Periodic Table of Swearing

Old subthreads
real horrorshow

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Post by real horrorshow »

Big trouble for vultures in India as I'm sure most folk know. A 97-99% population drop due to dicoflenac poisoning. Banning the chemical in rural India has proved predictably useless. So it's captive breeding:
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8469/8075 ... e44558.jpg
Even when this young, vultures are virtually cute-free.

papillon

Post by papillon »

JackRayner wrote:Do you (or anyone reading) know of some good documentaries on vultures? I'm having a surprisingly difficult time finding anything. I'm not finding anything on Netflix or on Top Documentary Films, and the longest I can find on youtube is a 16 minute video. :/
Any good?
[youtube]OHcrAm8-gr8[/youtube]

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Butters wrote:
I think I spotted him.

Which one is Josh?

http://i.imgur.com/WcEDY.jpg
The one next to Lord Percy.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

real horrorshow wrote:http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8049/8075 ... 9921a7.jpg

Whoah there! Who was it who brought this up in the first place? Who was it who complained only about her own fee fees with no thought for poor wanker? Pah!
Oh, you know that since none of these jackals can ever admit to error, they have no choice but to try to turn it around and make it look like we're the bad guys.

So let me get this straight. Jen McCreight, the leader of an alleged social justice movement, shows utter revulsion while mocking a mentally ill homeless man, all so she can get some lols from the bootlickers on her Twitter feed. She gets called out for her callousness and lack of concern for this person, so naturally it's our fault, because, like, we're using him or something. But McCreight wasn't using this homeless man to get laughs on her Twitter feed, no siree bob... because, well, patriarchy or something. OK I got it now.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

real horrorshow wrote:A 97-99% population drop due to dicoflenac poisoning. Banning the chemical in rural India has proved predictably useless. So it's captive breeding:
I have to take diclofenac when I get tendonitis. Thank fuck I'm not a vulture.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Double rainbow! One just happened about 20 minutes ago. The video is rendering as I type. Quite something.

Post by Guest »

KiwiInOz wrote:
Butters wrote:
I think I spotted him.

Which one is Josh?

http://i.imgur.com/WcEDY.jpg
The one next to Lord Percy.
That would be Neil, then.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Gumby wrote:[ But McCreight wasn't using this homeless man to get laughs on her Twitter feed, no siree bob... because, well, patriarchy or something. OK I got it now.
Look, he was a man and presumably white. So there's your answer - hobo privilege.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

sacha wrote:
astrokid.nj wrote:
Mykeru wrote: The same goes for A Voice for Men. Obviously it's a article of faith that AVfM is a ravenous hate site filled with rapey guys, guys who hate, who hate and rape and rapety-rape-rape.
But hate, much less pathological hatred of women? Not a bit. At best, you can say the atmosphere in that regard is of an overwhelming sense of betrayal ("But you said this would benefit us too").
You mean you werent convinced by The Cabbie's stellar arguments in the recent debate? He didnt convince you that Elam is a 'Times Square Nutter'?
Somebody left this comment at his blog
Comment_On_Cabbies_Blog.jpg
Betrayal because of naiveté.

That article seems to be the favourite to cite as "evidence". If one actually reads Elam's view of jury nullification, he explains his reasoning quite thoroughly, and logically. His argument is not easy to tear down, he has a strong case. Even those who disagree, would have to do so without the ability to dismiss his points. I'm sure someone can come up with solid reasons against jury nullification in the situation he refers to, but not by rendering Elam's position invalid.

Most (if not all) articles on AVfM are nowhere near as volatile a subject as that one.
For those of you who don't want to dig to find it, the issue is a remark that Elam made about his unwillingness to find someone guilty of rape if he was on a jury. John the other also mentions Jury Nullification in the intro to the A Voice for Men radio show.

Of course, only total nitwits think they are saying "I want to let guys get away with rape". The not too nuanced argument comes from the findings of The Innocence Project that men have spent decades in prison with little recourse for rape convictions. The argument isn't that women lie about being raped, although some do. They also make errors of memory, as Dr. Elizabeth Loftus has shown, particularly in cross-racial identification. Cops have notoriously done loaded photo line-ups for victims which can essentially plant one suspect in a woman's mind.

