Steerzing in a New Direction...

Old subthreads
Matt Cavanaugh

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Service Dog wrote: Female photojournalist displeased that NBC news softened & blurred her photos of the tranny swimmer.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

John D wrote: My wife claims she wants to kill herself every day.
Well, she's shit out of luck there. It's one and done, not a daily affair.
Then she goes off on me at the end of the day about what a shit person I am.
Wouldn't most people here would have sympathy with that point of view? ;-)

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

John D wrote: wife: "You called me disgusting and you said you don't want to have sex with me anymore."
me: "I was angry with you. I don't remember calling you disgusting, but if I did I am sorry. I do not think you are disgusting. I apologize if I said this."
wife: "yes... you called me disgusting."
me: "I am sorry. I do not think you are disgusting. I was angry and I apologize."
wife: "I think that you believe I am disgusting. I think we should divorce."
me: "Okay. Let's just divorce."
wife: "I didn't say I wanted a divorce. I just think that you drink too much."
me: "Okay. So let's just divorce."
wife: "I didn't say I wanted a divorce."
me: (I wander off to bed)

WTF

Then I go to bed and have a nice 7 hour sleep. No bad dreams. No restlessness. Don't care about what happened.

Oh man. Hard to manage this. My wife claims she wants to kill herself every day. I am becoming numb to this. Every day it is the same. Yesterday we had friends over. We had fun. We went to dinner. Then she goes off on me at the end of the day about what a shit person I am. Fine bitch. Your depression is not my fault. I can't fix you.... and you cannot drag me into your collapse.
"And I sympathized and eulogized Frank Jones" ... ;-)

Along the same line and ICYMI, you might want to watch Burton and Taylor in Albee's "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?":
According to Lawrence Kingsley, Albee’s characters create illusions to help them evade feelings of their own inadequacy—as "George and Martha have evaded the ugliness of their marriage by taking refuge in illusion.” The play demonstrates "how his characters must rid themselves of falsehood and return to the world in which they must live."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Who%27s_A ... d_illusion

In addition, as you seem to have some personal exposure to the effects of transgenderism, you might be interested in the views of philosopher and "gender-critical" feminist Kathleen Stock:

https://kathleenstock.substack.com/p/en ... rse-of?s=r
Entering the parallel universe of transactivism

When people say things like “transwomen are women”, “transmen are men”, and “nonbinary people are neither women nor men”, what do they mean? In my book Material Girls I suggested that many of them are immersed in a fiction.
Though "one toke over the line" might be more accurate, but who's quibbling ...

In any case, a bonus is a few of my own comments thereat - along with a plethora of citations for those keeping track ... ;-)

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Bhurzum wrote: This looks like it might cause a shit-storm...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZPMS6cSYGQ
Thrown the fox in amongst the chickens? ;-) Seems many others are joining in on the fun.

Though arguably the "honour" of throwing the first of those "chickens" has to belong to "Posie Parker"; I wonder if you ever saw or heard about her campaign to emblazon the definition for "woman" - i.e., "adult human female" - on billboards and buildings all across the UK in letters 10 feet high:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-45650462

The modern-day equivalent of "mene, mene, tekel, upharsin" - the writing on the walls in more ways than one.

But it might help if people were to answer the simpler though more illuminating and analogous question of "what is a 'teenager'?" Many traits are more or less typical of teenagers, but there's only one that all of them share: being between the ages of 13 to 19 inclusive.

Likewise with "woman" - the only trait that all of them share, that define the category, that is necessary to qualify for membership therein is being a female. Which of course no transwoman - compound word like "crayfish" which ain't - will ever do.

However, rather large number of women balk at that perspective, that definition, as it means that they lose their "membership cards" when they hit menopause; see:

https://kathleenstock.substack.com/p/en ... 702051?s=r

Methinks too many of them are trying to have their cakes and eat them too. Think that that definition is something of the proverbial "monkey trap" for many of them, although many others are likewise trapped - would be amusing if it weren't so "problematic":

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyl ... r-burkeman

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Steersman wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:49 am
Likewise with "woman" - the only trait that all of them share, that define the category, that is necessary to qualify for membership therein is being a female. Which of course no transwoman - compound word like "crayfish" which ain't - will ever do.

However, rather large number of women balk at that perspective, that definition, as it means that they lose their "membership cards" when they hit menopause; see:
How many women do you imagine give a crap about pointless pedantry? What's a large number? 3,4, 10?

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Steersman wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:49 am

How many women do you imagine give a crap about pointless pedantry? What's a large number? 3,4, 10?
You may wish to ask that question of "Posie" and all of the many women who have rallied around that "flag", that definition for "woman", i.e., "adult human female":

https://www.standingforwomen.com/

If we can't, or won't, say what words mean then they're useless, worse than useless. You might also ask that question of Voltaire or those who have followed in his footsteps, who have made a tradition - so to speak - of his philosophy:

https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/779986 ... your-terms

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: How many women do you imagine give a crap about pointless pedantry?
How are you defining "women" in that question?

https://c.tenor.com/NVU_vcIzNA0AAAAM/dr ... ggling.gif

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Steersman wrote: I wonder if you ever saw or heard about her campaign to emblazon the definition for "woman" - i.e., "adult human female" - on billboards and buildings all across the UK in letters 10 feet high:
Yup, I remember it well. She's a bat-shit feminist scold but on this subject, she's 100% on the money!

