Periodic Table of Swearing

Old subthreads
BoxNDox

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Post by BoxNDox »

Jonathan wrote:
Dick Strawkins wrote: It would be interesting to get Abbies take on this post as I'm not sure about some of the 'facts' being provided by half-fishy - particularly regarding HIV infectivity. Does saliva really kill the virus?
A google search suggests the enzymes in saliva do, but then the amount of saliva you have in your mouth wouldn't be enough to kill all of the virus in an average load, so to speak. Aren't the rates of transmission through oral low anyway? Don't know the reasons why.
Looks like it's complicated. See for example: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19114861

Notung

Post by Notung »

Hehe - I would be more fun, I promise. I'm just trying to prevent my throwaway light-hearted comments being made into entire blog posts... again. *cough* Almost Diamonds *cough*

Guessed

Post by Guessed »

Mykeru wrote:Via EG:

http://atheiststoday.com/elevatorgate/w ... 2-0002.png

The woman is just a cornucopia of issues fucking narcissistic whining.
Okay this is actually fucking hilarious, hahahahaha, holy shit. That is the worst/best humblebrag I've seen in a while, I can't tell if she's clueless or just vain.

Guessed

Post by Guessed »

welch wrote:
Mykeru wrote:Via EG:

[img]lol[/img]

The woman is just a cornucopia of issues fucking narcissistic whining.
I do believe she's being sarcastic about the book, which to be fair, is fucking stupid.
Oh, thank God.

Barael

Post by Barael »

Tony Parsehole wrote:I'm assuming the USA has the best medicines in the world to treat it.
A fair assumption that the USA has the best medicines in the world... as long as you can cough up the dough for it (which basically makes the USA a developing world country in these matters; not much interested in debating this point). You replied with a link to a fairly blatant UK case; we've had some blatant cases as well. We've also had a lot less grievous cases as well, which are in fact what I was talking about. I could provide some link but they would probably make no sense to non-Finns.

sacha

Post by sacha »

Angry_Drunk wrote:
Tigzy wrote:I think the gist of it was that sometimes, when a poz person knows they've been converted, but don't tell a potential convert that they're presently in congress with a converted person - and thus might risk, sorry, accepting that they might be converting the person without their full consent - then they are sometimes only doing it because they're a bit shy about telling that person that they are indeed converted, and that it's wrong to think of such converts as doing anything wrong and being criminalised about it.

How this might go down with the FTB feminist crowd should be interesting, considering the implications of consent when the sexual partner hasn't been given the full information necessary for informed consent...
I have the sinking suspicion that s/h/it is confusing HIV/AIDS with vampirism.
hahaha!

They certainly know how to suck the life out of anyone who attempts to decipher their ramblings.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Pinker wrote:This is how the latest upload from Skepticon 5 appears in my youtube updates:

http://i.imgur.com/8Fq2q.jpg
Priceless. I wonder if Becky Whatnot claims unemployment benefits? And does Greta Christina do so while on a writing hiatus due to illness (which was supposedly paid for by donations from idiots)?

franc

Post by franc »

welch wrote:it's why I won't actually comment on his site. I see no reason to give him an iota of traffic I don't have to. But getting banned arbitrarily without having done anything would be awesome. Has to be by name though. none of that cowardly shit.
Yes. And I need to remind folks commenting over there, assuming you still think it necessary, using any kind of identifiable credential is stupid - they tamper with it and your signature remains. I would even go as far as never connecting to FfTB directly, but only through a proxy. They do make creationists look decidedly less dumb.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Mykeru wrote: When we have a newb survivalist who has come out to their newly acquired Glock POS
Yes, I am implying that they have confessed their closeted homosexuality to their firearm.

Fucking proof-reading, how does it work?

mordacious1

HIV

Post by mordacious1 »

The pope told African woman not to require their husbands to wear condoms even if he's HIV positive. I'm sure the FfTBloggers were upset about that. Now one of them is having posts about this shit? Un F-ing Believable.

Cunning Punt

Post by Cunning Punt »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
bhoytony wrote:So if you didn't specifically ask Hannibal Lector if he was going to eat you it's your own fault you were eaten.
That's pretty much it. I was going to say if your partner didn't ask you if you were a sex killer is it her fault if you choose to rape and murder her?
After all, knowingly infecting someone with HIV is attempted murder at the very least.
The really important thing is to not wear a T shirt that says "I feel safe and welcome at TAM", when you are fucking AIDS into your partner. The other person's feelings about this really matter. If they're not too concerned about the T shirt, but get upset that you gave them HIV because they thought you might have told them in advance, then their little fee fees are just the result of bigotry and can hence be ignored, or disparaged.

