Periodic Table of Swearing

Old subthreads
Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Post by Gumby »

jjbinx007 wrote:For the record I refuse to post on the FTB network on the grounds that

a) I don't want my posts altering by the privileged admins

b) posting something on FTB which the hive mind disagrees with soon turns into this:

[youtube][/youtube]

c) If I'm banned for disagreeing with the hive mind (or for the crime of posting on this forum) then I would lose my right to reply and defend myself from the shit flung at me in my absence.

d) By adding comments I would inevitably contribute in some way towards page views, which leads to ad revenue (even if I have adblock installed, many others don't)

Also, if I post to my own blog I don't have the audience that the FTBers do so my thoughts/arguments would not reach as many people.
Agreed. And the vid is apropos. Bunch of wannabe Agent Smith clones.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

jjbinx007 wrote:OK I screwed up the Youtube link. It's basically a load of Agent Smiths fighting Neo, but you could also imagine what the maximum number of 5 year olds you could take on at once and win.
I was going to post my favourite xmas music video anyways, so I'll use it as the example in A Youtube Embedding Tutorial:

A youtube video url will come in two different types. The kind with the video code at the end, and the kind with the code in the middle. You need to strip off this extra stuff before putting the code (alone) between the youtube tags.

Here are two different urls going to the same video:

Code: Select all

code at the end:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23cjXModWpA

and code in the middle:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23cjXModWpA&list=FLGfAOgQRByLDu5xejATsjDw
Always get rid of everything up to and including, the first (or only) equal sign "=".
The stuff after it is the code, but note in the second example, there is extra stuff after the code.
The extra stuff after always begins with an "&" followed by whatever extra stuff.
Strip off the &'s and the extra stuff following at the end.

To sum it up, just keep the part between the first "=" and the first "&" (if there is one).

We are left with just the code: 23cjXModWpA so...

Code: Select all

Now put that inside youtube tags:
[youtube]23cjXModWpA[/youtube]
The above tag and code will become this when posted:

[youtube]23cjXModWpA[/youtube]

Reap

Post by Reap »

Ha ha PZ like a bird that keeps running into windows because they cant tell they are closed

http://reapsowradio.com/graphics/pzloses.jpg

franc

Post by franc »

Scented Nectar wrote:I was going to post my favourite xmas music video anyways
It's crassmass here now -

[youtube]bOodGETbGmA[/youtube]

Reap

Re: Mighty Hero Myers

Post by Reap »

Gumby wrote:
franc wrote:Because the short fat prick reads here. The hero just posted this -

Once again, the Lord has made my enemies ridiculous

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... idiculous/

- beating his chest about how feeble the MRA's, rapists and chillgirls are for failing to rise to his challenge. Seems timely to remind Myers of John the Others offer which he has not responded to as yet -

http://www.avoiceformen.com/video/remin ... pz-meyers/

Myers the hero - no wonder JTO terrifies him. He has to fly home to the safety of Buttfuck Minnesota just to gather enough nerve to harass a small time gelato vendor.

Myers, you are a liar, a charlatan, a fraud, but above all else, an inconsequential chickenshit. You do the community proud. Not to mention, you are also god's gift to the loopy religious right.
Well, not that this outcome was hard to predict, but I'll brag anyway - did I call that or what? Creationist-style debate tactics par excellence by PZ.

I never went to that post, and I don't know how many people from here took Peezus up on his insincere trap of an offer. But any who did go (and I think at least one or two did) shouldn't have. Of course no matter what anyone said, he was going to gloat and ridicule, say no one brought any decent points up and dance around in front of all his grubby worshipers... just like the creationist leaders he learned this trick from. What the hell else did anyone expect from that dishonest fuck? Actual debate? Honest discussion? Serious consideration of points made by us? Really?

If anyone here did participate in that nonsense, hope y'all learned something. Re-read what Welch said about NMDs if you're not sure.

<giordana>Sorry so snippy. I'm quite cranky this morning.</giordana>
I expected exactly what happened. Thats why I posted. You don't convince people that someone is peddling bullshit by being quiet. This forum is useful but PZ's comment section is still the best place to reach people who will see he is an idiot. They will see it even faster if others are echoing their thoughts. If someone who reads the post says to themselves "Hey PZ just said something lame" Then they read the comments and no one makes a single noise about it. That person might think "Well maybe he is right , after all no one called him on it" His readers are not all morons and the majority don't really buy into his brand of skepticism/feminism I'm betting. If he keeps up like he is then he will shrivel up. Once his readership dips (like it already has) he will get discouraged and we will see the number of posts go down. Win.

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

Reap wrote:Ha ha PZ like a bird that keeps running into windows because they cant tell they are closed

http://reapsowradio.com/graphics/pzloses.jpg
I see that this triggered the Nerd of Redhead macro at Pharyngula.

