Periodic Table of Swearing

Old subthreads
Michael K Gray

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Post by Michael K Gray »

Dick Strawkins wrote:....the consensus on the Skepchick/FTB side seems to be that on balance it is a good thing because they don't like Justin Vacula. They are essentially saying that his right of free speech is forteit because his views are beyond the pale of the correct opinions.
Yes.
This is the tactic known to Scientologist criminals as "fair game".
The shameless, nasty & venomous FfTB church has adopted it as their own.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Michael K Gray wrote:Ophiliar Bansome has some inintentional hilarity happening in her latest post:
Paul Fidalgo has a gut-wrenching open letter to Alexander Aan at Friendly Atheist.
The petition failed, you know.
I should have done more, maybe - I blogged about it twice, the second time with considerable urgency, and tweeted and re-tweeted often
Fuck me?
What else could she have done as a true activist?
And how does one blog "with considerable urgency"??
WTF?
Senility has advanced at an alarming rate.

Hilarious what these retards consider to be their maximum effort!
Bansome probably had to drive to the bank. We all know how exhausting that can be.

Silly Bunt.
What else could she have done? When all else fails they have their weapon of last resort, not deployed since franc's Crime Of The Century. Desperate times call for desperate measures. If the worst comes to the pass they may all have to visit someone's blog and post the word NO.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Steersman wrote: But “Lousy Canuck’s homophobia”? That looks like a real stretch with diddly squat in the way of supporting evidence.
I never did get where thaat one came from myself. But I could not be arsed to chase it down. Rather spend the time at IA catching up on Islamic affairs right now.
The following seems to be the extent of the charge. Several of his other posts quite clearly indicate that he is anything but a homophobe:
Jason Thibeault wrote:So, I have this problem. A vacuous shitbag troll is running around telling everyone that I’m a homophobe based on a reading of my comment here:

DJ Grothe is not LITERALLY a douchebag, as he does not store vinegar or other potentially harmful chemicals in his person for the purposes of “cleansing” a woman’s vagina. In fact, I hear he wants little to do with women’s vaginas.
People peddling that charge seem to be little more than dickheads – being charitable.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

bhoytony wrote:
Steersman wrote:

No, I wouldn’t say that.

But I don’t think decius’ criticisms are particularly valid. For one thing, I don’t think I “gratuitously godwinned Commander Tuvok” is at all credible as I spared no expense in creating the entirely justified and warranted analogy – so to speak.

As for cunt? I kind of like Sally Strange’s interpretation: “juicy, funky, flexible, and creative”.

And pompous? I figure if MKG can champion the related word, pedantic, then I figure it can’t be all that much of an odious label to wear.

Windbag? One could say that that is exactly what the bagpipes are – some rather stirring sounds from that instrument – Amazing Grace, for example. But probably an acquired taste.

Sticks and stones. Or eye of the beholder ....
Yep, just as Decius said, pompous windbag. No doubt more pompous windbaggery to come in response to this.
You might want to save up and buy a second string for your fiddle ....

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Steersman wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:
Steersman wrote: But “Lousy Canuck’s homophobia”? That looks like a real stretch with diddly squat in the way of supporting evidence.
I never did get where thaat one came from myself. But I could not be arsed to chase it down. Rather spend the time at IA catching up on Islamic affairs right now.
The following seems to be the extent of the charge. Several of his other posts quite clearly indicate that he is anything but a homophobe:
Jason Thibeault wrote:So, I have this problem. A vacuous shitbag troll is running around telling everyone that I’m a homophobe based on a reading of my comment here:

DJ Grothe is not LITERALLY a douchebag, as he does not store vinegar or other potentially harmful chemicals in his person for the purposes of “cleansing” a woman’s vagina. In fact, I hear he wants little to do with women’s vaginas.
People peddling that charge seem to be little more than dickheads – being charitable.
I think people charging him with the accusation of homophobia are just giving him a taste of his own medicine. Some have been painted with a much darker brush for way less "offence", by Lousy and his pals.

