Periodic Table of Swearing

Old subthreads
KarlVonMox

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Post by KarlVonMox »

Hahaha, that comment about exercising is so pathetic - if this person has time to post useless comments like that on skepchick while paying for a computer and internet access then she definitely has time and money for exercise. Its one of the most crucial things one needs to do to optimize physical/mental well being, and she is coming up with excuses about it. Clowns.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

ReneeHendricks wrote: And part of my "1 frivolity a day" to keep myself sane until the end of the month.
It's not working. Just saying.

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

Mykeru wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote: And part of my "1 frivolity a day" to keep myself sane until the end of the month.
It's not working. Just saying.
Thanks, ass! (I did laugh, so that's something)

Rystefn

Post by Rystefn »

codelette wrote:
Rystefn wrote:
codelette wrote:This guy obviously listened to Marilove's advice
[youtube]qX9FSZJu448[[/youtube]

I decided to start doing P90X three weeks ago. You know what pushed me to suck it up and finish my workouts? There's a guy with a fake leg jumping higher than me.
Depending on what kind of fake leg he's got, it could be an advantage. Some of those are pretty badass. I'm not going to lie - if it was legal, I'd have my legs removed and get prosthetics.
This is the guy
Yeah, not one of the ones that gives a jumping advantage, looks like, but not one that in any impedes him, either.

16bitheretic

Post by 16bitheretic »

Oh hey people...TRIGGER WARNING: apparently Rickrolling can be traumatic for people who endured the cold, dark apocalypse of the final days of the Richard Dawkins forums. So if you have a desire to bring back 2008 era internet memes involving Rick Astley music videos, be aware of the potential pain and suffering and potential internet-PTSD you may trigger in those survivors.
http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3472
Eowyn Entwife wrote:Er... if you really mean linking to Rick Ashley's "Never Gonna Give You Up" would be legit, let me just point out that that particular video could be triggery for a number of us "lifeboat survivors" from the final and fatal meltdown of the Richard Dawkins Forum.

codelette

Post by codelette »

KarlVonMox wrote:Hahaha, that comment about exercising is so pathetic - if this person has time to post useless comments like that on skepchick while paying for a computer and internet access then she definitely has time and money for exercise. Its one of the most crucial things one needs to do to optimize physical/mental well being, and she is coming up with excuses about it. Clowns.
Yeah. Another one that I find really idiotic is the "poor people cannot eat good healthy foodz, cause it is like...oh so difficult.." and the exploitation -by usually sheltered SWJ- of the food deserts concept. There was a report in the local paper regarding how our 'hood was finally going to overcome its food desert status and have access to fresh food (cause we are getting a grocery store a la Trader Joe's). This food "desert" actually have a grocery store that sells fresh veggies, fruits, meats and other staple products. At very good prices. It is a fucking block away from the new place.
The place is owned by Mexicans and it is the place where all the Hispanics laborers from the area do their grocery shopping.

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

16bitheretic wrote:Oh hey people...TRIGGER WARNING: apparently Rickrolling can be traumatic for people who endured the cold, dark apocalypse of the final days of the Richard Dawkins forums. So if you have a desire to bring back 2008 era internet memes involving Rick Astley music videos, be aware of the potential pain and suffering and potential internet-PTSD you may trigger in those survivors.
Eowyn Entwife wrote:Er... if you really mean linking to Rick Ashley's "Never Gonna Give You Up" would be legit, let me just point out that that particular video could be triggery for a number of us "lifeboat survivors" from the final and fatal meltdown of the Richard Dawkins Forum.
*facepalm*

How can people like this deal with those inevitable events in life that are actually traumatic? What happens when one of their relatives passes away? Do they just cease to function for the rest of their lives?

