Periodic Table of Swearing

Old subthreads
KiwiInOz

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Post by KiwiInOz »

decius wrote:"A normal person consumes around 0.5 millibraytons a day."

"The 2012 locust invasion was the largest ever - damage was estimated in neighbourhood of one brayton."
You're right. I should have checked the SI units page straight away.

welch

Post by welch »

Darren wrote:Meanwhile, on the A+ thunderf00t thread.
trinioler wrote:
kitsy wrote:Amazingly, white/atheist/male may actually have insights on how to best deal with oppression. Just like white/theist/female and (fill in the blank)/(fill in the blank)/(fill in the blank).
Did you just really say that white able-bodied, NT, straight, cis, male, middle class or better, and educated people know better about marginalization and oppression than the people actually suffering it?
What is it with the whole "did you really just say <<strawman>>?" thing these guys seem to think is a good argument?
I want just one to say "Fuck Honkies. They're all stupid. Fucking honkies don't even know what Honkies want. MItt Romney, honkie McHonkinstein, and he still lost. Honkies is stupid, throw rocks at their asses"

I mean besides me. I say that all the time.

DownThunder

Post by DownThunder »

welch wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:
Tkmlac wrote:Am I the only one who likes Drama Llama?
I prefer hostility llama. Totes random.

Fuck all of it. Drama Queen. The rest sound like that cutesy shit Ubuntu does.
How about Hysteria Princess? I cant foresee any offense with that phrase.

welch

Post by welch »

Lsuoma wrote:[spoiler]Test[/spoiler]
[spoiler]my dick[/spoiler]

welch

Post by welch »

Dick Strawkins wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:OK, I think it may be fixed. I was missing a brangle.
http://bettylou.zzruss.com/banglesbiography.jpg

My favorite was always Susanna Hoffs.
Lamer. Michael Steele. Saw them live once. Awesome shit.

welch

Post by welch »

deedee wrote:So, now seems as good a time as any to take the plunge and say hi, Slymepitters!

Despite being in possession of a vagina I became disenchanted with PZ and his merry band of sycophants shortly after the Elevatorgate affair, and have been lurking at the 'pit (blog and forum) since then. You all should be applauded :clap: for keeping the spotlight pointed at the baboons and baboon wannabes as they galumph (love that word, Renee, thanks for reminding me of it!) about, spraying their whining, hypocritical graffiti all over the online atheist community.

And in the hope of contributing something of substance to this thread, it has occurred to me that the common trait shared by many of the A+ brigade is a deeply ingrained childishness, because of which they are made hysterical by perceived "meanness" (only when directed at the underprivileged or certain approved privileged allies, of course, everyone else can be told to go and do unspeakable things to a porcupine). Falsely flagging YouTube videos or Twitter accounts is the exact equivalent of the six-year-old's coup de grace "I'm telling on youuuuu", is it not?
Substance schmubstance. Here's my substance:

yes, I am THAT amused by this.

Altair

Post by Altair »

On WB's latest video about Melodramatic Melody, commenter whoareyoutalkingto1 suggested checking out
the FB group for Atheist Ireland, mentioned a couple times in Michael Nugent's article.

Over there, someone posted TFoot's video and Nugent himself posted a link to his blog.

Things don't seem to be going too well for Nugent's ideas at his facebook group.

In the comments about TF's video, I didn't notice anyone who seemed to agree with him, and most of the comments are an interesting conversation between two other users with the occasional comment by Nugent that don't get a lot of attention.

