https://www.yootoob.com/watch?v=i4q0ZvfcWDk
Three Pinocchios!!!!!!

Fake news. It was eight mice.

Steersman

Re: Back to Conspiratoria

Post by Steersman »

John D wrote:
Steersman wrote: <snip>
Maybe you need to be telling her that? And not the Pit? Just a thought ...
Ah Steers... I know that in your very special way you are trying to help... or even possibly you just want me to stop posting. I am often baffled by your motivations. So... I think you don't really read the things than most people post... or that you are not able to pull the honest meaning out of it. Nice try however and I accept your advice as sincere.

Really... I think Matt's advice has been the best so far... and I will try better to adjust. It is a hard adjustment for me to be dishonest with my wife. A foundation of our relationship was what I would call "caring honesty". We were always able to see things through each others eyes... so even if we disagreed we could move on with things. We could honestly adjust. And... we each served as a bit of a therapist for each other... in the good ole days.

But... this is no longer possible and it is hard for me to change my "style". I will do it however, because I am dedicated to this mission. I have moved past the resentment phase so my emotions are much better. "Active caring" is probably a good description of the years ahead. I am pretty sure I can do this for the several years she will still walk the earth.
Don't think you need to stop posting, though some reason to think you're playing the doormat - need to toughen up a bit there mate ... ;)

No doubt you're to be commended for stepping up to the plate and undertaking a "duty of care", but seems a bit self-indulgent at best - burnishing your reputation as such. Some reason to think some uncomfortable or unflattering similarities with the Kathy Bates, James Caan movie Misery, or with "Munchausen syndrome by proxy":
Factitious disorder imposed on another (FDIA), also called Munchausen syndrome by proxy (MSbP), is a condition in which a caregiver creates the appearance of health problems in another person, typically their child.[7] This may include injuring the child or altering test samples.[7] The caregiver then presents the person as being sick or injured.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Factitiou ... on_another

No doubt that your wife has some serious medical problems so you're hardly "creating the appearance" of such out of whole cloth. But don't see that being dishonest with her, or allowing her to take undue advantage of you is likely to be doing her any favours.

John D

Post by John D »

Steersman marriage counseling LTD. Sure man.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

fuzzy wrote:
John D wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:22 am
At least they tested it on six mice!
https://www.yootoob.com/watch?v=i4q0ZvfcWDk
Fake news. It was eight mice.
Indeed.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

We've always been at war with Eastasia.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Women - they just want a dude who is open and honest.

Meanwhile...

Fucking hell, those stealth meth-heads have better SFX than all of Hollywood combined!

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Pixels are still fattening though.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

So, looks like the queen is dead, long live King Brian!

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Meghan is muttering 'one down,....'

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

How Would Queen Elizabeth II's Death Be Announced?
At commercial radio stations the blue "obit lights" will flash to alert DJs that something major is about to be announced and they will play appropriate music before switching to the news.
Maybe not the Sex Pistols, then?

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Those filthy RINOs at Lincoln Prfoject are really trying to get into Trumps head;

Trump lashes back from his own media site, Truth Social:
The Perverts and Lowlifes of the Lincoln Project are back on, where else, Fox News," he wrote. "I thought they ran away to the asylum after their last catastrophic campaign, with charges made against them that were big time sleaze, and me getting many millions more votes in 2020 than I got in 2016. The Paul Ryun [SIC] run Fox only has high standards for "Trump" ads, but not for anyone else. The Perverts should not be allowed to "false advertise," and Fox News should not allow it to happen. See you all in Court!!!"
By the way, the trumpian double speak named Truth Social, that should be called anti-social lies is probably going out of business soon. Another business failure for his investors where his investors lose big and Trump walks away with the cash after running his sleazy pump and dump scam.
At any rate, Here is The response from the Lincoln Project to his threat of a law suit:

free thoughtpolice

Sea lion nearly capsizing boat:

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Maybe not the Sex Pistols, then?
Epitaph for the event I'm organising this weekend.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Lsuoma wrote: So, looks like the queen is dead, long live King Brian!
You mean Queen Brian.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Elizabeth was the 40th monarch in a royal line that traces its origin back to Norman King William the Conqueror who claimed the English throne in 1066 after defeating Anglo-Saxon ruler Harold II at the Battle of Hastings.
Nein, daß ist nicht wahr.