Eucliwood

Post by Eucliwood »

KarlVonMox wrote:Hahaha, that comment about exercising is so pathetic - if this person has time to post useless comments like that on skepchick while paying for a computer and internet access then she definitely has time and money for exercise. Its one of the most crucial things one needs to do to optimize physical/mental well being, and she is coming up with excuses about it. Clowns.
She can airbike WHILE posting the comment, hehe. As for computer and net access, even poor people have that.
16bitheretic wrote:Oh hey people...TRIGGER WARNING: apparently Rickrolling can be traumatic for people who endured the cold, dark apocalypse of the final days of the Richard Dawkins forums. So if you have a desire to bring back 2008 era internet memes involving Rick Astley music videos, be aware of the potential pain and suffering and potential internet-PTSD you may trigger in those survivors.
LOL are they fucking serious? Cry me a river. Some PTSD victims take an issue with people abusing trigger protection. Something about minimizing the seriousness. Hehe.

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

Metalogic42 wrote:
*facepalm*

How can people like this deal with those inevitable events in life that are actually traumatic? What happens when one of their relatives passes away? Do they just cease to function for the rest of their lives?
Personally, I'm surprised half of them remember to breathe on a regular basis.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Testing out the thanks for the post mod. Thanks, Renee.

16bitheretic

Post by 16bitheretic »

ReneeHendricks wrote: Personally, I'm surprised half of them remember to breathe on a regular basis.
Now, now...be careful say anything that might offend somebody with lung cancer, 'cuz that would be ableist and a sign of privilege.

welch

Post by welch »

ReneeHendricks wrote:
Metalogic42 wrote:
*facepalm*

CHECK YOUR AUTONOMIC NERVOUS SYSTEM PRIVILEDGE!

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Possibly a bit clunky, but can always be removed. Let's see how it goes. BTW, look at the top right of the page for the "Thanks Toplist" and "Thanks List" links to see aggregate numbers. This means that posts that receive a lot of thanks will be available from these links as a sort of proxy for top votes.

AbsurdWalls

Post by AbsurdWalls »

Eowyn is one of the more sensible and kind people over there, though definitely on the A+ bandwagon. It's notable that she suggested making the rule (on requiring transcriptions to be posted with videos) a lot more gentle than was initially proposed. My guess is that a primary motivating factor for the rule in the first place was to give a reason to ban folks who passed by to drop off the latest from tf00t or whoever.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

But I must remember to activate it for the users as well as the mods.

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

ReneeHendricks wrote:
Metalogic42 wrote:
*facepalm*

I would register on the baboon boards just to complain that I get triggered by trigger warnings and see what ensues. Unfortunately, I know if I wait long enough someone there is going to do it anyway.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

I was reading a comments thread about trigger warnings and their use, and many of the commenters said they liked the idea of TW's, cuz 'well if I am at work, I need to brace myself so I'm not surprised with something traumatic and have a meltdown.'

Ok, sorry,

but I have to ask,

what in fucking hell are you bitches doing reading about rape and other traumatic events at motherfucking work?

and if you -are- reading an article about rape, you should fully -expect- nasty stuff to be in the comments, instead of expecting every single fucking comment that might be traumatic to be fucking TW'd first.

Tkmlac

Post by Tkmlac »

Gumby wrote:
Tkmlac wrote: *ahem* Where is Nelson's fedora?
Here, does this help?

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd24 ... ff7f86.jpg
Ah yes! Thank you!

franc

Post by franc »

Za-zen wrote:I'm getting fucking worried the ratio female to male of new posters, has to have made this a female dominated space. Fuck that, time for a mysoginist take back! This is the pyt! Don't you know we're a women hating hatey hate site.

