Periodic Table of Swearing

Old subthreads
another lurker

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Post by another lurker »

Eucliwood replied to my new post, and I appreciated it!

Being new here and all!

/wave

somedumbguy

Post by somedumbguy »

another lurker wrote:http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... /#comments

This "Edward Gemmer" guy is transparently 'having a go' at them, and they cannot even see it. They are so wound up in their own self-righteous pity party, that they are taking his jokes as 'very very serious insults', and responding in kind. LOL.

Amusing stuff!

And I am new here. I have been reading FTB on and off, and I have come to the conclusion that the place is a lot like high school. Why so much drama from supposedly mature, rational bloggers? I like a great many of them, and agree with them philosophically. But debate is a good thing, and they shun debate in favour of high school hi-jinks. It is sad.
This is truly wonderful:
http://i.imgur.com/G6HD5.jpg
Because what feminist blog isn't all about ignoring others with rules lawyering. They have a faq, finally feminism 101, that tells all about the rules, for example, "patriarchy hurts men too", and a guide book, "derailing for dummies", and 85% of any SJW thread is speech policing with rules lawyering: tone argument, tone argument!

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

somedumbguy wrote:
another lurker wrote:http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... /#comments

This is truly wonderful:
http://i.imgur.com/G6HD5.jpg
Because what feminist blog isn't all about ignoring others with rules lawyering. They have a faq, finally feminism 101, that tells all about the rules, for example, "patriarchy hurts men too", and a guide book, "derailing for dummies", and 85% of any SJW thread is speech policing with rules lawyering: tone argument, tone argument!

They are so obsessed with the rules that they do not give people a chance.

And you know what's funny? They bitch and moan about 'having to give feminism 101 lessons again and again' but uhm, don't they want to get the word out? Convert people to their cause? WELL HELLO BITCHES, YOU CAN'T CONVERT PEOPLE IF YOU DON'T TAKE THE TIME TO TALK TO THEM, INSTEAD OF JUST BITCHING ABOUT HOW THEY DID NOT CONVERT IN 5 SECONDS FLAT.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

another lurker wrote: And you know what's funny? They bitch and moan about 'having to give feminism 101 lessons again and again' but uhm, don't they want to get the word out? Convert people to their cause? WELL HELLO BITCHES, YOU CAN'T CONVERT PEOPLE IF YOU DON'T TAKE THE TIME TO TALK TO THEM, INSTEAD OF JUST BITCHING ABOUT HOW THEY DID NOT CONVERT IN 5 SECONDS FLAT.
Too bad proselytizing Christians don't take that approach. "Why the fuck should we tell you about Jesus, you demented fuckwit troll, when we've explained the concept plenty of times?? It's all explained in the Bible, so DO YOUR RESEARCH and quit JAQ-ing off, douchenozzle."

Christianity would have lasted about as long as AtheismPlus.

franc

Post by franc »

Just to sign off the old year -

http://i.imgur.com/NIWDW.png

somedumbguy

Post by somedumbguy »

another lurker wrote:
It's not the rules they are obsessed with. It's the speech/message/consensus they are obsessed with. Their rotten behaviors and the rules are only methods they need to use to keep their message from falling apart in the face of any examination.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Gumby wrote:
another lurker wrote: And you know what's funny? They bitch and moan about 'having to give feminism 101 lessons again and again' but uhm, don't they want to get the word out? Convert people to their cause? WELL HELLO BITCHES, YOU CAN'T CONVERT PEOPLE IF YOU DON'T TAKE THE TIME TO TALK TO THEM, INSTEAD OF JUST BITCHING ABOUT HOW THEY DID NOT CONVERT IN 5 SECONDS FLAT.
Too bad proselytizing Christians don't take that approach. "Why the fuck should we tell you about Jesus, you demented fuckwit troll, when we've explained the concept plenty of times?? It's all explained in the Bible, so DO YOUR RESEARCH and quit JAQ-ing off, douchenozzle."

Christianity would have lasted about as long as AtheismPlus.
It's because the most rabid FTB'ers are not here to convert. They are here to feel morally righteous. They are here to rub their superiority in everyone's faces. Hence the obsession with rules. They are constantly looking for excuses to attack others. Notice how many of them live their lives on the board?

