Periodic Table of Swearing

Continuation of the post at Abbie Smith's ERV blog (http://scienceblogs.com/erv/)

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Michael K Gray » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:04 am  •  [Post 16101]

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Michael K Gray wrote:Or "Whomsoever" in the plural.

I've got a bag of "punch in the face" for you. Royal mail ok?

No! I want my punch in the face to be in real life!
In front of the press!
Datelyne: Adelaide, Wednestuesday, Oct 32, 3013:
World-Famous lead Stylophone-player Fillet Godiabanana from the Retro-Punk-Jazz-Fusion/Light-Metal (Al, Na, Mg) Welsh Band PhairyLlandru, was filmed snotting a no-nobody of no-fixed address, Adelaide in a totally provoked assault!
Our reporter, who attended the subsequent trial, claimed that the magistrate said that she has not seen such a-more deserved beating in her many years on the bench.
And then went on to add that she has presided over multiple S&M Brothel cases in the last few years.
And enjoyed the evidence.
Caught adjourned!
User avatar
Michael K Gray
.
.
 
Posts: 2480
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:04 am
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Michael K Gray » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:06 am  •  [Post 16102]

masakari2012 wrote:BTW, ERV only wants us to serve Mountain Dew or Crab Juice, so hide the beers before she shows up.

I propose to hide them in my gizzards.
Alimentary, my very dear Watson.
User avatar
Michael K Gray
.
.
 
Posts: 2480
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:04 am
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Johann the Cabbie » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:06 am  •  [Post 16103]

masakari2012 wrote:BTW, ERV only wants us to serve Mountain Dew or Crab Juice, so hide the beers before she shows up.

I'll have the Mountain Dew, thanks. Mixed with tequila, which in my hometown is called a redneck margarita.
"[Johann the Cabbie is] some unknown loser, and probably wanted to gain some attention, which nobody gives him..." - astrokid.nj
User avatar
Johann the Cabbie
.
.
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:55 pm
Location: Some dairy farm in Holland.

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Scented Nectar » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:09 am  •  [Post 16104]

Scented Nectar wrote:
rayshul wrote:That one more or lessly describes the entire skepchick contingent. Except it also comes with a side order of "wahhh people want to have so much sex with me but wahhhh so jealous wahhh." And I bolded that bit about girls because fuck, they are girls. I don't care if they're all middle aged.

I feel like the chill girl thing - that girls act in a certain way so boys like them - is kind of the wrong way round. Or the accusations are leveled at the wrong parties. The gender feminists are obsessed with boys, how boys interact with them, what rules boys should have for approaching them, and a fuck load of other hilarious headgames which are all like, YOU SHOULD KNOW HOW TO BEHAVE. WHAT I DID NOT TELL YOU, YOU SHOULD KNOW. OH YOU DONT GET IT. And then the whole running away to talk about what the boy did wrong and how the perfect boy does things THIS way not THAT way and gosh boys are always so into them...

Ughhhh.

If the parts where they do the "YOU SHOULD KNOW HOW TO BEHAVE. WHAT I DID NOT TELL YOU, YOU SHOULD KNOW. OH YOU DONT GET IT", are so illogical, that if it were at all possible, they could take Randi's million for mindreading. :)

Um, my morning grammar sucks. Drop that first "If". :P
User avatar
Scented Nectar
.
.
 
Posts: 2632
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:45 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Spence » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:10 am  •  [Post 16105]

Oolon is certainly most dishonest about how s/he goes about arguing. Whilst I am reluctant to agree with a separate thread, I would note that I pwned oolon in a debate on Thunderf00t's blog by pinning them down to one subject. Because thunderf00t's blog was threaded, replies were always associated with the original comment and oolon, being a troll, had to reply to that comment and not ignore or cherry pick responses. By pinning him/her down to one topic which s/he was unable to defend (because he lacks sufficient critical thinking ability to do so), s/he eventually cried off and refused to debate me, rather than retract the statement that s/he was unable to support.

Which, against such a blatant troll, is a pretty epic win IMNSHO :dance:

We need to be careful though. I think oolon should be allowed to have a voice here, troll or otherwise, and some dissenting voices, even fully retarded ones, are better than none.
inde vides agilem nocturnaque bella gerentem
Spence
.
.
 
Posts: 334
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:52 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Phil_Giordana_FCD » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:10 am  •  [Post 16106]

oolon** wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
1. Say a black person is a n*gger in a context where that person is being disparaged then racism is a reasonable assumption
2. Say a gay person is a f*ggot in a context where that person is being disparaged then homophobia is a reasonable assumption
3. Say a female person is a c*nt in a context where that person is being disparaged then misogyny is a reasonable assumption


Utter bulshit.


Hehe is this not feeding the troll? I'd like to know why it is not reasonable given at least for the first two making any statement like that by a public figure (In the UK) would result in serious censure and resignations etc. Actually in the UK the third would result in accusations of sexism regardless of the insistence here that 'no one' in the UK thinks of c*nt as sexist!

A citation for Dick and the Uk'ers who say 'no one' in the UK sees the word this way
http://www.thefword.org.uk/features/200 ... oo_for_who


(Sorry MKG and other anti-Oolons, I'd like to respond)

The thing is, from my own point of view, I'm not going to call a white person, whether they be male or female, gay or cis or trans, a nigger. I won't call a woman a faggot. I won't call a Scottish fisherman a rightful Dolly (whatever that is, I just made it up).

But I will call Bruce, the 6.5" white, cis-gendered, very heterosexual disco bouncer a cunt if he acts as such (being a fucking ass).

My view, and the end of this particular discussion for me. Bande de cons!
"It is science we are talking about here. It doesn't matter if you like the person making the argument. Sometimes the evidence supports the nice people and sometimes complete bastards are on the correct side of a scientific argument." -Strawkins
User avatar
Phil_Giordana_FCD
.
.
 
Posts: 5528
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:56 am
Location: Nice, France

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Michael K Gray » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:11 am  •  [Post 16107]

Johann the Cabbie wrote:
masakari2012 wrote:BTW, ERV only wants us to serve Mountain Dew or Crab Juice, so hide the beers before she shows up.

I'll have the Mountain Dew, thanks. Mixed with tequila, which in my hometown is called a redneck margarita.

...From which, I guess your hometown to be Reykjavik?
User avatar
Michael K Gray
.
.
 
Posts: 2480
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:04 am
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Phil_Giordana_FCD » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:14 am  •  [Post 16108]

Michael K Gray wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Michael K Gray wrote:Or "Whomsoever" in the plural.

I've got a bag of "punch in the face" for you. Royal mail ok?

No! I want my punch in the face to be in real life!
In front of the press!
Datelyne: Adelaide, Wednestuesday, Oct 32, 3013:
World-Famous lead Stylophone-player Fillet Godiabanana from the Retro-Punk-Jazz-Fusion/Light-Metal (Al, Na, Mg) Welsh Band PhairyLlandru, was filmed snotting a no-nobody of no-fixed address, Adelaide in a totally provoked assault!
Our reporter, who attended the subsequent trial, claimed that the magistrate said that she has not seen such a-more deserved beating in her many years on the bench.
And then went on to add that she has presided over multiple S&M Brothel cases in the last few years.
And enjoyed the evidence.
Caught adjourned!


