Periodic Table of Swearing

Old subthreads
dustbubble

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Post by dustbubble »

Philip of Tealand wrote:She can't go around telling all men to fuck off and not talk to her in any way she finds inappropriate and then go and do completely the opposite of it when someone does.
Yikes papa's falling down on the job! Some other guy is making ouvertures to his precious! Better get round there and sink the nut on that sleazy cunt Colbert.

The Pelagic Argosy

Post by The Pelagic Argosy »

Michael K Gray wrote:
James Onen wrote:For my good friend MKG: Philosophy v science: which can answer the big questions of life? ;)
Alas, it requires a face-book log-in, which I steadfastly refuse to acquire, (ironically on philosophical grounds!)
Baggini versus Krauss?
I know which camp I would lodge in.
Michael, the piece is available directly from the Graun's site (I prefer the first reader's comment to the article).

James Onen

Post by James Onen »

Michael K Gray wrote:
James Onen wrote:For my good friend MKG: Philosophy v science: which can answer the big questions of life? ;)
Alas, it requires a face-book log-in, which I steadfastly refuse to acquire, (ironically on philosophical grounds!)
Baggini versus Krauss?
I know which camp I would lodge in.
Try this. No Facebook needed. I know where you stand, of course. I believe it is your view that philosophers engage in mental wankfests :D . Nonetheless, I thought you'd enjoy the exchange between Baggini and Krauss. I was reminded of a similar exchange you and I had, back at the old pit.

TedDahlberg

Post by TedDahlberg »

By Jove I think I've got it! The reason so many previously seemingly rational people have turned into utter nutters. They've been taken as Goa'uld hosts! That's why they demand unquestioning obedience and worship! And why anyone who disagrees is branded a shol'va. I'll be watching Stargate in a whole new light from now on…

James Onen

Post by James Onen »

Oh Adam Lee..
With this accumulation of evidence, I've reluctantly come to realize that, whatever his strengths as an advocate for science or atheism, Richard Dawkins is no more enlightened than the general population when it comes to social justice and feminism. His opinions on these topics are uninformed and untrustworthy.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Philip of Tealand wrote:The way I see it is this - sure, she's met Stephen, from what I gather he is a lovely bloke - flattery from him would get even me giggly

But - this is the same woman who not only has labelled and pilloried all men as being a potential dangerous rape threat to the point where she openly says she doesn't feel safe anywhere cos men are popping up all over the place asking her name, telling her she is this that and the other. She, as well as Watson have gone out of their way to make sure men are kept on a leash, especially at conferences etc - they are the ones who made up the strict rules and guidelines of "Don't you dare do whatever it is we are imagining you are about to do to me!"

Even to the point of Daddy coming forth to punch people for their lack of civility towards little princess!!

Anyone who has disagreed with that has been utterly bullied and treated with the privileged rudeness that they accuse people like Dawkins of.

Then Colbert gets to call her smokin' hot and its all giggles and swooning.

It stinks.

She can't go around telling all men to fuck off and not talk to her in any way she finds inappropriate and then go and do completely the opposite of it when someone does.

Shows she wasn't being sincere in the first place and all this hysterical bullshit has been for nothing.

Or just plain old cognitive dissonance

I don't care.

I'm glad she had a good time, I'm glad she got to meet someone like Stephen Colbert but for goodness sake, people have been bullied into the ground by her and her ilk because they dared to disagree with her and here she is all gooey with joy.

Grrr I need more Tea.
"Guys, don't do that. Unless you're hot, in which case OMG OMG please worship my udders OMG!!"

AnonymousCowherd

Re: Lies, Liars and Myers

Post by AnonymousCowherd »

Michael K Gray wrote:
AnonymousCowherd wrote:Just so MKG. Anyone remember "Rolling Thunder"?
Mmmm. Doesn't ring a bell. Please elaborate.
I'm showing my age. Again.

It was the name for a substantial bombing campaign in Vietnam. The images sometimes seen on TV of long lines of bombs falling from B52s and then marching across a jungle landscape are from that era.