And for the record, the above complaint can be applied to any number of forum posters across an entire spectrum of interests. I have been a visitor to all sorts of blogs and forums over the last 10 years, and I have always ended up leaving because of the control freaks on every forum. People who live their lives on the forum/blog and who LORD it over everyone else.

They don't give a shit about their 'movement'. It's about jacking up their own egos. That's all it is, in the end.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

mutleyeng wrote:having said I hate fireworks, there is this youtube clip of a nice display from the olympics that might help celebrate and bring a smile to someones face if staying in ...
a chap who was a little nearer to the display than he realized
For shits and giggles, this was my favourite part of the 2012 Olympics opening ceremony:

[youtube]cnXyS_mXFpY[/youtube]

Post by Guest »

somedumbguy wrote:
another lurker wrote:
It's not the rules they are obsessed with. It's the speech/message/consensus they are obsessed with. Their rotten behaviors and the rules are only methods they need to use to keep their message from falling apart in the face of any examination.

Agreed. A more nuanced view than mine :)

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Skep tickle wrote:
Eucliwood wrote:And, Lsuoma

It's the fault of the person who did it. Don't pull that "you're being punished because of that person" manipulative bullshit that parents and teachers like to pull. No one told you to make such a strict time limit. If you think that time limit is good enough- meaning, if you think anyone who posts too fast for it DESERVES to be stopped from posting, then you should be telling Gumby simply not to post so fast. If not, then fucking loosen it or get rid of it. I'm doing more work than others here to make sure I don't have to double post - refreshing threads in another tab (in order to see new posts I can reply to) and addressing multiple posts in one, and it's fucking ridiculous.
Nope. Lsuoma changed the setting for everyone (yesterday, I think) because you were posting so fast & basically spamming the board. I don't believe back-to-back posts from Gumby have ever been seen as problematic.
Nobody had ever treated the board to such a stream-of-consciousness load of twaddle, and nobody had ever complained about so many words being unloaded in such a short period of time.

Anyway, Eucliwoo is entirely wrong when s/h/it says it's not s/h/its fault: it is. I decided as a result of the unhappiness expressed by several posters, and also for myself (I am allowed to post here too, right?) that s/h/it had the specific fault of posting too fast, and I decided to increase the gap imposed before multiple postings from 15 seconds to 120 seconds (since reduced to 60). I decided it is a fault of Eucliwoo, and did what I did. Ergo, it's s/h/its fault.

How people choose to apportion blame is up to them. But s/h/it's behavior was the direct proximate cause.
Skep tickle wrote:
Eucliwood wrote:I'm doing more work than others here to make sure I don't have to double post - refreshing threads in another tab (in order to see new posts I can reply to) and addressing multiple posts in one, and it's fucking ridiculous.
Oh, boo hoo. You're creating that work yourself. How 'bout just pouring yourself a glass of your favorite beverage, sitting back, and reading what other people are posting without feeling any particular onus to "address posts" or "reply to new posts"?
Cry me a fucking river, Eucliwoo. :violin: :violin: :violin:

bubblesort

Post by bubblesort »

another lurker wrote:Crossposting this quote, because I see that this is the active part of the forum, and because I think it is relevant to the discussion at hand:

"The first is the collection of authoritarian behaviours that many of us refer to as Stalinism, arising again and again within our ranks like poisonous mushrooms. Most of us on the Left think we’ve learned those lessons by now, but we seem incapable of abolishing the tendency and preventing its destructive effects within our own ranks. So we divide, and we divide again, and by doing so we give in to those who favour shrieking denunciations over authentic engagement. We seem to insist on weakening ourselves. Ally after ally is pared away because of insufficient obeisance to doctrine, the latter all too often conflated with personal quirks and idiosyncrasies. Mere disagreement can get one banned, shunned and/or publicly reviled and lied about. " (from a blogger I admire)
I like that quote, but I see privilege theory arguments as inherently Marxist rather than Stalinist (although Stalinism was kind of Marxist, I guess). The privilege check police seek to divide us into classes in order to create class conflict because their framework falls apart without class conflict. I've found that most people on A+ and even other non-atheist and non-activist forums I frequent who are the loudest privilege-check police are almost always Marxist. I've noticed a surge of Marxists in online communities over the past month or so, and they aren't always advocating privilege checks, sometimes they try to argue things like value theory.

To clarify: I am not calling people Marxist the same way, say, Fox News calls Obama Marxist. I am talking about people who quote Das Kapital. It's overt.