Philip of Tealand

Post by Philip of Tealand »

I'd just like to wish you all the most recklessly outrageous Xmas I could possibly muster with this much Tea inside me!

Catch you in the New Year

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

Skep tickle wrote:Anyone know if Ed smokes or used to smoke? On his blog he suggested maybe a fungal infection or sarcoidosis, but enlarged lymph nodes in the chest & a bunch of fluid where it really shouldn't be in a middle-age white westerner is probably more likely to be lung cancer.
I was thinking congestive heart failure, but that wouldn't explain the lymph nodes. No idea whether Ed was/is a smoker, though. He might be in denial about his health status too ... the possible causes he gave could happen to anyone regardless of lifestyle, as opposed to coronary artery disease and hypertension sequelae, which are usually (not always, of course) the result of poor dietary and lifestyle choices.

Cynical bitch that I am, I'm putting the "open heart surgery" description in the same category as Greta's repetition of "cancer surgery" = more dramatic effect in the context of begging for donations.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

BarnOwl wrote:which are usually (not always, of course) the result of poor dietary and lifestyle choices.
Which, as hateful victim blaming, puts the ideologically pure Social Justice Warrior firmly on the side of McDonalds and Phillip Morris.

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

So, now -- Stephanie -- it's OK to link the addresses of those you disagree with on the internet if the information is easy to find on Google? Interesting...

curious lurker

Post by curious lurker »

As usual, not being a dedicated Internet follower of much of anything, I'm going to bang through the screen door way late on this; it's in reference to the "PZ did/didn't say belief in God should be punishable by death" statement quoted by a poster on The Why Evolution is True site a couple of weeks ago.

I'd been somewhat curious about where the WEIT poster could have sourced the alleged quote from (they initially said they might have encountered it on the old ERV thread, which turned out not to be the case). In any event, after a little diligent (read: dilatory) searching every now and again, I think I may have found a possible source:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... 4169,d.eWU

Don't bore yourself to death reading the entire thing, but early on in a comments debate between a poster named Robin Z. and another bloke called Andy, Andy asserts that he has read Myers statement to that effect (along with a statement allegedly also made by Myers that anyone who espouses belief in god should be denied the chance to become a graduate student). Andy intimates, but doesn't state directly, that he read both of these statements of Myers' on the Pharyngula FtB site, but that Myers subsequently deleted them, and therefore he's been unable to locate them on a Google search. I've done a search using the phrase 'pz myers says belief in god should be punishable by death', but haven't found anything more direct than this particular link.

Who the hell knows if Andy is lying or not, but the link is of some interest for being the likely place the WEIT poster sourced the supposed Myers quote from, thus raising a mini-shitstorm on Jerry's site.

Can't be arsed to post this to Jerry's blog myself, but if anyone else has any wish to do so, feel free.

Please excuse this brief interruption and return to regular programming, guys. ;)

Tkmlac

Post by Tkmlac »

FtBers asking for donations for their "health scares." No accountability or oversight on how the funds are used. I'm not saying these health scares didn't happen, but its strange to me that upper class, educated whites as privileged as they are can't go to their families, their savings accounts, or that they don't have better health coverage.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Steersman wrote:
Pitchguest wrote:I'm sorry, Steers, but have you gone senile? You know as well as I do that Vacula didn't post Amy's address as a malevolent act. He posted it in light of an accusation that he'd counter-DMCA to get her address.
So then intent is now magic again? I can never keep track of when it is and when it isn’t, although I do notice that in virtually all cases it tends to be self-serving …. In addition, I don’t recollect there being any text added by JV to unambiguously indicate that he posted it for that reason, at least at the time he posted it. And thanks for reminding me about Browian [AKK, so to speak] – just a little disingenuous to claim that that isn’t doxing when several here did everything but lead people by the hand to the evidence. No difference that I see with what Laden did to find and post Mykeru’s information. And likewise with U of T protesters.
No, it was abundantly clear that was his intent. His only mistake is posting the actual address, instead of merely pointing out where you can find out for yourself.
I can't remember the exact timeline, but if I recall that happened *after* Laden had issued a challenge to Mykeru to reveal his name and address and later calling him a coward when he wouldn't by his rules.
If Mykeru’s name is so readily available on his blog – which he acknowledged and pointed to once if not several times in his tweets – one has to think that his “umbrage” is more feigned than real, more suggestive of crocodile tears and a chess gambit.
The point isn't that Mykeru's name can be easily found. The point is that Greg was trying to strong-arm Mykeru so they could meet "face to face", but Mykeru didn't play his game. That's a veiled threat if any. It doesn't matter if Mykeru wasn't phased by it or didn't take it seriously, but it does justify the mild mocking and gentle ribbing as a consequence. Still, the principle is the same, no? Don't dox? The exception with Brownian was that he was almost inviting it- he kept going on about how "Ian Brown" isn't his real name, and people are so stupid for not knowing his real name, and his "I bet they can't find out my real name" shtick. It was a self-fulfilling prophecy.

