Periodic Table of Swearing

Old subthreads
Reap

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Post by Reap »

What I learned from Stephanie Zvan's blog today (my comment)
Hey Stephanie
I never knew you were Justin's mom. You know you should take some parenting classes or there is gonna be no one around to wheel you around the park when you get old so you can yell at the ducks. I also was unaware that you were Greg Laden's nanny. Greg sure does need a lot of attention doesn't he? I hope whoever is payin you to suffer rather than do it themselves realizes all the work you do standing up for Greg when he threatens the other kids. Ok, well I sure learned some stuff today and it's a good thing too cause if I didn't know your relationship with these guys I woulda thought you were just being a bitch again sticking your nose into other people's business and telling people what to do like you think you are an annoying not so bright queen or somethin. I'm glad that isn't the case. Merry Christmas!

Oh and I thought the sex tape was good, next time maybe use different lighting, just sayin.
Your friend
-reap

Mr Danksworth

Post by Mr Danksworth »

^That's just beautiful man. It brought a tear to my eye.

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

Thank you to both Lsuoma and sacha. Nice words. Merry Christmas.

And to Lord PeeZus of Hypocrite: Go fall down the stairs or something, you blithering idiot.

Altair

Post by Altair »

I have been visiting my dad for Christmas and I haven't had the time to check the pit for the last few days. I just want to write a quick note to wish everyone here a merry Christmas and happy holidays. I hope yoyo spend them doing what you love with the ones you love.

Al Stefanelli

Post by Al Stefanelli »

Reason's Greetings, Happy Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Ramadan, Mithras, Zoroastras, and whatever or whoever else you are doing tonight and tomorrow. Peace to all of you, my friends.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Being a bit bored while the beer-bread is being made, I skimmed my feed and read this bit from Laden from yesterday.
And, most of the harassment I get these days other than the occasional creationist's is actually from fellow Atheists, who hate me because I respect and refuse to rape women, and I recognize that much of the violence done to women is by testosterone poisoned men. Those guys (the Testosterone Poisoned Men of the Blogosphere, or TPMoB) compose hateful tweets, emails, and other missives about or to me and other secular feminists on an ongoing, continuous basis.
All punctuation exactly as it is in my feed. Why do I hear "I'm a good writer" said in the rainman voice? To Greg, I have to say, in the most patronizing (and somewhat sarcastic) voice anyone can think of, "Yes, Greg, of course that's why everyone dislikes you, you're such an upstanding non-testosterone poisoned man anyone can ever know. Have a cookie and go take a nap."

No one has to say anything to him. He does it to himself.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

ReneeHendricks wrote:Oh, it's all ok now. Greg is off telling Amazon on Twitter that Mykeru is asking people to write bad reviews. Um, no he's not, Greg. Is he capable of reading??

http://beliefblower.com/pix/gregladen2.JPG
Not even what I tweeted, which was "The vanity book by @gregladen on Amazon down to 2 stars. Everyone is a critic, why not you? Review ITG Greggy's book: http://t.co/u6hz2VbN"

Nice when you have to edit it to slant things your way, Greg.

Al Stefanelli

Post by Al Stefanelli »

Adam Lee has decided to engage me in a Twitter 'debate' regarding the definition of misogyny.

real horrorshow

Post by real horrorshow »

ReneeHendricks wrote:Oh, it's all ok now. Greg is off telling Amazon on Twitter that Mykeru is asking people to write bad reviews. Um, no he's not, Greg. Is he capable of reading??

Meanwhile on his blog, greg is not only asking people to:
Go write a good review of the book to offset Mykeru’s, or at least, down vote the bad reviews he or others at the slymepit have obviously written
He is also making this offer:
I don’t need you to buy the book. I’ll give you the book (an electronic copy of it) … all you have to do is ask.
That looks like payment for reviews to me. Lousy payment, but payment all the same. What happens to Amazon's cut when he does that? Is one of the formats he's offering Kindle? Y'know Amazon's proprietary format? That they own. Hmm, maybe not a good idea to copy your publisher in on Tweets about that Greg.