Dylan just wore a jaunty hat;

http://www.culturefried.com/wp-content/ ... w-Tour.gif

BTW Try this link for The Grauniad http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2012/ ... nce-krauss

TedDahlberg

Post by TedDahlberg »

Because I am an uplifted cyborg penguin, people think I'm inhuman.
Because I am an uplifted cyborg penguin, people run away when I try to assimilate them.
Because I am an uplifted cyborg penguin, all my friends believe me when I say I'll kill them.
Because I am an uplifted cyborg penguin, people literally look down on me when they are standing up.
Because I am an uplifted cyborg penguin, children bully me by crying when they see me.
Because I am an uplifted cyborg penguin, people call me ugly and weird.
Because I am an uplifted cyborg penguin, people stare at me.
Because I am an uplifted cyborg penguin, I can't find clothes that fit me.
Because I am an uplifted cyborg penguin, I was forced out of my job selling tickets at the aquarium.
Because I am an uplifted cyborg penguin, people assume I eat fish.

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

James Onen wrote:Try this. No Facebook needed. I know where you stand, of course. I believe it is your view that philosophers engage in mental wankfests :D . Nonetheless, I thought you'd enjoy the exchange between Baggini and Krauss. I was reminded of a similar exchange you and I had, back at the old pit.
Thankyou.
I am too tired to analyse the interaction in detail, save to observe that the first commenter's response encapsulates my feelings, even if crudely.
I also go into this with some baggage: I have read much of Baggini, especially in his vapid witterings in New Scientist, and I have been following the work of Prof. Krauss scores of years before he was even vaguely "famous", because his solidly-grounded mathematical physics deserved attention.
(Don't forget that I am primarily an applied mathematician and scientist, and not an arts graduate with only a PhD in ranting drivel, or Media Studies, or some such other trivial bullshit discipline as is Julian possesses.)
An authour with a PhD in "a thesis on the philosophy of personal identity" versus a Professor of Physics?
Oh pahleeeeze!

But with that in mind, tomorrow I propose to offer as an unbiased critique as I am able.

James Onen

Post by James Onen »

James Onen wrote:Oh Adam Lee..
With this accumulation of evidence, I've reluctantly come to realize that, whatever his strengths as an advocate for science or atheism, Richard Dawkins is no more enlightened than the general population when it comes to social justice and feminism. His opinions on these topics are uninformed and untrustworthy.
More:
Just as with Thomas Jefferson, who wrote brilliantly about natural rights and human liberty while owning slaves in his own home, we here have a perfect example that all human beings are fallible, and no one's word should be treated as gospel or accepted without skepticism.

Where do we go from here? I honestly don't know. I don't think Richard Dawkins should be blacklisted or any such thing. I do know that I'm probably less likely to buy his books or to watch his speeches than I was before, and I'm certainly less likely to recommend them to people who aren't familiar with atheism. I'd like to see him enlightened, but I think it serves little purpose to attack him. Our time would be more constructively served by finding and promoting people who are better suited to be the public face of the atheist movement.
:?

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

AnonymousCowherd wrote:
Michael K Gray wrote:
AnonymousCowherd wrote:Just so MKG. Anyone remember "Rolling Thunder"?
Mmmm. Doesn't ring a bell. Please elaborate.
I'm showing my age. Again.
It was the name for a substantial bombing campaign in Vietnam. The images sometimes seen on TV of long lines of bombs falling from B52s and then marching across a jungle landscape are from that era.
Ah, the blanket bombing of BOTH North & South Vietnam.
I assumed that you were referring to a specific munition, about which I had not been trained, or had forgotten.
You are not showing your age at all!
For I am of that era.
Indeed: I am showing my disregard for the gist of your overall picture and, like a typical Aspie, focusing on details of the wording, rather than the bigger scope.
My apologies.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Our time would be more constructively served by finding and promoting people who are better suited to be the public face of the atheist movement.
Well, if the best they've done so far is snooty crybaby princess Jenni, dimbulb Rebecca Watson, simpering Surly Amy (42) and Peezus, I can only wish him the best of luck with that.