Check out this review of a book on privilege, you'll see what I mean:
http://theredphoenixapl.org/2011/01/07/ ... d-marxism/

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

I like you guys.

I never thought I would visit here, but the bullying I witnessed has left me feeling ill.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Happy New Year, SlymePitCunts.

Eucliwood

Post by Eucliwood »

Skep tickle wrote:
Eucliwood wrote:And, Lsuoma

It's the fault of the person who did it. Don't pull that "you're being punished because of that person" manipulative bullshit that parents and teachers like to pull. No one told you to make such a strict time limit. If you think that time limit is good enough- meaning, if you think anyone who posts too fast for it DESERVES to be stopped from posting, then you should be telling Gumby simply not to post so fast. If not, then fucking loosen it or get rid of it. I'm doing more work than others here to make sure I don't have to double post - refreshing threads in another tab (in order to see new posts I can reply to) and addressing multiple posts in one, and it's fucking ridiculous.
Nope. Lsuoma changed the setting for everyone (yesterday, I think) because you were posting so fast & basically spamming the board. I don't believe back-to-back posts from Gumby have ever been seen as problematic.
I'm doing more work than others here to make sure I don't have to double post - refreshing threads in another tab (in order to see new posts I can reply to) and addressing multiple posts in one, and it's fucking ridiculous.
Oh, boo hoo. You're creating that work yourself. How 'bout just pouring yourself a glass of your favorite beverage, sitting back, and reading what other people are posting without feeling any particular onus to "address posts" or "reply to new posts"?
Um, I do that (sitting back and reading) as well... PLENTY. You didn't have to reply to my post, but you did. That's why it's called a message board, dipshit. Basically you're telling me not to post at all.
And that's my fucking point Lsuoma changed the setting for everyone... and I wasn't posting so fast and spamming the god damn board.
And even when I did do double or triple posts, my solution (simply addressing them in one post) works for me.
You have yet to rebut what I've said, really. If he thinks his time limit is reasonable, then anyone posting too fast for it is posting too fast, in his eyes. If he doesn't think it's reasonable, he should change it. Easy as that. He didn't HAVE to do anything. This is all a bunch of bandwagon bullshit. For all I know, you didn't even witness the shit yourself. I don't remember you being around for it.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Still nearly six hours to go, Pit Tyme, before the New Year kicks in. I may not be awake then to send out the best wishes, so now I want to thanks all the people that have made this place what it is. You all know who you and each other are.

See y'all on the other side!

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Ha-haaa. Skep Tickle, I see Sally Syringe has leapt into the fray armed with major herpaderps:

Yeah, “Skeptixx,” shockingly enough, women often do see connections between physical attacks that are motivated by misogyny and verbal attacks that are motivated by misogyny. Haven’t you seen those domestic violence warning signs pamphlets in the Planned Parenthood bathrooms? They all emphasize how domestic violence isn’t just hitting and punching, it’s also tearing down the victim’s self-esteem, telling her she’s worthless, etc.

Oh wait, you probably haven’t. There’s that pesky male privilege again!

Get the fuck over it. Your outrage about Ophelia’s alleged giant ego is unconvincing.
http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... ent-397741

Almost as funny as when Illuminata called me a chill-girl.

Eucliwood

Post by Eucliwood »

Tigzy wrote:Ha-haaa. Skep Tickle, I see Sally Syringe has leapt into the fray armed with major herpaderps:

Yeah, “Skeptixx,” shockingly enough, women often do see connections between physical attacks that are motivated by misogyny and verbal attacks that are motivated by misogyny. Haven’t you seen those domestic violence warning signs pamphlets in the Planned Parenthood bathrooms? They all emphasize how domestic violence isn’t just hitting and punching, it’s also tearing down the victim’s self-esteem, telling her she’s worthless, etc.

Get the fuck over it. Your outrage about Ophelia’s alleged giant ego is unconvincing.

Well yeah, many people who regularly abuse their partners, if they are men, are simply man-supremacist (see those crazy "woman is inferior" people on Maury?), but many of them also like, aren't motivated by any sort of sexist attitude or misogyny.

Pesky male privilege? rofl. I thought that was sarcasm. Okay, is this poster assuming you're a guy (sexist D:) or does she know it?