And a user named Declan Lyons wrote a very nice and long comment about Nugent's post (I include the whole comment inside a spoiler tag and some short snippets outside)
Declan Lyons wrote: Your article was well-written and comendable, (even if it ignored other forms of online hatred, such as misandry, racism, homophobia and transphobia,) but to people who raised this moronic furore read like it, "misogyny, misogyny, misogyny, hatred of women online, and they used to it support their claim that misogyny is rife within the atheist community
(About Amy)
Declan Lyons wrote: Other atheist leaders have received hate-mail and death threats as a result of their atheism. They have attended debates where they were overwhelmingly despsised. Richard Dawkins's appearance on The Late-Late Show is one of the milder examples that spring to mind, so your argument that her feelings were hurt doesn't get any sympathy from me
(About RW)
Declan Lyons wrote: So does TF have a point when he refers to her as a professional victim? Very much so. I also find it funny that as she recounts her persoanl ordeal of abuse, the only time her smile fades is when she states "I've also been called a liar." She quite cheerfully recollects all of the so-called harassment she's suffered, but only when she mentions her lack of crediblity does she have a negative emotional response.
(About Melody)
Declan Lyons wrote: Melody Hensley blocked people on Twitter who had never even posted anything about her. This is not a sane and rational thing to do. This is the knee-jerk reaction of a child. And someone called her a douchebag in a video? So what? She's a big girl
So I would say Nugent doesn't fare very well even in his home turf.

[spoiler]I have some problems with this post, too, Michael.

Point 2. You know exactly what he means, Michael. You're using a straw man. You know very well what TF means when he's referring to the secular community. He means the leaders within it. He know more means the volunteers who carry out the day-to-day running of an secular organization then someone who is against American foreign policy means an American citizen when they criticize the US.

He also mentioned you as you wrote your article in response to what was happening at the time within the community, and your article was a broad attack at hatred online, (Sorry hatred at women; because hatred of men doesn't happen. You know, things like Skepchicon where the male brain was described as a female brain damaged by testosterone.) Your article was well-written and comendable, (even if it ignored other forms of online hatred, such as misandry, racism, homophobia and transphobia,) but to people who raised this moronic furore read like it, "misogyny, misogyny, misogyny, hatred of women online, and they used to it support their claim that misogyny is rife within the atheist community. Even though, in both articles, the issue of sexism at conferences wasn't addressed, and some of your examples had nothing to do with the community and one was an example of online bullying where girls were culpable. You wrote two non-answers to the issue at hand at they were used to bolster an agenda.

Point 3. "[Amy Roth Davis] is a person with the same emotional vulnerabilities as most people, and she and her mother left the conference early."

Obviously not, Michael. She suffered mockery as a result of Skepchicks' stance against their percieved misogyny at conferences. Attendance of women dropped at TAM as a result, so the fact that she sells some of her her artwork to send women to conferences is a ridiculous point to raise. Other atheist leaders have received hate-mail and death threats as a result of their atheism. They have attended debates where they were overwhelmingly despsised. Richard Dawkins's appearance on The Late-Late Show is one of the milder examples that spring to mind, so your argument that her feelings were hurt doesn't get any sympathy from me. If people want to voice their disaproval, they are free to do so. If she doesn't like it she always has the option of leaving, which she availed of. Your right about one thing, though. We should be aiming higher to make women feel welcome. Challenging the lie that women will be entering a hornets nest of slobbering men who see them, as PZ Myers puts it, as f***-toys is a start.

Point 4. You address TF's 'attack' on Rebecca Watson, quoting him saying “Well, take for instance the professional victims, who went from conference to conference telling people each time that the sexual harassment at those conferences was so bad that they were literally putting their lives on the line merely by turning up…” You then post a link to the full video, most of which I've seen before but no in its entirity. So I was shocked to see that her talk is actually called "Theocracy v. Humanism." If I had to guess the name of the address I'd still be here next year none the wiser. So does TF have a point when he refers to her as a professional victim? Very much so. I also find it funny that as she recounts her persoanl ordeal of abuse, the only time her smile fades is when she states "I've also been called a liar." She quite cheerfully recollects all of the so-called harassment she's suffered, but only when she mentions her lack of crediblity does she have a negative emotional response.

Point 5 & 6. Your right that PZ would not make those comments today. He wouldn't want to be seen as the hypocite he is. Now, compare his statements to the tweet made by the man RW had fired for threatening to "sexually harass" her. You went some way to explain and justify PZ's comments, even if you did concede that they were inapropriate. So I ask you, is this comment worth being fired for? http://anotherfeministblog.files.wordpr ... ivator.jpg

Point 7. The word atheist means non-belief in a god or gods. Any negative connotations of immorality that were associated were due to that simple definition and people's imputations upon hearing it. I personally take exception to any alteration in the meaning of the one word that sums up my non-belief to include any new labels that I may not identify with. The debate of the definition of this word goes beyond PZ's comments, with the attempted hijacking of it by Atheism + also an issue that bothered me.