People make mistakes. We all know that. Human memory is often in error. Most of our memory is confabulation (for instance, memories you have of yourself in the third person can't be real memories, can they? Even if the event occurred, the point of view is reconstructed). We treat eyewitness testimony as more reliable than "circumstantial" evidence, but it is not even close to being as good as "circumstancial" physical evidence.

What's more terrifying is the extent to which prosecutorial misconduct is uncovered. We're all familiar with moral panics and witch-hunts like the Satanic Ritual Abuse and Child Molestation hysteria. What is scary about that is not only the degree to which evidence was manufactured, but how exculpatory evidence was suppressed and, really, how easy it was to convict people on pure bullshit, especially if they were mentally weaker than average or didn't have the resources to fight effectively. One can argue that rape itself has become a moral panic where society is more than willing to send innocent men to prison in order to foster the illusion of security.

I take the position that even if I agreed with the death penalty in principle, I would never be in favor of it in practice because of the inherent flaws in people, our system and, frankly, that being a prosecutor is a exercise in politics. Elam is extending this to rape as well.

So in light of that, Paul Elam saying he wouldn't vote to convict a man of rape even if there was overwhelming evidence of guilt isn't that out there considering 1. What we consider evidence is crap and 2. The evidence that the jury gets isn't necessary the evidence that there is, and juries can't know what exculpatory evidence was withheld, even destroyed in a political, ideological pursuit.

So, the interpretation "Paul Elam likes rape" is only the sort of thing an idiot or someone trying to sell something comes away with.

When I first saw this argument my reaction was "Jesus Christ, you just know this is going to be mined to death". Which is sad to think one has to write in such a way to fill in the spaces where someone can misconstrue. It's like Darwin having to re-write his argument on the development of eyes, eliminating the "It seems impossible" set up just because some douche-bag Creationist ends up quoting only that part.

Post by Guest »

Mykeru wrote:
Guest wrote:
What's the song you excerpt at the beginning of your videos? It sounds familiar, I seem to remember it from a Robert Crumb documentary. Also, I wish you wouldn't give Creepy Bitter Girl a cat. She doesn't deserve one.
That's "Last Kind Words Blues" by Geeshie Wiley, recorded in 1930. It was used in the documentary Crumb. Good catch. I think about 5% of total questions on my channel are about that fucking tune, which you can find on YouTube, incidentally.

For you art lovers: Where's the cat from?
The cat seems familiar too. A French Art Nouveau poster perhaps?

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Guest wrote:
Mykeru wrote:
Guest wrote:
What's the song you excerpt at the beginning of your videos? It sounds familiar, I seem to remember it from a Robert Crumb documentary. Also, I wish you wouldn't give Creepy Bitter Girl a cat. She doesn't deserve one.
That's "Last Kind Words Blues" by Geeshie Wiley, recorded in 1930. It was used in the documentary Crumb. Good catch. I think about 5% of total questions on my channel are about that fucking tune, which you can find on YouTube, incidentally.

You got the French right and the time period, but think "Salon".

real horrorshow

bhoytony wrote:
real horrorshow wrote:A 97-99% population drop due to dicoflenac poisoning. Banning the chemical in rural India has proved predictably useless. So it's captive breeding:
Speciesist!

(Just don't let them eat you, that's all.)

JackRayner
Location: In the basement of the University of Minnesota Morris

Post by JackRayner »

decius wrote:Actually, three separate episodes deal with vultures, according to this summary.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Life_of_Birds
Awesome. Thanks!
KiwiInOz wrote:
JackRayner wrote:
I have an idea for an animation that will feature vultures.
So. What do we do now then?

http://trueclassics.files.wordpress.com ... e_book.jpg

[youtube]lHWSe1cNpKI[/youtube]

