Periodic Table of Swearing

Old subthreads
rayshul

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Post by rayshul »

According to the Giggly Atheist on twitter...
Oh dear, a plusser on reclaim #atheismplus tag thread on forum suggests tracking phone num/addresses of dissenters now?
Link here: http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=745

Not sure how correct it is because I'm not spending any time on those forums etc if I can help it, so I just got the link and got out... I'm a "persona non grata" in their world and I don't think it's fair to intrude in their personal space. But others I'm sure can have a look and check it out...

Geoffrey Falk

Post by Geoffrey Falk »

CFI (DC) going further down the tubes:
While doing the twittering today, I stumbled upon an incredibly well written blogpost by Sara Mayhew that did a great job of detailing why a person might be turned off by the nasty rhetoric of certain atheist feminists, but also really hit the nail on the head when it comes to my own views about feminist equality in the skeptic community.

She writes:
The message of Dr. Hall’s shirt resonates with me because it addresses the most important thing to me about feminism and equality; that you can’t make assumptions about my thoughts, feelings, and experiences based on my gender. I don’t consider myself part of a subset of skeptics because I’m a woman. What I want is to be viewed as a human individual. My experiences aren’t going to be the same as yours just because we share the same gender.
... Surly Amy herself tweets:
I'd make 1for @saramayhew 2 but she would then have to buy matching shoes&take instagrams and Id hate 2 waste her whole night. @CaraColeen
Buy matching shoes? Waste her whole night? If that's not stereotyping and denigrating to women, then I don't know how Surly Amy can be pissed off about a fucking shirt that expresses a person's desire to be known for their mind and not their vag.

Chiming in shortly after is CFI-DC director Melody Hensley.
@SurlyAmy @CaraColeen @saramayhew "Hey. I can get more attention, speaking gigs, and the bys will like me if I keep ragging on Skepchicks!"
All I have to say is WOW. I decided to tweet Melody Hensley to see if she had any idea that what she was doing is sexual harassment. I got blocked for my efforts. I wrote:
.@MelodyHensley You know what my job calls accusations of using male attn to climb the ladder? Sexual harassment. @saramayew
Well, I've sent a strongly worded letter to info@centerforinquiry.net because (obviously) sending it to the Director of CFI-DC will get nowhere.

Geoffrey Falk

Post by Geoffrey Falk »

rayshul wrote:According to the Giggly Atheist on twitter...
Oh dear, a plusser on reclaim #atheismplus tag thread on forum suggests tracking phone num/addresses of dissenters now?

Not sure how correct it is because I'm not spending any time on those forums etc if I can help it, so I just got the link and got out... I'm a "persona non grata" in their world and I don't think it's fair to intrude in their personal space. But others I'm sure can have a look and check it out...
http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic ... t=25#p8272

http://i48.tinypic.com/j0gqs3.png

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

I'm astonished at the conflict between that post's content and the signature. I mean that's some motherfucking hardcore dissonance right there.

This is why I don't engage with these people though. They are fucking BATSHIT stalkers.

It's sad that the Slimepit is really a safe place. :(

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Geoffrey Falk wrote:

http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic ... t=25#p8272

http://i48.tinypic.com/j0gqs3.png
Ah, you beat me to it.

To be fair, the majority of responses condemned the idea. However, it does fall into the FTB/Skepchick/Greg Laden mentality of squashing dissenting voices by any means possible. Interesting how there is invariably a desire to run to totalitarianism with this crowd.

franc

Post by franc »

This is the direct link -

http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic ... 8272#p8272

Re: Let's reclaim the hashtag.
Postby surreptitious57 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:49 pm

SallyStrange wrote: going to take more than three or four people. The haters are not very numerous, but they are PROLIFIC

Is there anyway you can get personal information on them such as mobile numbers or postal addresses? Rrebecca once managed to trace one and disabled his account and he was no more. If they are only small in number would this be a problem? Is it true that anonymity is causing them to do this? Someone here indicated who they are, so I am wondering why not disable them then if you know this? You cannot be putting up with this forever. Something has got to give. Yes, I know Richard gets hate mail too, and it appaarently does not bother him, but we are not talking about him now, are we? It is absolutely ridiculous that atheists cannot just discuss issues without everything else. We are after all supposed to be rational individuals. Anyway, just wondering.
If you track it up, they are coming after you WoolyBumblebee

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

http://i48.tinypic.com/j8d3kw.jpg

Hahaha. These guys are always, desperately, trying to convince themselves and each other that the number of people opposing them is utterly statistically insignificant. In the beginning, it was "Oh, it's just the Slimepit + Kirby + Stangroom". That was never true to begin with, but now they can't even pretend anymore because the chorus against them has grown so large. But they still try to convince themselves that there are only a relatively small number of dissenters. It's like watching creationists trying to deal with God of the Gaps.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

rayshul wrote: It's sad that the Slimepit is really a safe place. :(
I think it's great. The baboons have tried their best to poison the Slimepit well, but we go on and on, showing everyone the this is a place where no one is banned or censored, ideas are discussed and argued rationally, people get along, and no one is belittled for having a contrary opinion.

