Periodic Table of Swearing

Old subthreads
CommanderTuvok

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Post by CommanderTuvok »

BTW, the new A+theism forum will be a potential goldmine of hypocrisy and stupid comments.

Makes our job a lot easier.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

The blurb at Atheism+
What is Atheism+?
Atheism+ is safe space for people to discuss how religion affects everyone and to apply skepticism and critical thinking to everything, including social issues like sexism, racism, GLBT issues, politics, poverty, and crime.
Except if you smell! Then you can fuck off! These privileged poseurs don't want the "great unwashed" putting their grubby mitts on the new movement!!!

:P

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

@Skeeve

I reckon three of those four trolling comments she's talking about are from the same person - this weird 'Tim' character, who appears to have some sort of obsession with her. If this is the case, I honestly don't think she's operating a sock in this respect - by 'convenient', I meant that it could be a pro-FfTBer attempting to do her a misguided favour by posing as the most detestable kind of troll.

Or he could indeed be a major creepozoid.

Given that it's probably he's using various IP addresses (in order to get round the bans), I don't think any info on whatever IP addresses he might be using would do a lot of good.

@CommanderTuvok

It's probably not the genuine Oolon. Given that this 'Tim' who trolled Greta previously was very probably the same troll who threatened to rape Sally Strange (and no, I don't think she was using a sock here) on Tf00t's blog, he'd probably be aware of Oolon's efforts to defend FfTB at Tf00t's place, and probably thought there might be some lulz in posing as Oolon.

DW Adams

Post by DW Adams »

Tigzy wrote:Strange shit is afoot a Bleater Greta's blog: http://freethoughtblogs.com/greta/2012/ ... ying-cunt/
This is what really pisses me off the most about this woman:
4: I am getting very tired of people responding to these posts by saying things like, “Don’t give them attention. Don’t feed the trolls.” This has been addressed at length, in the #mencallmethings: “whore” comment thread, and elsewhere. (Here is a very good short video on that subject, summing up why “don’t feed the trolls” is a terrible response to sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, or other group-based hate.) The tl;dr: This is not a few trolls trying to get attention and stir up any kind of response. This is a sustained campaign of misogyny, aimed at driving feminist women out of a community. And ignoring it does not make it go away. Ignoring it gives it tacit consent. The only way to deal with it is to point it out, and shame it, and make it clear that our community does not tolerate it. When you respond to a woman speaking out about misogyny by saying, “Don’t feed the trolls,” you are essentially telling us, “Stay silent about the misogynist shit you have to deal with on a daily basis.”
The biggest load of bullshit and it's repeated over and over without any proof whatsoever. Who are these skeptics and atheists that are doing this? They're fucking trolls you stupid fuck.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

BTW, on that TF thread, there was a FAKE "Commander Tuvok".

The cheeky beggar.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

@Skeeve.

Indeed. And sure, Greta's certainly gone into hyperbole mode here, but I think whatever concerns she might have are justified - albeit for different reasons.

Thinking about it, I'm now disinclined to accept the possibility that it might be an FfTB fanboi attempting to justify Greta's fears by posing as such an odious creature (though I wouldn't discount it as being impossible - Prune's 'threat' letter which turned out to be a missive of advice might, if nothing else, demonstrate a certain kind of 'fan' which the FfTB crowd appeals to); something about the way this Tim/fake Oolon goes on about her nude calendar pic strikes me as obsessional - not so much a troll as a possible stalker, maybe. I'm no fan of playing Internet psychologist, but in this instance, I'd hope Greta was seriously considering going to the law about this person.

SkepticalCat

Post by SkepticalCat »

I have to wonder whose ahead in the race for "Female Atheist of the Year" at this point, two-thirds of the way through the year - I would estimate it's approximately a tie between McReight and Surly Amy. Both have had to endure such awful tribulation - some people voiced disagreement with McReight, and some other people wore t-shirts and jewelry that Surly Amy found objectionable. :crying-green: Have I overlooked any other good candidates?

(For those of you who are new to all these shenanigans, McReight did a "Female Atheist of the Year" poll last year, of which Rebecca Watson :obscene-drinkingdrunk: was declared the winner. I voted for ERV :dance: :banana-dreads: )

DW Adams

Post by DW Adams »

Tigzy wrote:@Skeeve.