Hahaha. I remember them. I'll probably go a little darker with mine. I think "macabre-psychedelic" is the term I'll use to describe how slow moving traffic will look through their eyes, too. I'll be sure to post it after I get it done. (Might be a while...) I'll possibly out myself when I do though, since I definitely plan to use it for my portfolio site...
real horrorshow wrote:Big trouble for vultures in India as I'm sure most folk know. A 97-99% population drop due to dicoflenac poisoning. Banning the chemical in rural India has proved predictably useless. So it's captive breeding:
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8469/8075 ... e44558.jpg
Even when this young, vultures are virtually cute-free.
That's what the short video on Youtube was about. "Vanishing Vultures". Was hoping for something more educational and less depressing when I went looking. :(

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

bhoytony wrote:
Gumby wrote:[ But McCreight wasn't using this homeless man to get laughs on her Twitter feed, no siree bob... because, well, patriarchy or something. OK I got it now.
Look, he was a man and presumably white. So there's your answer - hobo privilege.
Don't be so fucking homophobic, cunt!

JackRayner

Post by JackRayner »

papillon wrote:
JackRayner wrote:Do you (or anyone reading) know of some good documentaries on vultures? I'm having a surprisingly difficult time finding anything. I'm not finding anything on Netflix or on Top Documentary Films, and the longest I can find on youtube is a 16 minute video. :/
Any good?
[youtube]OHcrAm8-gr8[/youtube]
Haha. Well played.

Sadly, doing searches for "vulture" turns up a lot of similar content...

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Lsuoma wrote:
bhoytony wrote:
Don't be so fucking homophobic, cunt!
Twunts - "hoBophobic!" Fucking autocorrect...

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

real horrorshow wrote:
bhoytony wrote:
Speciesist!

(Just don't let them eat you, that's all.)
Well, they don't eat you till you're dead, so I don't mind.

SkepticalCat

Post by SkepticalCat »

Mykeru wrote:
Guest wrote:
Mykeru wrote:
Guest wrote:

I know! That's the kitty standing on the end of the bed with Manet's "Olympia" (I think). :dance:

Reap

Post by Reap »

For those who are interested Al Stefanelli and I had a conversation yesterday http://www.reapsowradio.com/?p=31218 http://www.reapsowradio.com/wp-content/ ... /aplus.png

Rystefn

Post by Rystefn »

Gumby wrote:
codelette wrote:McBoob pulled out the "mentally ill" card. We need a theme song for the Oppression Olympics that just started.
She's done it at least twice today.

http://i46.tinypic.com/2961wxw.jpg

Playing for sympathy. Disgusting. I suffer from lifelong chronic depression and you don't see me using it to gain sympathy points from anyone, on the internet or in real life.

So who should I feel sympathy for? You?
http://i50.tinypic.com/mx0fvm.jpg

Or this guy?
http://i48.tinypic.com/206dlqf.jpg
(Who, incidentally, is a homeless man in Seattle).

Fuck you, McCreight.
Man, fuck that bitch. I know people who hear voices and shit who don't lean on their mental illnesses half as much as she does. If she was half as fucked-up in the head as she pretends she is, she'd be locked up in an in-patient long-term facility.

JackRayner

Post by JackRayner »

SkepticalCat wrote:
I know! That's the kitty standing on the end of the bed with Manet's "Olympia" (I think). :dance:
I think you got it!

Reminds me of a photoshop contest I made this entry for. The owner of the original image cried about it though, and the whole thing was called off. Not a big deal or anything, since I would have probably wasted my time doing something less productive...

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

https://twitter.com/jennifurret/status/ ... 0591963136
Ah, I get it. People less privileged than me get to make me watch them masturbate in public. Idiot logic at its best
Um...did I miss the part where Comical Jenni was forced to watch the fwapping vagrant? Or does she mean that she was 'made to watch' in the same sense that those people who complain about nudity on the TV were made to watch all those people taking their clothes off?

Post by Guest »

SkepticalCat wrote:
Mykeru wrote:
Guest wrote:
Mykeru wrote:
Guest wrote:

Yup, I think you're right!

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Reap wrote:For those who are interested Al Stefanelli and I had a conversation yesterday http://www.reapsowradio.com/?p=31218 http://www.reapsowradio.com/wp-content/ ... /aplus.png
Listening now.

