Periodic Table of Swearing

Old subthreads
Dilurk

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Post by Dilurk »

ERV wrote: If 100 people showed up every year, and 100 people had a great time, and 100 people learned something. 100 people networked. 100 people got motivated to do something.

Whats wrong with that?

Why does every conference have to be BIGGER than the last? Size is a sign of success? Wat? Since when?

I would rather have 100 people come who were involved, rather than 1600 people, 900 of whom werent interested in hearing someone like Jessica Alquist speak.
I've said very nearly that same thing about Science Fiction cons (yes, I have been involved in running them). I'd rather go to a small con with locals and have a great time than worry about bringing in big name writers etc. Obviously the facilities would have to be scaled back but so what?

franc

Re: The Definitive A+/FTB/SCK Fashion Guide

Post by franc »

Mykeru wrote:Aspire to be more like 'Becca? Want to hang with Setar? Need a start in entiring the wonderful world of revolutionary trust-fund douchebaggery?

How to Be A Hipster

Now, get to wor--Uh, slack.
http://oi45.tinypic.com/o0xw1l.jpg

sacha

Post by sacha »

ReneeHendricks wrote:
If it makes you feel *any* better, I do the same but when I'm angry. Sad? Nah. Frustrated? Nah - I have 3 teen-aged kids. But angry? You bet. And the vicious cycle is when I cry, I get more angry which turns on more waterworks.
that is dreadful.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

ERV wrote: 1-- 1600 is from Steffie Svan.
2-- 700 is from Washington Post.
3-- Myers has no numbers, and in fact, no clue.

Guess which figure Im going with?

Furthermore, I have an idea how both 1600 and 700 can be right. 1600 is the number of people who registered online. 700 is the number of people who showed up.

Guess which one counts?

I mean if I run a conference where it is free to register online, and 5 million people register, and literally no one actually shows up, that doesnt mean I can run around bragging about how I ran a conference of 5 million people.

WashPo counted 700, Myers. Are you suggesting that in an otherwise complementary article, WashPo lied?
Myers is talking out of his dick in that article. Look at the response he got from the organisers - which he quotes in support of his assertion that it was a relative success - and look carefully:
Our estimates are 1400-1600 in meatspace. The reason for the variance is that while we know we got a bump in attendance from foot traffic from Meals a Million [a charity convention that was going on next door], but we didn’t have a good metric for tracking them. That said, the live stream was new exciting. We don’t know how many people signed on to it over the course of the event, but during Greta’s talk we had 1,100 people watching. That’s pretty cool.
It's complete and utter spin. They got a bump in attendance owing to an influx from a charity covention next door - which they include in their 1400-1600 estimate. If they don't have a good metric for tracking attendees, then how can they be sure that the influx from this other talk wasn't a lot bigger? The person who responds then goes on to talk about an utter irrelevance - the live stream - to imply meatspace popularity too. Greta's talk had 1100 people watching - online. So why not state how many people were estimated to be in physical attendance at Greta's talk?

Basically, Rebecca's friend is using anecdotes to support his assertion - which pretty much boils down to, 'Uh, well it sure looked like there were a lot of people in attendance...'

sacha

Post by sacha »

Dick Strawkins wrote:
I've watched the video and read the article about this app and I don't quite see why it's such a big problem, at least not as big a problem as is being suggested in that video.
John the other seems to be taking a worst case scenario whereas it isn't clear that this is either the intention or even possible with the finished app (I don't think it's been released yet.)
The worry is that women might make false claims against men?
Doesn't that happen already? Is the app the equivalent of a payphone for anonymously ringing the police or is the person making the accusation traceable? It's really not clear.
The intention seems to be for women to easily report minor incidences of harrassment so that the police can see whether a pattern is present (for instance identifying if there is somebody who hangs about a particular location and follows women)
What's the problem with that?
The way that John the other talked about it he made it sound like women could automatically add someone to the local sex offender register!
The app makes reporting like a game, far too easy to abuse. The majority of women who would use it, are either seeing "creepy" men everywhere, and are paranoid, or will use it to be vindictive.
One may have second thoughts about crying wolf if they need to report it to a police officer.