But we're the bad guys because we say "cunt".

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

It's really the one place where I don't have to worry about being stalked/harrassed.

Er, Wooly... do you need anything? If they are targeting you now... let us know what we can do please.

AnonymousCowherd

Post by AnonymousCowherd »

http://i47.tinypic.com/t01937.png
This may be the quote. To be fair, the other posters disagreed. Although one, Maiforpeace, only because while it sounded good to her, there would be too much blowback.

AnonymousCowherd

Post by AnonymousCowherd »

Shit, you guys are quick on the upload. Sorry about the treble post.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

franc wrote:

This is the direct link -

http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic ... 8272#p8272

Re: Let's reclaim the hashtag.
Postby surreptitious57 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:49 pm

SallyStrange wrote: going to take more than three or four people. The haters are not very numerous, but they are PROLIFIC

Is there anyway you can get personal information on them such as mobile numbers or postal addresses? Rrebecca once managed to trace one and disabled his account and he was no more. If they are only small in number would this be a problem? Is it true that anonymity is causing them to do this? Someone here indicated who they are, so I am wondering why not disable them then if you know this? You cannot be putting up with this forever. Something has got to give. Yes, I know Richard gets hate mail too, and it appaarently does not bother him, but we are not talking about him now, are we? It is absolutely ridiculous that atheists cannot just discuss issues without everything else. We are after all supposed to be rational individuals. Anyway, just wondering.
If you track it up, they are coming after you WoolyBumblebee
Wow - that does seem bad. He (assumption) posts here and at Rationalia, and I would hope he's referring to legitimate cases - ie, the mostly non-existent real threats, but since the plussers think asking for a name or any kind of evidence is a threat, they'd likely start trying to ban everyone on twitter (which might lead to their own banning). Not sure if that was the idea, if it was meant to be helpful without considering their past actions, or a test to see how many people would go along with it...dunno. Howerver, if surreptitious57 reads this, we'd like to know...

"Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do...." :D

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Gumby wrote:http://i48.tinypic.com/j8d3kw.jpg

Hahaha. These guys are always, desperately, trying to convince themselves and each other that the number of people opposing them is utterly statistically insignificant. In the beginning, it was "Oh, it's just the Slimepit + Kirby + Stangroom". That was never true to begin with, but now they can't even pretend anymore because the chorus against them has grown so large. But they still try to convince themselves that there are only a relatively small number of dissenters. It's like watching creationists trying to deal with God of the Gaps.

No, she's right. Don't you want to come clean and admit that all of us are the work of one poster - good ol' Ivanoff. Every member here is just a sockpuppet. Even Mabus/NewMabus. It's a maasterwork of effort. All the websites speaking out against A+ are the same - just the work of a couple of people. Abbie doesn't even exist really - she was deep cover for Ivanoff, started years ago in a prescient moment. The woman who speaks - an actress hired by Victor.

The Pelagic Argosy

Post by The Pelagic Argosy »

Gumby wrote:
I think it's great. The baboons have tried their best to poison the Slimepit well, but we go on and on, showing everyone the this is a place where no one is banned or censored, ideas are discussed and argued rationally, people get along, and no one is belittled for having a contrary opinion.
Not only that, but the Pyt is also fun and full of good humour and sociability along with discussion of its main focus. One thing that struck me about, say, Pharyngula, and increasingly so as time went by, is the paucity of honest good humour and sociability. It's all very tight and snippy there, and one has the feeling that the baboons are constantly trying to get one over on each other in various ways. I guess that is a consequence of having to watch every word one says so as not to invoke the wrath of the Komsomol. This reaches new heights at atheismplus.com. The atmosphere there seems to be frigid, and I doubt with this that they will gain many new converts. I see the most online there is 80—which seems to me rather disappointing given the sound and fury surrounding it.
Gumby wrote: But we're the bad guys because we say "cunt".
I think this plays no little part in it. And because Franc.