Barael

Post by Barael »

Al Stefanelli wrote:Perhaps we should have T-Shirts printed up?

http://wcoa.info/teammisogyny.jpg
You have to give credit where credit is due; the complete post is a pretty fantastic (in every sense of the word) diatribe on the 'pit. Worth at least a chuckle. Season's greetings, Jackiepaper! :hankey:

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

real horrorshow wrote:

Go write a good review of the book to offset Mykeru’s, or at least, down vote the bad reviews he or others at the slymepit have obviously written
He is also making this offer:
I don’t need you to buy the book. I’ll give you the book (an electronic copy of it) … all you have to do is ask.
That looks like payment for reviews to me. Lousy payment, but payment all the same. What happens to Amazon's cut when he does that? Is one of the formats he's offering Kindle? Y'know Amazon's proprietary format? That they own. Hmm, maybe not a good idea to copy your publisher in on Tweets about that Greg.
Seems to me that he may be violating several of Amazon's rules (or terms of serivce?). Wonder what they think of his antics?

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Al Stefanelli wrote:Adam Lee has decided to engage me in a Twitter 'debate' regarding the definition of misogyny.
Relative to which you might want to refer to the approved catechism – er, sorry, glossary – of AtheismPlus:

http://i45.tinypic.com/f4licx.jpg

http://i48.tinypic.com/14mql5f.jpg

And, relative to the last piece of dogmata, I expect most will find it rather amusing, at least those not irony-challenged, to see that their definition for social justice is somewhat at variance with their definition for sexism.

Reminds me of something from my readings in anthropology that many if not most tribes tended to define “human” as “members of the tribe” and “sub-human” or “animal” as everyone outside of it.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Greg Laden's Butt wrote:And, most of the harassment I get these days other than the occasional creationist's is actually from fellow Atheists, who hate me because I respect and refuse to rape women
Oh man, you got our dastardly plan figured out. We all hate you because you refuse to join in our rapin' parties. :lol:

Fuck you, Greg. You don't get to drag the atheist and skeptic communities down to your insane level, you're not nearly bright enough. This kind of shit isn't gonna fly with people who know how to think, which is everybody but you and your FfTB/Skepchick/A+ whackaloon cult.

Barael

Post by Barael »

And, most of the harassment I get these days other than the occasional creationist's is actually from fellow Atheists, who hate me because I respect and refuse to rape women
Is it me or is Greg making a claim about some sort of immaculate conception here? Was he born without the Rape Switch (tm)? And if so, why did he wait 54 years to come out as the Savior of Malekind??

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Could someone who's already on the relevant FfTB threads freeze copies of today's comedy? I hate to give them hits.

real horrorshow

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
My Xmas eve was gonna suck a bit, but now it doesn't so much. Thanks, Horror!

To everyone, enjoy yourselves tonight.
Glad to be of service mate. I shall be following my usual holiday ritual of misanthropy and alcohol abuse. Salutatio.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Badger?:
Being a bit bored while the beer-bread is being made, I skimmed my feed and read this bit from Laden from yesterday.
And, most of the harassment I get these days other than the occasional creationist's is actually from fellow Atheists, who hate me because I respect and refuse to rape women, and I recognize that much of the violence done to women is by testosterone poisoned men. Those guys (the Testosterone Poisoned Men of the Blogosphere, or TPMoB) compose hateful tweets, emails, and other missives about or to me and other secular feminists on an ongoing, continuous basis.
Yeah, Greggy you've smacked my dudely pride right in the neanderthal nuts. I'm in the throes of a burning rage. I'm going to drag my knuckles over there and spray your face with spittle. Fuck it, I'll have a rich tea biscuit instead.