Keating

Post by Keating »

Revisiting 2010 memes. What will happen if gay marriage is legalised?

https://4and20blackbirds.files.wordpres ... -chart.jpg

:cdc:

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Steersman wrote:
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: ↑
You may wish to ask that question of "Posie" and all of the many women
I'll ask a woman.

Question: "Steersman contends that-- at menopause-- women lose their "membership cards" and are no longer women. How many women does Steersman imagine give a crap."

Answer: she made me read the question 3 times. Then she said "Very many." Followed by "...in reality..." which trailed-off into her taking a sip of white wine with ice. Then she made her voice gravely and she said "Call me maaaaaa'am."

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

fafnir wrote: Weird. For a basic shitty PHP website... it was kind of slow to load.
The spyware is often poorly written and CPU intensive.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

One of the 'good causes' Harry's Razors sponsors:

https://www.acalltomen.org

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

So I got my dogs 3 years rabies shot recently, and then a few days later brought my cat in for her rabies and feluke and this was her first time to the real vet and I was telling the ladies about how this was a cat that was pretty cranky about getting her nails trimmed in the first cat I ever had where I couldn't quite manage it without it becoming too big a fight, and of course the professional s had my Kitty rolling over like a baby rag doll and letting it happen no problem. I stopped at the dump / transfer station which is kind of in one end of a giant cavernous former freight transfer center, and without thinking released my cat who began running and trailing a three or four foot leash, whence a young man working there chased her, dove onto the end of the leash and she kicks straight up and and it was just like watching calf roping at the rodeo

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Bhurzum wrote:
Steersman wrote: I wonder if you ever saw or heard about her campaign to emblazon the definition for "woman" - i.e., "adult human female" - on billboards and buildings all across the UK in letters 10 feet high:
Yup, I remember it well. She's a bat-shit feminist scold but on this subject, she's 100% on the money!
Certainly a lot of "bat-shit" - though no evidence yet of any Covid variant therein ... ;-) - in much of feminism and in too many "feminists". Though some of the saner ones are starting to consider that, maybe, they're more part of the problem than of the solution. Including Stock herself:
What I do find interesting, though, is how things went so badly wrong: the causes, not the reasons. I’ve had a lot of time to think about this. One big question for this newsletter will be: how did mainstream feminism come to embrace what I’m calling the stupid story, so that many feminists ended up cancelling themselves out of politically effective existence? Effectively, the stupid story functions, for mainstream feminism, as a reductio ad absurdum: it reduces most of contemporary feminism to risible absurdity, necessitating urgent reflection on the tenability of prior commitments to explain how the absurdity ever got such a firm grip.
https://kathleenstock.substack.com/p/fe ... t-camp?s=r

No indication yet whether she's willing to consider her own contributions to that clusterfuck, notably by insisting, absent evidence or even a coherent argument, that "biological sex in humans is immutable”. I think I've managed to convince some of them that, in general, sex is most certainly not "immutable". That "in humans" being their desperate grabbing at straws, their "special pleading", their snatching of defeat from the jaws of victory.

Something that Posie herself seems guilty of - why I'd suggest something less than your "100% on the money", even if that qualification is partly by reading between the lines. But a fairly common failing, Maya Forstater being the poster-girl for it:

GoogleDrive_MayaForstater_Judgement_Pt83_1C.jpg
(91.32 KiB) Downloaded 184 times

free thoughtpolice

DSCN1253 (3).JPG
(1.61 MiB) Downloaded 181 times

free thoughtpolice

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Service Dog wrote:
Steersman wrote:
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: ↑
You may wish to ask that question of "Posie" and all of the many women
I'll ask a woman.
One is hardly much of a sample, although Fafnir may insist otherwise ...

But a rather large number of people, including women, don't seem to have a clue about the most rudimentary elements of biology. That Matt Walsh video being a case in point. Likewise with Ketanji Jackson on whom Tucker Carlson had some choice comments:

Though he's a bit clueless on the definition for "woman" himself as he suggests "a woman is a human being with 2 X chromosomes" (@ 00:53). Although I have to concede he makes some more or less reasonable points later on:
9:29 The point of the trans movement isn't to convince anyone that biology isn't real. That's an impossible case to make but you would sound ridiculous if you tried to articulate that, much less explain it.

The point of this exercise is very different. The point is to make the rest of us repeat a lie, to say something that we know perfectly well is not true. “Lia Thomas is a proud beautiful woman who won the swim meet because she practiced harder than the other girls.” “Lia Thomas deserved to win that greater victory wasn't cheating and I don't notice her bulging swimsuit.” “I don't know what you're talking about.”

That's what they demand you say. Not because they care about Lia Thomas or any other transperson. They could care less. Making you pretend [to] believe something you don't, that's the point. Because if they can make you to pretend to believe something you know is untrue, they have won. They control your brain.

