesn't allow dissent (like we needed more convincing, amirite). But I suspect, a few weeks from now she'll deny ever having made the claim at all and accuse us of making it up (just like the TAM-nazi comparison, the parallel logic reference, the fact that she didn't oppose the labeling of Dawkins, Hitchens, Harris, and Dennet as white supremacists on a panel she was a part of, etc etc etc).

Good point. Looking at that quote it does seem like he was kicked off.
I hope he was. More fuel for the FTB pyre.
"It wasn't long before the arse-featured animals were all vibrating frenziedly"
Image
User avatar
Tony Parsehole
.
.
 
Posts: 4559
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:16 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Mykeru » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:47 pm  •  [Post 17613]

codelette wrote: I mentioned that I come from a woman from a poor family, Hispanic and biracial (or as I say, half-nigger spic).


So, how does that half thing work? Is it right-side left side, from the waist down, or more or less evenly distributed?

Of course, due to statistical clumping, the last one is impossible.



Image

Let's have a warm round of applause for our fearless keynote speaker.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -- H.L. Mencken
User avatar
Mykeru
.
.
 
Posts: 4019
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:52 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Tigzy » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:48 pm  •  [Post 17614]

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Tigzy wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:Image


That one reminds me more of Steffy Zvan.

"Greg, what the fuck did you two just do together...?"


"Calm down love, it was just a piece of sweetcorn."


I heard they're making their own version of Two Girls One Cup. Except with Laden involved, they're gonna call it Two Girls One Cup.

Saint N. wrote:I am curious tough, if he's really been kicked out, why Al hasn't directly mentioned it on his twitter yet (don't tell me Ophelia is setting up a Poe for us). Going on the more likely assumption it's all true, in the linked Ophelia post on Al I think this sentence leaves little doubt about the fact that Al was booted for voicing a dissenting opinion,

Ophelia wrote:I forgot to add Al’s farewell post (although he apparently didn’t think of it as such when he wrote it).


If he didn't know it was going to be his final post on FtB, then I can only infer that the removal is a one-sided decision. By coming out and saying this Ophelia is pretty much further legitimizing the claim that FtB is a dogmatic hivemind that doesn't allow dissent (like we needed more convincing, amirite). But I suspect, a few weeks from now she'll deny ever having made the claim at all and accuse us of making it up (just like the TAM-nazi comparison, the parallel logic reference, the fact that she didn't oppose the labeling of Dawkins, Hitchens, Harris, and Dennet as white supremacists on a panel she was a part of, etc etc etc).


I'm honestly beginning to wonder if Al's even been told about his dismissal yet.
"It should be noted that among the more alarming tendencies of those men who participate in train-spotters' groups, one will also find a complete disinclination to discuss feminism or women's issues."

Isobel Shed, feminist, 1959
User avatar
Tigzy
.
.
 
Posts: 3126
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:53 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby acathode » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:49 pm  •  [Post 17615]

decius wrote:Secondly, the blogger Elevatorgate gets tarred and feathered as an "harasser" for the heinous crime of mocking her Holy Cunt, since I couldn't find in his blog anything that could remotely be misconstrued as harassment.
Actually, she accuses him of being a stalker, my transcription from 17:35:
Rebeca Watson wrote:and a few organization leaders have been fantastic, and I'll use this one as one example. I recently learned that another stalker of mine, a man who run a blog and a twitter account called ElevatorGate, lives in Florida not to far from here. I got in touch with the humanists and they listened to my concerns and they said, uhm, you know, we're going to keep you safe, we're not going to let this person in. I thought that that was an awesome response and the reason why I'm here. Also to pass some ... ah yes, can we get a round of applauds for how awesome it was.


In my book, a stalker is a whole lot more scarier than someone who just harass, with stalking there's a truckload of associations to real, physical danger to a person, and seriously creepy behavior. Pretty severe accusation to make, esp. when your friend DMCAd him to get hold of his personal details, and you then continue by apparently calling organizations and conferences to warn them of this "stalker". I think that could be called harassment and maybe even defamation/libel?
User avatar
acathode
.
.
 
Posts: 706
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:46 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Tony Parsehole » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:52 pm  •  [Post 17616]

Tigzy wrote:I'm honestly beginning to wonder if Al's even been told about his dismissal yet.

I'm getting an image of him sitting down to write his next blog post and after he signs in to FTB tumbleweeds and discarded papers are fluttering across his screen.
"It wasn't long before the arse-featured animals were all vibrating frenziedly"
Image
User avatar
Tony Parsehole
.
.
 
Posts: 4559
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:16 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby CommanderTuvok » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:57 pm  •  [Post 17617]

We now have the clear light of day shining on their "new" intimidation tactic. They doc-drop people's details on the basis that they "decide" that person is "harassing" them. They have a case for that new poster on Twitter, but Twatson says she doc-dropped elevatorGATE on the same basis. All elevatorGATE does is retweet their own comments. That is not harassment.