Rystefn

Post by Rystefn »

Giftmas sucks at the Rystefn house this year. Still sick as fuck and mixing alcohol with the medicines they have me on is contraindicated by my operations manual; no one within a thousand miles of here knows how to make proper tamales; and I don't really have the energy to jump in on the Greg Laden insanity despite the long years of hilarious bullshit between us.

Oh well, at least I still get to watch the greatest Xmas movie of all time today: Die Hard.

Mr Danksworth

Post by Mr Danksworth »

Rystefn wrote: Oh well, at least I still get to watch the greatest Xmas movie of all time today: Die Hard.
Bad Santa is my favorite holiday movie. It probably makes the baboons cry.

ThreeFlangedJavis

real horrorshow:
Glad to be of service mate. I shall be following my usual holiday ritual of misanthropy and alcohol abuse. Salutatio.
Jammy bastard. Down to misanthropy only this Xmas. Can't be arsed to abuse alcohol any more. And my TV just went tits up.

jjbinx007

Post by jjbinx007 »

Going back to Shermergate for a moment, it's interesting how Paula Kirby's account of Elevatorgate from last year seems so relevant regarding so few female speakers at conferences:

http://whyevolutionistrue.wordpress.com ... ent-116920

FTB: we shoot the messenger so YOU don't have to.

real horrorshow

acathode wrote:Could someone expand a bit on the logic behind "intent isn't magic!" meme?
I never really understood what it's supposed to convey. To me, intent is almost always a very important factor when dealing with moral questions. Most obvious example, accidentally causing a fatal accident vs carefully planing and then shooting someone in cold blood, even if the outcome is the same one dead person, the later is a much much worse action morally
I'd be interested to know too. It's unlikely anything original ever came from the baboons. It interests me because it's such an utterly shameless piece of manipulation.
Altair wrote:I have been visiting my dad for Christmas and I haven't had the time to check the pit for the last few days. I just want to write a quick note to wish everyone here a merry Christmas and happy holidays. I hope yoyo spend them doing what you love with the ones you love.
II shall spend them drinking alone so yep what I love with who I love.
Badger3k wrote:Being a bit bored while the beer-bread is being made, I skimmed my feed and read this bit from Laden from yesterday.
... on an ongoing, continuous basis.
"Ongoing" is one of those words like "proactive", invented by half-wits in business suits who don't have the vocabulary to express themselves properly. Continuous is one of the words which said halfwits use "ongoing" to replace. So the use of both is redundant. Besides, what Lardon really means is "continual".

comslave

Post by comslave »

Take your pick:
http://www.zazzle.com/misogyny+tshirts

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

New from Youtuber Evid3nc3:

"Why I am not a Feminist"

http://evid3nc3.wordpress.com/2012/12/2 ... -feminist/

jjbinx007

Post by jjbinx007 »

A little gem I just found:

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/camelswith ... -pz-myers/
PZ Myers: First thought that comes to mind: why are you trivializing physical violence, like a punch in the face, by comparing it to a verbal insult? An insult isn’t even a threat.

Daniel Fincke: I don’t think I am trivializing physical violence. You risk trivializing emotional violence. And don’t underestimate the way that dehumanizing language is the first step towards dehumanizing behaviors. People can be very hurt and they have a right to be, when disrespected by words.
PZ Myers: Their feelings can be hurt. Again, don’t promote this confusion between real violence and words.
This is not to say feelings aren’t real — of course they are. But sometimes you have to metaphorically slap people’s feelings hard to get them to wake up.

PZ Myers: Sometimes, I don’t want civil discourse. There’s no point to politeness when you’re arguing with people who profess uncontroversially bad ideas.

ThreeFlangedJavis

real horrorshow
Because Lardie's special brand of dumb is a secret known only to the Slymepit and not at all discernible from his silky prose.

welch

Post by welch »

Gumby wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
<giordana>Sorry so snippy. I'm quite cranky this morning.</giordana>
FUCK YOU CUNT!!! (sympathises)

Seriously, though, Skep Tickle was the only one to partake, and I would argue she did well, her banning being the best testimony of Myers' hypocrisy.
Haha. Sorry, couldn't resist.

