pz.PNG
(44.39 KiB) Downloaded 242 times

Tony Parsehole

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Manley wrote:Hi, everyone.
Some new stuff from PZ .
http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... ification/

PZ, if you read this (and I have a strong suspicion that you will as it's pretty obvious you lurk) then shut the fuck up.

decius

Post by decius »

As usual, Peezus's clarifications are anything but - a mixture of insults, selective reading, sanctimony and outright falsehoods.

Scented's evidence is compelling, but he doesn't address any of it. I'm willing to believe that Peezus doesn't personally fiddle with the code, but the trickery is plain to see. In which case, most likely Brayton does. He would of course be better off if he rigged the system starting with the blogger who generates more genuine page views. Peezus should at the very least have asked about the anomaly in order to clear the air from the legitimate suspicions and treated Scented's work as a resource, not a nuisance.

Furthermore, Peezus was confident to generate more income by going solo and had stated as much before or during transitioning. Not that the ship is sinking, he has tuned his post-hocs accordingly.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Some new stuff from PZ .
Considering that PZ's hits are far higher than probably everyone else on FTB combined, the effect of him rigging an extra cash flow would not simply be that it is divided amongst the others - it would, in fact, disproportionately end up in his own pocket, the greedy lying fuck.
We can see the effect of this asset stripping of his co-bloggers in the recent departure of JT Everhard, Dan Fincke and Chris Hallqvist, all for monetary reasons (not much cream left when PZ's done with his skimming.)

Manley

Post by Manley »

Oloon commenting on PZ thread
oloon.PNG
Oloon comment
(11.78 KiB) Downloaded 270 times
I think oloon is missing the fact that this video of SN is 2 month old...

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Manley wrote:Oloon commenting on PZ thread
oloon.PNG
That's just standard oolon practice, trying to squirm his way back up PZ's sphincter, greasing the way with lies.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

oloon.PNG
Or, more likely, he couldn't care less and is doing what he does best: Stirring shit and suck PZ's cock. Proof positive that males CAN multitask.

real horrorshow

Post by real horrorshow »

Jonathan wrote:The "reaction" thread over there is quite amusing. One poster is leaving the forum forever because of the special treatment Dillahunty was given by not being banned immediately for sock-puppeting. The word "privilege" was thrown around with reckless abandon. Plus "doubling down", a phrase that I now really dislike.
I hate "doubling down" too. It seems to mean "failure to immediately grovel and suck the collective arse in penance".
Lsuoma wrote: Farmer Giles of Ham... is HILARIOUS!
I'd forgotten that one. Yes, it is good.
sacha wrote: Gollum is Phil Plait - so that one is already taken. Original ERV Slime Pit.
I already said that! I swear , it's like I'm the token chick at the meeting here!

PeeZed:
Ed Brayton handles all the accounting and ad placement
Oh Ed. The guy who forgot to cancel Tf00t's access to the back channel after you crapped all over him? The back channel where you debated stealing his share of the money? Well that's a safe pair of hands!

oolon**

Post by oolon** »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
oloon.PNG
Or, more likely, he couldn't care less and is doing what he does best: Stirring shit and suck PZ's cock. Proof positive that males CAN multitask.
Ahh it was recycled bullshit, I thought there might have been some new output from here to counter the JV resignation points lost.

Very funny to see the OffensivAtheist get a porcupine'y reception here. I'd seen him get all upset about FtBs on the JV resignation post myself - seems like he will fit in here perfectly. Interesting how you lot react when you think you have one little troll here. Me amazingly, even though I've started giving troll warnings to any inflammatory suggestions and have never posted without my name on it (Well once by accident but I clarified instantly)

Then you use the Pharyngulites thorny reception of newbies as proof positive of their iniquity. Ignoring the fact that they get hundreds of trolls which they have to deal with. The Slimepit sure is a hypocrisy free zone...