Point 8. The right to say things that offend people. Atheism + quickly decended into an echo chamber where any dissenting opinions were removed by the moderators. This is also true to a lesser extent on Pharyngula. And let's not forget, TF was promised free reign of his posts on Freethough Blogs, and was soon stifled by PZ. He then made public the discussions regarding his sacking from FtB. Maybe there isn't a problem of freedom of expression pervading the secular community, but there is definitely one with some of it's key figures. You may cite a difference in discussion in public spaces and private fora, but if we in the secular community are going to talk the talk, we sure as hell better walk the walk, or we risk being ridiculed by opposing factions, and not censor opinions simply because we don't like with them.

Point 9. Melody Hensley blocked people on Twitter who had never even posted anything about her. This is not a sane and rational thing to do. This is the knee-jerk reaction of a child. And someone called her a douchebag in a video? So what? She's a big girl. Is this enough to start a flagging campaign in order to censor her video? Defininately not, in my opinion.

This is the link to a voice for boys... http://www.avoiceforboys.com/

It was started By The Woolly Bumble Bee in response to a lack of such facilities for boys, which was highlighted after her girls' school decided to donate their annual funds raised by a charity event to Because I am a Girl, a charity which only provides for girls in the third world, instead of Brick by Brick, their usual choice, which provides for both girls and boys in such countries. Those little African boys must have it good. If there is anything sexist about A Voice for Boys please let me know, because I've just read their webpage and there doesn't seem to be a single sexist comment on it. Also, I've been following the A Voice For Men since the Warren Ferrell incident at U of T and they certainly don't strike me as a dark misogynistic parody. I challenge you and any other member here to read their articles and challenge them on any disagreement you have. They will not censor you like Atheism + and if you want to see a dark sexist parody I'd suggest browsing Radfem hub and making a comparison. Also google Radfem Hub/Agent Orange.

You might get inspired to address hatred of men, ethnicity,homosexuals and transexuals next time you right a blog about hatred online. You know? Like when Greg Laden suggested that all men have a rape switch, which means that men like me, and you, might snap at any minute and go on a rape spree.

Or maybe hatred online really is only aimed at women?[/spoiler]

welch

Post by welch »

Za-zen wrote:I'm getting fucking worried the ratio female to male of new posters, has to have made this a female dominated space. Fuck that, time for a mysoginist take back! This is the pyt! Don't you know we're a women hating hatey hate site.

How the fuck are we going to remain a credible hatesite with all these women running round using their own fucking brains.
easy, just [spoiler]your dick[/spoiler]

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

welch wrote:
Substance schmubstance. Here's my substance:

yes, I am THAT amused by this.
Small things, etc, etc.

welch

Post by welch »

codelette wrote:Went to Skepchick to get my lulz-on. So, it seems that Heina is trying to lose weight via low carbing. In the comments, Marilove writes...
http://i.imgur.com/xINan.png

lol. This bitch ever meet a poor person from a bad neighborhood?
Jesus. Just do something other than fingering your computer. Also...you can afford a computer and internet access, but not a decent pair of shoes?

Eucliwood

Post by Eucliwood »

Lsuoma wrote: Karma would be for posters, not posts. So Abbie, franc, SN, welch, etc., would have their karma at or close to zero, while colon and some of our other favourites would be up in the stratosphere.

Up-voting posts might be helpful though, especially if one could search by rating.
Yeah, actually I said a feature similar tot hat would be useful - (to star, like, or favorite certain posts). Pretty please?

welch

Post by welch »

Eucliwood wrote:
Parge wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:Also, I may add Karma - what do people think?
Part of me says, "Yay! now I can send props to the erudite and clever without having to type 'LOL' or '^^THIS!!!'"

The other part of me says, "Fuck no! What is this? Reddit? Goddamn popularity contest! Fuck. That. Period."