OK, only one. I figured maybe more had tried, maybe by using new aliases. However, it doesn't matter how well one does in situations like this. It was a trap, nothing more. Welch had it right. There's no point in playing the game either by normal rules or their rules. We do much better here and on the wider internet, mocking them, laughing at them, and posting fuck-tons of evidence against them that they can deny all day but can't refute. That's how we take their dishonest rhetorical weaponry from them. The moment we take them seriously enough to actually try to engage them, they go into creationist game-playing mode. Best to leave them just angrily shaking their fists at nothing.

the more absurdist we get, the more screaming they get. I imagine if we only replied to them with pictures of Tim Curry as Pennywise, they'd never leave the house. I'm tempted to start replying as blatantly offensive as possible. So every time laden interacts with me on twitter, I ask him how his wife grabs his head when he goes down on her...by the ears, tufts of hair, or entire skull.

That kind of shit.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Taking a break from teaching the dog the finer points of tug-toy and watching my dad prepare the shrimp and squid and other seafoody shit Italians eat on Xmas so as not to offend the baby Jesus.

I would like to wish everyone a happy holiday and/or Merry Xmas, if that's your thing, and look forward to a very joyous and productive New Year of making baboons shit themselves.

Before I left home, I had put together a funny little hook for a video. It's just a moment of silliness that a lot of my videos seem to be built around. Once I do that hook things often fall into place. As they have because, quite frankly, Greg Laden and the anti-misogyny crew (everyone else being the misogynists, of course) actually gave me a place to run with it.

Merry Xmas, Greg. You're my muse. Love you, man (no homo).

:hankey:

welch

Post by welch »

BarnOwl wrote:
Skep tickle wrote:Anyone know if Ed smokes or used to smoke? On his blog he suggested maybe a fungal infection or sarcoidosis, but enlarged lymph nodes in the chest & a bunch of fluid where it really shouldn't be in a middle-age white westerner is probably more likely to be lung cancer.
I was thinking congestive heart failure, but that wouldn't explain the lymph nodes. No idea whether Ed was/is a smoker, though. He might be in denial about his health status too ... the possible causes he gave could happen to anyone regardless of lifestyle, as opposed to coronary artery disease and hypertension sequelae, which are usually (not always, of course) the result of poor dietary and lifestyle choices.

Cynical bitch that I am, I'm putting the "open heart surgery" description in the same category as Greta's repetition of "cancer surgery" = more dramatic effect in the context of begging for donations.

Well, I'll be sure to show Ed lots of support. In private. Where no one else can see. Then keep calling him a stupid fat fuck in public. If Justin's right, Ed should be my BFF in a heartbeat.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

jjbinx007 wrote:A little gem I just found:

PZ Myers: First thought that comes to mind: why are you trivializing physical violence, like a punch in the face, by comparing it to a verbal insult? An insult isn’t even a threat.

Daniel Fincke: I don’t think I am trivializing physical violence. You risk trivializing emotional violence. And don’t underestimate the way that dehumanizing language is the first step towards dehumanizing behaviors. People can be very hurt and they have a right to be, when disrespected by words.
PZ Myers: Their feelings can be hurt. Again, don’t promote this confusion between real violence and words.
This is not to say feelings aren’t real — of course they are. But sometimes you have to metaphorically slap people’s feelings hard to get them to wake up.

PZ Myers: Sometimes, I don’t want civil discourse. There’s no point to politeness when you’re arguing with people who profess uncontroversially bad ideas.
PZ uses any and all excuses when it comes to why he allows himself and his commenters to verbally assault people. He'll never budge.

