Periodic Table of Swearing

Old subthreads
Notung

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Post by Notung »

PERFECT article, embodying what I dislike about the other side:

http://tintower.co.uk/2012/08/10/sister ... oppressed/

It surprises me that it's by a Brit. I've literally never met anyone here that speaks in that way, and I know plenty of far-lefties, etc. I thought all that 'check your privilege' stuff was confined to North America.

I hope someone says it to me IRL face-to-face. Then I can pin them down: "what exactly do you mean, 'check my privilege'? How exactly am I privileged, and how do you know that I have enjoyed some unfair benefits or advantage? What does 'check' mean in this context? Do I have to do something? What is the difference between 'blindness due to privilege' and 'blindness due to sin/disbelief in God?'".

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Notung wrote:PERFECT article, embodying what I dislike about the other side:

It surprises me that it's by a Brit. I've literally never met anyone here that speaks in that way, and I know plenty of far-lefties, etc. I thought all that 'check your privilege' stuff was confined to North America.

I hope someone says it to me IRL face-to-face. Then I can pin them down: "what exactly do you mean, 'check my privilege'? How exactly am I privileged, and how do you know that I have enjoyed some unfair benefits or advantage? What does 'check' mean in this context? Do I have to do something? What is the difference between 'blindness due to privilege' and 'blindness due to sin/disbelief in God?'".
It is rare that you hear sceptics speak like that in the UK but I suspect it's pretty common in feminist groups. Some of the younger FTB crowd and their UK fans like (Rhys Morgan) have recently picked up on the lingo but it is still a new development. I guess it is a symptom of the fact that atheism/skepticism was previousöly separate or even directly opposed to the sort of po-mo identity politics where this language originated.
As for it's direct meaning, "privilege", it is important to note that it is more a dog whistle rather than a direct description.
In plain english "privilege" means something like "inability to see your own particular advantage" in some context.
Of course the problem with this definition is that contexts vary and so someone with an advantage in one situation will have a different disadvantage in another situation (for instance a man is unlikely to be sexually accosted if he goes out in public in certain areas, but he may be much more likely than a woman to be physically assaulted in the same or other locations - try going for a pint in a dodgy area of Leeds on a Saturday night!) Likewise there is no intrinsic link between different forms of privilege, or ones ability to spot privilege in others - for example a middle class white woman and a working class black man - or even, heaven forbid, a working class heterosexual white man. All three groups will have advantages and disadvantages depending on the context but "privilege" is only ever applied to one political viewpoint (for example in Amanda Marcotte's privilege argument with Hemant Mehta, when he initially sat on the fence over Elavatorgate.)

Michael K Gray

"Righteous" Anger

Post by Michael K Gray »

For most of the FfTB contributors, and for all of their acolytes, ANGER IS AN ADDICTIVE DRUG.

franc

Post by franc »

"Liberal Will" - Seriously, if any of these morons actually bothered to do as little as lookup liberalism on the cesspit of lies, they would have a seizure and probably declare Jimmy Wales as the new pariah and Patriarchal ringleader.

There is just no way to meaningfully engage intellects that are so devoid of any connection to the real world outside their solipsist bubbles.

Michael K Gray

Re: "Righteous" Anger

Post by Michael K Gray »

Michael K Gray wrote:For most of the FfTB contributors, and for all of their acolytes, ANGER IS AN ADDICTIVE DRUG.
Addendum:
I am ashamed to not have distilled that to:
Belligerence is a Narcotic

SkepticalCat

Post by SkepticalCat »

Guest wrote:Tachikoma,

I thought your avatar was one robot doing another robot from behind. Is this not so?
That's funny, I was thinking the same thing, but I was confused because the one in back appeared to have "feminine" facial features.

Spence

Post by Spence »

franc wrote:"Liberal Will" - Seriously, if any of these morons actually bothered to do as little as lookup liberalism on the cesspit of lies, they would have a seizure and probably declare Jimmy Wales as the new pariah and Patriarchal ringleader.
Yeah, that was one of the first things that caught my eye too. "Illiberal Will" might be more accurate, or "Authoritarian Will". Notably, he makes broad sweep generalisations about how all libertarians are right wingers, using a single anecdote of a right wing libertarian as proof. Of course, libertarianism is orthogonal to the left/right axis, so we can easily find left wing libertarians as well - Nelson Mandela being perhaps one of the more famous, that piece of knowledge would probably make Will's head AND sphincter explode simultaneously.

