Steerzing in a New Direction...

fafnir
.
.
Posts: 292
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:16 pm

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#2401

Post by fafnir »

Steersman wrote: One of them being, presumably, that if the samples - for the agreeableness trait in particular - aren't at least "approximately" normal then it's more difficult to justify much in the way of inferences from the sample to the population.
Not sure what you are claiming about them relies on referencing the properties of normal distributions.

ThreeFlangedJavis
.
.
Posts: 2012
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:13 am

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#2402

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:29 pm
Branca believes a lone "masked Karen" -- the foreman -- is holding up acquittal:

https://legalinsurrection.com/2021/11/r ... Bmbm03xiu4
If that's correct then it just confirms Barnes' contention that this trial hinged around jury selection. If she is the kind of person she is conjectured to be then she is exactly the sort that Barnes warned about. He specifically mentioned the mask wearers in the candidate pool as potential problems. The fact that Richards gave a good factual closing argument and seemed to have taken some advice has led to some glossing over of his shitty general performance. He does not appear to have understood that he needed to do more than win on the facts, he needed to get the judge to sequester the jury and to understand the extent of the potential jury bias. He also needed to be far more vocal about prosecution intransigence because as it is he allowed the judge to pass the buck without pressure. He's been too scared to irritate the judge and I think that's a mistake. Schroeder doesn't seem to hold grudges and looks as if he's the kind of guy who is open to reconsidering his position. Rittenhouse had better get someone else for a retrial if it comes to that.

fafnir
.
.
Posts: 292
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:16 pm

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#2403

Post by fafnir »

Steersman wrote:
fafnir wrote:
Steersman wrote: FFS, I am not saying those samples are normal. I'm saying that they're a close enough approximation to make the argument that the relevant populations are more or less normal themselves. Try looking at what John D. was saying as, in his better moments, he's not saying much that's different from what I'm saying.
Your argument doesn't require them to be normal.
And your evidence and argument for that is what? You might try expending a bit of thought and effort to justify your claims. Who knows? You or I - or both of us - might learn something ... ;)
You want me to point to the part of your argument that doesn't require a claim of normal distribution? All of it. What bits of it do you think you are relying on it being normal for? All I see is you making observations based on the distribution curves and then for some reason also claiming that the distribution is normal. That claim serves no purpose.
Steersman wrote: One of them being, presumably, that if the samples - for the agreeableness trait in particular - aren't at least "approximately" normal then it's more difficult to justify much in the way of inferences from the sample to the population.
The inferences you are making can be justified by looking at the distribution curves. You haven't made any claims about IQ, or height that rely on anything other than what can readily be observed by looking at the curves.

Service Dog
.
.
Posts: 7031
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:52 pm
Location: Trash Island

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#2404

Post by Service Dog »


Service Dog
.
.
Posts: 7031
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:52 pm
Location: Trash Island

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#2405

Post by Service Dog »

I heard the Rekeita livestream peanut gallery mention an independent online researcher/ crowdsourcing nexus known as "Darth Crypto".

So I checked his twitter... spicy stuff.




Service Dog
.
.
Posts: 7031
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:52 pm
Location: Trash Island

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#2406

Post by Service Dog »

:laughing-rofl: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rofl: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rofl: :laughing-rolling:

I was just offered work as a Covid Compliance Officer-- for an event consisting-of a bunch of girls handing-out free promotional product samples-- for some beauty brand.

If I pay $50 to watch a one-way live online seminar (I need not turn on my webcam or mic)... I'll be considered 'certified'. And I don't need to prove I'm vax'd ! Ad copy says I'll be taught 'OSHA standards', but fine print disclaimer says OSHA has provided no specific standards for a compliance officer cert.

Internet says starting salary is $83,000/year if I pursue this career opportunity in a growing field.

Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 14392
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#2407

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Service Dog wrote: Internet says starting salary is $83,000/year if I pursue this career opportunity in a growing field.


Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 14392
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#2408

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:29 pm
Branca believes a lone "masked Karen" -- the foreman -- is holding up acquittal:

https://legalinsurrection.com/2021/11/r ... Bmbm03xiu4
If that's correct then it just confirms Barnes' contention that this trial hinged around jury selection. If she is the kind of person she is conjectured to be then she is exactly the sort that Barnes warned about. He specifically mentioned the mask wearers in the candidate pool as potential problems.
How did I know you'd say that? LOL.

I read Schroeder unusually rushed voir dire. Each side only got 7 preemptions for a pool of 64. Perhaps a body language expert could've spotted this one. But what if there'd been eight or more Closet Karen's?

The fact that Richards gave a good factual closing argument and seemed to have taken some advice has led to some glossing over of his shitty general performance. He does not appear to have understood that he needed to do more than win on the facts,
A lot always hinges on manpower, to scramble and look up stuff, track down stuff, go through the daily transcripts, etc. Disclosure is ripe for taking advantage of manpower disparity. My ex attorney GF worked on a huge case where the other side 'disclosed' literally a storage room full of irrelevant documents. After several days of my GF and half a dozen other attorneys sifting through it all, they found the damaging docs wedged between a copier machine and the wall.

The state always has more resources, and a relatively unlimited budget. In Chauvin's trial, for example, state had like seventy on the case; Chauvin had his one attorney plus his paralegal who'd just passed the bar that week.
he needed to get the judge to sequester the jury and to understand the extent of the potential jury bias
How?

MarcusAu
.
.
Posts: 7721
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:49 am
Location: Llareggub

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#2409

Post by MarcusAu »

Anyone heard about or looking forward to MacBeth?



...though as actors are involved - I have every expectation that there will be a lot of scenes with people pretending to be something they are not...

Service Dog
.
.
Posts: 7031
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:52 pm
Location: Trash Island

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#2410

Post by Service Dog »

Class Completion:
Participants will receive a course completion certificate attesting to the content that was provided.

You will receive a link to valuable resources, including example screening surveys, on-set posters, and more.

You will be given the opportunity to list your name in a database of people who have completed this class. This list will be hosted on our website.

The C19CO Does Not Replace A Set Medic:
The COVID-19 Compliance Officer (C19CO) does not replace the need for a Union or Non-Union Set Medic. The position is designed to work in conjunction with the Set Medic and to prevent the spread of Covid -19 by using CDC recommended measures. The producer should always vet the C19C0 to ensure they are following all current protocols.

Class Background:
Covid-19 guidelines are constantly changing and vary among states, counties and cities, so please always consult your local and state health departments, unions, and CDC guidelines before each shoot. This class follows CDC, OSHA, and EPA guidelines. It is not endorsed by any outside agency

https://healtheducationservices.net/tra ... cer-c19co/

Service Dog
.
.
Posts: 7031
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:52 pm
Location: Trash Island

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#2411

Post by Service Dog »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: The 'hero' Jump Kick Man: YA career criminal and domestic abuser:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ealed.html
Jump Kick Man's wife claims Jump Kick Man posted "Let's kill this white boy" to Facebook, 30 minutes before Ziminski's wife pointed-at Kyle/ Ziminski fired his pistol/ Rosenbaum charged Rittenhouse, & Kyle started shooting.

She says JumpKickMan bragged for days-afterward about his kick/shoot encounter with Kyle.

https://minnesotarightnow.com/2021/11/1 ... ent-claim/

Service Dog
.
.
Posts: 7031
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:52 pm
Location: Trash Island

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#2412

Post by Service Dog »

as she recalled it, “@Team Reese, let’s kill that white boy” with emojis of a gun and coffin.

John D
.
.
Posts: 5356
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:23 am
Location: Detroit, MI. USA

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#2413

Post by John D »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Service Dog wrote: Internet says starting salary is $83,000/year if I pursue this career opportunity in a growing field.
LOVE old Elvis Costello. Bruce Thomas is one of the best bass players in history. Costello would have never gotten popular without Thomas. Just play this song and listen to the bass line! The bass actually drives the melody. Fantastic.

Dog... you would make an excellent Covid Nazi.



