Periodic Table of Swearing

Old subthreads
Eucliwood

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Post by Eucliwood »

franc wrote:
Eucliwood wrote:Whoa, she made a joke like that and they didn't say anything? Didn't know that. Was waiting to catch something like that!
[...]
Let's be women together.
[...]
I looove those images.
Or - yap, yap and yap. Content nil. Slapping the keyboard probably before even the first cup of coffee of the day.

Into the bin you go. Keep Steersman company.

Umm, how come when I comment on an awesome video, image, or some outrageous bullshit, it's "contentless" but when others do its a logical nod in agreement or disagreement? Now I know what "contentless" means. At this point, its just your opinion that what I have to say is of no substance.

lurktard

Post by lurktard »

Steersman, on the "Schrödinger's spermburglar" thing. That's also what came to my mind at first. But I dropped that thought quickly.

Two lines of simple facts:
Rapes do happen and a potential victim cannot know for sure if someone is a rapist.
Spermburglary does happen and a potential victim cannot know for sure if someone is a spermburglar.

But that's where the analogy ends.
"Schrödinger's rapist" is crap, because it tries to tell men how to behave for the sake of (some) women's safety feelings - not women's actual safety. Its message is decidedly not "don't rape!" because it adresses the already non-rapey part of male population. It makes outlandish demands. It's an excuse piece on why it's supposedly ok for all women to act like dicks towards all men, but supposedly not ok for any man to act like a dick towards any woman. (And that reason is, of course, "patriarchy", "rape culture", "male privilege".)

A man warning other men to take care of their own sperm is doing nothing even remotely compareable. It's just good advice to take care of one's very own interest, without even really affecting other people or their behaviour.

Allso mad props (yo!) to cunt, Rystefn and Phil for shouting out baboon behaviour towards Eurothingie. Admin Lsuoma - the "FNG" on Abbie's old place - ignoring that user and than spouting off about abusive PMs without knowing anything was like a true A+ forums moment, like the one most recently discussed here.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

UnbelieveSteve wrote: I've read all 788 pages so i'm up to speed. Thanks for asking.
Since it's December 30th, I feel quite comfortable awarding you this -

http://i.imgur.com/XXmgL.jpg

franc

Post by franc »

WoolyBumblebee wrote:About Joé McKen (Bio I found on-line). He does not hide himself at all on-line. :doh:

"My name is Joé McKen [...]

Welp, that explains a lot...
Jesus. The loser even has his own "dungeon" -

http://preliatorcausa.blogspot.com/p/the-dungeon.html

http://zipmeme.com/uploads/generated/g1 ... 775175.jpg

lurktard

Post by lurktard »

"Eurothingie" was supposed to be "Eucliwood".

I demand an Edit button! Do you get it? "Edit button" hahaha Did you get it?

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
Gumby wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
Gumby wrote: Really, A+ will go down as the biggest failure of Jen McCreight's life. So far.
Well, we still don't know for sure whether the homeless guy actually managed t crack a fat for her, do we?
I think the funniest line I ever heard here on the Pit was from someone who said that the guy wasn't wanking, he was just rooting for a sugar cube.
*takes a bow* I'll claim the credit for that!

UnbelieveSteve

Post by UnbelieveSteve »

Gumby wrote:
UnbelieveSteve wrote: I've read all 788 pages so i'm up to speed. Thanks for asking.
Since it's December 30th, I feel quite comfortable awarding you this -

http://i.imgur.com/XXmgL.jpg
Oh noes, this is quite embarrassing. I didn't prepare a speech, so i'll try to include everyone who made this moment possible.
I'd like to thank God, my mum........ oh, and God. Thank you Jesus.
Tissues? I'm overwhelmed with joy.

So it's official. I have officially received and official award from the pit.
How fecking good am i? :dance:

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Skep tickle wrote: I started by searching "can't lurk", decided that Eucliwood's A+ nym is "Robitussin". The style & tone are very similar to Eucliwood's here, as was the reaction of the natives to her posts. Here are the times "Robitussin" is used within posts: http://atheismplus.com/forums/search.ph ... Robitussin (I can't search for posts by member name, having been banned an' all).

*rest snipped so as not to piss off Franc "Me Too!" Hoggle)
Ugh. Sounds like someone has behaved the same ridiculous way in both forums, has been chastised for pretty much the same moronic things in both forums, and still isn't taking the fucking hint. Either pure troll, or lead-density bumblefuck stupid. Glad to see I didn't miss anything by throwing the useless fuck in the "ignore" bin.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

franc wrote:
WoolyBumblebee wrote:About Joé McKen (Bio I found on-line). He does not hide himself at all on-line. :doh:

He's 17 for fuck sake, someone smack him up the back of the head an tell him to go to his room.