Dick Strawkins

McCreights Dad threatens Jens enemies

Post by Dick Strawkins »

I notice that McCreights father has chimed in to threaten violence against anyone insulting his daughter!

http://kingmccreight.blogspot.se/2012/0 ... qus_thread

To be honest I'd feel similar if someone called a loved one of mine a slut to her face but I haven't noticed anyone here call McCreight that.
We've mostly been simply disagreeing with her ideas and criticising her disgusting habit of calling everyone who disagrees with her a misogynist.
The only people who called her a slut were those opposing the 'boobquake' campaign.
Learn Some Civility

In case you haven’t noticed, I’ve been in blog retirement. I decided that writing a blog really wasn’t me. I am more of the loud mouth uncle at the family reunions, than the carefully thought out writer. But, I am coming out of retirement for one last hurrah. It seems that my daughter, who is a gifted writer and activist, has decided to quit blogging because of the negative bull shit she has to put up with.
First I would like to make a confession: I am an atheist. My daughter is an atheist blogger. But for the record, she did not become an atheist because of my brainwashing. Quiet the contrary, her courage to speak out for those who have no religious clout, greatly influenced me in realizing I was an atheist. I admired her courage to try to fight for the civil rights of this ignored part of society.
But, she has paid a great price. She has caught unbelievable shit for speaking out. People who call her whore, cunt, bitch, etc. need to learn some civility. Some parents forgot to teach their children how to disagree without being disagreeable.

The Internet has allowed a lot of people to express their thoughts. But, it has also allowed anonymous people to publish pure hate and filth without any accountability. If someone has enough balls to call my daughter a slut to her face I would quickly introduce them to some accountability – a quick fist to the mouth.
What we need in our society is a multitude of free thought, not a multitude of foul mouths. I am sorry that humanity has lost a great voice for advancing atheist civil rights. But I am extremely proud of the unselfish service she has given to this group -- which includes me.
Now, I am going back to retirement.

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

*yawn* The internet already did this, McCreights.

[youtube]5PuDWxgIxdc[/youtube]

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

The Pelagic Argosy wrote:It's all very tight and snippy there, and one has the feeling that the baboons are constantly trying to get one over on each other in various ways. I guess that is a consequence of having to watch every word one says so as not to invoke the wrath of the Komsomol. .
Yeah, that's why I never commented on Pharyngula much, although I followed the blog and comments for four years. It got very tiresome carefully pre-examining my every word so that the political-correctness-crazed regulars wouldn't jump all over every post I made. That kind of nonsense really hinders discussion, because instead of discussing whatever issue was raised by PZ's post, the comments were always getting derailed by arguing over leftist/radfem minutiae. Come to think of it, very few threads weren't derailed that way. They're their own worst enemy.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Badger3k wrote:No, she's right. Don't you want to come clean and admit that all of us are the work of one poster - good ol' Ivanoff. Every member here is just a sockpuppet. Even Mabus/NewMabus. It's a maasterwork of effort. All the websites speaking out against A+ are the same - just the work of a couple of people. Abbie doesn't even exist really - she was deep cover for Ivanoff, started years ago in a prescient moment. The woman who speaks - an actress hired by Victor.
Very true. Oh, wait, I'm talking to myself again.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Slither wrote:
Zhu Wuneng wrote: Like when Jen mentioned last year about the woman freaking out and running sobbing to the bathroom over the lame "weaker sex" joke. If anything like that causes you to flee sobbing, you have some serious problems that should really come before atheism/skepticism/feminism/anything socio-political.
Ah, yes, the "how dare you call women female" incident. There's a nice post, going over the actual video of this incident, which is old but I don't think it has been posted here before: http://johannthecabbie.blogspot.com/201 ... ogize.html
Oh well done Jen McCreight!

Good way to reinforce the worst gender stereotypes about women in general. Is there something in the water supply that turns some women into hysterical cunts demanding everyone go around kissing their invisible boo boos? I mean we know that Carrier is just another male with a female damaged brain (according to Laden who should know) but what excuse can this lot possibly have?

You left out this part:
http://johannthecabbie.blogspot.ca/2011 ... uffle.html
At some convention, a female complained about something, and hardly any one agreed with her. One guy even made a joke in slightly poor taste. She stormed out of the room and hid in the bathroom, like a crybaby.

If a man did that, he would be ridiculed for his crybaby behavior. His concerns would go unnoticed and uncared for, because he acted like a child.

But, this was a woman, and two other women at this same event wrote an article which Jen McCreight published on her blog. This article was poorly written, inaccurate, and possibly libelous. When others started complaining about the lousy article and criticizing her, Jen stormed out of the room and hid in the bathroom, like a crybaby.

Such behavior does not help the atheist movement. A kerfuffle such as this is silly and embarrassing.
I was going to say something about the three twats getting it on with the two cunts (Laden and Carrier), but I really should not be giving them talking points. Because that is what they would do, talk and talk and talk, when clearly they all need to give each other a good shag.

Evan

Re: McCreights Dad threatens Jens enemies

Post by Evan »

Dick Strawkins wrote:I notice that McCreights father has chimed in to threaten violence against anyone insulting his daughter!