Service Dog
.
.
Posts: 7031
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:52 pm
Location: Trash Island

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#2414

Post by Service Dog »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
he needed to get the judge to sequester the jury and to understand the extent of the potential jury bias
How?
Your Honor, you have noted that the news media has broadcast many inaccurate statements about this case.

With a single glance at the juror pool, you can see that many prospective jurors are wearing face masks.

Each and every one of those masks is evidence of a juror who has been swayed to believe televised lies about Covid and masks.

They are no more immune to lies about this case-- than lies about Covid. The masks don't fit, you must acquit, Binger licks shit.

Service Dog
.
.
Posts: 7031
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:52 pm
Location: Trash Island

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#2415

Post by Service Dog »

quote fail :nin: attack!


Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 14392
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#2417

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Verdict anticipated around 12:30 Central.

Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 14392
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#2418

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

NOT GUILTY on all charges

Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 14392
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#2419

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »


Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead
Posts: 4705
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:08 am
Location: Lurking in a dumpster

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#2420

Post by Bhurzum »

Well, it looks like sanity prevails.

https://i.insider.com/60303e0dbed5c5001 ... ?width=700

:lol:

ThreeFlangedJavis
.
.
Posts: 2012
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:13 am

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#2421

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:22 am

How did I know you'd say that? LOL.
Because it was obviously true?
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
A lot always hinges on manpower, to scramble and look up stuff, track down stuff, go through the daily transcripts, etc. Disclosure is ripe for taking advantage of manpower disparity. My ex attorney GF worked on a huge case where the other side 'disclosed' literally a storage room full of irrelevant documents. After several days of my GF and half a dozen other attorneys sifting through it all, they found the damaging docs wedged between a copier machine and the wall.

The state always has more resources, and a relatively unlimited budget. In Chauvin's trial, for example, state had like seventy on the case; Chauvin had his one attorney plus his paralegal who'd just passed the bar that week.
Richards was offered a lot of help from skilled people and he turned it down.
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
he needed to get the judge to sequester the jury and to understand the extent of the potential jury bias
How?
By telling him about the year-long media lie fest and political pressure, insistently, and persisting. It was negligent not to hammer home any possible grounds for an appeal or mis-trial as early as possible. Richards was so passive it was painful.

Not just my opinion, I'm watching 10 lawyers all agreeing that it was a terrible defence and if the factual evidence wasn't so strong KR would be in prison.

Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 14392
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#2422

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: Not just my opinion, I'm watching 10 lawyers all agreeing that it was a terrible defence and if the factual evidence wasn't so strong KR would be in prison.
IOW, pfew, they just got lucky.

http://slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php ... ky#p506181

John D
.
.
Posts: 5356
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:23 am
Location: Detroit, MI. USA

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#2423

Post by John D »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: NOT GUILTY on all charges
I predicted a hung jury and I was wrong. Yes... I admit that my prediction was wrong.... but... in this case I am happy I was wrong!

John D
.
.
Posts: 5356
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:23 am
Location: Detroit, MI. USA

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#2424

Post by John D »

A most remarkable video. Thanks for sharing. Can you imagine what is going on in his head?

Service Dog
.
.
Posts: 7031
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:52 pm
Location: Trash Island

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#2425

Post by Service Dog »

14 months later...
https://media.patriots.win/post/7OtMLWdA.gif

https://media.patriots.win/post/aooUWqCv.png

https://media.patriots.win/post/51QjdC2c.jpeg
(Uhhh.... I'd blame the teacher's unions for blocking school choice, Talcum X.)

Steersman
.
.
Posts: 10369
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:58 pm
Contact:

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#2426

Post by Steersman »

fafnir wrote:
Steersman wrote: One of them being, presumably, that if the samples - for the agreeableness trait in particular - aren't at least "approximately" normal then it's more difficult to justify much in the way of inferences from the sample to the population.
Not sure what you are claiming about them relies on referencing the properties of normal distributions.
Maybe because you're not listening or are unwilling to read and think about what I've posted? This in particular which I've posted before:
In statistics, quality assurance, and survey methodology, sampling is the selection of a subset (a statistical sample) of individuals from within a statistical population to estimate characteristics of the whole population.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sampling_(statistics)

No shame in being ignorant - we're all born that way. But there's some disapprobation associated with refusing to read and think about the relevant facts and theories on the table.