I like this part:
That’s one of the reasons I reject the whole god-concept. They have to tell me precisely what they mean by “god”, or stop using the term.
PZ insists on precise definitions from everyone else, but when it comes to his favorite words, like "atheism", "misogyny", "feminism", etc., all of a sudden the definitions get all creatively fluidic and context-dependent. Hypocrite.

welch

Post by welch »

Mykeru wrote:Actually, if you remember, but you don't, Oolon, Benson, et. al. spent a lot of time complaining that my domain was under anonymous registration. To find my name required digging trough internet archive to find the previous doxing in 2005 and some copyright information.

I don't get that, wonder how they were looking. When I looked, your name was right there. If you do have your stuff on private, may want to doublecheck, it appears to be inconsistently applied.

welch

Post by welch »

Jan Steen wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
Jan Steen wrote:
3. To further encourage those people, he compares them to cockroaches.
He probably meant inyenzi.
Taking his cue from Brownian, who called the Slymepitters 'subhuman scum'. I used to think that PZ was better than his commenters, but he is in fact at least as bad as the worst of them.

I AM KING OF TEH CHUUUUUDS!!!!

welch

Post by welch »

CommanderTuvok wrote:Considering the amount of palava Svan and others put into the concept of "victim blaming", it is sad to see them doing it to Justin Griffith.

Svan is a complete hypocrite regarding her defence of Laden, and her stance on doxxing. We called her out on this months years ago, and now it seems we were 100% spot on.
Fixed that.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Gumby wrote:
jjbinx007 wrote:A little gem I just found:

PZ uses any and all excuses when it comes to why he allows himself and his commenters to verbally assault people. He'll never budge.

I like this part:
That’s one of the reasons I reject the whole god-concept. They have to tell me precisely what they mean by “god”, or stop using the term.
PZ insists on precise definitions from everyone else, but when it comes to his favorite words, like "atheism", "misogyny", "feminism", etc., all of a sudden the definitions get all creatively fluidic and context-dependent. Hypocrite.
Considering that Dawkins is persona non grata with them, why does PZ want to associate with a known white supremacist, misogynist, sexist, et al person? Since PZ says Dawkins agrees with him, doesn't that mean he bears the taint of association? I know, never expect consistency from hypocrites.

welch

Post by welch »

real horrorshow wrote:
Darren wrote:It is interesting that in Laden's comment on Stephalump's blog (see Pitchguest's screencap above), he continually refers to the phrase, "to kick someone in the ass", rather than, "to kick someone's ass". Ahh, nuance.
Context baby context. Or, to explain it more fully:
"Unless you've read, memorised and can recite everything I've ever written, you're not qualified to comment, and if you have you're mis-reading it."

This is in contrast to intent as in: "Intent is not magic." Or to explain it more fully:
"It doesn't matter what you meant, we reserve the right to interpret what you said as we please, and it pleases us to be offended. Therefore you are offensive."

I've been meaning to point out that "intent is not magic" bullshit from the baboons for ages. It really is a deeply cynical propaganda tactic. Straight out of the Joseph Goebbels Playbook.
You know, if he'd meant kick him in the ass, he could have actually said that.

Just Sayin'

welch

Post by welch »

acathode wrote:Could someone expand a bit on the logic behind "intent isn't magic!" meme?
I never really understood what it's supposed to convey. To me, intent is almost always a very important factor when dealing with moral questions. Most obvious example, accidentally causing a fatal accident vs carefully planing and then shooting someone in cold blood, even if the outcome is the same one dead person, the later is a much much worse action morally.

Granted, the damage is the same, the intent doesn't magically make the person in the accident any more alive than the murdered one... that's the only way I can make sense of the expression, but that's not how I see "intent isn't magic" being use in discussion. From what I've seen, it's used in discussions (at least at FTB/A+) almost only in discussions about morality and the moral character of different persons, as to somehow dismiss intent completely as a factor when they pass their "moral judgment" on persons they usually don't like.

So is it just some crap term they borrowed/invented, that they are misusing to justify their hypocrisy, kinda like privilege? Or is there some sort of logic to it that I've completely missed?
CommanderTuvok wrote:Considering the amount of palava Svan and others put into the concept of "victim blaming", it is sad to see them doing it to Justin Griffith.