Post by Guest »

I love my cats (I'm going to get a bumper sticker to that effect). I got a kitten just recently from the HS to keep my older cat company. What's called a "flame point".

real horrorshow

Tigzy wrote:https://twitter.com/jennifurret/status/ ... 0591963136
Ah, I get it. People less privileged than me get to make me watch them masturbate in public. Idiot logic at its best
Um...did I miss the part where Comical Jenni was forced to watch the fwapping vagrant? Or does she mean that she was 'made to watch' in the same sense that those people who complain about nudity on the TV were made to watch all those people taking their clothes off?
I thought that the whole idea of this fucked up dutch auction of privilege was that whoever had the least got to tell everyone else what to do, say and think.

Saint N.

Post by Saint N. »

So Jen is getting the privilege card thrown back at her for a change. Good, it's about damn time.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Ha ha. This, from the person who formed A+ supposedly to apply the principles of logic, skepticism and critical thinking to social justice issues? HAHAHAHAHAHA! Way to intentionally misrepresent the criticisms, Jen.

The only people stupid enough to fall for that tweet are the A+/FTB slob choir she preaches belches to. Jesus fucking Christ these people are an orchestra of kazoos.

At least she got the "idiot logic at its best" part right, although she should be directing it at herself, not others.

real horrorshow

Guest wrote:What's called a "flame point".
Erm, hang on, I know this. It's 'the lowest temperature at which a cat can vaporize to form an ignitable mixture in air'.

SteveW68

Re: Vultures and Sky Burial

Post by SteveW68 »

KiwiInOz wrote:
JackRayner wrote:
I have an idea for an animation that will feature vultures.
So. What do we do now then?

http://trueclassics.files.wordpress.com ... e_book.jpg
I dunno - what you wanna do..?

Rystefn

Post by Rystefn »

[quote="Gumby" Jesus fucking Christ these people are an orchestra of kazoos.[/quote]

That is offensive, sir! Offensive! How dare you use the word Kazoo as an insult. Don't you know it's insensitive to the people who can't afford your expensive "real" instruments!

Post by Guest »

real horrorshow wrote:
Erm, hang on, I know this. It's 'the lowest temperature at which a cat can vaporize to form an ignitable mixture in air'.
And leave nothing behind but a grin. This cat is very close to how my kitten looks:

http://lh5.ggpht.com/mjbmeister/SCq67IV ... erfly2.jpg

JackRayner

Post by JackRayner »

A lone woman has no power over the invisible force that is The Patriarchy®. The powerful Misogyny waves being radiated by the man extended out, like a phallus intent on rape, [which this clearly was] and held her in place, forcing her to watch! Do not be fooled by the man's homelessness, the power of his privileged, male-sexuality is still intact!

JackRayner

Post by JackRayner »

JackRayner wrote:
I wonder though, if what took place here was an encounter between an exhibitionist and a voyeur. [...] :think:
Speaking of voyeurism, here's WB chiming in on Masturbationgate.

http://isgodasquirrel.blogspot.com/2012 ... l?spref=tw

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

The double rainbow I saw a bit earlier:

[youtube]oOpDmtJMa4c[/youtube]

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

real horrorshow wrote:
<chem_nerd>That's the flash point: flame point is the temperature at which sufficient vapor is formed to sustain continuous combustion, rather than momentary. Flame point is usually only a few degrees higher than flash point, though...</chem_nerd>

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Rystefn wrote:[quote="Gumby" Jesus fucking Christ these people are an orchestra of kazoos.
That is offensive, sir! Offensive! How dare you use the word Kazoo as an insult. Don't you know it's insensitive to the people who can't afford your expensive "real" instruments![/quote]

Sorry. My slide whistle privilege was showing. My bad.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

SteveW68 wrote:I dunno - what you wanna do..?
I'm in Seattle for a few days, so I'm going to consume a stick book, crack a fat, then go and see if I can find Jen McWank and, crack one out in front of her...

codelette

Post by codelette »