Yeah, I know, it's playing their game, but damn, it does vent frustration sometimes.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Steersman wrote: You might want to save up and buy a second string for your fiddle ....
You might want to try being less of a pompous windbag. I'm off to try that ignore user by default setting in my control panel.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote: ...

I think people charging him with the accusation of homophobia are just giving him a taste of his own medicine. Some have been painted with a much darker brush for way less "offence", by Lousy and his pals.

Yeah, I know, it's playing their game, but damn, it does vent frustration sometimes.
One can sympathize. But it tends to detract from the credibility of “our” side; tends to be equivalent to shooting oneself in the foot ...

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

bhoytony wrote:
Steersman wrote: You might want to save up and buy a second string for your fiddle ....
You might want to try being less of a pompous windbag. I'm off to try that ignore user by default setting in my control panel.
Another one who follows along behind franc and company in putting their heads in the sand.

Reminds me of a comparison someone made between some theologians and some children playing by putting a blanket over their heads and thinking that if they can’t see anyone then no one can see them.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Steersman wrote:

One can sympathize. But it tends to detract from the credibility of “our” side; tends to be equivalent to shooting oneself in the foot ...
I'm not so sure about that. It is a known fact that we use a lot of humour and hyperboles in these parts. Now, just re-reading Lousy's comment on DJ:
In fact, I hear he wants little to do with women’s vaginas.
I can easily see how it could be construed as homophobic, or at least dismissive of DJ's sexuality. It sure as hell would have raised a shitstorm over there if any Pitter had typped that. I guess you may not be so familiar with FTB and their commentariat.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Addendum to my last post:

Calling Lousy homophobic is a typr of reductio ad absurdum. It just points out to his/their hypocrisy when it comes to labelling (MRA, misogynist, gender traitor...)

DownThunder

Post by DownThunder »

Speaking as an empowered voice for the gays, Im declaring it homophobic. Dont mind those homo-traitors who say otherwise. Listen. To. The. Gays.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

DownThunder wrote:Speaking as an empowered voice for the gays, Im declaring it homophobic. Dont mind those homo-traitors who say otherwise. Listen. To. The. Gays.
But are you an "official spokes-gay"?
:shifty:

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

ZOMG Chris is responding in the manner of a startled Baboon in the comments of the GirlWritesWhat DMCA vid
[youtube]T2ebYMWiTXw[/youtube]
I cannot believe that she has drunl so deep of their poison so quickly.

franc

For Sulky Amy

Post by franc »

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Dick Strawkins wrote:
DownThunder wrote:Speaking as an empowered voice for the gays, Im declaring it homophobic. Dont mind those homo-traitors who say otherwise. Listen. To. The. Gays.
Don't. Please, don't. :lol:

DownThunder

Post by DownThunder »

Tigzy wrote:
Dick Strawkins wrote:
Everytime I hear that name, I think of this:

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Re: rats are my friends

Post by Tigzy »

sacha wrote:love the new profile image, Tigzy
Thanks! It's a Banksy Rat. Strangely, despite my many forays into London, I've not yet seen an original Banksy in the wild. Closest I ever came was finding a poor pastiche of his 'girl with a heart shaped balloon' in Brixham, Devon, of all places.

franc

Post by franc »

Tigzy wrote:
Dick Strawkins wrote:
Suck on this instead -

[youtube]in9SiDtJLaU[/youtube]

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Michael K Gray wrote:ZOMG Chris is responding in the manner of a startled Baboon in the comments of the GirlWritesWhat DMCA vid
[youtube]T2ebYMWiTXw[/youtube]
I cannot believe that she has drunl so deep of their poison so quickly.
Leave Pee-Zee alone!!!!!!
http://imgur.com/LVcfs.jpg

Dilurk

Page 73

Post by Dilurk »

Best regards!

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Re: Page 73

Dilurk wrote:Best regards!
I...I don't get it. Shall I go upthread to get it?

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Zombiecriss is rapidly progressing from nitwit to full blown fuckwit. She's doing a rape analogy on twitter (which no doubt she'll delete later)..... It's just like me saying you maybe a rape apologist... Duh...duh...duh... No cris, no its not.