Angry_Drunk

Post by Angry_Drunk »

Hey, what's up with Oolon's account. I want to set the vacuous little twit to "ignore" and the system ain't letting me.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

I love it when Oolon lumps the Pit together as a hive mind with phrases like "you lot" and then moandslike a bitch when we do the same thing about the baboons. Fuck off Oolon you homophobic little wank.

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

Angry_Drunk wrote:Hey, what's up with Oolon's account. I want to set the vacuous little twit to "ignore" and the system ain't letting me.
He knows that while no one would ban him here, a lot would but him on 'ignore', defeating the purpose of him derping here. So he 'forgot' his login info and wont reset the password/get a new account. :roll:

Also, for the millionth time-- I keep seeing people here talking about 'beer' and 'coffee' and 'tea'. We have NONE of those things in the Slime Pit. NONE.

We do have:
1. Mountain Dew
2. Crab juice

THATS IT.

Stop confusing the newbs.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

CommanderTuvok wrote:Lousy Shit confirms Surly Amy DID doc drop ElevatorGate's real name - which was then used to set up a parody Twitter account including his real name. Not only doc-dropping, but cyberstalking.
LousyConfirmsAmyDocDrop.jpg
Gotcha!

:dance:
WTF is with the "hir" reference? Are they too scared to use real terms anymore?

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Badger3k wrote:
CommanderTuvok wrote:Lousy Shit confirms Surly Amy DID doc drop ElevatorGate's real name - which was then used to set up a parody Twitter account including his real name. Not only doc-dropping, but cyberstalking.
LousyConfirmsAmyDocDrop.jpg
Gotcha!

:dance:
WTF is with the "hir" reference? Are they too scared to use real terms anymore?
They could have at least made it much less confusing. At the moment it looks like a typo of "her".

oolon**

Post by oolon** »

Dick Strawkins wrote: Oolon has admitted on various FTB sites that what he does here is simply trolling. He is not engaging with us. He is trying to wind us up, taking the piss and attempting to stir up fights.

I wouldn't mind if he was simply pointing out hypocrisy or double standards on our part. That's what we do with the FTB crowd and so we should be prepared to take it as well as give it.
Oolon, however, doesn't do that. On the FTB boards he lies through his teeth about what we do and say here and when he comes here, posing 'innocent' questions, he either ignores out of hand any reasonable responses, or deliberately posts nasty shit, like his homophobic reference to Josh, just to muddy the waters and make it seem like such behavior is the norm here - when the sole person partaking in this action is himself.
He is a nasty, homophobic liar.
But, of course, his lies help the FTB cause so they won't ban him.

The description of him as FTBs Sal Cordova are spot on.
Cheers Dick, its always good to laugh. You know the lack of moderation and editting of posts on here (Unlike the evil FtBs, of course) makes it pretty easy for me to link to the original post where I put "..that faggot Josh..." in quotes. Then where I apologised for wrongly attributing it to the slymepit. The desperation that it will catch on is hilarious... Let's say it did. Do you think I'm quaking in my boots that those horrible slimepitters will make up some oolon is a homophobe meme! Ha! I have no credibility but that is still a lot more than the years of negative cred you have built up over the years. Please carry on. Add the "... that nigger Crommunist.." quote as from me as well, I appreciate your trolling :clap:

Apart from your amusing attempts to troll me, I don't appreciate lies ->
Dick Strawkins wrote:Oolon has admitted on various FTB sites that what he does here is simply trolling. He is not engaging with us. He is trying to wind us up, taking the piss and attempting to stir up fights.
I came over here to see what was so bad about a den of people obsessed with FtBs/skepchick. I was quite amazed at the negative credibility they give you since the slimepitters I argued with on Thunderf00ts blog seemed a fairly harmless bunch of tin foil hatters mixed in with some insane MRAs.

I was surprised at the level of pleasant discourse here... As mentioned above it just took longer to degenerate here - same as Pharyngula disagree enough and you are decided a troll then that is that. They are quicker to make that leap... I did wonder why, but it is clear you are so unused to perceived 'trolls' (defn: People disagreeing with you) that you are not as sensitive as them. Maybe I should have worked it out from the Steersman is as bad as a FtB-baboon discussion. My bad.