But that forum is perfect for fresh baboonery. Check this comment out. Zeke asked:
Zeke wrote:Do you honestly think that Paula Kirby et al. really oppose the idea that 'women are people'?!
And just look at Bruce McGlory's response:
Bruce McGlory wrote:Do you honestly think they would admit it if they don't? Kirby's desperation for male approval aside, it doesn't matter if they personally oppose it or not. WHAT THEY DO, THE THINGS THEY SAY, THE LIES THEY TELL, show that they are incredibly hostile to those that DO support women.
Kirby's "desperation for male approval"? Oh, PLEASE let him say that in front of Paula, with cameras rolling. Plus the usual baboon response that disagreement is equal to LIES, and anyone who disagrees with me is a misogynist. All the things that suck about baboons in one short sound bite.

This guy has been drinking deep from the bibble according to PeeZus.

Dilurk

Post by Dilurk »

Saint N. wrote:
CommanderTuvok wrote:As for those who still remain silent for fear of rocking the boat - I believe there are many, including a few who reside at FTB. I'm certain a few bloggers at FTB must cringe when they see what goes on in that backchannel. [Aron Ra - I'm talking to you]
Despite his longtime friendship with Tf00t, I don't see him speaking out against FtB anytime soon, or ever. Especially after seeing that silly article his wife wrote on his blog. Also, keep in mind, he joined FtB just two months ago or so. I just can't believe he hasn't heard about any of their skeletons prior to singing on. In the crossroad of him going either
I hope he changes his tune.

TedDahlberg

Post by TedDahlberg »

Skeeve wrote:This just in:

http://atheiststoday.com/images/sallyst ... witter.jpg

From the above link:

http://atheiststoday.com/images/anon_rapethreat.jpg

I'm calling BS. It doesn't appear to be a "supporter", but an anonymous poster. Either a random troll or a FtB troll.
I hate to sound like a raving conspiracy nut, but is it not just slightly improbable that she replied to that comment one minute after it was posted? Eh, I'm probably reading malice where obsessive pressing of F5 will do just as well. Impressive reading/typing speed if so.

TedDahlberg

Post by TedDahlberg »

bhoytony wrote:
Skeeve wrote:I have never seen this piece of the puzzle before today:

From 2010
[youtube]ohnZ6gAWMz4[/youtube]

What happened to her? Did this type of exposure push her too far too fast?
Oh, Kryten why hast thou forsaken me?
I know there was a period (around when that Carpool episode was made) where she seemed to move in British comedy circles, cosying up to such people as Tim Minchin, Iszi Lawrence, Robin Ince, Dara O'Briain, Jon Ronson, Richard Wiseman… the last two of whom are not comedians per se, but are at least tangentially related to that scene.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

TedDahlberg wrote:I hate to sound like a raving conspiracy nut, but is it not just slightly improbable that she replied to that comment one minute after it was posted? Eh, I'm probably reading malice where obsessive pressing of F5 will do just as well. Impressive reading/typing speed if so.
After some of the low tactics used by the Baboons recently, I'm thinking along the same lines as you...

:think:

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

BTW, congratulations Justin. Can't wait to find out the specifics.

I can imagine the horror within the Baboon community. A spectacular fail from the Baboon 'Nomenklatura' Department. Investigations will be under way at how somebody not "on message" could possibly take such a position.

8-)

Post by Guest »

TedDahlberg wrote:
bhoytony wrote:
Skeeve wrote:I have never seen this piece of the puzzle before today:

From 2010
[youtube]ohnZ6gAWMz4[/youtube]

What happened to her? Did this type of exposure push her too far too fast?
Oh, Kryten why hast thou forsaken me?
I know there was a period (around when that Carpool episode was made) where she seemed to move in British comedy circles, cosying up to such people as Tim Minchin, Iszi Lawrence, Robin Ince, Dara O'Briain, Jon Ronson, Richard Wiseman… the last two of whom are not comedians per se, but are at least tangentially related to that scene.
She moved to London after she got married and was involved with a couple of skeptical podcasts there such as the Little Atoms podcast. I remember listening for a while but unsubscribing as I got bored listening to her interview style. She was clearly a science fangirl rather than someone who knew anything about science and, unfortunately, that came through in her interviews and her limited sense of humor wasn't enough to compensate. They managed to get some good guests, though.
I think she had the idea that she could be some sort of presenter or interviewer on science or skeptical programs but I'm afraid she just didn't have what it takes. I think that is also the reason why she didn't succeed in her earlier attempt in that radio show competition.