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

I blame Liz Truss

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

or Boris...

Oh well, I'm sure they will find another descendant of Muhammad & Odin to become head of state soon enough.

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

I suppose we will get used to Charles , as the ears go by.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

mordacious1 wrote: I suppose we will get used to Charles , as the ears go by.
:bow-blue:

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

I strongly suspect that Charles will be a disaster.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

I thought they were gonna skip Charles and go straight to Willy. Just so long as it's not the Duke of Cuck-ex.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Those filthy RINOs at Lincoln Prfoject are really trying to get into Trumps head;

Trump lashes back from his own media site, Truth Social:
The Perverts and Lowlifes of the Lincoln Project are back on, where else, Fox News," he wrote. "I thought they ran away to the asylum after their last catastrophic campaign, with charges made against them that were big time sleaze, and me getting many millions more votes in 2020 than I got in 2016. The Paul Ryun [SIC] run Fox only has high standards for "Trump" ads, but not for anyone else. The Perverts should not be allowed to "false advertise," and Fox News should not allow it to happen. See you all in Court!!!"
By the way, the trumpian double speak named Truth Social, that should be called anti-social lies is probably going out of business soon. Another business failure for his investors where his investors lose big and Trump walks away with the cash after running his sleazy pump and dump scam.
At any rate, Here is The response from the Lincoln Project to his threat of a law suit:

I'm not sure you or the Lincoln Project Guy are interpreting Trump's words correctly. Did he threaten to sue Lincoln Project?

Or did he threaten to sue Fox News for applying an inconsistent standard-- on which ads they accept or reject?

free thoughtpolice

Service Dog wrote:
I'm not sure you or the Lincoln Project Guy are interpreting Trump's words correctly. Did he threaten to sue Lincoln Project?

Or did he threaten to sue Fox News for applying an inconsistent standard-- on which ads they accept or reject?
Trump addresses the perverts (LP) and Fox news in one sentence and in the next sentence says;
See you all in Court)
That appears to include the Lincoln Project or else if he meant only one party he wouldn't use "you all'.
Other news papers are also interpreting it that way.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Do you think the claims in that Lincoln Project ad are true? Did Trump spend "every" political donation "dollar you sent him" "on himself" "to keep his shaky business empire and lavish lifestyle going" committing "fraud"?

To me that sounds like: lies. But what you you think? Do you think it's true? Or do you not give a fuck whether it's true-or-not?

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Howabout that?

https://cdn.videy.co/mKI9srtv.mp4

Is that "a fact" ?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

After a shitty week, I did a little Labor Day retail therapy and scored some deals. Home Depot had big discounts on Milwaukee tools, plus free batteries. Got an orbital sander + 2 batteries for the usual price of the tool alone, a jig saw + battery for $40 more than the battery. I have pressing projects for them both.

milwaukee-disc-sander.jpg
(1.67 KiB) Downloaded 125 times
milwaukee-jigsaw.jpg
(2.66 KiB) Downloaded 127 times

Tip: create an account with Home Depot (or any big retailer), place something you want in your shopping cart, then leave it there. Chances are, there will be -- surprise! -- either a special or a 'price drop' on it before long.

I'm waiting on this puppy, although the 8", 18v version will be released next month:
milwaukee pruning saw.jpg
(1.12 KiB) Downloaded 126 times

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

fafnir wrote: I blame Liz Truss
Probably - one too many Lizzies for the new PM's liking...

