Periodic Table of Swearing

Old subthreads
Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Post by Tigzy »

real horrorshow wrote:
julian (his wings are like a shield of steel) wrote:Needless to say, I kinda wanna snap one of their necks right now.
Needless to say indeed julian, since this is your response to everything.
:lol: I see Julian has hulked-out again on the internet.
Julian's life -a simple guide:
http://i.imgur.com/zVmti.jpg

codelette

Post by codelette »

Tigzy wrote:
real horrorshow wrote:
julian (his wings are like a shield of steel) wrote:Needless to say, I kinda wanna snap one of their necks right now.
Needless to say indeed julian, since this is your response to everything.
Josh must be rage crying right next to him. Lol!

Outwest

Post by Outwest »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
papillon wrote:Hi guise,
Just de-lurking to say hi.
[I got here from a Google search of 'nasty+atheist+cunts'. I was after the skepchick nudie calender, but ended up here instead. A happy accident.]

Hoping to post a little here and there, always eager to add some more bile to the internet hate machine.
/Formalities over.
Hi Pappilon! How was Devil's Island?
Notice this guy wasn't banned? Wasn't he off-topic and argumentative? Oh, wait! this isn't the A+ forum....

real horrorshow

Post by real horrorshow »

Git wrote:
Guest wrote:Well, you know she claims to be a pervert in her self description at her blog. She should have at least offered the guy a hand job in that spirit.
Pervert my fucking arse. Show her and the rest of those neo-puritan fuckwits a bung and they'll be wondering where the nearest chemistry lab is. They hate the human body as much as any fundy.
Hasn't she also called herself 'bisexual', even though she's never actually, you know, done it, like, wiv a lady? Nudge nudge. Say no more!
I recall Scenty posting something.

codelette

Post by codelette »

I was reading Al's blogpost and the topic of "guilt by association" remindec me of a curious tidbit of information. I wonder if the FC5 and Becky are aware that patsy-pal Amanda Marcotte was accused by black and brown feminists of being a flaming racist, a cultural appropiator and a silencer of women of color. The drama was hilarious and a whole bunch of those minority feminists ended up abandoning feminism. I reminded Amanda of this tidbit and she blocked me on Twitter.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Tigzy wrote:
Logged back in just to say: AHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

codelette wrote: Josh must be rage crying right next to him. Lol!
Whenever I imagine Josh Spokesgay/Slocum sitting at his computer and looking at the internets, I always get this image of a periwigged 18th century fop wafting a doily under his nose whilst weeping copiously in a high-pitched voice.

"Ooo-oo-oh, sir! Ooo-ooh, for shame! Thy devilments hath incurred tears of most unwelcome ire betwixt the corners of my orbits! Ooooh, sir - I beseech thee, desist! Please, desist!

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

real horrorshow wrote:
Git wrote:
Guest wrote:Well, you know she claims to be a pervert in her self description at her blog. She should have at least offered the guy a hand job in that spirit.
Pervert my fucking arse. Show her and the rest of those neo-puritan fuckwits a bung and they'll be wondering where the nearest chemistry lab is. They hate the human body as much as any fundy.
Hasn't she also called herself 'bisexual', even though she's never actually, you know, done it, like, wiv a lady? Nudge nudge. Say no more!
I don't recall. Sorry. Kind of rings a bell though, if that helps.

papillon

Post by papillon »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
[I got here from a Google search of 'nasty+atheist+cunts'. I was after the skepchick nudie calender, but ended up here instead. A happy accident.]

Hoping to post a little here and there, always eager to add some more bile to the internet hate machine.
/Formalities over.
Hi Pappilon! How was Devil's Island?
Hi Parsehole, Devil's Island was a piece of piss compared to the A+ 'education and information' gulag.

JackRayner
Location: In the basement of the University of Minnesota Morris

Post by JackRayner »

A few words on Jen's run in with a public masturbator.

On public masturbation: Less than ideal. Even I would find it offensive. But...where the fuck else do you masturbate if you're homeless? Seriously, a motherfucker's just gotta get off sometimes! (Might be hard to believe if one happens to be a frigid bitch. [An assumption, yes.])

