Back to Conspiratoria

Service Dog

Re: Back to Conspiratoria

Post by Service Dog »

My brothers' wife just left him. They met in college & he was grateful that she enjoyed rock climbing, hiking, serious camping. (I recall him being bothered that other girls don't like to "do stuff".)

But-- she pulled a bait&switch-- she's actually very regimented & robotic. College was "time for" hanging-out & having-fun. After that she was methodical about her 6a.m. run, followed by a most-logical-path bike ride to work, thenI'm At Work/ No Time For Fun And Games. She's a computer chip designer with a does-not-share-the-details govt job... so I assume she's building drones to attack muslim weddings and a driveway full of kids in Afghanistan.

My brother wears Hawaiian shirts & likes being the 'fun' professor-- taking University students on nature hikes-- and he has a loosey-goosey work ethic. He would write a book on the architecture of roller-coasters, if that allowed him to spend a year visiting obscure amusement parks. When wifey announced she was leaving-- there was no discussion, no attempt to 'work on' their problems, no explanations, no I-don't-really-mean-it gamesmanship. I imagine a little slot opened-up & she ejected an IBM punch card with her final calculation. They have a kid, just entering school. So custody & money have to be worked-out. But there's no advantage in her playing hardball-- she makes more money & my brother does more touchy-feely parenting... so she'd fare poorly if a family-court formula were applied to custody & child-support. So far-- their split seems quick&clean.

Despite the aloha shirts, Bro is rather uptight about politics. He was jolly-as-fuck when it was Al Franken, Michael Moore, Jon Stewart pwning "the Republicans". But, after a long download about the divorce, Bro turned-into a little bitch on the phone last night-- when I mentioned Desantis' Martha's Vineyard prank. Bro couldn't bring-himself to *admit* that Destanis won the propaganda victory, this time. Bro claimed that Desantis & his underlings are in 'serious legal trouble' for enticing the Venezuelans to the Vineyard-- using "fake" tourism pamphlets, which didn't-even have the correct state-flag for Massachusetts. :o (Sounds to me like he's been listening to some lefty journalists grasping-at-straws... getting high on "Cope-ium", to numb the butthurt).

And that's what's on my mind: Red team and Blue team are so obsessed with defeating each-other... that the individual low-level 'base' of supporters... MIGHT prioritize winning-at-all-costs/ at the expense of their Other Sensibilities. Or... they MIGHT NOT sacrifice those other sensibilities-- things which comprise their worldview. Many progressives/lefties/democrats feel strongly that Wealthy Fatcats don't have their best-interests at-heart. Bernie Sanders or Elizabeth Warren could rouse class-war against Martha' Vineyard, with little effort.

So-- is my brother an isolated anecdote-- or are a preponderance of left-leaners gonna choose Blue Team loyalty over the foundational building-blocks of their own ideology? (Notions about rich vs. poor, 'corporations', diversity, anti-racism etc.) In the past-- the Blue Team DID make that choice... in the form of letting Hillary Clinton sacrifice everything they were supposed-to stand-for, to serve her personal ascent. Maybe Trump is a big-enough boogeyman to keep them choosing their Team over their individual interests. Maybe-not.

I can't help but think my brother's stubborn head-in-the-sand political worldview mirrors his marriage failing. Refusal to 'read the writing on the wall' left him unable to make adjustments, until it was too late. I don't like his wife, so I'm not sad to see her go. And-- I must admit-- that I think bro is overdue for a reality-check. Part of me doesn't want to spare him getting a little beat-up by life, to knock some sense into him. Which is dangerously-close to spite. And he might push me away-- if I reek of schadenfreude.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Minor Attracted President

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

:hankey: :hankey: :hankey: TRIPLETS!

https://citizenfreepress.com/wp-content ... t-baby.jpg

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Biden vows to defeat the RNA:

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

This version is browse-able, without logging-in to a twitter account:

https://nitter.net/citizens_sanity

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Every
Two
Months
now:

https://media.patriots.win/post/8dkDWmycIJ8y.png

Last night's divorce conversation with my brother left me with a slowly-accruing weight of sadness.

Two years ago, his university announced a no-exceptions vaccine mandate...

and then immediately backed-down from that position, as they hadn't considered all the nuances.

One example: What-if unvaccinated minority-race students are turned-away from 'getting an education' at a disproportionate rate?

My brother's response was hair-trigger raised-voice red-face no-discussion outrage: Fuck 'Em! And fuck the religious exemptions & everything else!

I count him & other family members-- among the MILLIONS who really don't fathom...

what they did, when they banned us from restaurants. Fired us from jobs, kicked us out of schools.

