Periodic Table of Swearing

Old subthreads
rayshul

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Post by rayshul »

Following on from Renee's comments on The Amazing Atheist...

http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1366

Looks like TJ may be the next witch of the week. Althohugh Lovely couldn't help but get this little jibe at Dawkins in:
His "dear muslima" letter broke my heart. He never owed me anything. He was never a savior or a hero. He's just a man. But, he is a man who I admired. A man who did some good, and tried to educate a lot of people. And reading that note made me realize that while he was a human who I admired, I would never even be fully human in his eyes. And that sucks.
Not fully human. What extra human right was at stake there? What exactly was being deprived? I mentioned before that someone I knew of (a friend of a friend IRL) burned a copy of Dawkins book during elevatorgate. And bragged about it online. I don't know what is with these people.

Anyway there's heaps of hate on TAA in there. I quite like his thoughts on equality - I think he's an equity feminist, as far as I can tell, or an "equalist" or seems to follow those sorts of principles.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Ugh vomit you know I think I'm cured of A+ forum lurking after that little trip. I knew I shouldn't do it but I did and I've only myself to blame. And yes, totally deserved. I accept that.

BURNED HIS BOOK.

I'm never going to get over that.

Reap

Post by Reap »

rayshul wrote:Following on from Renee's comments on The Amazing Atheist...

http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1366

Looks like TJ may be the next witch of the week. Althohugh Lovely couldn't help but get this little jibe at Dawkins in:
His "dear muslima" letter broke my heart. He never owed me anything. He was never a savior or a hero. He's just a man. But, he is a man who I admired. A man who did some good, and tried to educate a lot of people. And reading that note made me realize that while he was a human who I admired, I would never even be fully human in his eyes. And that sucks.
Not fully human. What extra human right was at stake there? What exactly was being deprived? I mentioned before that someone I knew of (a friend of a friend IRL) burned a copy of Dawkins book during elevatorgate. And bragged about it online. I don't know what is with these people.

Anyway there's heaps of hate on TAA in there. I quite like his thoughts on equality - I think he's an equity feminist, as far as I can tell, or an "equalist" or seems to follow those sorts of principles.
I like this comment
Oh, lord, sorry this is the first time I've heard of him and I do not like what I read. I don't think I could listen to him and not just because of his views on women. The nice thing about atheism though is that since it is just a lack of belief in deities I don't even have to disassociate myself from him. Yuck.
deep sigh

Goatboy

Re: Memory Holes

Post by Goatboy »

mordacious1 wrote:I just posted the following over at B & W, maybe it will stay, maybe it won't:
See, this is the problem, Ophelia, when you delete comments, including your own, at will. There is no record. Now this incident happened a while back and I didn't screen cap it (why would I? it's between Author and you). I do remember Author's first name (why, I don't know...probably because it's the same as my brother's), but I do not remember his last name.

You complain about the slymepit, but no comments (except for maybe one) has ever been deleted. It's all there for everyone to check. My fellow slymepit denizens know the game better than I and immediately screen cap comments that they know will go down the memory hole. I'm a rookie at that stuff, now I've learned my lesson.

Being called a liar by FfTB people puts me in the same category as Russell Blackford (good company IMO). Maybe you will deny that happened too.

We shouldn't have this problem again, since I no longer read your blog (except someone directed me to this post).

Good day.
Add me to the list of people with the same weirdly specific memory defect.

I definitely recall Ophelia remonstrating with the author for daring to mock PZ and using a male first name beginning with the letter D to do so.

Isn’t that strange?

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Goatboy wrote:
mordacious1 wrote:I just posted the following over at B & W, maybe it will stay, maybe it won't:
See, this is the problem, Ophelia, when you delete comments, including your own, at will. There is no record. Now this incident happened a while back and I didn't screen cap it (why would I? it's between Author and you). I do remember Author's first name (why, I don't know...probably because it's the same as my brother's), but I do not remember his last name.

You complain about the slymepit, but no comments (except for maybe one) has ever been deleted. It's all there for everyone to check. My fellow slymepit denizens know the game better than I and immediately screen cap comments that they know will go down the memory hole. I'm a rookie at that stuff, now I've learned my lesson.