I simply don't believe them justifying doc-dropping on this basis. Should we "decide" to doc-drop Black Svan for her "harassment" of Justin Vacula? Should we doc-drop Greg Laden (inc. a photo of his trailer!) on the basis of harassment (note, no scare quotes) of Abbie, among others?

It is no wonder they keep the nature of these "threats" vague - because they use them to justify their doc-dropping and further their own narrative - as perfectly demonstrated by Twatson in that video.
User avatar
CommanderTuvok
.
.
 
Posts: 1484
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Ape+lust » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:58 pm  •  [Post 17618]

Tony Parsehole wrote:I'm getting an image of him sitting down to write his next blog post and after he signs in to FTB tumbleweeds and discarded papers are fluttering across his screen.


His REAL last post was put up just now.
User avatar
Ape+lust
.
.
 
Posts: 1999
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:55 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby SteveW68 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:58 pm  •  [Post 17619]

"What ho" sed de ting wid de tree bonce. "Don't mess wid tings you don't unnerstand"
User avatar
SteveW68
.
.
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:06 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby decius » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:59 pm  •  [Post 17620]

acathode wrote:Actually, she accuses him of being a stalker, my transcription from 17:35:

In my book, a stalker is a whole lot more scarier than someone who just harass, with stalking there's a truckload of associations to real, physical danger to a person, and seriously creepy behavior. Pretty severe accusation to make, esp. when your friend DMCAd him to get hold of his personal details, and you then continue by apparently calling organizations and conferences to warn them of this "stalker". I think that could be called harassment and maybe even defamation/libel?


My bad, sorry. Indeed, you're entirely correct.
User avatar
decius
.
.
 
Posts: 1361
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:08 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Phil_Giordana_FCD » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:01 pm  •  [Post 17621]

Al says, in his "last post":

Yes, I’ve decided to leave Freethought Blogs. Now, before you go assuming there were pitchforks and torches involved, this was my decision. I am still going to be blogging, but instead of here, I have returned to my stand-alone blog, where I was before I came to Freethought Blogs and where many of you have followed me from. Everything that I have written here has been migrated over there (although I am still trying iron out image links), including your comments. So, please join me there, if you will.


(emphasis mine).

http://freethoughtblogs.com/alstefanell ... ght-blogs/
"It is science we are talking about here. It doesn't matter if you like the person making the argument. Sometimes the evidence supports the nice people and sometimes complete bastards are on the correct side of a scientific argument." -Strawkins
User avatar
Phil_Giordana_FCD
.
.
 
Posts: 4987
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:56 am
Location: Nice, France

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Tigzy » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:01 pm  •  [Post 17622]

SteveW68 wrote:Hot off the press:

http://freethoughtblogs.com/alstefanell ... ght-blogs/

Al's decision.


Fuckin quick decision, by the looks of things! :lol:
"It should be noted that among the more alarming tendencies of those men who participate in train-spotters' groups, one will also find a complete disinclination to discuss feminism or women's issues."

Isobel Shed, feminist, 1959
User avatar
Tigzy
.
.
 
Posts: 3126
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:53 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby ERV » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:02 pm  •  [Post 17623]

acathode wrote:
decius wrote:I think that could be called harassment and maybe even defamation/libel?

Almost. 'Stalking' is a crime. You cannot say "Fred is a stalker" unless Fred has been found guilty in a criminal court of stalking. If Fred has been accused of stalking, you can say "Fred has been accused of stalking", whether he is guilty or not. Now he has to show damages. For instance, if he tries to register for a conference, and they say "You cannot come. You are a stalker." I think he can sue.

INALIJHASAWALOJS.


(I am not a lawyer I just had a stalker and watch a lot of judge shows)
User avatar
ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!
 
Posts: 1196
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:57 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby cunt » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:07 pm  •  [Post 17624]

Ophelia does not quote-mine. She merely "transcribes the high points" and weaves them into a deranged narrative far from the light of truth.
You are a bad person. You say horrible things and you should feel bad about yourself.
User avatar
cunt
TheMudbrooker's Bitch
 
Posts: 2739
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:06 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Phil_Giordana_FCD » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:13 pm  •  [Post 17625]

SteveW68 wrote:Hot off the press:

http://freethoughtblogs.com/alstefanell ... ght-blogs/

Al's decision.


Fuck! Faster then me!

Don't care, I would still consider Al alright if he was posting on FTB some more. There is something to be taken from his comment that generalizing a few fuckers' comments and actions to the whole of FTB is wrong.

Hence the FC5(6,7...) moniker.
"It is science we are talking about here. It doesn't matter if you like the person making the argument. Sometimes the evidence supports the nice people and sometimes complete bastards are on the correct side of a scientific argument." -Strawkins
User avatar
Phil_Giordana_FCD
.
.
 