How the fuck are we going to remain a credible hatesite with all these women running round using their own fucking brains.
I for one welcome our female overlords. Ladies, here are my testicles -

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_r_OD5vkXiKY/S ... ticles.jpg

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Lsuoma wrote:Testing out the thanks for the post mod. Thanks, Renee.
http://www.myfacewhen.net/uploads/92-wh ... s-shit.jpg

masakari2012

Post by masakari2012 »

The picture of those testicles are taken through a microscope. :lol:

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

Mykeru wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:Testing out the thanks for the post mod. Thanks, Renee.
http://www.myfacewhen.net/uploads/92-wh ... s-shit.jpg
Ha! That's for the sanity remark. :D

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Jesus fucking christ

http://www.polygon.com/2013/1/2/3828182 ... lent-video
a small community about 30 miles from the site of the Newtown massacre is organizing a voluntary video game return program, aimed at collecting violent video games from families and likely burning them.

The Violent Video Games Return Program offers up gift certificates in exchange for violent games, music and movies turned in during an event later this month.

The collected items will then be broken and later incinerated by town employees.
well, thank god they are getting to the root of the problem!

ohbother

Post by ohbother »

PZ seems to believe that the only way to support women's rights is by swallowing his favorite flavor of regurgitated Marxism (one in which "bourgeoisie" is replaced with "patriarchy", "class bias" is replaced with "privilege blindness", etc). I have a hard time drawing a distinction between that perspective and and one held by members of a religious sect who believe it's impossible to be moral without being member of the sect.

Eucliwood

Post by Eucliwood »

codelette wrote:
Yeah. Another one that I find really idiotic is the "poor people cannot eat good healthy foodz, cause it is like...oh so difficult.." and the exploitation -by usually sheltered SWJ- of the food deserts concept. There was a report in the local paper regarding how our 'hood was finally going to overcome its food desert status and have access to fresh food (cause we are getting a grocery store a la Trader Joe's). This food "desert" actually have a grocery store that sells fresh veggies, fruits, meats and other staple products. At very good prices. It is a fucking block away from the new place.
The place is owned by Mexicans and it is the place where all the Hispanics laborers from the area do their grocery shopping.
Are you implying that healthy food is generally cheap? Just because an area has a good deal doesn't mean that healthy food is generally cheap. I have an Adult who is exercising AND eating healthy food - says that thanks to their good income, they can actually afford the healthy food. People aren't saying that for nothing... and mentioning one store that sells it (btw, do those come with pesticides?) for cheap doesn't really mean anything. It's not a coincidence that poverty can relate to bad health. If this post wasn't about poor people, you wouldn't have a problem with someone saying that healthy food is more expensive than well... stuff that isn't as healthy. I plan on getting a good job so that I can be orthorexic as I want (obsession with eating nutritiously/for good health)- something that costs money. You should try researching before automatically saying a claim is false or applying ad ridiculum to it.

Lapsang Souchong

Post by Lapsang Souchong »

Justicar/Integralmath lays into Doormatt again.

[youtube]ecMV1Xrd2m0[/youtube]

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

From the Atheism+ forums:
Can someone help me understand this?
by FenrirTheWolf » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:55 am

What is the deal with the banning of fake jewelry at events, I am not getting this.
by emptyell » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:02 am

Unless you have an actual point to make I assume this is just a lame attempt to troll. I notice you've chosen to post when no mods are online.

Q,

I assume zie is referring to the rip off Surlyramics at TAM.
by FenrirTheWolf » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:14 am

emptyell wrote:
Unless you have an actual point to make I assume this is just a lame attempt to troll. I notice you've chosen to post when no mods are online.

How the hell am I a troll, fuck man I am on hear for a day and ask why is fake jewelry not allowed at Atheist conventions just something I herd. Funny this is what a lot of people are saying happens to them asking harmless questions, and I did not know mods where not online till you told me. And I do not have a point I was asking a question, thanks for the rudeness though.
then... Fen links my old website
by Setar » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:41 am

...Justin Vacula?

