Periodic Table of Swearing

Old subthreads
Michael K Gray

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Post by Michael K Gray »

rayshul wrote:I still can't believe that was "harrassment". Lots of people talk to me in the street. Like, every day.
Derren Brown: I'm getting an A, or an A+...
(Or an R something. Have you got a relative or a pet, or a treasured possession that has an "R" in it's name? Or sounds like an R when you have a cold? Yes! The spirits told me that before you said it. My trusted spirit-guide is Jonathan Walker, black labella)

I am intuiting that folks deign to speak to you on the street as though you are a human being, is probably solely because you are "a woman of beige colour".
That gives you an automatic get out of criticism free pass with the FC65.
My spidey sense tells me, that like all of the Maidens from Mauritius whom I have met, you are delightfully petite in stature.
Not "short", oh noes!

Harassment? Tell that to the kids of today, an' they won't believe you.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

franc wrote:For Andrew the MRA/islam baiter -

http://greylining.com/2011/09/22/the-co ... -islamism/
A good piece Franc.

You might have got a bit more specific about divisions in Islam for example between Sunni and Shia. These are deep and while people like Yasser al-Habib talk a good show about tolerance and reasonableness, nonetheless each year he presides and promotes a celebration that is bound to inflame the most tolerant and liberal Sunni and provoke them to anger.

You also alluded to the Salafis vs Christians but people do not seem to know that they are not a monolith and are generally subdivided roughly like this:

1) Neo-Salafi/Madkhali/Jami/Murji'ia Salafis: their shaikhs are Rabee MAdkhali, Shaikh Al-Jami, Shaikh Ali Halabi Al-Athari
2) Salafiyya Mashyakhiyya: Ibn Baz, Ibn Uthaymeen, Albani, Muqbil Wad'iee
3) Salafiyya Ilmiya: Abdul RAhman Abdul Khaliq, the Ansarul Sunnah movement
4) Ikhwani Salafis: Abdul Majeed Zandani, Omar Al-Ashqar
5) Suroori/ Sahwa Salafis: Safar Hawali, Salman Oadah
6) Salafi Jihadi: Osama bin Laden & Al-Qaeda

It is the radical Salafis generally that pose the biggest problems because they are radical "traditionalists" that have invented and adhere to traditions that never existed, have no respect for any of the other branches of Islam and are fueled by hate.

Generally you are correct though, that it is the radical areas of Islam that the Liberal West seeks out and promotes. I have a idea that this is deliberate and they see a way to either/and/or profit from it or promote it as part of their agenda.

Something like immigration, replace the prole population that will not adopt the agenda of the progressives with one that they think it will, and another group goes along with it because they see cheap labour, and in the case of Feminism they can double their workforce for roughly the same cost.

I would say more but I g2g. Have to catch a ferry.

P.S. I do not usually bait anyone. If anything more often than not I avoid saying what I think, because what little I do say, quite often inflames.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

bah having trouble uploading this image for my avatar
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/442/zazen.jpg/

Philip of Tealand

Post by Philip of Tealand »

Za-zen wrote:bah having trouble uploading this image for my avatar
I put mine in Paint, re-sized it, saved it as a Jpeg and it seemed to work - give that a whirl and then poke fun at me for getting it all horribly wrong! :D

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Za-zen wrote:bah having trouble uploading this image for my avatar
My god! It's full of ads!

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

bwhaaa ha ha bhwaaaa haha you fool lsuoma you fell into my ad trap, i am of the darkside and all lightsiders will kneel before my mighty lightsaber

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

To all you peons out there. My name is no longer za-zen.

I am darthzen created from the darkmatter of darkatheism denzien of the darkestreaches of the darkestplaces of the darkestpyt. No light will shine except the redshift of my darksaber as it gets rammed nonconsentually in carriers darkhole

franc

Post by franc »

AndrewV69 wrote:
franc wrote:For Andrew the MRA/islam baiter -

http://greylining.com/2011/09/22/the-co ... -islamism/
A good piece Franc.

