Steerzing in a New Direction...

Old subthreads
fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

Post by fuzzy »

So service dog, a lot less than I used to, but I see now that he's decided to go a little bit more public. We're fuzzy a more Church going man, you could be looking at Mrs fuzzy there she's a good woman brought a lot of money back to Arkansas from working hard for months at a time in distant locations building pipes to move oil back when we used to do that sort of thing. So we put up a couple of rental cabins on the old family farm and shows up and plays his guitar. The song he's singing he made up with his cousin when they were kids, but there's a genuine family tradition of running moonshine to Chicago back in the day.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Flaw #1: Not Randomized or Controlled
Retrospective studies like this one are considered more suspect, especially when the authors make no attempt to match populations in the test and control groups 

Flaw #2: Inconsistent Methodology
[T]he study leaves the determination of whether or not a Covid-19 case was primary or secondary (i.e. from school) to each of the individual 61 districts; in other words there could be 61 standards for deciding if a case is primary or secondary. The authors freely admit that many districts don't have the resources at all times to adequately trace the source of each case.

Flaw #3: Poor Survey Response and Self Selection
The study was based on an invitation sent to 13,800 school districts. [Only 61 responded.] [O]nly 6 districts are in the mask optional or trial group. This group has only 4,576 students and staff, thus the NIH claim that over 1.1 million subjects were in this study is more than a little misleading!

Flaw #4 - Abuse of Statistics
The authors of the study show a fundamental lack of understanding of statistics and confidence intervals.... [M]ost of the points in green (mandatory masks) fall outside of the green confidence interval!

https://purescience.substack.com/p/nih- ... school?s=r

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

fuzzy wrote: At least kkkamala had an edit button.
We don't need an edit button. We have the ability to see what can be, unburdened by what has been, and then to make the possible actually happen.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Lord Haw-Haw Carlson ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord_Haw-Haw

Though he has something of a point or two - which even Matt Himself may sympathize with. From Mother Jones:
It sums up Carlson’s position: “Russia is only protecting its interests and security.” The memo includes a quote from Carlson: “And how would the US behave if such a situation developed in neighboring Mexico or Canada?”
Or Cuba - pretty much exactly what occurred in the Cuban Missile Crisis:
... [the] 1-month, 4 day (16 October – 20 November 1962) confrontation between the United States and the Soviet Union which escalated into an international crisis when American deployments of missiles in Italy and Turkey were matched by Soviet deployments of similar ballistic missiles in Cuba. Despite the short time frame, the Cuban Missile Crisis remains a defining moment in U.S. national security and nuclear war preparation. The confrontation is often considered the closest the Cold War came to escalating into a full-scale nuclear war.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuban_Missile_Crisis

Sauce for the goose, sauce for the gander, particularly as one might reasonably argue that, in far too many ways, the goose is only marginally blacker than the gander.

That Russia is pretty much a thuggish Mafia "failed state" hardly detracts much from the argument that America, if not much of the West, is riven with a great deal of pervasive and pernicious rot itself. I'm in the midst of re-reading Tuchman's "The Proud Tower" - highly recommended - on the state of Western society in the run-up to the first world war: a great many threads, flaws, inequities and iniquities, and "manifest destinies" - America in particular - that more or less "conspired" to move the world even closer to that particular convulsion. Decidedly moot whether the world will be able to step back from the brink of a similar precipice created by that rot, the Ukrainian war arguably looking rather like the "assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand by local Young Bosnia activist Gavrilo Princip that sparked World War I".

"Sunk costs" and all that - often a certain inevitability to such situations, particularly if people or countries have painted themselves into tight corners with a limited range of choices:

Definitely more than a few reasons for apprehension if not action. However, as you suggested later, if China is ready to "throw Russia under the bus" then that might cause Russia to be the first to step back from that brink. Even if that may do little to alleviate or address the pervasive underlying problems - still waiting there like the proverbial Sword of Damocles.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Tucker Carlson was previously a parrot for the post-9/11 'Global War On Terror' in Afghanistan Iraq Pakistan Syria Yemen etc.

Of the many who touted those wars, Tucker Carlson is one of the few who admitted he was wrong, dedicating his subsequent career to an unwavering critique of the Military Industrial Complex & the Washington D.C insiders stuffing their pockets with spoils of unjust war.

In the past, Mother Jones magazine was a stalwart anti-war voice.

The author of free_thoughtpolice's link... is David Corn.