To be honest I'd feel similar if someone called a loved one of mine a slut to her face but I haven't noticed anyone here call McCreight that.
We've mostly been simply disagreeing with her ideas and criticising her disgusting habit of calling everyone who disagrees with her a misogynist.
The only people who called her a slut were those opposing the 'boobquake' campaign.
Learn Some Civility

In case you haven’t noticed, I’ve been in blog retirement. I decided that writing a blog really wasn’t me. I am more of the loud mouth uncle at the family reunions, than the carefully thought out writer. But, I am coming out of retirement for one last hurrah. It seems that my daughter, who is a gifted writer and activist, has decided to quit blogging because of the negative bull shit she has to put up with.
First I would like to make a confession: I am an atheist. My daughter is an atheist blogger. But for the record, she did not become an atheist because of my brainwashing. Quiet the contrary, her courage to speak out for those who have no religious clout, greatly influenced me in realizing I was an atheist. I admired her courage to try to fight for the civil rights of this ignored part of society.
But, she has paid a great price. She has caught unbelievable shit for speaking out. People who call her whore, cunt, bitch, etc. need to learn some civility. Some parents forgot to teach their children how to disagree without being disagreeable.

The Internet has allowed a lot of people to express their thoughts. But, it has also allowed anonymous people to publish pure hate and filth without any accountability. If someone has enough balls to call my daughter a slut to her face I would quickly introduce them to some accountability – a quick fist to the mouth.
What we need in our society is a multitude of free thought, not a multitude of foul mouths. I am sorry that humanity has lost a great voice for advancing atheist civil rights. But I am extremely proud of the unselfish service she has given to this group -- which includes me.
Irony alert!
Some parents forgot to teach their children how to disagree without being disagreeable.
If someone has enough balls to call my daughter a slut to her face I would quickly introduce them to some accountability – a quick fist to the mouth.
I wonder if Jen will correct him on using "balls" as a substitute for bravery.

Atheism+ - creating virtual safe spaces with threats of physical violence
I am sorry that humanity has lost a great voice for advancing atheist civil rights.
Justicar already addressed this point:
[youtube]OAW_qk8KhJo[/youtube]

Noting the title of the blog, if Mr. McCreight really was a king, then Jen would be a princess.

cunt

Post by cunt »

Reclaim the hashtag for great social justice.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Re: McCreights Dad threatens Jens enemies

Post by Tigzy »

Dick Strawkins wrote:I notice that McCreights father has chimed in to threaten violence against anyone insulting his daughter!

Learn Some Civility

So WTF is Comical Jenni's plan here? Cos last I heard, she wasn't quitting but taking a break. From her blog:
So, goodbye for now. Maybe I’ll be back eventually, if the hatred subsides. Who knows.
Hmmm. Okay, so she's left it open there. But later, on Twitter, she writes:
Jennifer McCreight ‏@jennifurret

3. Taking a vacation from blogging doesn't mean I'm quitting all my other forms of activism
I have a confession. The real reason I'm taking a break is because when I come back to kick ass, I'll get a snazzy new outfit like Gandalf
I'll be back eventually - I love writing and you guys too much. Keep kicking ass and dealing w/ the haters and I'll come back sooner :P
And so on and so forth. So it looks like a very temporary 'quit', if you ask me.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

xjustos2 wrote:now we wish to talk about the symbols in the crucifixion video

[youtube]

1 hr 42 min 11 sec WHEN PROPHECY SUCCEEDS! KABOOM
I am not seeing the connections you are trying to make. I will tell you that one problem with this sort of thing, is that for people like me there was no verifable evidence.

The other issue is that I know I am not interested. Not speaking for any others, but I suspect no one else is interested either.

One thing that should concern you however, is that someone posted something over at the baboon board (since removed apparently) that has been atributed to Marbus. This is not good news. If you are DM or a fan, posting there could have some consequences. I really recommend that you not post anything over at FfTB, it is not a good idea.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Steersman wrote: Interesting that one of the mechanisms described under the Abusive Swearing heading was “Advise [people] to engage in undignified activities” [4:16] which, of course describes the Pharyngulites’ frequent reference to porcupines to a T .... although I note PZ has eventually seen the light and that that is now beyond the pale ...
The funny thing about PeeZuss is how he has managed to completely wreck his reputation with stuff like this. I would say more about how this has hurt him, but all I am going to say is that I doubt that people like Don Kane are impressed and leave it at that.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

I find it amusing how the Baboons keep casting either Abbie Smith or Sara Mayhew as the definition of a "Chill Girl".

In one of their tweets (might have been Melody Hensley), there was another reference to them wanting to 'be popular with the boys'!

It is like something out a schoolyard. Teenage girls bitching about boyfriends, and all that.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

I like Jennyfurs dad - he's funny. I have to say I never noticed he was in blogging retirement. Just completely slipped past me. I wonder, if we ran out of the blogs and forums crying since he threatened us, would we get the sympathy they got.