You might have got a bit more specific about divisions in Islam for example between Sunni and Shia.
Oh fuck you. Writing for the masses. Sunni => wahhabi => salafi => infinite fragments

Thanks for liking it. But there are at least two islam scholars in this room.

The Pelagic Argosy

Post by The Pelagic Argosy »

Lsuoma wrote:
Michael K Gray wrote: (This blog software actually auto-censors the word S E M P R I N I !!)
For that you get a special rank!!!
I'm glad I spotted this because I was about to complain that

Profaner of the First Rank
[photo of S*mprini]

was looking suspiciously like an "OM" or similar baboonage.

surreptitious57

Post by surreptitious57 »

Dick Strawkins wrote:
So A+ is open to conscientious Christians and Muslims?
It is open to anyone and a few from this side have joined up. I posted that they need to be more open and no idea gets a free ride, and the two sister sites are echo chambers, and that there is already a division in atheism because of all the flame wars, and guess what? Nothing, absolutely nothing. So a thumbs up so far, though of course it is early days yet and things may change once it has settled down but even so. We need as many from this side as we can get to balance it out so anyone wants to dip their toes in the deep end, away you go. It will be better you actually debating them, rather than debating about them methinks. So form an orderly queue now and away you go. See you in there if you do make it over.

The Pelagic Argosy

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Justin: great podcast! See PM on FB...
Agreed. I can't often sit through these things but that was most listenable.
/echochamber

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

I'll echo the echo that the podcast gets a darthstar award

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

I have a complaint about sacha.

She is in open rebellion to the agreement that all pyters shoud have southpark avatars. She's a troublemaker who is obviously here to troll, she even quoted me in her personal attack. The majority decided that the pyt movement would be represented by southpark avatars and she needs to be told that she needs to get it or get out.

The Pelagic Argosy

Za-zen wrote:[...] she even quoted me in her personal attack.
Your fainting couch, madam. Plus a very large violin with which to soothe your vapours:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/__iZOUt8oOlI/T ... Bgreen.jpg

The Pelagic Argosy

I call it Fainting Couch+

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

justinvacula wrote:http://i.imgur.com/ZV8ZZ.jpg

:popcorn:
And we shall PREVAIL!!!

Sorry, working on my rendition of HBO's Rome theme. I may have gotten carried away a little...

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

justinvacula wrote:http://i.imgur.com/ZV8ZZ.jpg

I already tried that, remember?

The result was Greta Christina throwing an epic temper-tantum and pulling out of FreeOK2, and PZ Myers squealing about how I was threatening him/all FfTBers with death (technically, 'debate', but Myers isnt concerned with trivialities like truth) and wouldnt never ever no NEVERS be at a conference with me for such a confrontation to take place.

I *WANT* to debate these fuck heads, and they ran away crying.

Tell Stangroom we dun been der dun dat.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Nice one, PZ. Trying to make it sound like we, who use the word cunt, also sexually assault people ("slapping derrieres"). People PZ Liars, who on purpose, word things like that to make it seem that us "cunt" saying Pitters sexually assault people too, is the type of person who I'd bet money, makes real life false claims too. Makes me wonder if he ever got pissed off at any adult males as a kid and faked an abuse. He seems that type, judging by his conflation of "cunt" sayers (meaning Pitters, obviously) with actual sexual assaulters.

Myers and Watson both. I wonder if they've left a trail of real life false accusations, due to it being their par-for-the-course method when online. I'm not accusing, just wondering. They seem like the type who wouldn't just stop at online false accusations.

Well, I'm off to watch Rocky Horror! My copy from Amazon came yesterday. Also got Labrynth and Tommy, both faves from years ago. Oh Brad, Oh Janet!

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

Richard Dawkins on way to Witch of the Week status again for...retweeting.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/blaghag/201 ... yet-again/

Lucy tweeted "I'm a woman & an atheist blogger, & never experienced sexist abuse from fellow atheists. Maybe because I don't assume they're misogynists."
From Veronica at Purple NoiZe:

Good for you Lucy. Good for you. There are numerous women who have, but I’m glad you’re not one of them.