David Corn was the first journalist [mouthpiece for his Democrat party operative 'sources'] to publish anything about the "pee tape" Steele Dossier. Where? In Mother Jones magazine. Under the headline, "A Veteran Spy Has Given the FBI Information Alleging a Russian Operation to Cultivate Donald Trump: Has the bureau investigated this material?".

The FBI surveillance cited-- was obtained by the fraudulent FISA warrants.

One week later, Hillary Clinton echoed Corn's story, as if she were receiving the news (which her operatives had actually PLANTED).

tweet by: @HillaryClinton
"Computer scientists have apparently uncovered a covert server linking the Trump Organization to a Russian-based bank."

Hillary Clinton is an unrepentant neocon warmonger, and close associate of Jeffrey Epstein-- whose taste in girls was Too Old for free_thoughtpolice's rich imagination.

David Corn also wrote the 2018 book: "Russian Roulette: The Inside Story of Putin’s War on America and the Election of Donald Trump."

Corn has conceded that the book was based on the now-discredited Steele Dossier. But Corn maintains that the years of false Russia Russia Russia claims against Trump have no bearing on the Important Part of the story: that Russia had 'interfered' in the 2016 election by buying several thousand banner ads on Facebook.

free_thoughtpolice knows all this, and knowingly smears this shit on the 'pit.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Tuchman is to history what Carrier was to biblical studies. Or Trump was to considered politics. We have one too. Peter Fitzsimons , who churns everyman’s rollicking history by the kilo”.
Rather than feeling hampered by the lack of an advanced degree in history, Tuchman argued that freedom from the rigors and expectations of academia was actually liberating, as the norms of academic writing would have "stifled any writing capacity."

Tuchman favored a literary approach to the writing of history, providing eloquent explanatory narratives rather than concentration upon discovery and publication of fresh archival sources. In the words of one biographer, Tuchman was "not a historian's historian; she was a layperson's historian who made the past interesting to millions of readers".

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Retrospective studies like this one are considered more suspect, especially when the authors make no attempt to match populations in the test and control groups

[T]he study leaves the determination of whether or not a Covid-19 case was primary or secondary (i.e. from school) to each of the individual 61 districts; in other words there could be 61 standards for deciding if a case is primary or secondary. The authors freely admit that many districts don't have the resources at all times to adequately trace the source of each case.

<snip>

Looks like a fairly solid argument. And the author looks pretty credible:
Michael Coleman: MS & PhD in Applied Physics from Cornell University. Retired Founder, President & CTO of a laboratory and industrial automation company.
Though I'm sure that you'll appreciate his view, apparently, that ivermectin doesn't really work all that well ... ;-)
I personally will wait until the TOGETHER clinical trial group publishes their results from a very large and very high quality study that concluded that Ivermectin DID NOT WORK (defined by minimum 37.5% relative risk reduction).
https://purescience.substack.com/p/how- ... mectin?s=w

But a bit depressing or at least disconcerting that so-called experts can be found to argue both sides of pretty much any dispute:
Is lifting COVID-19 restrictions in New Brunswick the right move? 2 experts disagree

Colin Furness, an infection control epidemiologist and assistant professor at the University of Toronto, who has followed the province's situation, calls the decision premature. He suggests it's politically motivated and warns "we're going to pay a heavy price." ....

Raywat Deonandan, an epidemiologist and associate professor at the University of Ottawa, disagrees.

"Does it make sense to remove restrictions in New Brunswick? I think it probably does," he said. ....
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brun ... -1.6382308

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Brive1987 wrote:
Tuchman is to history what Carrier was to biblical studies. Or Trump was to considered politics. We have one too. Peter Fitzsimons , who churns everyman’s rollicking history by the kilo”.
Another fond illusion bites the dust ... ;-)
Brive1987 wrote:
Rather than feeling hampered by the lack of an advanced degree in history, Tuchman argued that freedom from the rigors and expectations of academia was actually liberating, as the norms of academic writing would have "stifled any writing capacity."

Tuchman favored a literary approach to the writing of history, providing eloquent explanatory narratives rather than concentration upon discovery and publication of fresh archival sources. In the words of one biographer, Tuchman was "not a historian's historian; she was a layperson's historian who made the past interesting to millions of readers".
Though I'm not sure that the criticisms are entirely justified - a different focus or perspective that has some value, even if only as "a layperson's historian".