**ERV** If you want to reset my account and email me a password at oolon @ btinternet. com you are welcome. Might be good for the sanity of some of your regulars if I can use my official account as they seem to have developed some paranoia with me posting semi-anonymously... Oh you too!

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

Also- Ladens SB is full of golden turds like that. From both Greg and Steffie and them together.

Thats one of the ways I knew it was Greg (though I hadnt thought about Stefunny) who was bitching to NatGeo. Myers knows that 95% of his posts would be taken down if NatGeo ever decides to censor, and SB Pharyngula is a mindless cash machine for PZ. If PZ had done it, he would be literally paying for it with a substantial amount of cash, and he doesnt care THAT much ($$$$$>A†).

Laden is the only one stupid enough to *try* to get NatGeo to censor, even though it would have also effected him.

The fact that Myers/Ladens/etc offensive posts and comment threads have stayed up is, of course, evidence that NatGeo is not overly interested in censorship, but again, Greg is too stupid to understand this, so he thinks that the threads being taken down via NatGeo :roll:

I genuinely dont think Laden understands how his actions would have negatively impacted *him*. He is one stupid fuck.

halophilic

Post by halophilic »

ERV wrote:
Angry_Drunk wrote:Hey, what's up with Oolon's account. I want to set the vacuous little twit to "ignore" and the system ain't letting me.
He knows that while no one would ban him here, a lot would but him on 'ignore', defeating the purpose of him derping here. So he 'forgot' his login info and wont reset the password/get a new account. :roll:

Also, for the millionth time-- I keep seeing people here talking about 'beer' and 'coffee' and 'tea'. We have NONE of those things in the Slime Pit. NONE.

We do have:
1. Mountain Dew
2. Crab juice

THATS IT.

Stop confusing the newbs.
BLEEAGH! I'll take the crab juice.

LMU

Post by LMU »

I'm not convinced that they actually do get hundreds of trolls. I don't think they can tell well intended newbie or person with reasonable criticism apart from a legitimate troll. I think it is very reasonable to believe that Matt's sock would have been banned as a troll, like Skep Tickle and others, if he hadn't revealed and been banned for being a sock first.

This behavior dates back at least to EG where people with questions were dismissed as misogynistic MRAs while simultaneously having rape jokes told about them. I know the questions were reasonable because I granted FtB was probably right but I wanted those clarifications too. The people saying hateful things weren't banned, they were supported by PZ banning the dissenters who were all labeled as various kinds of troll.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Oolon truly IS the gift that keeps on giving. He makes the case that cunt and twat are misogynistic terms because some women, somewhere believe it is, and we as a forum are misogynistic for using those words/allowing their use, despite being informed about the mystical secret that some words can have multiple meanings.
He then expects us all to give him the benefit of the doubt over his "mistake" of saying we are fine with the word "faggot" in reference to JoshTheSpokesArse.

Not happening. Stop being a sneaky shit stirrer for two minutes and you might gain a level of trust but until then you are a dishonest bellend.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Tony Parsehole wrote:Oolon truly IS the gift that keeps on giving. He makes the case that cunt and twat are misogynistic terms because some women, somewhere believe it is, and we as a forum are misogynistic for using those words/allowing their use, despite being informed about the mystical secret that some words can have multiple meanings.
He then expects us all to give him the benefit of the doubt over his "mistake" of saying we are fine with the word "faggot" in reference to JoshTheSpokesArse.

Not happening. Stop being a sneaky shit stirrer for two minutes and you might gain a level of trust but until then you are a dishonest bellend.
He's been caught lying too many times.

Oolon, don't worry, you can still post here.
Just don't expect anyone to believe a word you say.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Some new stuff from PZ .
WTF?! He can explain HOW it happened all he wants. I just showed that it WAS happening. If he points at Ed instead, fine. Hey, at least they know now about the ability to put ads on comment feeds. That should increase that "pool" he mentions, for everyone! Yay! :)

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Scented Nectar wrote:
Some new stuff from PZ .
WTF?! He can explain HOW it happened all he wants. I just showed that it WAS happening. If he points at Ed instead, fine. Hey, at least they know now about the ability to put ads on comment feeds. That should increase that "pool" he mentions, for everyone! Yay! :)
Good catch with that video.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

decius wrote:As usual, Peezus's clarifications are anything but - a mixture of insults, selective reading, sanctimony and outright falsehoods.