Um. You'll want to find some better sources. Justin Vacula is known to engage in what can only be described as anti-feminist propaganda =/
by Cipher » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:47 am

*sighs*
Words can't express the depth of my disinterest in going to Justin Vacula's site or listening to Thunderf00t's spewing of shit. Link to something reputable (maybe to a conference's guidelines where the alleged bans are laid out) or just explain it yourselves.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

windy wrote:
Jan Steen wrote:Exactly. There is no need to replace religion with anything. It's like eradicating a virus. What does Peezus propose to replace the polio virus with? He betrays his real intentions here by not writing 'religion' but 'religious ideology'. Fuck you, Myers. You are damaging the atheist/skeptic movement by wanting to turn it into an ideology instead of a sanititation campaign.
Isn't that (the bolded) more or less what PZ used to argue... what a difference a couple of years makes.
12/2009: In PZ's rebuttal to religion claiming atheism is doomed: http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2009 ... oooooomed/; he wrote
  • …among people for whom wishful thinking is tantamount to a mathematical proof, I suppose just wanting atheism to go away is sufficient to mean it must be going away.
  • Atheism has never claimed to hold the moral high ground; that’s religion’s schtick.
  • Other tropes in this amazingly dumb article include the imminent demise of atheism. I think Darwinism and atheism must be in a race to be first to collapse, contradicted only by the fact that both seem to be growing stronger day by day.
9/2012: PZ Myers' talk "Soul of a New Atheism" in Denver: "Atheism is the radical notion that we should live our lives by the principle of reason and evidence – that is, by science." That slide is on screen from 15:08-17:22 in this video [youtube]0OYAFPlh2dc[/youtube]
during which time he is talking about scientists loving science and finding wonder in the natural world, then moves on to finding purpose, then next slide is titled "Secular Causes".

At his September 3rd 2012 post "I'm back" at FtB, he writes in wonder about how enthusiastically all the "Causes" he suggested, from science education to same-sex marriage to feminism, were endorsed - vocally - by the audience at the end of his talk. Sounds like this encouraged him that he/A+ was onto something.

1/2013, PZ's comment at #42 in his thread after having actually watched Tf00t's video:
…atheist movement ... will dribble away and become increasingly irrelevant [if we ... accept the Thunderf00t position], serving no one but an increasingly negligible fraction of white male interests. If we stand up for equality, we have a shot at replacing religious ideology in this country with something better.
In that same thread, "Esteleth, Ultra-PC Feminist Harpy Out To Destroy Secularism" writes about radical feminism (in a post much quoted and agreed-with subsequently in the thread), including several of PZ's sycophants frankly agreeing that (given Esteleth's description) they are rad fems; part of her post says:
Radical feminism posits that the patriarchal system is not a coating on society, it is in and of society, and thus, society needs to be dismantled and rebuilt from the ground up.
So, the goal for atheism, in their view, is to "replac[e] religious ideology" "in this country" (US) and/or in "society" more widely by dismantling society and rebuilding it from the ground up so (as Esteleth writes) "we can move forward, not as men and women struggling against each other, but together as a species."

Oh, yeah. That's going to go over well outside their little circle. :roll:

Eucliwood

Post by Eucliwood »

[quote="justinvacula"][/quote]

Hey justin, when having google+ hangout again?

peterb

Post by peterb »

Lsuoma wrote:
peterb wrote:@Mykeru:

I thought rule 5 was "Harden the fuck up" and rule 9 was the bad weather rule!
You fucker - I saw your avatar and the first thing I could think of was "What in the name of all that's fucked up is Setar doing here?"

Ah, that's cold.

peterb

Post by peterb »

Mykeru wrote:
peterb wrote:@Mykeru:

I thought rule 5 was "Harden the fuck up" and rule 9 was the bad weather rule!
Damn, you're good. I couldn't be bothered to look up the actual numbers:

Velominati The Rules

Former cyclocross racer. I loved those rules.

16bitheretic

Post by 16bitheretic »

another lurker wrote:Jesus fucking christ

a small community about 30 miles from the site of the Newtown massacre is organizing a voluntary video game return program, aimed at collecting violent video games from families and likely burning them.