However, again, Mykeru obviously doesn't care if his name is revealed, the thing he cares about is addresses; which Greg broke the unwritten law and did. Except he fucked up. (The hypocrisy, of course, being Vacula was condemned for the same thing, except he didn't do it out of spite.)
And the 'Zvan/Laden sex-tape' is what I would call gentle ribbing, not even close to harassment.
I certainly got a bit of chuckle out of it, although more of an "ouch", but I wonder if you would call it a “gentle ribbing” if you were the target - repeatedly, if the allusion was to you and a friend? But even the definition gives some justification for the characterization:
1. To irritate or torment persistently.
2. To wear out; exhaust.
3. To impede and exhaust (an enemy) by repeated attacks or raids.
And I seem to recollect that Dawkins was less than impressed from being caricatured when I thought it was no worse than that religious motif one with Benson, Carrier and company; in the eye of the beholder and all that ….
You mean "Dear Muslima"? The response to that wasn't harassment. It was stupid and petty bullshit, sure, but not harassment. I'm sure Dawkins has experienced his fair share of what it means to truly be harassed to conflate the two (he clearly doesn't consider his hate mail on the internet harassment in any way, shape or form, as he gladly reads them out to viewers mocking them).
Fuck sake, according to himself, he's a "large muscular guy" with a viscious pitbull and a gun tucked away in his trousers. With credentials like that, wouldn't you think he'd have a thicker skin?
And you apparently read neither JG’s post nor Laden’s closely enough to notice – maybe some bias? – that that was some very heavy sarcasm. Which, considering the anathematizing of smilies in this neck of the woods, doesn’t seem something you can credibly criticize him for, particularly since he did everything but draw you a picture pointing to that fact:
JG wrote:His tactics are really creepy when you analyze them. He recently posted this:
… I do not regard physical threats as unimportant. It is just that I am a very large, muscular man with martial arts training who never goes anywhere without my pit bull, and I always carry a gun. I am also famous for kicking ass, generally.
He wants to be quote-mined. He craves having a gotcha moment. He waits for somebody to post that quote without acknowledging his post’s cryptic last sentence. Paraphrased: ”Am I kidding? Hard to say.”
It would take a rather large amount of obtuseness or, at best, significant carelessness (or tiredness) to read that literally as a credible threat.
The image procured for himself, yes. Indeed, intent is magic, and my intent pointing that out was sarcasm. But the point still stands: Greg wants to think of himself as a big man with balls of steel, so you would figure he'd be able to take a hit or two - metaphorically speaking.
That was meant for Zvan, not you. Don't be melodramatic, Steers.
Ah, missed the “Stephanie” just before that, possibly because it was in a different sentence. But mea culpa.

[Time for me to call it a day as well; night all. Although, as a postscript, it is quite interesting and amusing to see from your last post that Gilliel and Brownian, at least, are coming down against Greg; at least some consistency.]
Haha. Happy Solstice, Steers! :handgestures-thumbup:

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Skep Tickle: How do I look "French"? That's stereotyping alright, you countryist! And please refrain from using "Montoya". It seems some people are pop-culture deficient and could be baffled by such obscure references, you Princess Brideist!

This cesspool of slyme is getting more and more unsafe-space.

Did I get that right? I'm working on trolling A+
I disagree with the Tickler: I think this photograph make you look as though you're having a hard time trying to lay a cable. Thank goodness it doesn't go any lower.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

justinvacula wrote:So, now -- Stephanie -- it's OK to link the addresses of those you disagree with on the internet if the information is easy to find on Google? Interesting...
Jesus Christ, Justin, but you are thick. How many times does Stefunny and He-Man Greg have to lead by example for you to get it?

It has nothing to do with how easy the information is to find. Do you think going through real estate records to find my ex-wife's old address was easy?

No, it's only okay if the right person does it, who knows the right people and is on the Right Side of History.

No wonder you were unable to conform to the glorious FreepThought group-think.

P.S. Any hypothetical sex tape involving Stephanie "The Whack" Svan and Greg "Theory" Laden would look something like this:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8212/8302 ... 1f43_o.gif

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Jan Steen wrote:
3. To further encourage those people, he compares them to cockroaches.
He probably meant inyenzi.

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

Mykeru wrote:
justinvacula wrote:So, now -- Stephanie -- it's OK to link the addresses of those you disagree with on the internet if the information is easy to find on Google? Interesting...
Jesus Christ, Justin, but you are thick. How many times does Stefunny and He-Man Greg have to lead by example for you to get it?

It has nothing to do with how easy the information is to find. Do you think going through real estate records to find my ex-wife's old address was easy?

No, it's only okay if the right person does it, who knows the right people and is on the Right Side of History.