DW Adams

Post by DW Adams »

Sharing a few graphics made by a member of another forum I frequent:

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u48 ... pimple.jpg

He made this for Jen

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u48 ... yrCard.jpg

And this is how he sees A+

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u48 ... Plus02.jpg

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Tigzy wrote:...dimbulb Rebecca Watson...
That is hardly accurate.
RW is as smart as a fox, and just as cunning.
She ain't 'dim'.
'Parasitic'? Yes.
'Dim'? No way.

The Pelagic Argosy

James Onen wrote:Oh Adam Lee..
(Emphasis mine.)

Yeah, the fucking general population! Why can't they all be Social Justice Wizards like me?

TedDahlberg

Post by TedDahlberg »

James Onen wrote:
More:
Just as with Thomas Jefferson, who wrote brilliantly about natural rights and human liberty while owning slaves in his own home, we here have a perfect example that all human beings are fallible, and no one's word should be treated as gospel or accepted without skepticism.

Where do we go from here? I honestly don't know. I don't think Richard Dawkins should be blacklisted or any such thing. I do know that I'm probably less likely to buy his books or to watch his speeches than I was before, and I'm certainly less likely to recommend them to people who aren't familiar with atheism. I'd like to see him enlightened, but I think it serves little purpose to attack him. Our time would be more constructively served by finding and promoting people who are better suited to be the public face of the atheist movement.
:?
Maybe it's just me, but I read the part that I bolded as tacit admission that the writer (with whom I am entirely unfamiliar) realises how little effect attacks or attempts at blacklisting would have. Though we are dealing with people who are presumably surprised on a daily basis by how few ants challenge them to mortal combat, so who knows.

The Pelagic Argosy

AnonymousCowherd wrote: Dylan just wore a jaunty hat;

[img - Bob Dylan in morris dancer's outfit]
I feel like I just looked into an alternate universe on seeing that. The drugs sure fucking worked in those days.

Philip of Tealand

Post by Philip of Tealand »

So Ophelia said this back in 2011

http://www.butterfliesandwheels.org/201 ... r-parents/

She said this about Wooly recently

http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... w-too-low/

What a hypocrite!

James Onen

Post by James Onen »

Where do we go from here? I honestly don't know. I don't think Richard Dawkins should be blacklisted or any such thing.
I get the impression Adam Lee was trying to equate Dawkins to a slave owner. Or at least imply that Dawkins is just as bad, despite his brilliance.

driveby dustbubble

Post by driveby dustbubble »

Tigzy wrote:
Our time would be more constructively served by finding and promoting people who are better suited to be the public face of the atheist movement.
Well, if the best they've done so far is snooty crybaby princess Jenni, dimbulb Rebecca Watson, simpering Surly Amy (42) and Peezus, I can only wish him the best of luck with that.
Erk. Proprietary much, Adders? Wonder if they'll be balloting the membership any time soon? <holds breath; a tiny bit of wee leaks out>
Reminds me (<tr> <tr> Warning! for NuLaba/oldTory victims) of old Hughie Scanlon and Jack Jones with their block vote shenanigans.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Michael K Gray wrote:
That is hardly accurate.
She ain't 'dim'.
'Parasitic'? Yes.
'Dim'? No way.
'Galileo was executed by the Catholic Church'.

True, in fairness, we've probably all had or still hold a factoid or two which isn't actually true. But it takes a special kind of dim to include such a factoid in a planned presentation, where anyone with an ounce of sense would double check all their assertions beforehand just to be sure their argument and premises are supported.