The problem, however, with this tweet is of course the second sentence. Lucy seems to be saying that either is the abuse imagined, i.e. that the recipients interpret the abuse as sexist while it is actually just for laughs or something. It is a little tricky to treat death and rape threats as funny jokes, but I suppose if you’re naive enough you could manage it. The other option is that the abuse women receive online is caused by women assuming these people are misogynists, therefore the sexism is really the victim’s fault for being so uppity. The classic victim blaming that we so often see of rape victims.

So yeah, Lucy. You’re full of shit.

… and Richard Dawkins retweeted it.

Looks like Dawkins hasn’t learned anything in the last year. And this is why you shouldn’t have idols, folks.

RebeccaB

Post by RebeccaB »

Justin - hilarious podcast. I just linked to your blog post about it, on the JREF thread concerning A+, which is itself pretty good. See #251 at:

http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=242361&page=7

(Parenthetically, I linked to my blog as well. Secret agenda? Moi?)

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

RebeccaB wrote:Justin - hilarious podcast. I just linked to your blog post about it, on the JREF thread concerning A+, which is itself pretty good. See #251 at:

http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=242361&page=7

(Parenthetically, I linked to my blog as well. Secret agenda? Moi?)
Thanks! ...and thanks to many who have enjoyed the podcast.

Goatboy

Post by Goatboy »

Saint N. wrote:...
Y'know, just a few weeks back I started thinking that this whole FtB vs the rest of the atheist movement (you know that privileged, male, white, sexist, cisgendered...blah blah blah...one) couldn't possible go on for another year, since just about everything we could possibly say against them has already been said. But then came this whole A+(theism) crap. Now I'm thinking that even if this plus nonsense dies out quickly, they'll just keep coming up with more lulz worthy stuff for us to laugh at. Basically, I predict this thread will span for hundreds of more pages before it's all said and done. So...

and lest we forget,

http://i48.tinypic.com/4qpmjb.jpg
I’ve been reading through some of the old threads from ERV and it’s pretty obvious that a fairly large percentage of the things that could be said were all said within two weeks of Elevatorgate.

It’s depressing to realise that people have been accused of misogyny, just for asking for some actual evidence, for over a year now. It’s also funny how utterly incapable of addressing those requests Skepchicks/FfTB remain. Hell, just last week Rebecca Watson claimed that many of the numerous rape threats she receives come from people who identify as humanists in their online profiles.

Have we seen these threats? No. Has she named these people? No. But Humanism apparently has a real problem and the only way to solve it is to subcontract our reasoning to these idiot demagogues.

So yeah, the conflict is eternal – or at least until they can no longer squeeze petty drama, ego reinforcement and income from it.

windy

Post by windy »

Gumby wrote: Yep, they started a whole new movement, and they don't even know what it is yet. All they've managed to do so far is tack a fucking plus sign at the end of the atheist "A" and attract a bunch of Women's Studies 101 armchair slacktivists. "Wheee! We're gonna change the world? Uh, what is this all about, anyway?"
They've basically embraced the equivalent of "Framing Science" and are fellating Phil Plait's DBAD despite all their protests against those tactics not so long ago. "You went full Mooney, guys. Never go full Mooney."

Post by Guest »

JackRayner wrote:You gotta be fucking kidding me. Are the baboons trying to ruin atheism for me?! I didn't even know they'd taken AronRa down with them, and now they're trying to take The Thinking Atheist too? FML! :x
Woke up today to find that post gone! (I need to get used to taking screen shots of this kind of stuff, huh? Y'all seem to be on top of that, and with good reason, it seems.) Seth was talking about a panel he was going to be on, of atheist men speaking out against hatred of women, and had linked to some article on Skepchick by AronRa. Apparently this panel would include Dillacunty. Is he reconsidering after all of the negative comments?..

Anywho, seems like a better reaction than we've seen from Dillacunty and his "agree or I'll block you" sprees...