Posts: 4987
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:56 am
Location: Nice, France

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Tigzy » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:15 pm  •  [Post 17626]

Hmmm.

Al Stephanelli wrote:I am also starting another project, and am thrilled to announce that I will be writing for The God Discussion website, which has been around for quite some time, and is also a Google News Source. As well, I will also be a co-host on their podcast, The God Discussion Show, starting some time very soon.


GodDiscussion.com wrote:GodDiscussion.com is a news and review service targeted for the growing number of people who are not associated with organized religion (we're a Google news site). Our mission is to inform and to get people having all points of view communicating. Our writers and contributors are theist, atheist and maybe somewhere in between

http://goddiscussion.com/

Another FfTBer departing for a network which has a distinct theist contribution (re: Patheos). Makes me wonder if the atmos at FfTB is such that they feel they've gotten used to that sort of thing...
"It should be noted that among the more alarming tendencies of those men who participate in train-spotters' groups, one will also find a complete disinclination to discuss feminism or women's issues."

Isobel Shed, feminist, 1959
User avatar
Tigzy
.
.
 
Posts: 3126
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:53 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby sacha » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:19 pm  •  [Post 17627]

sacha wrote:
Pitchguest wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ez8gs-C53ic#t=1095s
- She's talking about a woman on a forum "dedicated to hating her" who was gonna attend a conference in San Fran. last year, anyone know who this is she's referring to?


That's me, I'll watch it now


fantastic. Accost her by ignoring her. I was not removed from the waiting list, I was there: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=73&p=1153&hilit=last+night#p1153

The "forum dedicated to hating her" is the Slime Pit. I'll post the rest of the story when I return.
"If you want to shame me about something, you've got to pick something I'm ashamed of" -franc
"humans as a whole are simply maladjusted animals with delusions of grandeur." -AndrewV69
It's s-a-C-h-a - with a C - as in cunt
User avatar
sacha
.
.
 
Posts: 2450
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:31 am
Location: Gender Traitors International

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Tigzy » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:20 pm  •  [Post 17628]

How odd. Prune has just posted this:

Ophelia Benson says:
October 11, 2012 at 3:05 pm

If anybody wants a look at what kind of thing people will sink to, you could do worse than checking out @SammyBoal on Twitter. I just read all 118 of its tweets.


http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterfliesandwheels/2012/10/metamorphoses-2/#comment-304097

She says she just read it - even though that account has been suspended for about at least an hour. :think:
"It should be noted that among the more alarming tendencies of those men who participate in train-spotters' groups, one will also find a complete disinclination to discuss feminism or women's issues."

Isobel Shed, feminist, 1959
User avatar
Tigzy
.
.
 
Posts: 3126
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:53 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Phil_Giordana_FCD » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:25 pm  •  [Post 17629]

Tigzy wrote:How odd. Prune has just posted this:

Ophelia Benson says:
October 11, 2012 at 3:05 pm

If anybody wants a look at what kind of thing people will sink to, you could do worse than checking out @SammyBoal on Twitter. I just read all 118 of its tweets.


http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterfliesandwheels/2012/10/metamorphoses-2/#comment-304097

She says she just read it - even though that account has been suspended for about at least an hour. :think:


Poetic licence, probably. I surmise she may have been rage-tearing through their posts for a while.

Doesn't make SammyBoal less of a douchenoozle, though.
"It is science we are talking about here. It doesn't matter if you like the person making the argument. Sometimes the evidence supports the nice people and sometimes complete bastards are on the correct side of a scientific argument." -Strawkins
User avatar
Phil_Giordana_FCD
.
.
 
Posts: 4987
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:56 am
Location: Nice, France

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Tigzy » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:27 pm  •  [Post 17630]

"It should be noted that among the more alarming tendencies of those men who participate in train-spotters' groups, one will also find a complete disinclination to discuss feminism or women's issues."

Isobel Shed, feminist, 1959
User avatar
Tigzy
.
.
 
Posts: 3126
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:53 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby ConcentratedH2O, OM » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:30 pm  •  [Post 17631]

"Tone trolling? Really? You find the particular arrangement of four letters in a word more detrimental to discourse than sneering assholes showing up to argue with women about their right to autonomy?"
--PZ Meyers, internet cunt.
User avatar
ConcentratedH2O, OM
.
.
 
Posts: 2406
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:51 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Tigzy » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:31 pm  •  [Post 17632]

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Poetic licence, probably. I surmise she may have been rage-tearing through their posts for a while.

Doesn't make SammyBoal less of a douchenoozle, though.


To be honest, when it comes to Ophelia, oddness abounds.