On being offended: Look the fuck way, and walk. The fuck. ON. I understand that people react in unpredictable ways, but, really. Seriously. Starring? When I'm giving the woman a massage and she decides she wants to watch Nip/Tuck during this, I look the fuck away when they show the surgery scenes. Stuff of the sort just grosses me out. I don't sit there and stare and then get angry at her, my tee vee, and the producers of the show for exposing me to that.

I wonder though, if what took place here was an encounter between an exhibitionist and a voyeur. Is there anything to being a voyeur that includes sharing your stories with others? And why didn't she call the cops and give this guy a warmer place to wank? :think:

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Tigzy wrote:
Whenever I imagine Josh Spokesgay/Slocum sitting at his computer and looking at the internets, I always get this image of a periwigged 18th century fop wafting a doily under his nose whilst weeping copiously in a high-pitched voice.

"Ooo-oo-oh, sir! Ooo-ooh, for shame! Thy devilments hath incurred tears of most unwelcome ire betwixt the corners of my orbits! Ooooh, sir - I beseech thee, desist! Please, desist!
I always imagine him as a 4 foot, sentient penis.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Tony Parsehole wrote:FAG-ASH LIL! Haven't heard that one for years.
Yeah, probably something I've not heard IRL since the days of "On the Buses" or similar...

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

real horrorshow wrote: Hasn't she also called herself 'bisexual', even though she's never actually, you know, done it, like, wiv a lady? Nudge nudge. Say no more!
Schrodinger's bisexual.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Marcotte is a notorious racist.
She stirred up a huge amount of trouble over the illustrations of a book she wrote a few years back.
It prominently featured images of a brave blonde feminist getting attacked by and kicking the collective asses of a group of (misogyistic!) black savages.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e ... rcotte.jpg

And her recent article about Jen McCreight was illustrated with a picture (unintentionally hilarious!) of a keyboard misogynist who looks suspiciously like a crude asian caricature.

http://i.imgur.com/kIXVg.jpg

But of course she's BFF with skepchick and Jen McCreight so everything's just fine! :shifty:

SteveW68

Post by SteveW68 »

This amused greatly:

Aside from this - Al appears to be in a bit of a ding dong with Natalie Screed with "her" trying to tell him he has no real say against accusations made against him.... "she" is also now being seemingly aided by Josh the Official SpokesPrick...

codelette

Post by codelette »

Poor Jen, she was such a social jurist when she was inside her pinky middle class/academic bubble. Now she's experiencing how crass and disgusting even the underprivileged can be, and she cannot handle the cold truth. Even her daddy had to stop playing golf to tend to her fragile state of mind. Go, you strong lady, you!

codelette

Post by codelette »

Dick Strawkins wrote:Marcotte is a notorious racist.
She stirred up a huge amount of trouble over the illustrations of a book she wrote a few years back.
It prominently featured images of a brave blonde feminist getting attacked by and kicking the collective asses of a group of (misogyistic!) black savages.

And her recent article about Jen McCreight was illustrated with a picture (unintentionally hilarious!) of a keyboard misogynist who looks suspiciously like a crude asian caricature.

But of course she's BFF with skepchick and Jen McCreight so everything's just fine! :shifty:
And that's the revised copy! The first book copy had a blonde with KingKong on the cover. Lol.

papillon

Post by papillon »

bhoytony wrote:
real horrorshow wrote: Hasn't she also called herself 'bisexual', even though she's never actually, you know, done it, like, wiv a lady? Nudge nudge. Say no more!
Schrodinger's bisexual.
So has she conducted a 'Double Slit' experiment' or not?

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

Natalie Screed ... trying to tell him he has no real say against accusations made against him
Natyalie has this thing where she truly believes that she, and only she, has a say in what people can say, what words they can use, what defense they are allowed to mount against accusations thrown at them, and what the rules of the world are.

And she really believes in her own inerrancy, when t comes to such things.

Several months ago she posted an endless, but aren't they all, screed about the words that people can use, and throughout the screed she kept contradicting herself, and backstepping, and changing her rules, and presenting endless examples of "no one can use this word because it's bad, except when it's not bad which is something that I and only I can determine, definitely not you...", and so on and so forth with much thumping of Transbreasts, or whatever they are.