For instance, her chapter on France more or less focused on the "Drefus Affair" to give a broad understanding, or at least a thumbnail sketch, of French society at the time:
Since my purpose in this chapter was not to retell the story of the Drefus Affair but rather to show French society reacting to it ... (pg 569)
Which I think she succeeds rather well at. Though the reactions of many in French society were rather damning, even if the principles of the Enlightenment and the Revolution more or less won out in the end ... ;-)

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

David Corn is a radical leftist with a penchant for peddling debunked stories, and for flat out lying about what others have said, to the point of manufacturing fake quotes.

On Tucker Carlson:
David Corn wrote:Carlson was perhaps the most prominent American voice challenging opposition to Putin.
No, Carlson was questioning the monomania of unbridled rage vs. Putin in contrast to silence on China, Iran and other bad actors.

David Corn wrote:Carlson repeatedly noted there was no reason for the United States to assist Ukraine in its battle with Russia and insisted it was “not treason, it is not un-American” to support Putin.
Carlson never said anything about “supporting” Putin; he asked what the US’ strategic interests were in Ukraine, and whether they were worth risking a nuclear war — a fair question.

David Corn wrote:On Wednesday, Carlson claimed that the “Russian disinformation they’ve been telling us for days is a lie and a conspiracy theory and crazy and immoral to believe is, in fact, totally and completely true.” He was referring to the Russian allegation that the United States had set up biowarfare labs in Ukraine.
Carlson never claimed they were “biowarfare” labs — he repeatedly described them as “biolabs”, which they are, and the same term MSM used.

Tucker Carlson wrote:Yeah. We're not going to do a segment about secret labs in Ukraine. Last thing we want to do on this show is traffic in Russian disinformation spread by QAnon, so we took a pass on that story. And that's where things stood until yesterday when we happened to tune in to a hearing of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee. 
TC outlined how for days, MSM labeled the existence of US-funded “biolabs” in Ukraine a ‘conspiracy theory’ … until Nuland admitted before Congress that they do indeed exist.

Notably, all of Corn’s links to Carlson's statements are actually to WaPo articles which also engage in putting words into Carlson’s mouth. Carlson’s actual words can be found here:

https://www.foxnews.com/category/shows/ ... transcript

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

John D wrote:
Steersman wrote:
John D wrote: 4) I think it is likely that Ivermectin is a useful treatment, but it has not been well studied because there is no money in it.
Define "useful".
NO. I am not going to define "useful". What the fuck is wrong with you? Can't you understand my point here without me defining the word "useful"? Jesus H. Christ.
Christ in a sidecar. Your "point", your entirely unevidenced argument, was that "Ivermectin is a useful treatment". "What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence" - kinda doing you a favour by providing as much evidence as I did. Specifically, for one example, how it seems to reduce recovery time. Though it's moot how that might translate into a reduction in the number of deaths.

But my response - something of a rhetorical question - was to ask how useful. You might note the recently discussed article by Michael Coleman - MS & PhD in Applied Physics from Cornell University, someone Matt was touting - which argued that the standard of what "works", one criterion for usefulness, as far as ivermectin is concerned is apparently or in one view "(a) minimum 37.5% relative risk reduction)":

https://purescience.substack.com/p/how- ... mectin?s=w

And I showed you - in some detail, which you might have recognized if you weren't so butthurt over someone challenging your entirely unevidenced claims, hardly more than opinions (we all have them ...) - that one criterion of what "works", of its usefulness, is the recovery time. The graph I posted showed that ivermectin may reduce that recovery time by a day or so - big fucking deal, about the same improvement that Tamiflu apparently does:
A 2015 systematic review and meta-analysis found oseltamivir effective at treating the symptoms of influenza, reducing the length of hospitalization, and reducing the risk of otitis media. The same review found that oseltamivir did not significantly increase the risk of adverse events.[31] A 2016 systematic review found that oseltamivir slightly reduced the time it takes for the symptoms of influenza to be alleviated, and that it also increased the risk of "nausea, vomiting, [and] psychiatric events in adults and vomiting in children."[32] The decrease in duration of sickness was about 18 hours.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oseltamivir#Medical_use

A reduction that some here - some less intellectually honest than others - would seem to argue constitutes a "debacle", particularly, apparently, in light of some $18 billion to stockpile the drug. But if that's a "debacle" then one might reasonably argue that those peddling ivermectin as much in way of a solution - and the same sort of reduction in recovery time - are promoting the same sort of debacle - sauce for the goose, sauce for the gander. Or, for those who prefer their cliches in Latin, ceteris paribus.