This isn't about trans people It's about all of us. And the stakes are very high. That's why this censorship is so intense but have you noticed? Our national conversation about transgenderism is completely defined by censorship. By making you shut up you're not allowing you to notice the obvious is why they are doing it. There is no attempt to persuade you, there is no fact-based argument.
Largely the whole point of Posie Parker's broadcast of the standard definition based on being a member of the female sex. Though she and many others drop the ball when it comes to defining "female". But the point is that the transloonie nutcases, most of whom are psychotic thugs, can only be unhorsed by drawing a line in the sand, by "fact-based arguments" founded on the biological definitions.
Service Dog wrote: Question: "Steersman contends that-- at menopause-- women lose their "membership cards" and are no longer women. How many women does Steersman imagine give a crap."
Given the number of women - one assumes - who have blocked me on Twitter for making that argument - including Hunny Bunny, Maya Forstater, Helen Joyce, and Kathleen Stock - I'd say that they, and many others, were certainly rather "offended" by it, probably because they recognize, in their heart of hearts, the truth of it:

Tweets_JamesWatt_KathleenStock_2B.jpg
(33.47 KiB) Downloaded 164 times
Service Dog wrote: Answer: she made me read the question 3 times. Then she said "Very many." Followed by "...in reality..." which trailed-off into her taking a sip of white wine with ice. Then she made her voice gravely and she said "Call me maaaaaa'am."
Well, la - dee -dah! Did she have her pinkie raised as she did so? ... :roll:

But where have I claimed to be a woman? Something else you're cutting from whole cloth? Or maybe she's trying to tell you something? :think: :roll:

Keating

Post by Keating »

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Busted! ;-)

But one passage in the article that leaped out at me:
Walsh has made a mission of exposing the lies of trans ideology, which seeks to establish that there is not difference between biological sex and gender, and that one can switch their sex designation simply by saying so.
Some justification for that, but many people - mostly Americans by the look of it, and who aren't at all in the transgender camp, Hud Secretary Ben Carson for example - are likewise insisting that sex and gender are the same:

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2019/09/21 ... rs-828045/

But those two groups - the transloonies on the one hand, and Carson and company on the other - have very different ideas of what "sex AKA gender" consists of. Largely why I - and Walsh and many others - argue for a system, of sorts, in which sex and gender are entirely different categories.

In any case, as I think I've mentioned several times before, I'd had several articles of my own published there, under my own name, several years ago. Which they wound up deleting - maybe because they had changed their hosting platform - but not before I'd archived them, one of which was on "the transgender issue". Couple of relevant snippets, though I might point out that Post Millennial's formatting of my "deathless prose" was less than ideal:
And a common thread running through all of those somewhat rancorous if not sectarian “debates” is the question, the crux of the matter, of just what are appropriate and justified definitions for, primarily, the terms “woman” and “female”. ....

For example, there’s the Slate article by Michele Goldberg – The Trans Women Who Say That Trans Women Aren’t Women – who accuse, with no shortage of justification, the transactivists in particular with “turning the words man and woman into floating signifiers that designate nothing but states of mind, and erecting a new set of taboos to enforce their ideology”. ....

More particularly, “female” is defined as, is by definition:
Of or denoting the sex that can bear offspring or produce eggs, distinguished biologically by the production of gametes (ova) which can be fertilized by male gametes.

And similarly with the (Wikipedia) definition for “woman”: “A woman is [by definition] a female (produces ova) human being”: rather large number of individuals who do share the characteristics of being both human beings, and possessing the ability to produce ova.
https://web.archive.org/web/20180205231 ... der-issue/

Matt Walsh and company are just a bunch of johnny-come-latelys as far as I'm concerned ... ;-) And even Posie Parker's billboard campaign was some 7 months after my Post Millennial article. Although, of course, transgenderism has been on the radar for decades before then - even if many weren't paying a lot of attention to what was happening or what the potential consequences might be.

In any case, not sure exactly where "south of the anteater guy" might be, but this might still be in your neck of the woods - Rita Panahi interviewing Douglas Murray who argues, with some justification, that "Transgender rights movement wrapped in ‘misogyny’:" The link should take you to my comment which links to the times for some relevant statements by both Panahi & Murray:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5k_WDF ... -h4AaABAg

Of maybe some additional interest is that, at least here in Canada, there's an ad at the beginning from Babylon Bee about them having been suspended by Twitter.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Trans-Human rights OK.

Well - the Thing seemed appropriate to me.

Happy 40th Anniversary.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

MarcusAu wrote: Trans-Human rights OK.

Well - the Thing seemed appropriate to me.

Happy 40th Anniversary.
Saw that in the theater when it came out. Watch it again every once in a while.

Lots of allegory in it if you want to find it. One major leitmotif for me is: sometimes, you don't realize you've already lost. The outcome was decided in the first scene.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

free thoughtpolice wrote: DSCN1253 (3).JPG
Nice! Is that the view from your house?

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

My Dinner With Misandré

I met with my friend last night. She chose a time-- when her 15 year old They/Them son was at a broadway musical. So I've still never met the kid. A loss: the normal human bonding ritual would-be to introduce us face-to-face, even for a brief moment.

Nearing age 50, my friend looked like herself, but her posture seems 'burdened' now.
► Show Spoiler
We had one drink at a ratty but charming dive bar near the Port Authority bus terminal. Then walked to the strip of Korean restaurants in the West 30's.

Talking to her felt normal & familiar-- but like playing tennis with a cat. I talk & send-over a gentle serve... and the cat watches but does not move, chase, catch, or return. The cat then performs some unrelated action. I react-- but my reaction is irrelevant to the cat.