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

IMG_5456-8x10-SD-LUM-Small.jpg
(1.13 MiB) Downloaded 140 times

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

AndrewV69 wrote: I strongly suspect that Charles will be a disaster.
One would think that after 7 decades preparing for his turn, he could do it in his sleep. As he seems to do most things.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: I thought they were gonna skip Charles and go straight to Willy. Just so long as it's not the Duke of Cuck-ex.
Not much to worry about there, seeing as all of William's small children are ahead of Mr. Markle.

free thoughtpolice

Gumby wrote: IMG_5456-8x10-SD-LUM-Small.jpg
Very nice. I am inspired to take a picture of the MIg we have . It is from the Czech airforce and is has their insignias.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Gumby wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: I thought they were gonna skip Charles and go straight to Willy. Just so long as it's not the Duke of Cuck-ex.
Not much to worry about there, seeing as all of William's small children are ahead of Mr. Markle.
Meghan strikes me as the type who'd off her rival for the cheerleading squad.

free thoughtpolice

Service Dog wrote: Do you think the claims in that Lincoln Project ad are true? Did Trump spend "every" political donation "dollar you sent him" "on himself" "to keep his shaky business empire and lavish lifestyle going" committing "fraud"?

To me that sounds like: lies. But what you you think? Do you think it's true? Or do you not give a fuck whether it's true-or-not?
Are these supposed to be trick questions? you are really worked up for some reason?
Didn't this start of as asking whether Trump threatened Lincoln Project as well as FoX?
Now what?
You want to search the internet for stupid stuff people have said have said and accuse me of agreeing with it?
You are desperate and it just makes you look more like a fool.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Gumby wrote: IMG_5456-8x10-SD-LUM-Small.jpg
Those Russkis sure came up with some great designs!
ta 153.jpg
(18.13 KiB) Downloaded 127 times

John D

Post by John D »

Pretty sure my dog has Covid.

Based on the timing of when my wife and I got Covid it would make perfect sense that my dog was exposed on Saturday. The pupper started showing symptoms on Wednesday night. She was sneezing. She sneezes once-in-a-while on any given day... but this was more frequent. Thursday I noticed she was sneezing a lot and had more nasal discharge than normal.

Today I could barely get her to want to take a walk and have her meal. And... the clincher is that she did not run up the stairs when she heard me make my breakfast. She ALWAYS hears me make my breakfast and begs for a bite. She just stayed napping under the bed.

Yesterday I read on the CDC site that dogs "very rarely" get Covid and that there is "no evidence" that they can give it to people. Well, in my mind this means they just haven't studied this yet. All kinds of animals have been found to be Covid positive including lions at the zoo.

So... my wife says we should call the vet to see what we can do. I call and the vet says that the CDC site is wrong and that dogs never get Covid... haha. They suggest that I could bring her in if I want and that she might have some kind of virus...haha...yeah bitch!... It's called Covid. Well, she is breathing well... and eating well... and pooping well. She is just sneezing and very tired. I will keep an eye on her. If she starts having breathing issues I will get her to the emergency vet.

I have so little trust in experts. Sure... there is real data out there...but somehow the so called experts seem to have become untethered.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

You old softie, you ... 😉

But I can sympathize - Canada is flying its flags at half-mast:

https://www.canada.ca/en/canadian-herit ... th-ii.html

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Bhurzum wrote: Absolutely gutted.
Suspect there will be more fun to come.

If I recall there was quite a bit of push back the last time someone attempted to install a King Charles.

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

MarcusAu wrote:

If I recall there was quite a bit of push back the last time someone attempted to install a King Charles.
Actually, the last time went fairly well. It was when the monarchy was re-established after Cromwell died and they brought back Charles II. Charles II was known mostly for fathering illegitimate children, but leaving no legitimate heir…the slut.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

...'attempted' being the operative word...

I'm sure that the referenced is not completely lost to those interested Scottish history or those of a Jacobite persuasion

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

MarcusAu wrote: ...'attempted' being the operative word...

I'm sure that the referenced is not completely lost to those interested Scottish history or those of a Jacobite persuasion

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

From the BBC:
Queen Elizabeth II: Children remember 'that fantastic twinkle'
Hmmm. "Twinkle" was juvenile slang for the hairy lasso when I was a kid...

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

mordacious1 wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:

Actually, the last time went fairly well. It was when the monarchy was re-established after Cromwell died and they brought back Charles II. Charles II was known mostly for fathering illegitimate children, but leaving no legitimate heir…the slut.
Last time, Charles II knew where power lay and stayed in his lane. If I remember rightly, the same Dutch bankers who hand financed Cromwell in the Civil War then moved in with William of Orange in the Glorious Revolution of 1688 and set of the bank of England when Charles II's successor James II pissed off the wrong people.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Either our elites are insane or all this is according to plan.