She's like a crazy cat lady, but without the cats.
"It should be noted that among the more alarming tendencies of those men who participate in train-spotters' groups, one will also find a complete disinclination to discuss feminism or women's issues."

Isobel Shed, feminist, 1959
User avatar
Tigzy
.
.
 
Posts: 3126
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:53 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Reap » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:31 pm  •  [Post 17633]

KiwiInOz wrote:Ok, so I was married with a one year old daughter at 25. It didn't mean that I wasn't immature or naive at that age, but I guess that I had a few more responsibilities.


I wasn't married but I had a daughter at 25. She is now a responsible,compassionate, self respecting adult. You won't catch her whining about the made-up bullshit RW cries about. She doesn't take any shit but she doesn't make up any shit just to get attention either. She lives in the real world and I am very proud of her. ....how touching huh?
You aren't a complete idiot..some pieces are missing

If you were offended.. I take full responsibility, especially if it makes you cry
User avatar
Reap
.
.
 
Posts: 618
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:27 am
Location: Fremont CA

for Jen: Male privilege up close and personal

Postby astrokid.nj » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:34 pm  •  [Post 17634]

Self Made Man by Nora/Ned Vincent, Part 1, for 20/20 on ABC.
Part 2 and Part 3 are right there too.
Note the concluding remarks.
20/20: "Did you like being a woman more before?" (or now, after the journey)
Norah: "I like being a woman more now, coz I think its more privileged"
User avatar
astrokid.nj
.
.
 
Posts: 128
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:54 pm
Location: Atheist MRA MGTOW

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby ConcentratedH2O, OM » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:35 pm  •  [Post 17635]

So, did Ophelia's post get published before Al's official resignation post? Cheeky bitch, deliberately "outing" his leaving like that. Nasty, cuntish, spiteful, childish bit of point scoring, Ophelia.

I am crying rage tears right now.
"Tone trolling? Really? You find the particular arrangement of four letters in a word more detrimental to discourse than sneering assholes showing up to argue with women about their right to autonomy?"
--PZ Meyers, internet cunt.
User avatar
ConcentratedH2O, OM
.
.
 
Posts: 2406
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:51 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Phil_Giordana_FCD » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:36 pm  •  [Post 17636]

Al's (not new) blog:

http://alstefanelli.wordpress.com/2012/ ... w-friends/

Oh, and everyone is welcome here, no matter from where you hail. Yes, this includes the Slymepit, the Atheism+ forum, or anywhere else. Every voice is important, no matter how disagreeable.


Isn't this of sceptics should function? Oh my, I do believe it is!

Well done Al, and good luck in your future endeavours.
"It is science we are talking about here. It doesn't matter if you like the person making the argument. Sometimes the evidence supports the nice people and sometimes complete bastards are on the correct side of a scientific argument." -Strawkins
User avatar
Phil_Giordana_FCD
.
.
 
Posts: 4987
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:56 am
Location: Nice, France

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Reap » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:38 pm  •  [Post 17637]

CommanderTuvok wrote:We now have the clear light of day shining on their "new" intimidation tactic. They doc-drop people's details on the basis that they "decide" that person is "harassing" them. They have a case for that new poster on Twitter, but Twatson says she doc-dropped elevatorGATE on the same basis. All elevatorGATE does is retweet their own comments. That is not harassment.

I simply don't believe them justifying doc-dropping on this basis. Should we "decide" to doc-drop Black Svan for her "harassment" of Justin Vacula? Should we doc-drop Greg Laden (inc. a photo of his trailer!) on the basis of harassment (note, no scare quotes) of Abbie, among others?

It is no wonder they keep the nature of these "threats" vague - because they use them to justify their doc-dropping and further their own narrative - as perfectly demonstrated by Twatson in that video.


I wonder what they are going to do about my big mouth....nothin... That's what. Cause to be blunt -I do not give a shit what any one of those fucks says, or threatens, even in real life. I was part of the paranormal community for years and no one is crazier than those nuts...tho stephanie would fit right in ,clearly delusional
You aren't a complete idiot..some pieces are missing

If you were offended.. I take full responsibility, especially if it makes you cry
User avatar
Reap
.
.
 
Posts: 618
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:27 am
Location: Fremont CA

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Mykeru » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:39 pm  •  [Post 17638]

Tigzy wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Poetic licence, probably. I surmise she may have been rage-tearing through their posts for a while.

Doesn't make SammyBoal less of a douchenoozle, though.


To be honest, when it comes to Ophelia, oddness abounds.

She's like a crazy cat lady, but without the cats.


But with the stink of cat pee, not surprisingly.