Being called a liar by FfTB people puts me in the same category as Russell Blackford (good company IMO). Maybe you will deny that happened too.

We shouldn't have this problem again, since I no longer read your blog (except someone directed me to this post).

Good day.
Add me to the list of people with the same weirdly specific memory defect.

I definitely recall Ophelia remonstrating with the author for daring to mock PZ and using a male first name beginning with the letter D to do so.

Isn’t that strange?
Fortunately for her nobody managed to screenca...

http://i.imgur.com/J5ABI.jpg

Oh dear... ?

Actually it's not memory holed. Both myself and mordacious were mistaken there - we remembered the same incident - as has goatboy - we just couldn't find the actual thread. It's still there - at least it was tonight.
(And just in case, I have the whole thread saved on my computer now.)

Goatboy

Post by Goatboy »

Dick Strawkins wrote:I have just seen that Author himself has turned up to say that Ophelia didn't out him.
I take that to mean the name Ophelia used was not his real name.
Sorry Ophelia, accusation withdrawn.
Or, you know, Author's learnt his lesson and won't step out of line again.

rayshul wrote: ...

Well they do have a point. Thinking that people should be able to deal with unwanted social interaction like grown adults is clearly dehumanising to those people who can’t or won’t. While contrasting their suffering to the mutilation inflicted on women in some parts of the Islamic world can only be understood as a deliberate strategy of the patriarchy to trivialise their feelings by imposing some fucking sense of perspective about the minor shit they’re whinging about.

Goatboy

Post by Goatboy »

[quote="Dick Strawkins...

Fortunately for her nobody managed to screenca...

http://i.imgur.com/J5ABI.jpg

Oh dear... ?

Actually it's not memory holed. Both myself and mordacious were mistaken there - we remembered the same incident - as has goatboy - we just couldn't find the actual thread. It's still there - at least it was tonight.
(And just in case, I have the whole thread saved on my computer now.)[/quote]

Ooh, you are awful ... but I like you!

acathode

Post by acathode »

rayshul wrote:Looks like TJ may be the next witch of the week.
Hasn't he been the witch of forever with the FTB and A+ people? Or at least since he was he was mean to some rape victim somewhere, complained about the whole hypocrisy surrounding PC-sexism, ragged on stupid feminists , and said bad stuff about R.Watson? The impression I got at least is that the FC and their merry band of half-wit commentators has used him as one of the prime example of "atheist misogynist a-hole" that are for ages?

Not that strange, considering his whole youtube-niche seem to be doing laud, straightforward rantings using crude and shocking language/arguments. Add the fact that he have a large YT channel (ie. more pageviews if the dramaball gets rolling), that he seem to have rather normal sound ideas on feminism, equality, politics, etc, and that he doesn't seem to like FTB and Watson very much, and he becomes the perfect FTB-hate magnet.
(I could be wrong about TJ though, I've only watched 4 or so of his videos, since I wanted to see this "misogynist" for myself instead of just taking the FTBers word for it)

That thread you linked though, wow... Reading the A+ forums is a real trip down the rabbit hole.
First comes this gem:
murollavan wrote:My question to the A+ community was if the atheist movement was to be inclusive and support feminism's cause, I fail to see how this is welcome. Perhaps I'm wrong. Perhaps a female could answer best, if you are female is it possible to listen to him and appreciate whatever he has to say knowing his views on women?
Yes, do ask the female overlords so that they can tell you what you should think... do not use your own brain, this could lead to freethinking! This is not followed by an answer though, but the even more bizarre:
tekanji wrote:Could we maybe not call women "females"? Outside of a scientific setting, using "female" as a noun to refer to women is sexist and dehumanizing.
Female = sexism? What?! Ok, english is my 2nd language, but... wtf?!
btw, wasn't this the guy who flounced the whole forum due to Dillahunty-gate? Shouldn't s/he get banned for not sticking to the flounce?

Later on, they start discussing sticking Mel Gibson and TJ in therapy for their racism/sexism:
Imagination Theory wrote:But therapy isn't just for people with mental illnesses. There could be a rehab for racists or something. That wouldn't take the blame off of them, but maybe they'd change there.
I'm the only one who start thinking of "re-education" camps?
(might just be me, haven't been able to sleep whole night again)

Pinker

Post by Pinker »

It looks like the "oh D ..." comment is in reply to the commenter in that thread who said "Oh and anyone who would use the term “Twatson” if you cured cancer tomorrow, I would rather die than accept the cure from you."

