Steerzing in a New Direction...

Old subthreads
Matt Cavanaugh

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Cry-bully, serial doxxer, and WaPo contributor, Taylor Lorenz, who suffers from Malady Hensley-esque twitter-induced PTSD, is doxxing the creator of Libs of Tik Tok and showed up outside the homes of said founder's family members to harass them:

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

I went to hospital to visit the old chink. Guard demanded vax card (but they don't care if your last jab wore-off 500 days ago).

Or else take rapid nasal swab test-- (which CDC's Walensky says doesn't detect transmissibility.)

I fumbled-around & held up the visitor line until... the guard just took my picture & printed a paper photo visitor ID... which says **VAX** after my name.

(So now I'm in their computer as vaxed & I have a recent photo ID which says I'm vaxed, if I ever need it.)

Every part of this is nonsense:

1. Demanding proof of a long-expired vax... is irrelevant to stopping covid.

2. The nasal swab test only detects antigens (immunity!) not contagiousness.
As for using rapid antigen tests... CDC's Walensky said it’s unclear whether a negative result indicates that a person is no longer transmitting the virus.

“... the FDA has not at all looked at whether … your positive antigen really does correlate with whether you’re transmissible or not,” she told “CBS Mornings.”

3.The guard is being paid to not-enforce their retarded rules.

4. Their ID card/computer record system generates false documents.

5. This is all at a hospital-- connected-to a major medical school. Fake Medicine.

The old man I was visiting-- was vaxed & boosted. They suspected TIA stroke, but there was no sign of that in CAT scan or MRI. He couldn't use one arm-- but recovered from that in one day (not a stroke).

At first, he could only speak gibberish-- but one day later he was back to speaking English, Japanese, Mandarin & Cantonese (not a stroke).

He still fades out of consciousness-- which matches my wikipedia-level knowledge of CSVT (which has been associated with getting the jab).

But the doctors' diagnosis is Lewy's Body Dementia.

One prob with that: that diagnosis relies on his "mental decline" (which, as far as I can tell, only exists only during the Narcoleptic Seizures... or Episodes or whatever you call 'em).

Another symptom noted in the diagnosis: 'personality changes'-- (Such as disregarding nurse advice to use a walker/ preferring to try to walk without/ even when the result is him falling-down. I see this as a sign of foolish health & strength. Not decline. And not a change from his previous personality!)

Another symptom: "delusions". The doctor noted that the old man had repeatedly tried to board the elevator & leave the nursing home-- during the Year & Many-Months he wasn't allowed outdoors/ or allowed visitors. When caught-leaving he said "My daughters are waiting right downstairs". The doctors count that as "delusional". That wasn't delusion: it was an alibi.

my diagnosis: One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest

Right before the visit-- old man had been given a suppository. "He's gonna take a dump" said the young Cantonese male nurse. I laughed at that terminology. We talked to the old guy for a while-- then he urged us to go take a walk, or get lunch, & come-back. The dump was eminent. He still has the dignity & consideration to choreograph our visit around him shitting the bed. He shat. Then he shat again. Then the old black junkie with syphillis sores on his dick... in the room's other bed... shat. We waited until they were cleaned-up & the stench lessened. But the old man said he had still had more shit coming. So we went outside... to buy thank-you snacks at the dollar store-- for the hospital staff (even the guards). The comic shop was open on Easter Sunday-- so I browsed-- but couldn't focus my attention. It was very masked-&-SJW in there.

GF & I went to an Italian restaurant. She's been going there every day with her sisters. So they've befriended the cute bartender girl. (Other hospital-adjacent restaurants-- where they used to go/ during parental hospitalizations/ are out of business due to lockdowns/NYC's decline.)

When we returned-- the old man was cleaned-up & all-shat-out & doing pretty well. He says his neck hurts (a mystery).

--

A few days ago, when the old man wouldn't-wake-up, many 'pyt replies were about end-of-life options. That day will come, but-- in this case, for now-- that's premature.

And I'm watching for signs-- to see whether "our" cultural shortcomings-- regarding facing death-- apply to a Chinese/Japanese family.

One thing which always crosses my mind-- is the plots they bought-- back in Japan, decades ago-- at a very prestigious cemetery. They had money, back then. They live like broke immigrants now. Apparently-- they could sell the plots... (perhaps for a million dollars!) But they have no intention of doing-so. They consider that money already-spent. I guess it buys some peace-of-mind... that their ashes will have a fashionable address, back in Japan. I get it. I expect my name will be added to the farm cemetery where my great-great grandfather first broke the ground, in a county named after General Custer.