Philip of Tealand

TedDahlberg wrote:Because I am an uplifted cyborg penguin, people think I'm inhuman.
Because I am an uplifted cyborg penguin, people run away when I try to assimilate them.
Because I am an uplifted cyborg penguin, all my friends believe me when I say I'll kill them.
Because I am an uplifted cyborg penguin, people literally look down on me when they are standing up.
Because I am an uplifted cyborg penguin, children bully me by crying when they see me.
Because I am an uplifted cyborg penguin, people call me ugly and weird.
Because I am an uplifted cyborg penguin, people stare at me.
Because I am an uplifted cyborg penguin, I can't find clothes that fit me.
Because I am an uplifted cyborg penguin, I was forced out of my job selling tickets at the aquarium.
Because I am an uplifted cyborg penguin, people assume I eat fish.
Fantastic! :D

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Tigzy wrote:
Michael K Gray wrote:
That is hardly accurate.
She ain't 'dim'.
'Parasitic'? Yes.
'Dim'? No way.
'Galileo was executed by the Catholic Church'.

True, in fairness, we've probably all had or still hold a factoid or two which isn't actually true. But it takes a special kind of dim to include such a factoid in a planned presentation, where anyone with an ounce of sense would double check all their assertions beforehand just to be sure their argument and premises are supported.
Mr. Speaker: The Honourable Member for Dumfreys & Peebles will be pleased to note that I withdraw my remark in light of his evidence.

TedDahlberg

Post by TedDahlberg »

Michael K Gray wrote: RW is as smart as a fox, and just as cunning.
She ain't 'dim'.
'Parasitic'? Yes.
'Dim'? No way.
I'm telling you:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7r4s ... o1_500.jpg

KarlVonMox

Post by KarlVonMox »

Philip of Tealand wrote:So Ophelia said this back in 2011

What a hypocrite!
Ophelia has never been consistent about what she writes, she just hopes the FfTB followers don't catch on. The above is an example of Parallel Logic 101.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Haven't we been here before?

About four or five years ago, exactly the same sort of argument was being made by another group of atheists who saw themselves as better than those nasty, evil, "new" atheists.
PZ will remember it well because he was then linked to Dawkins as a symbol of all that was wrong with public atheism.
The critics, at the time, were Chris Mooney, Sheril Kirshenbaum and Matt Nisbett - the 'framers' of accomodationism.
Their central argument was that those who were most famous in the atheist community (such as Dawkins and Myers) had a public image, amongst the moderately religious, as 'strident', 'militant', 'extremist' or just plain rude. They wanted Dawkins and Myers to silence themselves for the sake of the political goals of the accomodationist movement - which as far as I can tell didn't include spreading atheism, it was more along the lines of increasing moderate religious support for progressive political ideas; in the case of Mooney and Nisbett, their main goal was the promotion of US political policies that would tackle climate change.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Lord setar referred to ampatheist as a child on twatter, havent got screenshot capabilities as usual.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

I'm not sure you could really call this evidence of hypocrisy.
As far as I can tell, both McCreight and Watson underwent a change in attitudes over the past few years, moving from a more liberal position to their current more hardline feminist stance. If you think organizing an internet event where women show off their breasts in tight clothes is inconsistent with her current position then McCreight would probably be the first to agree with you (she had lots of opposition to the event from feminists at the time - I think Benson was very much opposed.)
PZ himself has made a similar shift in position. Can anyone remember the voting for the female atheist of the year about four years back, when PZ encouraged his supporters to vote for him? (which, if you think about it, shows a contemptuous regard for women in atheism.)
Watson was organizing Bordello parties in Las Vegas a couple of years back (very welcoming to women, I'm sure!) - and who can forget this line - although Rebecca tries hard to do so:
“…watching two hot college girls on a panel fight over the use of humor and controversy to spread the atheistic word. I kept hoping the moderator would suggest we all head upstairs to a hotel room and settle this with a tickle fight.”

That said, they have all changed their positions in the past few years. Charges of hypocrisy are warranted for many aspects of their current behavior and words but it's pointless bringing up their positions from a few years ago.