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

KarlVonMox wrote:I took a break from all this drama for a while, but its always entertaining to come back and see the latest ridiculous antics of PZ and co.

Namely, it comes to me with very little surprise whatsoever that PZ is now advocating for limits on free speech. It comes with the territory - his entire ideology behind this crazy neo-femism and A+Theism has been to censor language, to ban ideas or concepts deemed offensive, to choose what words you hear and what you read and think. And of course who decides what is offensive and what is tolerable? None other than PZ himself and his self appointed band of corrupt "Atheism+" leaders.

I wonder if anyone has pointed out to him yet what Hitch had to say about this, because it goes fundamentally against so much that he stood for on various speeches and debates. You cannot place limits on free speech, ever, because once you do you are creating a weapon to be used against you, lest your speech is suddenly found to be "offensive" and worth censoring.

I used to like PZ and some others of FTB, but they are beyond ridiculous these days. They cant and wont speak for all atheists and secularists, and I think its our job to make sure that is clear.
First PZ banned the spammers, and I didn’t protest.
Then he banned the obvious trolls, and I didn’t protest.
Then he banned the creationists, and I didn’t protest.
Then he banned all theists, and I didn’t protest.
Then he banned the MRAs, and I didn’t protest.
Then he banned all dissenters, and suddenly there was no-one left to protest.

This was tongue in cheek, but I can imagine a not too distant future where the only commenters left on PZ’s blog will be pod people like Brownian and Nerd of Redhead. It will be like a tank full of starving piranhas.

Brownian: Nerd, go fuck yourself and die.

Nerd of Redhead: Citation needed. You are boring everyone to death with your inane drivel.

Brownian: No, you go fuck yourself. Use something sharp.

Nerd of Redhead: Citation needed. You are hyperskeptical, which is not surprising since you are a moron. Check your privilege before posting here.

Brownian: Just fuck the fuck off for once, you fuck. Fuck. Off.

etc.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Pinker wrote:It looks like the "oh D ..." comment is in reply to the commenter in that thread who said "Oh and anyone who would use the term “Twatson” if you cured cancer tomorrow, I would rather die than accept the cure from you."
If you follow the thread forward you'll see that she is definitely referring to Author.
Another commenter (Ben) in the same thread even complains that she is revealing dangerous information.
Ophelia's answer is that she thinks that Author has already revealed that information himself somewhere.
I was surprised by this and I guess a few others on the thread were also surprised.
If Author has used that name in public it hasn't been widely publicized.
Isn't it better to keep quiet about it, just in case.
What exactly is served by using his name in that place? - particularly in a post where you are complaining about his cartoon.

In the Surly Amy and Justing Vacula situation the argument then was that revealing information that is possible to get from other sources is equivalent to doxxing - IF that information could be used for nefarious purposes by enemies of the person revealed.

OK, Author has said that the name Ophelia used isn't his real name.
That's enough for me.

Pinker

Post by Pinker »

If you follow the thread forward you'll see that she is definitely referring to Author.
Yes, you're right. Sorry.

AnonymousCowherd

Post by AnonymousCowherd »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Boal smells like troll from 2 miles away. We should give Becca a rest on that one. At least until evidence is provided.

Za-Zen: a Yarmulke (or Kippah)?

Al: HA! I've got anxiety crises, you privileged you!
Kippah. And just try keeping one of those on while sky-diving. Or even just while getting the hair dryer from the sky-pilots.

In certain circles, even using a bobby-pin is showing off - "What, shvitzer, you have hair to put that thing in?"

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

I've read that thread where Ophelia "outs" Author. To be really fair, if that's Author's real name, I don't think it would help locate him. It would be like outing a Frenchman by calling him Jean.

I see no faults by Ophelia on that one.

Author, if you're still lurking: love your work, very good stuff. I just wish you wouldn't go the FC5/6/7 way and delete comments without warning, especially comments that contain no crude words or insults whatsoever.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

AnonymousCowherd wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Boal smells like troll from 2 miles away. We should give Becca a rest on that one. At least until evidence is provided.