The Violent Video Games Return Program offers up gift certificates in exchange for violent games, music and movies turned in during an event later this month.

The collected items will then be broken and later incinerated by town employees.
*bangs head on desk*

Yes, because confiscating your kids' copy of Call of Duty Black Ops will really cause them to second guess their sudden and nonchalant decision to walk into school with a Bushmaster and start a real life double XP mutliplayer free for all session.

JackRayner
Location: In the basement of the University of Minnesota Morris

Post by JackRayner »

Shit! They're even throwing music in there?! http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x17/ ... /rofl2.gif

*sigh*...people. Everytime shit like this is done, it reminds me of this video. [If you don't like rap, the first 36 seconds is free of it, and gets the whole point across.]

[spoiler][youtube]HzeZhCt5PVA[/youtube][/spoiler]

franc

Post by franc »

Skep tickle wrote:So, the goal for atheism, in their view, is to "replac[e] religious ideology" "in this country" (US) and/or in "society" more widely by dismantling society and rebuilding it from the ground up so (as Esteleth writes) "we can move forward, not as men and women struggling against each other, but together as a species."
You mean like Michelle Bachman, Paul Ryan and christian Restorationists want to do?

franc

Post by franc »

From the 'tardbook anti-A+ group -

[spoiler]http://i.imgur.com/dcyTu.jpg[/spoiler]

decius

Post by decius »

Mykeru, you broke rule 24. Cunt.

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

JackRayner wrote:

Shit! They're even throwing music in there?! http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x17/ ... /rofl2.gif

*sigh*...people. Everytime shit like this is done, it reminds me of this video. [If you don't like rap, the first 36 seconds is free of it, and gets the whole point across.]

[spoiler][youtube]HzeZhCt5PVA[/youtube][/spoiler]
Ice Cube is a member of an oppressed minority. But, he has bitches.

I think I just heard the sound of every SJW's skull imploding at once.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

News Flash:

Michael Nugent didn't hear quotes, so therefore they weren't there:

Publisher of video flagged for bullying admits Melody Hensley has been harassed and bullied

Wow, I really hate this pedantic prick.

JackRayner
Location: In the basement of the University of Minnesota Morris

Post by JackRayner »

Mykeru wrote:News Flash:

Michael Nugent didn't hear quotes, so therefore they weren't there:

Publisher of video flagged for bullying admits Melody Hensley has been harassed and bullied

Wow, I really hate this pedantic prick.
Whatta cunt.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

decius wrote:Mykeru, you broke rule 24. Cunt.
Your mileage may vary.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

welch wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:
welch wrote: I share too much of a name with Jack Welch formerly of GE, and some others. Also, 7+ years in the AF, that's just how I always write my name.
Yeah. I did a quick google search for your book on ipads and business, and the returns were all of Jack and/or Raquel.
Yep. The C. is helpful for that reason. Also, "bynkii" is a good search term for me.
Speaking of your monicker, you might find it interesting if not amusing that Raging Bee over on Brayton’s blog sent you a charming little love note, if of the head-desk variety … your fame precedes you ….

Reap

Post by Reap »

Heres my reply to PZ, the poor little dimwitted fella
http://reapsowradio.com/graphics/freeth ... turepz.png

And here's a link to the latest ReapSowRadio podcast in case you were in need of entertainment
http://www.reapsowradio.com/?p=31316

Also I recorded an hour with Russell Blackford for The Angry Atheist podcast this evening so that will be up in a day or two...god willing and the creek don't rise...or something

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

Skep tickle wrote:
So, the goal for atheism, in their view, is to "replac[e] religious ideology" "in this country" (US) and/or in "society" more widely by dismantling society and rebuilding it from the ground up so (as Esteleth writes) "we can move forward, not as men and women struggling against each other, but together as a species."