That's a fair summary of their hierarchy of concerns, isn't it? The responsibility is on me for my reaction to being infected with HIV, but it's on the other person if they wear a T shirt I don't like. This makes perfect fucking sense, doesn't it?

welch

Re: HIV

Post by welch »

mordacious1 wrote:The pope told African woman not to require their husbands to wear condoms even if he's HIV positive. I'm sure the FfTBloggers were upset about that. Now one of them is having posts about this shit? Un F-ing Believable.
oh if a theist says it, OMG IT IS HORRIBLE. If a fucking dipstick like halfassed says it?

We must listen, because, privilege.

cunt

Post by cunt »

You know something. Even if I had the flu and the person somehow didn't notice that, and I actually felt like fucking while I had the flu I'd probably still say "Hey you know what, I have the flu. You probably don't want to catch it".

welch

Post by welch »

Okay, so taking bets on two things:

1) Halfassed is Crom, just trolling people.
2) Crom has finally dropped the facade, and is just a drooling idiot of cosmic proportions.

Seriously, the moronic defense he puts forth for that shit is beyond the pale.

welch

Post by welch »

cunt wrote:

You know something. Even if I had the flu and the person somehow didn't notice that, and I actually felt like fucking while I had the flu I'd probably still say "Hey you know what, I have the flu. You probably don't want to catch it".

halfassed's entire philosphy can be boiled down to that of a particularly stupid, ill-behaved toddler:

"NOTHING IS EVER MY FAULT, IT'S ALWAYS YOUR FAULT"

I mean, is there any position he's taken not covered by that "reasoning"?

Cunning Punt

Post by Cunning Punt »

Tigzy wrote:Jesus...it's madness, ain't it. I'm wondering what's next: Greg Laden demanding the right to get pregnant, maybe? It's clearly reaching that level of absurdity.
They're not even original. Monty Python sent this kind of shit up 30 years ago.

[youtube]sFBOQzSk14c[/youtube]

cunt

Post by cunt »

welch wrote: halfassed's entire philosphy can be boiled down to that of a particularly stupid, ill-behaved toddler:

"NOTHING IS EVER MY FAULT, IT'S ALWAYS YOUR FAULT"

I mean, is there any position he's taken not covered by that "reasoning"?
But she's oppressed!!!!1!

welch

Post by welch »

Cunning Punt wrote:
Tigzy wrote:Jesus...it's madness, ain't it. I'm wondering what's next: Greg Laden demanding the right to get pregnant, maybe? It's clearly reaching that level of absurdity.
They're not even original. Monty Python sent this kind of shit up 30 years ago.

[youtube]sFBOQzSk14c[/youtube]

John Cleese is pretty much stating how I feel when reading the output of nincompoops like halfassed.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Rystefn wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:
cunt wrote: A couple of people actually get shot at in that vid. One from a very close distance that makes me wonder how the person could have possibly missed.
This gives away the fact that you have never been in a firefight up close and personal. The sheer random shit that can go down in an instant can take your breath away when you think about it later, not to mention give you the shakes.

I will let the ex-combat people here tell you about it, though in my experience not many people feel inclined to talk about it.
If you're talking about the incident at around 1:45, then 1) I don't see any particular evidence the shots missed, and 2) are you questioning how a person could possibly have missed his shots right after he was hit by a car?
I assume you are talking to cunt and not me.

I know from experience someone can shoot at you from five feet away, and still miss (aimed at my head insted of my chest). But then I was anything but a stationary target.

Anyway, I am going to drop out of this now. Should have said nothing actually.

TheMan

Post by TheMan »

sacha wrote:
Angry_Drunk wrote: I have the sinking suspicion that s/h/it is confusing HIV/AIDS with vampirism.
hahaha!

They certainly know how to suck the life out of anyone who attempts to decipher their ramblings.

s/h/it makes an appeal to stop picking on s/h/it.

[youtube]BzvdxrU9fQI[/youtube]

Actually David Thorne http://www.27bslash6.com/

Cunning Punt

Post by Cunning Punt »

welch

Post by welch »

What happens when social justice warriors choose....poorly:

http://beforeitsnews.com/opinion-conser ... 34390.html

Cunning Punt

Post by Cunning Punt »

TheMan wrote:
sacha wrote:
Angry_Drunk wrote: I have the sinking suspicion that s/h/it is confusing HIV/AIDS with vampirism.
hahaha!

s/h/it makes an appeal to stop picking on s/h/it.