But part of that question of what works and how well is the question of at what cost - what's the cost-benefit ratio? One might argue that a 5-10% reduction in recovery isn't much to write home about, particularly as the improvement in the recovery rate isn't much better than a placebo:
AstralCodexTen_Ivermectin_RecoveryPeriod_1A.jpg
(62.83 KiB) Downloaded 187 times
Although I suppose one might argue that that reduction may have a corresponding decrease in hospitalization levels.

But I also showed you - which you clearly didn't bother to read or even think about - that that reduction due to ivermectin was probably due to dosage levels that were at least 10 to 20 times higher than what is normal - on a one-shot basis - for deworming applications. And levels that may well be getting into toxic territory with entirely unknown side effects; really hasn't been cleared or authorized at such levels.

You may know of, or you should know of, William Thomson's, Lord Kelvin's aphorism:

“When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it, when you cannot express it in numbers, your knowledge is of a meager and unsatisfactory kind; it may be the beginning of knowledge, but you have scarely, in your thoughts advanced to the stage of science.”

https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/166961 ... -about-and

That's what the issue of "what works", "what is useful" boils down into. It is not an irrelevant question.
John D wrote: Like I wrote a couple of days ago Steers. You somehow like to argue against a strawman. You are a waste of my time.
What's your waste of my time is your inability and unwillingness to read and think about the quite factual evidence I post to justify my arguments. You seem to over-react, almost as if I was waving a red flag in your face, to some minor element of my argument - eg, rhetorical questions - without considering all of it, how all of it fits together.

Kinda think you need to consider changing your blood-pressure medication. Or upping the dosage ...

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Steersman wrote: Though I'm sure that you'll appreciate his view, apparently, that ivermectin doesn't really work all that well ... ;-)
I've stated all along that ivermectin is eminently safe and possibly effective. So, given its safeness, there was no harm in administering it just in case. And even if, as some argue, the perceived results of ivermectin was due to it deworming patients who otherwise would've died of covid due to their worm infestation, then ipso facto, Ivermectin was effective, albeit indirectly, at preventing deaths from covid.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Steersman wrote: Though I'm sure that you'll appreciate his view, apparently, that ivermectin doesn't really work all that well ... ;-)
I've stated all along that ivermectin is eminently safe and possibly effective. So, given its safeness, there was no harm in administering it just in case. And even if, as some argue, the perceived results of ivermectin was due to it deworming patients who otherwise would've died of covid due to their worm infestation, then ipso facto, Ivermectin was effective, albeit indirectly, at preventing deaths from covid.
Sure; as I've just argued and several times before, there's some justification to argue that ivermectin may have some value - apart from deworming - at least in reducing the recovery time by a day or so:

AstralCodexTen_Ivermectin_RecoveryPeriod_1A.jpg
(62.83 KiB) Downloaded 186 times

Clearly has SOME antiviral effects that is probably the reason for that marginal decrease in recovery time. Which probably provides some marginal reduction in the actual number of deaths. Though it is clearly anything but any sort of a magic bullet or, one would think, the reduction in recovery time would be substantially better. Which I think highlights or underlines part of the problem with the discussion on the topic: too many, mostly on the anti-vax side, seem to see ivermectin as a panacea while too many on the pro-vax side are reluctant to even consider that it has any anti-viral and therapeutic benefits at all.

However, as I've argued, part of the problem there is a general reluctance, mostly on the anti-vax side, that those benefits are only at levels that are 10 to 20 times the maximum recommended levels for deworming cases. And which may well be getting into toxic territory, although the evidence on that score is rather murky as far as I can see:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7172803/

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

So I'm trying to have a woman live in my house and it's been just a short while but just a moment ago my cat jumped across the kitchen table and disrupted her dinner plate, a tortoise and calico torby cat with three colored cat that has female genes coming in from both the red and black sides of the chromosome tree, and this one's always been a character, but sheesh things were finally settling down and now the cold shoulder again. You can't live with them and something something

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

Screenshot_20220313-201638.png
(1.06 MiB) Downloaded 180 times
I envy service dog his able-to-function-as-part-of-a-team girlfriend. This new window-blind has a tricky bracket, and while her words indicate that she would like some help, any attempt to read and understand the instructions is fiercely resisted as I can't get all the parts together long enough to even see if I have the right instructions and parts before the boss takes back over. This time I am trying to tell her that I am happy to help but she must stand back at least five feet and not talk. Am I the only guy that has this kind of problem when he attempts to keep a woman around the house?