Kippah. And just try keeping one of those on while sky-diving. Or even just while getting the hair dryer from the sky-pilots.

In certain circles, even using a bobby-pin is showing off - "What, shvitzer, you have hair to put that thing in?"
Correct. My jewish girlfriend pointed out to me that Yarmulke is a Yiddish form. I usualy call it a Kippah.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:I've read that thread where Ophelia "outs" Author. To be really fair, if that's Author's real name, I don't think it would help locate him. It would be like outing a Frenchman by calling him Jean.
Have I missed something? Which thread are we talking about? I appear to have missed a link to where Benson supposedly did this.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Keating wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:I've read that thread where Ophelia "outs" Author. To be really fair, if that's Author's real name, I don't think it would help locate him. It would be like outing a Frenchman by calling him Jean.
Have I missed something? Which thread are we talking about? I appear to have missed a link to where Benson supposedly did this.
I didn't link as I wanted to stay in the spirit of blacking out the name (fucking common name as it is). I could PM you if you were registered, though.

AnonymousCowherd

Scented Nectar wrote:

When I was a kid, I asked the rabbi if I had to follow the parts of the torah that said "man shall" or "man shall not" etc, due to being female. He told me that whenever it says man, that includes women too. So, on a dare from a friend, I showed up at a service wearing a yarmulke. He wasn't very happy. He stopped the service and told me to leave. I started to say "but you said..." but by then I was cracking up laughing so I just left and me and my friend just continued laughing out in the hall.
We got a pamphlet from the rabbi trying to categorise the various kinds of Jews as he saw them. Some, he said, are only in it for the food - they are only "culinary Jews". He went on at length, but I said; that's me, right there. This is religion I can believe in! But if the gefilte fish stops, I'm out of here.

Then I stopped eating meat. And that, friends, is why I became an atheist.

Can I be in the book now PZ?

I'm sure he had higher things in mind. The rabbi, I mean.

oolon, slimy turd

Post by oolon, slimy turd »

welch wrote: Nah, it's specifically Oolon being a slowly desiccating shitball. He's trying to be on everyone's side, and simultaneously hold himself out as the soul of objectivity and reasoned discourse.

It's all bullshit of course, and he's really bad at it. (Pro tip for the ooly one: when everyone can see what you're posting in multiple places, with the game you're playing, you have to think about what you write more, possibly even keep notes. We get you think everyone but you is a blithering idiot, but, it is VERY IMPORTANT NOT TO BE STUPIDER THAN YOU THINK THE PEOPLE YOU'RE TRYING TO BULLSHIT ARE. Really. You're failing that one big time.)
How about proving that one John? Where have I expressed support or anti-feminist ideals here while simultaneously 'kissing up to' whoever you think I brown-nose on FtBs and expressing diametrically opposed viewpoints?

franc

Post by franc »

Jan Steen wrote:Nerd of Redhead: Citation needed. You are boring everyone to death with your inane drivel.
http://i.imgur.com/gGKCA.jpg

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Y U NO SKEPTIC‏@Y_U_NO_SKEPTIC

#atheismplus Y U NO SEE THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN "VICTIM BLAMING" AND "VICTIM ADVISING"?
That's probably the best thing I've seen all day.

AnonymousCowherd

ReneeHendricks wrote:
franc wrote:
Reap wrote:
He looks like a fuckin muppet....
He looks like a fuckin cunt.
Every time I see this now I think of Fozzie Bear. That's so mean to Fozzie.
Yes, but can he pull a rabbi out of his hat?

(Sorry, should have put Fozzie joke trigger warning).