Ok, I just lost it! I've got a very visual imagination, and it played like a perfect sitcom. I have tears of laughter at the corner of my eyes.
"It is science we are talking about here. It doesn't matter if you like the person making the argument. Sometimes the evidence supports the nice people and sometimes complete bastards are on the correct side of a scientific argument." -Strawkins
User avatar
Phil_Giordana_FCD
.
.
 
Posts: 5528
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:56 am
Location: Nice, France

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby real horrorshow » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:16 am  •  [Post 16109]

Scented Nectar wrote:Some new words coined at http://www.genderratic.com/p/2098/gener ... issiverse/

I followed a link from there to here and found:
Genderitis – My definition of genderitis is the tendency to see and try to analyze everything solely in terms of gender. It’s a mistake.

Damseling – At bottom damseling is a claim to on someone else to protection as a right, as an entitlement. Insisting on a woman’s victimhood in every situation, or her greater victimhood in her situation vis-à-vis someone else’s victimhood, is going to be crucial.


Which is, of course, what White Knights do.

I was also struck by this:
There really was a time when younger women tried to imitate the sophistication and worldiness of older women. There really was a time when grown women were ashamed to cry except maybe when a kid had died. Or at the opera. That was allowed. There really was a time when women didn’t chatter and giggle in public like high school girls. There really was a time when young American [women]* didn’t chirp when they talked. And somehow all that got cut out of femininity in our culture, the female gender role evolved away from adulthood.

(*my guess, the proof-reading leaves a little to be desired on that site.)
It's an interesting article. Worth a look.
“Let’s not just insult each other and cut off all discussion because we rationalists have somehow wandered into a land where emotion is king.” - Richard Dawkins
User avatar
real horrorshow
.
.
 
Posts: 1505
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:59 am
Location: In a band of brigands.

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Johann the Cabbie » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:17 am  •  [Post 16110]

Michael K Gray wrote:...From which, I guess your hometown to be Reykjavik?


Surely you jest. I'm from a small town in central Maine.
"[Johann the Cabbie is] some unknown loser, and probably wanted to gain some attention, which nobody gives him..." - astrokid.nj
User avatar
Johann the Cabbie
.
.
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:55 pm
Location: Some dairy farm in Holland.

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Gumby » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:18 am  •  [Post 16111]

welch wrote:
CommanderTuvok wrote:
oolon** wrote:http://www.patheos.com/blogs/wwjtd/2012/10/open-letter-to-justin-vacula/

Seems pretty good to me - if Justin had apologised for the mistakes he admitted he made JT would stand up for him. Even apologising for *some* if he has justification for the others... Not quite the bow-and-scrape John Welch thinks is needed.


Bullshit, tainted one. No amount of apologies would have worked. They launched a witch hunt, and they do not stop until the witch is drowned.

BTW, perineum, what do you think of Surly Amy's doc-dropping? Will you resort to the standard Baboon rationalisation (ie Baboons reserve the right to doc drop if they feel like), or actually admit Amy was wrong to do it?


Oolon's so full of shit he sharts when he burps. "If he'd only apologize." Justin said the thing with amy's address was stupid and he shouldn't have done it. But that's not enough. Because if you see what the fuckwits at FTB put Justin Griffith through, no ONLY did he have to apologize for supporting Abbie's right to have an opinion, even if he didn't agree with it, he had to reject all the overtures he'd made towards actually talking with us, and start actively shitting on us. Then, and ONLY then had he "done enough to make up for his mistake"

So Oolon saying "if he'd just apologize" is bollocks on a fucking stick. That crowd doesn't want an apology in the "admission of error and stating one will not repeat said error" sense that sane people mean. What they mean is a groveling amount of bowing and scraping and you must, MUST join in the hatred of the others.


And what groveling and shitting Justin Griffith did was still insufficient for the FTB pea-brained ignocenti. PZ, as far as I know, has kept his promise to never again acknowledge his existence. And he gets no visits or comments from any of the baboon regulars that I could see, where they often stopped by prior to Justingriffithwhateverthegatenameisgate. All that groveling, retreating backtracking and backstabbing in order to lick his masters' hands, and all it got him was a total shunning and a contemptuous, dismissive "We shall allow you to continue to exist here".

JG would have been far better off sticking to his principles and taking his lumps. If he had, and been booted off FTB, would his military atheist cause be any the worse off than it is today? I seriously doubt it. He could be doing just as well on his regular site. Maybe better off - there is no longer any "glamor" or other benefit to being attached to FTB. FTB is tainted now, and there is no honor in being associated with it. Justin can't be making any money off the site, if the number of comments he gets is any indication. I really wonder why he stays and allows himself to continue to play the part of beaten puppy. Pretty pathetic.
Just because you shot Jesse James, don’t make you Jesse James.
User avatar
Gumby
.
.
 
Posts: 4396
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:40 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Michael K Gray » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:22 am  •  [Post 16112]

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:(Sorry MKG and other anti-Oolons, I'd like to respond)

You seem to mistake my position.
I am not "anti-Oolon".
I am anti-folk-being-sucked-in-to-his-transparent-game, as you seem to be.
Were I Oolon, I'd be jumping with joy that that you had been taking the fetid bait for so long, despite other fish warning you about the trol-nets.
Positively beaming.
In fact, I may becoming "pro" Oolon, for his lazy skill as a fisherman for the naïve soles [sic] who always are attracted to his coarse rhetorical rete¹ are somewhat startling, despite their crudity, catch the same fishes time & time again.
Much akin to the "curious squid", of Pratchett folklore.
_____________________
¹ Latin for net
User avatar
Michael K Gray
.
.
 
Posts: 2480
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:04 am
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby decius » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:24 am  •  [Post 16113]

Take notice, everyone.

Phil, not ignoring you as I find this board a bit difficult to navigate - hard to find where I was previously and the number of people making comments on my points make it difficult to reply (Is that called a dogpile? Seems quite similar to when I disagree on FtBs).



More disingenuous self-exculpatory tripe similar to "I forgot my password" or "I'm unable to set up a second account".

The format of these boards lends itself to easy consultation and makes it very hard to miss the point and what each individual poster has said at any given time.

From experience, I started here by taking a 'contrarian' position that sent me on a collision course with several of the more eloquent and verbose (in the good sense of the word) denizens of the Pit. I had no difficulty whatsoever to follow, acknowledge and debate most if not all of their points and they all used the same courtesy to me. Although there was quite the barrage of posts coming my way, the difference was in the mutual commitment to progressing the conversation, rather than dishonestly stalling it.
Many others have managed to do the same, only poor poor Baboolon can't.
User avatar
decius
.
.
 