Indeed. And sure, Greta's certainly gone into hyperbole mode here, but I think whatever concerns she might have are justified - albeit for different reasons.

Thinking about it, I'm now disinclined to accept the possibility that it might be an FfTB fanboi attempting to justify Greta's fears by posing as such an odious creature (though I wouldn't discount it as being impossible - Prune's 'threat' letter which turned out to be a missive of advice might, if nothing else, demonstrate a certain kind of 'fan' which the FfTB crowd appeals to); something about the way this Tim/fake Oolon goes on about her nude calendar pic strikes me as obsessional - not so much a troll as a possible stalker, maybe. I'm no fan of playing Internet psychologist, but in this instance, I'd hope Greta was seriously considering going to the law about this person.
The calendar is one of the things that made me think I might have seen that poster elsewhere. His TF00t postings are identical to things someone has said elsewhere, with a different target. /shrug. Without the IP(s) we'll never know. (Even with them we might not, given that he might be smart enough to proxy)

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

justinvacula wrote:As promised...

Last night I was invited to be a guest on the A-News podcast to discuss Atheism Plus. Joining me -- also voicing criticism of A+ -- were Lee Moore, Brian Allen, and Reap Paden.

http://a-news.apartmentj.com/?p=704

Enjoy!
That was pretty damn good, Justin!

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Tigzy wrote:
Steersman wrote:
Tigzy wrote:@steersman

Unless I put her off by suggesting in a previous post that she might masturbate with a dried-up poo while persuing the pyt.
Yea, some might consider that a little “off-putting”, some souls being a little more sensitive than others ....

Sort of tends to be a little counter-productive, as suggested by Kazez’s comments about the two different groups in the backlash against feminism ....
Come, come now. It wasn't as if I were suggesting she use any poo but her own. I'm not that crude!
Yes, yes, of course; excuse me – how obtuse of me not to notice that crucial distinction; not at all like the infamous porcupine “joke” ...

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Steersman wrote:
Tigzy wrote:
Steersman wrote:
Tigzy wrote:@steersman

Unless I put her off by suggesting in a previous post that she might masturbate with a dried-up poo while persuing the pyt.
Yea, some might consider that a little “off-putting”, some souls being a little more sensitive than others ....

Sort of tends to be a little counter-productive, as suggested by Kazez’s comments about the two different groups in the backlash against feminism ....
Come, come now. It wasn't as if I were suggesting she use any poo but her own. I'm not that crude!
Yes, yes, of course; excuse me – how obtuse of me not to notice that crucial distinction; not at all like the infamous porcupine “joke” ...
But no-one here's trying to pretend that this is a 'safe-place' for rape victims, Steers.

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

bhoytony wrote:Does anybody have any idea who is actually doing the donkey work for this A+theism stuff? I know McShite came up with the original stroke of genius, but she seems, like all the rest of them, to be a typical slacktivist, having ideas and waiting for somebody else to make them happen. I'd like to know if some idiot put their name to that website.
Whoever it is, they don't have much confidence in its longevity!
The domain expires in less than a year.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

BTW, the guy over at TF's who posted as "Commander Tuvok" has the same pic as the guy who posted as "oolon".

Obvious troll is trolling.

cunt

Post by cunt »

I think i'm going to join that atheism+ forum and actually try to talk about women's rights. See what happens.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

cunt wrote:I think i'm going to join that atheism+ forum and actually try to talk about women's rights. See what happens.
So I take it you'll register as "cunt", then?

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

cunt wrote:I think i'm going to join that atheism+ forum and actually try to talk about women's rights. See what happens.
:lol: Any lurking A plusser will now be getting back to Comic Jenni with a possible 'High Alert' Slymepitter infiltration.

I think you've put them up to Defcon 4 now, Cunt.

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

20 Circle Jerks as morning exercise:
I do a guest post
by Ophelia Benson

Taslima invited me to write a post on why I'm a feminist, so now I get to have the honor of a post on Taslima's blog. Woot!
Check Taslima's engrams while you are at it.
She may be a level 2 theistan, if she has enough money.

Reap

Post by Reap »

CommanderTuvok wrote:The blurb at Atheism+
What is Atheism+?
Atheism+ is safe space for people to discuss how religion affects everyone and to apply skepticism and critical thinking to everything, including social issues like sexism, racism, GLBT issues, politics, poverty, and crime.
Except if you smell! Then you can fuck off! These privileged poseurs don't want the "great unwashed" putting their grubby mitts on the new movement!!!