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

Reap wrote:
Michael K Gray wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:*LOVE* this :D
Perhaps you guys can help me?
Following is a candidate list of topics.
Anything that I have omitted, that you think may belong on the list, feel free to suggest.
(When it is up in Phawrongula, you'll be able to edit it to 'til your hearts content!)
And when replying, do the minimal courtesy of removing the list in your reply. No-one deserves to have this appear more than once!
cyberstalking, concern troll

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

For MKG's list:

Cupcake
Happy Army
Upskirt camera/photos

Keating

Post by Keating »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:I could PM you if you were registered, though.
That's okay, I suddenly remembered where that background colour came from, and then it was easy enough to track down. Thanks.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

justinvacula wrote:
Reap wrote:
Michael K Gray wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:*LOVE* this :D
Perhaps you guys can help me?
Following is a candidate list of topics.
Anything that I have omitted, that you think may belong on the list, feel free to suggest.
(When it is up in Phawrongula, you'll be able to edit it to 'til your hearts content!)
And when replying, do the minimal courtesy of removing the list in your reply. No-one deserves to have this appear more than once!
cyberstalking, concern troll
Hoggling ( you know, using someone's opening up about their sexual life to insult and ridicule them)

Maybe it hasn't been used on the A+ forums, though.

AnonymousCowherd

Re: P.Z. Meyers: Genocide Supporter

Scented Nectar wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:
I saw Buffy St Marie singingBury my heart at Wounded Knee at the Byron Bluesfest last year. Man that woman can rock. Meanwhile that other septuagenarian, Bob Dylan, sucked!
I grew up on Buffy's music. My mother had a ton of her albums. Her vibrato drives some people nuts, but I really like it a lot.
I had a job once looking after people in the "green room" before concerts at our university, one of whom was Buffy St Marie. She was thoroughly pleasant to the pair of star-struck 18 year olds running errands and did a great concert which ended, of course, with "Universal Soldier". Which we all promptly learned by rote. She was lovely, and I still have the autographed picture somewhere.

Despite that, I still can''t bring myself to listen to her voice because of that damn vibrato, or to Joan Baez for the same reason. Some great songs, but...

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

AnonymousCowherd wrote: I still can''t bring myself to listen to her voice because of that damn vibrator
Just switch it off. It's probably causing interference with your stereo.
:D

zou3gou3

Post by zou3gou3 »

For Michael K. Gray's list.
Those pseudo pronouns:
ze, xe, zir, xir, hir

Post by Guest »

For those looking for Ophelia's apparent use of Author's name, you'll find it in her article 'Fun with names', which is on her old blog at butterfliesandwheels.org. A fitting title, as it turns out. Of course, since Ophelia and Author both deny that she ever revealed his identity, we can only assume that the name she gives refers to somebody else. After all, she is certainly not a lying liar who tells lying lies. Perhaps she's a League of Gentlemen fan and was referencing the catchphrase often used by the popular character Papa Lazarou.

AnonymousCowherd

Dick Strawkins wrote:
AnonymousCowherd wrote: I still can''t bring myself to listen to her voice because of that damn vibrator
Just switch it off. It's probably causing interference with your stereo.
:D
So now the 'Pit is down on mono-philes? <Rage tears!>

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

AnonymousCowherd wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:

When I was a kid, I asked the rabbi if I had to follow the parts of the torah that said "man shall" or "man shall not" etc, due to being female. He told me that whenever it says man, that includes women too. So, on a dare from a friend, I showed up at a service wearing a yarmulke. He wasn't very happy. He stopped the service and told me to leave. I started to say "but you said..." but by then I was cracking up laughing so I just left and me and my friend just continued laughing out in the hall.
We got a pamphlet from the rabbi trying to categorise the various kinds of Jews as he saw them. Some, he said, are only in it for the food - they are only "culinary Jews". He went on at length, but I said; that's me, right there. This is religion I can believe in! But if the gefilte fish stops, I'm out of here.

Then I stopped eating meat. And that, friends, is why I became an atheist.

Can I be in the book now PZ?

I'm sure he had higher things in mind. The rabbi, I mean.
The food and sometimes the music are the only good things about that religion. The rabbi I tormented above was only a reformed one. I went easier on him than my previous orthodox one.

Despite my always being a bad kid in both his Windsor synogogue and its hebrew school, I'm kind of sad to see in Wiki that he died earlier this year, and only a few months after his more well known father died.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathan_V._Plaut

The early to mid 70s must have been a long time ago, I'm now realizing. By his wiki picture, I would have thought he looked familiar, but I wouldn't have been able to place him as one of the rabbis I tormented with questions they didn't want to hear, like does 'man shall' in the torah mean females don't have to do it? Haha. He got off easy. The previous orthodox one had to deal with my asking at 6 years old who Adam and Eve's children married and had children with, since Adam, Eve, and their sons were the only people in the world. He kept giving non-answers and answers that conflicted with no other humans yet, so I kept asking, even explaining to him that their sons would need wives, but they have to be not from their own family, in case he didn't know that. Hahah, good times! :lol:

Git

Post by Git »

Pinker wrote:
Just a note to say I approve of your feline avatar.