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

I dont understand why anyone has to estimate. Did they not have a sign-in table? I thought this conference was supposed to be 'safe', but they have no record of who went or how many people were there? Why make people sign a 'I PROMISE I WONT RAPE ANYONE OR ASK ANYONE FOR COFFEE' pledge if anyone could walk in off the street? Wat? And what is up with WashPo saying there were 700 if there were really '1400-1600'?

mutleyeng

Post by mutleyeng »

d4m10n wrote:She did not, to my recollection use the phrase "rape culture" but rather talked about how women are in inculturated to fear both being raped and taking the blame for it.
I would characterise her talk as anti-science.
It was like a creationist dispelling the myth that the Earth is more than 6000 yrs old.
I exaggerate - but not by much

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Dick Strawkins wrote: I think I can remember something said along those lines a while back.
I can understand why Steve Novella would have this stance - he gives the impression that he'd like to be a more high profile media presence and I guess being an outspoken atheist would be a death blow to that plan, in the US at least.
However, he is holding firm to his convictions and refuses to accept anything less than $20 for a blowjob.
But Rebecca is different. She doesn't have the ability or scientific knowledge to be a big name in the mainstream media, at least not as a skeptic. She has set her stall as that of 'atheist feminism'.
However, in her defense, Rebecca has more elaborate mouth parts than most parasites.
So why not push the atheism line a little harder.
I wonder if she is worried that in doing so she might expose her lack of intellectual rigor, in much the same way that speaking of scientific matters reveals her as a rank amateur. What I mean is that I have never seen evidence that she can handle an apologetic argument in the way the average atheist conference D-lister can (for example Matt Dillahunty and JT Eberhard taking on the various arguments for God)
My impression of "Rebecca" from way back when on the JREF was that her whole shtick was playing "girl on the internet". As she's perhaps one of the least attractive and charming persons imaginable, including early hominids, this sort of attention was important to her ego. Obviously she wasn't getting it where it counts. The "guys just won't leave me alone" is the dark cashing in of that shtick for a 32-year old perpetual adolescent who is now, more than ever, faced with her looks fading, which she never had in the first place.

Now, that might sound sexist, but I wouldn't apply that as a general rule. Her behavior, her obsessions, her mean-girl antics just demonstrates that all that crap is important to her, even if no one else gives a shit.

Somewhere along the way I referred to the hierarchical nature of the community, with the doers on top followed by a succession of popularizers, repeaters, me-tooers all of which have less a grasp of the methodology of skepticism as you go down the line. What you get from Becca and Matt isn't that they have internalized the methodology of science or skepticism (If either has read Popper or Hempel I would actually shit myself) that they can apply to anything, even things they may intuitively agree with. For them, skepticism is just another rhetorical tool to beat things they don't like. Things they do like get a pass.

Dillahunty is a token evangelical. It's his conversion story that supposedly makes him compelling, provided you don't dwell too long on his believing (or pretending to) crap for most of his adult life. Rebecca is a token chick that has been promoted way above the level of her own competence. I see very little to suggest she understands the "eat your own" nature of science and skepticism. She's just someone who repeats stuff other skeptics came up with, probably without really understanding it. You can tell this in her interview with Ann Althouse. She has a moment where she just has to play star pupil and explain homeopathy even though no one asks. Then she completely muffs it.

This is why she will eventually transition to some other organization where she can be fat and old and bitter and bitch about her objectification. Hopefully Jezebel will be hiring.

She's not the only reason I really don't bother with Skeptics Guide to the Universe (aside from ripping off Douglas Adams) and that's because they act as if there are "safe places" for skepticism. If you are going to give religion a pass, as was the big pre-elevator TAM kerfuffle, do you give a pass to Scientology? Do you give a pass to anti-vaccination nuts provided they have a religious objection? Is the Shroud of Turin fair game or not? Which are the acceptable religious beliefs that can be treated as empirical claims but are deferentially given a pat on the head?

Once you do that, give religion a pass, why not give radical feminism, post modernism, Sociology of Knowledge and Social Constructivism and eventually whatever woo can get through the door a pass?