Reap

Post by Reap »

Darren wrote:
ERV wrote:Facebook
http://i.imgur.com/KTsPn.png

I thought this was a joke its not. I'm gonna paste a link to his blog under that status!

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

We're nice guys, A. Lurker. :) Even the chicks.
Reap wrote:Ok I need everyone to list your TOP 5 jerk-face, moron, fuck-wad,A+ idiots or FTB assholes for my end of the year list. No need to give reasons why and if you think that more than 1 can fit in as number 1, thats ok. I'm not sure the best way to tally it. List it here unless it gets messy I guess? Or if you cant risk posting it here then hit me up on FB (Reap Paden) Polls close at 11:59pm pst Jan 1
I'd elect Adam Lee for numbers 1-5. I am ETERNALLY grateful to whichever troll forced the fucker to private his twitter feed, because every time I saw his name come up I felt an urge to slam my face into my computer screen.

I made a list earlier of my top ten but it's altered somewhat so:

1. Adam Lee
2. Oolon
3. Zvan
4. PZ
5. Hensley

I'd add Amy in there too after finding out her part in the Tfoot fiasco. The power of shitty ceramics. But that's too many!
Za-zen wrote:A flat tax rate is sold by the rich to poor fuckwits who are too stupid to understand how things work. Think your average working guy in the states who buys and votes for the republican party.

Flat tax rates rock especially when you can afford an accountant who ensures you don't pay any fucking tax. I have one.
I think flat taxes are retarded. NZ has graduated tax:

$0 – $14,000 10.5%
$14,001 – $48,000 17.5%
$48,001 – $70,000 30%
Over $70,000 33%

I would be open to the idea that people would tax more over say 100 or 150k as well. I quite like paying tax - it's kind of like a nice bit of community service you don't really have to think about. :)

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

You know what else is funny?

They would probably hate most of my favourite podcasts.

Cognitive Dissonance
Irreligiosophy

To name a couple. Both are completely pro-woman, but occasionally they use the term 'bitch' or make a sexist joke, and such behaviour would not be tolerated by the most rabid FTB'ers.

It's kind of sad that the warped views of FTB'ers has me parsing everything I hear and read, wondering if the subject matter is something they would viciously attack for not being 'hyper-sensitive' enough.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

bubblesort wrote: [spoiler]
another lurker wrote:Crossposting this quote, because I see that this is the active part of the forum, and because I think it is relevant to the discussion at hand:

"The first is the collection of authoritarian behaviours that many of us refer to as Stalinism, arising again and again within our ranks like poisonous mushrooms. Most of us on the Left think we’ve learned those lessons by now, but we seem incapable of abolishing the tendency and preventing its destructive effects within our own ranks. So we divide, and we divide again, and by doing so we give in to those who favour shrieking denunciations over authentic engagement. We seem to insist on weakening ourselves. Ally after ally is pared away because of insufficient obeisance to doctrine, the latter all too often conflated with personal quirks and idiosyncrasies. Mere disagreement can get one banned, shunned and/or publicly reviled and lied about. " (from a blogger I admire)
I like that quote, but I see privilege theory arguments as inherently Marxist rather than Stalinist (although Stalinism was kind of Marxist, I guess). The privilege check police seek to divide us into classes in order to create class conflict because their framework falls apart without class conflict. I've found that most people on A+ and even other non-atheist and non-activist forums I frequent who are the loudest privilege-check police are almost always Marxist. I've noticed a surge of Marxists in online communities over the past month or so, and they aren't always advocating privilege checks, sometimes they try to argue things like value theory.

To clarify: I am not calling people Marxist the same way, say, Fox News calls Obama Marxist. I am talking about people who quote Das Kapital. It's overt.[/spoiler]

Check out this review of a book on privilege, you'll see what I mean:
http://theredphoenixapl.org/2011/01/07/ ... d-marxism/
Welcome aboard bubblesort. And I have to say that I love your avatar; how I learned to love the bomb – yippee ki-ay! :-)

And, to kill two birds with one stone – not wanting to spam the board – and in case I don’t get a chance later, Happy New Year Pitters – “ever onward and upward” – rah, rah ….

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

@Eucliwood

Skep Tickle doesn't have any male privilege. Nope. None at all.

Reap

Post by Reap »

Fish in a barrel...fish in a barrel....big fat fish
http://reapsowradio.com/graphics/ed.png

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

another lurker wrote: It's because the most rabid FTB'ers are not here to convert. They are here to feel morally righteous. They are here to rub their superiority in everyone's faces. Hence the obsession with rules. They are constantly looking for excuses to attack others. Notice how many of them live their lives on the board?