Same with their refusal to admit the kernel of legitimacy-- in those who sincerely-think Trump & MAGA politicians-- are a better option than Biden or the anti-Trump factions of the GOP. (That kernel is described in the link in my 'sig, below.)

They really-don't comprehend how destructive it is-- to Not Care if the FBI, Facebook, Woke HR departments, Google, etc. --selectively discriminate and censor and rulebreak against people who refuse to join the Dem/Corporate/Woke/Progressive hivemind.

Usually, I think of extended-family as a mixed-blessing: it would be nice to have their support & lifelong reliability/ but they could also be limiting, smothering. Tonite, tho, I'm viscerally feeling the loss.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Service Dog wrote:
This version is browse-able, without logging-in to a twitter account:

https://nitter.net/citizens_sanity
https://forsanity.org

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Service Dog wrote: e?

My brother's response was hair-trigger raised-voice red-face no-discussion outrage: Fuck 'Em! And fuck the religious exemptions & everything else!

I count him & other family members-- among the MILLIONS who really don't fathom...

what they did, when they banned us from restaurants. Fired us from jobs, kicked us out of schools.

[....]

They really-don't comprehend how destructive it is-- to Not Care if the FBI, Facebook, Woke HR departments, Google, etc. --selectively discriminate and censor and rulebreak against people who refuse to join the Dem/Corporate/Woke/Progressive hivemind.
I've come to the realization that what we are experiencing is a Great Rift between individualism vs. collectivism. Covid brought it to the surface, but it's been brewing for some time. The West (communist states aside), America especially, have traditionally been individualist societies, Asia & Africa collectivist. But the leftist elite have, over the years, gradually adopted a collectivist worldview, ( in theory if not in personal, venal practice.) Since they never interact intellectually with anyone outside their bubble, they just assumed we'd either switched to, or always had, collectivism. Leftists like Kamala left no doubt when they hectored everyone to mask up & get jabbed "for the good of the collective." I'll never forget how our county's asst health director explained that when we wear masks, it's not to protect ourselves but to "show I care about you, and you show you care about me." That was unscientific bullshit, of course, but just the concept of someone taking personal responsibility for their own health was anathema to their collectivism.

I believe the same dynamic is behind the increasingly strident & unhinged anti-gun movement -- taking personal responsibility for your own safety is unthinkable to them. How dare you risk others by carrying a death machine in your pants?

The clash is getting uglier by the day, and will not end well.

cf.
https://www.afsusa.org/study-abroad/cul ... lectivism/

https://www.verywellmind.com/what-are-c ... es-2794962`

https://www.researchgate.net/publicatio ... Psychology

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

wearing is caring.jpg
(33.06 KiB) Downloaded 202 times

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: individualism vs. collectivism
Thanks for offering this, because I've become too locked-in to my usual set of assumptions and conclusions.

I vs. C dovetails with similar ideas I subscribe to-- such-as Jordan Peterson talking about the Motherly 'everyone is welcome in this house* (*until they're not)' vs. the Fatherly 'you stay on your side of the fence/ I'll stay on mine.'

But-- despite my initial reaction being to agree with your thesis-- my contrarian brain also disputes it.

Aren't the patriotic boomers-- despite their individualistic rhetoric-- in-favor of a pledge of allegiance collectivism?

Aren't the free-marijuana-and-only-fans-lap-dances-for-kids continent... waaaay out on the Me me me individualistic fringe/ with no regard for collective harm?

I'm not saying your thesis is wrong & my kneejerk but-but-but is right. I'm just saying you shook-loose some new questions in my head.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

I shared this with a few family and friends on failbook. Imagine my horror when the expected mockery didn't arrive but was replaced by comments about understanding, empathy and expressions of love.

I need new family and friends - these ones are broken.

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

Sad to see Steersman is on another timeout from the International Sceptics. Be <clap> a <clap> better <clap> sceptic <clap> Steersman! It's current year! Sort yourself out!!!!

Maybe you are lacking a proper role model or what a sceptic can be, and should be:

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Service Dog wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: But-- despite my initial reaction being to agree with your thesis-- my contrarian brain also disputes it.
You're such an individualist, you're chary to collectively agree with even one other person! :lol:

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

And I must be a closet collectivist, to meld our quotes into one.

Either that, or the coffee's still brewing.