:P
I can imagine the A+ forum

A1: So there's gonna be an election soon

A2: Yep

A1: I knew it!

A2: Stealing is bad

A1: Yep But what about stealing and lying?

A2: Oh that's really bad.....worse than just stealing

A1: I hate racism

A2: me too

A3: me too

A4:I think we've made some positive progress regarding racism in the last 30 years

Richard Carrier: WHAT DID YOU SAY?! Get the hell out of here you retarded evil vile pissant! Some people are still racist in case you didn't notice..

A4: but I didn't say there was no racism

Richard Carrier: SHUT UP! You are being unreasonable. You are now out of the atheism and skeptical movement.

A4: but I didn't say that there were no racists

Richard Carrier: You were going to. Now-I HAVE SPOKEN!!! It has been done, be gone!

Rebecca Watson: Richard! You were so brave KISS ME!

Richard Carrier: Can't we just have coffee?

A1: I don't feel that safe....

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Apologies if this has been posted here previously, but a woman I follow on Twitter (@Whoozley) has provided probably the clearest and calmest takedown on atheism+ I have seen yet.
This, in a nutshell, is why Atheism Plus is getting shot to shit on Twitter and elsewhere. The fact is that you cannot label your group new and improved without by extension labeling everyone else old and inferior. You cannot call yourself morally superior without telling everyone else they're morally inferior. You can't pronounce yourself moral arbiter without telling everyone else their opinion matters less than your own (or not at all, if you're Richard Carrier). Thus - INSTANTLY - Atheism Plus has made everyone who wasn't involved from the very beginning feel misjudged, wronged and vilified.
More here:

http://musingsbysoggymog.blogspot.com/2 ... -then.html

cunt

Post by cunt »

Gumby wrote:
Only if Spokesgay is taken.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

cunt wrote:
Gumby wrote:
Only if Spokesgay is taken.
Hey, you should register that now! Beat the rush!

franc

Post by franc »

Git wrote:
franc wrote:Also, Sabbath = best band ever.
Suck on this.

[youtube]AOF4OOzFKXY[/youtube]

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Ye gods, but that A+ forum is a dry and humorless place; I've never seen such a display of bland earnestness on all the interwebz.

Good luck with that one, folks.

franc

Post by franc »

CommanderTuvok wrote:Oh, and notice the reference to people who smell? Is that a snarky reference to Franc?
My balls usually smell like cat food. I offer them to Ophelia as first hand, empirical evidence. First time for everything eh Pruney? Ooh, you dirty cunt, I meant first time for empirical evidence.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

franc wrote:
Git wrote:
Suck on this.

[youtube]AOF4OOzFKXY[/youtube]
That was fucking horrible.

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

As for Kazez and her bigoted nonsense, I was waiting for someone to put 2 & 2 together about my fake jewellery design.
Some of you "got" aspects of it, but it was multi-faceted.
It was also an observation on the following irony mine:

⌘ Jen applauds & encourages the use of a wearable personal label by which to discriminate bewteen "us" & "undesirables".

⌘ She is aware that said label was used to forcibly tag women for persecution:
This design of course also references the period in history when female adulterers were shunned unfairly by society and forced to wear a scarlet letter A.
-RDF
So, Jen wants to use an historical symbol of persecution by which to discriminate bewteen "us" & "undesirables".

⌘ That Greeks used small clay tablets (ostracons) around the same size by which to secretly vote that a citizen should be exiled from their society. (Thus "ostracism")
The irony is palpable here. Maybe the historians amongst trhem have not been paying attention in class, and instead doodle new logos when they should be listening?

Note any parallels without thinking of German ghettos?
Yet Kazez has a fainting-fit over my pointing out this massive embarrassing cock-up with a direct equivalent.
(Mentioning that Sulky claims to be Jewish & that I should have known this with my mind-reading powers, and that apparently that fact should exempt her from all criticism!)
Kazez is perfectly able to ask me any questions here, and I will do my damndest to respond honestly.
But no. She is such a highly trained critical thinker that her conclusions are perfectly formed from the outset, and she does not need to alter them.
Bloody philosophers.
I won't even delve into the contentious issue of tattoos.

Bloody philosophers!
Nearly as excreble as Professional Theologians at critical thought. Spit.