[youtube]BzvdxrU9fQI[/youtube]

Actually David Thorne http://www.27bslash6.com/
Hahha! That's the guy from http://www.27bslash6.com/

That website is fucking hilarious! I have put a few people at our office onto that site and you can tell when they're reading it and not working, you can hear them laughing across the studio. I love it. My favorite is Missing Missy.

TheMan

Post by TheMan »

@cunning punt

one of the top ten funniest website on the internets...I did link to him in tiny letters.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Dilurk wrote:
Dick Strawkins wrote:<snip>

http://i.imgur.com/DF9RM.jpg

She is ignoring Ed Clint's points because she got bored, but she absolutely loved the way Rebecca coordinated her hair color with the color of the lectern. :hand:

And to think some people here used to take her seriously! :think:
Ugh. That's sexism Ms. Kazez. Yes, when giving a presentation one might "dress up" a bit. Anyone might want to wear a suit perhaps, but to ignore the content of a talk and presentation to concentrate on "coordinated hair colour and colour of lectern" puts women back years. Just imagine something like "Dick gave a talk on evo psych but I didn't pay much attention to the talk as he was wearing a dashing red tie with a wonderful cream colour shirt and bold tweed jacket."
But, but...isn't it only natural that they caught her eye? Rebecca's hair and the lectern were such a tempting berry color she just wanted to pick them. :P

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

@Phil,

BTW here is the Russian video (assuming you have yet to see it).

[youtube]AXz4P6EpX3s[/youtube]

sacha

Post by sacha »

Tigzy wrote:Both Half-Fish Hagfish* and Crom seem to be forgetting that the risk of being infected is greater if there happens to be a cut or lesion 'down there', as it were. Which is why it's essential to inform a partner that one is HIV-positive before getting too intimate; for all the 'converted' might know, the possible sexual partner could have a spot, sore or scratch which they might ordinarily not worry about.
fixed that for you.

Hagfish

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

What the fuck. What is even the fuck. I cannot believe what I've just been reading.

POZ.
Tigzy wrote:I'm beginning to wonder if Crom wheeled Half-Fish out to take the heat off of Steffy and PeeZee over Becky's recent evo-psych escapades. I reckon from now on the FCs will keep him/her on standby for any future controversies. :lol:
This is like the only logical explanation I can see for this. I mean this is some motherfucking badshit crazy isn't it.
cunt wrote:

But like... who the fuck doesn't do that? If I am sick I immediately inform people around me that I'm ill. I don't shake hands if I think I have a cold. And I definitely fucking stay home if I think it's anything worse. Holy fucking shit! There is someone in one of our offices who has a lowered immune system and I'm sure there are plenty of other people around the place who do too. It's common courtesy!

But I also don't think that's a fucking appropriate comparison HF is fucking tarded.

One of my HIV+ friends was courted by the whole poz community and found it fucked up as shit. He was like... why would I want to risk infecting someone after I experienced it? Like wtf.

franc

Post by franc »

Dilurk wrote:
Bertrand Russell wrote:
...The intellectual thing I should want to say is this: When you are studying any matter, or considering any philosophy, ask yourself only what are the facts and what is the truth that the facts bear out. Never let yourself be diverted either by what you wish to believe, or by what you think would have beneficent social effects if it were believed. But look only, and solely, at what are the facts. That is the intellectual thing that I should wish to say. ...
“It is wrong always, everywhere, and for anyone, to believe anything upon insufficient evidence.” -- William Kingdon Clifford (4 May 1845 – 3 March 1879)

mordacious1

OFF TOPIC BUT...

Post by mordacious1 »

I was just over at RDF and I saw that they had to take down their new YouTube channel for copyright infringement filed by Upper Branch Productions, Inc. Some people tried to warn Richard that Timonen was a real prick, but I guess he didn't see it until too late. All those videos taken by Josh can't be shown, what a loss.

sacha

Post by sacha »

welch wrote:What happens when social justice warriors choose....poorly:

hahahahaaaa!

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Haifisch Geweint‏@HaifischGeweint

It doesn't matter to me how educated you are. You're ignorant if you constantly reject the seriousness of social justice because SCIENCE.

THARS YOUR PROBLEM

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

sacha wrote:

hahahahaaaa!
Parody, FYI.