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

Service Dog wrote: Aren't the patriotic boomers-- despite their individualistic rhetoric-- in-favor of a pledge of allegiance collectivism?
Is the key issue collectivism vs individualism? It kind of seems to me that the libertarians have the invisible hand of the market, and the woke have the privilege stack, lived experience and all the rest. The woke think we are corrupted by society and have to have that corruption washed away before we can be free. Both of them have this idea that in some sense freedom is the natural state of man, and that we can all live our best life simultaneously if only somehow we all buy into their vision. This feels more like the uniting assumption of the boomers to me. That there aren't hard choices to be made. That if only we will commit to some version of John Lennon's Imagine, that some kind of global utopia is possible.... and billions of people won't have to starve to achieve it.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

fafnir wrote:
Service Dog wrote: Aren't the patriotic boomers-- despite their individualistic rhetoric-- in-favor of a pledge of allegiance collectivism?
Is the key issue collectivism vs individualism? It kind of seems to me that the libertarians have the invisible hand of the market, and the woke have the privilege stack, lived experience and all the rest. The woke think we are corrupted by society and have to have that corruption washed away before we can be free. Both of them have this idea that in some sense freedom is the natural state of man, and that we can all live our best life simultaneously if only somehow we all buy into their vision. This feels more like the uniting assumption of the boomers to me. That there aren't hard choices to be made. That if only we will commit to some version of John Lennon's Imagine, that some kind of global utopia is possible.... and billions of people won't have to starve to achieve it.
Libertarians believe that Man only need to be freed from all restraints, Marxists, that Man only need be molded by the proper restraints, for Man to realize his natural state of Good. Both ideologies share in common the Rousseauian delusion as to human nature. The Founders & Framers recognized all the pitfalls of human nature, and devised a system that allowed for the maximum of individual freedom while checking the excesses of both mob and personal passions.

FTR, political libertarianism /= either individualism or civil libertarianism. (And Randian Objectivism is merely sociopathy cloaked in the guise of political philosophy.)

FTR, the concept of freedom as the natural state of Man traces back at least to Hobbes. The Founders & Framers were most influenced by the concept as espoused by Locke.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

fafnir wrote:
I watch guitar-nerd stuff on youtube. 'JHS' is a guy who collects rare effects pedals. He also employs 40+ people in his eponymous pedal factory. His youtube channel is great.

A recent episode was not-so-great. It featured a stubby neckbeard from Portland-- a prolific logo designer who peddles-himself as a 'design guru'. He exudes Patton Oswald's bitter beta-dweeb flavor. Mixed-with the pretense of cork-sniffing middlebrow typography nerds. And nostalgia for vintage Portland music and vintage Portland politics.

For example, he is the designer of a typeface called "Biden Bold", shown on this poster-- which he designed. What a putz!

He is exactly the kind of chubby manlet (a... manwich?) who still simps-for Rebecca Watson in 2022.

And he's exactly the kind of #influencer... who Rebecca Watson simps-for in 2022. (Take that-- Surly Amy!!!)

If you click-on the video, the Space Shuttle poster behind Rebeccunt is by that same-guy.

I'm willing-to-bet the "RW" logo in the lower corner of the screen... is either :

1. designed by-him, and gifted-- as a token of his PZ-like lust for her stale, droopy grunge pose.

or

2. She may-have subscribed to his Skillshare online course (because of-course she would) which promises to teach the secrets of [predictable early-2000s snowboard/rave-flyer] graphic design... while guiding you to design your very-own logo. (How irresistible to a narcissist snob.)

https://archive.ph/wip/7x42V

free thoughtpolice

Code: Select all

[img]https://phraseit.net/show/gt9chs[/img]

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

You're getting closer. You got the img brackets right. But your link is to the entire web page, not the specific image.

The image url will end in .jpg or .png or .gif or such.

On a Mac, you can leave your cursor arrow over the image & hold "Control" & tap the trackpad once. A menu will appear-- & you can click-on "Open Image in new tab"... and *that* tab will have the image url... to put between the img brackets.

https://phraseit.net/image/rendered/gt9chs.jpg

free thoughtpolice

I still can't get the fucker figured out. I can get the pictures on to my photo file, but then can't get them to copy.
My computer is buggy and I've been to loazy to take it in to get exorcised so that could possibly be a problem. I've had some problem transferring some of my photos that have been edited even though they show on my photos and have an apparently correct file name.
Later I'll try something else, maybe a different balloon generator

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Service Dog wrote:
For example, he is the designer of a typeface called "Biden Bold", shown on this poster-- which he designed. What a putz!

It's fucking design by ColorForms™.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Service Dog wrote: as a token of his PZ-like lust for her stale, droopy grunge pose.
I read that as a slightly different word first time around.

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Service Dog wrote: as a token of his PZ-like lust for her stale, droopy grunge pose.
I read that as a slightly different word first time around.
I read it as "grunge post" and assumed it was like a debauched version of a cats scratching post.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

"...less than $2.99..."