I can't decide which voice will make people like me less. I can't decide if I care. I do love convenience. That and lurking. Are we going to be handing out OWCOAs?
Well, just remember there is no difference between giving someone nonverbal approval and taking the time to make a post about the approval - if one is a popularity contest, so is the other.
John Greg wrote:By the way, off-topic and apropos of nothing, did ya'll know that Flewellyn of A+ infamy, is a registered member here?

I do not think s/h/it's posted anything though.
EWWW are you SERIOUS? I wanna message it. And poke at it with a stick. You hear that, Flewellyn? If it really is you?

Hey Flewellyn, I got some candy for you...
[spoiler]Nah, it's my dick[/spoiler]

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

Eucliwood wrote:
Cunning Punt wrote: Of course it is you stupid twat. Go for a walk.
Some people do "go for walks" but it takes diet changes as well.. and not everyone has the time or energy to do some hardcore working out 3x a week. Motivation's also an issue.. "man, when I get off, I also have to go exercise.. urgh." &when you literally set a time for it, you recognize that that is a chunk of time out of your day. Having a set schedule for *anything* can suck the cool out of it.. even playing a cool board game. I recommend just doing it whenever - in between breaks, spontaneously, etc... not setting a time to go out for a walk. You'll hardly notice how much you've walked then.

And Renee Hendricks, sometimes people are from European countries... defense is defence... realize is realise... etc.
Yeah, but last time I checked, exercise is always exercise. I could be wrong (thinking not, however).

welch

Post by welch »

Tkmlac wrote:I've taught developmentally disabled adults to exercise with nothing more than a chair, a beach ball and hand weights. There's no excuse.
pretty much. Melissa hates running, so she found a program she does in her office. Squats and situps to start, she'll add pushups in a bit. The only reason these twats won't exercise is because they don't really want to. Spine the fuck up and admit it. Morons.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

codelette wrote:Went to Skepchick to get my lulz-on. So, it seems that Heina is trying to lose weight via low carbing. In the comments, Marilove writes...

Fucking nuts. These people simply cannot get through the day without picking every goddamned thing apart to find something to whine about. Feeling downtrodden and put-upon is like oxygen to them.

It's a contest to them. A race to the bottom of the emotional barrel so they can see who is the Butthurt Emo Drama Queen for a Day.

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/dailymust ... -a-day.jpg

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

FTR, yes, I know - defense is often spelled defence and there are a few other words where we Merikans spell it with an "s" and other countries spell it with a "c". I've yet (until today) seen "exercise" spelled "exersize".

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

JackRayner wrote:Seeing so many atheist, to include a few that I used to admire, fall to the same cheap tricks and appeals that they ridiculed the theists and creationists for has been one hell of a learning experience....
QFT

Cunning Punt

Post by Cunning Punt »

another lurker wrote:I am sorry, but if this is going to be a forum where I am not deserving of hugs, I am going to have to leave!

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Very funny:

"you have failed an audition for vulcan starfleet officer"
So you have completely caught up :D

The original thread has been taken down but someone here has archived it. It's unbelievable.

welch

Post by welch »

another lurker wrote:I am sorry, but if this is going to be a forum where I am not deserving of hugs, I am going to have to leave!

Very funny:

You can hug this:

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Lsuoma, my vote: No karma thingy.

welch

Post by welch »

Tigzy wrote:
Eucliwood wrote:
Some people do "go for walks" but it takes diet changes as well.. and not everyone has the time or energy to do some hardcore working out 3x a week. Motivation's also an issue.. "man, when I get off, I also have to go exercise.. urgh." &when you literally set a time for it, you recognize that that is a chunk of time out of your day. Having a set schedule for *anything* can suck the cool out of it.. even playing a cool board game. I recommend just doing it whenever - in between breaks, spontaneously, etc... not setting a time to go out for a walk. You'll hardly notice how much you've walked then.