Don't want to piss off the wrong people? Well, stop being a skeptic because I hear that's what skeptics tend to do. If your courage only extends to laughing at people making plaster casts of Bigfoot, then you can't be counted on to take a stand when it really counts. So fuck you, skeptics of convenience.
ERV wrote:I mean if I run a conference where it is free to register online, and 5 million people register, and literally no one actually shows up, that doesnt mean I can run around bragging about how I ran a conference of 5 million people.
I call this "The Meet-Up Millions". My last trail century ride we had about 50 people all enthused, but when the day came to get our ass all sore, only five of us actually showed up. One of whom was riding a hipster Schwinn and had to drop out when he blew a spoke.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Altair wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote: Oh, and to be fair - nothing says she was selling them and I've never been to see one of her seller booths. She can make them for fun and not profit.
I agree, I concluded she was selling them because the latest tweet said the Rovio guys were angry at her, but I also don't know for sure. I have seen the pictures showing her jewelry with PacMan characters, so it appears she's not aware that she could be breaking the law by using those designs.
The PacMan necklace has since disappeared from her Etsy shop. It's possible she could have received a C&D notice from NamcoBandai, because:

a): She still list items which were sold on her Etsy shop, and doesn't delete them - eg: http://www.etsy.com/listing/105514237/c ... in-red-and

b): It was me who grassed her up to NamcoBandai anyway. What can I say? I love my Tekken games and feel protective towards NamcoBandai. In fact, I reckon all the years and effort I've put into playing various incarnations of Tekken would be enough to make me a dan grade if I'd actually spent an equivalent amount of time and effort in practising a real martial art.

Oh, I also see that the IDIC necklace has disappeared too. Hell, that could even be down to me dobbing her in to CBS as well :lol:

Copyright. It's a bitch, ain't it Amy.

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

sacha wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:
If it makes you feel *any* better, I do the same but when I'm angry. Sad? Nah. Frustrated? Nah - I have 3 teen-aged kids. But angry? You bet. And the vicious cycle is when I cry, I get more angry which turns on more waterworks.
that is dreadful.
It's a by-product of taking anger management classes ala the Army years ago, I think. I used to internalize, get nearly molten, and give myself ulcers. I'm not very good with speech when angry and I've been told to "vocalize my anger" as best I can. It ain't happenin'. So, my body reacts by crying. Pisses me off as all I can hear in my head is "that's it, cry like a little girl".

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Good for you Tigzy.
We all know how much SurlyAmy (who kicks ass on a daily basis) loves defending copyright herself so I'm sure she will understand.

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

sacha wrote:
Dick Strawkins wrote:
I've watched the video and read the article about this app and I don't quite see why it's such a big problem, at least not as big a problem as is being suggested in that video.
John the other seems to be taking a worst case scenario whereas it isn't clear that this is either the intention or even possible with the finished app (I don't think it's been released yet.)
The worry is that women might make false claims against men?
Doesn't that happen already? Is the app the equivalent of a payphone for anonymously ringing the police or is the person making the accusation traceable? It's really not clear.
The intention seems to be for women to easily report minor incidences of harrassment so that the police can see whether a pattern is present (for instance identifying if there is somebody who hangs about a particular location and follows women)
What's the problem with that?
The way that John the other talked about it he made it sound like women could automatically add someone to the local sex offender register!
The app makes reporting like a game, far too easy to abuse. The majority of women who would use it, are either seeing "creepy" men everywhere, and are paranoid, or will use it to be vindictive.
One may have second thoughts about crying wolf if they need to report it to a police officer.
I can *definitely* see it being abused. And for exactly the reason you state, Sacha.

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

Tigzy wrote:
Altair wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote: Oh, and to be fair - nothing says she was selling them and I've never been to see one of her seller booths. She can make them for fun and not profit.
I agree, I concluded she was selling them because the latest tweet said the Rovio guys were angry at her, but I also don't know for sure. I have seen the pictures showing her jewelry with PacMan characters, so it appears she's not aware that she could be breaking the law by using those designs.
The PacMan necklace has since disappeared from her Etsy shop. It's possible she could have received a C&D notice from NamcoBandai, because:

a): She still list items which were sold on her Etsy shop, and doesn't delete them - eg: http://www.etsy.com/listing/105514237/c ... in-red-and

b): It was me who grassed her up to NamcoBandai anyway. What can I say? I love my Tekken games and feel protective towards NamcoBandai. In fact, I reckon all the years and effort I've put into playing various incarnations of Tekken would be enough to make me a dan grade if I'd actually spent an equivalent amount of time and effort in practising a real martial art.