Most of the Pharyngula commentariat wouldn't survive the routine dismantling of an 8-cup coffee press, much less the rebuilding of society from the ground up.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

New video I uploaded which was inspired, I think, by Michael Nugent's recent blog post:

"Atheism plus forum member meets fundamentalist preacher"

[youtube]oWMdKaxrkJw[/youtube]

Lurkion

Post by Lurkion »

papillon wrote:Becky on Al Jazeera (Via Google +) talking about women being silenced online
Same old, same old; however, you could be forgiven for thinking you heard the presenter announce: @0:08sec
"Let's go over to Rebecca, she has a cunt for us" :o

[youtube]LM5ukFayL-w[/youtube]
WHAAAAT.

How are the banner-blockers the ones who are being silenced?

Arrrrrgh. Cognitive dissonance.

Self-parody is fucking amazing. This is some meta shit.

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

rocko2466 wrote:
papillon wrote:Becky on Al Jazeera (Via Google +) talking about women being silenced online
Same old, same old; however, you could be forgiven for thinking you heard the presenter announce: @0:08sec

*video snipped*
WHAAAAT.

That video really grates on my nerves. >.< Voices, Spaces, Spheres...how much meaningless fucking jargon are they going to invent?

Anon

Post by Anon »

[spoiler]
Metalogic42 wrote:
rocko2466 wrote:

*video snipped*
WHAAAAT.

That video really grates on my nerves. >.< Voices, Spaces, Spheres...how much meaningless fucking jargon are they going to invent?
[/spoiler]

I don't know but im gonna be on the cis side of all of them.

Also, im sure that this has been answered, but what'sp up with the weird questions? They do make me giggle though :lol:

Lurkion

Post by Lurkion »

Pitchguest wrote:Goddamnit, Michael Nugent is so full of shit.
Yeah, I don't think Nugent's on the level on this one.

I posted on it calling him out.

I'm being polite though. I might as well keep trying with being polite lol.

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

Anon wrote: I don't know but im gonna be on the cis side of all of them.

Also, im sure that this has been answered, but what'sp up with the weird questions? They do make me giggle though :lol:
Weird questions come from weird people.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Steersman wrote: Speaking of your monicker, you might find it interesting if not amusing that Raging Bee over on Brayton’s blog sent you a charming little love note, if of the head-desk variety … your fame precedes you ….
Fucke me sidways with a wooden spoon!

Welsh is a MRA? Better watch out Steers "banned from AVfM for being a radfem" man lest you too be tarred with the same brush! Teh stupid it burns!!

Now I am once again backing like a dog. LMAO. These people ... tummy and ribs hurtin bad.

Lurkion

Post by Lurkion »

Oh and for people who were worried - I don't think RW got on Al Jazeera because of credibility, I think she got there because she signed up at the right time and was a person who had a vetted question.

They didn't refer to her as RW from Skepchick they said "Rebecca" has a question.

I got asked to do a similar question for Good Morning America in their finance segment because I was walking around the Rockefeller Centre (with two cameras and NY jumper).

Anon

Post by Anon »

Sorry just checked my last post. By weird questions I meant the ones you have to answer instead of the captcha

Lurkion

Post by Lurkion »

I commented again on Nugent's post. I wonder what he'll say.

Hi Michael

I’ve mosied over to WB’s twitter feed and she’s saying she didn’t admit that it was harassment and that, consistent with my hypothesis, that was not the intended interpretation (i.e. quote marks were intended to be read in around harassment and bullying).

So we’re in the position of saying:

1. that part of the video was at the very worst ambiguous, with a more plausible alternative interpretation that I have offered;
2. that part of the video was taken out of context of the rest of the video where harassment was denied; and
3. the speaker has disavowed the interpretation that you support.

Will you be issuing a retraction or clarification of this article?

Sulaco

Post by Sulaco »

BarnOwl wrote:
Skep tickle wrote:

Most of the Pharyngula commentariat wouldn't survive the routine dismantling of an 8-cup coffee press, much less the rebuilding of society from the ground up.
Most of them would have problems making instant coffee. The word coffee would send some to the fainting couch. Others would complain that having coffee was privileged or some shit. While still others would demand a 50/50 male/female bean ratio. Which in turn would lead to debates about using mutated coffee beans that are both male and female. And on and on and on it would go.