She's a real ding dong, Screed is.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

codelette wrote:I was reading Al's blogpost and the topic of "guilt by association" remindec me of a curious tidbit of information. I wonder if the FC5 and Becky are aware that patsy-pal Amanda Marcotte was accused by black and brown feminists of being a flaming racist, a cultural appropiator and a silencer of women of color. The drama was hilarious and a whole bunch of those minority feminists ended up abandoning feminism. I reminded Amanda of this tidbit and she blocked me on Twitter.
I mentioned this incident here at least once before. What was impressive to my mind was that she was apparently so dismissive about the concerns raised, I got the impression (and I still have it) that she is a racist.

The type of racist that would relegate other people to less than human and thus unworthy of consideration. Easy enough to do I suppose if she already regards men the same way.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

John Greg wrote:
Natalie Screed ... trying to tell him he has no real say against accusations made against him
Natyalie has this thing where she truly believes that she, and only she, has a say in what people can say, what words they can use, what defense they are allowed to mount against accusations thrown at them, and what the rules of the world are.

Several months ago she posted an endless, but aren't they all, screed about the words that people can use, and throughout the screed she kept contradicting herself, and backstepping, and changing her rules, and presenting endless examples of "no one can use this word because it's bad, except when it's not bad which is something that I and only I can determine, definitely not you...", and so on and so forth with much thumping of Transbreasts, or whatever they are.

I blame testosterone poisoning.

Post by Guest »

SteveW68 wrote:
Natalie Screed ..
That amuses me greatly and sums her up perfectly. Jesus Bloody Christ!

astrokid.nj

Post by astrokid.nj »

Mykeru wrote: The same goes for A Voice for Men. Obviously it's a article of faith that AVfM is a ravenous hate site filled with rapey guys, guys who hate, who hate and rape and rapety-rape-rape.
But hate, much less pathological hatred of women? Not a bit. At best, you can say the atmosphere in that regard is of an overwhelming sense of betrayal ("But you said this would benefit us too").
You mean you werent convinced by The Cabbie's stellar arguments in the recent debate? He didnt convince you that Elam is a 'Times Square Nutter'?
Somebody left this comment at his blog
Comment_On_Cabbies_Blog.jpg
(36.34 KiB) Downloaded 225 times

rayshul unlogged

Post by rayshul unlogged »

James hasn't been here for so long, I kind of assumed work had taken over and he'd drop by again with a genius essay on the failings of modern atheism. Hrrrrrr. :/

Outwest

Post by Outwest »

bhoytony wrote:
John Greg wrote:

I blame testosterone poisoning.

Greta does the same thing. Did anyone here read her "book"? I made the mistake of buying the Kindle version...couldn't get through the second chapter. Everything was, "I hate...", "Oh, unless you're a feminist", or "Unless you're..." fill in the blanks. All based on what she hates about people.

I tried to read more of it, and it was the same. I was actually looking forward to it because it's based on a standard speech she gives at events (I've seen the video) so was expecting something good from her. It was amarteurish. And she quit her day job to be a full time writer?
So, unless you're in the circle-of-jerks, like Myers, Benson, Carrier, Zvan, Theibault, and now Reed....
I was really wondering how long it would take the bullies to come after Al. Didn't take long did it.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Interesting post by Diane Arellano on the Black Skeptics site on FTB
http://freethoughtblogs.com/blackskepti ... /#comments

She hits out at the priorities of the "white privileged" feminists and compares it with the problems affecting young black women.
Hardly a week goes by when one of our girls isn’t absent because she has to help with child care or work to support her family. Hardly a quarter goes by when we don’t hear a story about a pregnant tenth grader who is keeping her baby because she can’t “kill” God’s creation. For our girls, abortion is freedom and reproductive justice is life, period. So, no, trying to get Ten Commandments displays taken down or challenging prayer in school are not our priorities as atheists and freethinkers of color teaching in urban schools.
The post has been up a day and has picked up just one comment.
Is there some sort of feminist apartheid system going on in FTB?
You'd imagine that this is exactly the sort of thing that feminists fighting for social justice would be interested in but no. Not a single comment from the usual crew and no links from the likes of Benson or Svan.

Saint N.

Post by Saint N. »

So if FtB commenters whining about thunderf00t being a ignorant misogynist bigot stirring up hate was enough for PZ and Ed to give him the boot, are they going to be consistent and do the same to Al? What about Matt, if he continues to 'cause great pain and trauma' in the ftb/a+ safe space, will he be shown the door? Told he isn't suitable to lead his local atheist organization, like they (including Matt!) did to Justin Vacula.