Yes i am being ageist. Being young does make the probability of you being an egocentric dumb fuck extremely high.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

UnbelieveSteve wrote: Oh noes, this is quite embarrassing. I didn't prepare a speech, so i'll try to include everyone who made this moment possible.
I'd like to thank God, my mum........ oh, and God. Thank you Jesus.
Tissues? I'm overwhelmed with joy.

So it's official. I have officially received and official award from the pit.
How fecking good am i? :dance:
That's the spirit!

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

sacha wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:
Eucliwood wrote:GUYS. THERE'S LIKE SO MANY POSTS HERE A DAY... ANYONE WANT TO SET UP AN IRC (OR SOME OTHER SORT OF CHAT THING) WE CAN ALSO TALK AT? SO MANY POSTS ARE SKIPPED. AND IRC IS FUN. AND YOU DONT HAVE TO REGISTER THE CHANNEL.
You're new here. Yes, there are many posts. We like them. If you wish to voice chat, about once or twice a week there's an open invitation to everyone here to join podcasts and skype conversations. I doubt anyone here wants to reduce the post numbers here and play with old IRCs. Get to know us before suggesting major changes. You may have nearly a hundred posts, but you're still the new guy, the one who showed up only yesterday.
hahahaha! He should be glad it was you who responded.
Claims to be a she. I don't know why, but I picture her speaking in Watson's voice. It must be because she starts with "GUYS. THERE'S LIKE..."

decius

Post by decius »

AndrewV69 wrote:

Personally, and no offense meant, I make the minimum effort in getting the likes of you to sign up. What I will do is provide information. The rest is up to you (IOW, your problem, not mine), and if you fail to agree, then no hard feelings on my part either.

I will however, listen to what you have to say. Surprise! I may even agree with you on some things.

Andrew, I appreciate that, but it isn't going to happen for a host of reasons.

Chiefly, the demographics to which I happen to belong to don't define me as a person. I'm as likely as to join in as I am to serenade your sister with a mandolin, or serve you a pizza, or tattoo my hometown football team's coat of arms on my forehead.
Accidents of birth are vastly unimportant to me, in general.
That is not to say that I'm immune to the forces of biology and sexual attraction. In fact, I'm naturally drawn to women. whose company I prefer in most social settings and not just for mating purposes.

Why would I embrace a philosophy of life which essentially fosters divisiveness between sexes and thrives on bitter recriminations?
It's simply not my thing.

None of the above prevents me from joining forces with some of you in the current struggle against the hijacking of the skeptical movement by rabid feminists, though, just like I would work in a coalition with religious folks to actively promote secularism.

I'd even gladly establish a personal friendship with the more rational and upright individual MRAs - people such as yourself and Mykeru - but that's the extent of my availability.

Thanks for asking, though.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Mykeru, a while back you posted a Red Meat comic. Now I know why your avatar looks so familiar. It's a mix of Bug-eyed Earl and his cowskull necktie thingy. I thought those comics stopped a few years ago, but I see there are new ones now. Yay! :D

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:I haven't finished reading everything (I'm back at page 786), but what's with (most) everyone getting on Eucliwood's ass? She wasn't doing so bad as a first poster on a forum with no edit function.

I really wouldn't like to witness a Pit pile-up for no reason.
It was the way she started off with her sigs yelling in bold caps at us to lessen the number of posts and demanding we send some of our conversations to IRC. Then she briefly changed the sig to pull a poor me mental health thing, saying that people give her a flight or fight reaction but she refuses to take beta blockers cuz it's physical not mental.

Then she proceeded to be very needy and demanding, while still trying to tell others what to do (like demanding repeatedly for an edit button, use proper commas, getting starstruck over ikonographer being a youtuber and demanding an autograph or email exchange, etc). She also did some sort of star-struck demand that Tf00t help her with who the fuck knows what, and that he owed her that for leaving a nice comment. Also, she added about three pages of posts that either said nothing or complained about us.

I guess you can say she annoyed a lot of people.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Michael K Gray wrote:I need a Eucliwoody because
Xi don't knead feminizm.

Greetings from Robe, SA.
Crappy Gnu Jeer to ya all!

(Esp Franc-n-Sacha-n-Victor's Ghost.)
Welcome back!