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

windy wrote:
Gumby wrote: Yep, they started a whole new movement, and they don't even know what it is yet. All they've managed to do so far is tack a fucking plus sign at the end of the atheist "A" and attract a bunch of Women's Studies 101 armchair slacktivists. "Wheee! We're gonna change the world? Uh, what is this all about, anyway?"
They've basically embraced the equivalent of "Framing Science" and are fellating Phil Plait's DBAD despite all their protests against those tactics not so long ago. "You went full Mooney, guys. Never go full Mooney."
And Accommodationist. After all the shit people got for working with believers to increase evolution/science education, all the shit people got for working with believers for community service/social justice causes, ALOVASUDDENT A+theism isnt opposed to working with theists for their 'feminist' goals.

ccdimage

Post by ccdimage »

A bit on why I disagree with Atheism+
Atheism has no political agenda. If Rush Limbaugh, or Wendy Wright gave some critical thought to their religion and stopped believing in god then I would want to hear their story. I would not give a toss if they kept all of their other silly political ideas. Rush and Wendy should be able to give up their belief in god and be welcomed to speak at an Atheist conference without some uppity loud mouth cunt shouting them down or trying to get them banned and ostracised.
I want less people to believe in gods and falsely claiming that atheism leads to any political ideology is fucked up illogical claptrap. I can listen to Bill Maher talk about atheism and enjoy it but I don't have to agree with him about vaccinations or any of his other views. I would not be so rude as to call him out on his anti-vaccination stance if he was giving a talk about non belief in gods at an atheist meeting because they are completely separate issues. There is no way that you can draw anything political from a non belief in gods.
Another good example would be the Dalai-lama. He is an atheist and I would be interested to see him talk about gods and get his perspective on atheism; but he is part of a political hierarchy that fucked over the people of Tibet for centuries and oppressed women in particular. So I don't agree with the Dalai-lama on the political bullshit but I still want to hear what this thinking man has to say. Sure you can go and have your little silly exclusive club, but you will be excluding people who I think might have interesting things to say. I hope you will become more and more isolated in your little circle jerk that has nothing to do with atheism and any influence you might have will dry up.
Stop calling your band of ignorant fucks pushing your political barrow atheism+ and stop trying to tell other people that atheism has any political implications. GTFO you manipulative devious sneaky lying sacks of political crap.
If I see a person wearing an atheist+ emblem at least I will know who to kick in the balls or punt in the cunt (figuratively).

tachikoma

Post by tachikoma »

New Sneer Review: The Evolution of Atheism
I'm not sure I like where this is heading.
(can't seem to post images from some blogs directly. I get "can't determine size of image". How do I get around that?)

A comment leads to this (image too large to post on board properly)

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

tachikoma wrote:New Sneer Review: The Evolution of Atheism
I'm not sure I like where this is heading.
(can't seem to post images from some blogs directly. I get "can't determine size of image". How do I get around that?)

A comment leads to this (image too large to post on board properly)
http://i.imgur.com/CVwfV.jpgIt's because there's some sort of wrapper around the image. I right-clicked, and selected "Copy Image Location" then pasted that between the tags.

Not sure how to get around this...

masakari2012

Post by masakari2012 »

Fuck yeah! I've been a long time subscriber of noelplum99. Glad he sees through the bullshit from FTB. Funny thing is that a few months ago, he didn't comment so firmly on his opinion of FTB, during the TAM / D.J. Grothe attacks. Noelplum99 must have done his homework since then.

[youtube]nF3LHRgYwFU[/youtube]

Saint N.

Post by Saint N. »

justinvacula wrote:Richard Dawkins on way to Witch of the Week status again
Dawkins is a unique bother to all of them, because he is the only "big name" who openly told Watson to shut the fuck up in the very beginning of all of this and has never so much as tried to apologize and backpedal away from his words (even DJ tried to ease the tension a bit when shit was being flung at him). The worst part for them is that Dawkins is so far above any of the them in the pecking order that nothing they write on their tiny, bitty, little, blogs and vlogs can hurt his status and name recognition (even Pharyngula). So Dawkins isn't just another Witch of the Week for them, he is the Wicked Witch of White Male Privilege itself. A label that carries a life sentence.