Pick one (or both?).

free thoughtpolice

AndrewV69 wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:01 pm
Either our elites are insane or all this is according to plan.

Pick one (or both?).
Definitely didn,t want to dox you but didn't you have a lesbian motorcycle gang do drive near you?
I heard they made a lot of noise?

free thoughtpolice

She used to be hot. Was an inspiration for millions.
Was a positive force, never used her power to bully or take away from democracy.
8 out of 10, would fuck if a time machine were available

free thoughtpolice

DSCN2068 (2).JPG
(1.21 MiB) Downloaded 73 times

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Lsuoma wrote: Hmmm. "Twinkle" was juvenile slang for the hairy lasso when I was a kid...
Whereas "hairy lasso" is an incredibly mature and sophisticated term for a spam-butterfly.

Mmmm...spam!

https://y.yarn.co/0691eca8-268f-4a88-87 ... f_text.gif

Keating

Post by Keating »

free thoughtpolice wrote: She used to be hot. Was an inspiration for millions.
Was a positive force, never used her power to bully or take away from democracy.

Keating

Post by Keating »

I hope Charles is up to the job, and is at least half the monarch that Elizabeth was. I fear we will see how much Elizabeth held things together in the not too distant future.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

* Warning * Wall of barely coherent and badly written wall of bollocks! * Warning *

I'll apologize for this in advance, I'm bored out of my gourd and feel the need to rant. Let the reader beware...

So, my online activities - movies, forum spam and games, lots of games, is starting to lose it's appeal. I don't know why this is happening, I've been a net-denizen since it first became available to the home user and up until recently, my thirst for digital stupidity has been an almost unquenchable addiction. I've always been a "people person" (stop laughing) and found the 'net to be a natural extension to this aspect of my personality - a sea of new and interesting people to interact with at the click of a button. However, these days, it's starting to be a bit tiresome, a chore, something I'm hesitant to indulge in. My IRL friendliness is unchanged (again, stop laughing), I still find myself chatting to strangers at the drop of a hat and even though lots of people tend to annoy me, too many reasons to list why, I am able to see past this and still extract a degree of pleasure from idle/random chit-chat. Also, I'm very aware that I'm probably very annoying to others so...bugger it.

(I avoid politics, religion or other contentious subjects IRL)

Anyway, I'm just curious if this is yet another symptom of growing old? I find myself sitting in front of my computer, music playing in the background, looking at various flashing icons (people trying to contact me for voice chat, gaming, social media etc) but I simply cannot be bothered. Am I alone in this or do other 'pitters feel this way?

On a lighter note, my niece picked me up this morning (early, too damned early) and dragged my grumbling arse out for a walk with the hounds. They're in fine form, still as farty/slobbery as ever and had a whale of a time as we walked around the local duck pond. It was nice seeing a few familiar faces (the dog walking fraternity) when we stopped at a park bench to enjoy a flask of coffee and listen to bird-song. We also had a cheeky puff on a herbal (a relatively new habit I've picked up) and found ourselves laughing like maniacs at the antics of the slobber-machines.

Learned a new bit of slang that's probably perfect for this place - vagalism. Vagalism is the aftermath of an extremely vigorous bout of rough sexual intercourse - a smoking, bruised and badly vandalized vagina. The person who told me this, an internet gaming friend (female), lamented the fact that it's hard to find a dude capable of performing this feat. The way that she said it, so casually and matter-of-factly, really caught me off guard and reduced me to a cackling mound of breathless uselessness. If only I was twenty years younger - challenge accepted!

Thinking of buying a guitar or keyboard, possibly both, and attempting to learn to play. As I've stated before, one of my mates done this a few years ago and it was shocking how quickly he picked up the basics. He went from tone-deaf fuckwit to pretty decent in the space of a few months. These days, a year or so later (I think, can't remember when he first started), he's talking about "syncopation" - something I have read the definition of but still don't understand! It might as well be advanced calculus.