Svan is a complete hypocrite regarding her defence of Laden, and her stance on doxxing. We called her out on this months ago, and now it seems we were 100% spot on.
Have to give Brownian and the other FTBers that condemn Laden on Zvan's post some small plus points for being consistent to their own rules, for once. It's not easy being Zvan, when not even the most diehard commentators want to defend Laden. JT even had to come to her defense, trying to convince people that just because she's telling Justin to please fucking stop pointing out that Laden is doxing people, she's not technically defending Laden. What a brilliant defense...
Okay, I'm confused...was JT in an accident of some kind, involving blunt force skull trauma? Because that's the only explanation I can come up with for some of the fucking idiocy he posts.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

welch wrote:
Mykeru wrote:Actually, if you remember, but you don't, Oolon, Benson, et. al. spent a lot of time complaining that my domain was under anonymous registration. To find my name required digging trough internet archive to find the previous doxing in 2005 and some copyright information.

I don't get that, wonder how they were looking. When I looked, your name was right there. If you do have your stuff on private, may want to doublecheck, it appears to be inconsistently applied.
That may be the case. Unlike some people I don't routinely re-read old stuff I wrote. <---See what I did there, 'boons?

Which would make them even dumber than I thought, which would put them in "beaten at checkers by flatworms" range.

welch

Post by welch »

Tapir wrote:

"Misogyny, FUCK YEAH!
So lick my butt, and suck on my balls"

Sounds good.
Go with the classic from "Me So Horny"

"Wrap your lips around my dick and lick my asshole too"

and if there's a woman who can do this simultaneously?

Call me, we have money to make

welch

Post by welch »

Al Stefanelli wrote:Reason's Greetings, Happy Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Ramadan, Mithras, Zoroastras, and whatever or whoever else you are doing tonight and tomorrow. Peace to all of you, my friends.
Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition on my iPad mostly. Much Love for Trent and the team.

welch

Post by welch »

Gumby wrote:
Greg Laden's Butt wrote:And, most of the harassment I get these days other than the occasional creationist's is actually from fellow Atheists, who hate me because I respect and refuse to rape women
Oh man, you got our dastardly plan figured out. We all hate you because you refuse to join in our rapin' parties. :lol:

Fuck you, Greg. You don't get to drag the atheist and skeptic communities down to your insane level, you're not nearly bright enough. This kind of shit isn't gonna fly with people who know how to think, which is everybody but you and your FfTB/Skepchick/A+ whackaloon cult.
Melissa would be pissed if I stopped rapin' wimmen. Without that, I'd never leave the house, and then the neighbors would get NO sex. Thor would be sad.

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

Boyo, over at Feelya's, they're as angry at Al, and us, as a nest of freaked out hornets: http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... -equality/

Ragey tears all over the place.

Spence

Post by Spence »

Merry pastamas to all pitters. Here is a brief interlude for quote mining purposes - my gift to any browsing baboons. (Most of the names won't mean much to non-UK residents, but most of them were either convicted or cleared of murder charges)

[youtube]YWYghe4SX2A[/youtube]

real horrorshow

welch wrote: You know, if he'd meant kick him in the ass, he could have actually said that.

Just Sayin'
Now, get forever out of my life. Do not turn back. You do not deserve to even know the people you’ve insulted in that idiotic post you wrote. Don’t ever, ever find yourself in my presence or think you deserve to breath the air that I, and Jen, and Stephanie, and Gret and Ophelia and PZ and the rest of us breath, because you do not.
If you do make that apology it better be from laying face down in the mud.
Have a nice day and kiss my ass.