From Dawkins' perspective, I imagine he is getting annoyed that a movement he's put so much effort, time, and money into (not to mention his credentials as a celebrated scientist in his field), is being torn apart by a bunch of no-name whiners trying to gain fame by flinging shit at the very movement that made them relevant in atheist circles to begin with (let's be honenst, if it wasn't for those "privileged male, white supremacist, blah, blah, blah" Four Horsemen bringing in the wave of New Atheism, would anyone give enough of a shit about atheism for all these blogs to even exist). Like the two dozen or so theists who have written books as direct responses to Dawkins, these A+theism nobodies are just another set of "Dawkins' fleas" trying to make a name for themselves. I hope Dawkins will start speaking out against A+theism directly, because it would be hilarious to watch Carrier try to denounce him as a C.H.U.D.

sacha

Re: Pattern Recognition

Post by sacha »

rayshul wrote:Then again, what do I know, maybe her next door neighbour yells "SHOW US EM TITTIES" at her every time she passes his house.
hahahaha!
rayshul wrote:I still can't believe that was "harrassment". Lots of people talk to me in the street. Like, every day.

I recently read a bit of twittershit with someone taking notes on how often people were harrassed because of their gender. One woman said she was harrassed every time she went outside, even if she had her kids around. I can't quite get my head around that because she lived in the same area I used to live.

I'm wondering if this is just a complete misunderstanding of how human interaction works. Like maybe my friendly "hello, nice day," is someone else's harrassment.
That is precisely what it is. If you believe there is harassment and sexism everywhere, it becomes all encompassing, and you see it everywhere. It's paranoia. Exactly the same as the conspiracy theory nutters. They find patterns of their fears in everything. It's well known in the sceptic community. Our brains are wired for pattern recognition, which is why we see recognisible images in clouds, and some see Jesus in toast.

The Pelagic Argosy

masakari2012 wrote:Fuck yeah! I've been a long time subscriber of noelplum99. Glad he sees through the bullshit from FTB. Funny thing is that a few months ago, he didn't comment so firmly on his opinion of FTB, during the TAM / D.J. Grothe attacks. Noelplum99 must have done his homework since then.

[youtube video]
Never heard of this bloke, but he's a fucking genius. I want to cut his rants up and put them to music. He's the Mark E. Smith of atheism, only from Lincolnshire (and like anyone north of Watford Gap, knows the correct pronunciation of bastard).

sacha

Post by sacha »

Za-zen wrote:I have a complaint about sacha.

She is in open rebellion to the agreement that all pyters shoud have southpark avatars. She's a troublemaker who is obviously here to troll, she even quoted me in her personal attack. The majority decided that the pyt movement would be represented by southpark avatars and she needs to be told that she needs to get it or get out.
Go start a fanboi Southpark forum, and make that a rule...

A troublemaker I am. You would not have it any other way.

I actually made one a few days ago, I had to change the hair a bit and now it looks just like me. Uncanny.
I'll post it, but I won't use it as an avatar, it truly would be odd if everyone had Southpark avatars here, it's not a Southpark forum, and if anything we are all against being followers. I think it's fun for everyone to post what they would look like as a Southpark character, but everyone using it for an avatar is a bit too Science Fiction Group-Think-Cloning for me. Having a few is fine, but an Avatar can represent a lot about a person without it being a likeness of them on the outside. What one looks like is irrelevant, it's who they are that is important, and my Rook suits me perfectly. Everyone knows that's me, even on other sites. I've used it for about 5 years, and I plan to keep it. I'm loyal like that.

I'll post Southpark sacha when I return...

sacha

Fainting couch and violin

Post by sacha »

The Pelagic Argosy wrote:
Za-zen wrote:[...] she even quoted me in her personal attack.
Your fainting couch, madam. Plus a very large violin with which to soothe your vapours:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/__iZOUt8oOlI/T ... Bgreen.jpg
hahaha!

That image is brilliant.

Saint N.

Post by Saint N. »

masakari2012 wrote:Fuck yeah! I've been a long time subscriber of noelplum99. Glad he sees through the bullshit from FTB. Funny thing is that a few months ago, he didn't comment so firmly on his opinion of FTB, during the TAM / D.J. Grothe attacks. Noelplum99 must have done his homework since then.