Git

Post by Git »

zou3gou3 wrote:For Michael K. Gray's list.
Those pseudo pronouns:
ze, xe, zir, xir, hir
In which I welcome you and your magnificent feline beast in your avatar. Please tell me more about this wonderful felid.

Post by Guest »

I notice that in her 'Liars' denunciation Ophelia is happy to use the term 'bastards' to describe her critics here. I'd be interested to hear her justify her use of this slur, which is offensive to all whose parents were not properly married by the Church. I'm horrified at her total disregard for the splash damage done by this sort of group insult, and her perpetuation of a horrible prejudice. I'm especially appalled to hear this from an atheist and a progressive, who should know better and who _does_ know better, as we see from her right-on policing of other people's insults.

Let's leave the stigma of bastardry in the Middle Ages where it belongs, shall we?

SkepticalCat

Post by SkepticalCat »

Git wrote:
Pinker wrote:
Just a note to say I approve of your feline avatar.
I, also. Welcome, zou3gou3! :animals-cat:

Struth

Post by Struth »

How did https://twitter.com/SamanthaBoal get the Becky herpes photo? Is it an inside job, to get her sympathy? I wouldn't put it past her, or her foul mouthed acolytes.

AnonymousCowherd

Scented Nectar wrote: The food and sometimes the music are the only good things about that religion. The rabbi I tormented above was only a reformed one. I went easier on him than my previous orthodox one.

Despite my always being a bad kid in both his Windsor synogogue and its hebrew school, I'm kind of sad to see in Wiki that he died earlier this year, and only a few months after his more well known father died.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathan_V._Plaut

The early to mid 70s must have been a long time ago, I'm now realizing. By his wiki picture, I would have thought he looked familiar, but I wouldn't have been able to place him as one of the rabbis I tormented with questions they didn't want to hear, like does 'man shall' in the torah mean females don't have to do it? Haha. He got off easy. The previous orthodox one had to deal with my asking at 6 years old who Adam and Eve's children married and had children with, since Adam, Eve, and their sons were the only people in the world. He kept giving non-answers and answers that conflicted with no other humans yet, so I kept asking, even explaining to him that their sons would need wives, but they have to be not from their own family, in case he didn't know that. Hahah, good times! :lol:
Don't forget about about A & E's twenty or more daughters ('cause they lived like, eight or nine hundred years - not that a year in those days was as good as a year these days). Incest didn't become a crime until well after they invented murder. There's also the suggestion that anybody hanging 'round in the Land of Nod was not actually a "person" - though it sounds like Caine had a bit of experimentation to find that out.

See? There's a million ways to while away a life gibbering about this nonsense.

For all that, yes, I confess to sorrow whenever a decent person dies, whatever their beliefs, and I hope that decent folk will do the same for me over a bottle or two of better than average whisk(e)y.

The 70's do seem a long way back - perhaps (like me) "it is Margaret you mourn for"?

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Struth wrote:How did https://twitter.com/SamanthaBoal get the Becky herpes photo? Is it an inside job, to get her sympathy? I wouldn't put it past her, or her foul mouthed acolytes.
It's probably a flicker account photo. There are hundreds of pics of various skepchick events there.
I doubt that this samanthaboals character is anything other than a pathetic troll.

AnonymousCowherd

Sorry Scented, that came over as rather more of a buzzkill than I intended. Just blame it on "thoughts of a dry brain in a dry season".

Back to the lulz!

welch

Post by welch »

oolon, slimy turd wrote:
welch wrote: Nah, it's specifically Oolon being a slowly desiccating shitball. He's trying to be on everyone's side, and simultaneously hold himself out as the soul of objectivity and reasoned discourse.