Undertaker, undertaker. Won't you please drive slow. For that lady you are hauling. Lord, I hate to see her go.
Will the circle be unbroken. By & by Lord, by & by. There's a better home awaiting. In the sky Lord, in the sky.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Great tune. Interesting that vrbo has an ad with an asian actor for asian youtubes. All the treacly emo vrbo ads I get have blacks in them, and all I watch are youtubes of Active Self Protection, Greg's Planes and Automobiles, or Samantha Fish.

John D

Post by John D »

This is pretty good.

John D

Post by John D »

Service Dog wrote: I went to hospital to visit the old chink. Guard demanded vax card (but they don't care if your last jab wore-off 500 days ago).
Thanks for the story Dog. I still think you should write a book.

Anyway. I hope the old chink gets better soon. Doctors are really not any smarter than you and I so... yeah... they might not have any idea what they are talking about. All the stuff related to the jab have been obscured so the practicing docs don't know what to do.

I did a bunch of reading about the Chinese in America recently. This is mostly driven by my desire to understand the Chinese gangs called "Tongs". They were not so much gangs as they were social clubs than would sometimes engage in criminal activity. They would import sex slaves and run opium houses...etc... but they would also do good works... pretty interesting stuff.

So... what I learned that surprised me is the Chinese belief that you need to be buried by your ancestors. If you are not buried in your home your spirit will wander as a ghost. So, the Chinese would come to the US... work to make money... and then always return to China. This is part of the reason the Chinese did not grow to have large US populations. They did not want to stay. They wanted to make money and then leave to find a Chinese wife in China. The Tongs actually setup insurance policies for the Chinese in the US... that if someone would die they would ship their corpse back home to be buried.

So... I wonder if your old Chink wants to be buried back home. It is not about the money. He might not want to become a ghost.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Yeah, in one of Heinlein's books-- all the Chinks on the Moon, no matter how poor-- want their bones to go back to China on Earth. They dread dying lost-in-space.

In this guy's case... maybe a grave back in Communist China isn't an option. He definitely has (had) the illicit connections to make it happen... if there was any-such way.

So the lavish grave in Japan might be a next-best-thing. Or it might be vanity: He started out as a "Lee". Then took a Japanese surname-- which (viewing the characters a certain-way) can be translated as "JapanChina". And under that name he gained notoriety as a restauranteur & bar owner & person-to-be-treated-with-great-respect in the gangster world. One thing I've learned from knowing him-- is that... by the end of the 20th century... the line between 'Tong' and 'Yakuza' (and 'Chinese Communist Party' and local Japanese govt) can sometimes be blurry... & a guy who could function in all those environments (but avoid being beholden to any)... was limited by little-more than his imagination. (I see a long-expired US gun dealer license in the same old shoebox as a fucking *scroll* proclaiming the bearer is authorized to import antiques to Japan... and I wonder (but don't ask) how many 'antiques' he brought to the other side of the world, long ago.) So the fancy grave in Japan is an artifact of his glory days/ a way to 'take it with you'. In the garish style of the once-very-poor who later hit the jackpot. It's not cheating death-- but at least it's haggling.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Great tune... vrbo ad
"uBlock Origin" extension to Chrome... blocks YouTube ads for me. (Except this current job/ with a company email address/ running on gmail... screws up my extensions... every time I switch accounts.)

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

They moved the old chink from hospital back to nursing home... a rehab floor. GF rode in ambulance & came home happy... her dad already has 2 friends.

One is an Eye-talian wise guy from Mott St. (Little Italy. Location of the San Gennaro Festival... & the famous scene from The Godfather. https://youtu.be/rMVAqU8fmio ) He said he collapsed with blood clotting in his lungs in November-- & was unconscious on the floor for 2 days before he was discovered. Should have died. At first had a 20% chance of survival, then 50% after a week. Been in rehab ever since. "No one in my family had a regular job." His hustle was selling sneakers from a table on the street with his brother. Small sizes in Chinatown, large sizes in Bensonhurst. As Christmas neared-- half the table was sneakers/ half toys. They did it so long-- his brother figured-out the supply chain & got sneakers manufactured directly in China. He speaks some Cantonese... shoe sizes, prices.