Oh, I also see that the IDIC necklace has disappeared too. Hell, that could even be down to me dobbing her in to CBS as well :lol:

This is why I've made things *very* clear to my Middle Gal. She adores drawing characters from Cartoon Network as well as several Japanese comics/cartoons (I won't even try to say what they are/where they're from - if interested, check http://cutemooshi.com) and puts them online for people to see. She's in the midst of finding out which places are ok with her drawing for profit (Cartoon Network is off the table, of course). But she's becoming very aware of copyright and what you can and cannot do.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Tony Parsehole wrote:Good for you Tigzy.
We all know how much SurlyAmy (who kicks ass on a daily basis) loves defending copyright herself so I'm sure she will understand.
Well, my primary motivation for being such a snidey little grass was her DMCAing Justin Vacula. If she's gonna get all hoity-toity about copyright infringements, then she can take the rough with the smooth as far as I'm concerned. If she'd have left it alone, it wouldn't have crossed my mind to alert the various copyright holders of properties Amy was making a buck off. Course, I'm only guessing she received some C&D orders - she could have deleted the items simply because she could see the flak she was getting for it on twitter etc. But who knows.

In any case, considering she always goes to great pains to point out that she is an artist, hopefully it'll wake her up to the fact that she at least needs to start being fuckin original in her efforts.

Altair

Post by Altair »

ReneeHendricks wrote:
sacha wrote: The app makes reporting like a game, far too easy to abuse. The majority of women who would use it, are either seeing "creepy" men everywhere, and are paranoid, or will use it to be vindictive.
I can *definitely* see it being abused. And for exactly the reason you state, Sacha.
I agree, there are almost no repercussions for false reports and accusations already, so add anonymity to the mix and you'll get a lot of women who would use it as a tool of anger and revenge.

"You want to break up with me? Well, let's see how you like being reported as a harasser/sex offender"

Note: I'm not implying that all women think/react like that, but the ones more prone to using that app will.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Tigzy wrote: If she'd have left it alone, it wouldn't have crossed my mind to alert the various copyright holders of properties Amy was making a buck off.
My thoughts exactly. Glass houses and stones come to mind.

welch

Post by welch »

Altair wrote:
Not making a profit or even giving them away doesn't mean it's fair use.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

ReneeHendricks wrote:
sacha wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:
that is dreadful.
It's a by-product of taking anger management classes ala the Army years ago, I think. I used to internalize, get nearly molten, and give myself ulcers. I'm not very good with speech when angry and I've been told to "vocalize my anger" as best I can. It ain't happenin'. So, my body reacts by crying. Pisses me off as all I can hear in my head is "that's it, cry like a little girl".
Personally, I think one of the worst ideas to come out of pop psychology has been to train a generation to "express your anger", which is the bastard cousin of "keeping it real". Many people walking around think if they don't express every random tactless fucking thought that pops into their head, including their displeasure, that they are somehow unauthentic, whatever the fuck that means.

We have a generation of people who are learning their conflict resolution skils from reality TV.

sacha

Post by sacha »

BarnOwl wrote:Not sleeping well lately, so I decided to have a beer with dinner this evening for mellowing purposes (alcohol makes me fall asleep loooong before I can get really drunk). Beer selection tonight = Doggie Style Classic Pale Ale from Flying Dog Brewery. They also make a Belgian-style IPA called Raging Bitch. Didn't see any of that at the grocery store - else I would have bought some.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz. G'nite, SlymePit.
my Vintage Flying Dog collectable:
vintage_doggie.jpg
(82.24 KiB) Downloaded 137 times

Dilurk

Post by Dilurk »

Looks like Surly has cleaned up her offerings. I would not call it art but I can't help liking this piece:
http://img2.etsystatic.com/008/0/518569 ... 6_h0y8.jpg
I do macro (insect) photography and I happen to like Dragonflies.

So. Seeing as some of the FtB read the slymepit, I will offer to buy this piece, possibly others pieces and to promote actively her work here with one proviso.

If Surly Amy publicly apologises to Justin Vacula with a full apology for the misplaced DMCA you will have at least one order. You can dox me that way if you want. So how about it?

sacha

Post by sacha »

Lovetinkle wrote:She's nothing like PZ. Chrys is really quite a decent person.

hahaha!