John D
.
.
Posts: 5356
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:23 am
Location: Detroit, MI. USA

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#2427

Post by John D »

Steersman wrote: No shame in being ignorant - we're all born that way. But there's some disapprobation associated with refusing to read and think about the relevant facts and theories on the table.
Yeah... haha. Listen to your own advice... dick-head.

Steersman
.
.
Posts: 10369
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:58 pm
Contact:

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#2428

Post by Steersman »

MarcusAu wrote: Anyone heard about or looking forward to MacBeth?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HM3hsVrBMA4

...though as actors are involved - I have every expectation that there will be a lot of scenes with people pretending to be something they are not...
Shocking! The hell you say! ;)

Curious and interesting phenomenon though, the dichotomy between reality and illusion as the movie "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?" dealt with in some detail. Particularly where people lose sight of the difference - as in much of the transgender clusterfuck - and expect everyone else to play along with their delusions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Who%27s_A ... d_illusion

Steersman
.
.
Posts: 10369
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:58 pm
Contact:

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#2429

Post by Steersman »

John D wrote:
Steersman wrote: No shame in being ignorant - we're all born that way. But there's some disapprobation associated with refusing to read and think about the relevant facts and theories on the table.
Yeah... haha. Listen to your own advice... dick-head.
LoL. Let me know when you're ready to answer the questions I posed earlier.

And/or when or if you plan on pimping out your daughter as Matt had suggested ... ;)

But you seem willing to concede the use of normal distributions and statistical sampling in engineering applications, yet you apparently balk at their applications to "psychometrics" or even to more tangible physiological traits like heights. Apropos of which:
Adult heights within a population are approximately normally distributed due to genetic and environmental variance.44

Height is partly determined by the interaction of 423 genes with 697 variants.45

One of the basic rules of probability (known as the Central Limit Theorem) says the distribution of a trait that is determined by independent random variables, like height and genes, roughly follows a bell curve. This means the range of human heights in a population fall centrally around the mean height. ....

We see this distribution of heights in the chart. As an aggregate of the regions with available data – Europe, North America, Australia, and East Asia – they found the mean male height to be 178.4 centimeters (cm) in the most recent cohort (born between 1980 and 1994).48 The standard deviation was 7.59 cm. This means 68% of men were between 170.8 and 186 cm tall; 95% were between 163.2 and 193.6 cm. Women were smaller on average, with a mean height of 164.7 cm, and standard deviation of 7.07 cm. This means 68% of women were between 157.6 and 171.8 cm; and 95% between 150.6 and 178.84 cm.
https://ourworldindata.org/human-height

John D
.
.
Posts: 5356
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:23 am
Location: Detroit, MI. USA

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#2430

Post by John D »

Steersman wrote:
LoL. Let me know when you're ready to answer the questions I posed earlier.
Fuck off!

John D
.
.
Posts: 5356
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:23 am
Location: Detroit, MI. USA

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#2431

Post by John D »

John D wrote:
Steersman wrote:
LoL. Let me know when you're ready to answer the questions I posed earlier.
Fuck off!
and suck my ass hole!

John D
.
.
Posts: 5356
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:23 am
Location: Detroit, MI. USA

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#2432

Post by John D »

and let me say... and this is not addressed to Steers (as he is a pedantic fuck-wad) ... use of the normal distribution can be a very useful tool. But! It is often misapplied... as it is with IQ testing. I do not know why Steers is so stupid as to miss my argument. Perhaps he needs to balance his meds. and Steers... if you choose to read this... I want you to suck my ass.

fafnir
.
.
Posts: 292
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:16 pm

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#2433

Post by fafnir »

Steersman wrote:
fafnir wrote:
Steersman wrote: One of them being, presumably, that if the samples - for the agreeableness trait in particular - aren't at least "approximately" normal then it's more difficult to justify much in the way of inferences from the sample to the population.
Not sure what you are claiming about them relies on referencing the properties of normal distributions.
Maybe because you're not listening or are unwilling to read and think about what I've posted? This in particular which I've posted before:
In statistics, quality assurance, and survey methodology, sampling is the selection of a subset (a statistical sample) of individuals from within a statistical population to estimate characteristics of the whole population.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sampling_(statistics