Personally, if I was Al or any other non-A+esque blogger still on FtB, I'd get out before the place goes full Donner Party.

lost control

Post by lost control »

Say a female person is a c*nt in a context where that person is being disparaged then misogyny is a reasonable assumption
My lass is a cunt, and she's not really useful to me when her cunt is off limits.

*satisfied*?

Seriously, I don't even love my lass, and I never will, cause we don't work this way.
But I highly appreciate her input etc.

Anyway, I so fucking like here, even though 'love' is not even a consideration.
And her cunt, which at times translates to just her cunt (i.e. her body part), is awesome.

So, WTF do you even (falsely) assume that a cunt might even have any negative connotation, dipshit?
Right now, due to life, I'm only familiar with a single cunt, and that's one of the most awesome(st) things around. (*fuck proper grammer*)
No, actually, 2, but that gal sadly moves to another city, whatever.

So, yeah, if I say, my gals a cunt, I probably don't disparage my lass, cause I value her so much, but still. Her cunt's a cunt, and that what's counting(). And after all, my gal's only providing a cunt, and I like her cunt, but next to that, I also need a fucking intellect. *wow*
I'm so misogynistic. Well, not really, but my lass want's some stuff and I do my best to fit in.

*fuck* you're such an idiot... hey, I'm not that much of a brad pitt, but, seruiously, did you ever manage to get anything? Fuck, that question seriously pops up, and you could (once) have fucked me up with that, but you're so lousy.... damn.

SPACKlick

Post by SPACKlick »

real horrorshow wrote:Damn right julian! I too want to hear how this piece of trivial whiny bullshit is any less important than some other piece of trivial whiny bullshit.

What do we want?

Over-reaction!

When do we want it?

All the time!!!111one one!
This post got a genuine lol, a splorf and a re-read. Well played my good sir. :clap:

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Anyone using "that" instead of "than" should ne shot on sight.

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

Shoot 'em in the nees!

Smile.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

"B" is for "boys". I decided to go for a change.

Lost Control: "lass" is sexy!

Off to bed? Yep, think so...

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

I used to be a Grammar Nazi... until I took an arrow to the ne...

real horrorshow

Scented Nectar wrote:
real horrorshow wrote:Hasn't she also called herself 'bisexual', even though she's never actually, you know, done it, like, wiv a lady? Nudge nudge. Say no more!
I don't recall. Sorry. Kind of rings a bell though, if that helps.
By the power of advanced search: I find this post by lost control. Featuring this link to pre-FTB Blag Hag where Jen says:

first crush on a girl... (not so) drunken makeouts... "me having a relationship with a woman is very improbable... assumption that I won't." Yadda, yadda, more yadda.

So yeah, what I said.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

ERV wrote:I used to be a Grammar Nazi... until I took an arrow to the ne...
Peng, and neerrrr wum!

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Oh, so everyone is a fucking Skyrim expert now?

I play Plants Vs Zombies!

HEat that, noobs!

Bed it is, then...

codelette

Post by codelette »

Dick Strawkins wrote:Interesting post by Diane Arellano on the Black Skeptics site on FTB
http://freethoughtblogs.com/blackskepti ... /#comments

She hits out at the priorities of the "white privileged" feminists and compares it with the problems affecting young black women.
Hardly a week goes by when one of our girls isn’t absent because she has to help with child care or work to support her family. Hardly a quarter goes by when we don’t hear a story about a pregnant tenth grader who is keeping her baby because she can’t “kill” God’s creation. For our girls, abortion is freedom and reproductive justice is life, period. So, no, trying to get Ten Commandments displays taken down or challenging prayer in school are not our priorities as atheists and freethinkers of color teaching in urban schools.
The post has been up a day and has picked up just one comment.
Is there some sort of feminist apartheid system going on in FTB?
You'd imagine that this is exactly the sort of thing that feminists fighting for social justice would be interested in but no. Not a single comment from the usual crew and no links from the likes of Benson or Svan.
That's always been the point of a lot of black/brown former feminists. Feminism is primarily a white middle class women club. I pointed that out to Jean kazez when she wrote a tweet about why will some people not identified as a feminist. Not a peep from her.
I also reminded skeptifem once that Puertorican women were used as guinea pigs when she was telling that I needd to thank feminists for fighting for my reproductive rights. Bitch, my grandmothers were swallowing massive amounts of hormones in the fucking slums so your grandmothers could get a safe dosage. Cunt.

sacha

Post by sacha »

EyeNoU wrote: Hello all! Had to delurk, I have been roaring with laughter over the last several pages...I think Mailforpeace is meant to be a double entendre...

ooh a Vulture!