The only topics which interested her-- were her own life. Her anger & frustration at her biker ex-husband (divorced 10 years, but he gave them a ride to the airport), anger & frustration at the last guy she lived with (with troubled older teen son... who attempted suicide during covid lockdown). Anger & frustration at the prospect of dating again, "No matter how woke men are, if you cook them dinner, they still feel entitled to that, like it's your job." <--exact quote. She used "woke" un-ironically, as a positive trait.

And her kid is the #1 topic of interest in her life, particularly the trans aspect, so that's where she reset the conversation every time the tennis ball rolled-away. She used the word "They" so much, my brain was overloaded.

She said the kid has started 'tucking' his penis-- and had taken a selfie in the bathroom mirror proudly showing his dicklessness (in underwear, I suppose?)-- then submitted that to the school yearbook. And some other parent flagged the image as 'inappropriate', and the school contacted my friend to notify her. And she told the school administrator-- that it was a proud picture of 'tucking' and the point of the picture was "affirming" the kid's gender... and the school groveled & backpedaled & re-instated the picture.

I told her that-story was informative: She considers her role to-be... to advocate-for what her kid wants... this one actual person, in actual circumstances. Rather than some abstract notion of all trans people being 'safe' and 'accepted by society'. (The latter approach might decide the Yearbook Crotchshot Victory... is a larger defeat/ if it pisses-off all the other parents & triggers anti-trans backlash at the schoolboard or in statewide politics.) I think the trans political movement would benefit-- if it were comprised of battles like this crotch thing/ waged by the actual concerned parties/ rather than celebrity 'representatives'. (Just like BLM would be better if it were run by mothers of dead black kids/ not 'trained communist' 'professional activists'). The mothers would make strategic missteps-- but they would be _genuine_.

She confided that the kid will "probably get surgery". Mom confronted the father with that news-- trying to force him to openly support or oppose their kids' trans-ness... rather than Dad's current strategy of withholding his opinion (disapproval, but 'i don't want to fight about it.') Dad said, "I don't have-to have an opinion, because the kid can't have surgery until 18, and then they can do whatever they want." And mom said, "In Oregon surgery is permitted at 15, so you can't hide behind that."

Only at the end of our meal-- did the mom reach for her phone and finally show me pictures of the kid. The first one was around age 12... long grungy hair dyed pale pink, stocking cap, flannel shirt, black eye make-up. He really did look like a 12 year old boy... and also a hot 17 year old tomboy girl. The kid is attractive. I suspect he's popular. I didn't expect that. I expected a pale, shapeless Pillsbury Doughboy, with lost crazy eyes. And-- more recent photo-- he's got a ton of dark curly hair (which is rare to see these days, my mind searches back to... Andi MacDowell? Kenny G?
► Show Spoiler
Apparently, the kid wants to be either-- a singer in musicals on broadway-- or go to Harvard & become a lawyer. Kid gets straight A's, tests 99th percentile, got sorted-into a smart-kids public school. Mom is against Harvard as a waste of money (I guess getting his dick chopped-off requires unconditional support/ but Harvard is a bridge too far.)

As I walked her back to the hotel... it felt like the end of blind date with zero chemistry. I've had many adventures since she & I were last in-touch... and her disinterest in talking about me... means that doesn't know about when I lived in a van, or got arrested, or worked with Ice Cube, Mister Dolce & Mister Gabbana, Liza Minelli, or about selling fish for the fishing boat, or the derelicts on my block, or the cabin upstate, or the guitars I build or the music I record. She didn't ask about my brother (who she used to date) or any mutual friends from the past. She remembers me as a 25 year old know-it-all who talked a lot... and didn't say much which a 50 year old woman needs to hear. So she doesn't want more of my nonsense. Fair enough, except I'm saying different stuff now. And: she's squandering me as a resource. When I was a modern dancer, I shared dressing rooms with trannies as they elaborately 'tucked' their dicks. I was there when they were diagnosed with AIDS, and died of meth. I was there when some opted for surgery/ some against. She doesn't want to grant me the power of expertise.

As we walked the last few blocks-- she repeated a well worn refrain... that 8 years in Al-Anon has taught her that she has bad taste in men & taught her to tell them to fuck off/ rather than tolerate their toxic behavior. This is her religion. She super-imposes it over every relationship, ensuring doom. I've under-stated her thoughtful intelligence. She's smart. But the depths of her mind are confined strictly to narrow-bands of things she's decided-to let-herself think.

1-in-50 chance that our meeting was just an awkward ice-breaker & we stay in touch & have real conversations. 49/50 this-is as-good as it gets.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Service Dog wrote: She chose a time-- when her 15 year old They/Them son was at a broadway musical.
Broadway musicals turn you gay (just ask John), so maybe there's hope for the poor kid yet.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:41 am
Broadway musicals turn you gay (just ask John), so maybe there's hope for the poor kid yet.
It's so wrong that folx assume 'Conversion therapy' is soley a heteronormative construct. Conversion therapxyz should be inclusive of all transitions from any starting point to any end... Necrophiliac to furry. Weeaboo incel mass shooter to happily married housewife. Zinnia Jones to Sasha Pixlee.