And Renee Hendricks, sometimes people are from European countries... defense is defence... realize is realise... etc.
http://daphnecaruanagalizia.com/wp-cont ... gers-2.jpg
"Here I am drinking AND not giving a fuck at the same time!"

welch

Post by welch »

KiwiInOz wrote:
welch wrote: I share too much of a name with Jack Welch formerly of GE, and some others. Also, 7+ years in the AF, that's just how I always write my name.
Yeah. I did a quick google search for your book on ipads and business, and the returns were all of Jack and/or Raquel.
Yep. The C. is helpful for that reason. Also, "bynkii" is a good search term for me.

welch

Post by welch »

ReneeHendricks wrote:FTR, yes, I know - defense is often spelled defence and there are a few other words where we Merikans spell it with an "s" and other countries spell it with a "c". I've yet (until today) seen "exercise" spelled "exersize".
but "cunt" is constant.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

decius wrote:
Tkmlac wrote:I've taught developmentally disabled adults to exercise with nothing more than a chair, a beach ball and hand weights. There's no excuse.
You can be sure that she makes up for the lack of exercise by eating like a brayton.
Hmmm, I thought "brayton" was a unit of measurement. One millibrayton, for example, equals one double cheeseburger dipped in batter and then deep-fried.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

KiwiInOz wrote:
decius wrote: You can be sure that she makes up for the lack of exercise by eating like a brayton.
So is a Bray-ton now an accepted unit of weight? Like, shit-loads and sweet fuck all?
Just make it metric so it sounds more sciency and shit.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Cunning Punt wrote:

Very funny:

So you have completely caught up :D

The original thread has been taken down but someone here has archived it. It's unbelievable.
I have not read -everything-, but based on the available evidence, I believe it is safe to assume that A+ers are nothing but attention seeking whores who invent reasons to feel victimized and gain even more attention.

Cunning Punt

Post by Cunning Punt »

ReneeHendricks wrote:
Eucliwood wrote:

Yeah, but last time I checked, exercise is always exercise. I could be wrong (thinking not, however).
You are right.

Speaking of exercise, does anyone else go snowshoeing? I am privileged enough to own a pair of second hand snow shoes that I got from Play It Again Sports and I went for a saunter around the local reservoir tonight. Fucking awesome exercise, low impact, great views over the city and I really worked my butt cheeks. Highly recommend it if there is snow where you live.

Git

Post by Git »

another lurker wrote:deedee wrote:
Thanks for the welcome! And Za-zen, I apologize for brazenly entering your safe space (hurr) and will remember to check my privilege in future...
Every chance I get, I am now telling my boyfriend to -check your privilege-.
Good show. After all, testicular cancer is dangerous.

(my privilege is currently hanging to the left. TMI?)

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Tigzy wrote:
[spoiler]http://i.imgur.com/xINan.png[/spoiler]

:lol: If a fat, arthritic, smoking, bone-idle cunt like me can muster up the willpower to go out running regularly, Heina the Heifer has got no excuses. Be honest, sweetheart - you're a lazy, landlocked walrus, and you just can't accept it's your own fault. Fatty.
As someone who had to will his way back into his routine after the incident with what I will now refer to as "The Dillahunty Driver", bikes 50 miles a week minimum, summer, winter rain and snow, in accordance with Rule # 17 "If you bike in bad weather you are a badass, period", which is a subset of Rule # 9 "Toughen the fuck up". lifts weights 3 days a week MWF and does cardio rowing TTH and, just today, biked 10 miles, did an hour on the rowing machine and put in a full day where I just woke up from a dead sleep after eating a Lean Cuisine for dinner, I must say:

It's not worth it. Have another brownie you fat, whiny slag.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Git wrote:
another lurker wrote:deedee wrote:
Thanks for the welcome! And Za-zen, I apologize for brazenly entering your safe space (hurr) and will remember to check my privilege in future...
Every chance I get, I am now telling my boyfriend to -check your privilege-.
Good show. After all, testicular cancer is dangerous.

(my privilege is currently hanging to the left. TMI?)
Git, you should also take the opportunity to check welch's privilege for him. He has been flashing it to everyone over the last few pages!

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

cuninng punt wrote:
Speaking of exercise, does anyone else go snowshoeing?
I am starting this year. I just walked 8.5 k through the snow a couple of weeks ago. I did about 2k of it through 2-4 feet of snow in the middle of the night, out in the woods. Long story...but I am tougher than I thought.