Dilurk

Post by Dilurk »

ERV wrote:
Tigzy wrote:
And they're not the only ones taking an interest in Amy's work, either. Erm...so I've been told. *halo doesn't slip one bit*
I know, rite?? I posted something along these lines on Facebook--

There is the American Atheists A and RDFs Scarlett A, which Im sure she does have permission to use.
It's a type face Zapfino Extra LT One letter A
http://www.linotype.com/61926/ZapfinoEx ... oduct.html
I remember this discussion coming up somewhere. Apparently one of the presidential USanian candidates used the same font face in one of his ads. Much fun was made of the fact that he was a secret Atheist. All in jest of course.

http://outcampaign.org/promotions I'm guessing one could use the Zapfino capital A instead to get around the copyright.

Dilurk

Post by Dilurk »

Steersman wrote:

I would highly suggest reading http://phawrongula.wikia.com/wiki/Cunt_ ... ust_a_Word franc has done a great job here. (Yes I know franc, I'll get there!) The key is the culture differences between North America and just about anywhere else. I'm Canadian but I'm married into a family of expat brits so I grok partially the culture of the UK. The US seem to still have a puritanical bent about the use of cunt as an invective. Even Jean Kazez gets upset about the bad werdz when in most countries other than the U.S. and possibly Canada (I don't know, I'm so used to UK slang now) are perfectly fine with its use as a non-gendered insult or perhaps friendly insult. My lousy compatriot (ugh!) was being mildly tweaked for using a gendered insult to be homophobic, to demonstrate the hypocrisy. It's fine to call someone a 'dick' (slang for penis) or even a 'dickhead' (What some men think with) or a 'douche' but 'cunt' ? swoon. Read up on the history at phawrongula.

As an aside, I'll go check on this forum and see if we have a FAQ that needs these links. It would be nicer to point newbies at a FAQ then repeat all this over and over. I bet it's listed at the top right?

Dilurk

Re: Page 73

Post by Dilurk »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Dilurk wrote:Best regards!
I...I don't get it. Shall I go upthread to get it?
I don't think anyone will get it, if they do, I'll have a good laugh.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

bhoytony wrote:
Works for me, but you can still see people quoting pompous windbaggery.

Definitely worth it, though: Steersbore is one truly boring pompous twat, and his writing style reminds me of the way Peggy Noonan speaks.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Re: For Sulky Amy

Post by Lsuoma »

That's OK: your tears say more than real evidence ever could...

DW Adams

Post by DW Adams »

Jean isn't up to speed apparently:

[img]http:/atheiststoday.com/images/jeankazez_tweet.jpg[/img]

When Amy's own words were:
We’re not asking for anything crazy – just basic rules so that we can say the sort of thing like making fake jewelry and intentionally offending people is not okay nor is grabbing someone’s ass. That’s it, that’s all we’re asking for.

DW Adams

Post by DW Adams »

Skeeve wrote:Jean isn't up to speed apparently:

http://atheiststoday.com/images/jeankazez_tweet.jpg

When Amy's own words were:
We’re not asking for anything crazy – just basic rules so that we can say the sort of thing like making fake jewelry and intentionally offending people is not okay nor is grabbing someone’s ass. That’s it, that’s all we’re asking for.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Badger3k wrote:Finally, should we start calling her Nanny "Virulent" Pheelie, to give her something else to obsess about? :lol:
How about "Ovirula Benson"?

franc

Re: For Sulky Amy

Post by franc »

Lsuoma wrote:
That's OK: your tears say more than real evidence ever could...
Genius. That's getting a remix.

http://i.imgur.com/cHJyg.jpg

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

ERV wrote:
Notung wrote:
Ophelia Benson wrote:Connecting the word “feminism” with the word “virulent” ... is misogyny.
Of course. Just like connecting the word "Yes" with "but".
Virology is a kind of science. Science is misogyny (according to Pamela Gay). So viruses are misogynistic.

DUH!
I think Ovirula IS a virus. Didn't you say that some viruses are DNA ones? Because I think she's trying to infect people with her Dogmatic Nucleic Acid.