____

GF's reaction to my friend & the transkid...

is to recite the tale of a 15 year old girl whose parents arranged acting lessons with 50 year old Doug Hutchison-- of The Green Mile fame. Doug told the girl he would return when she turned 16... to ask her to marry him. And when he did-- the girl's parents were enthusiastically supportive, within an hour.

The girl 'thought she was in love', but later claims-- even as her father walked her down the aisle-- her mind raced: 'Dad! aren't you going to put a stop to this? this seems wrong' The story contains many salacious (revisionist, self-serving) details-- of wedding night sex, boob jobs & bigger boob jobs, 2 bottles of wine a day... even the girl's mom got an enormous boob job & they co-starred on some reality show.

I recall, at the time, a widely publicized & scrutinized photo shoot at a pumpkin patch. The girl's heavily made-up face looking older than 16. The actor looking like a dirtbag. https://duckduckgo.com/?q=doug+hutchiso ... &ia=images

Before long-- the girl looked like a tranny. https://media.radaronline.com/brand-img ... todden.jpg
https://www.hawtcelebs.com/wp-content/u ... 017_19.jpg

The story is attention-grabbing on it's own. With other celebrity tie-ins: such as Christy Teigen having cyber-bullied the teen for being a slut, sending DM's telling her to kill herself. Courtney Love did likewise.

But GF's point-- is that it's another example, apart from gender transition, of the shocking sexual things which parents of a 15 year old-- might blithely or enthusiastically encourage.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

https://media.patriots.win/post/RGkEtrD3nVue.png

https://media.patriots.win/post/ZXjFPNqBsnC5.png
https://archive.ph/YUZKJ

Don't worry tho... still got an eye on the Real nazis...
https://media.patriots.win/post/P6NePyJVZHMG.png
No... not the Jan 6 protesters...

The REAL nazis... are the kids in that classroom!

Oh no... they're getting away...
https://media.patriots.win/post/v1CfTKvXom5W.jpeg

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Service Dog wrote: The only topics which interested her-- were her own life. Her anger & frustration at her biker ex-husband ..., anger & frustration at the last guy she lived with.... Anger & frustration at the prospect of dating again...

And her kid is the #1 topic of interest in her life, particularly the trans aspect....
So she's a soon-to-be 'honorary only' woman, who's failed repeatedly at relationships and, as all that erodes the traditional value of a woman, she seeks to add internal value and meaning to her life through championing an external cause.

A pity, because there are (unwoke) men out there who will cook dinner for a woman in her fifties, then fuck her brains out. Then the next day teach her son to play baseball or fish or change a tire or something.

free thoughtpolice

Gumby wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote: DSCN1253 (3).JPG
Nice! Is that the view from your house?
That's from about 100 yards from my house. I'm back a little from the beach so those particular mountains are behind some trees from my from my front window's point of view.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: she seeks to add internal value and meaning to her life through championing an external cause.
I don't think her external 'cause' is transgenderism. She has committed herself-- all-in-- to the entire Portland Oregon social values milieu. Yoga, feminist 12-step programs, the private catholic school/ serving poor nonwhite noncatholic kids... where she works... making excuses for the BLM/Antifa destruction: it's the combo-platter of being a good-neighbor, Portlandia-style.

For example, she made an offhand comment about Portland having "historically, too few people of color". Indicating some grand vision of racial redistribution for the greater good. A vision no-doubt commonplace among her peers. But fuckin' weird if you ask me.

I suspect there's even some valuable idea-gems hidden somewhere in their mental muck. But they're so-opposed to any critical sifting & sorting.

One notion which emerged in my head-- from listening to her & seeing the pics of the kid-- was that the most legit defense of They/Them pronouns might-be... if you're involuntarily stuck in one gender-- yet unable to transit as quickly as you'd like... to another. Like a half-transformed werewolf. If they/them soley meant mid-transition.... even the "there are only 2 genders" people might be willing to concede a neither-fish-nor-fowl halfway-there condition.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

62 today...

Keating

Post by Keating »

Happy birthday!

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Lsuoma wrote: 62 today...
:happy-wavemulticolor: :obscene-drinkingcheers: :occasion-birthdaymulticolor: :occasion-cake: :occasion-birthday:

Not bad for a young whipper-snapper. :-) Any plans afoot for an early retirement? Highly recommended, a welcome opportunity to pursue one's own interests.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: One of the 'good causes' Harry's Razors sponsors:

https://www.acalltomen.org
Quote-unquote ...