Scented's evidence is compelling, but he doesn't address any of it. I'm willing to believe that Peezus doesn't personally fiddle with the code, but the trickery is plain to see. In which case, most likely Brayton does. He would of course be better off if he rigged the system starting with the blogger who generates more genuine page views. Peezus should at the very least have asked about the anomaly in order to clear the air from the legitimate suspicions and treated Scented's work as a resource, not a nuisance.

Furthermore, Peezus was confident to generate more income by going solo and had stated as much before or during transitioning. Not that the ship is sinking, he has tuned his post-hocs accordingly.
PZ absolutely HATES to consider it when an "enemy" makes a point. Here is the video in question, the one he says he's refusing to link to. Note that there is an annotation overtop of it (unless you've changed yt setting to not show them), which explains to all of the FTBloggers there how they can do it too.

[youtube]zUsKJafefdw[/youtube]
The comment section referred to in the annotation

LMU

Post by LMU »

Regarding genderless pronouns I prefer "they" over made up words. If "they" usually being plural bothers you, then I find it helps to think of people as hives of intelligent ants piloting humanoid robots. Helps rationalize why people seem sane one day and crazy the next too!

JAB

Post by JAB »

Some new stuff from PZ .
Gee, I didn't know PZ had left SB.

I think one of the main attractions of FfTBs for PZ has been the power he has over his co-"bloggers" and the backchannel. There he gets to pull the strings of all his de facto socks to look like there's a movement that isn't just a movement of sycophants.

real horrorshow

LMU wrote:I find it helps to think of people as hives of intelligent ants piloting humanoid robots
You're weird! I like it.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Those zany fun loving freethought folks at the TSB are at it again, and once more reflecting the new Kanukistan obsession with bathrooms have jumped on the bandwagon.

‘Zhe’ & ‘Hir’: Toronto School Board guidelines on gender identity allow for non-masculine/feminine pronouns
http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/10/04 ... -pronouns/
On the issue of washrooms, the guidelines note that all students have the right to use a bathroom that “best corresponds to the student’s gender identity, regardless of the student’s sex assigned at birth.” Requiring a student to “prove” their gender through a doctor’s letter or identity documents is unacceptable, the board says.

Further, “students who wish to use pronouns other than the masculine or the feminine (such as ‘zhe’ and ‘hir’) need to be accommodated equally,” the guidelines note.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

LMU wrote:Regarding genderless pronouns I prefer "they" over made up words. If "they" usually being plural bothers you, then I find it helps to think of people as hives of intelligent ants piloting humanoid robots. Helps rationalize why people seem sane one day and crazy the next too!
Quite agree; much prefer “they” and “them” than ridiculous neologisms like “xe” and the like. Apparently neologisms have to be around for a generation or two before they lose than moniker .... time to put a stake or two through the hearts of those particular ones ....

But "they" is sort of like the royal We – everyone gets to be king of all of the mindless robots running about in the hives that are individual persons .... :-)

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Tony Parsehole wrote:Oolon truly IS the gift that keeps on giving. He makes the case that cunt and twat are misogynistic terms because some women, somewhere believe it is, and we as a forum are misogynistic for using those words/allowing their use, despite being informed about the mystical secret that some words can have multiple meanings.

Why don’t you tell Oolon what to do with a dead porcupine and then your passage to the “Dark Side” will be complete? I thought “we” were supposed to be above vituperative language and running people off without a fair shake and an honest discussion? ....

As far as your “cunt and twat being misogynistic terms” I think, as I discussed in some detail upthread, that it depends on the ear – and biases – of the listener. But if there are cases where those terms aren’t misogynistic, regardless of whether there are cases where they are, then I think one can make the same case for “nigger” and “faggot”.