Philip of Tealand

KarlVonMox wrote:
Philip of Tealand wrote:So Ophelia said this back in 2011

What a hypocrite!
Ophelia has never been consistent about what she writes, she just hopes the FfTB followers don't catch on. The above is an example of Parallel Logic 101.
Best not show them comment #100 then...

http://www.butterfliesandwheels.org/201 ... ment-94135
#100: PZ Myers
June 20, 2011 at 7:53 pm

What can I say? I have a vocal and contentious daughter who has a blog; she often publicly disagrees with me, and people argue with her. She’s a big girl now, though, and I resist the temptation to blast in and try to take over her arguments for her, because she’s able to take care of herself. I trust her to speak for herself, without me holding her hand for her. The thing about Chris Stedman’s mother galloping in to the rescue isn’t that she doesn’t have the right to speak about her son’s views, but that they reveal that she doesn’t have a lot of confidence in her son’s ability to fend for himself. And that makes him look weak.
Gosh, if Ophelia reads that, what would she say to PZ?

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

AnonymousCowherd wrote:
Well, Colbert is a satirist...
Ok, that... that was masterful!

dustbubble

Post by dustbubble »

OK so this little monkey had to go and check out Addo's blog, since he ain't never called me ginger. Yet.
Dodging an unsavoury image of Branson branded with the big think logo (wut?) on the way south, and loo! The comments of the alternately-brained did schyne all aboute!
<Fry squint: not sure if trolling ... ? >
http://i50.tinypic.com/i2u8ex.png
I'd add the works of Homer and Virgilius to that list if I were you Korey petal. And for fuck's sake don't go near Tha Babble.
..if you are already an optimist, you can get what is needful from the book from Adams reviews ..
This, if I'm not mistaken, is the magic peepstone of Baboonology. Avoid the source, love the interpretatio.

dustbubble

Post by dustbubble »

Well sod me slowly with a saveloy, that place of Ad's has some right gems!
Baboon science in action!
Cop a load of this irony-free little twat. :clap:
http://i46.tinypic.com/wtb12g.png
This one is an actual baboon, innit?

John D

Post by John D »

player.vimeo.com/video/46123167?byline= ... g bracket.

Am I big Pinker fan. Here he simply explains the basics. If only most people in the world understood these simple facts... ahhhhhh..... that would be nice.

John D

Post by John D »

Sorry for the lack of embedded url. I am new here. Now I just have to figure out what I did wrong... derf.

The Pelagic Argosy

Za-zen wrote:Lord setar referred to ampatheist as a child on twatter, havent got screenshot capabilities as usual.
http://i.imgur.com/0Say7.png

The Pelagic Argosy

John D wrote:Sorry for the lack of embedded url. I am new here. Now I just have to figure out what I did wrong... derf.
Hi, John. The url goes inside the tag like this: [code][url=http://playe ... nker video[/code]

Which will look like this when posted:
Steven Pinker video

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Thnks pelagic. Its beautiful, its perfectly fine for baboon males to dismiss Ampatheist (a holy fuck female!) and sara mayhew (a holy fuck another female!) as children because they don't buy your bullshit, but when Rhys (a guy) gets referred to as a child by an anti-baboon, its blog posts and rage tears about the ebil sexist ageist slyme trying to bully him of the internets.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Philip of Tealand wrote:
Fucking double standards!

DON'T SPEAK TO ME IN LIFTS, STOP SEXUALISING ME YOU FILTHY MISOGYNIST MEN!!

*Swwwoooooon!* Stephen Colbert said I'm smoking hot!

Which is going to be Jenny? Do you like being sexualised or not?
Oh Dear!

It is not hypocrisy at all people! To label it as such is to play the baboon game. It is quite simply female hypergamy, which is perfectly natural and normal and part of what makes us no different from any animal rutting in the bushes. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypergamy

It is perfectly fine for a higher status male to honk her tits, it is double plus ungood for lower status males to even look at them. It is as simple as that and why she feels unsafe walking the streets of Seattle.

It is not hypocrisy, just hypergamy.

Zhu Wuneng

Post by Zhu Wuneng »

The privilege thread is a riot. The funny thing is, racism, sexism, homophobia, antisemitism, transphobia, et al., are real, but it actually detracts from our ability to deal with them when well-off people try to use them to play "Queen for a Day" or as a rhetorical bludgeon.

I hope my mixed-race daughter never whines like Kassiane. Oh no, people sometimes try to guess your ethnicity! The horror!