Posts: 1361
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:08 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Phil_Giordana_FCD » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:27 am  •  [Post 16114]

Michael K Gray wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:(Sorry MKG and other anti-Oolons, I'd like to respond)

You seem to mistake my position.
I am not "anti-Oolon".
I am anti-folk-being-sucked-in-to-his-transparent-game, as you seem to be.
Were I Oolon, I'd be jumping with joy that that you had been taking the fetid bait for so long, despite other fish warning you about the trol-nets.
Positively beaming.
In fact, I may becoming "pro" Oolon, for his lazy skill as a fisherman for the naïve soles [sic] who always are attracted to his coarse rhetorical rete¹ are somewhat startling, despite their crudity, catch the same fishes time & time again.
Much akin to the "curious squid", of Pratchett folklore.
_____________________
¹ Latin for net


Gotta love you for the Jingo reference.

But if I can help him jump with joy, what's the hurt? I've made the world a little better...

<--- no smiley, out of respect
"It is science we are talking about here. It doesn't matter if you like the person making the argument. Sometimes the evidence supports the nice people and sometimes complete bastards are on the correct side of a scientific argument." -Strawkins
User avatar
Phil_Giordana_FCD
.
.
 
Posts: 5528
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:56 am
Location: Nice, France

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Gumby » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:29 am  •  [Post 16115]

Dick Strawkins wrote:
JackRayner wrote:
disumbrationist wrote:By the way, I looove Dillahunty's latest video. He describes his 'experiment' to demonstrate the sanity of the A+theism forums, but says that his experiment never went to completion.
Ha!
No no no. Matt, you walked into the Large Moron Collider, where particles of stupid and lazy are crashed into each other at relativistic speeds, creating new and exotic galaxies of fallacies and sanctimonious whining.
You grabbed the largest handle you could find.
"Don't worry," you said. "The bullshit flux is just a tad too high. I'll just make this tiny adjustment too show how robust the machine is."
A small black hole, built from compressed persecution complex, formed that day, swallowing you and your internet fame whole.
The experiment was a incredible success.


:lol: Nice! :clap:

I watched the whole thing and I'm hoping that Dillahunty sticks to his guns about demanding that the A+Theists apologize to him, and that the inmates running the asylum over at the forums stick to their as well.

I'm saddened that he still won't admit that his little experiment proves him wrong, but there's still hope for a greater shit storm!


He does admit, in the latest clip, that they would have done nothing if he hadn't revealed his true (and oh so important) identity.
He just can't bring himself to admit out loud that the detractors have been proven 100% correct.


Because, of course, if he did, he'd be agreeing with the dreaded evil slimepitters. They can never force themselves to do that, no matter how right the pit is about something. They are frightened of the irrational and completely false bogeyman caricature they have made of us.
Just because you shot Jesse James, don’t make you Jesse James.
User avatar
Gumby
.
.
 
Posts: 4396
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:40 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Michael K Gray » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:29 am  •  [Post 16116]

Johann the Cabbie wrote:
Michael K Gray wrote:...From which, I guess your hometown to be Reykjavik?


Surely you jest. I'm from a small town in central Maine.

Central Maine, Iceland?
User avatar
Michael K Gray
.
.
 
Posts: 2480
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:04 am
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Tfoot » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:35 am  •  [Post 16117]

Ive taken to lurkin here as it goes great with popcorn, just dun post. Dun like to leave too many IP footprints (hence the proxy)

Just so you know, Matt, after all his ranting about how the A+theism forum banning him for really the most banal comments was a 'REAL problem that needed to be addressed'...well guess what he does next, but yup you guessed it, banned me for making the most banal comments.

http://thunderf00tdotorg.files.wordpres ... -tfoot.jpg
(see matts latest vid on him being banned)

I'm not quite sure what I find more amusing, the projection, or the hypocrisy. Either way the 'unposted' comment for me really sums it up (see image). What has A+theism provided? other than an atheist cat fight to determine who is the sad little king of the sad little hill.

Lets be real, this bunch of jokers have exactly zero chance of changing society, let alone changing it for the better.



FYI, surly amy threatened to sue for for 100 000 dollars for using her image on FTBs (going back a month or two).

"I have filed a claim with the US copyright office. I will have the official copyright certificate number for that particular image within 24 hours. If Thunderfoot decides to use that image in any derogatory way from this moment on I will be eligible to sue him for $100,000 in damages. Potentially more since it is a self portrait. No joke. Just FYI: you don't need an official claim with the US copyright office to have rights over an image you create but if you do file you wield a lot more power over the image. It is now officially filed." -Amy Roth

Normally this would have provoked an immediate response of publicly calling her bluff. The idea that she would be able to sue anyone for 100 000 dollars for using her image is a joke! The response I gave to Ed Brayton after he accused me of STEALING her work pretty much sums it up:

"Let me make this clear Ed.

1) copyright infringement IS NOT THEFT OR STEALING, in the same way arson IS NOT THEFT. They are different forms of illegal activity.

2) I only removed the image for YOUR benefit. Had this been on my channel I would have very publicly given Amy the finger on the ground of fair use, commentary/ news worthy/ does not significantly diminish the value of the work and “dragged her legally beaten carcass around the walls of troy” as I have done NUMEROUS reprehensible muppets who try to use copyright laws as a way of trying to stifling free speech. I am stunned that you seem to think that her behavior was either legitimate, or should be supported. And yes in the absence of some form of sign of contrition from Amy, she will presently join the ranks of venomfangx, kent hovind, the Discovery Institute, Drcraigvideos and others. Would anyone here suggest that she deserves any less fair treatment?"

So why didnt I go for Amy? Well people get tired of constantly fighting muppets who use the DMCA for censorship. Its the most common complaint I get is that I spend too much time on this sort of thing. Amy got lucky!
However the fact that she threatened to sue someone for 100 000 dollars simply for using one of her images which would amply fall under the fair use defense has put her in the same camp as a lot of creationists jerks who use it to stifle debate.

In fact, lets go thru the checklist of A+theism and creationism
1) used dmca to stifle open debate: CHECK (nice one Amy)
2) blocks or bans people for mild disagreement (CHECK, nice one Matt D and FTB and A+theism forum)
3) turns off comments and ratings (CHECK, see PZ video about throwing me out from FTB)

FYI on that last one, I had long predicted that PZ would delete the comments as soon as he found out what people were saying about him, so I copied the last 500 comments. LMAO, this like playin chess with VFX again....not too bright and soooo predictable!
User avatar
Tfoot
 

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Phil_Giordana_FCD » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:37 am  •  [Post 16118]

Michael K Gray wrote:
Johann the Cabbie wrote:
Michael K Gray wrote:...From which, I guess your hometown to be Reykjavik?


Surely you jest. I'm from a small town in central Maine.

Central Maine, Iceland?


You both are wrong:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maine_(province)
"It is science we are talking about here. It doesn't matter if you like the person making the argument. Sometimes the evidence supports the nice people and sometimes complete bastards are on the correct side of a scientific argument." -Strawkins
User avatar
Phil_Giordana_FCD
.
.
 
Posts: 5528
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:56 am
Location: Nice, France

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby decius » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:38 am  •  [Post 16119]

Ad addendum to my previous post. What I described occurred at Abbie's place, which doesn't even have a user's post history page. If Baboolon wanted to reply to Phil's points and had forgotten its details, all he had to do was to browse his personal page.
User avatar
decius
.
.
 