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

franc wrote:

He got all excited on Twitter yesterday when PZ followed him.

http://www.thepoisonforest.com/wp-conte ... 799191.jpg

decius

Post by decius »

AndrewV69 wrote: (I know some other MRAs do not appreciate my sense of humor, and one day they are going to come for me about it, but fuck that noize, I like to think I have no sacred cows).
Good attitude.

dougal445

Post by dougal445 »

Hello all! Slymepitters great & low.
Aware of the annoyance created by some newcomers here i shall <edit - try > keep this brief.
1st thankyou Lsuoma for correcting my incompetence.
I was pleased to discover FTB several months ago as an orgqnised collective that voiced many of my views, however became increasingly uncomfortable with what i saw going on. Thunderf00t then Richard Carrier / A+ was the last straw. I will not give them my ad views now.
The latest from thunder seems to have some momentum (wishfull thinking perhaps) really interested to see what comes of it. Hopefully something will break.
Everybody here have played a great part in countering the menace that is FTB etc (although i may disagree with some tactics, tho I suppose it takes a multi pronged approach) keep up the good work.

aweraw

Post by aweraw »

My god it's a challenge to keep up these days...

With the A+ forum backup idea, do you reckon just mirroring with wget would suffice?

I'll start it now (now that I've finally caught up with the comment and it's now in the AM), and it should be finished by the time I wake up. Anyone who wants a copy, let me know...

franc

Post by franc »

Za-zen wrote:
franc wrote:

He's 17 for fuck sake, someone smack him up the back of the head an tell him to go to his room.

Yes i am being ageist. Being young does make the probability of you being an egocentric dumb fuck extremely high.
Says born '91.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Welcome, dougal445! Jump right in and join the mayhem.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

aweraw wrote:My god it's a challenge to keep up these days...

With the A+ forum backup idea, do you reckon just mirroring with wget would suffice?

I'll start it now (now that I've finally caught up with the comment and it's now in the AM), and it should be finished by the time I wake up. Anyone who wants a copy, let me know...
Thanks for giving it a go aweraw. I had plans to see if my technologically challenged brain cells could figure it out but I hope it works for you.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Thanks for the math.

Apologies for accusing him of being a 17 year old dumbfuck. He is now a 21 year old dumbfuck. My posit that age is a contributing factor to his dumbfuckery is more tenuous.

SkepticalCat

Post by SkepticalCat »

Eucliwood

Post by Eucliwood »

Whoa, okay... I hate this Joe guys A+ logo, but he's almost got me in tears of joy with the second post of his I read. I'll be very disappointed if I find any femtheist posts in there...

But so far this guy is pretty okay. I wouldn't mind being in the same room with him. Maybe he's one of the "innocent" A+-aligned people??

Al Stefanelli

Post by Al Stefanelli »

UnbelieveSteve wrote::angry-tappingfoot: Right'o people.
My previous lurking account imploded when i changed some settings :violin: , shortly before i spat at the monitor and punched the neighbour's cat just for laughs.
So here i am. New and improved.

I've read all 788 pages so i'm up to speed. Thanks for asking.

So, consider this my first post to the pit and a big hello.
A good chunk of you nutbags i know on twitter, so to those people i will politely give the middle finger and say "g'day".

Okay. nuff said.
Heya, Steve! Welcome to the pit!

franc

Post by franc »

Gumby wrote:Welcome, dougal445! Jump right in and join the mayhem.
Likewise welcome. Don't be put off by the Eucliwood kerfuffle. Extraordinary dimwits evoke extraordinary responses. That thing is pretty much one of a kind.

AbsurdWalls

Post by AbsurdWalls »

Eucliwood wrote:Whoa, okay... I hate this Joe guys A+ logo, but he's almost got me in tears of joy with the second post of his I read. I'll be very disappointed if I find any femtheist posts in there...

But so far this guy is pretty okay. I wouldn't mind being in the same room with him. Maybe he's one of the "innocent" A+-aligned people??
I'm pretty sure he has a bog post defending Penny Arcade.

He is not going to fit in.

Al Stefanelli

Post by Al Stefanelli »

dougal445 wrote:Hello all! Slymepitters great & low.
Aware of the annoyance created by some newcomers here i shall <edit - try > keep this brief.
1st thankyou Lsuoma for correcting my incompetence.
I was pleased to discover FTB several months ago as an orgqnised collective that voiced many of my views, however became increasingly uncomfortable with what i saw going on. Thunderf00t then Richard Carrier / A+ was the last straw. I will not give them my ad views now.
The latest from thunder seems to have some momentum (wishfull thinking perhaps) really interested to see what comes of it. Hopefully something will break.
Everybody here have played a great part in countering the menace that is FTB etc (although i may disagree with some tactics, tho I suppose it takes a multi pronged approach) keep up the good work.
Welcome to the pit, Dougal!