"Vultures abducting petulant children... yes. I'd love to see that... save the vultures, sacrifice the children"
http://www.slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... 232#p16232

real horrorshow

codelette wrote:
And that's the revised copy! The first book copy had a blonde with KingKong on the cover. Lol.
Well, you know, Kong was male and therefore - Marcotte's mind - a legitimate target. Non-science academia, especially in the USA, is riddled with this shit. Every word or image is booby trapped with potential offence. Because almost everyone's entitled to be offended at anything. And being offended is the ultimate trump-card. Whoever plays it first wins. Having helped to sew this minefield, it's only fair Marcotte gets blown up herself once in a while.

codelette

Post by codelette »

Marcotte being the Enlightened Privilege Identifier that she is should have known that KingKong and the blonde is touchy subject in the US. She actually said she was being "ironic". She' such a hipster!

sacha

Post by sacha »

/Formalities over.
nasty atheist cunts!!! Bloody brilliant

windy

Post by windy »

ERV wrote:Also, no seriously, wheres James?
He's probably recovering from yesterday's independence day festivities!

codelette

Post by codelette »

McBoob pulled out the "mentally ill" card. We need a theme song for the Oppression Olympics that just started.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

codelette wrote:McBoob pulled out the "mentally ill" card. We need a theme song for the Oppression Olympics that just started.
Funny that. As Black Svan says, it is simply "the pushback" that is "getting her down".

real horrorshow

Bumholes: It's "to sow this minefield" obviously, though you can knit barbed wire!

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

codelette wrote:McBoob pulled out the "mentally ill" card. We need a theme song for the Oppression Olympics that just started.
FTBers are always pulling that one. McBoobster wrote a whole article about how she can't stop chewing up the skin on her lips and fingertips until they're bloody. JT claims eating disorders and depression, and Greta becomes mentally exhausted from trips to the bank. Didn't that friend of JT's, Cristina (not to be mixed up with the other Cristinas) go and cut off her own toe or something? I mean, she wrote before that that she doesn't *feel* things enough, and that's why she did a suspension by piercing thing, but I guess it was bad enough that she needed to cut off her own fucking toe too? She never explained why or how she did it. And they all have a persecution complex, although funny... they never talk about that one. Maybe they don't know yet that they have it. :)

But seriously, they are a heavily damaged bunch. Far more than the average, I think.

real horrorshow

sacha wrote:

/Formalities over.
nasty atheist cunts!!! Bloody brilliant
I just tried that search and got this as the first hit.

JackRayner

Re: Vultures and Sky Burial

Post by JackRayner »

sacha wrote:
JackRayner wrote:
One of the moms I know is convinced that I don't like kids. (One time I was driving past a school bus stop with a bunch of kids, and there were some vultures picking through garbage bags on the other side of the road, and I asked her "Wouldn't it be hilarious if one of those vultures snatched a kid away?" Hahaha.) She might be right...
That is something I would say in front of the mothers of the children.

A vulture flying off with a wailing child would be hilarious, especially if the child was wailing because they demanded a toy and someone said no. I'd like my own air force of giant vultures that I could summon at will. They would eat very well... very well indeed.

I do like vultures quite a bit. My choice for my remains, (after they use the bits they can for others who need them) is sky burial. I can't think of a better way to dispose of my dead body. I posted an long essay as to why I am so enamoured by the idea, a complete explanation of what it entails, and the "spiritual" reasons it is done in certain cultures (I reject that part of it). I included a series of documentary photographs of a sky burial. Nothing at all graphic in comparison to what is shown in Hollywood films that have violent scenes. Not a single image depicted violence at all.