I just read about five pages of Halffish's twitter stream. Rrrrrrr.

sacha

Post by sacha »

rayshul wrote:
sacha wrote:

hahahahaaaa!
Parody, FYI.
yes. The bikers I know would not have been so polite.

As a vegetarian who had a 1%er lover for years, and was a regular at their bar, I found it hilarious.

franc

Post by franc »

Watered down version. This was the original -

http://phawrongula.wikia.com/wiki/Cunt_ ... ng_In_Book

Keating

Post by Keating »

You know, I could have happily gone the rest of my life without knowing there were people who have fetishised getting HIV.

Now I have to spend the weekend recalibrating my "fucked up" metre. Thank you for taking away my privilege.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

rayshul wrote:Haifisch Geweint‏@HaifischGeweint

It doesn't matter to me how educated you are. You're ignorant if you constantly reject the seriousness of social justice because SCIENCE.

THARS YOUR PROBLEM
Half Fish also tweeted this:
Haifisch Geweint ‏@HaifischGeweint
WE DON'T NEED NO TONE-POLICING
Which seems odd when you take into account how s/h/it's most recent blog post was all about how using the word "infected" is always wrong no matter what.

Fucking joke of a clown.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

This HIV stuff is fucking crazy!

For those not familiar, you should read about Simon Mol. Choice passages from Wikipedia:
On January 5, 2007 Mol was taken into custody by the Polish police and charged with infecting his sexual partners with HIV. According to the Rzeczpospolita newspaper, he was identified with HIV back in 1999 while living in a refugee shelter, but Polish law does force an HIV carrier to reveal their disease status. While living in Poland, Mol allegedly persuaded women to have unprotected sex with him by claiming that using a condom was racist.
And the logical conclusion:
After his arrest, Mol denied any knowledge of being an HIV carrier and accused the police of racism.
Simon Mol died on October 10th 2008 in Warsaw, after having refused treatment for his disease.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Dezidor/Simon_Mol (I don't know why it's on a user's page, it must have been removed for not being PC enough. But there are many other sources, and it was a big thing in Poland at the time).

BTW, until proven otherwise, I will consider the FC(N) to be approving of Crom and HF's message. After all, if we are scum for not condemning bad werdz when they occure here, I don't see why they shouldn't be festering scumbags for not condemning that horrible piece of shit post and comments.

Fuck the lot of them!

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

OH FUCKLOOOOOOOL!!!

Thanks, that's really something I needed after all that grim shit about AIDS.

The end of the post is...beautiful, just beautiful:
“That’s preposterous,”said one high-ranking member of the biker organizing committee. “We were having a party, and these people showed up and were very rude to us. They threw things at us, called us names, and tried to ruin the entire event. So, what did we do? We invited them to the party!
What could be more friendly than that? You know, just because we are all members of motorcycle clubs does not mean we do not care about
inclusiveness. Personally, I think it shows a lack of character for them to be saying such nasty things about us after we bent over backwards to make them feel welcome.”
When confronted with the allegations of force-feeding the activist’s meat, using them as ad hoc latrines, leaving them incapacitated in fast food restaurant dumpsters, and ‘farting on their heads,’ the organizer declined to comment in detail. “That’s just our secret hand shake,” assured the organizer.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

rayshul wrote:
Parody, FYI.

You no fun anymo' :(

real horrorshow

Post by real horrorshow »

Mykeru wrote:Yup, a couple days after @simonknowz (husband of Melodramatic Melody) was patting himself of the back for getting @elevatorgate suspended, they managed to do it to me too.

I've responded to Twitter so then can investigate.

It may be a coincidence that all these suspensions seem to revolve around Melody Hensley recent hissy-fit over "criticism = harassment", attempt to false flag Wooly Bumblebee's video and the recent Empress Has No Clothes moment regarding Becky, but I very much doubt it is a coincidence.
Are they using alternate accounts to make these reports or their own? If they're using dummy accounts it doesn't say much for Twitter that they'll act on such a report. If they're using their own, I would hope making repeated false claims would backfire on them. I don't Twattle myself, so I'm not sure how it works.

Trophy

Post by Trophy »

Holyfucking shit. I can't believe the crap on Crommunist blog. WTF????? I feel like shit becaues I used to like Crommunist. I'm running out of words to describe how stupid is this "It's not my fault I killed you with AIDS; it's your fault for not asking" bullshit. Fuck me. And then these fucking morons complain about a guy pathetically doing a booty call in an elevator. Fucking shit!