P.S. Any hypothetical sex tape involving Stephanie "The Whack" Svan and Greg "Theory" Laden would look something like this:

My sarcasm sucks, I suppose. I'm pointing out Zvan's hypocrisy. Zvan argued that my linking of Surly Amy's info (which was linked to debunk a conspiracy) was immoral and now seems to be defending linking of info because she claims it's public. If it's ok to link Mykeru's [false] information, why would it then -- on her accounting -- not be OK to link Surly Amy's very public address linked to her business?

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Steersman wrote: If Mykeru’s name is so readily available on his blog – which he acknowledged and pointed to once if not several times in his tweets – one has to think that his “umbrage” is more feigned than real, more suggestive of crocodile tears and a chess gambit.
Usually I let your crap slide because it's obvious your strong point isn't paying attention to details that don't feed your confirmation bias for whatever point you are trying to tug out your ass.

I have no idea where you got the notion that I pointed to my name on my blog in my Tweets, initiating or otherwise, but again, details isn't what you are good at. What I refer to was the FTB effort to dig through internet archives. I never said the name was on the current version of my blog.

Actually, if you remember, but you don't, Oolon, Benson, et. al. spent a lot of time complaining that my domain was under anonymous registration. To find my name required digging trough internet archive to find the previous doxing in 2005 and some copyright information.

Again, this may be too nuanced for your level of pompous stupidity, but saying that someone who was obviously spending a lot of time and effort digging for it and was thwarted by their own incompetence isn't the same thing as it being "readily available".

What I was mocking was how long this obvious concerted effort took.

That I didn't run around in the sort of abject "my world is ending" terror like doxer's dream about doesn't mean that I don't care. As batman said, you don't wear the mask for yourself, you wear it for those who you care about.

You know nothing about the sort of right wing loons that doxed me back then, and how they scared the shit out of my then wife who didn't take the "your wife (all 5'2' and 100 lbs of her) would be easy to spot" remarks in the light-hearted manner in which they were intended. Eh, maybe she cried crocodile tears.

And just because I'm not going to pack up my bug out bag and live in the hills eating berries before they get around to their next step of employer tattling and attempting to get me fired with a bunch of bullshit accusations that aren't going to work doesn't mean I don't care about that either.

And just because I didn't run down the street to the Washington field office of the FBI before they get around to harassing my now ex-wife or having some minion asshole put in a few "concern trolling" calls to my elderly parents doesn't mean I don't care about that either.

Fuck you.

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

LMAO! Ok, so Greg Laden is very butthurt. It seems Mykeru put out a tweet encouraging people to review Greggie-poo-kins book, "Sungudogo". Now, the tweet *DOES NOT SAY* to give a 1 star review. Rather just review it. Greg lies (what a shocker!) in his post and says Mykeru is "asking his friends to write one star reviews" of his (I'm assuming) shit book.

If you're interested in reading Greg's verbal barfing, here's the link - http://scienceblogs.com/gregladen/2012/ ... -sungudogo.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

justinvacula wrote:
Mykeru wrote:

My sarcasm sucks, I suppose. I'm pointing out Zvan's hypocrisy. Zvan argued that my linking of Surly Amy's info (which was linked to debunk a conspiracy) was immoral and now seems to be defending linking of info because she claims it's public. If it's ok to link Mykeru's [false] information, why would it then -- on her accounting -- not be OK to link Surly Amy's very public address linked to her business?
Dude, I was meeting your sarcasm with more sarcasm. Should we get to tertiary-level sarcasm the FreepThought Bloggers reading this will be so confused by the Klein-bottle nature of the sarcasm that in trying to twist their heads around it they''ll get their brains stuck even further up their asses.

Because, you know, they are hanging on every word.

P.S. Hi Steph.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

ReneeHendricks wrote:LMAO! Ok, so Greg Laden is very butthurt. It seems Mykeru put out a tweet encouraging people to review Greggie-poo-kins book, "Sungudogo". Now, the tweet *DOES NOT SAY* to give a 1 star review. Rather just review it. Greg lies (what a shocker!) in his post and says Mykeru is "asking his friends to write one star reviews" of his (I'm assuming) shit book.

If you're interested in reading Greg's verbal barfing, here's the link - http://scienceblogs.com/gregladen/2012/ ... -sungudogo.
This edition of "WAAAHHHH!!! UNFAIR!!!" brought to you by the crowd who loves to "pharyngulate" polls to skew the results in their favor. Hypocrites.

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

Lsuoma wrote:
Jan Steen wrote:
3. To further encourage those people, he compares them to cockroaches.
He probably meant inyenzi.
Taking his cue from Brownian, who called the Slymepitters 'subhuman scum'. I used to think that PZ was better than his commenters, but he is in fact at least as bad as the worst of them.

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

Suggestion:
If you happen to link blogs written by Greg Laden, Surly Amy, PZ Myers, Rebecca Watson, etc from now on, can you instead go to www.freezepage.com or a similar site and link to the frozen page to
- reduce their hits
- save the original so tampering/edits don't interfere

Thanks.