[youtube]nF3LHRgYwFU[/youtube]
People should follow the link he gives in the description to his exchange with Martin Wagner. Martin gives no real response to noelplum's concerns, just a lame "Why can't I do social justice and be an atheist" line, despite the fact that no one is arguing against that, what we are arguing is that you cannot logically justify or lump in your (or my, or anyone else's) political preferences in with the definition of atheism.Grrr :x . You'd think that someone who has spent the last several years on a TV show repeating to theists that "No, atheism means nothing more than a disbelief in the existence of gods" ought to know better than to throw out that piece of wisdom when it comes to his own favored political leanings.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Sigh: the morons have found another fucking way to spam the forums - or at least me. Twice someone has made a bogus report on a post then paste spam into the report body. Fucking morons.

So now guests aren't allowed to report comments...

oolon

Post by oolon »

Tigzy wrote:Strange shit is afoot a Bleater Greta's blog: http://freethoughtblogs.com/greta/2012/ ... ying-cunt/

So now she's been trolled by Oolon. Now, it's pretty likely this isn't the same Oolon who's been doing his best to defend the spurious honour of FfTB on Thunderf00t's blog (and failing madly in the process). In fact, I personally reckon it could very well be creepy-rapey 'Tim' using multiple ID addresses. In which case, she's lumbered with an obsessional one there - and it also doesn't do much to further her case that such abuse is rife in the community. (And even if it was the case, then it's no more than a tiny handful of trolls - frankly, anyone, male or female, is liable to get a fuckload more by posting even a fairly innocuous vid on Youtube).

As she says here, it's the fourth she's gotten in three days. And all or some of that could be the work of one idiot:
UPDATE: There’s one more thing I want to mention: This is the fourth one of these I’ve gotten in three days. Again — all in response to discussions of misogyny, and why atheism might need a new wave that explicitly gives a damn about misogyny and other social justice issues. I don’t think that’s a coincidence.
Though the mean, cynical part of me wonders if it is a tad convenient. *halo slips*
Tigzy wrote:Strange shit is afoot a Bleater Greta's blog: http://freethoughtblogs.com/greta/2012/ ... ying-cunt/

So now she's been trolled by Oolon. Now, it's pretty likely this isn't the same Oolon who's been doing his best to defend the spurious honour of FfTB on Thunderf00t's blog (and failing madly in the process). In fact, I personally reckon it could very well be creepy-rapey 'Tim' using multiple ID addresses. In which case, she's lumbered with an obsessional one there - and it also doesn't do much to further her case that such abuse is rife in the community. (And even if it was the case, then it's no more than a tiny handful of trolls - frankly, anyone, male or female, is liable to get a fuckload more by posting even a fairly innocuous vid on Youtube).

As she says here, it's the fourth she's gotten in three days. And all or some of that could be the work of one idiot:
UPDATE: There’s one more thing I want to mention: This is the fourth one of these I’ve gotten in three days. Again — all in response to discussions of misogyny, and why atheism might need a new wave that explicitly gives a damn about misogyny and other social justice issues. I don’t think that’s a coincidence.
Though the mean, cynical part of me wonders if it is a tad convenient. *halo slips*
Given you lot spotted it was not me... I have to apologise for using the term 'slimepitter' for the goon who thought it was funny - easy to fall into the trap of taking sides eh? :violin:

I'm also rather disappointed that it is possible to use the same nym over there... I thought Thunderf00t a fool for letting someone sock-puppet him but it seems Wordpress has little security in that regard?

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Please when addressing me refer to me as lord zen, or darth zen, calling me zazen is ableist. You have been told so there is no excuse for fuckups on this point, and any questions on its validity are obviously ptsd attacks.

I think Dawkins is superb, his balancing is superb, he learnt something from the EG nonsense, and its how to deal with the fuckwits, theres no point in attempting to have a blunt no bullshit intellectual discussion with them, because it's like the gaurdian newspaper debating the sun newspaper. (yanks wont get the allusion, think considered vs tits and flag waving).

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Za-zen wrote:because it's like the gaurdian newspaper debating the sun newspaper. (yanks wont get the allusion, think considered vs tits and flag waving).
The Septics had their own Sun newspaper...