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Service Dog wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: she seeks to add internal value and meaning to her life through championing an external cause.
I don't think her external 'cause' is transgenderism. She has committed herself-- all-in-- to the entire Portland Oregon social values milieu. Yoga, feminist 12-step programs, the private catholic school/ serving poor nonwhite noncatholic kids... where she works... making excuses for the BLM/Antifa destruction: it's the combo-platter of being a good-neighbor, Portlandia-style.
You may wish to let her - or her ex - know about the Substack for Parents with Inconvenient Truths about Trans:

https://pitt.substack.com/

Subscription is free to boot. Even if they may have something of a religious misconception about gender. But since you seem to lurk about in the depths of Reddit, you & they may wish to check out the Detransition Subreddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/detrans/

Link and elaboration from Stock's Substack:
And then there’s the Detrans Subreddit. It has 27K members, mostly young, and many of whom talk frankly about the harms to their bodies and minds caused by premature transition. Some of those that post on this subreddit are desperate for help, and their testimonies truly shocking. You might well wonder: why don’t those in the progressive media report on the phenomenon more unambiguously? For this is a medical scandal unfolding in plain sight.
https://kathleenstock.substack.com/p/en ... rse-of?s=r

Hard not to argue that "parents" endorsing or promoting such "transitions" are engaging in egregious child abuse. I really wouldn't want to be the shoes of parents - like those of Jazz Jennings - if and when they come to realize that.
Service Dog wrote: <snip>

One notion which emerged in my head-- from listening to her & seeing the pics of the kid-- was that the most legit defense of They/Them pronouns might-be... if you're involuntarily stuck in one gender-- yet unable to transit as quickly as you'd like... to another. Like a half-transformed werewolf. If they/them soley meant mid-transition.... even the "there are only 2 genders" people might be willing to concede a neither-fish-nor-fowl halfway-there condition.
Some justification for the "2 genders" position, at least if they're labeled as "masculine" and "feminine". Like the red-ish end of a spectrum versus the blue-ish end. Interesting analogy and analysis from the late Justice Scalia (note on page 157):
The word "gender" has acquired the new and useful connotation of cultural or attitudinal characteristics (as opposed to physical characteristics) distinctive to the sexes. That is to say, gender is to sex as feminine is to female and masculine to male. The present case does not involve peremptory strikes exercised on the basis of femininity or masculinity (as far as it appears, effeminate men did not survive, the prosecution's peremptories). The case involves, therefore, sex discrimination plain and simple.
https://tile.loc.gov/storage-services/s ... 511127.pdf

John D

Post by John D »

Dog - I am glad you saw your old friend. If nothing else it gave you some insight. Life is hard and she is doing the best she can.

So many people, like my daughter, spend all their time thinking about gender. It is an obsession. People get to choose what they do with their life... including you and I.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Orrahbest, y'scunnerous wee bam, ye!

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

Egad, when I was young I thought it was fun to look like a girly girl, tucked in was not a sin before my bum looked more like a ______________

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

Please don't let it be that service dog just uttered the steersmanism neither fish nor fowl ...Please don't let it be that service dog just uttered the steersmanism neither fish nor fowl ...

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

Screenshot_20220325-180617.png
(357.89 KiB) Downloaded 111 times

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Steersman wrote: You may wish to let her - or her ex - know about the Substack for Parents with Inconvenient Truths about Trans...
And on a related note - if you are sitting comfortably Mr Steersman...

...Tell me about your mother...

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

MarcusAu wrote:
Steersman wrote: You may wish to let her - or her ex - know about the Substack for Parents with Inconvenient Truths about Trans...
And on a related note - if you are sitting comfortably Mr Steersman...

...Tell me about your mother...
:-) Eliza? I'll let you talk to her yourself ... ;-)

http://psych.fullerton.edu/mbirnbaum/psych101/eliza.htm

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

fuzzy wrote: Screenshot_20220325-180617.png
:-) :clap:

But speaking of the difficulty of so many - not just Ketanji Jackson - to answer that question, and of "Eliza":

https://elizamondegreen.substack.com/p/ ... 723660?s=r

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

eliza.png
(24.91 KiB) Downloaded 107 times

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

fuzzy wrote: Please don't let it be that service dog just uttered the steersmanism neither fish nor fowl ...Please don't let it be that service dog just uttered the steersmanism neither fish nor fowl ...
Shhh.... I'm feeding him his own tail.

John D

Post by John D »

Haha. Emotional roller-coaster.

I am pretty sure my wife is always shitting on me in order to test me. You know... the stuff that women do to figure out how hard they can push their man. Then they have to set their boundaries within the space allowed by the man.

I know that I come across as a total ass on this site... but really... I do everything for my wife. She travels from her bed to the dinner table... then to the TV... and then gets a massage. I do all the work. Cook, yard work, car service, pay bills, grocery shop, full time job... everything.

I sort of figure that she is sick and it is my duty... and she is pretty sick. She is on full disability from fibromyalgia, arthritis, brain fog, etc. But it has puzzled me as to why she treats me like shit. She insults my clothes and my opinions in front of friends. Accuses me of being mean. Attacks me if I have issues with my health. Yells at me at 10:00pm that I should not be so tired. and...if I do anything on my own that I enjoyed she doesn't share the joy. I will come home from birding and say "Wow... I saw 3000 Redhead ducks today."... and she will not even give me a nod or a smile. It is like she is unhappy that I am happy. It is just fucked up.

And... I never say anything to her about her behavior. But... really... deep down inside... she can probably tell that I don't really love her anymore. She is testing me. I think I may be done with this. We will see. I don't think I love her anymore.... but what does love mean? I don't know. I used to want to be with her. Now, I am happy she has stayed in her room for two days. I don't miss her one bit. God damn. It feels like it is over. I wouldn't care if I never saw her again.