Posts: 1361
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:08 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Michael K Gray » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:41 am  •  [Post 16120]

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:But if I can help him jump with joy, what's the hurt? I've made the world a little better...

If that is, indeed, your ultimate goal, then you shall brook no countenance from me.
But I suspect that from your previous verbiages that it not your ultimate goal.
Please correct me if I am incorrect.
As for "what's the hurt?", don't get me started, please!
One may well ask, (as an extremum): "What is the hurt in convincing folk that hippy crystals can cure cancer?"
(I am guessing that that question is as stark as the kreepy-marionette image.)
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:<--- no smiley, out of respect

Well met, good Sir knight.
User avatar
Michael K Gray
.
.
 
Posts: 2480
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:04 am
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Gumby » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:49 am  •  [Post 16121]

Tony Parsehole wrote: JT also makes the mistake of saying the A+forum is troll fatigued. Troll fatigued? They have 1853 users and have only banned 30, including Matt, for "trolling". hardly warrants fatigue.*


Their definition of "troll" is what's fatiguing them. Trolling to them not only means people out to mock and disrupt, it also means people who don't know much about A+, are genuinely curious about what it's all about, and ask common questions that have been posed many times before. This annoys the High Priesthood, and such people are dismissed as trollish, disruptive and "JAQ-ing off". Seems to me, if you're trying to start a new movement, especially one that touts itself as being progressive, open and inclusive, that one should be patient of newbies and patiently and eagerly explain things to them in order to be inclusive and welcome them into the fold. But that's just me, that whole Sophisticated Theology thing is tough for me to figure out.

Another way to be instantly labeled a "problem" and a "troll" is to express concern over the way people are treated there. Every time the High Priests don their wife-beaters and go after someone who posted something innocuous but technically against the spirit of letter of the law of the 137-volume bylaws of that forum, there is invariably someone who takes issue with the treatment being meted out. Nothing gets you on the No Fly List faster than saying "Hey guys, I know that question's been asked a million times before, but do we really have to treat him this way? He's new here and seems to genuinely want to know, I don't see any indication of trolling here". Of course, that is tantamount to questioning the competence of the 574 moderators, which is treason.

If there was ever a group of people who needed to just relax, this is the one.
Just because you shot Jesse James, don’t make you Jesse James.
User avatar
Gumby
.
.
 
Posts: 4396
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:40 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Phil_Giordana_FCD » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:49 am  •  [Post 16122]

O Hai TF!

If the design has not benn patented to an official organization, I'm not sure a DMCA is valid. That's just an input from my own experiences (I had to pay fucking 210 euros for my logo to be put in). Let's not even talk about Sacem for music.
"It is science we are talking about here. It doesn't matter if you like the person making the argument. Sometimes the evidence supports the nice people and sometimes complete bastards are on the correct side of a scientific argument." -Strawkins
User avatar
Phil_Giordana_FCD
.
.
 
Posts: 5528
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:56 am
Location: Nice, France

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Phil_Giordana_FCD » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:59 am  •  [Post 16123]

Michael K Gray wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:But if I can help him jump with joy, what's the hurt? I've made the world a little better...

If that is, indeed, your ultimate goal, then you shall brook no countenance from me.
But I suspect that from your previous verbiages that it not your ultimate goal.


I really have to brush on my English. I'm at a loss re the sublined part. But as far as my ultimate goal goes: live my life happily with my soon-to-be-wife and have lots of fun and adventures with the Pit. Worthy goals, yes?


As for "what's the hurt?", don't get me started, please!
One may well ask, (as an extremum): "What is the hurt in convincing folk that hippy crystals can cure cancer?"
(I am guessing that that question is as stark as the kreepy-marionette image.)


One poster on a forum does not mean the forum embrasses said poster's views. If he's trying to paint us in a bad light, well good luck to him. Everything is either here or archived. Let him have his fun.


Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:<--- no smiley, out of respect

Well met, good Sir knight.


And Gladiator, I salute you!
"It is science we are talking about here. It doesn't matter if you like the person making the argument. Sometimes the evidence supports the nice people and sometimes complete bastards are on the correct side of a scientific argument." -Strawkins
User avatar
Phil_Giordana_FCD
.
.
 
Posts: 5528
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:56 am
Location: Nice, France

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Johann the Cabbie » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:03 am  •  [Post 16124]

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Michael K Gray wrote:
Johann the Cabbie wrote:
Michael K Gray wrote:...From which, I guess your hometown to be Reykjavik?


Surely you jest. I'm from a small town in central Maine.

Central Maine, Iceland?


You both are wrong:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maine_(province)


I didn't even know the French had stolen my state name from one of their provinces. I'm gonna hafta DMCA France now, those fuckers.
"[Johann the Cabbie is] some unknown loser, and probably wanted to gain some attention, which nobody gives him..." - astrokid.nj
User avatar
Johann the Cabbie
.
.
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:55 pm
Location: Some dairy farm in Holland.

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Johann the Cabbie » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:05 am  •  [Post 16125]

Hello TFoot.

Some interesting background there concerning Amy's copyright bullshit.
"[Johann the Cabbie is] some unknown loser, and probably wanted to gain some attention, which nobody gives him..." - astrokid.nj
User avatar
Johann the Cabbie
.
.
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:55 pm
Location: Some dairy farm in Holland.

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Gumby » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:11 am  •  [Post 16126]

Just because you shot Jesse James, don’t make you Jesse James.
User avatar
Gumby
.
.
 
Posts: 4396
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:40 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby aweraw » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:13 am  •  [Post 16127]

Gumby wrote:Seems to me, if you're trying to start a new movement, especially one that touts itself as being progressive, open and inclusive, that one should be patient of newbies and patiently and eagerly explain things to them in order to be inclusive and welcome them into the fold.


I laughed while reading JT trying to make a connection between how Matt's call-in talk show is moderated and how the A+ forums are moderated. I suppose they are both moderated in a fairly dismissive fashion, except in one case it's conducive to making an interesting television program, and in the other conducive to drumming people the fuck out of your oh so inclusive 'comminuty'.
Give me ambiguity, or give me something else!
User avatar
aweraw
.
.
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:15 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Michael K Gray » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:14 am  •  [Post 16128]

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Michael K Gray wrote:then you shall brook no countenance from me.

I really have to brush on my English. I'm at a loss re the sublined part.

I feel ashamed, but likely should not.
I am confident that your English is far superior to my French, let that be stated.
I tend to employ archaisms that are popular amongst the wanker-crowd of academia.
I still find it passing strange that (say) Eton-educated Steven Fry is positively idolised for prostituting such targeted words & phrases, yet mere antipodean equivalents are shunned.

Once I have heaved that chip from off my shoulder, I propose to address your actual stumbling block:
"then you shall brook no countenance from me" sort-of means: "I will not object", or "I do not propose to put any hurdles in your path".
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_does_'br ... ment'_mean
User avatar
Michael K Gray
.
.
 
Posts: 2480
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:04 am
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Spence » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:33 am  •  [Post 16129]

Tfoot wrote:FYI, surly amy threatened to sue for for 100 000 dollars for using her image on FTBs (going back a month or two).