The other new friend is Irish. Bar owner's son from Gramercy Park. He was an Army paratrooper-- 72 combat jumps-- until he was shot full of shrapnel. Up until last year-- he stayed in touch with the guy who rescued him in a helicopter. He only drinks once a year-- when he calls the guy & they do a shot over the phone. Until last year, "His wife said, 'he went out in a big way.' He shot himself in the head." (He stopped talking after he said that.) He speaks some Vietnamese. "I fall down. I fell 10 times. That's why I'm here. I'm on blood thinners... whenever I fall, it's very dangerous."

Meanwhile, the florist for the jazz party job called. The flowers are stuck in customs. The flowers are the centerpiece of the decor. It will be fine.

The grammy-nominated jazz band-- (with flashy Black Preacher origins) ((And they're always called 'grammy nominated' in every bit of PR)) --is very demanding about their equipment rental rider. They don't even bring their own sax or drums, but are very exacting about what they want. So we've brought-in this Gandalf lookin' sound guy-- who builds weird Dune-lookin' speakers for Talking Heads or Brian Eno or whatever... to negotiate tech stuff with the band's management.

Gandalf took a look at the 3D renderings of all the flowers... and told the Design company client (throwing the party) that it reminds-him of Robert Isabell. And when Gandalf says it 'reminds-him'... Gandalf means Gandalf was there... when florist/party-planner Robert Isabell... dumped 4 tons of glitter on the dancefloor of Studio 54 in the disco days. Or when Robert Isabell did kooky Lifestyles of the Rich & Famous '80's stuff for Nancy Reagan... Or the Clinton Administration's lavish Christmas decor... or Jackie O's funeral... or any number of 'legendary' exploits in the anal annals of faggotry.
The client is too young to know who Robert Isabell is... so I told him to check wikipedia... to understand the compliment. Funny thing is... the florist we're using... came from Colombia & worked for Robert Isabell... years ago. So Gandalf was right on the mark.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Isabell

Cocaine is a hell of a drug... (not his best work)...

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Some cunts were more equal than others.

You can't use the muckraker's rake to rake her muck.

https://media.patriots.win/post/pJf6rPvHWGHE.jpeg

John D

Post by John D »

Love the internets....

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Justin V is pwning FFRF attorney and champion wanker, Andrew Seidel, on twitter:

https://twitter.com/AndrewLSeidel

(I don't twatter, so you all have to find it yourselves.)

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Stankeye

Post by Stankeye »

Ahteist groups need to die in a fire.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Atheism plus fire.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Service Dog wrote: Atheism plus fire.
Ahteist plus fire, surely?

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

I revisited the eagle nest with more favorable light:
DSCN1434 (2).JPG
(1.97 MiB) Downloaded 220 times

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Stankeye wrote: Ahteist groups need to die in a fire.
Hells already at full capacity.

Perhaps a little soon to pass judgement on the 'Atheists for Liberty' organisation.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

When the immunocompromised screwtapes need convalescent plasma, only the loathesome unvaxed... can help.

https://media.patriots.win/post/X9qzrw05XTQU.jpeg

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

MarcusAu wrote: Perhaps a little soon to pass judgement on the 'Atheists for Liberty' organisation.
AFL is the only non-woke atheist org. At this moment, all the other shit-ass orgs are ganging up on AFL and Justin Vacula, for the audacity of criticizing the race-baiting, CRT garbage pushed at American Atheists' recent convention. They are acting like the true baboons they are.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

MarcusAu wrote:
Stankeye wrote: Ahteist groups need to die in a fire.
Hells already at full capacity.

Perhaps a little soon to pass judgement on the 'Atheists for Liberty' organisation.
Don't know much about AFL, but expect that "full capacity" is not a bug but a feature ... ;-)

Sadly, rather too many features in common in religious fundamentalists, the woke, and atheists. Self-righteousness is a helluva drug, regardless of whether it's based on believing one has Gawd in one's back pocket, or believing that one is on "the right side of history, that "biological sex in humans is immutable" (!!11!! :roll: ), that "women" don't get their "female" membership cards revoked once they hit menopause ... ;-)

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Be honest - would you be comfortable with these drooling fiddly-fucks "teaching" your 5 year old?

I'm sorry, it's a "shotguns at dawn" from me.

free thoughtpolice

Another picture from one of Hunter Biden's laptops. Mote evidence that MAGA conservatives are real men and liberals are emasculated, low testosterone trannies loving girly men.
madison man.PNG
(1.02 MiB) Downloaded 165 times

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Bhurzum wrote: Be honest - would you be comfortable with these drooling fiddly-fucks "teaching" your 5 year old?