For instance I think that when some women or some blacks or some homosexuals attempt to claim far more swag for those attributes than is justified – wrapping themselves in the flag of convenience or not, when they are being particularly obnoxious about those, then I think that the corresponding epithets would be entirely justified and I at least would not be averse to using them. And without expecting that any other holders of said attributes are likely to be offended – unless they see themselves as being equally obnoxious ....

real horrorshow

LMU wrote:Regarding genderless pronouns I prefer "they" over made up words.
Or:
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8454/8057 ... c3c103.jpg

Brain Box

Post by Brain Box »

Allowing transgender students access to bathrooms is perfectly acceptable and the correct moral position, however butchering the English language to accommodate a fringe political movement is ridiculous.
AndrewV69 wrote:Those zany fun loving freethought folks at the TSB are at it again, and once more reflecting the new Kanukistan obsession with bathrooms have jumped on the bandwagon.

‘Zhe’ & ‘Hir’: Toronto School Board guidelines on gender identity allow for non-masculine/feminine pronouns
http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/10/04 ... -pronouns/
On the issue of washrooms, the guidelines note that all students have the right to use a bathroom that “best corresponds to the student’s gender identity, regardless of the student’s sex assigned at birth.” Requiring a student to “prove” their gender through a doctor’s letter or identity documents is unacceptable, the board says.

Further, “students who wish to use pronouns other than the masculine or the feminine (such as ‘zhe’ and ‘hir’) need to be accommodated equally,” the guidelines note.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Wow, some nasty shit by PZ here.
He knows very well that the start of the incident about the nasty bullying of Steff McGraw and yet he thinks it's fine to lie his face off, that the whole thing is Abbie being jealous that the "lesser assault" on Watson was taken seriously.
The starting point was Watson’s elevator incident. Abbie was furious about it — as I recall she was upset that apparently she was once assaulted and the police were pissants about believing her (I can understand how she was angry about that), and somehow that has been translated into outrage when lesser assaults against a woman are actually believed.

I’m not going to dig back into the archives. It was ugly. But really, if she can’t get justice for an insult, she’s going to make sure no one else’s grievances are taken seriously.
Lesser asault?
WTF

Some idiot asked Watson for coffee.
She said no.

How the fuck is this an assault?

I notice he's also lied about leaving scienceblogs.

What a scumbag.

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

I think its cute Myers is feigning knowledge about how much he makes from blogging. Loftus knows how much Myers made at FfTB. I know how much Myers made from SB (though not anymore-- he hides his stats and our group stats arent available anymore).

And, yes, he is absolutely leeching off NatGeo and the SciBlogs network. His "10% of what he used to get" is from Google hits. There are not hundreds of thousands of people checking out kick ass science posts like this:
http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2012 ... alloweeny/

Stealing is stealing, Myers. And whatever you are now getting paid by the SciBlogs network is bullshit, and you know it.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Steersman wrote: Why don’t you tell Oolon what to do with a dead porcupine and then your passage to the “Dark Side” will be complete? I thought “we” were supposed to be above vituperative language and running people off without a fair shake and an honest discussion? ....
I think we have given oolon a very fair shake. He has admitted on pharyngula that he's taking the piss here. His malicious lies have been pointed out on numerous occasions.
I don't agree with going all pharyngula on anyone but oolon doesnt deserve special treatment that protects his dishonest actions.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

@ Steersman.
If Oolon didn't have a history of running off to FTB and misrepresenting what actually is being said here, outright lying, and being utterly inconsistent then I'd give him the benefit of the doubt. As it stands I don't trust him as far as I could fling him and as a consequence I believe his "error" was done in bad faith.

As far as dead porcupines go and where to put them...meh. Anybody who thinks that's funny and/or insulting needs to get out more.

Incidentally Oolon. What is your position on the revelation that SurlyAmy did dox Elevatorgate and gave his their name out even though it wasn't public information (unlike her address/business details)?