(I'm hoping I spelled those last two words correctly. They LOOK okay, but hmmm)

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

rayshul wrote:Hm. Might have just had an ethical change of opinion. If Roth is DMCA-ing all over the place, I don't see an issue with DMCA-ing her back for her copyright infringements. I'm not sure I can justify that really to myself though - the part of me that's like, you shouldn't fuck with people's livelihoods is at war with the bit that says, uhhh she's breaking the law while starting legal actions against other people...
I know what you mean. I've decided that while I wouldn't feel comfortable in doing it myself, the aspect of her getting a little of her own medicine is holding me back from being as against it as I might have otherwise been. And it's not too bad in how it will affect her. She'll simply have to pull the pacman product. She won't lose her job or any other similar far worse things. Far worse things like, for instance, what Laden and InZvanity did to Abbie:
ERV wrote:Notung (also rayshul)-- Yup. Laden/Svan bitching at NatGeo about those threads has cost me a nice chunk of money. :?
rayshul wrote:What is an unjustified murder? A girl who doesn't like Mondays?
I suspect you are going to recognize this song if you remember the Monday incident.

[youtube]o2I84-A9duY[/youtube]

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

sacha wrote:Andrew and Dilurk,

Why such similar profile images?

it makes the dialogue a tad confusing (yes, I know I'm blond). Most people barely glance at the image, in order to know who posted the comment, Nectar's changes, but it's always brightly coloured flora and fauna.

Just an observation.
When I'm in forum style places, I take on the bad habit of changing my image frequently, which is weird since everywhere else I've been mostly using the same image for a couple years. I don't like though, that it means people have to re-associate a new graphic with a person, but it seems that my wanting to put in a new image always over-rides that. What can I say? I'll probably switch again sometime today. Maybe before I even post this. It just happened again.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

JackRayner, Notung, and Justin, I don't think it's a bad thing to post at AVfM. I suscribe to their blog and even ocassionally comment there. Their articles are quite interesting and reasonable, not extremist. I have to say, I like the site.

franc

Pussy Riot 101

Post by franc »

Yeah, they are really protesting feminist issues Marcotte you dumb, numb cunt -

http://rdfrs.com/news_articles/2012/8/1 ... C-ROUL5FEN

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Dick Strawkins wrote:Leave Pee-Zee alone!!!!!!
http://imgur.com/LVcfs.jpg
Hahahahahha

Poor Criss though, totally drunk on the Freefromthought Flavour-Aid.

Dilurk

Re: Pussy Riot 101

Post by Dilurk »

franc wrote:Yeah, they are really protesting feminist issues Marcotte you dumb, numb cunt -

urgh from the same site http://rdfrs.com/news_articles/2012/8/1 ... C-sjKn0gXc

"For archival purposes?" Abbie! How stable would that be? Not very I'd have thought?

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

<-------- Just to piss off Sacha*

Not really, I know she likes little Dexter. :D

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

Dilurk wrote:
franc wrote:Yeah, they are really protesting feminist issues Marcotte you dumb, numb cunt -

"For archival purposes?" Abbie! How stable would that be? Not very I'd have thought?
I dont know where people get the idea that DNA, out of a cell, is unstable.

Ive got stocks of DNA I made back in 2005.

If you keep your DNA pure (no contaminating DNAses), it is perfectly happy in regular ol water. Not sure your DNA is pure? Put it in Tris-EDTA (a salt solution that inhibits enzymes, so if there are proteins there that want to chomp DNA, they dont work/dont work well). Want long-term storage? DNA is happy as a clam in ethanol. And you can always throw these stocks (water/TE/EtOH/whatever) in the freezer, the colder the better, and it will keep just fine.

Phil! Dexter is so pretty!!

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Hasn't Vacula woken from his slumber yet, or is he wading through his messages on Twitter.

:D

Dilurk

Post by Dilurk »

ERV wrote:
Dilurk wrote:

I dont know where people get the idea that DNA, out of a cell, is unstable.

Ive got stocks of DNA I made back in 2005.