AAA.com, updated daily:

State Regular Mid-grade Premium Diesel
Alaska $4.726 $4.839 $5.068 $5.131
Alabama $3.226 $3.611 $3.982 $4.682
Arkansas $3.244 $3.591 $3.939 $4.634
Arizona $4.090 $4.366 $4.634 $4.903
California $5.682 $5.829 $5.988 $6.285
Colorado $3.752 $4.090 $4.388 $4.692
Connecticut $3.369 $3.939 $4.332 $5.017
District of Columbia $3.752 $4.369 $4.746 $4.953
Delaware $3.329 $3.813 $4.078 $4.662
Florida $3.372 $3.776 $4.096 $4.699
Georgia $3.126 $3.525 $3.895 $4.603
Hawaii $5.242 $5.483 $5.716 $6.109
Iowa $3.629 $3.867 $4.355 $4.730
Idaho $4.414 $4.613 $4.845 $5.016
Illinois $3.942 $4.413 $4.808 $5.087
Indiana $3.800 $4.214 $4.590 $5.202
Kansas $3.435 $3.724 $4.024 $4.681
Kentucky $3.254 $3.652 $3.999 $4.793
Louisiana $3.129 $3.504 $3.872 $4.540
Massachusetts $3.600 $4.175 $4.466 $4.952
Maryland $3.460 $3.985 $4.275 $4.723
Maine $3.611 $4.013 $4.366 $4.996
Michigan $3.890 $4.284 $4.702 $5.300
Minnesota $3.692 $3.997 $4.377 $4.910
Missouri $3.377 $3.654 $3.978 $4.680
Mississippi $3.084 $3.455 $3.811 $4.542
Montana $3.950 $4.232 $4.500 $4.889
North Carolina $3.343 $3.725 $4.074 $4.676
North Dakota $3.713 $4.030 $4.390 $4.739
Nebraska $3.625 $3.826 $4.268 $4.745
New Hampshire $3.517 $4.039 $4.391 $4.848
New Jersey $3.513 $4.112 $4.379 $4.831
New Mexico $3.684 $4.010 $4.285 $4.737
Nevada $5.024 $5.235 $5.448 $5.189
New York $3.698 $4.184 $4.523 $5.073
Ohio $3.502 $3.889 $4.257 $5.021
Oklahoma $3.495 $3.783 $4.027 $4.568
Oregon $4.910 $4.981 $5.213 $5.461
Pennsylvania $3.815 $4.196 $4.465 $5.045
Rhode Island $3.464 $4.086 $4.383 $4.843
South Carolina $3.226 $3.610 $3.956 $4.673
South Dakota $3.708 $3.847 $4.312 $4.716
Tennessee $3.189 $3.562 $3.921 $4.624
Texas $3.139 $3.528 $3.861 $4.480
Utah $4.206 $4.425 $4.618 $4.826
Virginia $3.363 $3.800 $4.113 $4.683
Vermont $3.744 $4.318 $4.727 $4.883
Washington $4.813 $4.974 $5.163 $5.459
Wisconsin $3.562 $3.898 $4.397 $4.743
West Virginia $3.485 $3.747 $4.018 $4.721
Wyoming $3.869 $4.078 $4.343 $4.839

https://gasprices.aaa.com/state-gas-price-averages/

free thoughtpolice

fish talk.PNG
(1.99 MiB) Downloaded 169 times
A sort of success using the snipping tool.

free thoughtpolice

A bizzare mutant cannabis plant It is a combination of cannabis sativa, indica, and ruderalis strains.
DSCN2253 (2).jpg
(1.29 MiB) Downloaded 167 times

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

“My daughter has seen everything from fornication, masturbation, defecation, urination, you name it, she has seen it. ... She is in this constant state of panic,” according to mom Katie Hamill, 43, whose 7-year-old daughter is being treated for anxiety.

The little girl gets upset when she sees “the dying people” — the junkies who look dead whom she thinks no one is helping, the mom said. And she sees far too much vile behavior from adults, including one addict trying to rip out his hair after getting high at a West 42nd Street playground.

“My kid asks me to move."

The city funneled thousands of homeless people to living in the area’s hotels. The move led to high-profile crimes including the brutal March 2021 beating of a Filipino-American woman walking to church allegedly at the hands of convicted killer Brandon Elliot, 38, who was living at a nearby hotel.

In late August, police charged Nickolas O’Keefe, 33, a shelter resident, with two unprovoked stabbing attacks including one targeting an ER nurse who was knifed in the back.

Exacerbating the qualify-of-life decline is state bail reform, which has caused the release of scores of dangerous accused criminals, as well as the decriminalization of drug paraphernalia which prompted the NYPD to stop detaining junkies shooting up in public.