ROFLMAO. Amy knows as much about the legal process as oolon does. The irony is that she probably made a bucket load of extra income following all the publicity. Far from costing her, I suspect tf00t/elevatorGate/Vacula fair use of her images actually made money for her.

Tfoot quoting Amy wrote:If Thunderfoot decides to use that image in any derogatory way from this moment on I will be eligible to sue him for $100,000 in damages.

Properly retarded. There is no "eligibility" criteria for suing someone. You just go and do it. Of course anyone who does that risks being saddled with defence costs under many circumstances for frivolous abuse of the court system, a point lawyers were subtly making on her behalf demanding a $5k upfront fee.
inde vides agilem nocturnaque bella gerentem
Spence
.
.
 
Posts: 334
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:52 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Johann the Cabbie » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:34 am  •  [Post 16130]

Earlier I mentioned that I agreed to a debate with Paul Elam. I confess that I find the guy tedious, though not quite as tedious as Oolon.

My opening salvo and Elam's response:
http://www.avoiceformen.com/a-voice-for ... e-part-ii/

My latest response:
http://johannthecabbie.blogspot.nl/2012 ... t-iii.html
"[Johann the Cabbie is] some unknown loser, and probably wanted to gain some attention, which nobody gives him..." - astrokid.nj
User avatar
Johann the Cabbie
.
.
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:55 pm
Location: Some dairy farm in Holland.

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby TheMan » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:44 am  •  [Post 16131]

My understanding of Fair Dealing use requires elements of criticism & review and is designed to allow News services to use otherwise copyrighted material to clarify or support the news article/story. The only caveat I'm aware of is that the copyrighted material needs to be specifically referenced and appropriately relevant.

For example. TV news story in the finance section uses Tom Cruise's "show me the money" grab illustrate a line in the story about corporate greed. In this instance copyright has been breached because it doesn't tick the caveats. There are other ways to use pictures to illustrate that line (and showing a picture of Rupert Murdoch) wouldn't work either and the line wasn't directly and specifically critiqued or mentioned in the TV reporters voice overlay. In this instance the reporter just needed to say... "...end the excessive attitudes of corporate CEO's as portrayed by Tom Cruise in.....

The trouble is, and I should check into this when I get to work on Monday, copyright laws haven't been updated since 2001 when Australian copyright laws were brought into line with the USA after the FTA was ratified. A lot has happened on the Internet since then and I suspect blogging has blurred the lines about what constitutes News (and Current Affairs) reportage.

PS: other than News services, Educational institutions are given the same laxities in Copyright news services get....

(heh! while typing this I had to add the word "blogging" to my dictionary)
It wasn't me....
User avatar
TheMan
.
.
 
Posts: 652
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:56 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia.

Oh Amy!

Postby Dilurk » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:48 am  •  [Post 16132]



I'll leave it up to Lsuoma to delete this if necessary. Anyone who has my IP knows who I am and where I live. Anyone who knows my real name can find me easily enough. There has been no privacy on the Internet in years. You post on here, you are a public figure. Pro tip. If you are going to register a trademark, see if at least you can't use a PO box or perhaps your lawyer's office.

I'm very tempted to suggest the Streisland effect be used to publish her damn address all over the forking Internet. If this information is correct you live in an apartment building with some security at the front door unlike me who owns a house. What a piece of shit you are Amy. I have been harassed at home, I had a real time Internet stalker phoning me and my family at home. You don't know the meaning of harassment. Fuck you.

Editing to remove pseudo-doxxing...
Last edited by Lsuoma on Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Editing to remove pseudo-doxxing
User avatar
Dilurk
.
.
 
Posts: 1215
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:04 pm

Re: Mars vs Venus

Postby acathode » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:50 am  •  [Post 16133]

Michael K Gray wrote:As for the idea that males 'feed' their wives, this is not borne out by any tribe of which I am familiar.
In traditional Australian tribes, it is the other women who bring in and prepare most of the food and provide care & protection for pregnant females.
Sorry for the late response to this, I originally thought of answering but other stuff got in the way, and then it seemed to be a rather minor thing to bring up after the discussion had moved on to other subjects... but then I recently read I think Steersman pointing out the importance of admitting you where wrong, and got reminded/"inspired" to do just that, and I also have reason to chip in on the Amy Roth/DMCA subject, so I though it'd be nice to properly end this discussion before I continue.
You're completely right, if what you say is true about the other women taking care of the pregnant in tribes etc. I have to admit that anthropology is something that I have a limited knowledge of, and that what was going through my mind when I posted that was a completely lone women in a cave, lumbering around in the 8th month, trying to get food and protect herself on her own, compared to a women in a cave + a male, where the male was the typical "provider husband". The rest of the tribe for some reason didn't even enter into my thoughts.

Now, to Amy Roth.
Her recent post is complete bullshit. She's either lying through her teeth, or she is completely clueless on how copyright, DMCA and fair use actually work. Justin's use was well within fair use, the image was relevant to the point Justin was making on the absurdities of banning "fake jewelry", it was not blatant copying, and the use of that photo has no impact on Amy's actual businesses, since her business is about selling jewelry, not photos of jewelry. This article from EFF is good reading on using others IP in blogs.

Her most important point seems to be that Justin, by accepting donations on his blog, is using her image commercially and is making money out of her copyrighted works, and that's enough to make the DMCA valid. Again, either she is clueless or dishonest, donations does not make a site commercial, and even if Justin's blog had been a commercial site, his use still falls under fair use and is completely legal. Even if you're a commercial company, and for example offer online reviews of products, like movies (see Rotten Tomatoes) you are allowed to for use copyrighted product images in reviews you publish, like thumbs of movie posters. Even if you're reviews are extremely negative and critical, the big movie companies can not shut down sites like Rotten Tomatoes or IMDB with DMCA notices, when one of their movies get a 3/10 score.

Her whole damn post is misrepresenting copyright law and procedures so horrible it makes my eyes water.

She simply "asked his server to remove the image" - Filing a DMCA complaint is "just asking for the host to remove the image" the same way that mugging someone at gunpoint is "just asking for some money". Filling a DMCA notice is serous legal accusation, and if the host don't comply, they themselves open themselves up to severe legal actions and economic damages. Therefore, abusing DMCAs to oppress and silence others is harshly punished, and if you do it you can potentially face some serious legal consequences.

She was completely unaware of what happens to DMCAd posts and no intention of censorship - She is either lying or completely clueless. DMCA claims are taken very seriously by most hosts, since they can be held accountable they always hit with the sledgehammer and not the scalpel. Even if the whole post would not have been removed, most hosts do have a 3 strike rule until they completely remove the whole blog.
This is basic knowledge, if for nothing else, just for the amount of drama abuses of DMCAs has caused to bloggers and youtubers. Anyone in the blogging business should know that DMCAs has been a tool often used to try to silence people, by very dubious and dishonest people. But of course, Amy isn't one of those slimeballs... no, she's just so angry that someone is making money with her art!!!!! :whistle:

Justin filing a counter DMCA "saying he had rights to my image" - No you lying *****. A counter DMCA is something that you have to do if someone is abusing the DMCA to try to silence people, WHICH YOU TRIED TO! It does not mean that the person is contesting your rights, it means that he thinks that your DMCA is invalid, because for example the use falls under fair use.