Post by Guest »

Steersman wrote:Why don’t you tell Oolon what to do with a dead porcupine and then your passage to the “Dark Side” will be complete? I thought “we” were supposed to be above vituperative language and running people off without a fair shake and an honest discussion? ....
Firstly, there is mounting evidence that Oolon is being rather disingenuous. After a while people no longer have an obligation to assume good faith on his* part when engaging with him.

Secondly, asking him to refrain from this behaviour is in no way comparable with the "porcupine"-style language which can easily - by the standards set at FTB, for example - be interpreted as an encouragement to self-harm.

*maybe that should be hir

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Brain Box wrote:Allowing transgender students access to bathrooms is perfectly acceptable and the correct moral position, however butchering the English language to accommodate a fringe political movement is ridiculous.
Reasonable people do not need "policys" or "guidelines".

I know I would come out of the closet, and as a lesbian trapped in a male body, demand my "rights" be respected to be freed from the opression of having to use the showers in front of a bunch of men.

Pay no attenttion to the hard on while I am showering with the females, just do not drop the soap. OK?

real horrorshow

AndrewV69 wrote:

Great. While I'm aware of noxious radfems wanting to bar male->female trans folk from the 'wimmins' room, and I dislike it. This scheme, in a school, will a gift to bullies. "Yeah I can follow you in here if I want, it's the law."

And the pronouns! There must be a dozen different schemes for 'gender neutral' pronouns floating about and nothing to stop kids making up their own. Teachers are going to have to memorise all of them?

LMU

Post by LMU »

real horrorshow wrote:
LMU wrote:Regarding genderless pronouns I prefer "they" over made up words.
Or:
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8454/8057 ... c3c103.jpg
Exactly! :lol:

Rystefn

Post by Rystefn »

[quote="AndrewV69"Reasonable people do not need "policys" or "guidelines".[/quote]

True, but how many reasonable people work in the school system? I'm sure they must exist, but I've never met one.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Rystefn wrote:[quote="AndrewV69"Reasonable people do not need "policys" or "guidelines".
True, but how many reasonable people work in the school system? I'm sure they must exist, but I've never met one.[/quote]

Welcome aboard mate.

I hope you've finally recovered from that horrible Skepchick "pussy" attack! :D

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Rystefn wrote:[quote="AndrewV69"Reasonable people do not need "policys" or "guidelines".
True, but how many reasonable people work in the school system? I'm sure they must exist, but I've never met one.[/quote]

RYSTEFN!!!

Hello me mate! Long time no see!

Anyway, I go with "they" when in doubt about someone's gender. Grammaticaly correct, and somewhat elegant...

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Well, that was a weird quote bug Dick and I just got.

Brain Box

Post by Brain Box »

That is a pretty puritanical view to take :pray: What exactly do you propose for transgender students?
AndrewV69 wrote:
Brain Box wrote:Allowing transgender students access to bathrooms is perfectly acceptable and the correct moral position, however butchering the English language to accommodate a fringe political movement is ridiculous.

I know I would come out of the closet, and as a lesbian trapped in a male body, demand my "rights" be respected to be freed from the opression of having to use the showers in front of a bunch of men.

Pay no attenttion to the hard on while I am showering with the females, just do not drop the soap. OK?

Rystefn

Post by Rystefn »

It's not a bug, it came from a typo in my post and got carried through when you guys quoted me.

As for pronouns, I say the same thing I say to all the people I know who want to use something other than he/her/they: when you can all get it together and agree on something, I'll consider using what you come up with. Right now, there are almost as many alternate pronouns as there are people who want to use them, and using a different pronoun for each individual defeats the whole fucking purpose of pronouns in the first fucking place.

That said, I have a strong belief that you should never call someone something they don't want to be called except as a direct and deliberate insult, so everyone who comes up wanting those special pronouns instead gets called and referred to by their names instead. Interestingly, that's the about the only way you can get me to call you by your name regularly.