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

@Oolon

No probs. I'm not familiar with anyone here who writes in the same style - or appears to have this creepy thing going about Greta's calendar photo - so whoever this 'Tim' is, he's probably free-range weirdo.

And yup - Wordpress needs to get its username security sorted out pronto. Both Thunderf00t and CommanderTuvok have been sockpuppeted on Tf00t's blog - surprised to hear it happening at FfTB, though. Looks like there's an exploit in Wordpress which could make otherwise innocent parties look really bad if a troll can hijack a username like that. Best get Ed on to it as soon as...

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Za-zen wrote: I think Dawkins is superb, his balancing is superb, he learnt something from the EG nonsense, and its how to deal with the fuckwits, theres no point in attempting to have a blunt no bullshit intellectual discussion with them, because it's like the gaurdian newspaper debating the sun newspaper. (yanks wont get the allusion, think considered vs tits and flag waving).
Yes, he's playing them like a fine tuned instrument. He drops out little subtle digs at them and then ignores their response. It drives them fucking tonto, they'd love to get into a self-righteous slanging match with him just to inflate their fragile little egos, but he treats them with distain, not worth his time and effort. It's beautiful to watch.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

bhoytony wrote:he treats them with distain, not worth his time and effort. It's beautiful to watch.
Oops, disdain.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Dick Strawkins wrote: I think Carrier is referring to the larger Atheist/skeptic conferences that occasionally, and increasingly, get FTB/Skepchick speakers and he is articulating a wish to exclude anyone who has a public disagreement with the views of the FTB heirarchy.
It's simply a badly organized attempt at a coup detat against the atheist movement. He's been deafened by the echo chamber that is FTB comment section into assuming that their narrow self serving interest is supported by the wider community.
Yep.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

It is interesting that one of the moans from the Baboons is that we "monitor" (or via cyberstalking) every little comment, tweet, post, message they say.

But when Dawkins does a simple re-tweet, they write an entire blog post on it, followed by dozens of comments from frothing-at-the-mouth Baboonies.

Considering they see Dawkins as "the past", and not an important figure for the future of the movement(s), they sure do obsess about him.

Saint N.

Post by Saint N. »

JackRayner wrote:You gotta be fucking kidding me. Are the baboons trying to ruin atheism for me?! I didn't even know they'd taken AronRa down with them, and now they're trying to take The Thinking Atheist too? FML!
Wait a minute, didn't Seth just have a podcast interview with persona non grata, the mother of the Slyme Pit, Abbie Smith (an unforgivable sin in FtB circles)? Also, doesn't he identify as a conservative on many political issues, thereby excluding him from the even possibly being accepted into the ranks of A+theism? Unless Seth is going there to either openly disagree, or alternatively fall in line, I don't really understand how he fits into the same panel with Matt Dillahunty and AronRa on this issue.

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Lsuoma wrote:
Michael K Gray wrote: (This blog software actually auto-censors the word S E M P R I N I !!)

[photo of S*mprini]

Not in my ability to have any control over, I'm afraid.

cunt

Post by cunt »

Saint N. wrote:
People should follow the link he gives in the description to his exchange with Martin Wagner. Martin gives no real response to noelplum's concerns, just a lame "Why can't I do social justice and be an atheist" line, despite the fact that no one is arguing against that, what we are arguing is that you cannot logically justify or lump in your (or my, or anyone else's) political preferences in with the definition of atheism.Grrr :x . You'd think that someone who has spent the last several years on a TV show repeating to theists that "No, atheism means nothing more than a disbelief in the existence of gods" ought to know better than to throw out that piece of wisdom when it comes to his own favored political leanings.
That really is a great video. I think it's rationalized by their adding a plus sign, but like he says nobody outside of this tiny sphere of internet atheism is going to know that means.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Michael K Gray wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:

[photo of S*mprini]

Let me know if you don't like it, and I'll can the icon and the special rank.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Over at Jen's circle jerk over Dawkins' major crime of re-tweeting something they don't like.
RDGWB.jpg
(33.51 KiB) Downloaded 393 times
Raging Bee compares Dawkins to George W. Bush. Although, from Raging's reasoning, it looks to me like he is describing PZ Myers or Rebecca Watson.