Eucliwood

Post by Eucliwood »

SkepticalCat wrote:
franc wrote:

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/ ... 631882.jpg
HAHAHAHAHA.... gold..

No, Joe, you can't has girlfriend, you can't ever has girlfriend. The femtheists don't count as girlfriends. If you ever date them, they're just Keepers or Mistresses.If you ever marry one, (Sick! Unforgiveable!)the marriage just won't count.

Because I've made marriages to femtheists invalid and void. Ms. Myers marriage to PZ Myers is void, for example. I do not consider her married to anyone, so she's MS. Myers. I also do not consider PZ to have a wife. He simply has one unlucky lass living with him (do they live together?).

I also want to revoke PZ Myers scientist status.

decius

Post by decius »

JackRayner wrote:
decius wrote:
JackRayner wrote: I used to ignore this shit, but I can see why Astro, James, and Andrew go off sometimes. This claim is pretty much bullshit.

Feel free to show otherwise.
To show what, that the MRAs' do propaganda, here? And you ask that in a post that mentions ASTRO? ROTFL
Fire away with examples of bullshit dissemination whenever you're ready. :whistle:
Jack, I don't have the time or the inclination to engage in serious refutation of the MRA package, or even of a tenth of the bullshit that has been said here.
However, I will gladly mention a couple of things, hoping that fence-sitters will do their own fact-checking and see for themselves why it isn't worth to follow you down that road.

First of all, propaganda and bullshit dissemination aren't perfect synonymous.
Propaganda is a form of communication that is aimed at influencing the attitude of a community toward some cause or position by presenting only one side of an argument. Propaganda is usually repeated and dispersed over a wide variety of media in order to create the chosen result in audience attitudes.

As opposed to impartially providing information, propaganda, in its most basic sense, presents information primarily to influence an audience. Propaganda often presents facts selectively (thus possibly lying by omission) to encourage a particular synthesis, or uses loaded messages to produce an emotional rather than rational response to the information presented. The desired result is a change of the attitude toward the subject in the target audience to further a political agenda. Propaganda can be used as a form of political warfare.
In the light of the above, consider that Andrew has just openly admitted to a personal recruitment campaign.

Astro, a few pages back, was celebrity-mongering on account of Chaplin's alleged involvement with the MRA. This by itself is as impressive a move as promoting Scientology through Cruise's membership and constitutes a typical propaganda tactic. Chaplin and Cruise are actors, not public intellectuals, so who the fuck cares what they think.

At the same time, we were being loudly assured that MRA really stands for egalitarianism. Does it?

I went to check Chaplin's actual involvement. Apparently he sent a message of support to an MRA group, whose leader claimed that Chaplin was scheduled to speak at one of their meetings. This was reported on a newspaper, but I couldn't find any evidence that he ever showed up, though.
Let's assume he did all these things, of which Astro is clearly very proud.

And here is what that MRA group stood for, in their own words:
“Charlie Chaplin is one of our most ardent supporters abroad” Herr Kornblueh declared, “and since his divorce, he has written to us assuring our organization of his sympathy and emphasizing the necessity of a world wide movement for the emancipation of the oppressed husbands.

“The tyranny of modern women, who demand all rights and refuse all duties, who are marrying men only to lead a careless, workless and childless life, or to obtain a divorce and a lifelong alimony, this shameful tyranny is the underlying cause of all evils.

“Look at the insane asylum Steinhof in Vienna. Fifty percent of the unfortunate inmates were brought to this place because of their marriage.’’

The congress passed a resolution demanding the abolishment of alimonies find other unequal pacts between the two sexes, and protesting against the favoritism of the authorities in favor of women, especially the siding of the police with the wives whenever a domestic quarrel develops.

The Justitia is the first organization in the world fighting for the “emancipation of men,” and makes its appeal to all those “in revolt against the oppression of the female sex.” Only the freedom of men can prevent the white race from decline and ruin, declares one of the organizations proclamations.

“The only trouble is,” confessed Kornblueh, “there are few courageous men. Husbands are too cowardly, while bachelors are perhaps too willing to join our organization.”
Some egalitarians, there.