Guarantee the halfway decent-looking broads keep their panties on.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Bhurzum wrote: Be honest - would you be comfortable with these drooling fiddly-fucks "teaching" your 5 year old?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKrNRLhtkzI

I'd start the kids off with simpler concepts - like that to have a sex is to have functional gonads of either of two types which they probably won't acquire until puberty ... ;-)

But I can sympathize, though I wouldn't dignify their "arguments" by making the contest into a duel - couple of two-by-fours up along side the ears to begin with, just to get their attention.

Though it's nice to see in the first minute or so that that "show" has been cancelled. There should be, and hopefully will be hell to pay for that whole clusterfuck - absolutely bloody criminal, in more ways than one:
The beginning of the end
The gender abattoirs will not survive a public inquiry

For years, LGBQT+ activists have been leading gender non-conforming kids into a physical and psychological meat grinder. Young women removing healthy breasts, taking drugs that they will depend on for the rest of their lives, all of them believing they’re living their truth while making millions for surgeons and pharma companies.
https://grahamlinehan.substack.com/p/th ... he-end?s=r

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Another picture from one of Hunter Biden's laptops. Mote evidence that MAGA conservatives are real men and liberals are emasculated, low testosterone trannies loving girly men.
madison man.PNG
You are not good at this. Your posts don't make any sense.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Service Dog wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote: Another picture from one of Hunter Biden's laptops. Mote evidence that MAGA conservatives are real men and liberals are emasculated, low testosterone trannies loving girly men.
madison man.PNG
You are not good at this. Your posts don't make any sense.
Biden = Democrats
Democrats = trans women are women, whether they have penises or not
Ergo, Democrats are "emasculated, low testosterone trannies" ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syllogism

Easy peasy ;-)

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Everything that theatre does is utter shite.

https://www.thisegg.co.uk/_files/ugd/79 ... 839f83.pdf
There is an uplifting dance. Then the audience are asked to close their eyes. Lydia recounts what happened to her the night she was stripped. We howl. The audience opens their eyes. There is movement, we lift each other up. We move a sewing machine centre stage. Lydia sits behind it. We sing and leave the stage. She tells us a story of almost loosing her passport. We come on stage and sit around her. We close our eyes. Lydia moves (still with her eyes closed) to find us. We open our eyes. There is white noise, we talk to one another but the audience can't hear us. One by one, we come and tell the audience what Lydia said to us when she told us what had happened. Meanwhile, Lydia lays out costumes of us.

The lights go down, there is a drum roll. One at a time, a light comes up as Lydia helps us into our new costumes. The lights come up, music starts and there is a big cheesy dance. The show begins. Then, there are solo moments... There is a song. There is a clown routine. There is a grotesque movement sequence. A stand up routine, a moment where someone tries to speak but can’t (becomes movement), another song (more showy, more belt). Lydia’s friends get stuck in a loop. She gives us Harvey Weinstein Masks. We do a tap does with them on. One by one, the friends take their masks and costumes off. Josie stays. She asks Lydia a series of questions. She asked her to help her take her costume off. She doesn’t. Josie leaves the stage. Lydia sits at the sewing machine. She asks a series of questions. She hides under the ice of costumes. Nobahar gets up. She recounts seeing Lydia, her anxiety, PTSD. She sings to her. They sing together. Josie and Olivia join them. They tell the audience about Lydia making her clothes. Lydia asks the audience to close their eyes again. She recounts her story from publishing a blog about what happened.

She imagines into the future. Everyone opens their eyes. The friends clear the stage. Lydia sits at her sewing machine. She dances. She brings her friends back on stage. They dance and sing together. The lights go down.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

They - including the BBC - will be lucky if they don't get strung up by their nuts and be left to twist in the wind - figuratively speaking of course ...
The BBC must be a part of the investigation into the trans scandal
The organisation should not escape scrutiny for their part in spreading a viral fad for dysphoria

How many kids have been harmed and families torn apart since then? Here’s everything we have on the site about ideological capture at the BBC. I hope some of it is of use to anyone investigating the Tavistock/Stonewall/Mermaids scandal.
https://grahamlinehan.substack.com/p/th ... gation?s=r

As for "playing the victim" - a popular game of late - and since you probably don't get around much to WEIT these days ... ;-) , Coyne had linked to an Atlantic article by Haidt which speaks, more or less accurately, to our common malaise which "playing the victim" seems part and parcel of:

https://whyevolutionistrue.com/2022/04/ ... ican-life/
https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/ar ... el/629369/

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Further proof that Haidt has swallowed the red pill, but it lodged in his throat.