And for the record, the above complaint can be applied to any number of forum posters across an entire spectrum of interests. I have been a visitor to all sorts of blogs and forums over the last 10 years, and I have always ended up leaving because of the control freaks on every forum. People who live their lives on the forum/blog and who LORD it over everyone else.

They don't give a shit about their 'movement'. It's about jacking up their own egos. That's all it is, in the end.
An interesting viewpoint. Maybe it could be said that the FTBers are as you say all about acting morally righteous and superior. It could also be said that A+ was imagined to be a place where the dogma could actually be spread - that they'd be the people doing the work that the FTBers were too busy wanking to their reflections to bother with. Of course, A+ dissolved immediately into emotionally unstable shrieking, so a big failure there. There's just nothing rational to promote.

As far as your point about other places ending up like FTB, I hope that never becomes the case here. The problems in other forums, as you noted, come from people with control issues. Here, people will nag sometimes when people do things like repeatedly breach common-sense netiquette conventions, but really, it's somewhat anarchic here. Everyone lives and dies by their own words, and there are almost no rules. I was once part of a forum where the mods were absolutely iron-fisted as in A+ and FTB people were banned on a whim. It fell apart rather quickly. The people who didn't get banned, left in disgust because of these egomaniacal control freaks. The more rules, the more miserable the atmosphere of a site. Pharyngula and the rest of FtB are a testament to that.

The Pit, however, has a wonderfully relaxed feel to it, simply because there are no firm rules (other than no illegal posts or activity, basically). So long story short, hopefully this place can avoid these types of pitfalls.

franc

Post by franc »

rayshul wrote:I made a list earlier of my top ten but it's altered somewhat so:

1. Adam Lee
2. Oolon
Yes. Just the kind of attention the turd craves - his life is a hollow cave of tears and echoing sorrow without it. Fuck him. Really, he's like a piece of dogshit you step in on the street. Scrape it off and keep walking while you ponder more relevant things. One more time for Chester (you know he's reading) -

[youtube]UVNHcob3oJg[/youtube]

Rystefn

Post by Rystefn »

Steersman wrote:
Rystefn wrote:
Steersman wrote: Maybe you would like to post your photograph so she can take potshots at your looks too? ….
So it's fair for me to call her a horse-faced hag, right? Because she's a horse-faced hag.
Certainly seems fair considering that you’ve posted your own photo. Although I wonder how you’d feel if you looked like Don Knotts or Quasimodo instead of the Marlboro Man [if a somewhat studious/punkish version] ….
Hey, it's not my fault I'm so damned pretty.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Gumby wrote:
another lurker wrote: It's because the most rabid FTB'ers are not here to convert. They are here to feel morally righteous. They are here to rub their superiority in everyone's faces. Hence the obsession with rules. They are constantly looking for excuses to attack others. Notice how many of them live their lives on the board?

An interesting viewpoint. Maybe it could be said that the FTBers are as you say all about acting morally righteous and superior. It could also be said that A+ was imagined to be a place where the dogma could actually be spread - that they'd be the people doing the work that the FTBers were too busy wanking to their reflections to bother with. Of course, A+ dissolved immediately into emotionally unstable shrieking, so a big failure there. There's just nothing rational to promote.

As far as your point about other places ending up like FTB, I hope that never becomes the case here. The problems in other forums, as you noted, come from people with control issues. Here, people will nag sometimes when people do things like repeatedly breach common-sense netiquette conventions, but really, it's somewhat anarchic here. Everyone lives and dies by their own words, and there are almost no rules. I was once part of a forum where the mods were absolutely iron-fisted as in A+ and FTB people were banned on a whim. It fell apart rather quickly. The people who didn't get banned, left in disgust because of these egomaniacal control freaks. The more rules, the more miserable the atmosphere of a site. Pharyngula and the rest of FtB are a testament to that.