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Lsuoma wrote:
Michael K Gray wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:

[photo of S*mprini]

Let me know if you don't like it, and I'll can the icon and the special rank.
I would like you to yank it, please.
(Ooh-err!)
About the only good thing is that it replaced that equally wanky "Getting Chatty" star-bar crap.
If you could turn this off as well, I'd be extra pleased!
Ta!
Didn't want to kvetch before, as it is utterly trivial compared to real life problems.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

I love this one. SpokesGay - no stranger to deliberate aggressive taunting (nothing "passive about them) moans about the nature of a vanilla re-tweet from Dawkins.
SpokesgayTaunting.jpg
(17.21 KiB) Downloaded 375 times
What a complete wankstain SpokesGay is. Dawkins having the audacity to retweet things and have his own opinion - completly DISGUSTING!!!

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

Saint N. wrote:
JackRayner wrote:You gotta be fucking kidding me. Are the baboons trying to ruin atheism for me?! I didn't even know they'd taken AronRa down with them, and now they're trying to take The Thinking Atheist too? FML!
Wait a minute, didn't Seth just have a podcast interview with persona non grata, the mother of the Slyme Pit, Abbie Smith (an unforgivable sin in FtB circles)? Also, doesn't he identify as a conservative on many political issues, thereby excluding him from the even possibly being accepted into the ranks of A+theism? Unless Seth is going there to either openly disagree, or alternatively fall in line, I don't really understand how he fits into the same panel with Matt Dillahunty and AronRa on this issue.
I doubt the topic is on this issue. Its probably on being a YouTuber/videoblogger/etc.

cunt

Post by cunt »

CommanderTuvok wrote:I love this one. SpokesGay - no stranger to deliberate aggressive taunting (nothing "passive about them) moans about the nature of a vanilla re-tweet from Dawkins.
SpokesgayTaunting.jpg
What a complete wankstain SpokesGay is. Dawkins having the audacity to retweet things and have his own opinion - completly DISGUSTING!!!
Hah. Spokesgay is incredibly vocal in what a complete and total piece of shit he is. Hence, the moral high ground is his.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Here, ChasCPeterson gets the chance to insert the latest FfTB feminine insult: CHILL GIRL.
ChasWainwright.jpg
(34.57 KiB) Downloaded 367 times
Perhaps Chas is suggesting Wainwright ought to have lied about her experiences, and made up some horrific sexist abuse - anything but revealing herself to be (horror of horrors) a "chill girl".

PS - Looking at Wainwright's blog - that CYBERSTALKING, you dimwitted aardvark.

Saint N.

Post by Saint N. »

ERV wrote:I doubt the topic is on this issue. Its probably on being a YouTuber/videoblogger/etc.
Understood, but seems like it would be impossible to have a discussion on the topic of harassment against women in the a/s community without bringing up what's been going on for the last year. And the ERV undead thread, and in particular the animosity they've fostered against you and the slyme pit, seems inseparable from that.
cunt wrote:Hah. Spokesgay is incredibly vocal in what a complete and total piece of shit he is. Hence, the moral high ground is his.
lmao, this is the same asshole who tells people to "fuck off and die" and then preaches about decent behavior. He's a living joke.

StueNever

Post by StueNever »

Now to make them a little paranoid by registering at the A+ forums and poeing their victim brand feminism.

I might not even be arsed, but I might do it, so be on the look out, A plussers. :twisted:

cunt

Post by cunt »

StueNever wrote:Now to make them a little paranoid by registering at the A+ forums and poeing their victim brand feminism.

I might not even be arsed, but I might do it, so be on the look out, A plussers. :twisted:
I was going to but its so fucking boring. They all agree that progressive taxation is good for instance.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

BarnOwl wrote: And a lot of hardcore punk is fucking horrible ... some of the reasons for that are described in The Decline of Western Civilization.
I have it on good authority that it was instrumental in the decline of the Roman Empire