I am putting together ideas about how we can move into our own places. We can afford it. We can refinance our house and get enough cash so we can each get our own place... then sell this big house. Man. It sounds like heaven. My own place. A place where my wife's crap is not laying all over. A place where the counter tops and tables are clean and not covered with boxes and pill bottles. She will get half the assets but I will be okay. She will probably die in the next 15 years or so, and then the money will go to the kids. That's fine with me.

Fuck.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: eliza.png
:-) Hope "mom" didn't charge you too much for that answer ... ;-)

But it's not just a case of pleasing people - that's largely the reason for the transgender clusterfuck to begin with: pandering to women's vanity or to transwomen's envy. There's generally some rhyme and reason to how and why we create various definitions; it's not just a free-for-all.

Helen Joyce - author of the recently published "Trans: When Ideology Meets Reality" - had a lengthy and quite illuminating analysis of that several years ago at Quillette:
I’m writing a book about gender-identity ideology (if I scribble fast, it should be out in the middle of next year). And by chance, last week I was wrestling with the bit where I explain that across swathes of academia, and on the political Left, it’s become an article of faith that the word “woman” is fiendishly tricky to define. Indeed, I’d go further: In such circles the word is rapidly becoming taboo.
https://quillette.com/2020/06/20/she-wh ... -be-named/

Fairly thorough - and, in some places, quite amusing - overview and survey of the many kicks at that particular kitty, at what many would define "woman" as:
Anyone who identifies as a woman
— Australian Academy of Science
The same problems as identified above, except it seems to be striving for some faux-objectivity with “identifies” rather than “feels,” and it’s from an Academy of Science, which might be expected to know better.
Pretty shoddy effort from an organization supposedly in the business of defending the principles of science; Sagan's quip about scientific illiteracy is hardly an idle or unsubstantiated comment.

But sort of the nub of the matter, of particular relevance to your and Eliza's apparent suggestion that definitions are just a matter of "pleasing" people, is this section from Joyce's article:
People who want to be so defined. I think people should be able to be who they want to be
— John Nicolson, British member of parliament
The intention here is to be “inclusive.” But inclusive definitions miss the point. The way you define something is to state criteria that enable you to distinguish between things that qualify and things that don’t. A prime number, for example, is “a number that has no divisors but itself and one.” That excludes really rather a lot of numbers: six (two times three), say, and 71,417,010 (12,785 times 5,586). It’s not those numbers’ fault, and it doesn’t mean that they’re not nice numbers. They’re very nice. They’re just not prime.
I guess MP Nicolson would subscribe to that "pleasing people principle" ...

But Joyce's comment there is absolutely right on the money: definitions - particularly for things like categories, like "prime number", "teenager", "female", and "woman" - simply have to "state criteria that enable you to distinguish between things that qualify and things that don't". If we can't or won't specify precisely the criteria by which certain individuals qualify for membership in the "woman" category" then it's pretty much useless.

And about the only game in town that isn't "rigged" one way or another is to base the definition for "woman" on membership in the "female" category. Which has its own criteria for membership - as much as many "women" are "displeased" by the biological criteria (functional ovaries), preferring some wooish je ne sais quoi "mythic essence". :roll:

But even fuzzy's Jeopardy cartoon specifies "adult human female" as the criteria: adult, and human, and female. By which Lia Thomas most certainly doesn't qualify; no prize for partial scores; all 3 or take the next "snake" out of the game.

Interesting comment in the Substack thread I had linked earlier:
It's impossible to protect in law that which you can't define.
https://elizamondegreen.substack.com/p/ ... 715887?s=r

That's the fucking problem: are we going to "protect in law" women's rights or not? Trying to evade defining the terms in question - with some logical coherence and consistency, on something other than "feelinz" or "self-identification" - is basically to answer "no".

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

John D wrote: <snip>

I do everything for my wife. ... everything.
Maybe that's the problem.
John D wrote: I sort of figure that she is sick and it is my duty... and she is pretty sick.
I can sympathize. Though I kinda think "duty" has its limits ...
John D wrote: I am putting together ideas about how we can move into our own places.
Sounds like that might be the best solution, though "putting your cards on the table" - maybe printing your comment and putting that on her plate, and nothing else - might be a wise first step.

Good luck in any case.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Let's see if this explanation of a woman I saw on FB will induce an infinite regression in Steerz.
So, for a Transexual, they are for all purposes, an adult human female (woman). This can be ascertained by level of hormone, placement of female, or removal of male genitalia, AND most importantly, the psychological awareness that the individual is in fact within the self, and believing so, an Adult woman. I would not expect a judge to know this, but most healthcare professionals know it, even if they would 'rather' not personally believe it, typically because of religious bias (yes there is such a thing). Gday.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Let's see if this explanation of a woman I saw on FB will induce an infinite regression in Steerz.
So, for a Transexual, they are for all purposes, an adult human female (woman). This can be ascertained by level of hormone, placement of female, or removal of male genitalia, AND most importantly, the psychological awareness that the individual is in fact within the self, and believing so, an Adult woman. I would not expect a judge to know this, but most healthcare professionals know it, even if they would 'rather' not personally believe it, typically because of religious bias (yes there is such a thing). Gday.
What a bunch of ignorant blathering. Just because some people string some words together doesn't mean they're logically coherent and consistent: we CAN say "2+2=5" or even "+=4 2 2", but neither are not consistent with the axioms, rules, and definitions on which arithmetic is based.