Post by Guest »

To be honest i've only ever watched one thing with Watson in it all the way through. It was some lecture about the non-existence of "women's intuition". It was pretty good actually... Is there some video I should see where she's gone off the deep end?

That lib-dem guy just reminds me of "Student Grant" from Viz. Pity there doesn't seem to be more of that online.

TedDahlberg

Post by TedDahlberg »

Guest wrote:She moved to London after she got married and was involved with a couple of skeptical podcasts there such as the Little Atoms podcast. I remember listening for a while but unsubscribing as I got bored listening to her interview style. She was clearly a science fangirl rather than someone who knew anything about science and, unfortunately, that came through in her interviews and her limited sense of humor wasn't enough to compensate. They managed to get some good guests, though.
I think she had the idea that she could be some sort of presenter or interviewer on science or skeptical programs but I'm afraid she just didn't have what it takes. I think that is also the reason why she didn't succeed in her earlier attempt in that radio show competition.
Didn't know she was on Little Atoms. I've subscribed to it a couple of times but ended up unsubscribing as it turned out not to be quite my style. She's been good at getting interesting people to agree to interviews, I'll give her that. But as you say, not quite so good at what comes after that.

For how to d it right, see The Infinite Monkey Cage with comedian Robin Ince and no-noun-required Brian Cox. They have excellent guests, generally two scientists and a layman. I especially like the episodes with Alan Moore, which surprises me greatly considering he's a self-proclaimed wizard. I was expecting occult nonsense, but he seems eminently sensible.

Sorry for going off topic, thought this thread could use some FTB-antidote :shifty:

Post by Guest »

"Liberal Will" - Seriously, if any of these morons actually bothered to do as little as lookup liberalism on the cesspit of lies, they would have a seizure and probably declare Jimmy Wales as the new pariah and Patriarchal ringleader.
I think they know this and its why all dissent has to be blown out of all proportion as a matter of routine. An opinion cannot just be wrong and offensive for its own sake. For them it has to have real world implications in order to be shut down, and that becomes a goal of sorts. No matter how weird or convoluted or improbable, they really really need to extrapolate that opinion to the point where it breaks liberalism's golden rule.

I think that might be why it so often gets so fucking bizarre.

Rev. Paul Whicker

Dolts

Post by Rev. Paul Whicker »

M K Gray wrote: .. an ignorant, biased, parochial, tiny-minded ball of pure hatred; machine-gun spitting toxic fallacious bile-bullets without any concern for reality, nor collateral damage.
who, disarmingly, reminds me of the great Daffy Duck in other ways. Such as that lisp.

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

The misrepresentation is stunning.

http://i.imgur.com/sF8WI.jpg

franc

Post by franc »

Guest wrote:
I think they know this and its why all dissent has to be blown out of all proportion as a matter of routine. An opinion cannot just be wrong and offensive for its own sake. For them it has to have real world implications in order to be shut down, and that becomes a goal of sorts. No matter how weird or convoluted or improbable, they really really need to extrapolate that opinion to the point where it breaks liberalism's golden rule.

No, sorry. They are not liberal by any stretch of reality and they have absolutely no clue as to what it is - at all. Their "liberalism" is the vulgar parody liberalism as described by the likes of Coulter and Beck - in that respect they are 100% "true". They live up to the insult that the Faux News right wants to propagate about "liberals" - and give that perception of it substance. This is the real damage that they do to actual liberalism. They undermine, make it a joke - and as a result, empower idiots like the Teabaggers. I've said it before, clowns like Myers, and this imbecile "Liberal Will", are god's gift to the lunatic right. They are the best advertisement for their cause ever. They are the real reason that losers like the Bushes and Reagan get such traction.

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

Isnt 'Will' the same 'Will' who posts at Skepchick?

Also: Projectile vomit--
http://www.rhrealitycheck.org/article/2 ... -feminists

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

ERV wrote:Isnt 'Will' the same 'Will' who posts at Skepchick?