I love all the "trigger warnings" too. What, is someone gonna have a 'Nam flashback if they open the wrong thread?

"Charlieeeee!"

JustAtheist

Post by JustAtheist »

I disagree.

The hypocrisy comes in the form of anyone who considers internet trolling which is a form of satire harassment and bullying yet swoons over a person who is paid to be a TV troll through satire.

surreptitious57

Post by surreptitious57 »

Guest wrote:
Dave wrote:
Guest wrote:
Fuck sake! That thread has got to be the most nauseating display of self pity I've ever seen. I think that pedophile is for real too.
But is SkepticallyInclined taking the piss out of them? Or are they really that fucked up. (Sorry, its gotten so I cant tell the players anymore without a scorecard. Yes, I see the Edit 2 but still: a whiner who went to far or a parody? You cannot tell with these guys.)
Looks genuine to me - that person has made 12 posts there & none of the others look like piss takes.
I believe he is genuine and was shocked when I read his first post but then he referenced it again too. I know of no reason why anyone would do that unless to test their tolerance to the absolute, but that is not a problem over there. They are unbelievably egalitarian and to be fair, that should be the natural order of things. The fact that it is not says so much about us as a society.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Zhu Wuneng wrote:The privilege thread is a riot. The funny thing is, racism, sexism, homophobia, antisemitism, transphobia, et al., are real, but it actually detracts from our ability to deal with them when well-off people try to use them to play "Queen for a Day" or as a rhetorical bludgeon.

I hope my mixed-race daughter never whines like Kassiane. Oh no, people sometimes try to guess your ethnicity! The horror!

I love all the "trigger warnings" too. What, is someone gonna have a 'Nam flashback if they open the wrong thread?

"Charlieeeee!"
I have a mixed race child too but got called a racist by Svan and Laden, a while back, for pointing out some standard population genetics about such children. Mixed race children have much less risk of genetic diseases that are common in particular communities - for example cystic fibrosis or tay-sachs. On the other hand they are at higher risk of failing to find a suitable marrow donor in the event they develop leukemia.
Of course mention that to Steff (Dunning-Krueger-plus) Svan and you are acknowledging some biological basis for races and thus are an admitted racist!

Zhu Wuneng

Post by Zhu Wuneng »

Dick Strawkins wrote:
I have a mixed race child too but got called a racist by Svan and Laden, a while back, for pointing out some standard population genetics about such children. Mixed race children have much less risk of genetic diseases that are common in particular communities - for example cystic fibrosis or tay-sachs. On the other hand they are at higher risk of failing to find a suitable marrow donor in the event they develop leukemia.
Of course mention that to Steff (Dunning-Krueger-plus) Svan and you are acknowledging some biological basis for races and thus are an admitted racist!
Wait, you mean that because my wife and I come from groups that developed in relative isolation from each other for thousands of years we might be genetically different? Racist! Too much testosterone has damaged your brain, clearly.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

surreptitious57, can you explain your post on Atheismplus?

Were you trolling or serious?
Is there anyway you can get personal information on them such as mobile numbers or postal addresses? Rrebecca once managed to trace one and disabled his account and he was no more. If they are only small in number would this be a problem? Is it true that anonymity is causing them to do this? Someone here indicated who they are, so I am wondering why not disable them then if you know this? You cannot be putting up with this forever. Something has got to give. Yes, I know Richard gets hate mail too, and it appaarently does not bother him, but we are not talking about him now, are we? It is absolutely ridiculous that atheists cannot just discuss issues without everything else. We are after all supposed to be rational individuals. Anyway, just wondering.

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

Melody Hensley-creature, who was just making fun of Sara for liking shoes, is gushing about how much she loves exfoliation*.

They are allowed to exhibit traditionally feminine traits. But everyone else enjoying traditional feminine hobbies is a joke, or a ploy for male attention.

* Those poor oppressed women with their physician prescribed skin-care regimes and 'fancy electronic exfoliating brush**' for 'skin like a baby'. You 'women' in Zambia who have to turn to prostitution to provide for your family after your husband infects you with HIV and abandons you after you find out, when your baby is born, that you are infected too-- We feel your pain!