Anyway, the catalyst which prompted his interest in playing was this:

And on that somewhat sombre note, I'm offski.

(sorry again)

John D

Post by John D »

Bhurzum wrote: Anyway, I'm just curious if this is yet another symptom of growing old?
Yeah - some things change as we get older. I am 60 so I consider myself on the edge of "oldness".

I find that I enjoy more familiar things now... rather than those things that are new and "exciting". I have read that this is common as someone gets older. As an example, when I was young I used to insult the kind of neighborhood I now live in. I would have called it boring and uninformed and stupid in general. Now that I am 60, I fucking love my boring neighborhood. My neighbors are engineers and mid-level professionals like me. We maintain our properties in a similar way. At this point in my life I find this very satisfying.

I have even changed the way I go birding. The last three years I always go birding in the same small park. It has a good variety of birds, but at this point I don't see many "new" birds. I am not growing my life list. I pretty much just watch. I love to see how the park changes over the seasons. I walk the exact same path. It is delightful to just watch the changes over time. I could easily drive to another park and see a whole different pile of birds... but I don't want to.

I do make new friends based on my activities. I have several new miniature gaming friends... so I am not a hermit.

Playing music is really a great activity. I am not a natural at playing instruments. I have to play a lot in order to just become acceptable... but I have done this. I am a very good singer so I can get together with friends and play some songs. Sometimes we sound pretty good. It is very very satisfying.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

https://i.kym-cdn.com/news_feeds/icons/ ... 34/3ad.jpg
Me too - I'm 63 next March, and retiring in December '23.

After a working lifetime of intellectual employment (research scientist, computational scientist, DBA, TPM, technical manager) I find my interests shifting strongly towards doing shit with my hands. I've picked up my old hobby of electronics and I'm starting to work with wood (oo-er, missus). Like John, I go birdwatching, typically in the same area, and I submit my data to Cornell University,

I'm very content with life as such, but I'm starting to get nostalgic for the teen years - my parent split when I was 12, and I grew up in foster homes and care homes. Nothing really tragic, but if I knew then what I knew now, I would be having a lot of fun again, I think. Especially knowing how to deal with women, I'd be spreading vagalism with the nubiles, for sure.

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

free thoughtpolice wrote:

She used to be hot. Was an inspiration for millions.
Never used her power. Never publicly expressed an opinion. Never used her power to defend democracy. The criticism of her strategy is the same as the criticism of centrism, or really Britain since WW2. It's a strategy of managed decline and forestalling defeat, not for victory.

Monarchy has known it is in deep trouble since at least the middle of Queen Victoria's reign. How to remain relevant in the modern world...? I'd say Elizabeth II has catastrophically failed. Maybe that failure was inevitable. The idea of monarchy has become personified in her. It's like a worse version of the classic succession crisis, except it isn't simply a question of a particular royal dynasty.... it's monarchy itself. It's been obvious for half a century that passing the baton on to Charles was going to be a problem. Her family has been unable, or unwilling to keep private what should be kept private, and do what needed to be done publicly to keep the show going. Beyond not dying for a long time, what has she done? The whole thing is left hanging by the thread of the Princess of Wales. 150 years of some of the best minds in England working on the problem, and this is where it led. If it wasn't for the Princess of Wales the game would be up. Painting her reign as a success is like painting Dunkirk as a success, the best you can say is that it could have been worse and a little more time has been won.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Bhurzum wrote:
Anyway, I'm just curious if this is yet another symptom of growing old?
Yes.

Learned a new bit of slang that's probably perfect for this place - vagalism. Vagalism is the aftermath of an extremely vigorous bout of rough sexual intercourse - a smoking, bruised and badly vandalized vagina. The person who told me this, an internet gaming friend (female), lamented the fact that it's hard to find a dude capable of performing this feat.
I find married women are especially susceptible. And I'm like, don't let the energizer bunny go to waste -- let's put it somewhere.

Thinking of buying a guitar or keyboard, possibly both, and attempting to learn to play.
Start small. Learn to play The Final Countdown on kazoo.

And on that somewhat sombrero note, I'm offski.
Speedy-Gonzales-5.jpg
(159.84 KiB) Downloaded 36 times