Marcotte's article is typical of the thinking that seems to be prevalent in that clique.
She really does seem to believe (or perhaps she doesn't, and its all for rhetorical effect) that the battle is between people who just want women to be treated as human beings, and those who want to deny agency to women such that we are free to grope whoever we want at conferences, free from censure.
It's about as grounded in reality as a 911 truth scenario.

This has nothing to do with skepticism, it's pure negative politics.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Marcotte is a nutjob. End of story.

(BTW, Abbie, a bit more trigger warning next time? :D )

sacha

Post by sacha »

That's not a Brit. Look at the language. She spells Sceptic "Skeptic" - I can't be arsed to read the entire thing - It's a Merkin living in the UK.
uk.gif
(9.55 KiB) Downloaded 132 times

Saint N.

Post by Saint N. »

Dilurk wrote:
Saint N. wrote:
CommanderTuvok wrote:As for those who still remain silent for fear of rocking the boat - I believe there are many, including a few who reside at FTB. I'm certain a few bloggers at FTB must cringe when they see what goes on in that backchannel. [Aron Ra - I'm talking to you]
Despite his longtime friendship with Tf00t, I don't see him speaking out against FtB anytime soon, or ever. Especially after seeing that silly article his wife wrote on his blog. Also, keep in mind, he joined FtB just two months ago or so. I just can't believe he hasn't heard about any of their skeletons prior to singing on. In the crossroad of him going either
I hope he changes his tune.
Yeah, I'm just gonna play it off and pretend that's exactly what I meant ;)
Dick Strawkins wrote:Sikivu Hutchinson's statement was so terrible that it would have taken up the entire panel time to refute it.
Not really. All it would take is to simply say, "I don't think the Four Horsemen are scientistic or white supremacists." Which is just three more words than what Ophelia said. Even if we are being charitable, and willing to assume that Benson or anyone else didn't refute Hutchinson's claim (which could be done just by saying three more words) because she thought it too absurd to respond to, pointing out the impression it creates of her agreeing with it in light of stating otherwise is a valid point to make.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Guest wrote:To be honest i've only ever watched one thing with Watson in it all the way through. It was some lecture about the non-existence of "women's intuition". It was pretty good actually... Is there some video I should see where she's gone off the deep end?

That lib-dem guy just reminds me of "Student Grant" from Viz. Pity there doesn't seem to be more of that online.
Speaking of Viz, we're certainly not short of a few 'Millie Tant's on the baboon boards. Skeptifem immediately springs to mind.

http://dreamingarm.files.wordpress.com/ ... .gif?w=600

sacha

Post by sacha »

that was meant to be -

that's not a Brit. Look at the language, plus she spells sceptic "skeptic".

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Additionally, I very much like the cesspit's description of Millie, because...well, if it doesn't make you smile wryly to yourself, you've obviously never seen a post by Skeptifem, Sally Strange, Aquaria - shit, even Peezee himself for that matter:
Millicent 'Millie' Buckridge Tant is a fictional comic-strip character in the British comic, Viz.

A caricature of the militant feminist, Millie thinks of herself as a champion of "Wimmin's" rights but is often self-centered and dismissive of the feelings of others. She rants, raises her fist in the air and foams at the mouth. She often refers to men as "phallocrats" and "potential rapists" or just "rapists", referring to other women as "fellow lesbians" regardless of their actual orientation. Most of the storylines seem to indicate sexual frustration. She often complains that various phenomena are actually metaphors for the suppression of women: fireworks are actually 'big explosive penises' that 'skewer and rape the virgin female sky'. She refuses to make a snowman, instead offering to make a snow-black-lesbian-rape-victim-in-a-wheelchair: she plays cards with an old woman and ends the game by calling her a homophobe because she said "straight flush". In the end she often forgets her feminist stance and is shown asking a man to get rid of a mouse while she is standing on a chair, or knitting baby clothes with a simper.

Dilurk

Post by Dilurk »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Marcotte is a nutjob. End of story.

(BTW, Abbie, a bit more trigger warning next time? :D )
She strikes me as being like a Christian who argues an atheist. Both claim victory, but in different places.

Quite odd isn't it?