Notung

Post by Notung »

http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7#p50
Pteryxx wrote:it might be useful to have JAQ'ing off be a criterion for temporary silencing or banning; as in, if someone persistently refuses to address the education they're given.
I can't believe someone wrote that and it wasn't a parody.

cunt

Post by cunt »

Tigzy wrote:Ye gods, but that A+ forum is a dry and humorless place; I've never seen such a display of bland earnestness on all the interwebz.

Too long, didn't read for every post. Still, the "Direct action" thread could be good, as it'll turn into one giant list of excuses as to why these lazy idiots can't do anything.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Notung wrote:http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7#p50
Pteryxx wrote:it might be useful to have JAQ'ing off be a criterion for temporary silencing or banning; as in, if someone persistently refuses to address the education they're given.
I can't believe someone wrote that and it wasn't a parody.
"The education they're given".

Wow, just when you think these fucks can't get any more condescending.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Oh shit! WoolyBumblebee has just joined the A+ forum. :lol:

Never know, it might actually get a bit interesting. /popcorn

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

ERV wrote:http://atheismplus.com/

HAAAAAAAAAAA!

Im going to have a post up on Saturday-- The more they do shit like this, the funnier my post will be.

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
Can we get them for false advertising? Critical thinking for everything? Orly?

Plus, if this is going to be a safe space, they are going to have to moderate it even worse than their own blogs. Registration invite only, no guests, maybe no anonymous viewers, zero-tolerance for dissent....hmm. The echo is going to be huge, for the two or three people who are allowed to stay.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

I see they got rid of that banner right quick. Hahahaha. Nice to see how easily the Pit pulls their strings.

I'm not seeing Woolly Bumblebee, did she get banned already?

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Tigzy wrote:
Gumby wrote:Just so it's immortalized...

http://i48.tinypic.com/4qpmjb.jpg
I guess that's what you'd call a Freudian clip.

I took a screencap of the page, just in case.
Thanks for that. When I just looked, it was changed.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

https://twitter.com/atheismplus/status/ ... 7852279809
Atheism+ ‏@atheismplus

Look - parodies aren't funny or useful. Someone was bitter enough to make an entire FORUM to mock us: http://atheismplus.com/forums/index.php … #atheismplus

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Gumby wrote:I see they got rid of that banner right quick. Hahahaha. Nice to see how easily the Pit pulls their strings.

I saw her nym pop up in the 'newest member' thingy - but it was quickly superceded by another.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Za-zen wrote:A+theism.... It is had said many times before, you just can't parody these fuckwits, the reality is always more absurd.

Lets expand on Myers analogy, this party is the atheist party, and fine myers and his morons go off to the library for their circle jerk because they don't appreciate socialising with the unclean, but can they stay in the fucking library? No. The bastards start whining to the host about all the horrible people who are at the party wanting them kicked out, in order to make it a nicer party, start threatening the host that they'll ruin the party if their demands for a nicer party aren't met, they start demanding the other attendees keep the noise down, they are all in fancy dress, and think everyone else should be in fancy dress. They are told the fancy dress party is in the house down the road, and really if they don't like the party they should fuck off to it, but they insist all partys should be fancy dress.

The pyt has been Sounding the alarm bell about this clique for a long time, what do people think the whole harassment policies at conventions were about?! Harassment?! Catch a fucking grip.
A+ and its agenda has been around for a long time, they just fucking announced themselves recently.
They remind me of the snooty people in Marx Brothers movies, or the Stooges. The ones who end up fainting or getting insulted and flouncing off.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

"BillPlus" @ http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=160#p160
I think the first step should be establishing a formal declaration of intent by which all local groups can rally around. Something that formally sets the definition of what A+ means and sets guidelines for how it operates. Bringing about social and political change is not unlike marketing and A+ should be thought of like a “brand”. As such we need to formally establish what that brand is and then work to protect it.
Yep, they started a whole new movement, and they don't even know what it is yet. All they've managed to do so far is tack a fucking plus sign at the end of the atheist "A" and attract a bunch of Women's Studies 101 armchair slacktivists. "Wheee! We're gonna change the world? Uh, what is this all about, anyway?"

KarlVonMox

Post by KarlVonMox »

Gumby wrote:I see they got rid of that banner right quick. Hahahaha. Nice to see how easily the Pit pulls their strings.