JackRayner wrote:
A lone woman has no power over the invisible force that is The Patriarchy®. The powerful Misogyny waves being radiated by the man extended out, like a phallus intent on rape, [which this clearly was] and held her in place, forcing her to watch! Do not be fooled by the man's homelessness, the power of his privileged, male-sexuality is still intact!
There was this guy in my neighborhood in Puerto Rico who everybody called Felix El Loco (The Crazy One). His whole family had the crazy gene. Whenever a women (be it a teenager, middle age or an old prune) he will whip out his limp dick while walking by her. We just passed him and say "Hey, Felix. Hide yo' dick, motherfucker". It was sad and hilarious at the same time.
Mostly hilarious.
Jen is such a sheltered pussy. That's also hilarious.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Gumby wrote:
Rystefn wrote:[quote="Gumby" Jesus fucking Christ these people are an orchestra of kazoos.
That is offensive, sir! Offensive! How dare you use the word Kazoo as an insult. Don't you know it's insensitive to the people who can't afford your expensive "real" instruments!
Sorry. My slide whistle privilege was showing. My bad.[/quote]
Yeah, if you want to insult someone, call them a Kazez! (Hi Jean...)

Post by Guest »

codelette wrote: Jen is such a sheltered pussy. That's also hilarious.
That's pretty much it in a nut shell.

real horrorshow

Guest wrote:
real horrorshow wrote:
And leave nothing behind but a grin.
Well, welcome Guest and cats. You've picked a time when our animal-lovers are not about. The are no animals in my life except the two big spiders which I know are here somewhere. Once I can purge the last of the people, I'll be set. Feel free to register and get... Actually, I'm not sure there are any privileges for registering here. Umm, pre-emptive ban from Pharyngula, if you post enough. That's about it.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

BTW, anyone else notice that oolon appears to have fucked off as soon as he couldn't spread his shit in front of everyone's eyes?

Result!

sacha

Post by sacha »

JackRayner wrote:Something that occupies my mind often is wondering how animals perceive cars. Like, I think about this a lot , and especially so when I'm driving with no one else in the car. Like those bastard, stuck up peacocks that live near me and love to cross the street at a leisurely pace when I'm trying to get someplace, or the dogs I see riding in cars. Anytime I see any animal-car interaction, the thought pops back into my head...
[youtube]BGPGknpq3e0[/youtube]

JackRayner

Post by JackRayner »

codelette wrote:
JackRayner wrote:
There was this guy in my neighborhood in Puerto Rico who everybody called Felix El Loco (The Crazy One). His whole family had the crazy gene. Whenever a women (be it a teenager, middle age or an old prune) he will whip out his limp dick while walking by her. We just passed him and say "Hey, Felix. Hide yo' dick, motherfucker". It was sad and hilarious at the same time.
Mostly hilarious.
:lol:

That's hilarious. Brings back lots of memories about the crazies from my town. Wacky drug addicts were usually what we dealt with. Actually, one of my older sisters and I sometimes played a game where we stayed up the whole night, looking out the window and counting addicts walking by. We lived on the 4th floor of our building, so we had a pretty good view.

The neighborhood we moved to when we came to the U.S. wasn't anywhere near as crazy*, but it was the first time that I saw cross dressing prostitutes. :D

*We had a Puerto Rican National Guard unit come and occupy my neighborhood for a few weeks in '92 so the police could restore order. The police turned one of the first floor apartments into a makeshift headquarters, but not long after the soldiers rolled out, the drug dealers returned and shot the place to Hell. [Still remember all of the bullet holes in those aluminum windows.] The police left without a fight. Been trying to find anything about it on the internet, but to no avail...

sacha

Post by sacha »

Mykeru wrote: For those of you who don't want to dig to find it, the issue is a remark that Elam made about his unwillingness to find someone guilty of rape if he was on a jury. John the other also mentions Jury Nullification in the intro to the A Voice for Men radio show.
oops, sorry. Here is part one of the article: http://www.avoiceformen.com/a-voice-for ... te-part-1/

I have a comment on part two

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

http://www.smh.com.au/world/bullet-remo ... 27e85.html

I think Muslima would rather have been wanked at than shot.