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

Gumby wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:LMAO! Ok, so Greg Laden is very butthurt. It seems Mykeru put out a tweet encouraging people to review Greggie-poo-kins book, "Sungudogo". Now, the tweet *DOES NOT SAY* to give a 1 star review. Rather just review it. Greg lies (what a shocker!) in his post and says Mykeru is "asking his friends to write one star reviews" of his (I'm assuming) shit book.

This edition of "WAAAHHHH!!! UNFAIR!!!" brought to you by the crowd who loves to "pharyngulate" polls to skew the results in their favor. Hypocrites.
It is also funny that Laden doesn't even know the title of his own book. He calls it Sungodogo when it is in fact Sungudogo. :D

However, I would not review a book I haven't read, or publish a judgement which is at variance with my actual opinion. Not saying that anyone has, in this case, but the temptation to do something unethical can be great at times.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Lsuoma wrote:
I disagree with the Tickler: I think this photograph make you look as though you're having a hard time trying to lay a cable. Thank goodness it doesn't go any lower.
Now that you're saying it, I kinda see it...

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Considering the amount of palava Svan and others put into the concept of "victim blaming", it is sad to see them doing it to Justin Griffith.

Svan is a complete hypocrite regarding her defence of Laden, and her stance on doxxing. We called her out on this months ago, and now it seems we were 100% spot on.

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

justinvacula wrote:Suggestion:
If you happen to link blogs written by Greg Laden, Surly Amy, PZ Myers, Rebecca Watson, etc from now on, can you instead go to http://www.freezepage.com or a similar site and link to the frozen page to
- reduce their hits

Thanks.
Good tip. Here is the freeze peach freezepage link to Laden's page with the misspelled book title:

http://www.freezepage.com/1356370024BWHJTBZMKX

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

So, now -- Stephanie -- it's OK to link the addresses of those you disagree with on the internet if the information is easy to find on Google? Interesting...
But consider, J. VST Vacula, that poor Surly-set-upon's address was posted on a HATE site.

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

I recently appeared on the A-News Podcast alongside Reap and others:

http://skepticink.com/justinvacula/2012 ... s-podcast/

We discuss the FFRF banner and vandalism of the banner in the first 22 minutes. Following that, we discuss the likely poe feminist Tumblr "FeminismRising," Melody Hensley, Greg Laden, alleged sexism in gaming, and more.

Dilurk

Post by Dilurk »

justinvacula wrote:Suggestion:
If you happen to link blogs written by Greg Laden, Surly Amy, PZ Myers, Rebecca Watson, etc from now on, can you instead go to http://www.freezepage.com or a similar site and link to the frozen page to
- reduce their hits

Thanks.
I'm glad you found this. It's something I was wishing was around since I never ever visit the FftB except by accident. Someone on twitter posts links and I can't tell before I have click on the link.

jjbinx007

Post by jjbinx007 »

Greg just asked people to review a book they haven't read and give it a positive score! That's against Amazon's T&C.

jjbinx007

Post by jjbinx007 »

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/23/techn ... .html?_r=1&

"Giving raves to family members is no longer acceptable. Neither is writers’ reviewing other writers. But showering five stars on a book you admittedly have not read is fine."

Tut tut, Greg. Asking people to give high scores and fake reviews to a book they've never read? What an unethical asshat you are.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Gumby wrote:

:lol: Ah, there is a Santa after all. And no, Greg, Mykeru didn't ask people to give it a 1 star review, you snivelling, lying little toad - as the screencap you put so prominently on yor page demonstrates. Honestly, o tomato-faced one - do you really think other people are as stupid as you? I do like the fact that you fall back on the 'but it's for charideee!' ploy, as if that makes your book suddenly readable. Jesus, even your poor old pal Emily couldn't bring herself to give it five stars. Talk about a half-hearted, 'I really don't wanna do this' puff:
After having flipped through a few of the previews for it, I'm anxiously anticipating reading this little book in its entirety.
:lol: Merry Christmas, Greg.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Nah, I can do without reading Laden's spewing because I've already determined that he's mentally and emotionally a twelve-year old and/or just fucking delusional.

He really seems incapable to thinking through the next step. Steersman is right to the extent that unlike Laden, I can think a couple steps ahead. That doesn't make me a chess player though, just not stupid.

The thing that puzzled me at first is that he keeps using the name "Michael Cortese" when all the "about" and copyright on the site was under "M.G. Cortese", as I was named for my grandfathers, Michael Anthony Cortese and Gordon Ian MacKenzie. Then it occurred to me that he's trying to form an association to my half-hearted professional LinkedIn account for the next Asshole On The Internet play of employer tattling.