Cunning Punt

Post by Cunning Punt »

CommanderTuvok wrote:Joe McKen:
As some of you may be aware (and not just because I mentioned it in last night’s Daily Blend), atheist journalist/activist Al Stefanelli recently made a video wherein he launched a veritable Gish Gallop’s worth of attacks and smears against several writers involved with Freethought Blogs (where he briefly resided)............. I was content to link to Ed Brayton’s excellent debunking and leave it at that (I found his comparison to the rhetoric from religious-Right cranks particularly fitting).
Joe is obviously using the Baboon definition of "debunking", the same "debunking" that Black Svan and PZ came up to counter Ed Clint's critique of Queen Bee's anti-evo psych talk. :lol:

What a fucking clown Joe McKen is.
Oh boy, he also uses "wherein" as well as "nary". Pretentious twat. Death's too good for him*.

(*Note: this is a joke.)

franc

Post by franc »

decius wrote:Jack, I don't have the time or the inclination to engage in serious refutation of the MRA package, or even of a tenth of the bullshit that has been said here.
Sorry, but this is kinda obligatory -

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2 ... 056349.jpg

Al Stefanelli

Post by Al Stefanelli »

"My name is Joé McKen, though I'm usually known around the Web as Bumdark. I was born on December 29, 1991, in the heart of frigid Québec, Canada (meaning I'm currently 17 years old). I've moved a considerable amount of times already (over 14 at last count), ranging from Québec to Texas ('96–'01). I don't suppose my heart ever really left the Lone Star State, considering what a shithole this place is here ... but I digress. I'm currently out of High School and am slowly but surely pursuing my nascent music composition career. (And you may stress "slowly".) I basically live alone by myself in my room most of my days, but that's out of choice, not necessity – general people irk me. I don't trust strangers for crap. But I suppose my double-jackpot of mild Asperger's and mild Tourette's may count for that in some way or another. =( (Seriously, two rare neurological disorders at once ... someone up there doesn't like me, do they?) And so, deprived of any creative outlets, I originally created this blog to post my random thoughts and opinions on anything and anything that interests me, from current events to debates and social issues, to whatever. If anything, this blog is more of a personal journal than an actual web log in itself, so that one day perhaps I can look back and see how far I've come (if I've evolved). And so dear readers, I hope you'll forgive me if you find me to be particularly abrasive or trenchant in my posts, and especially my replies to people who just reek of stupidity or intolerable close-mindedness. My "defiance" is only as "respectful" as my patience and/or current mood allows me to be. ;) (Emotions are overrated.) You can check out my profile at IMDb.com for some "Top-10"-style favorites lists concerning various media and topics, and to check out my history there. Or whatever you feel like doing."

Only TWO neurological disorders? TWO?? Fucker needs to check his privilege...

Spence

Post by Spence »

Al Stefanelli wrote:Only TWO neurological disorders? TWO?? Fucker needs to check his privilege...
He also describes mild Aspergers as "rare". Hmm. Not so rare, in fact, and even less rare when it occurs as part of self-diagnosed narcissistic victimhood (which I don't know is the case for sure, but I would take good odds on in this instance)

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Eucliwood wrote:Because I've made marriages to femtheists invalid and void. Ms. Myers marriage to PZ Myers is void, for example. I do not consider her married to anyone, so she's MS. Myers. I also do not consider PZ to have a wife. He simply has one unlucky lass living with him (do they live together?).

I also want to revoke PZ Myers scientist status.
You don't get to revoke or invalidate anyone's marital status or job status. Who the fuck do you think you are? Maybe you are just trying too hard to fit in here, and you think that if you say anything against Myers, we'll all embrace you as our new best friend.

dougal445

Post by dougal445 »

Thankyou Al' I hope more like you, especialy Aron, nonstamp and zomg, speak out from the other place.
Thankyou Gumby, nice hat.did you steal it from Al'?
Thankyou franc. It seems A+ are after some new mods, judging by your takedown of Eucliwood, i reckon you are exactly what they are looking for to handle some of their more fragile snowflakes.
I hope i havn't left anybody out?
Now in a continued demonstration of my incompetence i have xmas pressies to buy (dont ask).

dougal445

Post by dougal445 »

Thankyou Al' I hope more like you, especialy Aron, nonstamp and zomg, speak out from the other place.
Thankyou Gumby, nice hat.did you steal it from Al'?
Thankyou franc. It seems A+ are after some new mods, judging by your takedown of Eucliwood, i reckon you are exactly what they are looking for to handle some of their more fragile snowflakes.
I hope i havn't left anybody out?
Now in a continued demonstration of my incompetence i have xmas pressies to buy (dont ask).

decius

Post by decius »

Oh, Jack, I almost forgot.

A few months ago you made a variety of claims about the likelihood for an innocent man of being tried and convicted of rape.