Funny thing, one of my guilty pleasures is Cops. Love the show. I've seen a lot of guys acting just like "King" get picked up for assault. I can understand the feeling, but if it comes to putting your fist in someone's face over words, you've lost. I'm fat from a pacifist, but even I will admit that. I suspect that there are genetic components to over-reacting to trolls, and the macho behavior exibited by the alpha male makes the suggestion of Jen as a "princess", appropriately sheltered from the world by dear old dad, way more believable.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Looks to me like Jenni's dad is reinforcing the patriarchy a bit there.

As for this:
I am sorry that humanity has lost a great voice for advancing atheist civil rights.
Reminds me of what I wrote concerning how the FfTB/A+/skepchick crowd are directly analogous to those people who go on TV talent shows, and start crying, 'B-but all my fwiends and fwamily say I'm a weally, wuh-wuh-weally good singer!" when Simon Cowell tells them that they really ought to be going to work in a shop, or something.

I bet Jenni's parents were the kind that bought her rosettes and trophies for coming fourth and fifth in competitons.

StueNever

Post by StueNever »

I think that surreptitious57 is trolling. He's a member of Ratz. Poeing as McCarthy.

http://rationalia.com/forum/memberlist. ... ile&u=2025

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

bhoytony wrote:Just had a quick look at that thread. They describe Chill Girls as somebody who is "a chill girl to hang out with" and lots of them claim to be "recovering Chill Girls".
Perhaps it's just me, but I can't imagine a universe where Jadehawk and the other whiny, boring drones were ever "chill girls to hang out with" before their recovery. I picture them sitting alone in their bedrooms complaining to their Happy Armies about THOSE GIRLS that the guys think are "chill girls to hang out with" and how one day they will have their revenge.
'Scuse the pharyngulous manner in which I am going to say this but, This. This. Right. Here. and QTF etc. :)

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Abbie, I think I'm just getting over the mild (hmmph!) fever form of West Nile (it's approx day 10 and it's barely bugging me today). Wiki-textbook-perfect case, although I didn't get it officially diagnosed. Ow! Really virus! There's no need to hurt that much! I guess I'm not in that lucky 80% of people who don't get symptoms (if this was indeed WN). Could have been a lot worse though, from what I read about the neuroinvasive forms of the illness. I live in a heavily infected area, but am not usually out at dusk or dawn. THIS year though, I thought, since I have 2 nightflowering indoor plants, wouldn't it be so nice if night moths could enjoy them too? Maybe the Hoya will actually have a seedpod by getting fertilized with someone else's Hoya. Maybe the Jasmine would fruit or whatever it does! I left out that maybe our local mosquitoes would think "ahh, open balcony door with no screen, near local canopy height, our fave, never mind the birds, we're eating human tonight".

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Uh, no, Dad McCreight. Advancing atheist civil rights is NOT what your daughter is doing. Jen McCreight is advancing an elitist, exclusionary, discriminatory form of Animal Farm Atheism that makes those who suck up to her agenda "more equal" than any atheists who don't happen to appreciate her trying to hijack the atheist movement for a narrow leftist agenda.

Jeez, if you and your little self-pitying princess can't take valid criticism, stay the fuck of the internet. It's no place for crybabies who perpetually feel the need to be helpless victims.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Did Jen do something that is "advancing atheist civil rights"? What did I miss?

Useless Guest

Post by Useless Guest »

SN: "Did Jen do something that is "advancing atheist civil rights"? What did I miss?"

She took a break from blogging. That can't hurt.

dustbubble

Post by dustbubble »

So what is it?
(1)All atheists are male, or
(2)Only male atheists call Princess rude names (because all women support her)
.. call my daughter a slut to her face I would quickly introduce them to some accountability – a quick fist to the mouth.
Or is Dangerous Dan McCreight/wrong (if he exists) going to be socking some girls in the pie-hole?
Can I watch?

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Gumby wrote:
Jeez, if you and your little self-pitying princess can't take valid criticism, stay the fuck of the internet. It's no place for crybabies who perpetually feel the need to be helpless victims.
Comparing more serious problems to troll email, I'll say this:
Jen, may nasty murdery rapey shockvalue emails be the worse thing that ever happens to you in life! Save your crying for things worse than those emails, and hope you don't ever need to shed those tears. Oh wait a minute, those were just flouncy attention-seeking missile crocodile tantrum tears. Never mind.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Useless Guest wrote:SN: "Did Jen do something that is "advancing atheist civil rights"? What did I miss?"

Very good point! :D

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Useless Guest wrote:SN: "Did Jen do something that is "advancing atheist civil rights"? What did I miss?"

Zing!