AnonymousCowherd

Post by AnonymousCowherd »

Lsuoma wrote:
AbsurdWalls wrote: I could see Karma working as a way of flagging particularly good posts that might then be stuck somewhere else. Like little nuggets of gold panned out of the slime.
Karma would be for posters, not posts. So Abbie, franc, SN, welch, etc., would have their karma at or close to zero, while colon and some of our other favourites would be up in the stratosphere.

Up-voting posts might be helpful though, especially if one could search by rating.
So Abbie etc would be "karma lamas"?

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

welch wrote:
JTC wrote: We need a OM but it'll be OWCOA. Best poster of the month gets to put it behind his name but only if they think we actually give a fuck.
The first one that does gets mocked into a sad pile of ash.
Oooh, good idea. The "winner" should also have to sport an incredibly embarrassing avatar for the month. Good way to mock those stupid OMs.

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd24 ... 84fbbb.jpg

AnonymousCowherd

welch wrote:
Doubleplusgood

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

another lurker wrote:cuninng punt wrote:
I am starting this year. I just walked 8.5 k through the snow a couple of weeks ago. I did about 2k of it through 2-4 feet of snow in the middle of the night, out in the woods. Long story...but I am tougher than I thought.
to clarify, I walked that 8.5k -without- the benefit of snowshoes.

next time I go out, it will be with the snowshoes

I got some nice ones, made in Seattle, by http://cascadedesigns.com/msr

Lightweight, and a good price too, only 120$

Lifestime warranty ftw.

peterb

Post by peterb »

@Mykeru:

I thought rule 5 was "Harden the fuck up" and rule 9 was the bad weather rule!

windy

Post by windy »

Dilurk wrote:
windy wrote: The patriarchy made me do it.
Do you still have both kidneys?
Not sure, let me check my having-both-kidneys privilege.

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

welch wrote:

Jesus. Just do something other than fingering your computer. Also...you can afford a computer and internet access, but not a decent pair of shoes?
I'm confused. Why is Eddie Izzard posting on Skepchick complaining about not being able to exercise? Doesn't he run marathons?

Tkmlac

Post by Tkmlac »

Gumby wrote:
welch wrote:
JTC wrote: We need a OM but it'll be OWCOA. Best poster of the month gets to put it behind his name but only if they think we actually give a fuck.
Oooh, good idea. The "winner" should also have to sport an incredibly embarrassing avatar for the month. Good way to mock those stupid OMs.

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd24 ... 84fbbb.jpg
*ahem* Where is Nelson's fedora?

AnonymousCowherd

welch wrote:
Za-zen wrote:I'm getting fucking worried the ratio female to male of new posters, has to have made this a female dominated space. Fuck that, time for a mysoginist take back! This is the pyt! Don't you know we're a women hating hatey hate site.

How the fuck are we going to remain a credible hatesite with all these women running round using their own fucking brains.
easy, just [spoiler]your dick[/spoiler]
Especially since even the wimminz are having pissing contests.

franc

Post by franc »

Disseminate as you see fit -

[spoiler]http://i.imgur.com/wH9p8.jpg[/spoiler]

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Tkmlac wrote: *ahem* Where is Nelson's fedora?
I ran out, but I'm expecting a shipment tomorrow.

AnonymousCowherd

ReneeHendricks wrote:FTR, yes, I know - defense is often spelled defence and there are a few other words where we Merikans spell it with an "s" and other countries spell it with a "c". I've yet (until today) seen "exercise" spelled "exersize".
Maybe they meant their weight, as in xxersize".

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Tkmlac wrote: *ahem* Where is Nelson's fedora?
Here, does this help?

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd24 ... ff7f86.jpg

cunt

Post by cunt »

[
Lsuoma wrote: Karma would be for posters, not posts. So Abbie, franc, SN, welch, etc., would have their karma at or close to zero, while colon and some of our other favourites would be up in the stratosphere.
Sounds useful. Its actually amazing that we managed to spot Oolon was full of shit without it.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Eucliwood wrote:
Parge wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:Also, I may add Karma - what do people think?
Part of me says, "Yay! now I can send props to the erudite and clever without having to type 'LOL' or '^^THIS!!!'"