JackRayner

Post by JackRayner »

sacha wrote:
JackRayner wrote:Something that occupies my mind often is wondering how animals perceive cars. Like, I think about this a lot , and especially so when I'm driving with no one else in the car. Like those bastard, stuck up peacocks that live near me and love to cross the street at a leisurely pace when I'm trying to get someplace, or the dogs I see riding in cars. Anytime I see any animal-car interaction, the thought pops back into my head...
[youtube]BGPGknpq3e0[/youtube]
Wow. That's amazing! Have watched a few videos on crows and tool use, they seem pretty ingenious.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Seriously, Jen is complaining about a homeless man wanking in public (where the fuck else is he supposed to wank without a home?) without her consent (homelesswankingconsentform.jpg) and when people are speaking up that maybe she's a little unkind to the homeless person who a) doesn't have a home and b) may be mentally ill, she's turning it around and saying that people want to use her denigrating a homeless wanking in public against her?

Well, gee, I wonder why. :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

Also, what is it with julian and snapping people's necks?

Rystefn

Post by Rystefn »

Like most of her ilk, she wouldn't know empathy nor a real social justice issue if they were fellating each other on her sofa.

codelette

Post by codelette »

JackRayner wrote:
codelette wrote:
JackRayner wrote:
Mostly hilarious.

That's hilarious. Brings back lots of memories about the crazies from my town. Wacky drug addicts were usually what we dealt with. Actually, one of my older sisters and I sometimes played a game where we stayed up the whole night, looking out the window and counting addicts walking by. We lived on the 4th floor of our building, so we had a pretty good view.

The neighborhood we moved to when we came to the U.S. wasn't anywhere near as crazy*, but it was the first time that I saw cross dressing prostitutes. :D

*We had a Puerto Rican National Guard unit come and occupy my neighborhood for a few weeks in '92 so the police could restore order. The police turned one of the first floor apartments into a makeshift headquarters, but not long after the soldiers rolled out, the drug dealers returned and shot the place to Hell. [Still remember all of the bullet holes in those aluminum windows.] The police left without a fight. Been trying to find anything about it on the internet, but to no avail...
Dude, the 90s were rough! Three of my cousins got killed and there were weekly shootings in my hometown fighting over puntos. The NG went to the projects, mostly. but...but... You are privileged male! How could that be?
Check out this webpage: http://www.ixposednewsonline.com/#
Maybe you'll find recent information about your neighborhood.

Post by Guest »

real horrorshow wrote:
Guest wrote:
real horrorshow wrote:
And leave nothing behind but a grin.
Well, welcome Guest and cats. You've picked a time when our animal-lovers are not about. The are no animals in my life except the two big spiders which I know are here somewhere. Once I can purge the last of the people, I'll be set. Feel free to register and get... Actually, I'm not sure there are any privileges for registering here. Umm, pre-emptive ban from Pharyngula, if you post enough. That's about it.
Hello Horror. I live with numerous spiders (had to nail a black widow at the irrigation box a couple of weeks ago), the cats get a few of them now and then, but the thing that irritates me the most are the small sugar ants that invade the house every summer. There must be a huge colony of them around here.

With regards to people, I'm an anti-natalist myself.

I've posted here under "guest" more than a few times. I'll eventually register here.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

codelette wrote: There was this guy in my neighborhood in Puerto Rico who everybody called Felix El Loco (The Crazy One). His whole family had the crazy gene. Whenever a women (be it a teenager, middle age or an old prune) he will whip out his limp dick while walking by her. We just passed him and say "Hey, Felix. Hide yo' dick, motherfucker". It was sad and hilarious at the same time.
Mostly hilarious.
Ah blimey, this brings back memories - me, about 13 and doing my weekend job helping my uncle on his milk round. Up at four in the morning, out into the freezing cold, and often it was still dark. I was one of the very few kids that had thermal underwear and long johns. Anyways, I loved it, because it's surprising how many people are about when you think everyone is asleep. And for some reason, it's those early hours which really bring out the quality local nutters.

Picture me, rearranging crates on the float with near-frostbitten fingers, and from my left I hear a cry of, "MY FUCKIN MOTHER IS A DIRTY WHORE WHO WEARS FRILLY KNICKERS!" Sure, I did almost shit meself, but only out of surprise - charging down the street in his oversized duffel-coat and Moe haircut was the well-known local loon known for running up and down the pavements giving vent to probably the most extreme case of tourettes ever known to man. Really, he could not stop fulminating about his mother's peccadilos; bit of shocker to have him run past you yelling about his dear old mum's minge, but I can safely say I did not feel too cheapened in having not consented to hear his dirty talk.