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Scented Nectar wrote:Did Jen do something that is "advancing atheist civil rights"? What did I miss?
Oh come on, surely you've not forgotten that she has raised an ARMY to take the fight to the oppressors.

http://www.ticonderogalaundry.com/image ... nimals.jpg

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

dustbubble wrote:So what is it?
.. call my daughter a slut to her face I would quickly introduce them to some accountability – a quick fist to the mouth.
Or is Dangerous Dan McCreight/wrong (if he exists) going to be socking some girls in the pie-hole?
Can I watch?
Yeah, like what the fuck? I don't use 'slut' as an insult but I do use 'cunt' which I figure DaddyBoobquake probably doesn't like either. If I for some unimaginable reason was conversing with Jen and her father in real life, and I said "actually Jen, I DO think you are quite frequently just being a whiny cunt looking for feminist victim cred.", that her father would punch ME in the mouth? Yikes, she has a violent father. I have to ask, like you are in the quote above, would I as a female equally be punched as a male would? If no, why? Do men's mouths/jaws magically not hurt when broken but women's do? Is there a double standard here where the punch has been overridden by the rule: one is NEVER violent to women even in defence, etc.?

Well, whether he applies his violence only to men, or equally to women too, he sounds like a dumb violent fuck. Simple rule. Don't be violent to anyone of any gender unless you have no choice in self defence. Words should bring out words that counter. Only sticks and stones should ever cause need to bring out the fists.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

bhoytony wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:Did Jen do something that is "advancing atheist civil rights"? What did I miss?
Oh come on, surely you've not forgotten that she has raised an ARMY to take the fight to the oppressors.
I dread to think what awful combo of "star of the show fantasy" and "revenge fantasy" storylines go through her head where the Happy Army has like sci-fi-like powers or something and saves her wilfully dreadful world with just rewards for her contrived traumas. *sigh*.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

My new brand of Atheism, bare core dictionary-loving atheism, wants to know what the femtheists have done for atheism. The bare core, in my eyes, view of what's at our bare core of needs, is spreading the word that it's ok to be atheist, as well as securing secular law, which is the only type of law that protects BOTH people of religion AND people from religion. Keeps our heads from being chopped off or losing jobs due to our religion or lack thereof. Good shit like that. What do the femtheists do that's not actually simply in support of the speakers circuit they benefit from? Sending women to conferences and shit doesn't count as atheism activism.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

dustbubble wrote:So what is it?
Can I watch?
Geeze people, you are seeing countless example of these parrots, parroting what they have been told, revealing themselves to be superficially educated, a waste of money, time, space and oxygen for all to see.

Here is one source of the self inflicted lobotomys that subsequently masquerade as a woman, but in reality have been effectively reduced to nothing more than a life support system for a vagina.

How can you not find their antics entertaining when if they had considered the sources of their discontent, a sensible person would have run away?

Take for example Shulamith Firestone:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shulamith_Firestone
Firestone argued that gender inequality originated in the patriarchal societal structures imposed upon women through their biology; the physical, social and psychological disadvantages imposed by pregnancy, childbirth, and subsequent child-rearing.[11][12] She advocated the use of cybernetics to carry out human reproduction in laboratories as well as the proliferation of contraception, abortion, and state support for child-rearing; enabling them to escape their biologically determined positions in society. Firestone described pregnancy as "barbaric", and writes that a friend of hers compared labor to "shitting a pumpkin". Among the reproductive technologies she predicted were sex selection and in vitro fertilization.
I wonder if the fact that she was also batshit crazy is also mentioned when her idears are parroted in their studies?
Firestone withdrew from politics in the early seventies, moved to Saint Marks Place[6] and worked as a painter. In the late eighties she became mentally ill. In 1998 she published a haunting account of life in and out of psychiatric hospitals entitled Airless Spaces.[7] She was the older sister of Rabbi Tirzah Firestone.
So she would up crazy and alone, living off the kindness of strangers. The trope about crazy cat ladys lives on indeed.
http://www.sfgate.com/nation/article/Sh ... .php[quote]
"The tyranny of the biological family would be broken," she wrote.

The book joined works like Kate Millett's "Sexual Politics" and Germaine Greer's "The Female Eunuch" as a 1970s feminist standard and is still assigned in college courses.

But Ms. Firestone retreated from public life after the book was published and was hospitalized with schizophrenia in the 1980s.

More recently she became so reclusive that according to her landlord, Bob Perl, she had been dead for about a week when her body was discovered.

Ms. Firestone was beloved despite her struggles, Perl said. People often called his office to volunteer to pay the rent on her East Village apartment.

"Family, friends and strangers supported her because she so moved them with her work," he said.[/quote]

Hugo

Post by Hugo »

Re:Greer, I have had my share of run ins with the ghastly female. It was in our Union where I heard her advance the idea that rational and logical thought was an intrinsically male thing, and it was unfair and sexist to expect women, who were so much more emotional, to perform to the same standard.

I promise you that I am not joking. This was her stated view.

JAB

Post by JAB »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Geeze people, you are seeing countless example of these parrots, parroting what they have been told, revealing themselves to be superficially educated, a waste of money, time, space and oxygen for all to see.
Geez yourself. First franc with his parrot demotivational poster and now you. What does a parrot have to do to get respect around here?