The other part of me says, "Fuck no! What is this? Reddit? Goddamn popularity contest! Fuck. That. Period."

I can't decide which voice will make people like me less. I can't decide if I care. I do love convenience. That and lurking. Are we going to be handing out OWCOAs?
Well, just remember there is no difference between giving someone nonverbal approval and taking the time to make a post about the approval - if one is a popularity contest, so is the other.
Yes, there is a difference if the stats on up-voting can be searched.

DownThunder

Post by DownThunder »

Cunning Punt wrote:Speaking of exercise, does anyone else go snowshoeing? I am privileged enough to own a pair of second hand snow shoes that I got from Play It Again Sports and I went for a saunter around the local reservoir tonight. Fucking awesome exercise, low impact, great views over the city and I really worked my butt cheeks. Highly recommend it if there is snow where you live.
Privileged cunt. Its over 100 degrees fahrenheit in Australia right now.

Northern hemisphere christmas attire are some of the most absurd things to be imported here.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

peterb wrote:@Mykeru:

You fucker - I saw your avatar and the first thing I could think of was "What in the name of all that's fucked up is Setar doing here?"

Cunning Punt

Post by Cunning Punt »

another lurker wrote:

Lifestime warranty ftw.
Cool. Which model?
1 mile in snowshoes is 2-4 foot of snow is the equivalent of about 2-3 miles of regular walking IME (admittedly limited so far).

codelette

Post by codelette »

This guy obviously listened to Marilove's advice
[youtube]qX9FSZJu448[[/youtube]

I decided to start doing P90X three weeks ago. You know what pushed me to suck it up and finish my workouts? There's a guy with a fake leg jumping higher than me.

codelette

Post by codelette »

PS. the video!
[youtube]qX9FSZJu448[/youtube]

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Damn, you're good. I couldn't be bothered to look up the actual numbers:

Velominati The Rules

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

codelette wrote:You know what pushed me to suck it up and finish my workouts? There's a guy with a fake leg jumping higher than me.
Damn, looks like I pulled the trigger on the Nelson Muntz "HA! HA!" graphic prematurely.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Cunning Punt wrote: [spoiler]
another lurker wrote:

Lifestime warranty ftw.
[/spoiler]

Cool. Which model?
1 mile in snowshoes is 2-4 foot of snow is the equivalent of about 2-3 miles of regular walking IME (admittedly limited so far).

http://cascadedesigns.com/msr/snowshoes/trek/category

cheapest, cuz im a noobie

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Oh and

Rule #81 // Don’t talk it up.
Crashes may only be discussed and recounted when the rider or spectator has ended up requiring hospitalization. Otherwise revert to Rule #5.

And I have a semi-literate note from GWU trauma to prove it.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

cunning punt: http://cascadedesigns.com/msr/snowshoes ... vo/product

this one, specifically

welch

Post by welch »

Mykeru wrote:

Damn, you're good. I couldn't be bothered to look up the actual numbers:

Velominati The Rules
The weather one has to be adjusted for places like FL and the desert. Fuck, if you avoided oven-hot days here, you'd never leave the house.

Dilurk

Post by Dilurk »

windy wrote:
Dilurk wrote:
windy wrote: The patriarchy made me do it.
Do you still have both kidneys?
Not sure, let me check my having-both-kidneys privilege.
Oh good. Not that kind of chill girl then.

codelette

Post by codelette »

Gumby wrote:
codelette wrote:You know what pushed me to suck it up and finish my workouts? There's a guy with a fake leg jumping higher than me.
Damn, looks like I pulled the trigger on the Nelson Muntz "HA! HA!" graphic prematurely.
Don't you Nelson Muntz my P90X!

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

codelette wrote:PS. the video!
[youtube]qX9FSZJu448[/youtube]
What a loser! If he'd continued to sit around feeling powerless, he would have started to lose limbs within a few years. And thus LOSE PRIVILEGE, which is his duty as a menz.

That cunt should have stayed fat and inactive until he was a fucking egg, being rolled around by his family. Only then would he have been able to say: "Yes. Now I know how the wimminz feel."