No one would take the case for under a $5,000 retainer because .. - Because any law firm know they'd lose the case since Justin's use falls under fair use, not because of the confused explanation about counter-DMCAing trolls Amy gives. Justin's use is almost a textbook example of fair use, and any law firm that took a closer look would see that.

Justin's use wasn't fair use because he makes money out of his blog - Simply not true, see above.

She temporarily lost the rights to her photos - No, you stupid... You still own the copyright! It's just that everyone has the right to use your IP if the use falls under fair use, forever and ever! That's how copyright laws work!

ps. this post was written ~14 hours ago, meant to post it but my internet went stone dead... :evil:
User avatar
acathode
.
.
 
Posts: 771
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:46 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Dick Strawkins » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:53 am  •  [Post 16134]

oolon said
3. Say a female person is a c*nt in a context where that person is being disparaged then misogyny is a reasonable assumption.

A citation for Dick and the Uk'ers who say 'no one' in the UK sees the word this way
http://www.thefword.org.uk/features/200 ... oo_for_who


Did anyone else read the post oolon linked?

Not only does it fail to make the point he suggests, it makes the opposite point. We have a UK feminist saying that cunt shouldnt be seen as taboo!

By the way, nice try at shifting the goalposts. I'm not saying that NOBODY in the UK thinks like that - there's bound to be some as it seems to be an idea that many radical feminists hold (as opposed to mainstream UK feminists - like the one in your link)

Can't we get a better troll?
PZ Myers: "Hypocrisy is a bitch, isn't it?"
User avatar
Dick Strawkins
.
.
 
Posts: 5032
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:34 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Za-zen » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:01 am  •  [Post 16135]

Tfoot:

I note that Matt in defence to your charge that the president of the ACA shouldn't be behaving in such fashion announces that he is not speaking in that capacity. The reasonable extrapolation is that what he says within and about atheism without his ACA hat on should have no bearing on his role as ACA president.

Really?! I also note Dillahunty objected to the appointment of Vacula to a position within the SCA because of what he said before he wore an SCA hat.

Dillahunty has demonstrated himself to be a walking advertisement for cognitive dissonance, and his alignment with the cult of victimhood (Aplus) puts a spotlight on it. There is what he wants it to be, what he believes it to be, and what it actually fucking is. He can't reconcile that last part with the first two, and thus rejects it.
Dillahunty: @Zaminuszen You seem to confuse free speech with freethought. Ironic that you do this while claiming we don't know the difference. Bye!
User avatar
Za-zen
.
.
 
Posts: 1891
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:39 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Spence » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:07 am  •  [Post 16136]

Dick Strawkins wrote:oolon said
3. Say a female person is a c*nt in a context where that person is being disparaged then misogyny is a reasonable assumption.

A citation for Dick and the Uk'ers who say 'no one' in the UK sees the word this way
http://www.thefword.org.uk/features/200 ... oo_for_who


Did anyone else read the post oolon linked?

ROFLMAO. I confess, I didn't bother following it since oolon created a straw man with the "no one" statement (in quotes, no less). Many people here referred to the use of cunt in the UK causing little concern, but also noted some hypersensitive people do need fainting couches. So, I didn't read the article since it was constructed on a pointless straw man.

But now you mention it, the article underlines EXACTLY the points we have been making here. The closing para sums it up:

Does that mean men can't use the word 'cunt' in an abusive way - that it should be reserved for women's use? Not necessarily. After all, if men can use it in a descriptive way, why not the other way too? The distinction seems facile. And distinguishing who can use a word on the basis of their sex seems unnecessarily discriminatory and separatist. Are you more offended when a man uses 'cunt' as a term of abuse than when a woman does? Should you be? And does that mean a woman using 'dick' as an insult is necessarily more offensive than a man using it? To be honest I don't know what the answer is. But I'd be interested to hear what you think.

Awesome. One paragraph of clear thought that the FC6/5/4 plus associated trolls are unable to connect the dots over.
inde vides agilem nocturnaque bella gerentem
Spence
.
.
 
Posts: 334
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:52 am

Oolon

Postby Lsuoma » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:27 am  •  [Post 16137]

http://slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=132&p=17683#p17683

Given the problems he has had accessing the other account he has said that he will open another registered account and use that instead. I have approved this: it is not multiple accounts, AFAIC, but if the original oolon account is ever again used for posting, I will deem this bad faith, and he may find himself being whisked off to a sandpit, depending on what sort of mood I am in.
Call me old-fashioned, but I like a dump to be as memorable as it is devastating.
User avatar
Lsuoma
Fascist Tit
 
Posts: 4891
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:58 pm
Location: Pacific NW

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby decius » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:28 am  •  [Post 16138]

Tfoot, nice to see you here. I value your work immensely. However, I disagree with the trust of your post to Dillahunty.

I think there's more at stake than what you suggest in your characterisation of this rift as a squabble for petty goals among sad individuals (or some such).
This side is fighting back the hijacking of the movement by puritanical ideologues and über-virtuosi, who appointed themselves guardians of values they wish to impose on everyone else. Said values have nothing to do with the original objectives that brought so many diverse people together in the fight against religious superstition and in support of science and rational enquiry.
It is truly a shame that this is occurring, but the challenges this situation is posing cannot simply be left unchecked.
Surely, after your experiences at Peezus's hands, you cannot seriously suggest that all our side is offering to the community at large is popcorn entertainment.

I for one cannot wait for a refocussing of our collective efforts against the common enemies of ignorance and superstition, but this cannot be done under the jackboot of radical feminism.
User avatar
decius
.
.
 
Posts: 1361
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:08 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Tigzy » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:30 am  •  [Post 16139]

oolon** wrote:A citation for Dick and the Uk'ers who say 'no one' in the UK sees the word this way
http://www.thefword.org.uk/features/200 ... oo_for_who


Holy shit! Is that the best you can do? An article from 2003 which - in all the time it's been up there - was retweeted 3 times and recommended by a staggering 33 people on facebook! :lol:

Sure, it's a bit more than 'no one'. Just a bit, mind.
"It should be noted that among the more alarming tendencies of those men who participate in train-spotters' groups, one will also find a complete disinclination to discuss feminism or women's issues."

Isobel Shed, feminist, 1959
User avatar
Tigzy
.
.
 
Posts: 3168
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:53 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby decius » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:32 am  •  [Post 16140]

*Thrust, not trust.
User avatar
decius
.
.
 
Posts: 1361
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:08 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Tony Parsehole » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:33 am  •  [Post 16141]

Dick Strawkins wrote:oolon said
3. Say a female person is a c*nt in a context where that person is being disparaged then misogyny is a reasonable assumption.

A citation for Dick and the Uk'ers who say 'no one' in the UK sees the word this way
http://www.thefword.org.uk/features/200 ... oo_for_who


Did anyone else read the post oolon linked?

Not only does it fail to make the point he suggests, it makes the opposite point. We have a UK feminist saying that cunt shouldnt be seen as taboo!