Yes, but Brownian understands women, even if he's never met one in person.


astrokid.nj wrote:Self Made Man by Nora/Ned Vincent, Part 1, for 20/20 on ABC.
Part 2 and Part 3 are right there too.
Note the concluding remarks.
20/20: "Did you like being a woman more before?" (or now, after the journey)
Norah: "I like being a woman more now, coz I think its more privileged"


Read that. Fun fact: After her going undercover as a man, Vincent had a near-nervous breakdown over the way she was treated as a man.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -- H.L. Mencken
User avatar
Mykeru
.
.
 
Posts: 4019
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:52 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby cunt » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:40 pm  •  [Post 17639]

You are a bad person. You say horrible things and you should feel bad about yourself.
User avatar
cunt
TheMudbrooker's Bitch
 
Posts: 2739
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:06 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Tigzy » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:42 pm  •  [Post 17640]

Eh?

oolon says:
October 11, 2012 at 3:32 pm

Yeah I just read SammyBoals tweets, I see Renee Hendricks is sticking up for her as ‘not’ a slymepitter. So she presumably knows who she is, I’d think there would be some empathy on her part and have a word. Anyone creating an account just to spend the last 13hrs spewing hate needs help.

Hmmm I see SammyBoal has disappeared! Account suspended after a little bit of attention from PZ and Ophelia… Cowardly hater?


http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterfliesandwheels/2012/10/metamorphoses-2/#comment-304116

Well okay - maybe suspended accounts on Twitter disappear non-concurrently on their servers, meaning that it might have been readable to others but not to me. In any case, I'm wondering why Oolon is assuming 'SammyBoals/AshleyF' is female? Both names are unisex.
"It should be noted that among the more alarming tendencies of those men who participate in train-spotters' groups, one will also find a complete disinclination to discuss feminism or women's issues."

Isobel Shed, feminist, 1959
User avatar
Tigzy
.
.
 
Posts: 3126
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:53 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Saint N. » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:43 pm  •  [Post 17641]

Either Al is taking the highroad by making his leave from ftb sound more amicable than it was, or Ophelia is trying to stir up drama by implying he was removed for the anti-A+ post he put out. Meh, at least one more person made it out of there.
Evidence or GTFO
Saint N.
.
.
 
Posts: 285
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:12 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby CommanderTuvok » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:50 pm  •  [Post 17642]

Tigzy wrote:Well okay - maybe suspended accounts on Twitter disappear non-concurrently on their servers, meaning that it might have been readable to others but not to me. In any case, I'm wondering why Oolon is assuming 'SammyBoals/AshleyF' is female? Both names are unisex.

I always knew oolon was a misogynist, sexist dinosaur!

:D
User avatar
CommanderTuvok
.
.
 
Posts: 1484
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Phil_Giordana_FCD » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:51 pm  •  [Post 17643]

Saint N. wrote:Either Al is taking the highroad by making his leave from ftb sound more amicable than it was, or Ophelia is trying to stir up drama by implying he was removed for the anti-A+ post he put out. Meh, at least one more person made it out of there.


Take a wild, wild, wild, wild guess.
"It is science we are talking about here. It doesn't matter if you like the person making the argument. Sometimes the evidence supports the nice people and sometimes complete bastards are on the correct side of a scientific argument." -Strawkins
User avatar
Phil_Giordana_FCD
.
.
 
Posts: 4987
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:56 am
Location: Nice, France

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby KiwiInOz » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:52 pm  •  [Post 17644]

Reap wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:Ok, so I was married with a one year old daughter at 25. It didn't mean that I wasn't immature or naive at that age, but I guess that I had a few more responsibilities.


I wasn't married but I had a daughter at 25. She is now a responsible,compassionate, self respecting adult. You won't catch her whining about the made-up bullshit RW cries about. She doesn't take any shit but she doesn't make up any shit just to get attention either. She lives in the real world and I am very proud of her. ....how touching huh?


Ditto x 2
User avatar
KiwiInOz
.
.
 
Posts: 1656
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:28 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby CommanderTuvok » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:53 pm  •  [Post 17645]

Saint N. wrote:Either Al is taking the highroad by making his leave from ftb sound more amicable than it was, or Ophelia is trying to stir up drama by implying he was removed for the anti-A+ post he put out. Meh, at least one more person made it out of there.

I take it Ophelia has taken to criticising her young page (Rhys Morgan) and her bestest friend (Rebecca Watson) on the basis that they have ripped into A+ in the last few days. I mean, if Rhys and Rebecca can go "off message", surely Al can, right?

Saying that, Ophelia is the one moaning about the word "cunt" again, but is STILL "oblivious" when it comes to Rhys Morgan's liberal use of the term.
User avatar
CommanderTuvok
.
.
 
Posts: 1484
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Tigzy » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:54 pm  •  [Post 17646]

CommanderTuvok wrote:
Tigzy wrote:Well okay - maybe suspended accounts on Twitter disappear non-concurrently on their servers, meaning that it might have been readable to others but not to me. In any case, I'm wondering why Oolon is assuming 'SammyBoals/AshleyF' is female? Both names are unisex.