The Pit, however, has a wonderfully relaxed feel to it, simply because there are no firm rules (other than no illegal posts or activity, basically). So long story short, hopefully this place can avoid these types of pitfalls.
In case there is any confusion, in no way was I casting any aspersions about the Slymepit. I am a complete and utter newbie, and have spent only a few minutes reading your posts. I do not have enough information as of yet to form any bad opinions:P

The last forum that I had trouble on was a right wing forum. The home of 'principled conservatism'. YET, if anyone so much as disagreed with the dogma, they were automatically accused of being trolls and banned. The forum owners often bragged about their commitment to free speech, but if someone suggested that hey, maybe neo-nazis should be shunned for their behaviour, the forum owners would go ballistic and start threatening the ban hammer.

The right wing bullies and the FTbullies - not much difference. At all. Two sides of the same coin.

Al Stefanelli

Post by Al Stefanelli »

Found this gem in my Facecrack newsfeed:

http://wcoa.info/tffb.jpg

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

BTW, I'm just baking four dozen prosciutto and gruyère pinwheels. They'll be out of the oven in about 15 minutes. I'm in Atherton this evening, so if anyone want to pop round a grab a couple while they're still warm, feel free to do so. It's the house with the silver 2005 Honda CR-V and the red 1994 Miata parked outside.

mutleyeng

Post by mutleyeng »

Al Stefanelli wrote:Found this gem in my Facecrack newsfeed:
holy crap, that one hell ov a population explosion since I last looked

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

another lurker wrote: In case there is any confusion, in no way was I casting any aspersions about the Slymepit. I am a complete and utter newbie, and have spent only a few minutes reading your posts. I do not have enough information as of yet to form any bad opinions:P
Oh, I never thought you were casting aspersions. Your post just got me thinking about this place and its (so far, anyway) immunity from the problems you've observed at FTB and other places.
The last forum that I had trouble on was a right wing forum. The home of 'principled conservatism'. YET, if anyone so much as disagreed with the dogma, they were automatically accused of being trolls and banned. The forum owners often bragged about their commitment to free speech, but if someone suggested that hey, maybe neo-nazis should be shunned for their behaviour, the forum owners would go ballistic and start threatening the ban hammer.

The right wing bullies and the FTbullies - not much difference. At all. Two sides of the same coin.
Sure sounds like it. And it's not just sites that are centered around an ideology, like FTB and that right wing forum you mention. The forum that went to totalitarian hell that I mentioned in my previous post was a fucking social forum, for chrissakes - a place where about 200 people that had become friends elsewhere on the net had created just to have a good time in a virtual chat toom. The mods were so hell-bent on maintaining a friendly atmosphere that they ended up wrecking the place. Irony meter overload.

franc

Post by franc »

Have to follow that up with what fell into one of my feeds -

http://i.imgur.com/47SfD.jpg

Dummy or real is irrelevant. I can hear echoes of similar psychodramatics from maniacs of the past. If real, don't see the point of masking identities if the morons don't bother themselves.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

]http://wcoa.info/tffb.jpg
There's three hundred billion women in the world?

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Gumby, thank you for this conversation.

Finally, someone -normal- that I can talk to, other than my boyfriend.

The FTBullies are so warped, I feel like I have been living in an alternate universe, with noone to talk (bitch about ftb) to!

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

mutleyeng wrote:
holy crap, that one hell ov a population explosion since I last looked
30-some women for every man alive. Yet we can't muster 50% attendence at conferences? C'mon ladies, y'all are slacking.

For some reason, this makes me think of Oprah and her 9000 penises.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

franc wrote:
rayshul wrote:I made a list earlier of my top ten but it's altered somewhat so:

1. Adam Lee
2. Oolon
Yes. Just the kind of attention the turd craves - his life is a hollow cave of tears and echoing sorrow without it. Fuck him. Really, he's like a piece of dogshit you step in on the street. Scrape it off and keep walking while you ponder more relevant things. One more time for Chester (you know he's reading) -
I've never engaged with oolon beyond making this list (and my top 10 list that preceded it) - he's remained on every single one of my ban lists and filters after seeing him scumming up the original Tf00t blogs. I would say that Lee and oolon are exactly the same type of person and it's that type of self-righteous suck-up creep (your toilet slave -.-) that I find most disgusting to encounter on the interwebs. So I don't see a point in not clumping them together on my "worst humans" list. If it pleases the little cunt then jolly fucking good, I've filtered him out of every media and will never have to see him gloat about it.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Gumby wrote:

Oh, that's right. I missed that one third part. Revise that to 90-some women for every man in my other post. They should be able to shut down the atheist/skeptic "sausage fests" no problem.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

another lurker wrote:Gumby, thank you for this conversation.