No shame in being ignorant - we're all born that way. But there's some disapprobation associated with refusing to read and think about the relevant facts and theories on the table.
I'm not arguing about sampling. None of your claims have anything to do with IQ or height being normally distributed. Directing me to wikipedia articles on statistical properties that would be true of any distribution doesn't help. Which of your claims require the sample to be normally distributed?

fafnir
.
.
Posts: 292
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:16 pm

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#2434

Post by fafnir »

John D wrote: and let me say... and this is not addressed to Steers (as he is a pedantic fuck-wad) ... use of the normal distribution can be a very useful tool. But! It is often misapplied... as it is with IQ testing. I do not know why Steers is so stupid as to miss my argument. Perhaps he needs to balance his meds. and Steers... if you choose to read this... I want you to suck my ass.
He isn't applying it at all, so the whole argument is pointless.

Steersman
.
.
Posts: 10369
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:58 pm
Contact:

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#2435

Post by Steersman »

John D wrote: and let me say... and this is not addressed to Steers (as he is a pedantic fuck-wad) ...
Devil's in the details.
John D wrote: use of the normal distribution can be a very useful tool. But! It is often misapplied... as it is with IQ testing. I do not know why Steers is so stupid as to miss my argument.
Where the fuck have I said that the tool is not "often misapplied"? Quite agree that that is often the case.

The problem is that you're apparently unwilling to consider the use of that tool to measure things like psychological and physiological traits such as "agreeableness" and heights. Which you might have realized was my argument if you could get your head out of your arse and read what I've posted instead of shooting from the lip or before your gun is out of its holster.
John D wrote: Perhaps he needs to balance his meds. and Steers... if you choose to read this... I want you to suck my ass.
Tsk, tsk. And here I thought this was a family-oriented website.

If that's what you want then maybe you should contact another type of website or your local brothel - maybe someone there can help you out because I sure won't.


Steersman
.
.
Posts: 10369
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:58 pm
Contact:

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#2437

Post by Steersman »

fafnir wrote: .... Which of your claims require the sample to be normally distributed?
:roll: That heights and agreeableness - and many other such traits - are normally distributed in the general population? At least when the measurements are partitioned or grouped by "sex"? :think: :roll:

fafnir
.
.
Posts: 292
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:16 pm

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#2438

Post by fafnir »

Steersman wrote:
fafnir wrote: .... Which of your claims require the sample to be normally distributed?
:roll: That heights and agreeableness - and many other such traits - are normally distributed in the general population? At least when the measurements are partitioned or grouped by "sex"? :think: :roll:
That isn't a claim that relies on the distributions being normally distributed, that is a claim that they are normally distributed.

Steersman
.
.
Posts: 10369
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:58 pm
Contact:

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#2439

Post by Steersman »

fafnir wrote:
Steersman wrote:
fafnir wrote: .... Which of your claims require the sample to be normally distributed?
:roll: That heights and agreeableness - and many other such traits - are normally distributed in the general population? At least when the measurements are partitioned or grouped by "sex"? :think: :roll:
That isn't a claim that relies on the distributions being normally distributed, that is a claim that they are normally distributed.
What? Which distributions? The sample distributions?

But don't think you have a clue what you're talking about. You might just as well say "2+2=5". Or "2 = + 5 2"

Service Dog
.
.
Posts: 7031
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:52 pm
Location: Trash Island

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#2440

Post by Service Dog »







federal charges?

Dem Nadler Calls on DOJ to Review Rittenhouse Verdict
Judiciary chairman calls not guilty verdict a 'miscarriage of justice'
https://freebeacon.com/democrats/dem-na ... e-verdict/

John D
.
.
Posts: 5356
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:23 am
Location: Detroit, MI. USA

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#2441

Post by John D »

I have previously stated that I am not going to talk about the normal distribution with Steers... so I will take this opportunity to ask the pyt if they think Steers knows what a standard deviation is. Please reply below with your vote. As for me... I am certain Steers to too blisteringly juvenile to admit that he has never calculated a standard deviation from a data set. Please vote... America wants to know.

oh... and Steers.... please suck my ass.