Post by Guest »

franc wrote:
Guest wrote:

No, sorry. They are not liberal by any stretch of reality and they have absolutely no clue as to what it is - at all. Their "liberalism" is the vulgar parody liberalism as described by the likes of Coulter and Beck - in that respect they are 100% "true". They live up to the insult that the Faux News right wants to propagate about "liberals" - and give that perception of it substance. This is the real damage that they do to actual liberalism. They undermine, make it a joke - and as a result, empower idiots like the Teabaggers. I've said it before, clowns like Myers, and this imbecile "Liberal Will", are god's gift to the lunatic right. They are the best advertisement for their cause ever. They are the real reason that losers like the Bushes and Reagan get such traction.
I agree with this except for I think some have probably taken a glance at what liberalism is. At some point in the process it does become a parody, and i'm interested in how and when.

Take an unpopular, potentially offensive and divisive opinion like "trans women are not real women". In the skeptical arena its just not possible to shut that down through traditional means like calling it offensive. Its also a largely subjective opinion with a huge grey area up for debate.

To shut it down, they'll have to take that statement through a series of hoops. First the opinion is dehumanising trans people - which in turn causes society wide hatred of trans people - which in turn causes violence against trans people. So well done, just by having had an opinion you've contributed to beating up another innocent person.

This is how they get it to violate "do unto others" without coming off as thought police. They have to turn a thought or opinion into an indirect action.

Just an idea.

Post by Guest »

I got some millie-tant in a couple of old Viz annuals if anyone would be interested in a scan.

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

blog post coming.

These people seem to have no basic understanding of philosophy whatsoever. Ugh.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

BarnOwl wrote:Brian Maaaayyyyyyy!!11!111!1!

Dude has a PhD in astrophysics. :banana-guitar:

And Morris dancers ... AHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!
Astrophysicist. Guitar virtuoso. Cannibalised an old motorcycle and fireplace to help build said guitar. Eccentric affection for badgers.

Dude's a freakin Timelord, I tells ya.

Dilurk

Post by Dilurk »

Tigzy wrote:

Astrophysicist. Guitar virtuoso. Cannibalised an old motorcycle and fireplace to help build said guitar. Eccentric affection for badgers.

Still not a ginger.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Dilurk wrote:
Tigzy wrote:

Still not a ginger.
:lol: - It took a while, but I got there in the end.

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

Here's my response to Amanda Marcotte's "Atheism is Consistent with Feminism and Pro-Choice Positions."

http://www.justinvacula.com/2012/08/ath ... inism.html

What a mess her post was.

Steersman

Re: "Righteous" Anger

Post by Steersman »

Michael K Gray wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:45 am
Michael K Gray wrote:For most of the FfTB contributors, and for all of their acolytes, ANGER IS AN ADDICTIVE DRUG.
Addendum:
I am ashamed to not have distilled that to:
Belligerence is a Narcotic
It is indeed; it is what turns a group of rational individuals into an unthinking mob. Bears some resemblance to the process by which locusts become a swarm:
Wikipedia wrote:Research at Oxford University has identified that swarming behaviour is a response to overcrowding. Increased tactile stimulation of the hind legs causes an increase in levels of serotonin. This causes the locust to change colour, eat much more, and breed much more easily. The transformation of the locust to the swarming variety is induced by several contacts per minute over a four-hour period.
Occupational hazard of being human, I think; anger has its uses but it tends to be the proverbial two-edged sword. As William Blake put it:
William Blake wrote:To be in a passion you good may do,
But no good if a passion is in you.

Frequently a case of “one toke over the line ... Sweet Jesus ...”

But, more directly to the topic of “righteous anger” and the problems thereof, you might be interested in this post by a pastor on St. Augustine’s “Libido Dominandi” [lust to dominate] ....

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

justinvacula wrote:

Here's my response to Amanda Marcotte's "Atheism is Consistent with Feminism and Pro-Choice Positions."

Good response. I'd guess the most obvious thing Marcotte missed, as regards Atheism and abortion, was Ceausescu (an atheist) and his 1966 doctrine, which outlawed abortion in order to boost Romania's population. Obviously, this decree was not motivated by his atheism - but I think it at least goes to show that just because atheism might indeed be consistent with feminism and pro-choice positions, it does not mean atheism is automatically inconsisent with the opposite position.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Ok, if FTB are Student Grant and Millie Tant then we are of course Sid The Sexist and Roger Mellie. Sounds good to me.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/5 ... AA300_.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_iOeKiJpFxaw/T ... Mellie.jpg

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

'Tits oot f'the lads!'

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Tigzy wrote:'Tits oot f'the lads!'
In this scenario ElevatorGuy would not have used "come up to my room for a coffee" as his chat up line. Instead he'd have used Sid's "You don't sweat much for a fat lass".