Major crimes in all three precincts that cover Hell’s Kitchen are up this year, with the surge nearing 60 percent in Midtown North and South. Robberies are up 57% in Midtown South and 20% in Midtown North. There have been 10 murders so far this year in the three precincts, double the number during the same period in 2021.

Christine Capolupo, 38, a stay-at-home mom who lives in Hell’s Kitchen, and her father, Alex Vado, called police Wednesday when they saw a vagrant asleep on a bench at the Ramon Aponte Playground on West 47th Street near Ninth Avenue.

“It’s terrible especially like this street, in this vicinity, it’s gotten so freaking bad,” Capolupo said. “It’s like in broad daylight you see them shooting up and crazy stuff. It wasn’t like that. It was pretty decent, the neighborhood. I don’t know what’s going on.”

“My kid is like lunging and attached to me like she wants me to carry her and she is 8 years old. It’s not a way for anybody to live, especially kids,” said the stressed mama, who said her children don’t want to go outside."

A 43-year-old woman lifelong-resident recalled, “a lot of acts of violence when grew I up here.”

“But it was murderers murdering each other. They weren’t attacking innocent people walking in the street – women, kids, elderly,” she said. “It felt safer then.”

NY Post, 9/24/22

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

When your immune system is a subscription service...

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Service Dog wrote: “My daughter has seen everything from fornication, masturbation, defecation, urination, you name it, she has seen it. ...
Well, that's what happens when you party with Dave Silverman and Richard "Slimer" Carrier...

John D

Post by John D »

I enjoyed this.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Service Dog wrote: .

It's stunning how many otherwise intelligent people will tell you, with blank glassy eyes, that the vax is only intended to lessen the severity of the symptoms.

I want to say, 'Huh? Cuz I don't vaccinate my horses so they'll only get mild rabies.'

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Service Dog wrote: .

It's stunning how many otherwise intelligent people will tell you, with blank glassy eyes, that the vax is only intended to lessen the severity of the symptoms.

I want to say, 'Huh? Cuz I don't vaccinate my horses so they'll only get mild rabies.'
Speaking of treatments meant for horses, Biden voters will willingly take them to get high, but not to treat Covid:
https://apple.news/Az0FqxuS3Q1ynOCL_8KUJZA

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

More cover-goodness featuring the fairer sex. Top tune, brilliant rendition and an excellent channel!

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Quick tech question for all you PC guru types: Why can I no longer view the "comments" section of youtube? When I open a video and scroll down, instead of seeing the usual cess-pit of outrage and trolling, I'm presented with a scrollable list (a looong list) of thumbnails relating to other videos. My system went to sleep earlier (I was painting and listening to music) but when I opened it up again, my youtube seems to have gone a bit wonky.

I've searched the net but can't find anything other than delete cookies, clear cache, try incognito mode or a bunch of stuff related to the youtube android app. Tried everything, nothing worked.

Note: My youtube account is in good standing (miraculously) and all of the relevant check-boxes have been ticked.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

(useful suggestions, y'feckers!)

free thoughtpolice

Bhurzum wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:23 pm
Quick tech question for all you PC guru types: Why can I no longer view the "comments" section of youtube? When I open a video and scroll down, instead of seeing the usual cess-pit of outrage and trolling, I'm presented with a scrollable list (a looong list) of thumbnails relating to other videos. My system went to sleep earlier (I was painting and listening to music) but when I opened it up again, my youtube seems to have gone a bit wonky.

I've searched the net but can't find anything other than delete cookies, clear cache, try incognito mode or a bunch of stuff related to the youtube android app. Tried everything, nothing worked.

Note: My youtube account is in good standing (miraculously) and all of the relevant check-boxes have been ticked.

I had a youtube account that got disapearred that didn't make any sense. It happened around the same time my computer got hack.
I am locked out of adult content.
I( guess Satan)

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Yeah, maybe check whether you're in a restricted 'child' mode.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

mordacious1 wrote: Speaking of treatments meant for horses, Biden voters will willingly take them to get high, but not to treat Covid:
https://apple.news/Az0FqxuS3Q1ynOCL_8KUJZA
Ohhh, Rompun™. Equine dentists use that a lot as a sedative, but every 250 horses or so have the exact opposite reaction -- they freak out.

Reminds me of a story ...

I had this Warmblood/something cross gelding, "Max", sweetest boy, but he'd come from the auction and had been abused bad at some point. After a while, I declared him (on the spot, during a trail ride, rearing with a young intern in the saddle) unrideable. I'd vaccinate him by slowly walking up to him in the field, jabbing him in the neck, dodge the rear, then wait a week until he'd calmed down to do the second jab. Another time, he was quietly standing for the farrier, then after a long delay, cow-kicked the farrier into the wall when he'd turned his back. Something out of WWF. Otherwise, he was a puppy.