Its funny isnt it. Many of them claim they would never, ever read this forum - yet someone almost certainly is.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

"Pwrong" @ http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=169#p169
On the topic of outreach to local atheist groups, in some cases it may be possible to simply tack on the A+ label to groups that already exist and agree with us.
Nah, they're not trying to take over the atheist movement, they're going to start their own separate thingamabob! Jen said so!

Man, this place is going to be a fucking gold mine.

franc

Post by franc »

Gumby wrote:
franc wrote:
Git wrote:
Suck on this.

You need a high end stereo, pitch darkness and LSD to really appreciate.

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Is the first purge about to occur?
Joreth:
I didn't get many catcalls or called "cunt" before the internet, but I never leave the house without a weapon
Two for the price of one!
A nasty anti-feminista gendered curse-word, and an oblique threat from an obvious crazy troll.
Wait and see if their engrams are re-educatable.
Paging Dr Benson...

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

franc wrote:
Gumby wrote:
franc wrote:
Git wrote:
Suck on this.

You need a high end stereo, pitch darkness and LSD to really appreciate.
The first two I have. However, I haven't had the third since the late 80s. Oh well.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

This is going to be amazing. There already some posts and comments up that I'm having difficulty calling as either real or Poe. And I flatter myself as being a pretty good Poe writer and detector.

Now, I'm just waiting for Meyers and the other big names (middle-class white folk every one of them) to put their balls in the blender and actually give Jen some support by posting on her website. Because at the moment it's all just empty words, spoken/written through tightly clenched teeth/fingers.

Come on, Meyers: help the gal out before her boyfriend realizes in 6 months how much this website is costing them and tells her to get the fuck off the internet RIGHT FUCKING NOW.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Tigzy wrote:Oh shit! WoolyBumblebee has just joined the A+ forum. :lol:

Never know, it might actually get a bit interesting. /popcorn
Deserves its own smiley:

:popcorn:

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Gumby wrote:"Pwrong" @ http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=169#p169
On the topic of outreach to local atheist groups, in some cases it may be possible to simply tack on the A+ label to groups that already exist and agree with us.
Nah, they're not trying to take over the atheist movement, they're going to start their own separate thingamabob! Jen said so!

Man, this place is going to be a fucking gold mine.
You're not kidding! These people are bizarre (and not in a good, funny way, either):
I agree entirely that mens' rights belong under feminism- hell, not even that, I believe that mens' rights are an intrinsic part of feminism.
http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic ... 3&t=5#p179

Womens' problems - listen to the wimminz!!!
Mens' problems - listen to the wimminz!!!!

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

This, however, is a Butthole Surfers jam I always have liked:

[youtube]CNAkbbKycCM[/youtube]

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Tigzy wrote:
You're not kidding! These people are bizarre (and not in a good, funny way, either):
I agree entirely that mens' rights belong under feminism- hell, not even that, I believe that mens' rights are an intrinsic part of feminism.
Womens' problems - listen to the wimminz!!!
Mens' problems - listen to the wimminz!!!!
Then logically, women's rights are an intrinsic part of men's rights. Ooops, no, we can't have that. That's uncomfortably close to humanism, and as has been repeatedly femsplained to us, atheism+ isn't humanism!

Atheism+? Kinda like humanism, but we gals take care of the men's rights too. Don't worry guys, you can trust us.

franc

Post by franc »

Gumby wrote:"BillPlus" @ http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=160#p160
I think the first step should be establishing a formal declaration of intent by which all local groups can rally around. Something that formally sets the definition of what A+ means and sets guidelines for how it operates. Bringing about social and political change is not unlike marketing and A+ should be thought of like a “brand”. As such we need to formally establish what that brand is and then work to protect it.
Yep, they started a whole new movement, and they don't even know what it is yet. All they've managed to do so far is tack a fucking plus sign at the end of the atheist "A" and attract a bunch of Women's Studies 101 armchair slacktivists. "Wheee! We're gonna change the world? Uh, what is this all about, anyway?"
http://oi47.tinypic.com/4qm0yw.jpg
Attachments
Screenshot-2.png
(23.05 KiB) Downloaded 180 times

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Someone's trolling them already.

http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=189#p189
I think the first step should be establishing a formal declaration of intent by which all local groups can rally around. Something that formally sets the definition of what A+ means and sets guidelines for how it operates. Bringing about social and political change is not unlike marketing and A+ should be thought of like a “brand”. As such we need to formally establish what that brand is and then work to protect it. And we have to do something about those Jews.
The troll just copied another comment and added the anti-Semitic crap to the end.