As I was the recipient of some ridiculous and impossible accusations back in 2005 --after all, that goes hand-in-hand with doxxing-- that I was hosting my site on my employer's server when I got involved in this recent schism I joked about it to people in my office, including my boss, telling him to expect more of the same. The joke there is where I work the desktops are in total lock-down. You need administrative privileges to install a fucking extension in Chrome and we don't even have Window's Movie maker on our PCs. Even trying to access a site like Incompetech (where I got the theme music for Creepy Bittergrrl) to download PDF graph paper is blocked for "MP3 Downloading". All the stuff they find most offensive is done with my own programs, on my own time or with my own smartphone. Contrary to the sort of selective Right-to-Work mentality the FTBers may have, I can have my own life and right to conscience.

Now, where it's really apparent that none of these clown can think ahead, is after my doxing in 2005 I planned ahead should someone do more of the same. I have lawyers on retainer at Vienna Law Group in Fairfax, VA. As soon as Laden, Svan or one of their minions begins the employer tattling and bogus accusation, I sue them, as the instigators, for tortuous interference. Way back in October I posted here that my long game, should the harassment start, is getting the principle assholes in the FTB clown car of harassment under deposition and that dream may yet come true.

I don't know how much Ed Brayton has got to spend to get his pipes cleaned, but he should seriously set aside some money for lawyers.

If they have been going over what I have written with a fine-tooth comb then surely they would have known there would be consequences for their habitual doxxing and harassment, so any of their whining about it as it goes down, after they were warned, will be laughed at.

I don't know why no one has sued these fuckers for libel and interference yet, but I assume it was just a lack of resources or will. But that can't be the case because I'm sure people would kick up a few bucks to watch Greg Laden's deposition on YouTube.

Apparently Laden thought he would dox me and I would slink off begging not to be harmed by his superior haxxor skills. Yeah, dream on pud-knocker, because within minutes I brought attention to your crap book and encouraged people to review it. I did say it wasn't worth the single 5 star review he's been gloating over, but that's within my rights and isn't tortuous interference, otherwise Michiko Kakutani would be giving $10 hand jobs by now.

Although I have no doubt that the FTB meme will be "Mykeru encouraged people to review Greg Laden's book, so getting him fired is fair game". Good luck with that, assholes. If you can't see the difference between some guy flogging his book under his own name for recognition and a few bucks and someone who never mentioned his name, where he works or where his ex-wife lived, then you are too stupid to be tolerated. And you won't be.

The reason I don't mind him kicking around my given name, even if they do the old "keep him out of the conference, he's a evil rape enabler" crap, is that I might try to pick up some of their speaking bucks. I'm not sure who people would prefer to hear, the guy with genuine skeptical credentials who managed, despite talking like a retarded chimp, to get on some podcasts who also does amusing and self-effacing cartoon videos or the twee megalomaniac whose hobby is fobbing off pseudo-scientific crap and harassing people.

It's a toss-up, who is funnier, I guess.

Their other attack is going to inevitably be to claim that I somehow threatened them. We saw this earlier with the Ophelia Benson "Mykeru is going to shoot Rebecca Watson" attempted meme.

I will address exactly why claims of violent intent from people who obviously live very sheltered lives pisses me off on a personal level in a later post. I am so tired of people whose lives haven't been touched by tragedy --except in their whiny little victim minds -- trivializing violence as a pawn in their cynical little half-bright game.

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

What we knew all along, that the FTB crowd use the word 'misogyny' in a different sense than the civilised world, is made explicit by this commenter on Ophelia Benson's blog:
Overt misogyny is the outright expression of hatred of women in general.
Not quite. Misogyny is a term that is being redefined. Just as ‘misanthrope’ is being recast less as actual hatred of humanity to a form of curmudgeonliness about other people, so is ‘misogynist’ being defined to be a deeper hue of sexism.

This is a good thing too, because we need a word for the more egregious form of sexist. These are the ones who do not come so clearly labelled as bigots but are adept at disguising their ugly sexism, or able to muddy the waters by passing their filth off as harmless larks.
So, a misogynist is a sexist who disguises their sexism so that it is not directly noticeable. In other words, it may take the intuition of a witch finder to spot a misogynist under this redefined definition. We all know how proficient the average FTBer is in identifying witches, don't we? No wonder they see misogynists (redefined ones, that is) everywhere, even, or especially, in the Slyme Pit.

http://www.freezepage.com/1356371919BGMKLONATI

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

Mykeru wrote:

This is symptomatic of a problem that goes far beyond the realm of Baboondom. Sometimes referred to as "identity politics" it 's where an act is judged not by its nature, but by the affiliation of the actor.
It's one of the reasons I was such a huge fan of Hitch. He almost never fell into that particular tar pit.
It's also the primary reason I don't identify with any ideology other than, perhaps, humanism. Once you pin your colors to a particular cause or tribe sooner or later you wind up making yourself look ridiculous trying to defend something indefensible "because our side did it".