Greg
PS, don’t you dare ask, ever again, for an upvote or any other support from your colleagues. I’ll kick your fucking ass if you do. You will regret it. (Unless that apology is forthcoming.)
Not my emphasis. Griffith's original post here: http://www.freezepage.com/1356391890TFZKYEHWOQ

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

John Greg wrote:Boyo, over at Feelya's, they're as angry at Al, and us, as a nest of freaked out hornets: http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... -equality/

Wow. Just...wow. The comments are quite a bit, um, ironic? Surly dropped out of TAM because of the hate (yeah, a hateful t-shirt), and Ophelia had to drop out of TAM because of the hate (you mean the comment from one of her supporters that she misinterpreted as a death threat? That kind of hate?).

Also loved the "they don't have to read things they don't agree with" comment, as if Nanny Phee-Phee and the rest don't have their search engines trawling the web for their names, or the (their definition) cyberstalking that people like Nanny do constantly. What clueless twits, and twats, and dicks (had to put that in for Nanny boo-boo). Good thing I bought the super-industrial irony meter - it's getting a workout from the clueless on that thread.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Damn - I forgot to say that Greg must be teachin' 'Phelia how to write. All that "ragey rage" - pure gold. Maybe she should get Greta "bestest writer evah" to teach her instead?

And, we're all evil for laughing (huh?) at Ed's problems. I guess the idea that he stand on his own two feet and not beg like a pathetic weasel like Greta "I don't have cancer, so kiss my ass, I'm keeping the money" Christina. I thought you'd be old enough to know that hospitals take payment arrangements. Been there, done that, and have been paying medical bills for the last few years (and at least 3-5 more at present payments unless I get more money or lose my job, a real possibility as a teacher in Texas). I've been balancing food bills and other things for years, living paycheck to paycheck. Cry me a river, Ed.

cunt

Post by cunt »

No Surly (aged 43) went to TAM, which is where she saw the hateful t-shirt and started bawling. Benson (aged 50+) dropped out of TAM because somebody sent her an extremely sarcastic email.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

John Greg wrote:Boyo, over at Feelya's, they're as angry at Al, and us, as a nest of freaked out hornets: http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... -equality/

[youtube]owzhYNcd4OM[/youtube]

cunt

Post by cunt »

They're obsessed with apologies. I tried watching that "testosterone damaged brains" conference panel to see what the context was earlier on. It starts with Swvan (paraphrasing) - "ok so we didn't meet up to discuss what the topic would be, or what we'd talk about, so any questions..."

I had to turn it off. They're up there because the stage is two foot higher than everyone else.

Darren

Post by Darren »

Badger3k wrote:Being a bit bored while the beer-bread is being made, I skimmed my feed and read this bit from Laden from yesterday.
And, most of the harassment I get these days other than the occasional creationist's is actually from fellow Atheists, who hate me because I respect and refuse to rape women, and I recognize that much of the violence done to women is by testosterone poisoned men.
He "refuses" to rape women? That's a very strange choice of words. The idea of raping anyone has never even entered my mind to be "refused".

Maybe Laden really is not quite right up stairs. You know... Voices in his head telling him to rape. All this self loathing makes much more sense in that context.

franc

Post by franc »

Tkmlac wrote:FtBers asking for donations for their "health scares." No accountability or oversight on how the funds are used. I'm not saying these health scares didn't happen, but its strange to me that upper class, educated whites as privileged as they are can't go to their families, their savings accounts, or that they don't have better health coverage.
What's so strange?

John Brown

Post by John Brown »

cunt wrote:They're obsessed with apologies. I tried watching that "testosterone damaged brains" conference panel to see what the context was earlier on. It starts with Swvan (paraphrasing) - "ok so we didn't meet up to discuss what the topic would be, or what we'd talk about, so any questions..."

I had to turn it off. They're up there because the stage is two foot higher than everyone else.
Exactly right. I've pointed this out before. When Svan infamously said, "I need better opponents," what she really meant was, "I need you to shut the fuck up so I can lecture you for as long as I with to lecture you and don't dare say a word or I'll accuse you of harassment."

I know we all have our favorites, but she's just about the worst of that bunch.