It's all bullshit of course, and he's really bad at it. (Pro tip for the ooly one: when everyone can see what you're posting in multiple places, with the game you're playing, you have to think about what you write more, possibly even keep notes. We get you think everyone but you is a blithering idiot, but, it is VERY IMPORTANT NOT TO BE STUPIDER THAN YOU THINK THE PEOPLE YOU'RE TRYING TO BULLSHIT ARE. Really. You're failing that one big time.)
How about proving that one John? Where have I expressed support or anti-feminist ideals here while simultaneously 'kissing up to' whoever you think I brown-nose on FtBs and expressing diametrically opposed viewpoints?
Oh aren't you just the cutest thing.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

AnonymousCowherd wrote:Don't forget about about A & E's twenty or more daughters ('cause they lived like, eight or nine hundred years - not that a year in those days was as good as a year these days). Incest didn't become a crime until well after they invented murder. There's also the suggestion that anybody hanging 'round in the Land of Nod was not actually a "person" - though it sounds like Caine had a bit of experimentation to find that out.

See? There's a million ways to while away a life gibbering about this nonsense.

For all that, yes, I confess to sorrow whenever a decent person dies, whatever their beliefs, and I hope that decent folk will do the same for me over a bottle or two of better than average whisk(e)y.

The 70's do seem a long way back - perhaps (like me) "it is Margaret you mourn for"?
That's probably the stuff he tried to explain to me. I remember the argument being a long one. I hated hebrew school, since that was where they taught me lies. I went to 3 different ones. An orthodox one around 5 and 6 years old (the Adam and Eve questions), a hebrew day school (had excellent 'normal' school subjects taught in the morning, and hebrew language/torah bullshit all afternoon), and then the reformed place where I wore a kippa into a holiday service.

Any idea who this pissed off 7 year old is in this picture? Hint: it's at a grade 2 hebrew day school class, many many years ago. She looks like a very unhappy camper who's questions the lying religious people won't answer. If Ophelia is looking for lying liars, I can give her all my rabbis and hebrew school teachers.

http://www.scentednectar.com/slimepit/0 ... icture.png

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Hmm, maybe that was grade 3. I dunno.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Oolon do you need reminding of your participation in the pyt, posting pally pally comments, and generally squidging comfortably onto the slyme.

Za-zen wrote:
Oolon hasn't taken the official entrance exam, evidenced by his refusal to admit to wheter he likes fishsticks. By oolon's reasoning he is therefore not a pitter.
Oolon wrote:
Sure I like fishsticks, who doesn't. They taste rreaalll good in your mouth, all salty and warm. Hmmm I can imagine a big one in there right now!

AnonymousCowherd

Scented Nectar wrote:Hmm, maybe that was grade 3. I dunno.
O sweet!.

Clearly your school was underprivilged and couldn't afford three notes at once for a whole chord. It also looks like one of the intent fans is about to hit Leonard Kohen there over the head with that crappy guitar.

I'm eternally grateful our house was entirely secular. When I was about 8, my mother took me past several "places of worship" (she wasn't too fussy what they were) and said ;
"You can go to one of them if you want"
"What do they do?"
"They give talks about not being bad"
"How long do you have to go there?"
"Every week. At least."
"No thanks then."
"OK. Just don't say I never told you about religion."

After that, the subject just never came up again. Culture? Schmulture.

oolon, slimy turd

Post by oolon, slimy turd »

Za-zen wrote:Oolon do you need reminding of your participation in the pyt, posting pally pally comments, and generally squidging comfortably onto the slyme.

Za-zen wrote:
Oolon hasn't taken the official entrance exam, evidenced by his refusal to admit to wheter he likes fishsticks. By oolon's reasoning he is therefore not a pitter.
Oolon wrote:
Sure I like fishsticks, who doesn't. They taste rreaalll good in your mouth, all salty and warm. Hmmm I can imagine a big one in there right now!
Hehe is that the secret handshake? Liking South Park? .... I saw your odd fish sticks posts and thought I could either ignore / pretend to not know what the reference was and lead you on / acquiesce and make a joke out of it... I usually make a joke if given the option.

Is that a homophobic joke? Nope.. Try harder. To be a Pitter you must be at one with the misogyny, obsession and hate of all things FtBs :evil: !! Interesting question actually what makes a Pitter a Pitter? Its not just posting here even in PZs mind -- he knew I posted here ages ago...