Dilurk

Post by Dilurk »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
Tigzy wrote: If she'd have left it alone, it wouldn't have crossed my mind to alert the various copyright holders of properties Amy was making a buck off.
My thoughts exactly. Glass houses and stones come to mind.
I don't hold grudges. Life is way too short

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Tigzy wrote:Copyright. It's a bitch, ain't it Amy.
I seriously wish I'd pointed that out during the whole Justin Vacula DMCA kerfuffle. Why didn't I do that? It's so obvious; here's a chick (Skepchick) crying her eyes out about copyright, even going so far as to DMCA people, when she's been making a profit selling necklaces with Pacman on them. What the fuck is that? It's ludicruous. Meh.

Also, that blog "Josh's blog" is not Josh the Spokesgay, is it? Can't be. No way would he be that accomodating to new information from the so-called "enemy." If it is, then it's like he goes through a transformation whenever he's on FTB or wherever else.

sacha

Post by sacha »

Lovetinkle wrote:
franc wrote:
Lovetinkle wrote:She's nothing like PZ. Chrys is really quite a decent person.
All that says is she has not identified any short term gains in pissing on your corpse.

Perhaps.

Or maybe it suggests that I have a life outside of getting even with the fat chick with the built up heel who dumped me when I was 16.

'tinkle
oh, sweetie, seriously?

Perhaps you are just a dreadful judge of character. Franc was too, I warned him numerous times about Chrys/Krusty, but he said something similar to "Chrys is really quite a decent person.".

She is the epitome of the woman who makes sure to have the false accusation app on her mobile.

Go ahead - tell me I'm just jealous

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

ReneeHendricks wrote:This is why I've made things *very* clear to my Middle Gal. She adores drawing characters from Cartoon Network as well as several Japanese comics/cartoons (I won't even try to say what they are/where they're from - if interested, check http://cutemooshi.com) and puts them online for people to see. She's in the midst of finding out which places are ok with her drawing for profit (Cartoon Network is off the table, of course). But she's becoming very aware of copyright and what you can and cannot do.
Look at you, being all responsible and shit. ;)

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Mykeru wrote: This is why she will eventually transition to some other organization where she can be fat and old and bitter and bitch about her objectification. Hopefully Jezebel will be hiring.
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/ ... 323707.jpg

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Tigzy wrote: The PacMan necklace has since disappeared from her Etsy shop. It's possible she could have received a C&D notice from NamcoBandai, because:

It's a poor blaster that points only one way...

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Tony Parsehole wrote: My thoughts exactly. Glass houses and stones come to mind.
[youtube]nCQGQ5qBQTA[/youtube]

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Avenue Q seems to be making the rounds a lot lately regarding FTB. I wonder why that is?

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Oops! Shtill shome confushion about the Skepticon attendance numbers on the part of...skepticon.

Earlier, the estimate was 1400-1600. Now its:
William William ‏@nenun

@RichSandersen @pzmyers @rebeccawatson As a Skepticon organizer, I can tell you att. on Friday alone was above 700. Overall was 1100-1200.
https://twitter.com/nenun/status/269066247314997248

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Big Bandai fan here:

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo35 ... G_6906.jpg

VF-1 Valkyrie and VF-25 Messiah, From Macross and Macross Frontier. VF-25 was about 600 pieces to assemble, the bastard! But She's a beauty.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

BWAAAAHAAAHAAA! Check out this comment in the Crommunist thread.
abear says:
November 15, 2012 at 9:12 pm

HG; You are obviously a paleface. When are you going to stop your trespassing on Turtle Island and head back to Europe?
http://freethoughtblogs.com/crommunist/ ... ment-96550

Some funny shit over there.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Oh fuck, format problems.

Right click and open image in new tab.

Al Stefanelli

Post by Al Stefanelli »

Mykeru wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
This josh seems like a good sport. After my comment there:
Update: although the schadenfreude around McCreight still stands, it's been brought to my attention (see comments) that he posted the information to prove that a DMCA complaint wasn't done to obtain her address, as it is already available as a matter of public record. It was still a dumb thing to do, which he has apparently acknowledged, but doing something that's dumb is not the same thing as doing something that's malicious.
That's a +1 for Josh, IMHO.
Yup, there's one person I will take a bit more seriously. It's not so much that he admitted error -- if you can call it an error -- but that he obviously gets nuance.

He's exactly right. Justin Fucking Vacula wasn't being malicious, just kind of naive. When he posted info in the context of trying to make some other point, he wasn't thinking the next obvious crazy step ahead, which was people screaming "OMFG DOXX!1!!!".