And Coyne imagines himself above the fray, but he's reflexively woke and dogmatic and close-minded.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Further proof that Haidt has swallowed the red pill, but it lodged in his throat.
Didn't read the whole thing, but I thought a few of his points rang a bit of a false note. Though still a useful overview or point of reference.
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: And Coyne imagines himself above the fray, but he's reflexively woke and dogmatic and close-minded.
Bee in your bonnet? ;-)

Though I'll concede he's often "dogmatic and closed-minded". Particularly when it comes to free-will versus determinism - he was "not amused" when I suggested that that was something of an "article of faith" with him, not far removed from various religious dogmata.

Nor was he terribly impressed when I suggested or argued that his "sex is bimodal" was very wide of the mark, that membership in the sex categories is predicated on having functional gonads of either of two types, that those with neither are thereby sexless. Though not many people are ... ;-)

Somewhat apropos of which, a recent comment of mine over at GC News:
Though I was a little "disconcerted" to see you touting Zach Elliott's rather unscientific and quite idiosyncratic re-definitions of the sexes:

"One's reproductive anatomy does not have to be fully developed or fully functional to be a male or female. All the classification needs is that you started on the path of development towards the production of sperm or ova, regardless of past, present, or future functionality."

Sure would like to see you or Zach - or others, like Emma Hilton & Colin Wright, peddling such schlock - actually link to reputable journals, dictionaries, and encyclopedias which endorse their re-definitions:

The standard biological definitions for the sexes, endorsed by Lexico, Google/OED, Wikipedia, Merriam-Webster, Paul Griffiths (co-author of Genetics & Philosophy), Lehtonen, & Parker (writing in the Journal of Theoretical Biology) say absolutely diddly-squat about "developed anatomies", or "paths of development", much less absent the abilities to actually produce - present tense indefinite - gametes of either of two types:
https://gcnews.substack.com/p/friday-ap ... 201619?s=r

In any case, still think Coyne provides something of a useful introduction or overview of some of the more egregious transgressions of the woke and their fellow travelers:

https://whyevolutionistrue.com/2022/03/ ... l-society/

John D

Post by John D »

This post has nothing to do with anything... but. My next Dracula's America game scenario is called "Jailbreak." Typical rescue scenario... should be fun. Lots of shot up cowboys and Chinese and Indians. So... I look for a theme song for our game on Tuesday and I find this fucking gem! God... Bon Scott and Angus Young were fantastic.... haha... "He got out..... with a bullet in his back!"

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

original version of jailbreak below. If you're like me, you've heard it on the radio for decades... and never paid attention... always thinking it was a verse from 'The Boys Are Back In Town' (which it was on the same album)

John D

Post by John D »

Hey Dog.... I now remember the Thin Lizzy song. Really great groove. It is, however, a completely different song than the ACDC song. They only share a title.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Just saw The Sewing Circle by Richard Kern. My, but that man has produced some odd stuff.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0274828/

John D

Post by John D »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Further proof that Haidt has swallowed the red pill, but it lodged in his throat.

And Coyne imagines himself above the fray, but he's reflexively woke and dogmatic and close-minded.
I am a big Haidt fan. He makes a lot of sense to me. This recent article is very interesting... but it is not inspiring to me. He makes requests... like... we need to improve people's trust in the institutions. okay... fine... but how exactly do we do that? In my view we have to let this tower of babble fall down and then people will decide what to do next. Who can trust the CIA or CDC or FBI? What would they have to do to become trusted? I have no idea.

He also proposes odd changes to social media that will not work and can be gamed just like the current system.

I think I like the Haidt that just explains how things work... and then shuts up.

John D

Post by John D »

I gave up on Coyne completely about four years ago. Fuck him.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

John D wrote: Hey Dog.... I now remember the Thin Lizzy song. Really great groove. It is, however, a completely different song than the ACDC song. They only share a title.
Dang-- My Mister Know-it-all routine has been on quite a losing streak, for a full week!

I shoulda clicked before I clacked!

John D

Post by John D »

Service Dog wrote:
John D wrote: Hey Dog.... I now remember the Thin Lizzy song. Really great groove. It is, however, a completely different song than the ACDC song. They only share a title.
Dang-- My Mister Know-it-all routine has been on quite a losing streak, for a full week!