Post by Guest »

Thunderf00t is Browneye P.I.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

God forbid he ever tried this one:

Elevatorguy: 'Howay pet - fancy a fuck?'
Pudgy one: 'No!'
Elevatorguy: 'Ah, you mind lyin' down while I have one then?'

Dilurk

Post by Dilurk »

justinvacula wrote:

"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean -- neither more nor less."
"The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
"The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - - that's all."

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Guest wrote:Thunderf00t is Browneye P.I.
Greg Laden would definitely be Jack Black.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Surely that is Orwellia Benson.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

I think Roger Mellie's agent Tom looks rather like Thunderf00t. With that in mind this seems to fit the FTB backchannel Conspiracy To Defraud thread rather well.

http://static.dangerousminds.net/upload ... mellie.jpg

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Orwellia puts me more in mind of Meddlesome Ratbag:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-v9kO ... 5%255D.jpg

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

I am at a clear cultural disadvantage here. Will try to fix this state of affair...

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

For Phil: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viz_%28comic%29

I think Viz's crowning achievement must be Roger's Profanisaurus
webbed tits n. Breasts of elderly Hollywood actresses with a highly stressed membrane between, caused by the sheer weight of implants.
Dracula's tea bags n. Used tampons.
penny dreadful 1. n. A cheap, third-rate novel picked up when nothing else is available. 2. n. A cheap, third-rate woman picked up when nothing else is available.
My brother has the dubious honour of once having had a letter published in Viz.

Post by Guest »

Well here's the large millie-tant.

http://i.imgur.com/8hrGw.jpg

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Tigzy wrote:
Did he have a reply to it from another reader printed in the same issue?

I think I know who Jason Thibedoobeedoo is.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-NSqk ... /photo.jpg

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6161/6140 ... aca1_z.jpg

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

bhoytony wrote:
Tigzy wrote: My brother has the dubious honour of once having had a letter published in Viz.
Did he have a reply to it from another reader printed in the same issue?
Alas no. :lol: In any case, it has to be said - the present discussion should be vary illuminating for any lurking baboon who might wonder why certain of us find them so funny.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

I'm just praying that nobody posts the Fat Slags and gives them ammunition for a couple of dozen Articles on FTB.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Tigzy wrote:For Phil: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viz_%28comic%29

I think Viz's crowning achievement must be Roger's Profanisaurus
webbed tits n. Breasts of elderly Hollywood actresses with a highly stressed membrane between, caused by the sheer weight of implants.
Dracula's tea bags n. Used tampons.
penny dreadful 1. n. A cheap, third-rate novel picked up when nothing else is available. 2. n. A cheap, third-rate woman picked up when nothing else is available.
Thank you very much!

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

bhoytony wrote:I'm just praying that nobody posts the Fat Slags and gives them ammunition for a couple of dozen Articles on FTB.
I nominate Michael Shermer as Baz. :D

Post by Guest »

Ahahaha. This issue has got the top 100 borderline boilers.

1. Gingerspice Gerri Halliwell, despite being a despite being a porker faced attention craver of indeterminate vintage, is nevertheless, thanks to her big tits, what a lot of blokes really want. "I'd love my cock '2 become 1' with her ginger fanny" says Viz reader, the Rev James Foucault, of Truro.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Hmmm. Seems that the Fat Slags has already caught the eye of certain in feminist circles. From the cesspit:
Their excessive lifestyle is a parody of British ladette culture. Viz creator Chris Donald refers to this in his book, where he also mentions that the portrayal of the Slags was criticised by feminists writing in the Guardian newspaper. At the time of these criticisms the Fat Slags had not appeared in the magazine for more than a year, but as a direct response to the criticism they were immediately resurrected for the next issue, in which they had a humorous run-in with the feminist Millie Tant. Donald later questioned why the Guardian had slated the portrayals of the Slags, but hadn't mentioned that the two male characters were portrayed as a cheating layabout and a fraudster, and that the strip's only "well-behaved" character, Thelma, was a woman.
:lol:

real horrorshow

Post by real horrorshow »

justinvacula wrote:http://www.justinvacula.com/2012/08/ath ... inism.html

Still reading but:
It's also important to note, as I previously alluded to, that ^ all those who happen to lack a belief in any gods are very rational people.
^not
I think.