Anyway, dentist/vet is floating his teeth. We're in a stall and I've got his ass parked in the corner and he's still trying to back up or rear. He's so drowsy, I have to prop him up (did I mention he was a warmblood/cross?) yet he's still fighting and then clamped his jaws down the dentist's forearm. He extricates it, turns to me and says calmly, "I could give him another dose of sedative, but it'd kill him." I told the dentist to wrap things up.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Service Dog wrote: Yeah, maybe check whether you're in a restricted 'child' mode.
Already checked, matey.

I've been fiddling with my network settings (as per an obscure "fix" I found in the bowels of the web) and "flushing my DNS" appears to have semi-fixed it - I now have a shorter scrollable list of video thumbnails then, 50% of the time, I have a short "comments section" which I cannot add to.

Baby steps...

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

"Charles "Zeke" Goldblum was sentenced to life in prison for killing a man with garden shears in a parking garage in downtown Pittsburgh and later trying to hire a hitman to kill his accomplice in the brutal murder. As lieutenant governor of Pennsylvania, Senate hopeful John Fetterman voted to set Goldblum free in 2019 and said he was "happy" when the killer was released from prison last year.

Goldblum was convicted of first-degree murder in the 1976 killing of George Wilhelm as part of an insurance fraud cover-up. According to prosecutors, Goldblum and an accomplice, Clarence Miller, lured Wilhelm to a parking garage in Pittsburgh, where Goldblum stabbed the man 26 times. While out on bail, Goldblum tried to hire an undercover police officer to murder Miller, who had fingered Goldblum for the crime.

Goldblum, who has maintained his innocence, was poised to die in prison, having unsuccessfully appealed for clemency seven times. But in 2019, Pennsylvania's Board of Pardons, which Fetterman chairs, voted unanimously to release Goldblum from jail, overriding the wishes of Wilhelm’s family. To justify its decision, the board points to the judge and prosecutor on Wilhelm's case, who have since concluded he was the accomplice rather than the principal assailant.

But in 2007, a federal appeals court rejected Goldblum's request for an evidentiary hearing, writing, "there is just too much evidence here establishing Goldblum's guilt." Both judge and prosecutor have been vague about what information motivated their reversal, and no one has claimed Goldblum is innocent of the hitman charge." --Wash. Free Beacon

"Pennsylvania's Board of Pardons is no stranger to controversy. In 1992, board members voted to commute the sentence of serial killer Reginald McFadden. Within months of his release, McFadden killed two people and kidnapped and raped a third woman. The scandal prompted Pennsylvania voters to raise the board's approval standard from a majority vote to a unanimous one, a move that caused life-sentence commutations to plummet."

"Still, Fetterman cheered when Goldblum was released from jail last year, saying he was "happy that he’s going to be going home to his family" and that Goldblum was "not a threat to public safety." The commutation was part of Fetterman’s pledge to "transform" Pennsylvania’s pardon process and free more prisoners, a record the Democrat has touted on the campaign trail. Fetterman specifically points to his efforts to end life sentences for those who are involved in murders but did not directly "pull the trigger."

Yet Fetterman has also voted to free "triggermen" convicted of first-degree murder. Last year, he was the only member of the board to vote to release Wayne Covington, who pleaded guilty to first-degree murder for killing a man for money to buy heroin. That ordeal has already made its way into GOP ads that argue Fetterman is "too far left" and "dangerously liberal on crime," suggesting Fetterman's record as chair of the board may not be the winning issue he thinks it is.

Following his release from prison in 2021, Goldblum admitted he hired Miller to burn down a restaurant he owned in order to collect the insurance money. The pair went on to arrange a meeting with Wilhelm, who "knew of Goldblum's involvement in the land fraud scheme and the arson" and wanted a payment, according to federal court documents reviewed by the Washington Free Beacon. Wilhelm did not leave the meeting alive—he was stabbed 26 times while in a car with Goldblum and Miller, who "agreed to lie to the police in order to provide each with an alibi" and "left the scene together," court documents show.

While out on bond and awaiting trial, Goldblum concocted a "slay-for-pay plot" to kill Miller, who was expected to testify against Goldblum, the Pittsburgh Press reported in 1976. Goldblum, according to the Press, offered an undercover detective $2,000 to whack his co-conspirator but balked at the would-be assassin's request for payment in advance, stating, "I was burned on this before. I'm not fronting anyone." Goldblum has since acknowledged he "put a hit out on Miller," who court documents describe as "the Commonwealth's chief witness."