I always knew oolon was a misogynist, sexist dinosaur!

:D


Yeah, but the thing that struck me when reading those posts was that the troll came across - to me, at least - as being male. Not saying that he/she was, of course - I'm just genuinely curious how Oolon got the impression that he/she was female.
"It should be noted that among the more alarming tendencies of those men who participate in train-spotters' groups, one will also find a complete disinclination to discuss feminism or women's issues."

Isobel Shed, feminist, 1959
User avatar
Tigzy
.
.
 
Posts: 3126
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:53 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Gumby » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:54 pm  •  [Post 17647]

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Al's (not new) blog:

http://alstefanelli.wordpress.com/2012/ ... w-friends/

Oh, and everyone is welcome here, no matter from where you hail. Yes, this includes the Slymepit, the Atheism+ forum, or anywhere else. Every voice is important, no matter how disagreeable.


Isn't this of sceptics should function? Oh my, I do believe it is!

Well done Al, and good luck in your future endeavours.


I like the one comment there so far:
Al – I hope this was your choice and there was no external pressures on you – you seem like a really nice guy. I have no account either at Atheism plus or the slimepit, but i have browsed both. I like to get both sides of a story. While the slimepit is not for the delicate eye, it is nothing like its critics make it out to be. A+ on the other hand, seems everything and more its critics make it out to be.
Just because you shot Jesse James, don’t make you Jesse James.
User avatar
Gumby
.
.
 
Posts: 4142
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:40 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Gumby » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:57 pm  •  [Post 17648]

Saint N. wrote:Either Al is taking the highroad by making his leave from ftb sound more amicable than it was, or Ophelia is trying to stir up drama by implying he was removed for the anti-A+ post he put out. Meh, at least one more person made it out of there.


I seem to recall at least one other former FTB blogger (can't remember which one) taking great pains to say he was leaving on his own. Al seems to have a spine, though, so maybe he indeed just told them to fuck off. Cheers for him either way.
Just because you shot Jesse James, don’t make you Jesse James.
User avatar
Gumby
.
.
 
Posts: 4142
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:40 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Lsuoma » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:57 pm  •  [Post 17649]

Saint N. wrote:But I suspect, a few weeks from now she'll deny ever having made the claim at all and accuse us of making it up (just like the TAM-nazi comparison, the parallel logic reference, the fact that she didn't oppose the labeling of Dawkins, Hitchens, Harris, and Dennet as white supremacists on a panel she was a part of, etc etc etc).

So we should probably get this capped, then...
Call me old-fashioned, but I like a dump to be as memorable as it is devastating.
User avatar
Lsuoma
Fascist Tit
 
Posts: 4736
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:58 pm
Location: Pacific NW

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby JackRayner » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:00 pm  •  [Post 17650]

Tigzy wrote:In any case, I'm wondering why Oolon is assuming 'SammyBoals/AshleyF' is female? Both names are unisex.


They said as much in one of their tweets.
User avatar
JackRayner
.
.
 
Posts: 1166
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:27 am
Location: In the basement of the University of Minnesota Morris

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Tigzy » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:03 pm  •  [Post 17651]

JackRayner wrote:
Tigzy wrote:In any case, I'm wondering why Oolon is assuming 'SammyBoals/AshleyF' is female? Both names are unisex.


They said as much in one of their tweets.


Ah right - must have missed that one. Strike my enquiry from the record, m'lud.
"It should be noted that among the more alarming tendencies of those men who participate in train-spotters' groups, one will also find a complete disinclination to discuss feminism or women's issues."

Isobel Shed, feminist, 1959
User avatar
Tigzy
.
.
 
Posts: 3126
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:53 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Phil_Giordana_FCD » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:07 pm  •  [Post 17652]

I think Ophelia's line about Al's "last post" reeks of "bye bye luv, go somewhere else". His post "QandA" wasn't anything like a parting post. The backchannel must be boiling up right now at FTB...
"It is science we are talking about here. It doesn't matter if you like the person making the argument. Sometimes the evidence supports the nice people and sometimes complete bastards are on the correct side of a scientific argument." -Strawkins
User avatar
Phil_Giordana_FCD
.
.
 
Posts: 4987
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:56 am
Location: Nice, France

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Phil_Giordana_FCD » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:09 pm  •  [Post 17653]

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:I think Ophelia's line about Al's "last post" reeks of "bye bye luv, go somewhere else". His post "QandA" wasn't anything like a parting post. The backchannel must be boiling up right now at FTB...


Or shorter Ophelia: "Nice house you got there, would be a shame if anything happened to it..."

Again.
"It is science we are talking about here. It doesn't matter if you like the person making the argument. Sometimes the evidence supports the nice people and sometimes complete bastards are on the correct side of a scientific argument." -Strawkins
User avatar
Phil_Giordana_FCD
.
.
 