I did check also that. All stats indicate the opposite being true. In most western democracies, the majority of reports don't even make it to court; police and prosecutors are well aware of the likelihood of false accusation and alleged rape victims are thoroughly investigated; conviction rate for rape are on average lower than for other violent crimes.

It is true that in past decades, it was more difficult for rape victim to obtain justice. Corrective steps have been taken and this has led to an increased number of wrongful convictions. But the large picture is not the one painted by the MRA, and by you in particular.

But by omitting to present the wider picture and offering only your skewed view, you have in fact engaged in another propaganda tactic, which is the creation of moral panic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moral_panic

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

dougal445 wrote: Thankyou Gumby, nice hat.did you steal it from Al'?
No, but I put it there as a tribute to Al when he arrived here in all his glory fresh from his stay at FreethoughtBlogs.

Now Mykeru, he's a low-down dirty rotten fucking thief.

http://i.imgur.com/RPgwe.jpg

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

http://i.imgur.com/CV1OP.jpg

Here, let me fix that for you, Jen...

http://i.imgur.com/DRwt5.jpg

What a difference one pixel makes.

welch

Post by welch »

F X wrote:There are some sick fucking people using this forum.
Jo-ay, does your mom know you're here ?

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Gumby wrote:
dougal445 wrote: Thankyou Gumby, nice hat.did you steal it from Al'?
No, but I put it there as a tribute to Al when he arrived here in all his glory fresh from his stay at FreethoughtBlogs.

Now Mykeru, he's a low-down dirty rotten fucking thief.

http://i.imgur.com/RPgwe.jpg
They're styling, and probably racist. Everyone should have one:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8494/8325 ... cbac_o.jpg

JackRayner
Location: In the basement of the University of Minnesota Morris

Post by JackRayner »

decius wrote:
JackRayner wrote:
decius wrote:
JackRayner wrote: I used to ignore this shit, but I can see why Astro, James, and Andrew go off sometimes. This claim is pretty much bullshit.

Feel free to show otherwise.
To show what, that the MRAs' do propaganda, here? And you ask that in a post that mentions ASTRO? ROTFL
Fire away with examples of bullshit dissemination whenever you're ready. :whistle:
Jack, I don't have the time or the inclination to engage in serious refutation of the MRA package, or even of a tenth of the bullshit that has been said here.
You made the assertion. Excuse me for asking for examples. :roll:
However, I will gladly mention a couple of things, hoping that fence-sitters will do their own fact-checking and see for themselves why it isn't worth to follow you down that road.

First of all, propaganda and bullshit dissemination aren't perfect synonymous.
Propaganda is a form of communication that is aimed at influencing the attitude of a community toward some cause or position by presenting only one side of an argument. Propaganda is usually repeated and dispersed over a wide variety of media in order to create the chosen result in audience attitudes.

As opposed to impartially providing information, propaganda, in its most basic sense, presents information primarily to influence an audience. Propaganda often presents facts selectively (thus possibly lying by omission) to encourage a particular synthesis, or uses loaded messages to produce an emotional rather than rational response to the information presented. The desired result is a change of the attitude toward the subject in the target audience to further a political agenda. Propaganda can be used as a form of political warfare.
In the light of the above, consider that Andrew has just openly admitted to a personal recruitment campaign.
You mean where he essentially said he doesn't give a fuck? Talking about something and leaving it up to people to look for more sure does sound like a winning recruiting strategy! If Andrew was a Marine Corps recruiter and he took that as his strategy, he would be getting his ass kicked by every superior up the chain of command. :lol: Are you a dumbass, or do you just play one on the internet?
Astro, a few pages back, was celebrity-mongering on account of Chaplin's alleged involvement with the MRA.
You mean when he brought him up following a statement about the MRM's long history? Who knows. Maybe it really is all about perspective. I read it and thought "Really? Chaplin? Hm. Weird..." You read it and thought....well. There it is quoted above and below. *Insert arm-chair psychology diagnosing of your mental issues, for entertainment purposes only, of course* :whistle:
This by itself is as impressive a move as promoting Scientology through Cruise's membership and constitutes a typical propaganda tactic. Chaplin and Cruise are actors, not public intellectuals, so who the fuck cares what they think.