Goldblum has claimed he was merely a witness to Miller stabbing Wilhelm, who shortly before his death told a police officer "Clarence Miller did this to me." But prosecutors have argued that Goldblum’s attempt to hire a hitman to kill Miller indicated he was guilty of killing Wilhelm, and Wilhelm’s family members strongly opposed his release, insisting he is guilty of their relative’s murder.

"His claims of innocence have no merit," Wilhelm’s niece, Sandra Horton, told the Pennsylvania Capital-Star of Goldblum in 2019. "We thought [his life sentence] would be just that—a life sentence without the possibility of parole, and that he would be made to accept his role in George’s brutal death." Horton blamed Fetterman and Pennsylvania governor Tom Wolf (D.) for freeing the killer after his pardon application was denied seven times previously. "It’s Wolf and Fetterman," she said. "That’s how we got here. … The eighth time’s the charm."

Fetterman campaign spokesman Joe Calvello defended the Democrat's vote to free Goldblum, saying "John is proud of his work on the Board of Pardons giving second chances to non-violent offenders and the wrongfully convicted."

"Goldblum was wrongfully convicted and that is why John, along with every other member of the Board of Pardons, voted to recommend clemency," Calvello told the Free Beacon. "The judge and prosecutor that presided over his trial also came to this conclusion and advocated for his release."

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

The official Auschwitz twitter account operates in the fashion of a bot.

If 'Auschwitz' catches you-- comparing covid mandates, restrictions, prejudice, or demogoguery-- to how the Nazis treated Jews...

then Auschwitz replies with this cut&paste attack:

Auschwitz pointed that accusation at James Lindsay.

This was his reply:

On Friday, Alex Jones testified in court-- under interrogation by the plaintiffs' attorney.

The jury has already ruled against Alex Jones in this case: the current phase is to determine the amount of damage$.

I regard Alex Jones as at-least 3/4 nonsense. But some portion of that remaining 1/4-- is of value... including insights rarely-found elsewhere.

On Friday-- the plaintiff's attorney behaved with outrageous disregard for fair courtroom practices, and the judge-lady REPEATEDLY let the attorney get-away-with-it. When Alex Jones responded in-kind... with his own outrage... the attorney tried to claim a moral highground... bellowing that Jones should show respect to the court. Jones' own lawyer called-out that attorney & judge... for the hypocrisy of not-meeting their own standards of decorum... which they demand of Alex Jones. I think Jones & his lawyer's performance-- is an admirable example-- of how to make-the-best of an unwinnable situation.

I drew that conclusion based-on brief clips from Friday's testimony.

So I was glad to see that actual-lawyer Nick Rekieta saw it the same way I did:

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Giorgia Meloni, leader of Italy's center-right/populist coalition, is set to become Italy's first ever female prime minister, following Sunday's elections. You'd think this would be cause for joyous celebration, especially among feminists and assorted wokists. But no, all they can talk about is how Meloni will be the first far-right head of state since ... you guessed it, Mussolini. Oh, and how her party traces its roots back to a neo-fascist party in the 1950s. Kinda like how the Democrats in America can trace back to their segregationist members in the 1960s. But not, because It's Okay When We Did It™.

The success of Meloni's coalition is attributed largely to economic woes and the troubles caused by immigration. These were also the issues that recently catapulted the populist Sweden Democrats. These are also the top issues of concern to US voters.

Giorgia-Meloni.jpg
(39.89 KiB) Downloaded 67 times

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Last night, a couple blocks up & a few blocks over... 3 men shot a smoke shop worker.
https://abc7ny.com/lower-east-side-shoo ... /12267186/

this morning: several young 'spanish' kids in balaclavas, clinging to the top of the subway train, cameraphone-streaming, as it went aboveground, over the bridge.

noon: fat white woman in the pharmacy stuffing her bag with stolen merchandise & making high-pitched distress noises, while a hindu/paki security guard followed her, filming on phone.

now: copcar & ambulance sirens outside-- "man slashed with knife" at the grungy coffee shop where GF used-to work. Crime app commenter-- from the nearby housing projects-- sez the nearby walk-in clinic gives the junkies free needles, so they shoot-up & perch on the park benches next-to the grade school playground (next-to coffee shop). "Whatchu think gonna happen?!!! "We got to defend ourself"

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Service Dog wrote: If 'Auschwitz' catches you-- comparing covid mandates, restrictions, prejudice, or demogoguery-- to how the Nazis treated Jews...

then Auschwitz replies with this cut&paste attack:

Of course, it all started with accusing the Jews of being both disloyal and spreaders of disease. Then forcing Jews to wear little patches. Then having to show your heritage pass to enter certain venues. Then denying Jews the right to work in certain professions. Then denying the Jews certain rights & privileges. Then forcing Jews to pay special taxes & fees. Then confining Jews to restricted neighborhoods. Only after 7 years did it end with hauling Jews to death camps in cattle cars.