** Oh my god a Clarisonic***?? How FANCY! Its only been around for like ten years and pumped on daytime TV by Oprah/Rachael Ray/etc. And YOU have one?? Like millions of other people?? Wow you are so 'fancy'!! Thats like saying an iPod is 'fancy'. The fuck? Oh, and Clarisonic was invented by a MAN, btw. Utilizing a relatively expensive tool invented by a man, explicitly to capitalize on peoples vain anxiety over aging/acne/etc is liek, TOTES FEMINITASTIC! *GIGGLES!!*

*** I have one too. It gets off my whore make-up I put on because I love cock (the only reason why a gender traitor does anything).

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

dustbubble wrote: Not one of the rank bad yins has ever, to my recollection, tried to charm the cheese from the rest of the atheyverse.
http://media.steampowered.com/steamcomm ... 5_full.jpg

surreptitious57

Post by surreptitious57 »

Dick Strawkins wrote:
surreptitious57, can you explain your post on Atheism Plus? Were you trolling or serious?
Is there anyway you can get personal information on them such as mobile numbers or postal addresses? Rebecca once managed to trace one and disabled his account and he was no more. If they are only small in number would this be a problem? Is it true that anonymity is causing them to do this? Someone here indicated who they are, so I am wondering why not disable them then if you know this? You cannot be putting up with this forever. Something has got to give. Yes, I know Richard gets hate mail too, and it appaarently does not bother him, but we are not talking about him now, are we? It is absolutely ridiculous that atheists cannot just discuss issues without everything else. We are after all supposed to be rational individuals. Anyway, just wondering.
Serious about stopping the abuse - yes - serious about posting information online - no - and I never actually suggested that anyway and apart from anything else, it is against the rules. I was actually referencing it of the authorities. My reason for suggesting it was to put a stop to all the abuse which has been going on now I believe for fifteen months. It starts to get tiresome very quiclkly. As atheists we are supposed to be logical and reasoned beings, but those attributes seem to be in rather short supply, and this is on both sides. I do not see it ending until those perpetrating it cease and that will not happen until or unless they want it to

I personally do not care what individuals post online but when it starts to affect someones mental health something has got to give. But asking those doing it to stop, will not produce the desired result unfortunately, You may say they need to take it as good as they can give it but no one should be taking or giving anything here. I see no end to this, and it will just carry on regardless. Which is a shame for those like myself who much prefer debate to abuse. But one thing I have learned in my life: do not assume everyone sees the world the same as you do, because they most certainly do not

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

surreptitious57 wrote:I personally do not care what individuals post online but when it starts to affect someones mental health something has got to give.
Someone elses health, 'mental' or otherwise, is not my responsibility.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

surreptitious57 wrote:Serious about stopping the abuse - yes - serious about posting information online - no - and I never actually suggested that anyway and apart from anything else, it is against the rules. I was actually referencing it of the authorities. My reason for suggesting it was to put a stop to all the abuse which has been going on now I believe for fifteen months. It starts to get tiresome very quiclkly. As atheists we are supposed to be logical and reasoned beings, but those attributes seem to be in rather short supply, and this is on both sides. I do not see it ending until those perpetrating it cease and that will not happen until or unless they want it to
I am curious, do you have any examples of abuse? I would like see some because all I have see so far is the standard comments you get from retards on youtube etc.

I subscribe to the "if you can not take the heat stay out of the kitchen". Tits or GTFO etc. etc.
surreptitious57 wrote: I personally do not care what individuals post online but when it starts to affect someones mental health something has got to give. But asking those doing it to stop, will not produce the desired result unfortunately, You may say they need to take it as good as they can give it but no one should be taking or giving anything here. I see no end to this, and it will just carry on regardless. Which is a shame for those like myself who much prefer debate to abuse. But one thing I have learned in my life: do not assume everyone sees the world the same as you do, because they most certainly do not
If you have mental health issues then stay the fuck off the internet. If you want to "white knight" for someone that is your problem, not mine.