Besides, it was fascinating to note that as ever, he was carrying two full shopping bags; I couldn't help but wonder what places could be open at about five in the morning. In any case, my uncle just shrugged and complained about his haemhorroids; he was a bit of miserable git, to be honest.

codelette

Post by codelette »

Tigzy wrote:
codelette wrote: There was this guy in my neighborhood in Puerto Rico who everybody called Felix El Loco (The Crazy One). His whole family had the crazy gene. Whenever a women (be it a teenager, middle age or an old prune) he will whip out his limp dick while walking by her. We just passed him and say "Hey, Felix. Hide yo' dick, motherfucker". It was sad and hilarious at the same time.
Mostly hilarious.
Ah blimey, this brings back memories - me, about 13 and doing my weekend job helping my uncle on his milk round. Up at four in the morning, out into the freezing cold, and often it was still dark. I was one of the very few kids that had thermal underwear and long johns. Anyways, I loved it, because it's surprising how many people are about when you think everyone is asleep. And for some reason, it's those early hours which really bring out the quality local nutters.

Picture me, rearranging crates on the float with near-frostbitten fingers, and from my left I hear a cry of, "MY FUCKIN MOTHER IS A DIRTY WHORE WHO WEARS FRILLY KNICKERS!" Sure, I did almost shit meself, but only out of surprise - charging down the street in his oversized duffel-coat and Moe haircut was the well-known local loon known for running up and down the pavements giving vent to probably the most extreme case of tourettes ever known to man. Really, he could not stop fulminating about his mother's peccadilos; bit of shocker to have him run past you yelling about his dear old mum's minge, but I can safely say I did not feel too cheapened in having not consented to hear his dirty talk.

Besides, it was fascinating to note that as ever, he was carrying two full shopping bags; I couldn't help but wonder what places could be open at about five in the morning. In any case, my uncle just shrugged and complained about his haemhorroids; he was a bit of miserable git, to be honest.

The town crazies are the most pure fun of entertainment when one's growing up.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Guest wrote:snip I live with numerous spiders (had to nail a black widow at the irrigation box a couple of weeks ago), the cats get a few of them now and then, but the thing that irritates me the most are the small sugar ants that invade the house every summer. There must be a huge colony of them around here.
Had one of these suckers on the bathroom wall last night. Only my hand span across.

http://www.brisbaneinsects.com/brisbane ... _1012L.jpg

Rystefn

Post by Rystefn »

I'm so gald I don't live in a place with dangerous spiders anymore... No vemonous snakes either, that I've seen. Honestly, I'm pretty sure the only thing even remotely dangerous in the greater Seattle area is Bigfoots and masturbating hobos.

Lovetinkle

Post by Lovetinkle »

codelette wrote:

The town crazies are the most pure fun of entertainment when one's growing up.
</lurk>

Under the spreading chestnut tree
The village silly sat
Amusing himself
By abusing himself
And catching it in his hat

<lurk>

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

codelette wrote: The town crazies are the most pure fun of entertainment when one's growing up.
I think they give a lot of colour to the local community; in fact, I think they should rent themselves out as ornamental nutters.

Post by Guest »

Tigzy wrote:
Mostly hilarious.

God forbid should the world ever loose characters like that. We had a great lady like that who lived in my area. "Your husband gave me the clap" to perfect strangers on the street.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

JackRayner wrote:
Wow. That's amazing! Have watched a few videos on crows and tool use, they seem pretty ingenious.
Google for New Caledonian Crow (Corvus moneduloides) - completely amazing birds. Experiments have shown that they can conceptualize and execute a workflow using three separate tools.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8631486.stm
[youtube]ofjo26O0z_o[/youtube]

The crow family as a whole is my favourite by far of all the Aves, with the European Magpie (Pica pica) top o' the heap, and the Common Raven (Corvus corax) a VERY close second...