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Ahhh grasshopper, are you really asserting that the pyt is mysoginist? If so please provide evidence . To be a pytter is not synonymous with hating all things ftb. It is to hate hypocracy, dogma, quashing of dissent, bad arguments, and radical ideologues attempting to hijack movements to serve their own political ends.

Being disgusted at ftb is just a natural consequence.

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

That word again...the one that so few FftBers and A+ers know the true meaning. You know the one. Figures it drips from the mouths of certain people.

real horrorshow

Post by real horrorshow »

Pinker wrote:
real horrorshow wrote:I wonder, is Jen going to get around to pronouncing her love child as officially aborted? Or is she going to continue being ever-so-busy-with-anything-else and hope no one notices?
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/ ... 427274.jpg
Yeah, activism. Three mouse-clicks of activism. Yeah.

cunt

Post by cunt »

I suppose Greta isn't all bad.

disumbrationist

Post by disumbrationist »

From the link:
It's just that whenever I hear a phrase like "that's something women only do to please men," my Dworkinite Early Warning System goes off like a fire alarm.
It's good that she has such an alarm; I fear, though, that it is in need of a routine calibration.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Hey Oolon! Greta called gay men "faggots". Go get her Oolon!

cunt

Post by cunt »

Oh look it's the gay cowboy from Backfat Mountain.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

real horrorshow wrote:
Pinker wrote:
real horrorshow wrote:I wonder, is Jen going to get around to pronouncing her love child as officially aborted? Or is she going to continue being ever-so-busy-with-anything-else and hope no one notices?
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/ ... 427274.jpg
Yeah, activism. Three mouse-clicks of activism. Yeah.
Loving the part where some brainiac realises you can "vote up the entry EVERYDAY". Are these people really going to bother clicking on an Urban Dictionary entry every single day? /rhetorical question.

real horrorshow

Badger3k wrote:If your safeword is "Laden", you know you're up the creek with a paddle shoved up your backside.
I've mentioned this before (a good while back though), but Laden is, very conspicuously, not a Dom but a sub, and one in desperate need of a good Domme. His public cringing before totally unsuitable females suggests to me that he would be a much happier person if he had a BDSM-experienced dominant woman in his life. A good spanking session, followed by permission to wank, at regular intervals and we'd hear little or nothing from him.

real horrorshow

Rystefn wrote:QFT.

If you ain't got scars and broken bones, then you haven't even scratched the surface of BDSM. Don't get me wrong, I'm usually the first one to give people shit for trying to play the who's a bigger masochist game (and all the variations on the theme), but fuck a duck, there's a line below which you don't fucking count, and you shouldn't open your mouth and try to count yourself as part of the group. It's like those people who go bungee jumping once ever trying to call themselves adrenaline junkies. That shit is annoying as fuck.
From what I've learned and experienced about BDSM - and I'm a dabbler rather than an expert - there are shades to suit almost everyone. The couple who spice up routine missionary with a little light spanking from time to time, are doing what they need to do as much as those who take matters to the farthest extremes. Though I'd agree that if you're trying to write fiction that will be a turn-on for BDSM-ers worrying about 'triggers' is a hopeless way to begin.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

AnonymousCowherd wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:Hmm, maybe that was grade 3. I dunno.
O sweet!.

Clearly your school was underprivilged and couldn't afford three notes at once for a whole chord. It also looks like one of the intent fans is about to hit Leonard Kohen there over the head with that crappy guitar.
I was probably pissed off at something they taught me, despite dutifully looking at the guitar like we were supposed to. I got along with that guy until we were a bit older.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

real horrorshow wrote:
Badger3k wrote:If your safeword is "Laden", you know you're up the creek with a paddle shoved up your backside.
I've mentioned this before (a good while back though), but Laden is, very conspicuously, not a Dom but a sub, and one in desperate need of a good Domme. His public cringing before totally unsuitable females suggests to me that he would be a much happier person if he had a BDSM-experienced dominant woman in his life. A good spanking session, followed by permission to wank, at regular intervals and we'd hear little or nothing from him.
Maybe we should take up a collection for him, or start one of those Kickstarter things. On just his good looks and lovely personality alone, he's never gonna find one for a relationship, and living in a trailer park, he probably can't afford a pro.