I would not dream of shutting down the baboon board (way too much entertainment), but if someone is going to have mental health issues after reading any of their comments then it is time to up their meds.

Because if I understand you correctly, you are indirectly proposing to silence the baboons. And there is no way I would support that.

clod

Post by clod »

Australian Skeptics National Convention 2012, Melbourne 30 Nov - 2 Dec
http://vicskeptics.wordpress.com/events/ascon2012/

A national and international star studded array of presenters include James “The Amazing” Randi, DJ Grothe (President of the James Randi Foundation), Brian Thompson (Outreach Coordinator of JREF), Rebecca Watson (SGU blogger).......

:roll:

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

I've gained about a hundred fucktons of added sympathy for MRAs today. Make that a thousand fucktons!

Domestic situation with a lot of parallels to what men get from petulent women who have parasitically attached themselves to them. Also sympathy for the ones who stay longer than they should have with these types of woman.

I thank all the gods I don't believe in, that this was never a sexual or married situation, or I'd be so fucked right now with divorce or palimony losses like you wouldn't believe!

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Ted, who were the good Ga'oulds? I can't remember their name. They were a rebel group who did good shit instead of bad shit. Samantha's father became one.

That was a great show, StarGate. I think I might get the series on DVD one of these days.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

As for Colbert calling Horsey-Face "smoking hot"? Bwaaahaahaahaahaa. Thank you, I needed a laugh.

Mr Danksworth

Post by Mr Danksworth »

clod wrote:Australian Skeptics National Convention 2012, Melbourne 30 Nov - 2 Dec
http://vicskeptics.wordpress.com/events/ascon2012/

A national and international star studded array of presenters include James “The Amazing” Randi, DJ Grothe (President of the James Randi Foundation), Brian Thompson (Outreach Coordinator of JREF), Rebecca Watson (SGU blogger).......

:roll:
Hmm they tend to say 'cunt' a lot over there don't they? Poor Becky-Boo's head will implode from the onslaught of misogyny.

clod

Post by clod »

I don't think she'll be safe...best not go :naughty:

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

ERV wrote:
surreptitious57 wrote:I personally do not care what individuals post online but when it starts to affect someones mental health something has got to give.
Someone elses health, 'mental' or otherwise, is not my responsibility.
Says the virologist...

/snark

Spence

Post by Spence »

AndrewV69 wrote:If you have mental health issues then stay the fuck off the internet.
I confess to getting all squeamish and politically correct when I read this. Although I might be misreading it.

The internet is a valuable resource for everyone, mental health issues or not. People who have real mental health issues should only "stay off the internet" if their professional healthcare provider recommends it. (Although self-diagnosed trips to the whaaambulance don't add up to "mental health issues" in my mind)

I would phrase it differently. If you choose to become the public face of political activism, be prepared to take criticism in all forms - including mockery. If you can't handle that, then don't become the public face of political activism. That *is* a choice that people make, for which they have to accept the consequences.

(Political activism can take many forms, and whining vacuous drivel on the internet is one of them)
AndrewV69 wrote:Because if I understand you correctly, you are indirectly proposing to silence the baboons. And there is no way I would support that.
Now this is a statement I can agree with. I don't agree with what the baboons say, but I would gladly fight for their right to say it. (And, of course, my right to subject it to the mockery it deserves)

sacha

Post by sacha »

John D wrote:Sorry for the lack of embedded url. I am new here. Now I just have to figure out what I did wrong... derf.
Hi John! Lovely of you to finally join us.

dustbubble

Post by dustbubble »

Bhoy! You complete and utter arse!
Where was my trigger warning?
I think I just shat a two-legged horse ..

GenerallyFading

Post by GenerallyFading »

Scented Nectar wrote:Ted, who were the good Ga'oulds? I can't remember their name. They were a rebel group who did good shit instead of bad shit. Samantha's father became one.

That was a great show, StarGate. I think I might get the series on DVD one of these days.
The Tokra. Had to go and look it up, it was bugging me.....