The man was already dead, and the photographs were simply a documentation of the event, which is common practice in Tibet. I found the images fascinating. The photographer did not attempt to skew the perception of the event, or even betray his opinion on the practice. Only one showed the body being prepared, one could only see his back, and there was no blood. One showed his skull and part of his spine in skeleton form, and one showed a person breaking a part which could not be identified into smaller pieces. All the rest were the birds, and bits of unidentifiable flesh. If you did not know they were eating a human, it would not have crossed your mind. It just looked like vultures, doing what vultures do. Feeding on carrion. There were two ravens who joined the feast, all the rest were vultures.

Without warning the entire post was deleted, not just the images, but all of the text as well. This was years ago, before I made it a point to keep important things stored elsewhere in case they disappear. I originally posted it on AN. Apparently the host company has a rule against photographs of dead bodies. Of course I don't see the war images being deleted. A pile of concentration camp victims skeletal bodies in a giant pile - just fine to post. All sorts of war images depicting violent death, even videos with limbs being blown off, and people suffering in agony before death. There are numerous images of innocent people lynched with crowds of white US southerners laughing and cheering in the 1950's. What about the well known image of Emmet Till's tortured and mutilated face and body in his coffin? If the reason for the rule is to protect people from seeing things that may upset them, certainly these images should be at the top of the list.

But a series of photographs of someone who died accidentally (the body looked too healthy for serious illness) and requested in advance that his remains be disposed of in this way, probably because of his beliefs, by an experienced "sky burial preparer" and is embraced by a large culture of people, is simply not permitted to be seen. If they had issued a warning, I would have taken down the images myself, and left the rest of the post.

I was so cross that a rule which is ridiculous to begin with, (unless it is extremely specific about what sort of image of a dead person is not permitted) was enforced with my post which gave well researched and detailed information on a practice embraced by a culture, which does not cause harm, violence, or suffering to any living thing, along with my detailed positive perspective of the practice, and why I find it to be the most beneficial to other creatures, and the environment, and the most appropriate way to leave no trace, that I have ever heard of.

It took me a very long time, but I finally posted a similar, although condensed version on another networking site. It took me quite a while to find the images again. (I had them saved on a computer that had since died) I even looked to see if that host company had the same rule before posting. I could not find anything in their code of conduct relating to that.

All of a sudden a few months later, that post was removed as well. The entire post, not just the photographs. I know it was not the person running the site, and there are not a lot of members, most of us know one another. The site isn't well known enough to get complaints from the sort of people who would go out of their way to get it removed.

The last time I looked, a few months ago, I could not longer find the series of images I used. There are others, but they are not the same quality, and most of them were taken by photographers who took the images with the intent to shock, not document without an agenda...

I despise the easily offended, puritan, cultural contempt, anti-intellectual, jingoistic, xenophobic, illusory superiority, and those who demand to be protected from words and images.
I have little doubt that this rule was written by Merkins.

Many species of vulture are going extinct, by the way. They are poisoned by the poison which is used to kill what they eat, There is a lack of sufficient food, as larger carrion is often not left for the vultures, but picked up and discarded in human populated areas.

Also lead poisoning (from the gun shot which killed what they are eating), direct poisoning, electrocution (by powerlines), collisions with wind turbines, reduced food availability, lack of suitable nesting areas, and habitat change.
http://www.birdlife.org/datazone/specie ... hp?id=3371

They are also poisoned by the use of an anti-inflammatory given to cattle, which is still being used even though there is a substitute that works just as well, which is not lethal to the vultures:
The Indian Vulture and the Indian White-rumped Vulture, G. bengalensis species have suffered a 99%–97% population decrease in Pakistan and India and between 2000-2007 annual decline rates of this species and the Slender-billed Vulture averaged over 16%. The cause of this has been identified as poisoning caused by the veterinary drug diclofenac. Diclofenac is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) and when given to working animals it can reduce joint pain and so keep them working for longer. The drug is believed to be swallowed by vultures with the flesh of dead cattle which were given diclofenac in the last days of life. Diclofenac causes kidney failure in several species of Vultures.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_Vulture

went off on a rant there...