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

The apologetics are getting really interesting.

http://i.imgur.com/UaRs7.jpg

real horrorshow

Post by real horrorshow »

Mykeru wrote:
BarnOwl wrote:which are usually (not always, of course) the result of poor dietary and lifestyle choices.
Which, as hateful victim blaming, puts the ideologically pure Social Justice Warrior firmly on the side of McDonalds and Phillip Morris.
No no, haven't you seen the lawsuits? McDonalds makes them eat those burgers. Phillip Morris lied to them about smoking. The fact that no one currently alive was born before those risks were well known and widely publicised is not the point. They didn't know. They are the victim, always always!

Also:
[youtube]BqfZUX5svCg[/youtube]

comslave

Post by comslave »

Mykeru wrote:

And 24hour Fitness. They are conspiring to make to go there 6 days a week to keep the weight off.

curious lurker

Post by curious lurker »

jjbinx007 wrote:http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/23/techn ... .html?_r=1&

"Giving raves to family members is no longer acceptable. Neither is writers’ reviewing other writers. But showering five stars on a book you admittedly have not read is fine."

Tut tut, Greg. Asking people to give high scores and fake reviews to a book they've never read? What an unethical asshat you are.

Be careful about that link. I just opened it in a new tab, and it immediately went haywire attempting to populate about 10 more tabs opening. Also seems to have screwed up my computer somewhat even after I managed to jump away from the site.

Couldn't read it anyway. Just seeing Laden's homely mug up there on the header made it impossible for me to delve further. He'd likely get more attention paid to his pieces if he'd wise up and remove his picture from there.

Post by Guest »

I may have just warned about the wrong link. I meant the one going to Laden's article, not the NY Times one.

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

Oh, it's all ok now. Greg is off telling Amazon on Twitter that Mykeru is asking people to write bad reviews. Um, no he's not, Greg. Is he capable of reading??

http://beliefblower.com/pix/gregladen2.JPG

real horrorshow

Darren wrote:It is interesting that in Laden's comment on Stephalump's blog (see Pitchguest's screencap above), he continually refers to the phrase, "to kick someone in the ass", rather than, "to kick someone's ass". Ahh, nuance.
Context baby context. Or, to explain it more fully:
"Unless you've read, memorised and can recite everything I've ever written, you're not qualified to comment, and if you have you're mis-reading it."

This is in contrast to intent as in: "Intent is not magic." Or to explain it more fully:
"It doesn't matter what you meant, we reserve the right to interpret what you said as we please, and it pleases us to be offended. Therefore you are offensive."

I've been meaning to point out that "intent is not magic" bullshit from the baboons for ages. It really is a deeply cynical propaganda tactic. Straight out of the Joseph Goebbels Playbook.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

I have a new toy. A green screen that's much better than the cardboard I was using before.

Now I just need better lighting (or sunnier day) and a topic I feel like ranting about. :)

[youtube]86vWcX5uNuQ[/youtube]

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

real horrorshow wrote:
Also:
[youtube]BqfZUX5svCg[/youtube]
My Xmas eve was gonna suck a bit, but now it doesn't so much. Thanks, Horror!

To everyone, enjoy yourselves tonight.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Jan Steen wrote:
Gumby wrote:

It is also funny that Laden doesn't even know the title of his own book. He calls it Sungodogo when it is in fact Sungudogo. :D

However, I would not review a book I haven't read, or publish a judgement which is at variance with my actual opinion. Not saying that anyone has, in this case, but the temptation to do something unethical can be great at times.
I have no desire to read or review his book, nor do I wish to spam his review section. Not even tempted; there are better and more productive ways to criticize that emotional cripple Laden. However, if I were to read and review it, I would probably not be kind, just based on the "It was a dark and stormy night" line. Maybe he meant it in some tongue-in-cheek way, but it seems to me that kind of writing does not belong in any book I would care to read.

acathode

Post by acathode »

Could someone expand a bit on the logic behind "intent isn't magic!" meme?
I never really understood what it's supposed to convey. To me, intent is almost always a very important factor when dealing with moral questions. Most obvious example, accidentally causing a fatal accident vs carefully planing and then shooting someone in cold blood, even if the outcome is the same one dead person, the later is a much much worse action morally.

Granted, the damage is the same, the intent doesn't magically make the person in the accident any more alive than the murdered one... that's the only way I can make sense of the expression, but that's not how I see "intent isn't magic" being use in discussion. From what I've seen, it's used in discussions (at least at FTB/A+) almost only in discussions about morality and the moral character of different persons, as to somehow dismiss intent completely as a factor when they pass their "moral judgment" on persons they usually don't like.

So is it just some crap term they borrowed/invented, that they are misusing to justify their hypocrisy, kinda like privilege? Or is there some sort of logic to it that I've completely missed?
CommanderTuvok wrote:Considering the amount of palava Svan and others put into the concept of "victim blaming", it is sad to see them doing it to Justin Griffith.