If you keep your DNA pure (no contaminating DNAses), it is perfectly happy in regular ol water. Not sure your DNA is pure? Put it in Tris-EDTA (a salt solution that inhibits enzymes, so if there are proteins there that want to chomp DNA, they dont work/dont work well). Want long-term storage? DNA is happy as a clam in ethanol. And you can always throw these stocks (water/TE/EtOH/whatever) in the freezer, the colder the better, and it will keep just fine.

Phil! Dexter is so pretty!!
I once walked through a busy cafeteria in a shopping mall with a baby boa constrictor in my winter coat pocket. She was a cute little thing. I often wondered if the crowd in the cafeteria would have freaked had I taken her out for a look see. She wasn't mine mind, I was doing a favour for a friend who wanted the boa as a gift. tl;dr Anyway, snakes don't bother me. Insects don't bother me. In fact, I have a small collection of macro photography of insects. I guess I am just a gender traitor.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Thanks Abbie!

Funny that most compliments to Dexter (here and elswhere) where by women, and the only "yucky" comments he got were from males. Anyway, he's a lovely little guy, seems to enjoy being taken out of his vivarium and have some quality time with us. He aslo likes mice, of course...

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Thanks Abbie!

Funny that most compliments to Dexter (here and elswhere) where by women, and the only "yucky" comments he got were from males. Anyway, he's a lovely little guy, seems to enjoy being taken out of his vivarium and have some quality time with us. He aslo likes mice, of course...
OH SHIT!!! From men, I meant from men!!!

Oh dear, what have I done now.

Dilurk

Re: My logo

Post by Dilurk »

I CBA to look up the original comment but yes, this is a representation of how I feel about equality these days. Yes it is a Quixotic task. Sorry for any confusion. I'll likely change it again sometime anyway.

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Thanks Abbie!

OH SHIT!!! From men, I meant from men!!!

Oh dear, what have I done now.
I hated TA-ing in college (did it *one* semester), but in that one semester I got to proctor the biodiversity lab. I really just sat there and snuggled with the python in my front hoodie pocket.

But Dexter is like, shockingly pretty, Phil! I want to wear him as jewelry!

Incidentally, the standard terms for 'men' and 'women' in HIV World is male/female. Male-to-Male transmission, Male-to-Female, etc. I still think that was one of the dumbest bitch-fits.

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

Well, I see that the hate campaign and misinformation campaign is really lighting up on my Twitter feed. www.justinvacula.com/twitter.

I authored a blog post concerning this posting of Amy's address and more.
http://www.justinvacula.com/2012/08/a-c ... y-amy.html

Feel free to weather the trolls on my Twitter feed...

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

Oh, ...and by the way. Here's my post on "A Voice for Men."

I didn't author the title.

http://www.avoiceformen.com/feminism/fe ... feminists/

DW Adams

Post by DW Adams »

justinvacula wrote:Well, I see that the hate campaign and misinformation campaign is really lighting up on my Twitter feed. http://www.justinvacula.com/twitter.

I authored a blog post concerning this posting of Amy's address and more.
http://www.justinvacula.com/2012/08/a-c ... y-amy.html

Feel free to weather the trolls on my Twitter feed...
Just came here to post this. It's starting to get rolling. Not sure it was the wisest of moves. I read through the comments below your article and there are some nasty women haters there.

DW Adams

Post by DW Adams »

I saw a reference to someone named Marcotte upthread, but didn't know who she was.

I see now.

http://atheiststoday.com/images/marcotte1.jpg
http://atheiststoday.com/images/marcotte2.jpg
http://atheiststoday.com/images/marcotte3.jpg

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Yup, that's good ol' Amanda (and a dose of Sally). Batshit crazy.

Notung

Post by Notung »

Yesterday, Marcotte said that disliking the character Skyler on Breaking Bad is sexist.

https://twitter.com/AmandaMarcotte/stat ... 9543345153

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Cristina Sad takes her butthurt to her blog, as regards GirlWritesWhat: http://freethoughtblogs.com/cristinarad ... ne-did-it/

As per usual, the Baboon commentariat just doesn't get it. It's not so much about the fact that GirlWritesWhat is mooting the possibility that she was DMCA'd by a FftB/Skeptchick tool - but rather the fact that she should be so ready to consider FfTB/Skepchick as reasonable culprits. You baboon dummies are reaping what you've sewn; and still, you fail utterly to see it.