I certainly hope that didn't come from here. I seriously doubt it did (and we'll get blamed no matter what in any case), but just in case it did I'm going on record right now and saying *puts on Spokesgay panties* Don't. Just don't. Don't do that. Stop it. Now.

No need to troll. The lulz will come all on their own.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Yeah, I caught that, obviously. Like I said, someone copied someone else's comment and tacked on troll shit at the end.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

^With the stick A+ has been getting on Twitter, that troll could have come from anywhere.

Notung

Post by Notung »

http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6

And here they have a list of arguments you're not allowed to use.

Imagine if the theists did that: "You're not allowed to use the Problem of Evil, Lack of Evidence, Logically Contradictory Characteristics..."

Ok Craig - you're not allowed to use Kalam. I win!

franc

Post by franc »

Gumby wrote:This, however, is a Butthole Surfers jam I always have liked:

CNAkbbKycCM
Pshaw. Washed out pussy commercial Buttholes. Everything post Locust Abortion Technician is Gibby's pension fund.

[youtube]dgXpRqAVL64[/youtube]

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Gumby wrote:"BillPlus" @ http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=160#p160

Look, these things take time. They started out with what was important to them: image (the logo) and exclusivity (the us vs them). Why bother with something so minor as what they really stand for that is unique to them (so far it isn't) when you know all they'll do about things is blog and make speeches no one will listen to.

Say, does joining A+ forum mean I have to color my hair an inhuman color? I like anime, I just don't live in it (although from what I hear, some of them do have the pokeman army going on...)

franc

Post by franc »

Gumby wrote:The troll just copied another comment and added the anti-Semitic crap to the end.

I certainly hope that didn't come from here. I seriously doubt it did (and we'll get blamed no matter what in any case)
Anti-semitic? I think it's an example of particularly dark Jewish sense of humour.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Tigzy wrote:Ye gods, but that A+ forum is a dry and humorless place; I've never seen such a display of bland earnestness on all the interwebz.

The Importance of Being Earnest ....

They've only just started ... maybe they'll yet develop a sense of humour ....

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Gumby wrote:I certainly hope that didn't come from here. I seriously doubt it did (and we'll get blamed no matter what in any case), but just in case it did I'm going on record right now and saying *puts on Spokesgay panties* Don't. Just don't. Don't do that. Stop it. Now.

No need to troll. The lulz will come all on their own.
We can always blame Franc?

I think they would believe that one. But yep, given the amount of crazy that the founders have already displayed, like calls to like ya know and so it should come as no surprise no matter what subsequently show up there.

:popcorn:

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Notung wrote:http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6
Jen Mc1000YrReich: These are the words that are not to be used again on this programme.
She clicks the clicker. On screen appear the following slides:
B*M
B*TTY
P*X
L*DEN
R*T*RD
KN*CKERS
W**-W**
*UNT
KN*CKERS
D*CK
MYERS

Ophiliar: Myers!?
Jen Mc1000YrReich: (pointing) Out!

(This blog software actually auto-censors the word S E M P R I N I !!)

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Notung wrote:http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6

Imagine if the theists did that: "You're not allowed to use the Problem of Evil, Lack of Evidence, Logically Contradictory Characteristics..."

Ok Craig - you're not allowed to use Kalam. I win!
I like this bit:
Civility guidelines are not an excuse for bad behaviour: The above rules are guidelines for dealing with the majority of cases. They are not absolute laws, and they are certainly not excuses to hide behind. If there is no reasonable explanation for a post besides malice, then it is not necessary to pretend otherwise. If someone endlessly brings up the same refuted argument in multiple threads, then engaging them straight away may be justified. If someone with an atrocious reputation from elsewhere asks slippery but plausibly innocent questions, then it may be reasonable to assume dishonesty.
(my bolding) - in fact, it may even be reasonable to assume dishonesty even before the slippery but plausibly innocent questions have been asked, eh Jen! :lol:

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Michael K Gray wrote: (This blog software actually auto-censors the word S E M P R I N I !!)
For that you get a special rank!!!