At the same time, we were being loudly assured that MRA really stands for egalitarianism. Does it?
No, we were not. I saw a few Pitters claiming they were both. Personally, I don't identify as egalitarian because there is some ambiguity about how it is actually defined.
I went to check Chaplin's actual involvement.
Good for you. Just like I told somedumbguy about AVfM, I don't take marching orders from anyone. Got any urge for it out of my system while playing Marine several years back. I really don't give a fuck about what celebrity is or isn't involved in whatever I'm interested in. If they have some idea I like, I will take it and I will use it. I might even reference their name if they are well known and it makes it easy to understand where I sand on a particular issue.This does not bind me to every single thing they've ever said or done. If I reference Hitch when speaking about free speech, it doesn't bind me to every other fucking thing he's ever said about every other subject. If you want to pretend it does, be my guest while I laugh at you.

Chaplin, who was apparently an MRA, said some things you disapprove of? Go call mom and tell her all about.

Gosh! You're so cute! :)

welch

Post by welch »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:How do you punish a blind kid?

Move the furniture.
Put them in a room with stucco walls.

Put them in a round room and tell them the toilet's in the corner

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

Skep tickle wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:An update on my guy (ignore if you could not give a shit :)) - surgery has been scheduled for January 25th. I really love how they freak us out then we get to wait nearly 2 months before finding out more. Anyway, he's going to have the 3-4 cm lump on the side of his neck removed and looked at immediately for malignancy. I'm not completely certain but I believe based on this, they'll then put a camera down the back of his throat to look at an "anomaly". He's been told he will be in the hospital for 2-3 days and he's already attempting to buck that. I told him I would tell the nurses and doctors on him if he didn't comply. He's not happy about that.

Anyway, back to your regularly scheduled mayhem!
Renee, thanks for the update. That's a while to wait - how nerve-wracking!

Has he had a CT scan of his neck? And do you know how this "anomaly" in the back of his throat was found, and anything more about it?
Yes, he had a CT scan done a few weeks back. He had an allergic reaction to the contrast and had to have atropine injected - fun stuff. Anyway, they saw the anomaly at the back of the throat then. They've no clue what it is. So, they'll be checking it out at the end of next month.

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Renée: all the best for your guy. Fingers crossed and all...

papillon

Post by papillon »

Gumby wrote:http://i.imgur.com/CV1OP.jpg

Here, let me fix that for you, Jen...

http://i.imgur.com/DRwt5.jpg

What a difference one pixel makes.
:) lol - She's on that racist kick again
http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu11 ... a9d0f6.jpg

JackRayner

Post by JackRayner »

decius wrote:Oh, Jack, I almost forgot.

A few months ago you made a variety of claims about the likelihood for an innocent man of being tried and convicted of rape.
Care to quote me on any of those? Your statement here is extremely vague, possibly purposely so.
I did check also that. All stats indicate the opposite being true.
Please show some fucking courtesy and first show what it is that you are supposedly refuting. I'd like to know what in specific you're talking about that I reportedly said. I'll bother reading the rest of this and responding when you do. Thanks in advance! ;)

decius

Post by decius »

Jack, from your incoherent word salad, the only relevant piece of information is that you are not an egalitarian. So, why don't you correct your fellows when they claim that the MRM stands for egalitarianism, a point they make rather forcefully? If it did, you and others won't be feeling so much at home, there.

I understand that there are several flavours of it, but to suggest that the movement absolutely stands for egalitarianism, is simply misleading.

decius

Post by decius »

JackRayner wrote:

Care to quote me on any of those? Your statement here is extremely vague, possibly purposely so.
Please show some fucking courtesy and first show what it is that you are supposedly refuting. I'd like to know what in specific you're talking about that I reportedly said. I'll bother reading the rest of this and responding when you do. Thanks in advance! ;)
How disingenuous of you. You know perfectly well what I'm talking about.

welch

Post by welch »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
WoolyBumblebee wrote:http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa3 ... 83a86d.jpg

:happy-partydance: :laughing-rolling:
How can so much wrong be crammed into such a tiny sentence?
Beats me. I keep thinking "stop going to those clubs?"

Eucliwood

Post by Eucliwood »

A friend of mine on Facebook posted this utter bullshit. This is the same friend I realized got all of their rahrah material from FtB. I could just cry with disappointment. He seems smarter than this.

http://jezebel.com/5967923/fuck-you-mras

My response to his posting this shit:

"Fuck you, first of all, for making it nearly impossible for decent men struggling with abusive partners or unfair custody arrangements to get the help they need and deserve."

Oh the IRONY. Umm... that's part of what they root for. I'm pretty sure the ones that are making it hard are people that automatically label anyone who wants these things as participating in the horseshit.

Even if they don't go by the label "men's rights activist".

I have suggested that people go by humanist or egalitarian labels but even then they risk being lumped in with the misogynistic quarter of MRA.