Service Dog
.
.
Posts: 7031
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:52 pm
Location: Trash Island

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#2442

Post by Service Dog »


fafnir
.
.
Posts: 292
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:16 pm

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#2443

Post by fafnir »

John D wrote: oh... and Steers.... please suck my ass
Is this a standard deviation?

Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 14392
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#2444

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

John D wrote: and Steers... if you choose to read this... I want you to suck my ass.
Speaking of which, the United States of America made it through unscathed the few hours that Kamala Harris was acting Commander-in-Chief while Sleepy Joe was sedated and undergoing a colonoscopy.

Service Dog
.
.
Posts: 7031
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:52 pm
Location: Trash Island

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#2445

Post by Service Dog »

https://media.patriots.win/post/SSkvz2bM.jpeg

----

Denver Attorney Files Civil Suit Against Kyle Rittenhouse

"His clients are the family of Joseph Rosenbaum, one of those who died. And Gaige Grosskreutz who was wounded by Rittenhouse’s gun. He has already filed a lawsuit against Kenosha authorities and its police."

https://denver.cbslocal.com/2021/11/19/ ... oting/?amp

Service Dog
.
.
Posts: 7031
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:52 pm
Location: Trash Island

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#2446

Post by Service Dog »

Cuomo says 37 year-old 1st attacker was trying to beat up 17 y.o. Rittenhouse, but Rittenhouse shouldn't be allowed to defend himself with gun.


Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead
Posts: 4705
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:08 am
Location: Lurking in a dumpster

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#2447

Post by Bhurzum »

John D wrote: I will take this opportunity to ask the pyt if they think Steers knows what a standard deviation is. Please reply below with your vote.
Is it using a flag to bum yourself?

Brive1987
.
.
Posts: 17681
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#2448

Post by Brive1987 »

Bhurzum wrote:
John D wrote: I will take this opportunity to ask the pyt if they think Steers knows what a standard deviation is. Please reply below with your vote.
Is it using a flag to bum yourself?
I once had a job where I had to normalise outliers in dataset where they exceeded 1.5 standard deviation.

I didn’t know what I was doing, but I had a Lotus123 macro to assist. Control Z from memory. 🤷‍♂️

Service Dog
.
.
Posts: 7031
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:52 pm
Location: Trash Island

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#2449

Post by Service Dog »

Ideas, regarding payments on that RV...


ThreeFlangedJavis
.
.
Posts: 2012
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:13 am

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#2450

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:01 pm
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: Not just my opinion, I'm watching 10 lawyers all agreeing that it was a terrible defence and if the factual evidence wasn't so strong KR would be in prison.
IOW, pfew, they just got lucky.

http://slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php ... ky#p506181
They have had very specific criticisms of Richards and , to a lesser extent, Chirafisi throughout the trial. If you wish to dismiss all of that by pretending that they are all motivated by some kind of personal animus then have at it.

ThreeFlangedJavis
.
.
Posts: 2012
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:13 am

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#2451

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

fafnir wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:34 pm
Steersman wrote:
fafnir wrote: .... Which of your claims require the sample to be normally distributed?
:roll: That heights and agreeableness - and many other such traits - are normally distributed in the general population? At least when the measurements are partitioned or grouped by "sex"? :think: :roll:
That isn't a claim that relies on the distributions being normally distributed, that is a claim that they are normally distributed.
Earlier on:
fafnir wrote: He isn't applying it at all, so the whole argument is pointless.
Thought the penny had dropped. You were so close. Steersman is the Pyt equivalent of glue and paper on the fingers.

Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 14392
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#2452

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: They have had very specific criticisms of Richards and , to a lesser extent, Chirafisi throughout the trial. If you wish to dismiss all of that by pretending that they are all motivated by some kind of personal animus then have at it.
No, it's just real easy for them to armchair quarterback. I've neither the time nor the patience to watch long videos of jaw wagging, but it sounds like these experts predicted disaster due to defense mistakes. The defense did make mistakes, but they also got a win, and worst case had a mistrial secured if the jury hung or convicted.