Tkmlac

Post by Tkmlac »

"PZ Myers: Their feelings can be hurt. Again, don’t promote this confusion between real violence and words.
This is not to say feelings aren’t real — of course they are. But sometimes you have to metaphorically slap people’s feelings hard to get them to wake up."

This is the same motherfucker that compare the Slymepit's bagging on skepchick with a man who shot fourteen women.

This is a man whose friends compared comedians' jokes with being raped all over again.

Fuck him.

somedumbguy

Post by somedumbguy »

Mykeru wrote:

[youtube]owzhYNcd4OM[/youtube]
Thank you. I don't keep up on my South Park, and I hadn't realized until just now that the "your tears are delicious" meme traced back there.

Tkmlac

Post by Tkmlac »

franc wrote:
Tkmlac wrote:FtBers asking for donations for their "health scares." No accountability or oversight on how the funds are used. I'm not saying these health scares didn't happen, but its strange to me that upper class, educated whites as privileged as they are can't go to their families, their savings accounts, or that they don't have better health coverage.
What's so strange?
Ugh. This kind of shit makes me hate humans sometimes.

franc

Post by franc »

Mykeru wrote:
Steersman wrote: If Mykeru’s name is so readily available on his blog – which he acknowledged and pointed to once if not several times in his tweets – one has to think that his “umbrage” is more feigned than real, more suggestive of crocodile tears and a chess gambit.
Usually I let your crap slide because it's obvious your strong point isn't paying attention to details that don't feed your confirmation bias for whatever point you are trying to tug out your ass.
Why do you bother? Steersmoan fits the very worst definition of troll. Continuously -

* feigning ignorance and inability to source information
* pleading innocence because he's "just asking questions"
* probably has a checklist of regurgitated to death points that he works through and when done, starts again at the beginning
* rubs his hands with glee at how he can jerk all of you around on a string

No one can possibly be as stupid as Steersman paints himself, not even Laden. And you keep feeding him.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Greg Laden libels:

Can someone screen cap this before Laden gets a clue?

For the record, Greg, I haven't written one review. Not one. And your horseshit is no different than a GOP flack who claims ant disagreement with their platform is "un-American". You clown.

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

This guy continues to be hilarious. Legos are a tool of the patriarchy :)

[youtube]wYev7sNLCUk[/youtube]

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

Laden has been stating that he might "tell-all" about his stalking of Abbie/ERV, and claiming it would only make ERV look bad.

Apparently, in his trademarked braindead way, he has forgotten that he has already out himself on this issue, and that outing was documented on Phawrongula: http://phawrongula.wikia.com/wiki/Cyber ... _InZvanity

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

cunt wrote:No Surly (aged 43) went to TAM, which is where she saw the hateful t-shirt and started bawling. Benson (aged 50+) dropped out of TAM because somebody sent her an extremely sarcastic email.
Surly Amy is forty-fucking-three?!?!?
I'm forty three, and now I feel embarrassed by proxy (for want of a better term). I figured there was no way anyone could act that childish and be over, at most, twenty five.
The "just when you think they can't become any more ridiculous" principle is starting to look like an actual physical law.

welch

Post by welch »

Badger3k wrote:

Wow. Just...wow. The comments are quite a bit, um, ironic? Surly dropped out of TAM because of the hate (yeah, a hateful t-shirt), and Ophelia had to drop out of TAM because of the hate (you mean the comment from one of her supporters that she misinterpreted as a death threat? That kind of hate?).

Also loved the "they don't have to read things they don't agree with" comment, as if Nanny Phee-Phee and the rest don't have their search engines trawling the web for their names, or the (their definition) cyberstalking that people like Nanny do constantly. What clueless twits, and twats, and dicks (had to put that in for Nanny boo-boo). Good thing I bought the super-industrial irony meter - it's getting a workout from the clueless on that thread.

You don't have to read things you don't agree with? Good advice. They should follow it.