New Zealand had worked its way through most of that list by the time the covid panic bubble burst.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

I love it when an Italian woman gets feisty

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

I don't what language she uses, I'm ready to be ordered about and make her a sandwich!

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Bhurzum wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:23 pm

Now don't shoot me for a silly suggestion, but normally If you reduce the window size below a certain width you will see that the video list shifts from the right hand edge to a vertical list below the current vid. Perhaps related to your problem in some way? I would expect to see comments at the end of the video list and I would also expect to see a notification in place of comments if you were in restricted mode.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

If you were wondering about her name ...
(I'm more interested in her zucca.)

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Service Dog wrote: I regard Alex Jones as at-least 3/4 nonsense. But some portion of that remaining 1/4-- is of value...
I reckon there are probably other people for whom 25% is not a passing grade.

I guess the devil is in the details.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: Now don't shoot me for a silly suggestion, but normally If you reduce the window size below a certain width you will see that the video list shifts from the right hand edge to a vertical list below the current vid. Perhaps related to your problem in some way? I would expect to see comments at the end of the video list and I would also expect to see a notification in place of comments if you were in restricted mode.
Not at all, old chap - all advice is gratefully welcome.

However, I recruited one of my nephews (12 years old), he sat in front of my pc, told me to fetch him a cold drink and by the time I came back, he had "tweaked" my browser (without dumping my passwords, log-ins etc - it's witchcraft!) and fixed the issue. Not only did the little bugger refuse to show me how he done it, he called me an "old muppet" and blagged another three tins of O.J. from the fridge on the way out.

If I still had my hounds, they'd have sent him home with the arse missing from his trousers... :evil:

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

MarcusAu wrote:
Service Dog wrote: I regard Alex Jones as at-least 3/4 nonsense. But some portion of that remaining 1/4-- is of value...
I reckon there are probably other people for whom 25% is not a passing grade.

I guess the devil is in the details.
His brain supplements turned my cat gay.

free thoughtpolice

Interesting to watch the asteroid shoot. There's markmanship.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

MarcusAu wrote: there are probably other people for whom 25% is not a passing grade.
That's a good way of phrasing it.

Alex Jones is the kid who gets a sorely-deserved "F"... but also infuriates the teacher so-much... that her shouting reverts to German... ranting about her role in the death camps.

Jones' performance in court on Friday was one of his occasional shining moments. I'd paraphrase it as: "I confess to all the legitimate charges against-me, and I've apologized many times over. What more do you want? This: you insist on adding poorly-fabricated false-charges against me, and have muzzled me from refuting those lies. My crime is being wrong in a sincere attempt to expose corruption. But your crime is being insincere and corrupt."

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Armed black radicals march against illegal immigration, with amusing chants:

The group is called the Geronimo Pratt Gun Club, named-after the Black Panther leader who was framed by the FBI's COINTELPRO for a murder he did not commit.

Geronimo Pratt named-himself a famous red indian chief who had 8 or 10 or 12 wives (depending on which account you read), including a captive spanish settler-- who I'm related-to.

Which suggests a more complex history than these protesters' chants.

In high school-- I was a 'wigger' & loved Public Enemy & Do The Right Thing & I attended a Free Geronimo Pratt activism event. But, fearing the FBI, I signed a fake name to the petition.

My opinion of black power radicals grew to-be far more mixed & skeptical-- over the years.

In 2020, the FBI had an excellent opportunity to win my support against BLM & Antifa. But they missed that opportunity & performed many other trust-corroding stunts.

in 2022, I'm warming to this batch of italian fascist protestniggers.

(They probably have atrocious taste in music, tho... a dealbreaker)

free thoughtpolice

Meanwhile, in Canada:
Populist , right wing Conservative candidate Pierre Poilievre is denouncing rape threats against his wife. They were made by a slightly more extreme right wing nut so this time the fascist regime of Justin Trudeau is off the hook.
https://globalnews.ca/news/9155887/pier ... inst-wife/

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Louise Fletcher was so hot.

free thoughtpolice

Meanwhile, in Canada:
Populist , right wing Conservative candidate Pierre Poilievre is denouncing rape threats against his wife. They were made by a slightly more extreme right wing nut so this time the fascist regime of Justin Trudeau is off the hook.
https://globalnews.ca/news/9155887/pier ... inst-wife/