ThreeFlangedJavis
.
.
Posts: 2012
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:13 am

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#2453

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: They have had very specific criticisms of Richards and , to a lesser extent, Chirafisi throughout the trial. If you wish to dismiss all of that by pretending that they are all motivated by some kind of personal animus then have at it.
No, it's just real easy for them to armchair quarterback. I've neither the time nor the patience to watch long videos of jaw wagging, but it sounds like these experts predicted disaster due to defense mistakes. The defense did make mistakes, but they also got a win, and worst case had a mistrial secured if the jury hung or convicted.
What they predicted or feared has nothing to do with anything. They were not just criticising differences of approach or minor errors, they were noticing egregious errors that they argued nobody should make. They are professional lawyers and when professional lawyers unanimously and spontaneously express such opinions I'll take notice. Why are you so invested in them being wrong? You admit you didn't watch them. How do you know what their opinions are incorrect? The defence wasn't "lucky", but the prosecution case was weak enough that defence errors didn't matter.

Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 14392
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#2454

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: Why are you so invested in them being wrong?
I don't believe I am.
You admit you didn't watch them.
I don't do long videos of people sitting in front of their zoom cameras working their gobs while I stare up their hairy nostrils. Give me a transcript. Bullet points. Something I can skim over second breakfast, instead of watching for an hour when I should be out splitting wood.
How do you know what their opinions are incorrect?
All I know is what you've told me -- that Barnes warned their Barnesless voir dire would be their ruin. I didn't follow the voir dire, but it obviously was good enough.

John D
.
.
Posts: 5356
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:23 am
Location: Detroit, MI. USA

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#2455

Post by John D »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: Why are you so invested in them being wrong?
I don't believe I am.
You admit you didn't watch them.
I don't do long videos of people sitting in front of their zoom cameras working their gobs while I stare up their hairy nostrils. Give me a transcript. Bullet points. Something I can skim over second breakfast, instead of watching for an hour when I should be out splitting wood.
How do you know what their opinions are incorrect?
All I know is what you've told me -- that Barnes warned their Barnesless voir dire would be their ruin. I didn't follow the voir dire, but it obviously was good enough.
IMHO - Barnes and Viva Frei do a pretty good job with their legal analysis. They more often right than wrong. I think I have watched them for two years or so. Their programs are longer than I would prefer, but this is a common style in the blogosphere right now (Styx, Rubin, etc. are all too long). I don't blame someone for not putting up with their long format show.... and Barnes does have an ego the size of his belly. Still... more often wrong than right. I feel like I have learned from them. If Barnes had defended Kyle would he have done better?... well...no. Maybe he could have also defended Kyle with success... but you have to hand it to Kyle's legal team. Bravo!

John D
.
.
Posts: 5356
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:23 am
Location: Detroit, MI. USA

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#2456

Post by John D »

Haha. more often right than wrong is what I wanted to say.... Damn edit button.

John D
.
.
Posts: 5356
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:23 am
Location: Detroit, MI. USA

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#2457

Post by John D »

A very satisfying 38 minutes.

Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 14392
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#2458

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

John D wrote: Barnes does have an ego the size of his belly.... still more often right than wrong.
Maybe so, but what's his resting BP? Huh? Huh?

John D
.
.
Posts: 5356
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:23 am
Location: Detroit, MI. USA

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#2459

Post by John D »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
John D wrote: Barnes does have an ego the size of his belly.... still more often right than wrong.
Maybe so, but what's his resting BP? Huh? Huh?
More than a 40 inch waist.... certain death.... good bye cruel world!

Service Dog
.
.
Posts: 7031
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:52 pm
Location: Trash Island

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

#2460

Post by Service Dog »

I am not 100% sure Joe Biden is a pedophile.

I am 100% sure Joe Biden would nail the audition, if Law & Order SVU is casting a pedophile role.

The petting, staring at the boy's body, the salivating breathing.

Disagree?

CHANGE YOUR MIND:


Post Reply