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Mykeru, did you engage in any of those activities on Twitter?:

https://support.twitter.com/articles/18 ... tter-rules

If not, they have to reinstate your account.

JLB

Post by JLB »

I've decided FTB is really a Milgram experiment, to see what level of insanity their readers will accept before they'll risk the banhammer and speak up. And now they have their answer: any level. Any level of insanity, at all.

You get banned for arguing it's not ok to cut bits off baby's dicks, but they'll let you guest post on Crommunist if you argue you should be able to give people aids. And Crommunist is supposed to be the fucking reasonable one! To quote Sara Silverman: "What the cock is that shit?"

Trophy

Post by Trophy »

You are too optimistic JLB. They are just idiots. They don't care about the arguments but who is issuing them. If halffish's post was written by a "sic" white dude, he would have been ripped apart. In their world, if you are a minority (or a woman) and whine about things being unfair to another minority, you will be respected regardless of the merits your argument.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
rayshul wrote:
Parody, FYI.

You no fun anymo' :(
Sacha's dailykos link a while back has taught me that the first thing to do when I read something that causes me to make either this face :lol: or this face :o and sometimes even this face :x is to check sources for other verificaiton.

Dick Strawkins

FTB - an experiment

Post by Dick Strawkins »

I've been pondering on a particular question that's been bugging me for a while about Freethoughtblogs.
They began the network as a breakaway from scienceblogs after National Geographic bought that particular network, and because of this I always considered them to be something similar - a scienceblogging network, just one with a left-wing political stance.
It's an easy assumption to make - after all there are many skeptic blogs written by scientists
- and FTB is pretty much the same sort of thing, isn't it?

Well, is it?

There is one way to answer this. Check how many of the Freethought blog authors are actually working scientists.
So I went through their list and here's the result.

Currently there are 36 bloggers on the FTB network.

Of those only three bloggers are qualified working scientists, Mano Singham (who isn't part of the social justice warrior militia), Comrade Physioprof (who seems to be a recipe obsessed lunatic who seems to use a lab monkey with a nervous twitch to write his posts for him) and, of course, Peezus.

There are four students - two psychology students (is that really a subject? - someone ask Rebecca) Kylie Sturgess and Miriam, the new blogger, and two biological science students, Jen McCreight and Crommunist (both of whom almost never write anything in depth about science.)

The rest, 29 out of 36, are non scientists.

Is it any wonder there's such a lack of enthusiasm for scientific qualifications over there.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Trophy wrote:You are too optimistic JLB. They are just idiots. They don't care about the arguments but who is issuing them. If halffish's post was written by a "sic" white dude, he would have been ripped apart. In their world, if you are a minority (or a woman) and whine about things being unfair to another minority, you will be respected regardless of the merits your argument.
Honestly though this does appear to be the most batshit mental example of this.

I mean this is like some world class mental up in here.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Trophy wrote:You are too optimistic JLB. They are just idiots. They don't care about the arguments but who is issuing them. If halffish's post was written by a "sic" white dude, he would have been ripped apart. In their world, if you are a minority (or a woman) and whine about things being unfair to another minority, you will be respected regardless of the merits your argument.
In FTB world the only privilege is less privilege.
Can't wrap my head around this HIV shit. . One year on from the inanity of Elevatorgate and we have arguments that it's the fault of the "clear" sexual partner for contracting HIV because they didn't ask beforehand.

If a person with HIV is willing to unsuspectingly infect a partner for the sake of getting laid what on Earth makes Half Fish think that same person would honestly admit to having HIV anyway?
Imagine if just before sex you asked your new partner " BTW do you have HIV?" and they said "Funny you should ask but yes I do!"....... Just WTF?

JLB

Post by JLB »

Totally agree about their weird victimhood-reverse-hierarchy thing. Most of their arguments revolve around measuring who has the shortest WCoA. I don't think they're idiots, though (not most of them, anyway). It would be a lot simpler if they were. It's this "social justice" bullshit. They're more interested in being righteous than being right. They're so convinced of their moral superiority they can justify any measure to themselves. A lot like religion, come to think of it. My 2 cents, at any rate.

Trophy

Post by Trophy »

rayshul wrote:Honestly though this does appear to be the most batshit mental example of this.

This is the galactic douche level stuff. Seriously. I even wrote an angry pissed off rant/comment on Crommunist blog but then it asked me for my login info and I really didn't feel like recovering my password for that shithole.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Content Aware Phil wrote:Zvan's reading disability:
Perhaps Zvan didn't even really read the critic. Maybe he just skimmed it over at best.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Trophy wrote:
rayshul wrote:Honestly though this does appear to be the most batshit mental example of this.