Josh gets points for seeing that someone being wrong doesn't mean they were wrong in the way the overwrought narrative portrays it.
I put my two cents in the comment section...

real horrorshow

Post by real horrorshow »

Dilurk wrote: I do macro (insect) photography and I happen to like Dragonflies.

So. Seeing as some of the FtB read the slymepit, I will offer to buy this piece, possibly others pieces and to promote actively her work here with one proviso.

If Surly Amy publicly apologises to Justin Vacula with a full apology for the misplaced DMCA you will have at least one order. You can dox me that way if you want. So how about it?
I think it was Barn Owl who linked to http://www.skullsunlimited.com/ who have loads of cool stuff like this:
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8210/8191 ... 92b893.jpg
A damn sight cheaper than Surly-Ramics too, for the jewelry.

Outwest

Post by Outwest »

It would've been nice had Josh done a *little* research before posting FfTB "talking points". that several of you had to correct him on basically everything he wrote about is amusing.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Tony Parsehole wrote:BWAAAAHAAAHAAA! Check out this comment in the Crommunist thread.
abear says:
November 15, 2012 at 9:12 pm

HG; You are obviously a paleface. When are you going to stop your trespassing on Turtle Island and head back to Europe?
http://freethoughtblogs.com/crommunist/ ... ment-96550

Some funny shit over there.
It's a hoot, ain't it? I particularly like this one from Hannanibal:
A “two-spirit” living on “Turtle Island”. Sounds like something the Japanese forgot to animate.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Al Stefanelli wrote:
Yeah,j I know, it's what I answered to. It's like, we're tots blog comment buddies now, what with our assorted fedoras and hypster glasses and shit.

On a more serious note, it's nice to see people such as Josh tacking in new information to correct their narative, even though, as Outwest just pointed out, it would have been nicer if they had done a bit of research before posting such an acrimonious piece.

Well, we live and learn...

Dilurk

Post by Dilurk »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Al Stefanelli wrote:
Yeah,j I know, it's what I answered to. It's like, we're tots blog comment buddies now, what with our assorted fedoras and hypster glasses and shit.

On a more serious note, it's nice to see people such as Josh tacking in new information to correct their narative, even though, as Outwest just pointed out, it would have been nicer if they had done a bit of research before posting such an acrimonious piece.

Well, we live and learn...
The "other" side has been very loud. It's sad that we even have to talk about "sides".

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Hey! I didn't even said "side" in my comment! :evil:

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Halffish is editing everybody's comments on the thread to say the are furious masturbators and drink piss. Not even joking go check it out.

Nice one Crom. Your friend is a fucking loon.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Brilliant. Crom has decided to censor my comments. (By editing them.)

I responded back, though. (The "fez' are cool" comment is mine.)

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Pitchguest wrote:Brilliant. Crom has decided to censor my comments. (By editing them.)

DA FUCK?!?

Was that your posting or Crom's editing?
I drink my own pee. Not because I have to. Not even because I want to. Because it’s the only way people will pay attention to me. I’m very sad.
If it was yours, cool, I just won't french kiss you anytime soon. If it's Crom, well, it does border on slander...

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

sacha wrote:
BarnOwl wrote:Not sleeping well lately, so I decided to have a beer with dinner this evening for mellowing purposes (alcohol makes me fall asleep loooong before I can get really drunk). Beer selection tonight = Doggie Style Classic Pale Ale from Flying Dog Brewery. They also make a Belgian-style IPA called Raging Bitch. Didn't see any of that at the grocery store - else I would have bought some.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz. G'nite, SlymePit.
my Vintage Flying Dog collectable:
vintage_doggie.jpg
This was lurking on my phone. Took a picture as I knew it would come in handy some day:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8062/8191 ... 847e_z.jpg

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Yeah I saw that. Could be HalfFish but whatever, it's Crom's blog and Crom is a fucking dick for allowing it. End of story.

This just in. Crommunist said: "I hate all gays and two spirits. Fucking faggot bastards I would kill them all if I could". Wow Crommunist is a total homophobe!*

HalfFisch Just said: I abuse goats and dogs in my free time". That's really perverted and illegal shit from HalfFissch.*

*Two can play at that game. Fucking cunts.