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

I can't blame a father for wanting to protect his daughter. I would probably do the same (although with a bit of a scolding if she said something really dumb).

But, to oblige The King: Jen is a slut*!

Bring it on now! Cross the Atlantic and ring at my door. Punch me in the face, I'm waiting.

*No, she isn't, as far as I know. I have an aversion for the term "slut" in general, as I don't believe it's a rational notion. If promiscuious guys are "studs", why are promiscuious girls "sluts"? Patriarchy, maybe?

Anyway, Jen grates my brains from time to time, but there's no hate here. So, Your Royal Highness, rest assured there will be no personal attacks on Jen from me...

ps: got my first auto logout. Confusing...

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

JAB wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:
Geez yourself. First franc with his parrot demotivational poster and now you. What does a parrot have to do to get respect around here?
Erm ..

(not good at fibbing, sorry, mind has gong blank trying to think of something)

The Pelagic Argosy

Post by The Pelagic Argosy »

In other news Naomi Wolf hails new discoveries in brain science, declaring that dopamine is "the ultimate feminist neurotransmitter". You couldn't make this up—unless you happen to be The Onion.

Not only that but "women have eight or or so tangles of 'neural termini' all over their pelvises", but, just as the male brain is merely a broken female brain, "[t]he male system is simpler and more regular".

This "new neuroscience [...] has been very little reported outside of scientific journals". This is the fault of the Patriarchy: "why the repressive patriarchal silence about such important information? And why tolerate it any longer?", she asks.

JackRayner
Location: In the basement of the University of Minnesota Morris

Post by JackRayner »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:I have an aversion for the term "slut" in general, as I don't believe it's a rational notion. If promiscuious guys are "studs", why are promiscuious girls "sluts"? Patriarchy, maybe?
I've been working to dehorn the term in my own social circle. I've gotten it to a point where its connotation is relative, and not gender specific. If used for someone who enjoys sex for sex's sake, and who does it consciously and responsibly (more on that later), the connotation is from neutral to positive. If used for someone who engages in sex indiscriminately and irresponsibly, and who suffers because of it (rejection, STI's, unwanted pregnancy), then the connotation is negative. If used for someone who, while in a relationship in which exclusivity is the mutual agreement, cheats*, then it's negative. If the cheater does it intentionally, for whatever reason (affirmation, revenge), then the connotation is most definitely evil.

As for the slut/stud dichotomy, even though I don't use it myself, I've seen arguments for it that stand. (I know I'm being general, but stay with me.) If women are the thing placing a limit on (straight) male promiscuity, then wouldn't it say something about a man that gets laid by many different women? I say, that as long as there are (more attractive versions of) Watsons and McCreights, that shriek when asked their names or asked over for conversation & coffee, "stud" will not be going out of vogue...

*I'm pretty damn forgiving when it comes to the human sex drive, but here's my thing: If you know you can't "keep it in your pants/keep your legs closed" while in an exclusive relationship...then why the fuck agree to a sexually exclusive relationship in the first place? I get that it's pretty difficult working non-monogamy out when most people prefer monogamy, but it's better than hurting your supposed loved one, right? Now, I'm no angel, but at least I can say I've never played the part of cheating partner. :whistle: (I know, I know! How convenient for me, right? I beat myself up over it enough all on my own, trust me. [And I don't purposefully go after partnered women. Things of the sort kind of just happen when one is friends with enough females, and you add ounces of liquid-disinhibition to my bloodstream.])

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

I don't know how anyone can promise monogamy. Can one really know in advance that they will always find that person sexually attractive and no one else? People going through the initial infatuation stage that many sexual relationships have, mistakenly think that's how they'll feel forever, and then they regret it later, or they make do and suppress their desires, or they cheat. I'm very sympathetic to people who married because it was expected by society but who are not suited for monogamy.

I never promise monogamy, although some have assumed it when I guess I hadn't been clear enough.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

Honestly, I could not make this crap up if I tried:
Brownian says: September 9, 2012 at 12:58 pm
You are not wrong, Beatrice. It’s time we stop inviting these STEM shitheads to hold forth on culture as if they know a fucking thing beyond coding and chemistry.
http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... ent-275487

JackRayner
Location: In the basement of the University of Minnesota Morris

Post by JackRayner »

Scented Nectar wrote:I don't know how anyone can promise monogamy. Can one really know in advance that they will always find that person sexually attractive and no one else? People going through the initial infatuation stage that many sexual relationships have, mistakenly think that's how they'll feel forever, and then they regret it later, or they make do and suppress their desires, or they cheat. I'm very sympathetic to people who married because it was expected by society but who are not suited for monogamy.