Vultures abducting petulant children... yes. I'd love to see that... save the vultures, sacrifice the children
Ack! How'd I miss this awesome post before! :doh:

I like vultures a bit too. As an animator, seeing them in motion (across the ground on their legs, in particular) is entertaining enough on its own. I remember seeing a group of them swoop down and drag some roadkill off of the road and onto the grass as a team once. I thought it was pretty cool. My guess is they've also got a hierarchical system, and enforce "pecking order"? I think I'm going to go dig up some documentaries on them...

I have an idea for an animation that will feature vultures. Sometimes when I'm driving to school in the morning, and there's bumper-to-bumper traffic, I notice vultures perched up on street lights just watching. My idea for the animation is to show how the vultures perceive the cars. Something that occupies my mind often is wondering how animals perceive cars. Like, I think about this a lot , and especially so when I'm driving with no one else in the car. Like those bastard, stuck up peacocks that live near me and love to cross the street at a leisurely pace when I'm trying to get someplace, or the dogs I see riding in cars. Anytime I see any animal-car interaction, the thought pops back into my head...

And I can understand why images of sky burials would disturb people, but as with the public masturbator, I'd recommend just looking away. It's interesting though... I wonder if my corpse would make a decent meal for some vultures...

welch

Post by welch »

Oh fuck me, really? Wait, I just looked, yep. What the hell is it with dips like her.

"I'm depressed and the random comments on twitter make it worse"

"Maybe you should lock down your account, or set it so you only see comments from people you are following, so that kind of thing doesn't happen"

"BUT THEN I WON'T KNOW WHEN PEOPLE ARE SAYING THE MEAN THINGS THAT MAKE ME FEEL LIKE SHIT"

"Well...yes. That would be the point. I mean, you know a fire can burn you, or you do after the first time you stick your hand in, so you stop sticking your hand in the fire, right? So yeah, people are assholes and are going to say mean things, but there's no reason you should pay attention to them. It's like the crazy dude on the corner yelling about the apocalypse. You don't really pay attention to what he's saying, you just make sure someone knows about it so maybe he can get some help."

"WHY ARE YOU BLAMING ME FOR THEM BEING ASSHOLES!!!"

"Well, I'm not. Them being assholes is their fault. I'm just saying, if they're making you feel bad, stop reading what they say, and you'll at least remove a pain point, right?"

"WHY ARE YOU BLAMING THE VICTIM!! I HAVE A RIGHT TO READ WHATEVER I WANT"

"Well, yes, you do, but if it causes you problems, why would you want to?"

"PEOPLE ARE ONLY ALLOWED TO BE NICE"

"Nice thought, but they aren't. So why pay attention to assholes."

"STOP ATTACKING MEEEEEE!"

"I'm sorry, what? I'm not attacking you."

"YOU CAN'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO!!!"

"Huh? that's not what i'm doing. I'm just saying"

"WHY DON'T YOU LISTEN, I HAVE A RIGHT TO MY FEELINGS!"

"No one's saying you don't?"

"U R MISOGYNIST!!!! U R MAKING MY DEPRESSION WORSE! U SHOULD ALWAYS SUPPORT ME"

"Well, that's why I'm making a few small suggestions"

"I BLOCK YOU"

"sigh...."

Best part is? that convo could be had with almost all of the A+/FTB tits.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

She's done it at least twice today.

http://i46.tinypic.com/2961wxw.jpg

Playing for sympathy. Disgusting. I suffer from lifelong chronic depression and you don't see me using it to gain sympathy points from anyone, on the internet or in real life.

So who should I feel sympathy for? You?
http://i50.tinypic.com/mx0fvm.jpg

Or this guy?
http://i48.tinypic.com/206dlqf.jpg
(Who, incidentally, is a homeless man in Seattle).

Fuck you, McCreight.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

I tied together that now mostly forgotten incident with Amanda Marcotte's less-then-stealth racism and Rebecca Watson's curious "Yo Homey" way of taking when she recounts her little incidents in this video:

Creepy Bittergrrl: Rape Culture Special Edition: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1qs-fR5lyE

Even though it's satire, I stand behind the observation. Trigger Warning: Paul Elam sent me the second letter.

codelette

Post by codelette »