By the way, nice try at shifting the goalposts. I'm not saying that NOBODY in the UK thinks like that - there's bound to be some as it seems to be an idea that many radical feminists hold (as opposed to mainstream UK feminists - like the one in your link)

Can't we get a better troll?


Yes Dick, I read the link Oolon posted but because it was so utterly full of shit(a single feminist blogpost proves that cunt is a misogynistic term in the UK regardless of the other 64,000,009 people who claim otherwise?) I perceived it as blatant trolling and am now refusing to bite on any of his bait.
"It wasn't long before the arse-featured animals were all vibrating frenziedly"
Image
User avatar
Tony Parsehole
.
.
 
Posts: 4801
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:16 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Tony Parsehole » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:35 am  •  [Post 16142]

@Tfoot. Welcome! Banned of Matt huh? You probably sparked his guilty conscience. All the shit he slung at you is going to come back and bite him on the arse.
"It wasn't long before the arse-featured animals were all vibrating frenziedly"
Image
User avatar
Tony Parsehole
.
.
 
Posts: 4801
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:16 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Scented Nectar » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:36 am  •  [Post 16143]

real horrorshow wrote:It's an interesting article. Worth a look.

Most of their articles are quite interesting. Typhon Blue, who writes there also has a YouTube channel. Here's a recent video by her, although it's on JohnTheOther's channel instead of her own:

User avatar
Scented Nectar
.
.
 
Posts: 2632
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:45 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby bhoytony » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:37 am  •  [Post 16144]

decius wrote:*Thrust, not trust.



RAPE! RAPE! HELP!
User avatar
bhoytony
.
.
 
Posts: 2442
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:56 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Scented Nectar » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:37 am  •  [Post 16145]

decius wrote:Take notice, everyone.
Phil, not ignoring you as I find this board a bit difficult to navigate - hard to find where I was previously and the number of people making comments on my points make it difficult to reply (Is that called a dogpile? Seems quite similar to when I disagree on FtBs).

More disingenuous self-exculpatory tripe similar to "I forgot my password" or "I'm unable to set up a second account".

The format of these boards lends itself to easy consultation and makes it very hard to miss the point and what each individual poster has said at any given time.

From experience, I started here by taking a 'contrarian' position that sent me on a collision course with several of the more eloquent and verbose (in the good sense of the word) denizens of the Pit. I had no difficulty whatsoever to follow, acknowledge and debate most if not all of their points and they all used the same courtesy to me. Although there was quite the barrage of posts coming my way, the difference was in the mutual commitment to progressing the conversation, rather than dishonestly stalling it.
Many others have managed to do the same, only poor poor Baboolon can't.

He's probably having extra difficulty following along due to not being signed in. If signed in, a person can have the forum take them to exactly where the new comments start in the thread. I explain how to navigate the forum here: http://scentednectar.blogspot.com/2012/ ... -fine.html
User avatar
Scented Nectar
.
.
 
Posts: 2632
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:45 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Scented Nectar » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:41 am  •  [Post 16146]

Tfoot wrote:So why didnt I go for Amy? Well people get tired of constantly fighting muppets who use the DMCA for censorship. Its the most common complaint I get is that I spend too much time on this sort of thing. Amy got lucky!
However the fact that she threatened to sue someone for 100 000 dollars simply for using one of her images which would amply fall under the fair use defense has put her in the same camp as a lot of creationists jerks who use it to stifle debate.

In fact, lets go thru the checklist of A+theism and creationism
1) used dmca to stifle open debate: CHECK (nice one Amy)
2) blocks or bans people for mild disagreement (CHECK, nice one Matt D and FTB and A+theism forum)
3) turns off comments and ratings (CHECK, see PZ video about throwing me out from FTB)

FYI on that last one, I had long predicted that PZ would delete the comments as soon as he found out what people were saying about him, so I copied the last 500 comments. LMAO, this like playin chess with VFX again....not too bright and soooo predictable!

I think the non-youtubing bloggers have only just discovered the dmca as a way to silence others. They have no idea what fair use is, and obviously no idea at all that you have fought some well known (on yt anyways) dmca's. Venomfangx was hilarious when having to apologize on camera as part of the settlement in your favour after the shit he caused with his false dmca's. Would I ever love to see Amy have to do the same sort of thing. :lol:

User avatar
Scented Nectar
.
.
 
Posts: 2632
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:45 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Za-zen » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:43 am  •  [Post 16147]

Oolon you cunt, you have shown quite clearly by your avoidance of my woostion that you are in fact a woostain.

Amswer the fucking question are you or are you not a gayfish
Dillahunty: @Zaminuszen You seem to confuse free speech with freethought. Ironic that you do this while claiming we don't know the difference. Bye!
User avatar
Za-zen
.
.
 
Posts: 1891
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:39 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby decius » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:51 am  •  [Post 16148]

bhoytony wrote:
decius wrote:*Thrust, not trust.



RAPE! RAPE! HELP!


A rape joke! Where's my pitchfork?
User avatar
decius
.
.
 
Posts: 1361
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:08 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Tigzy » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:51 am  •  [Post 16149]

Michael K Gray wrote:Were I Oolon, I'd be jumping with joy that that you had been taking the fetid bait for so long, despite other fish warning you about the trol-nets.


Or maybe it's the other way round, MKG. Personally, I'm finding that Oolon, despite his contrary attitude, is really getting into the spirit of things here - posting a lot, and putting plenty into those posts. In fact, I reckon he's coming to enjoy his frequent forays here - hell, earlier he said he visited to escape his in-laws, which counts for something, I reckon. Personally, I'd go so far as to consider Oolon a right proper bona-fide Slymepitter.
"It should be noted that among the more alarming tendencies of those men who participate in train-spotters' groups, one will also find a complete disinclination to discuss feminism or women's issues."

Isobel Shed, feminist, 1959
User avatar
Tigzy
.
.
 
Posts: 3168
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:53 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby bhoytony » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:52 am  •  [Post 16150]

Tigzy wrote:
Or maybe it's the other way round, MKG. Personally, I'm finding that Oolon, despite his contrary attitude, is really getting into the spirit of things here - posting a lot, and putting plenty into those posts. In fact, I reckon he's coming to enjoy his frequent forays here - hell, earlier he said he visited to escape his in-laws, which counts for something, I reckon. Personally, I'd go so far as to consider Oolon a right proper bona-fide Slymepitter.


Nice try, but too obvious.
User avatar
bhoytony
.
.
 
Posts: 2442
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:56 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Za-zen » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:01 am  •  [Post 16151]

Noel plum is a racist cunt, i knew there was something wrong with the blonde hair in that video. And yes the hair is wrong, but he associates with a white supremacist group. Bastard goes to sports events and everything with them. I knew it when i spotted the tell tale badge on his shirt. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chelsea_Headhunters

Noel needs to be reported to youtube, his agenda in posting is now clear. He a fucking deep cover nazi. Bet he didnt even realise that we'd spot the giveaway chelsea badge on his shirt.


I cant believe im about to do this: but just incase there are any Aplus ftb morons reading this who later suggest that plum is in fact a racist as proven through this post. This you intellectual retards it is what is known amongst non fucktards as a pisstake.
Dillahunty: @Zaminuszen You seem to confuse free speech with freethought. Ironic that you do this while claiming we don't know the difference. Bye!
User avatar
Za-zen
.
.
 