Posts: 4987
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:56 am
Location: Nice, France

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby KiwiInOz » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:09 pm  •  [Post 17654]

Tigzy wrote:
JackRayner wrote:
Tigzy wrote:In any case, I'm wondering why Oolon is assuming 'SammyBoals/AshleyF' is female? Both names are unisex.


They said as much in one of their tweets.


Ah right - must have missed that one. Strike my enquiry from the record, m'lud.


Could still be a false flag operation!
User avatar
KiwiInOz
.
.
 
Posts: 1656
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:28 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Reap » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:21 pm  •  [Post 17655]

Saint N. wrote:I am curious tough, if he's really been kicked out, why Al hasn't directly mentioned it on his twitter yet (don't tell me Ophelia is setting up a Poe for us). Going on the more likely assumption it's all true, in the linked Ophelia post on Al I think this sentence leaves little doubt about the fact that Al was booted for voicing a dissenting opinion,

Ophelia wrote:I forgot to add Al’s farewell post (although he apparently didn’t think of it as such when he wrote it).


If he didn't know it was going to be his final post on FtB, then I can only infer that the removal is a one-sided decision. By coming out and saying this Ophelia is pretty much further legitimizing the claim that FtB is a dogmatic hivemind that doesn't allow dissent (like we needed more convincing, amirite). But I suspect, a few weeks from now she'll deny ever having made the claim at all and accuse us of making it up (just like the TAM-nazi comparison, the parallel logic reference, the fact that she didn't oppose the labeling of Dawkins, Hitchens, Harris, and Dennet as white supremacists on a panel she was a part of, etc etc etc).


No one forced Al out. Trust that. Not actively anyway. You can trust Al's words if he says he wasnt forced out he wasn't. Pathetic some people need to lie and mislead to look good....totally pathetic
You aren't a complete idiot..some pieces are missing

If you were offended.. I take full responsibility, especially if it makes you cry
User avatar
Reap
.
.
 
Posts: 618
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:27 am
Location: Fremont CA

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby sacha » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:26 pm  •  [Post 17656]

James Onen wrote:
ERV wrote:Hey I havent heard from James lately--

??


I'm alive and well. And still evil :twisted:.


nice to see you, James. Don't be such a stranger
"If you want to shame me about something, you've got to pick something I'm ashamed of" -franc
"humans as a whole are simply maladjusted animals with delusions of grandeur." -AndrewV69
It's s-a-C-h-a - with a C - as in cunt
User avatar
sacha
.
.
 
Posts: 2450
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:31 am
Location: Gender Traitors International

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Saint N. » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:41 pm  •  [Post 17657]

Reap wrote:No one forced Al out. Trust that. Not actively anyway. You can trust Al's words if he says he wasnt forced out he wasn't. Pathetic some people need to lie and mislead to look good....totally pathetic


I trust though that he probably made an announcement about it to the other FtB bloggers on the backchannel, prior to his *real* last post being up on his blog. Ophelia using this to put the spotlight on herself by making the info public first, and then throwing in this sort of cryptic 'oh he spoke his final words here and didn't even know it hehehe' is just sad and pathetic (as you said). It's also hilarious because she's validating everything FtB critics say about them. I hope their new bloggers will be people like Marcotte and Laden, gathering all the crap in the secular blogosphere in one place is the greatest service they could do for the a/s community.
Evidence or GTFO
Saint N.
.
.
 
Posts: 285
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:12 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby sacha » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:41 pm  •  [Post 17658]

Tigzy wrote:It amazes me how you people can stand to listen to Becky's drone for so long. And if she's had her teeth worked on, the dentist didn't make a very good job of it, considering her overbite. Still, she has apparently been living in the UK for a while, so that might explain it.

(That said, I'd rather have the crooked, gnarly butchery of British teeth than those strange, scary 'all exactly alike' robot teeth the Merkins seem to go for...)


hahaha! tombstones
"If you want to shame me about something, you've got to pick something I'm ashamed of" -franc
"humans as a whole are simply maladjusted animals with delusions of grandeur." -AndrewV69
It's s-a-C-h-a - with a C - as in cunt
User avatar
sacha
.
.
 
Posts: 2450
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:31 am
Location: Gender Traitors International

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Pitchguest » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:46 pm  •  [Post 17659]

http://skepdirt.wordpress.com/2012/10/1 ... ls-rapist/

Skepdirt: Why Schrödinger's Rapist is really Pascal's Rapist.

Give some love.
"But suppose you throw a coin enough times, suppose one day . . . it lands on its edge."
--Amy Hennig, Soul Reaver 2

Avatar credit to tklmac (and Jan Steen) AND ANERIS (!)
User avatar
Pitchguest
.
.
 