Svan is a complete hypocrite regarding her defence of Laden, and her stance on doxxing. We called her out on this months ago, and now it seems we were 100% spot on.
Have to give Brownian and the other FTBers that condemn Laden on Zvan's post some small plus points for being consistent to their own rules, for once. It's not easy being Zvan, when not even the most diehard commentators want to defend Laden. JT even had to come to her defense, trying to convince people that just because she's telling Justin to please fucking stop pointing out that Laden is doxing people, she's not technically defending Laden. What a brilliant defense...

Also, merry xmas and all that stuff.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
http://i49.tinypic.com/oucb3l.jpg

MAD MS Paint skilz, I tell ya!

Reap

Post by Reap »

Gumby wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
http://i49.tinypic.com/oucb3l.jpg

MAD MS Paint skilz, I tell ya!
nice legs....

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Just saw Laden's latest mind-fuck of a post, where he says his book is "tongue in cheek", "meant to be fun" and "realistic (up to the part where it gets all weird...". Right. It's not just bad writing. Good news, though, he seems to be editing it. Maybe next time he can do that before he sends it off?

It's also amazing at the ego...since
And now, the book, and the secular movement, and feminism, and me, and everything else, are being attacked by (redacted by me, just because) and the slyme pit.
With sterling, writing, like that, how, can, anyone doubt his superstar, status. He writes like Shatner talks in the worst Kirk paradies. I never knew Greggie played such an integral role in the secular movement. His fund raiser for the SSA (his book) quite clearly has provided thousands of dollars...I mean, what else can he mean since he says he's such a superstar. Crap, I can't even be arsed to come up with anything better than that as a comment, it's that effing unbelievable. Why am I reminded of such internet loons like Joe G?

Maybe Greg is somehow connected with Timecube?

real horrorshow

http://i.imgur.com/woKAB.png?2

No Greg, it's called Sungudogo. As one of the few people in the world (about three at current estimate) who even pretend that this tome has any merit, I'd expect you to get the title correct. Or have you not read the bloody thing either?

In related news Emily Dietle has felt obliged to help Uncle Greggy out with a startlingly generous four stars!

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

LMAO @ Greg Laden and his awful doxxing skillz.
How can one man fail so hard at everything he turns his hand to?

Merry christmas to the Pit!
[youtube]HM8qQ2LUeq8[/youtube]

See you all in a few days!

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

What gets me about Greg is the sheer amount of ego under that tit-shaped head of his. Not once does he consider the very real possibility that his book is as shit as the bad reviews say. As far as he's concerned, it's just Slymepit trolling.

Look at the facts, Greg - even your buddy Emily couldn't imbibe enough of your peckersmeg to bring herself to offering it five stars. What do you think 'anxious anticipation' means, Greg? Seriously now.

Darren

Post by Darren »

Merry pytmass to you all!

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Plenty of :lol: and :popcorn: going down at Steffy's place, as regards her recent Laden apologia:
Stephanie Zvan

December 24, 2012 at 1:44 pm (UTC -6)

oolon, take your “game” and “points” and go fuck them somewhere else.

Reap

Post by Reap »

Tigzy wrote:What gets me about Greg is the sheer amount of ego under that tit-shaped head of his. Not once does he consider the very real possibility that his book is as shit as the bad reviews say. As far as he's concerned, it's just Slymepit trolling.

Look at the facts, Greg - even your buddy Emily couldn't imbibe enough of your peckersmeg to bring herself to offering it five stars. What do you think 'anxious anticipation' means, Greg? Seriously now.
Emily is cool. She is really tolerant and she's just a nice person...if she gave him 4 stars out of 5, the book can't be that great. Or maybe it was greg's begging, that's gotta be annoying. "PLEASE! Just give it 5 stars. THOSE GUYS ARE PICKIN ON ME! PPLLLEAASEEE!"

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

In case anyone cares, Thibidoobedoo has written a tl:dr screed about the whole issue, including what a bad guy Justin Griffith is for posting Laden's threats, apparently after he and Greg had kissed and made up (as well as for JG apparently supporting Mykeru somehow). It's typical Lousy Cunt material, though, so take it for what it's worth.

And apparently we all haz a sad that we had to start a forum and not write these comments on a thread at NatGeo. About the only thing I think most might feel bad about is denying Abbie the revenue, like what these twits get when they blogwhore.

Other than that, there's the usual hyperbole and projection, but we've come to expect that. Meh.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Blimey though...Steffy's really gone nuts over this. Can't be the pleasantest Christmas in her house right now.

All thanks to Greg, of course. :lol:

justinvacula

Brayton on FB

Post by justinvacula »

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Tigzy wrote:Plenty of :lol: and :popcorn: going down at Steffy's place, as regards her recent Laden apologia:
Stephanie Zvan

December 24, 2012 at 1:44 pm (UTC -6)

oolon, take your “game” and “points” and go fuck them somewhere else.
Frozen version.