Thanks for the warm welcome, by the way. I've been off doing other stuff for a while, but it's been highly recommended I make a presence of myself again, so here I am. I'll get a blog and such set up sooner or later, and I even got conned into setting up a FaceBook account... I'm still a little weirded out by it.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Brain Box wrote:That is a pretty puritanical view to take :pray: What exactly do you propose for transgender students?
AndrewV69 wrote:

A third bathroom?

/joke

Brain Box

Post by Brain Box »

:lol: That is actually what has been done in Thailand for "ladyboys" at some school, as the phenomenon has become fairly widespread.
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Brain Box wrote:That is a pretty puritanical view to take :pray: What exactly do you propose for transgender students?
AndrewV69 wrote:

A third bathroom?

/joke

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Dick Strawkins wrote:
Steersman wrote: Why don’t you tell Oolon what to do with a dead porcupine and then your passage to the “Dark Side” will be complete? I thought “we” were supposed to be above vituperative language and running people off without a fair shake and an honest discussion? ....
I think we have given oolon a very fair shake. He has admitted on pharyngula that he's taking the piss here. His malicious lies have been pointed out on numerous occasions.
I don't agree with going all pharyngula on anyone but oolon doesnt deserve special treatment that protects his dishonest actions.
I'll certainly agree that he doesn't deserve any special treatment. And admittedly this of his on PZ’s recent post isn’t all that even handed, not to mention being highly questionable, and gives some evidence of playing both sides against the middle:
Wonder if this is some sort of backlash from Vaculas ‘bullying’ from the SCA… The Rebecca ‘doc dropping’ seemed a rather poor quality rumour as well, easily dispelled. Maybe output will increase from the grumpity lumpas of the slimefactory but quality inevitably will drop.
And I wasn’t particularly happy with his failure to note, as John Welch indicated on Justin Vacula’s blog about resigning, that Justin did in fact apologize for the “surly amy thing”. And which I corrected there but which Oolon has apparently yet to see or acknowledge. Something, in passing, that I think is very problematic: people make all sorts of ridiculous claims and then never correct or acknowledge their errors – Justin and Dillahunty being notable exceptions – which other people then continue to use: the problem of rumours and forestalling the consequences.

But I’m not yet prepared to throw Oolon to the wolves particularly as he among very few on FfTB apparently isn’t prepared to demonize and anathematize everyone and every position espoused here – people have been known to change, particularly when shown the errors of their ways .... so to speak ....

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

He's posting anonymously, I'm afraid. He says that his yahoo account is fucked up or something, and he can't use it so he posts anonymously.

I'm not sure if you can make all anonymous posters foes (i.e. ignored) or not. The best way to ignore him is just to do that - most people don't think he's anything other than a waste of space, AFAICT, but people need to make their own decisions as to whether to ignore or not: I ignore, but that's a personal choice.

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Well, that was a weird quote bug Dick and I just got.
Well you obviously didnt get your annual flu shot.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Lsuoma wrote:
He's posting anonymously, I'm afraid. He says that his yahoo account is fucked up or something, and he can't use it so he posts anonymously.

I'm not sure if you can make all anonymous posters foes (i.e. ignored) or not. The best way to ignore him is just to do that - most people don't think he's anything other than a waste of space, AFAICT, but people need to make their own decisions as to whether to ignore or not: I ignore, but that's a personal choice.
The Hitchhicker's Guide to the Ignore:

1- Look at the name of the poster

2-Scroll down bellow their post to the next comment

3-Profit!

I do not ignore Oolon, as he has interesting things to say from time to time. I'd be willing to engage him more if he showed a bit more honesty, though.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Lsuoma wrote: He's posting anonymously, I'm afraid. He says that his yahoo account is fucked up or something, and he can't use it so he posts anonymously.
FWIW, I don't believe that's the case. I think he's figured out that posting anonymously means that he can escape being ignore so easily, and is being an arse about it because he can. Doesn't stop him being a douchenozzle, though.

Or a disingenuous slimy nutsack carrying water for PeeNus...