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

mutleyeng wrote:
d4m10n wrote:She did not, to my recollection use the phrase "rape culture" but rather talked about how women are in inculturated to fear both being raped and taking the blame for it.
I would characterise her talk as anti-science.
It was like a creationist dispelling the myth that the Earth is more than 6000 yrs old.
I exaggerate - but not by much
Since people came away from the talk with the impression that the entire field of evo-psych is nothing but just-so stories layered on top of inculturated gender roles, yeah, it's anti-science. I would have been impressed if she had taken on the scientifically testable claims from the field, instead of just the drek pop bits of it.

Scientific skepticism needs a new poster girl.

Dilurk

Post by Dilurk »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Hey! I didn't even said "side" in my comment! :evil:
I've been careful not to claim a side for myself. As I have said enough time before, at least enough times to get vilified here, I examine propositions one by one. I refuse to give blanket acceptance of claims until I examine them. Sorry, it's just the way my mind works. That said, I have seen viewpoints from "feminists" I will agree to, viewpoints from "MRAs'" I will accept. I am willing to accept some things said by some FtB'ers as correct or at least partially correct. If only the real world could accept that is going to be the case for any Free Thinker, we'd have an easier time politely calling each other shitheads.

And yes, I apply that to the way I vote:

“Politicians are like diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason.” ― Mark Twain

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Pitchguest wrote:Brilliant. Crom has decided to censor my comments. (By editing them.)

DA FUCK?!?

I drink my own pee. Not because I have to. Not even because I want to. Because it’s the only way people will pay attention to me. I’m very sad.
If it was yours, cool, I just won't french kiss you anytime soon. If it's Crom, well, it does border on slander...

Crom edited it and yes it is slander. I think he was responding to somebody saying turtle Island sounded like a Japanese animation and it changed to the "I drink piss comment". Reeks of Halffisch.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

d4m10n wrote:
Scientific skepticism needs a new poster girl.
ABBIE ABBIE MARIA MARIA SACHA SACHA RAYSHUL RAYSHUL and all the others, but I think Abbie might be the more qualified right now (not enough infos on the others, may have to DMCA and doc drop just to be sure...)

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Can we get it screen capped?

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

All the negative comments on that Crommunist thread are being edited! HAHAHAHA!
Literally edited from "I disagree with X" to "I drink piss"
The idiots. Yeah, that's how you get people to agree with you. Change the actual text of any negative comment to say " I suk dix lololololol". So mature. Such scepticism and critical thinking.
Crommunist. You are officially a Kool Aid addict.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:

DA FUCK?!?

That's Crom's editing. The only comment I've made after that is the "fez' are cool" one. Yeah, slander. One more for the books?

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Lsuoma wrote:Can we get it screen capped?
I can't on this computer dude. Pitchguest's comments were nearly all changed. I was reading it, refreshed the page and there they were. All changed completely.
There is one from Hannibal saying "nobody likes me, I don't even like me" and that one seems to have just appeared out of the blue so it looks like he isn'teven editing them but actually making them up. :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

Clearly I am missing some fun stuff this morning! At doctor with oldest.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Angry_Drunk

Post by Angry_Drunk »

Someone's non-urine-imbibing privilege is showing.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Crommunist was always an asshole.
Remember when he got into a twitter argument with someone a couple of months back. The other guy kept asking him to answer some question that Crommunist was determinedly avoiding but wasn't being let off the hook. In the end Crommunist just called him a "white supremicist" and blocked him (the argument had nothing to do with race).
Also remember his reasoning for Thunderfoot getting fired - "Thunderfoot was a shit writer" - and that's from someone who's invited half-fishy to contribute guest posts!
And his reasoning of why Schrödingers rapist argument could never be applied in a racist way (Schrödingers black mugger) because fuck off.
Why expect any difference now.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

I'm an idiot for not screencapping this shit.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Pitchguest wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:

DA FUCK?!?

That's Crom's editing. The only comment I've made after that is the "fez' are cool" one. Yeah, slander. One more for the books?
Eh, so we're the puerils one, then?

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Tony Parsehole wrote:Proof. It is halffisch.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/crommunist/ ... ment-97255
No, it's Crommunist himself.
HaifischGeweint says:
November 16, 2012 at 6:27 pm

As per what you actually wrote, hannanibal, when you actually give an argument for your dissent instead of just misdirected anger or whatever is driving your input here, maybe then your comments won’t get edited.

Crommunist says:
November 16, 2012 at 6:29 pm

No, they probably still will. I’m out of patience with these fucks.