The FTBullies are so warped, I feel like I have been living in an alternate universe, with noone to talk (bitch about ftb) to!
You're quite welcome.

This is a great place for a conversation. To be honest, I come here for the lulz mostly, although I did find this place due to getting totally pissed off at FTB and Skepchick. I post some serious stuff once in a while, but I usually just post fluff and larf at the antics of Peezus and Co. It's all good. You'll enjoy it here. You should register.

http://i.imgur.com/Wm4lg.jpg

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

Happy New Year Pitters
Where's my hat? I feel naked.

mutleyeng

Post by mutleyeng »

Gumby wrote:

reminds me of that line in the Battle of Britain, with Hermann Goering looking up at the skies full of bombers headed for poor lil ol blighty ..."If ve looze now, ve dererve to have our arses kicked out of europe" ...or something like that

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

I will register right now!

I have more bitching to do too!

pandora

Post by pandora »

100 BILLION women alive on this planet right now who have been raped or beaten eh? Impressive.

I'm so sick of these stupid bitches telling me I should be afraid of my own fucking shadow. They demean real, actual rape by turning the slightest glance their way by any man into RAPE!!!11eleventy!!!. Obviously no-one read them "The Boy Who Cried Wolf" when they were children.

Al Stefanelli

Post by Al Stefanelli »

franc wrote:

Have to follow that up with what fell into one of my feeds -

Dummy or real is irrelevant. I can hear echoes of similar psychodramatics from maniacs of the past. If real, don't see the point of masking identities if the morons don't bother themselves.
I wrote a letter of amicus curiae for a dude who kinda went through the same shit. His girlfriend cheated on him, so he fucked her friend or something. She went to his house and smashed in his big screen TV and threw his laptop in the dishwasher. He called the cops on her, to which she claimed all the damage was done while she was trying to 'escape' from him, and that he eventually caught her and brutally raped her.

Long story short, he's out of jail, she's in jail and his shit got replaced. Wasn't a pretty fight, though.

Al Stefanelli

Post by Al Stefanelli »

pandora wrote:100 BILLION women alive on this planet right now who have been raped or beaten eh? Impressive.

I'm so sick of these stupid bitches telling me I should be afraid of my own fucking shadow. They demean real, actual rape by turning the slightest glance their way by any man into RAPE!!!11eleventy!!!. Obviously no-one read them "The Boy Who Cried Wolf" when they were children.
Hi, Pandora! Welcome to the Pit :)

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Ape+lust wrote: Oh, that's right. I missed that one third part. Revise that to 90-some women for every man in my other post. They should be able to shut down the atheist/skeptic "sausage fests" no problem.
Yeah no shit. We men must be very powerful, to run a successful Patriarchy against those odds.

All right folks, I'm outta here. Happy New Year. May 2013 be covered in Slyme.

franc

Post by franc »

another lurker wrote:Gumby, thank you for this conversation.

You're not allowed to like us. We're monsters.

Eucliwood

Post by Eucliwood »

That is such fucking bullshit... all of the additional requirements for rape there as well as "full on" rape are done by women as well. Women manipulate, trick, or lie to men in order to get sex as well. As for the fucking people while they're lying there drugged up, women do that as well. They also do forced rape, with the help of other things (like I said, drugs)- rope, blunt objects, etc. This guy needs to quit pretending women are innocent of such things.

1/3 of women in the world have been raped? I guess they don't need citations but they'll squawk "citation!" when we mention something they know good and well happened and don't expect them to deny.

And stop being so sexist as well. Seriously, a man is not allowed to tell a woman he's not a rapist because it will give her a false sense of security? No one is allowed to tell a woman not all men are rapists it will give her a false sense of security? Upsetting, sexist, extremist bullshit. I wish I never read such crap.

mutleyeng

Post by mutleyeng »

Ape+lust wrote:
Revise that to 90-some women for every man in my other post. They should be able to shut down the atheist/skeptic "sausage fests" no problem.
someone should tell the Muslims they better off where they are

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Tigzy wrote:Ha-haaa. Skep Tickle, I see Sally Syringe has leapt into the fray armed with major herpaderps:

Reminds me of getting a kiss-off letter from a grad school addressing me as "Mr. [Mylastname]", after I had not only applied & had letters of reference sent to them but had gone out to visit/interview in person. (A science department at MIT in the 1980's - they probably weren't all that used to women applicants.)