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

ERV wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Well, that was a weird quote bug Dick and I just got.
Well you obviously didnt get your annual flu shot.
That's true, I didn't. I never get the flu, or a cold. As I've stated before, I have Wolverine's imune system...

BTW, It has always bugged (hahaha) me that people still believe in the tale that staying out in the cold will get you a cold.

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

HAHAHAHAHA.

I doubt he will read it, and I doubt if he didn't know who it was coming from he would know that it is satire, but I sent the following email to Jason Toiletbowl:
Congrats on your war against that dangerous succubus, Justin Vacula.

You and your associates have successfully proven yourselves to be effective, and righteous social justice warriors and cultural vigilantes. The Right people, like us, need more Right people like you.

Soon you might advance to a more effective cultural correction activism and join legendary heroes like the Hitler youth and Mussolini's Blackshirts.

Bravo!

Keep up the good work Jason. You are a hero of the fight against hypocrisy, social terrorism, and the war against women and our desperately dangerous rape-infested culture.
Lovely fellow that he is.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Oolon the retard, said over at Queazy Peazy's place, comment 44:
Not having an unhealthy obsession with what each ‘side’ said and when is apparently a mortal sin in slime-world. Nectar must be gutted it took 2 months for PZ to notice it, they usually have a sub-second response to any perceived FtB infringement.
Oolon, you silly person, just because one person corrected you (or whoever) and mentioned it's 2 month's old rather than some kind of backlash against the recent bullying of Vacula, as was suggested over there.

Also, gutted? Have you made the mistake of thinking people outside the femtheist horde actually idolize the good ass prof? Maybe you meant busting a gut laughing?
http://www.scentednectar.com/sneerfacto ... ugh-05.gif http://www.scentednectar.com/sneerfacto ... ugh-06.gif http://www.scentednectar.com/sneerfacto ... ugh-04.gif

Angry_Drunk

Post by Angry_Drunk »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote: I do not ignore Oolon, as he has interesting things to say from time to time. I'd be willing to engage him more if he showed a bit more honesty, though.
Your definition of interesting is obviously vastly different from mine. Oolon is playing a game that was perfected long before http was a gleam in Sir Tim Berners-Lee's eye:

1. Spout some inoffensive drivel to so people don't dismiss you out-of-hand as a raving loon.
2. Question every and all claims of your opponent - demanding exacting proof of each assertion.
3. Dismiss any proffered proof as inadequate or not relevant.
4. Refuse to acknowledge any questions about your own position or dismiss them with the classic "I can't be bothered to educate you" line.
5. Immediately jump on the slightest inconsistency in your opponents position as rank hypocrisy and use that to dismiss their arguments.
6. Rinse, lather repeat ad naseum

Been there, done that, really have no desire to engage with annoying shits like that any more.

LMU

Post by LMU »

I actually do respond to oolon a little. He said that it is a fact that they get hundreds of trolls and I disagreed. We can't know how many trolls they get for certain but if their banned list is ~30 then that suggests dozens at most. What the Matt business shows is that someone who is indisputably not a troll will still be seen as a troll by them so how many of the dozens banned were also not trolls?

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Johnny has a very reasonable message for Amy, just in case some of her friends lurk here and can pass it on:

[youtube]COgTtlhSZg[/youtube]

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Embedding seems to not show on my CPU. Here's the direct link, just in case:

welch

Post by welch »

Steersman wrote:
welch wrote:Here, for the language police fuckwits like Oolon and the rest of his pwecious circle-jerk:

http://dissentionisnothate.wordpress.co ... ge-police/

That is what real misogyny and sexism looks like. all polite and civil, probably driving a nice car, in a good suit, takes you to all the nice places.

Too bad you were born cloven instead of crested.
Good article with some horsepower behind it.

But, to quibble as otherwise Paula Kirby will disown me as a fellow grammar-Nazi, I think you mean “dissension” ....
FUUUUUUUCK. Well, I fixed the title at least. The URL will stay misspelt. If nothing else, it's a honeypot. "your arguments are invalid because you misspelled dissension"

"your arguments are invalid because you're a stupid tit"