Scented Nectar wrote:
FTBers are always pulling that one. McBoobster wrote a whole article about how she can't stop chewing up the skin on her lips and fingertips until they're bloody. JT claims eating disorders and depression, and Greta becomes mentally exhausted from trips to the bank. Didn't that friend of JT's, Cristina (not to be mixed up with the other Cristinas) go and cut off her own toe or something? I mean, she wrote before that that she doesn't *feel* things enough, and that's why she did a suspension by piercing thing, but I guess it was bad enough that she needed to cut off her own fucking toe too? She never explained why or how she did it. And they all have a persecution complex, although funny... they never talk about that one. Maybe they don't know yet that they have it. :)

But seriously, they are a heavily damaged bunch. Far more than the average, I think.
They have what I call: First World Problem Boredom. "wah wah, I am depressed because of the Interwebz meanies". How about you disconnect from it and go work on your graduate degree, bitch?

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Gumby wrote:
http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/6637/2 ... 1bf090.png

Post by Guest »

Mykeru wrote:

I tied together that now mostly forgotten incident with Amanda Marcotte's less-then-stealth racism and Rebecca Watson's curious "Yo Homey" way of taking when she recounts her little incidents in this video:

Creepy Bittergrrl: Rape Culture Special Edition: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1qs-fR5lyE

Even though it's satire, I stand behind the observation. Trigger Warning: Paul Elam sent me the second letter.
What's the song you excerpt at the beginning of your videos? It sounds familiar, I seem to remember it from a Robert Crumb documentary. Also, I wish you wouldn't give Creepy Bitter Girl a cat. She doesn't deserve one.

sacha

Post by sacha »

astrokid.nj wrote:
Mykeru wrote: The same goes for A Voice for Men. Obviously it's a article of faith that AVfM is a ravenous hate site filled with rapey guys, guys who hate, who hate and rape and rapety-rape-rape.
But hate, much less pathological hatred of women? Not a bit. At best, you can say the atmosphere in that regard is of an overwhelming sense of betrayal ("But you said this would benefit us too").
You mean you werent convinced by The Cabbie's stellar arguments in the recent debate? He didnt convince you that Elam is a 'Times Square Nutter'?
Somebody left this comment at his blog
Comment_On_Cabbies_Blog.jpg
Betrayal because of naiveté.

That article seems to be the favourite to cite as "evidence". If one actually reads Elam's view of jury nullification, he explains his reasoning quite thoroughly, and logically. His argument is not easy to tear down, he has a strong case. Even those who disagree, would have to do so without the ability to dismiss his points. I'm sure someone can come up with solid reasons against jury nullification in the situation he refers to, but not by rendering Elam's position invalid.

Most (if not all) articles on AVfM are nowhere near as volatile a subject as that one.

JackRayner

Post by JackRayner »

sacha wrote:
EyeNoU wrote: Hello all! Had to delurk, I have been roaring with laughter over the last several pages...I think Mailforpeace is meant to be a double entendre...

ooh a Vulture!

"Vultures abducting petulant children... yes. I'd love to see that... save the vultures, sacrifice the children"
http://www.slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... 232#p16232
Do you (or anyone reading) know of some good documentaries on vultures? I'm having a surprisingly difficult time finding anything. I'm not finding anything on Netflix or on Top Documentary Films, and the longest I can find on youtube is a 16 minute video. :/

codelette

Post by codelette »

Gumby wrote:
She's done it at least twice today.

http://i46.tinypic.com/2961wxw.jpg

Playing for sympathy. Disgusting. I suffer from lifelong chronic depression and you don't see me using it to gain sympathy points from anyone, on the internet or in real life.

http://i50.tinypic.com/mx0fvm.jpg

Or this guy?
http://i48.tinypic.com/206dlqf.jpg
(Who, incidentally, is a homeless man in Seattle).

Fuck you, McCreight.
Me too. Triggered (lol, that word) by homelessness caused by a Cat 3 hurricane. I should add that to my oppressed person toolbox!

decius

Post by decius »

JackRayner wrote: Do you (or anyone reading) know of some good documentaries on vultures? I'm having a surprisingly difficult time finding anything. I'm not finding anything on Netflix or on Top Documentary Films, and the longest I can find on youtube is a 16 minute video. :/
There was an episode of Attenborough's Life of Birds titled Meat Eaters.

Butters

Post by Butters »

Tigzy wrote:

I think I spotted him.

Which one is Josh?

http://i.imgur.com/WcEDY.jpg