I shoulda clicked before I clacked!
haha. Watch the AC/DC at full volume… or play it on some good loud speakers… so fucking great. And the way Bon Scott delivers the line “ he got out… with a bullet in his back!” Dood was a crazy genius. The song is sort of a stupid B movie… but it is delivered with such skill and power. Wonderful stuff

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

John D wrote:

I am a big Haidt fan. He makes a lot of sense to me. This recent article is very interesting... but it is not inspiring to me. He makes requests... like... we need to improve people's trust in the institutions. okay... fine... but how exactly do we do that?
Aye, there's the rub. As Tuchman put it her "The Proud Tower" - speaking of falling towers - it's generally "easier" to build Jerusalems on the other side of the planet than in our own back yards.
John D wrote: In my view we have to let this tower of babble fall down and then people will decide what to do next. Who can trust the CIA or CDC or FBI? What would they have to do to become trusted? I have no idea.

He also proposes odd changes to social media that will not work and can be gamed just like the current system.

I think I like the Haidt that just explains how things work... and then shuts up.
One can at least sympathize with letting the "tower of babel fall down", though that tends to be somewhat shortsighted at best - "apres moi, le deluge" and all that.

You might be interested in an "honest courtesan's" take, including some quotes of a lawyer at Popehat:
The United States of history, the patriotic fiction to which so many believe they owe fealty, is as dead as the dodo; it was born with an ugly birth defect which doomed it from the start, and the monstrous doppelganger which grew like some loathsome fungus inside of its carcass would not be worthy of saving even if that were possible. Nor are the majority of modern Western nations any better.

I’m not calling for a revolution; I’m saying that a revolution is inevitable, whether we like it or not. The powerful have made it inevitable, despite the best efforts of those philosophically-inclined revolutionaries we call the “Founding Fathers” to minimize the extent to which the power-hungry could take control over the less-able, less-connected, less-ambitious and less-evil. ....

Last December, Clark Bianco of Popehat wrote a powerful polemic about what our system has become; in it he refutes the common argument that the system is “broken” (which implies it can be “fixed”, a contention he and I both deny). It’s well worth your time, but here’s a sample:
Twenty years ago I was a libertarian. I thought the system could be reformed. I thought that some parts of it “worked”… whatever that means. I thought that the goals were noble, even if not often achieved. The older I get, the more I see, the more I read, the more clear it becomes to me that the entire game is rigged…the system is not reformable. There are multiple classes of people…the bottom of the hierarchy…can, literally, be killed with impunity…Next up…are…regular peons…[who] can have our…rectums explored at the roadside…because the cops got permission from a dog…Next up…are the…disciplined-voting-blocks…[then] the cops…judiciary and…prosecutors…and…at…the [top]…the true ruling class: the cabal of (most) politicians and (some) CEOs, conspiring both against their own competitors and the public at large…The system is not fixable because it is not broken. It is working, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, to give the insiders their royal prerogatives, and to shove the regulations, the laws, and the debt up the asses of everyone else.

Burn it to the ground.

Burn it to the ground.

Burn it to the ground.
https://maggiemcneill.com/2014/11/05/to-the-ground/
https://www.popehat.com/2013/12/23/burn ... he-ground/

Quotes_Kennedy_Revolution.jpg
(82.18 KiB) Downloaded 110 times

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Support for complete destruction, salting and pissing on the ashes depends on what you mean by 'the system'.

Government, Corporations, democracy, monarchy, the Catholic Church, Islam, religion in general, or conversely atheists - can all be substituted in. How much support you'll get get depends on who you are addressing at the time.

John D

Post by John D »

This is good.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Lsuoma wrote: Just saw The Sewing Circle by Richard Kern. My, but that man has produced some odd stuff.

Been done before by de Sade in his Philosophy in the Bedroom, which follows his usual pattern of sex > group sex > butt sex > gay butt sex > turd munching > bondage > flogging > genital mutilation > necrophilia > discussion of politics.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

MarcusAu wrote: Support for complete destruction, salting and pissing on the ashes depends on what you mean by 'the system'.

Government, Corporations, democracy, monarchy, the Catholic Church, Islam, religion in general, or conversely atheists - can all be substituted in. How much support you'll get get depends on who you are addressing at the time.
Indeed. But once one starts on putting people up against the wall, or underneath the guillotine blade, or taking them out to "the killing fields", it's hard to know when to stop ...