This is the galactic douche level stuff. Seriously. I even wrote an angry pissed off rant/comment on Crommunist blog but then it asked me for my login info and I really didn't feel like recovering my password for that shithole.
I get the feeling that Crommunist is just taking advantage of the guaranteed trainwreck that is Half Fishie just to up his page views.
I haven't seen any of the rest of the FTB crowd join in with the same arguments. In other words, he's really just trolling, and using a mentally ill person he knows as the weapon of choice.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Testimony of one of Simon Mol's victims:
Gazeta Wyborcza:

Monika O., literature student who met with Simon Mol 11 months earlier, contacted the police in November this year.

- I was attracted by journalism, I wanted to write about Migrator Theater – she describes. – I was fascinated by human rights activist fighting with racial stereotypes. Soon we started to meet, went to bed. I didn’t suspect that he could infect me with HIV virus and even less, hide from me that he is infected. I also thought that suspecting him of being infected would equal giving way to stereotypes. Thus we made love unprotected.
(underline mine)

So, this is where these SJWs want us to end up? No thanks!

Incidentaly, suspecting someone of being infected just because they're black is stereotyping. As is suspecting someone of being a rapist just because they're male is stereotyping. Consistency much, SJWs? Oh, no, wait, I know that one! It's because white males are priviledged, right? Always, no exception, right?

Fuck off!

(I now realise I am more tolerant and affable when drunk. Maybe being sober is not such a bad idea when confronted to such a load of bullshit. I might even be knurd at this point)

Trophy

Post by Trophy »

Tony Parsehole wrote:If a person with HIV is willing to unsuspectingly infect a partner for the sake of getting laid what on Earth makes Half Fish think that same person would honestly admit to having HIV anyway?
Imagine if just before sex you asked your new partner " BTW do you have HIV?" and they said "Funny you should ask but yes I do!"....... Just WTF?
Also, when having sex with someone you should have a list of all contagious diseases, because you know, if you don't ask, they won't have to tell you. I guess I'll have to carry one of these in my drawers for my potential sexual partners to fill out:
http://s16.postimage.org/wvcelmgrp/sti.png

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

decius wrote:I'm sorry, in which universe preferring STD-free partners constitutes discrimination?
In every universe it is discrimination. But it is neither an illegal nor immoral form of discrimination. It is quite sane. People seem to conflate discrimination with racism since the words are frequently paired.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

deLurch wrote:
decius wrote:I'm sorry, in which universe preferring STD-free partners constitutes discrimination?
In every universe it is discrimination. But it is neither an illegal nor immoral form of discrimination. It is quite sane. People seem to conflate discrimination with racism since the words are frequently paired.
It is not even as simple as preferring a HIV- partner.
Knowing someone is HIV+ means that you can adopt particular sexual practices with them that minimize the spread of the virus.

I honestly cannot see the general FTB crowd agreeing with half-fishy here - it's just too easy for others to switch the argument around on and ask, "what would your response be if it was some guy on 'A Voice for Men'?"

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

If I have to make a choice between endangering my health (and potentialy my life) and giving way to stereotype, I sure as heel won't give a fuck about someone's feefees.

deLurch: In France, "positive action" is called "discrimination positive".

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Good morning...

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8069/8249 ... c8a3_z.jpg
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Mykeru, did you engage in any of those activities on Twitter?:

https://support.twitter.com/articles/18 ... tter-rules

If not, they have to reinstate your account.
No, of course not. The only possible thing is "aggressive following behavior" which seems to happen when you have too many people in your reply-to. I guess an anti-spam measure. However, I only replied to those taking part in the conversation.

One theory of how people are gaming the system is if enough people block you in a short enough space of time the system automatically suspends. However, that would suggest people began to follow in order as a set up to block en masse, but I seriously doubt that someone like Oolon has the organizational skill to pull that off and Melody Hensley couldn't get together a significant enough lynching party to put a dent in Wolly Bumblebee's video on her.

Getting off suspension may take a bit, as I refuse to "captcha" an admission of guilt and have asked Twitter to look into it.

I'm not saying some of these clowns wouldn't if they could.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

They've been abusing the twitter system for a long time now. Quite a few of us have had our accounts suspended through false flags.

Took me about a week or so to be up again. I informed twitter they are being abused by radical political fanatics.