But I assume you meant that "this explanation" was BY a woman? If you're actually able to do so then I'd suggest quoting the biological definition for "female" - or send me the link and I'll do so:
Of or denoting the sex that can bear offspring or produce eggs, distinguished biologically by the production of gametes (ova) which can be fertilized by male gametes.
https://www.lexico.com/en/definition/female

And then ask that person whether the "transexual" in question is likely to have any functional ovaries, the "necessary and sufficient condition" to qualify as "female" ...

But pretty much the same as what Joyce endorsed in her Quillette article:
An adult human who identifies as female
— Anonymous Twitter account
Marks for cunning, I suppose. Using “female” instead of “woman” is clearly an attempt to avoid circularity. The problem is that “female” is not something you can identify as. It’s a word with an objective definition that holds right across all of biology, and hardly any of the things it refers to are capable of identifying as anything. It means: “of or denoting the sex class that produces large gametes,” and so it refers to peahens (not peacocks), fish eggs (not fish sperm), kangaroo pouches (only the females carry joeys), the pistil of a flower (not its stamens), and so on.
Though she's somewhat unclear on the concept that categories are abstractions and can't DO anything themselves: it's not the "sex class that produces large gametes"; it's only the members of that class (category) that can do so - which is what qualifies them as members.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Steersman wrote: send me the link and I'll do so
OMG, Steerz, I'm not sure I'm ready to unleash you upon the world! Putin's talking about nuking Warsaw; I think we need to handle one weapon of mass destruction at a time.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

> Hello, I am Damian.
* What is a woman?
> What do you think a woman is?
* I asked you first.
> I can’t answer unless I know what you think a woman is.
* Okay — an adult female human.
> No, that’s wrong.
* In what way is it wrong?
> I can’t answer that unless I know why you think it’s right.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Steersman wrote: send me the link and I'll do so
OMG, Steerz, I'm not sure I'm ready to unleash you upon the world! Putin's talking about nuking Warsaw; I think we need to handle one weapon of mass destruction at a time.
:-) I prefer to call it "weapons of mass instruction" ...

If we can't agree on our definitions then it's kind of pointless to try communicating. As I've frequently quoted Voltaire saying, "if you wish to converse with me, define your terms."

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: > Hello, I am Damian.
* What is a woman?
> What do you think a woman is?
* I asked you first.
> I can’t answer unless I know what you think a woman is.
* Okay — an adult female human.
> No, that’s wrong.
* In what way is it wrong?
> I can’t answer that unless I know why you think it’s right.
:-) "Damian", am I? En passant, in searching Facebook for that comment - didn't find it - I ran across him saying something about being in favour of CRT in schools.

But, "on first blush", your comment looked like Greek to me - kind of appropriate being Friday, you gleek plick ... ;-)

https://www.reddit.com/r/Jokes/comments ... reek_prick

But it's "right" by definition:
Definition of by definition
: because of what something or someone is : according to the definition of a word that is being used to describe someone or something
A volunteer by definition is not paid.
A glider is by definition an aircraft with no engine.
https://www.merriam-webster.com/diction ... definition

There's no intrinsic meaning to any word - we SAY that certain terms, certain words denote or refer to specific places or things or ideas.

Take a look at the Wikipedia article on taxonomy:
In biology, taxonomy (from Ancient Greek τάξις (taxis) 'arrangement', and -νομία (-nomia) 'method') is the scientific study of naming, defining (circumscribing) and classifying groups of biological organisms based on shared characteristics.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taxonomy_(biology)

If a bunch of "biological organisms" - particularly in literally millions of species - have some "shared characteristics" like - oh, I don't know, to just pull something out of the air ... - being able to produce ova then maybe there's a reason to give a name to those individuals like - oh, bear with me ... "female"? ;-)
female: Of or denoting the sex that can bear offspring or produce eggs, distinguished biologically by the production of gametes (ova) which can be fertilized by male gametes.
https://www.lexico.com/en/definition/female

We could have used another word to refer to those organisms with that trait - word and trait aren't joined at the hip. But people fraudulently trying to redefine the word - like saying "2+2=5 - won't at all change the brute fact that literally billions if not trillions of biological organisms share that trait.

Words are generally or often just labels, signifiers of the presence of particular traits - that's what the "denote" in the above definition means: "Be a sign of; indicate." The word "female" - when properly applied - is just a "sign" that the human - or a member of millions of other species - happens to have the ability to produce ova.

The whole process is foundational to virtually all of civilization, all of science and philosophy and much else besides. Why some taxonomists have argued, probably with tongue in cheek but with some justification, that it is taxonomy which is in fact "the world's oldest profession":

https://taxodiary.com/2013/07/is-taxono ... rofession/

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Happy birthday old fart. Do you get to brag or commiserate over the number of your medications ? ;)

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Very interesting but confronting.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Brive1987 wrote:
Happy birthday old fart. Do you get to brag or commiserate over the number of your medications ? ;)
Colonoscopy Tuesday...

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Steersman wrote: :-) "Damian", am I?
It's not always about you. Sometimes, it's about reminiscing about the good ole days when Damian was a constant gaping cunt.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

I'm sure it was to not embarrass Alec Baldwin by showing that even a thug can learn to practice good trigger discipline on a single action revolver.