Tibbywibbyteebo does make a stab at it, and verges on a conspiracy theory in doing so:
The interesting thing about it is apparently it was the same bullies who complain about us (FtB and Skepchick) who apparently clued her in that we’re easy scapegoats, all because one of their own had posted copyrighted images and a DMCA request demanded that it be taken down.
Wonder who he's referring to here? Justin Vacula? Thing is, GirlWritesWhat first talked of her DMCA notice on the 14th Aug, where she stated the possible involvement of the FfTB/skepsicko crowd there and then: http://owningyourshit.blogspot.co.uk/20 ... right.html (her vid was released on the same day)

And Justin first remarks upon it on his blog the very same day: http://www.justinvacula.com/2012/08/dmca.html

So if Thimblewimble is indeed suggesting that Justin clued GirlWritesWhat into the 'fact' that the baboons 'make easy scapegoats', then he could have only convinced her of this within a space of no more than several hours; likewise, if not Justin, then presumably a number of those who followed Justin's blog also saw GWWs vid, and also managed to convince her that the FfTB lot make good scapegoats - again, managing to convince GWW of this in the space of a few hours. And this is also assuming GWW released her vid after Justin made his blog post.

franc

Post by franc »

Skeeve wrote:I saw a reference to someone named Marcotte upthread, but didn't know who she was.

I see now.
Marcotte

Pandas

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Skeeve wrote: Just came here to post this. It's starting to get rolling. Not sure it was the wisest of moves. I read through the comments below your article and there are some nasty women haters there.
OK I must have a blind spot or something because I just read the comments and I did not notice any. So, can I get an example of one and a reason why you think it is woman hating?

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

Notung wrote:Yesterday, Marcotte said that disliking the character Skyler on Breaking Bad is sexist.

https://twitter.com/AmandaMarcotte/stat ... 9543345153
...and if you don't like Levar Burton's character on TNG you must be racist? ??
Someone ought to write a wikia article on Marcotte's statements.

About a year and a half ago, I was happy to use the term feminist, but I will never use it again following some of ideas like this put forth.

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

The After Forever song "follow in the cry" is so fitting for the ftb/skepchick crowd.

A great band, too, btw...

Lyrics: http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/ ... 47002106AE

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Skeeve wrote:I saw a reference to someone named Marcotte upthread, but didn't know who she was.

I see now.
Fucking lunatic. Weirdly enough, if her picture on Wiki is anything to go by, she looks almost exactly like this crazed hosebeast I had the misfortune to date once. Coincidentally, this woman believed that women who were pregnant were somehow insulting her by virtue of being pregnant, on the basis that she feared she couldn't have children.

I know. I was in a crazy place at the time.

Notung

Post by Notung »

justinvacula wrote:About a year and a half ago, I was happy to use the term feminist, but I will never use it again following some of ideas like this put forth.
I don't know - if someone ask me whether I'm a feminist I'll just do what some atheists do with God, (i.e. "what do you mean by 'God'?"). I'll say "what do you mean by 'feminist'"? If they say "the view that women are human beings" (which is the one I hear most from the SJWs) or "the view that women should have equal rights with men" or "the view that sexist discrimination against women is wrong" then I'll happily agree that I'm a feminist.

If they say "you must subscribe to this set of doctrines" and talk about things like 'privilege' and use terms like 'mansplaining' and deny that ad hominem arguments are fallacious etc etc (which are the things that the SJWs actually seem to think feminist entails), then I'll deny I'm that kind of feminist.

DW Adams

Post by DW Adams »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Skeeve wrote: Just came here to post this. It's starting to get rolling. Not sure it was the wisest of moves. I read through the comments below your article and there are some nasty women haters there.
OK I must have a blind spot or something because I just read the comments and I did not notice any. So, can I get an example of one and a reason why you think it is woman hating?
I'm sorry my sarcasm didn't read well. I was channeling Ophelia.

Of all the replies, there was really only one person whose turn of phrase makes him look bad.

http://atheiststoday.com/images/MrStodern.jpg