I never promise monogamy, although some have assumed it when I guess I hadn't been clear enough.
That's a good point, and I thought I should have added something of the sort as a quick disclaimer in my post, because I know that oftentimes, there's either no way of knowing, or people just aren't that introspective.

However, when I mentioned people that know they can't keep it in their pants/keep their legs closed, I meant it. I was speaking about habitual cheaters, the ones that just know that it's going to happen eventually, because it's happened so many times before. With people of this sort, I don't feel like "better to ask for forgiveness than permission" should apply, because they know better. I feel like these people only agree to monogamy to seem compliant and to get whatever it is they want from this person, (a relationship and whatever other perks may come with it) knowing full well they can' hack it. I know a few of these people.

dustbubble

Post by dustbubble »

Hugo wrote:Re:Greer, I have had my share of run ins with the ghastly female.
Which reminds me, so has Suzanne Moore (feminist Daily Mail and erstwhile Grauniad columnist, who was going on about A-plus the other day).
"Bird's-nest hair and fuck-me shoes" were our Suzie's main faults, according to La Greer :lol:

(IIRC; haven't read the G. since Iraq War v1.0, and the Daily Heil? Not bloody likely.)

dustbubble

Post by dustbubble »

JAB wrote:Geez yourself. First franc with his parrot demotivational poster and now you. What does a parrot have to do to get respect around here?
'OOO's a pretty boy then?

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

The Pelagic Argosy wrote:In other news Naomi Wolf hails new discoveries in brain science, declaring that dopamine is "the ultimate feminist neurotransmitter". You couldn't make this up—unless you happen to be The Onion.

Not only that but "women have eight or or so tangles of 'neural termini' all over their pelvises", but, just as the male brain is merely a broken female brain, "[t]he male system is simpler and more regular".

This "new neuroscience [...] has been very little reported outside of scientific journals". This is the fault of the Patriarchy: "why the repressive patriarchal silence about such important information? And why tolerate it any longer?", she asks.
I am just going to leave this here:
http://neurocritic.blogspot.ca/2012/09/ ... s-and.html
feminist biology apparently tells us that the vagina is the delivery system for profound female truths:
By the same token, a female self's experience of freedom, and its impulse to seek more freedom, and to do so from a basis of self-love -- the feminist quest and the feminist sensibility -- are all strengthened in women by preorgasmic dopamine, and by the effect of orgasm on the brain. ... So in this way, the vagina is the delivery system for the states of mind we call confidence, liberation, self-realization, and even mysticism in women.
Just wait till male studies start letting us about the power of the penis. I can hardly wait to hear about the profound truths that the male experiences at orgasm, and how this is a good thing for mankind, the planet the universe and everything.

cunt

Post by cunt »

BarnOwl wrote:Honestly, I could not make this crap up if I tried:
You are not wrong, Beatrice. It’s time we stop inviting these STEM shitheads to hold forth on culture as if they know a fucking thing beyond coding and chemistry.
Ahahahah, he's ripping me off in comment 4.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

JackRayner wrote:That's a good point, and I thought I should have added something of the sort as a quick disclaimer in my post, because I know that oftentimes, there's either no way of knowing, or people just aren't that introspective.

However, when I mentioned people that know they can't keep it in their pants/keep their legs closed, I meant it. I was speaking about habitual cheaters, the ones that just know that it's going to happen eventually, because it's happened so many times before. With people of this sort, I don't feel like "better to ask for forgiveness than permission" should apply, because they know better. I feel like these people only agree to monogamy to seem compliant and to get whatever it is they want from this person, (a relationship and whatever other perks may come with it) knowing full well they can' hack it. I know a few of these people.
I forgot about those types. Trying to have their cake and eat it too, dishonestly.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Scented Nectar wrote:I don't know how anyone can promise monogamy. Can one really know in advance that they will always find that person sexually attractive and no one else? People going through the initial infatuation stage that many sexual relationships have, mistakenly think that's how they'll feel forever, and then they regret it later, or they make do and suppress their desires, or they cheat. I'm very sympathetic to people who married because it was expected by society but who are not suited for monogamy.

Nothing wrong with being up front with it, and I have known people to do that.

On the other hand, a promise is a promise. In my book, if you make it, I expect you to keep it, no excuses afterwards. I can understand temptation, but breaking a promise is not on the table for me.

masakari2012

Post by masakari2012 »

cunt wrote:
BarnOwl wrote:Honestly, I could not make this crap up if I tried:
Ahahahah, he's ripping me off in comment 4.
Great! Noelplum99 responds in comment 5. Meaning he's now keeping an eye on FTB.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

I will probably opt out of the discussion on this subject. When I have a girlfriend, I have a girlfriend. Sure, the casual erection might come unwanted, but I don't cheat.

As we say here: "c'est pas parce que tu es au régime que tu as pas le droit de regarder le menu".

James Onen

Post by James Onen »