Pity the poor bastard who makes and drink coffee though.

aweraw

Post by aweraw »

Anyone here insterested in establishing a reddit presence for the slymepit? I've got 2 subreddits, both of which I think are relevent to the slymepit's interest:

1) r/Slymepit - what more needs to be said; it's the slymepit outpost on reddit

2) r/SaysRedditShit - another counter subreddit to the crazy SJW, radfem, fuck-knuckle cunts in r/shitredditsays, who for anyone unfamiliar with reddit are similar to the FtB commentariat, except possibly crazier.

Both are unused as of this comment.

Relatedly, who here has heard of Laurelai and RobotAnna? If you have not, you're in a fortunate position. I half expect that when/if they get wind of this place will bring their unique brand of discombobulatory idiocy for us all to witness.

franc

Post by franc »

rocko2466 wrote:I commented again on Nugent's post. I wonder what he'll say.

Hi Michael

I’ve mosied over to WB’s twitter feed and she’s saying she didn’t admit that it was harassment and that, consistent with my hypothesis, that was not the intended interpretation (i.e. quote marks were intended to be read in around harassment and bullying).

So we’re in the position of saying:

1. that part of the video was at the very worst ambiguous, with a more plausible alternative interpretation that I have offered;
2. that part of the video was taken out of context of the rest of the video where harassment was denied; and
3. the speaker has disavowed the interpretation that you support.

Will you be issuing a retraction or clarification of this article?
You can't be serious. If there is one thing that has been painted in black and white, this Nugent clown is as corrupt as any of the alpha baboons at FTB and reality is putty to be molded to suit whatever purpose is desired. If I was an atheist in Ireland, I would be extremely dissatisfied with him representing my voice. To repost exactly how in cahoots this slug is with Hensley -

[spoiler]http://i.imgur.com/C5WJZ.jpg[/spoiler]

It's like this loser was seeking mistresses' approval prior to voicing an opinion.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Steersman wrote: Speaking of your monicker, you might find it interesting if not amusing that Raging Bee over on Brayton’s blog sent you a charming little love note, if of the head-desk variety … your fame precedes you ….
Fucke me sidways with a wooden spoon!

Welsh is a MRA? Better watch out Steers "banned from AVfM for being a radfem" man lest you too be tarred with the same brush! Teh stupid it burns!!

Now I am once again backing like a dog. LMAO. These people ... tummy and ribs hurtin bad.
Incredible, isn’t it? One has to shake one’s head in wonder over what type of thought processes, if any, happen in minds of people like that. Reminds me of those kids cartoons of Rube Goldberg contraptions – there are some causes and effects happening but utility and correlations with reality are highly questionable ….

Lurkion

Post by Lurkion »

franc wrote:
You can't be serious. If there is one thing that has been painted in black and white, this Nugent clown is as corrupt as any of the alpha baboons at FTB and reality is putty to be molded to suit whatever purpose is desired. If I was an atheist in Ireland, I would be extremely dissatisfied with him representing my voice. To repost exactly how in cahoots this slug is with Hensley -

[spoiler]http://i.imgur.com/C5WJZ.jpg[/spoiler]

It's like this loser was seeking mistresses' approval prior to voicing an opinion.
Oh I agree.

I'm just approaching it from being the voice of pure reason - without any righteous annoyance - so those people who are just gobbling up these tales of harassment (etc) start thinking might be persuaded that something's up.

Sometimes people just look at the annoyance and go "Look, there are the harassers up in arms and swearing again!" and don't read the content.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Hehe, it's lovely to see even you, Steersman, shed that shell of politeness a little and call Raging Bee a stupid twit. That was wonderful. Thanks.