Why there's some merit in the idea of being proactive, of reforming the system before the ultimate collapse. As I think I may have mentioned ..., I'm currently re-reading Tuchman's "The Proud Tower" - fascinating, highly recommended, incredibly vivid and heart-breaking details, not least on the often ugly face of "tradition", so to speak ... ;-)

But the tail end of it goes into extensive detail on the labour movements of the times - late 1800s, very early 1900s - which was characterized by fractious battles therein over reform and accommodation versus outright revolution. In particular, about "Eduard Bernstein ... a German social democratic Marxist theorist and politician" who drew attention to the fact that:
... contrary to Marx: the middle class was not disappearing; the number of pertied persons was increasing, no decreasing. ... the working class was not sinking in progressive impoverishment but slowly making gains. .... Increased production was not all being consumed by capitalists but was spreading into increased consumption by the middle class and even, as they earned more, by the proletariat. .... The wider the spread of money, the less chance of any single economic crisis bringing about a final crash. If Socialists waited for that, Bernstein warned, they might wait indefinitely. In short the grim twins, Verelendung and Zusammenbruch [pauperization & collapse?], were shadows. [TPT, pg 502]
Kind of fascinating to see the reforms that were implemented then: 8 hour days, old-age pensions, making factory owners liable for unsafe working conditions, right to unionize and strike, etc, etc.

Moot of course whether conditions are quite as bad as they were then. But still a great deal of rot in the so-called elites that's little short of the "Let them eat cake", and "Apres moi, le deluge" that was typical then or not much before then. I'm reminded of a quip spoken by GW Bush, Junior, to a bunch of his well-heeled supporters: "My kind of people: the haves and the have-mores." Maybe intended as something of a joke but, as with many such "jokes", there's some brute, and brutal, facts undergirding that quip. Sam Harris had an interesting essay some years ago on "How Rich is Too Rich?":

https://www.samharris.org/blog/how-rich-is-too-rich

Though there's also a great deal of rot in the Democrats, much of which is in their pandering to the woke, to a "bundle of primitive instincts" that characterizes the mob.

"Scylla and Charybdis" hardly does justice to the problems we face. Maybe more starkly delineated and consequential in the US, but hardly less so in other western countries.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Lsuoma wrote: Just saw The Sewing Circle by Richard Kern. My, but that man has produced some odd stuff.

Been done before by de Sade in his Philosophy in the Bedroom, which follows his usual pattern of sex > group sex > butt sex > gay butt sex > turd munching > bondage > flogging > genital mutilation > necrophilia > discussion of politics.
:o :) "sex > ... > discussion of politics" Inexorable, as surely as night follows day ... ;-)

But somewhat apropos of which, and of the recently terminated "Family Sex Show", a fairly decent and quite detailed analysis by "feminist" "philosopher" Kathleen Stock:

https://kathleenstock.substack.com/p/kn ... -enemy?s=r

I guess when "the personal is political" it's more or less inevitable that sex winds up being a political issue. A case in point being the current campaign slogan of various women's groups in the UK, "Respect my sex if you want my X" - largely predicated on or precipitated by Labour's inability to say that women don't have penises. Sincerely hope that Labour winds up being crippled if not destroyed as a political party as a result - the pervasive and pernicious rot that transgender dogma has wrought, so to speak.

Though the roots of that rot go rather deep and into some quite toxic and mephitic territory, much of which is predicated on a general inability or refusal to endorse the standard biological definitions for the sexes:

https://www.realityslaststand.com/p/sex ... 213355?s=r

[The foregoing has been a paid political announcement; we now return you to your regular scheduled programming ... ;-) ]

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

John D wrote: I gave up on Coyne completely about four years ago. Fuck him.
"Four legs good, two legs bad", amirite? :roll:

He's hardly perfect - sadly, so few of us are ... - but I find that many of his "blog" posts - so to speak - are quite informative and useful. Case in point being the clusterfuck in New Zealand over "other ways of knowing" - what a fucking joke:

https://whyevolutionistrue.com/2022/03/ ... l-society/

You might be a bit more concerned as the rot that characterizes "science" in New Zealand - and in their egregiously misnamed "Stats NZ" which is little more than an egregiously odious and noxious "Ministry of Truth" - is likely coming to a town and professional organization near you. Case in point:
Although the term gender is commonly substituted for the term sex they are not interchangeable, as they are different concepts. Whereas sex is a biologically determined variable, gender refers to the socially and culturally perceived or expected dimensions of behaviour associated with males and females, that is masculinity and femininity respectively

Sex reassignment or assignment
Sex reassignment occurs where a person has undergone the necessary treatment to permanently change their sex. If a person's sex is indeterminate at birth, sex assignment occurs when they undergo treatment to become male or female.
http://aria.stats.govt.nz/aria/?_ga=2.1 ... 0KtGf6RhVY

Great that they actually acknowledge that sex and gender are two entirely different kettles of fish, but they nowhere define exactly what it means to be male and female, no stipulation of "necessary and sufficient conditions" that qualify individuals of all sexually-reproducing species - i.e., functional gonads of two and only two types - as males and females. Probably why they reach the gobsmacking and profoundly cretinous "conclusion" that people can "permanently change their sex".