And since I apparently don't know when to stop:
http://i.imgur.com/v5Jss.png

(Hi Ophelia!)

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Al Stefanelli wrote:
franc wrote:
Al Stefanelli wrote:

I wrote a letter of amicus curiae for a dude who kinda went through the same shit. His girlfriend cheated on him, so he fucked her friend or something. She went to his house and smashed in his big screen TV and threw his laptop in the dishwasher. He called the cops on her, to which she claimed all the damage was done while she was trying to 'escape' from him, and that he eventually caught her and brutally raped her.

Long story short, he's out of jail, she's in jail and his shit got replaced. Wasn't a pretty fight, though.

Al Stefanelli, your friend's misfortune reminds me of this Dave la Chappelle skit:

Altair

Post by Altair »

Every time I read that I wonder if these people are truly that paranoid or they are faking it to control others or something like that. If they really think that, it really is a scary world they live in.

Also, he/she (although there's something with the blurred picture's color distribution that makes me think the poster is a woman) is telling this Gary person to tell women not to trust any man. That presents a bit of a logistics problem.

If Gary, a man, tells a woman not to trust any man, should she trust him and believe it? :think:

franc

Post by franc »

Al Stefanelli wrote:I wrote a letter of amicus curiae for a dude who kinda went through the same shit. His girlfriend cheated on him, so he fucked her friend or something. She went to his house and smashed in his big screen TV and threw his laptop in the dishwasher. He called the cops on her, to which she claimed all the damage was done while she was trying to 'escape' from him, and that he eventually caught her and brutally raped her.

War stories. Knew a guy that kicked one of these things out of his apartment and changed locks. Didn't matter. She broke in while he was out, then attacked him with a pair of scissors when he got home, only managing to slash the palm of his hand. Of course the neighbours called the cops. They separated them, had a good laugh at the 'lover's quarrel", told him not to bother with charges as they had prior records on him back at the station if he wanted to make a fuss, and gave the precious petal a ride home.

Now, reverse the genders.

Al Stefanelli

Post by Al Stefanelli »

another lurker wrote:
Al Stefanelli wrote:
franc wrote:
Al Stefanelli wrote:

Al Stefanelli, your friend's misfortune reminds me of this Dave la Chappelle skit:

Ha ha ha, I've seen that. Fucking hilarious! Been a while, thanks for the laughs

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Al Stefanelli, I accidentaly pasted the wrong link, and there seems to be no edit button.

Try this one:

http://www.myvidster.com/video/4145206/ ... Video_Clip_

If it does not work, it's probably blocked because Viacom is a douchebag company:((

Sorry!

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

I think Sally just impaled herself on an irony rod.

jjbinx007

Post by jjbinx007 »

I nominate Richard Carrier as one of the worst people in 2012. His infamous "with-us-or-against-us" followed by a shit load of invective for anyone who didn't pledge 100% loyalty for the thing he just thought of 5 minutes ago really set the whole tone for Atheism+ and the whole baboonosphere.

Secondly, I propose from now on we fight fire with fire. Ophelia Benson, Rebecca Watson, Burly Amish and co do not have the right to speak on, for or on behalf of men or men's issues.

mutleyeng

Post by mutleyeng »

I dont know about the worse person, but JT was easily the one who most made me want to slap him around the face with a dead fish....for his "what about love?" bollocks at skepticon 5 - that was just offensive

Al Stefanelli

Post by Al Stefanelli »

Altair wrote:

Every time I read that I wonder if these people are truly that paranoid or they are faking it to control others or something like that. If they really think that, it really is a scary world they live in.

Also, he/she (although there's something with the blurred picture's color distribution that makes me think the poster is a woman) is telling this Gary person to tell women not to trust any man. That presents a bit of a logistics problem.

If Gary, a man, tells a woman not to trust any man, should she trust him and believe it? :think:
Yeah, the poster is a woman. I didn't include her pic or name because I am not sure if her page is private or public. Gary, however, ripped her a new asshole, and but good, too:

http://www.wcoa.info/tffb2.jpg

Plonk

Post by Plonk »

Darren

Post by Darren »

franc wrote:Have to follow that up with what fell into one of my feeds -

Whoa... you're not chanelling Matt Dillahunty there, are you franc?