Posts: 1891
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:39 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Tony Parsehole » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:05 am  •  [Post 16152]

Za-zen wrote:Noel plum is a racist cunt, i knew there was something wrong with the blonde hair in that video. And yes the hair is wrong, but he associates with a white supremacist group. Bastard goes to sports events and everything with them. I knew it when i spotted the tell tale badge on his shirt. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chelsea_Headhunters

Noel needs to be reported to youtube, his agenda in posting is now clear. He a fucking deep cover nazi. Bet he didnt even realise that we'd spot the giveaway chelsea badge on his shirt.


I cant believe im about to do this: but just incase there are any Aplus ftb morons reading this who later suggest that plum is in fact a racist as proven through this post. This you intellectual retards it is what is known amongst non fucktards as a pisstake.

Pffff....As if that disclaimer will stop anything.
"It wasn't long before the arse-featured animals were all vibrating frenziedly"
Image
User avatar
Tony Parsehole
.
.
 
Posts: 4801
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:16 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby bhoytony » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:10 am  •  [Post 16153]

Za-zen wrote:Noel plum is a racist cunt, i knew there was something wrong with the blonde hair in that video. And yes the hair is wrong, but he associates with a white supremacist group. Bastard goes to sports events and everything with them. I knew it when i spotted the tell tale badge on his shirt. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chelsea_Headhunters

Noel needs to be reported to youtube, his agenda in posting is now clear. He a fucking deep cover nazi. Bet he didnt even realise that we'd spot the giveaway chelsea badge on his shirt.


I cant believe im about to do this: but just incase there are any Aplus ftb morons reading this who later suggest that plum is in fact a racist as proven through this post. This you intellectual retards it is what is known amongst non fucktards as a pisstake.


Blech! I've come across some of those Chelsea Headhunters living as expats and had some dealings with them. A more horrible, moronic and most of all cowardly bunch of skidmarks I have yet to meet.
User avatar
bhoytony
.
.
 
Posts: 2442
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:56 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Za-zen » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:16 am  •  [Post 16154]

Bhoy, you celtic twat, how bout i scottish kiss the fuck hole on your face after my team rape yours.

Somebody role in the couches for all the yanks that are about to swoon.
Dillahunty: @Zaminuszen You seem to confuse free speech with freethought. Ironic that you do this while claiming we don't know the difference. Bye!
User avatar
Za-zen
.
.
 
Posts: 1891
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:39 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Johann the Cabbie » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:18 am  •  [Post 16155]

Let's see of I can post a photo...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"[Johann the Cabbie is] some unknown loser, and probably wanted to gain some attention, which nobody gives him..." - astrokid.nj
User avatar
Johann the Cabbie
.
.
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:55 pm
Location: Some dairy farm in Holland.

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Tigzy » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:23 am  •  [Post 16156]

Thimbledoo has clearly not got his skeptic hat on in his latest round of dribblings:

Especially when pattern recognition dictates that the overwhelming majority of the time that an argument is framed the way you framed it, it actually is a troll.


Has he never heard of pareidolia?

What a dummy.
"It should be noted that among the more alarming tendencies of those men who participate in train-spotters' groups, one will also find a complete disinclination to discuss feminism or women's issues."

Isobel Shed, feminist, 1959
User avatar
Tigzy
.
.
 
Posts: 3168
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:53 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby bhoytony » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:23 am  •  [Post 16157]

Za-zen wrote:Bhoy, you celtic twat, how bout i scottish kiss the fuck hole on your face after my team rape yours.

Somebody role in the couches for all the yanks that are about to swoon.


Scottish kiss? Please learn the correct terminology or I may have to pit the heid on you.
User avatar
bhoytony
.
.
 
Posts: 2442
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:56 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Za-zen » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:25 am  •  [Post 16158]

Malky
Dillahunty: @Zaminuszen You seem to confuse free speech with freethought. Ironic that you do this while claiming we don't know the difference. Bye!
User avatar
Za-zen
.
.
 
Posts: 1891
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:39 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby mikelf » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:27 am  •  [Post 16159]

Johann the Cabbie wrote:Let's see of I can post a photo...


And you lot say that the A+ers lack self-awareness.......
User avatar
mikelf
.
.
 
Posts: 300
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:34 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby bhoytony » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:29 am  •  [Post 16160]

Za-zen wrote:Malky


You're not from Dundee are you?

Set phasers tae malky

User avatar
bhoytony
.
.
 
Posts: 2442
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:56 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Za-zen » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:42 am  •  [Post 16161]

bhoytony wrote:
Za-zen wrote:Malky


You're not from Dundee are you?

Set phasers tae malky




That is fuckin golden. Im norn iron.
Dillahunty: @Zaminuszen You seem to confuse free speech with freethought. Ironic that you do this while claiming we don't know the difference. Bye!
User avatar
Za-zen
.
.
 
Posts: 1891
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:39 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Dick Strawkins » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:46 am  •  [Post 16162]

Johann the Cabbie wrote:Let's see of I can post a photo...


For some unknown reason I seem to be remembering that episode of 'The Simpsons' when Homer bankrupt the 'All-You-Can-Eat' restaurant.
PZ Myers: "Hypocrisy is a bitch, isn't it?"
User avatar
Dick Strawkins
.
.
 
Posts: 5032
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:34 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Za-zen » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:46 am  •  [Post 16163]



If you don't get this, you need a passport.
Dillahunty: @Zaminuszen You seem to confuse free speech with freethought. Ironic that you do this while claiming we don't know the difference. Bye!
User avatar
Za-zen
.
.
 
Posts: 1891
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:39 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Johann the Cabbie » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:47 am  •  [Post 16164]

Scented Nectar wrote:I think the non-youtubing bloggers have only just discovered the dmca as a way to silence others. They have no idea what fair use is, and obviously no idea at all that you have fought some well known (on yt anyways) dmca's. Venomfangx was hilarious when having to apologize on camera as part of the settlement in your favour after the shit he caused with his false dmca's. Would I ever love to see Amy have to do the same sort of thing. :lol:



Not much of a YT follower, so I missed all of this. That video is hilarious, and one that Amy and her ilk should pay attention to.
"[Johann the Cabbie is] some unknown loser, and probably wanted to gain some attention, which nobody gives him..." - astrokid.nj
User avatar
Johann the Cabbie
.
.
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:55 pm
Location: Some dairy farm in Holland.

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Lsuoma » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:50 am  •  [Post 16165]

Tigzy wrote:Personally, I'd go so far as to consider Oolon a right proper bona-fide Slymepitter.

You cunt: you've probably got him banned from FfTB for life with that comment...
Call me old-fashioned, but I like a dump to be as memorable as it is devastating.
User avatar
Lsuoma
Fascist Tit
 
Posts: 4891
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:58 pm
Location: Pacific NW

PreviousNext

Return to Periodic Table of Swearing - The Undead Thread

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Brive1987, CaptainFluffyBunny, Google [Bot], HunnyBunny, Opyt, Really?, Selenite and 19 guests