And probably why New Zealand "scientists" peddle schlock like this:

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Steersman wrote:
Coyne is a twat. Fuck him. Too cowardly to allow opinions he disagrees with voiced on his (yes, it's a) blog, (rainman). Said blog being pretty much co-authored now by Ken 'Circle K' Kukec.

John D

Post by John D »

Just bought this little beauty. I am going to e-bike to work when I can. My wife and I will go from two cars to one. Easily pays for the e-bike. I rode her around at about 17mph today. What a riot. So fun. Her name is Claudia.

https://www.aventon.com/products/avento ... uter-ebike

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Steersman wrote:
Coyne is a twat. Fuck him. Too cowardly to allow opinions he disagrees with voiced on his (yes, it's a) blog, (rainman). Said blog being pretty much co-authored now by Ken 'Circle K' Kukec.
Well, it's certainly nice to know what really chaps your hide. Though I would have thought that the woke riding roughshod over the core principles and bastions of western civilization and science might have been a bit more of a concern. But, hey, different strokes and all that ... ;-)

But can't say that I've followed his blog - and his commentariat - sufficiently well to agree or not about "Kukec". Though I get the impression that not many there are give much credence, let alone the time of day to any "contrary opinions" - like that sex is not immutable ... ;-) Despite me trying.

I happen to have run across a quote of Upton Sinclair - on a Substack post about Academia - to the effect that "it is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it.” Likewise when his (why no "her"?) standing in the tribe depends on it. Takes a brave man - or woman or otherkin - to buck the conventional wisdom.

Interesting Substack post though - "Universities are madrassas for woke stupidity" being worth the price of admission, though it's actually free to subscribe to:

https://michaelrobillard.substack.com/p ... ademia?s=r

But if you really feel it necessary to weigh-in on Jerry's blog, there are ways around the ban.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

free thoughtpolice wrote: I revisited the eagle nest with more favorable light:
DSCN1434 (2).JPG
That's just an awesome shot.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

My contribution for the day.
Family Picture-Small.jpg
(633.8 KiB) Downloaded 102 times

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

John D wrote: Just bought this little beauty. I am going to e-bike to work when I can. My wife and I will go from two cars to one. Easily pays for the e-bike. I rode her around at about 17mph today. What a riot. So fun. Her name is Claudia.

https://www.aventon.com/products/avento ... uter-ebike
I've recently started considering an e-bike. It would definitely help with the gas, but as someone who is fast approaching 60, I'm not sure I want to ride on busy city streets anymore. Interested in reading your take on the whole experience.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:

Did he film it?

:think: :think: :think:

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Lsuoma wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:

Did he film it?

:think: :think: :think:
Also, if you want a nice story about turd munching, check out The Mortmere Stories by Edward Upward (Upward Gardener?)

free thoughtpolice

Gumby wrote: My contribution for the day.

Family Picture-Small.jpg
The point of view makes that goose like Godzilla!
Is that a real nest?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

John D wrote: My wife and I will go from two cars to one. I rode her around at about 17mph today.
And how was the e-bike?

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

free thoughtpolice wrote:

Family Picture-Small.jpg
Is that a real nest?
Yep, real nest. The geese are old friends of mine, they've set up shop by my patio for years. I don't use telephoto on these shots, I just belly right up to the nest. Such as with this shot, where I was only a couple of feet away. In a month I'll have baby geese waddling all over me. I'm just cool like that.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Gumby wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:

Family Picture-Small.jpg
Is that a real nest?
Yep, real nest. The geese are old friends of mine, they've set up shop by my patio for years. I don't use telephoto on these shots, I just belly right up to the nest. Such as with this shot, where I was only a couple of feet away. In a month I'll have baby geese waddling all over me. I'm just cool like that.
Looks like a proud mama; surprised you got that close.

Though, careful they don't "imprint" on you ... ;-)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imprinting_(psychology)