Posts: 2548
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:44 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby real horrorshow » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:51 pm  •  [Post 17660]

Tigzy wrote:Jesus, but Brownian needs a blowjob, doesn't he.
Guy's still a virgin. Has to be.


I caught the whiff of this Brownian motion:
Image

He's not the only 'boon there to take issue with the idea that privilege is not innate. Ponder that a second. What they're saying is: If you are born into a 'privileged' group, then there's no changing it. You live and die with that label no matter what your behaviour! No wonder they've no interest in actually doing anything away from their keyboards. What would be the point? A straight white guy could feed the hungry, clothe the naked and shelter the homeless all his life, and he'd still be Schrodinger's rapist to them.

I do have to wonder though, if that's what they really believe, why don't those baboons who can't tick any of the 'victim' boxes don't just kill themselves? (Or is it that they can all find boxes to tick?)

On a brighter note. I do enjoy seeing the likes of Brownian using the term 'atheist' disparagingly. Just like some of the folk on the A+ forum. I definitely want that word back.
“[Y]ou're evil. More evil than Sauron, I'd wagger!” - Phil Giordana
User avatar
real horrorshow
.
.
 
Posts: 1383
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:59 am
Location: In a band of brigands.

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby sacha » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:53 pm  •  [Post 17661]

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Dilurk wrote:


Sure, but unlike Jen this woman did something for the homeless.


Joke, bloody joke!

Do I have to put smileys everywhere?!?

:D


no.

it's obvious to me when you are joking
"If you want to shame me about something, you've got to pick something I'm ashamed of" -franc
"humans as a whole are simply maladjusted animals with delusions of grandeur." -AndrewV69
It's s-a-C-h-a - with a C - as in cunt
User avatar
sacha
.
.
 
Posts: 2450
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:31 am
Location: Gender Traitors International

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Mykeru » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:59 pm  •  [Post 17662]

I'm editing through The Beaver's 2012 HFA keynote speech and JESUS FUCKING CHRIST, THIS IS A KEYNOTE SPEECH? My God, it's an hour of Watson bitching about trolls, mean girls and how people weren't nice to her on the internet. If she was a fat no-life neck beard guy no one would listen to her, but since she's a fat pink-haired no-life Skepchick suddenly arguing on the internet has global consequences.

She complains about someone threatening to put a bullet in her head (been there, princess) and not even ten minutes in, I'm begging for a bullet in the head.

Sacha, do tell.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -- H.L. Mencken
User avatar
Mykeru
.
.
 
Posts: 4019
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:52 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Sulaco » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:17 pm  •  [Post 17663]

real horrorshow wrote:
Tigzy wrote:Jesus, but Brownian needs a blowjob, doesn't he.
Guy's still a virgin. Has to be.


I caught the whiff of this Brownian motion:
Image

He's not the only 'boon there to take issue with the idea that privilege is not innate. Ponder that a second. What they're saying is: If you are born into a 'privileged' group, then there's no changing it. You live and die with that label no matter what your behaviour!No wonder they've no interest in actually doing anything away from their keyboards. What would be the point? A straight white guy could feed the hungry, clothe the naked and shelter the homeless all his life, and he'd still be Schrodinger's rapist to them.

I do have to wonder though, if that's what they really believe, why don't those baboons who can't tick any of the 'victim' boxes don't just kill themselves? (Or is it that they can all find boxes to tick?)

On a brighter note. I do enjoy seeing the likes of Brownian using the term 'atheist' disparagingly. Just like some of the folk on the A+ forum. I definitely want that word back.


The bolded part I found interesting. Isn't that what Fundie Christians say? If you don't accept Jesus you will never be worthy no matter how many good deeds you do. At least Christianity offered a way to salvation. What the FfTB people preach is more like the Aztec religion (we were created from stolen god's blood and we can never redeem ourselves but we must make sacrifices because humans are nothing more than dirty thieves). Amazing how many tenets of fundamentalism they have adopted, not just Christian, but any religion or authoritarian secular ideologies.
Sulaco
.
.
 
Posts: 158
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:54 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby codelette » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:26 pm  •  [Post 17664]

After reading The Talking Prune visual diarrhea, I remembered a question I had in my mind for some time now: What caused the fallout between granny and Stangroom?
User avatar
codelette
.
.
 
Posts: 779
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:01 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby BarnOwl » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:27 pm  •  [Post 17665]

User avatar
BarnOwl
.
.
 
Posts: 2208
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:18 pm
Location: The wrong trouser of Time

PreviousNext

Return to Periodic Table of Swearing - The Undead Thread

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: acathode, Bing [PANIC], EdwardGemmer, feralandproud, Joe, John D, John Greg, katamari Damassi, MadGav, Pitchguest, Søren Lilholt and 15 guests