Translation?

"Fuck you, misogynists, for making it hard for decent men to support or seek out help partly due to the ignorant fuckwits that lump everyone who supports such things in with the misogynists. It's YOUR fault. We don't control our rushed, stereotypical generalizations"

And this was posted by someone who mocked the very idea that there are any men's issues, with "boohoo, poor men/men's issues" or whatever the hell you said. something anti-equalist like that.
2 minutes ago · Like

decius

Post by decius »

JackRayner wrote:

How disingenuous of you. Unless you suffer from Alzheimer, you know perfectly well what I'm referring to.

Not waste any more time on you, Jack. Thanks for playing.

Eucliwood

Post by Eucliwood »

welch wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:
WoolyBumblebee wrote:http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa3 ... 83a86d.jpg

:happy-partydance: :laughing-rolling:
How can so much wrong be crammed into such a tiny sentence?
Beats me. I keep thinking "stop going to those clubs?"
How the fuck does a song degrade you? Lemme guess...it's talking about how hot women are? Or it's a song about sex?

I doubt the singers want YOU. Bitch, please.

Furthermore... Lemme guess... you have no complaints about the songs sung by women about men's hot bodies or other sexually charged songs like that?

Clearly a sexist observation.

Nevermore... the day that you wake up and these songs don't exist.

Get over it.

JackRayner

Post by JackRayner »

decius wrote:Jack, from your incoherent word salad, the only relevant piece of information is that you are not an egalitarian.
Actually, Decius, dear, sweetheart, cup-fucking-cake; what I said was that I don't identify as egalitarian because I don't think it is well defined.

I don't know what egalitarianism is, therefore I don't adopt the label =/= I am not an egalitarian, with egalitarian fitting some definition that you accept. Nice try, asshole.
So, why don't you correct your fellows when they claim that the MRM stands for egalitarianism, a point they make rather forcefully? If it did, you and others won't be feeling so much at home, there. I understand that there are several flavours of it, but to suggest that the movement absolutely stands for egalitarianism, is simply misleading.
[/quote]

Read above.

[Seriously though, what's your fucking problem?]

welch

Post by welch »

rayshul wrote:
Skep tickle wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:
Badger3k wrote: Crommunist said that there has been a new round of admissions for ftb (poor people, hope they know the cesspool they are joining), and he mentions that he has had a hand in the process. Maybe Halffish is going to be joining them full time? Just think of the fun we'll have!
We can but hope.
Halffish, Josh Spokesgay, Nerd of Redhead, Anthony K...who else? (I would guess Oolon, but probably not if PZ had a say in it.)
Question, with lulzy potential - why doesn't the slimepit field a candidate?
Not that Brayton or PZ would allow it, but why?

JackRayner

Post by JackRayner »

decius wrote:
JackRayner wrote:

How disingenuous of you. You know perfectly well what I'm talking about.
No, I don't.

Thanks for playing mindreader. You failed, but here is your consolation prize:

Eucliwood

Post by Eucliwood »

JackRayner wrote:
decius wrote:Jack, from your incoherent word salad, the only relevant piece of information is that you are not an egalitarian.
Actually, Decius, dear, sweetheart, cup-fucking-cake; what I said was that I don't identify as egalitarian because I don't think it is well defined.

I don't know what egalitarianism is, therefore I don't adopt the label =/= I am not an egalitarian, with egalitarian fitting some definition that you accept. Nice try, asshole.
So, why don't you correct your fellows when they claim that the MRM stands for egalitarianism, a point they make rather forcefully? If it did, you and others won't be feeling so much at home, there. I understand that there are several flavours of it, but to suggest that the movement absolutely stands for egalitarianism, is simply misleading.
Read above.

[Seriously though, what's your fucking problem?][/quote]

Is decius anti-men's rights? I don't even want to look at his or her posts themselves to find out. I've just had a dose of "all MRAs are misogynists" today... and the person administering it had the nerve to blame THEM for men's issues (abuse, etc) being ignored. The fuck?

decius, bottom line is the MRM varies. There are plenty of bad apples in it but they don't stand for the MRM in general...so no one should automatically judge someone for looking at men's issues. Anyone who does is clearly anti-equal rights.

welch

Post by welch »

Tony Parsehole wrote:Remind me what planet these knobs live on so we can virus-bomb it.
http://data.whicdn.com/images/27619296/ ... _large.jpg

I don't even know where to begin.
I want proof anyone besides parents, doctors and his hand has ever seen his penis.

Actually, I want proof of a penis.