Anyway Merle Haggard is just related cousins to the family at the top of the page or whatever, and attached here that's Google maps street view of my service station where I got my transmission replaced and who who will tow you if you call AAA .

Addendum: I did get her to leave her hands off the controls of the stove long enough to be able to prepare myself a bit of steak the way I like it

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

My dad & his brothers were mechanics... and they'd always say "gimmie 50 cents worth of reg-lar"
And other lines...
which I forgot came from that song.
Uncle Walt went blind & kept fixing cars without sight.

I don't have any secret to working alongside GF. Only a trick: we met at work & both saw the advantage in teaming-up.
Such as putting-together IKEA furniture as props. So that-part was sorted first/ then the rest came later.
The only catch is... things go haywire if we try to amend the bargain. Such as-- if we switch who is 'good cop' & who is 'bad cop'
interacting with a client. Suddenly we're snapping-at each-other like dogs.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: David Corn wrote:
Carlson repeatedly noted there was no reason for the United States to assist Ukraine in its battle with Russia and insisted it was “not treason, it is not un-American” to support Putin.
David Corn wrote a lie.

I looked it up. The blue-part (in quote-marks) came-from from Tucker Carlson's Feb 21 broadcast. Tucker had sent a request for an interview to Putin... and an MSNBC guest had called Tucker's request "un-American" on air.

Tucker responded by saying it is “not treason, it is not un-American” for a reporter to seek an interview. Nor for any American to speak to anyone they damn-well please. Tucker noted that NBC had previously interviewed Putin.

Tucker Carlson quote:
“Because we’re Americans and we can talk to anyone we want. We can have any opinion we feel like having. That is not treason; it is not un-American. It’s the whole point of America. It is our Bill of Rights, distilled.

“So today,we sent another letter to Vladimir Putin asking for an interview. We hope we get it. We also sent a message to the president of Ukraine. We would like that interview too. too. Now, neither one of these men runs a democracy by traditional American standards. Both of them are tyrants. But they’re in the news and we would love to talk to them. An interview is hardly an endorsement.”

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

The most Trusted
name in News:

REDDIT

https://media.patriots.win/post/hJxaHeb4rJ6D.png

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

If you trust Mother Jones... Putin sent a diktat to Russian news... to selectively-quote Tucker Carlson in their news reports.

Meanwhile, not to be outdone...

Meet the Biden adminstration's paid #influencers on TikTok...

leaked audio:

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Service Dog wrote: If you trust Mother Jones... Putin sent a diktat to Russian news... to selectively-quote Tucker Carlson in their news reports.

Meanwhile, not to be outdone...

Meet the Biden adminstration's paid #influencers on TikTok...
<snip>
You might note that your good buddy Dr. John Campbell links to one Dr. Jesse Santiano who seems to have some chops in the medical department, even if she looks to be barking up the wrong tree in some cases, but seems also to be peddling Russian "agitprop":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EASM6EzCVeg

https://drjessesantiano.com/pentagon-bi ... n-ukraine/

Though maybe she has the straight goods ....

zou3gou3

Post by zou3gou3 »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:

Flaw #3: Poor Survey Response and Self Selection
The study was based on an invitation sent to 13,800 school districts. [Only 61 responded.] [O]nly 6 districts are in the mask optional or trial group. This group has only 4,576 students and staff, thus the NIH claim that over 1.1 million subjects were in this study is more than a little misleading!

Flaw #4 - Abuse of Statistics
The authors of the study show a fundamental lack of understanding of statistics and confidence intervals.... [M]ost of the points in green (mandatory masks) fall outside of the green confidence interval!

This guy is the one who doesn't understand statistics!
With many data points, you expect a large fraction of the data points to lie outside the confidence band, but 95% to lie within the prediction bands. The confidence bands aren't supposed to show you the scatter of the data, but rather the uncertainty in the position of the line or curve.
https://www.graphpad.com/support/faq/an ... or%20curve.

If anyone wants to read the paper, it's a 25 page pdf.
https://watermark.silverchair.com/peds_ ... Rs7PZ9yeVM

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

zou3gou3 wrote: <snip>

If anyone wants to read the paper, it's a 25 page pdf.
https://watermark.silverchair.com/peds_ ... Rs7PZ9yeVM
"Session timed out" - that's quite a lengthy URL ...

zou3gou3

Post by zou3gou3 »

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:48 am
https://www.motherjones.com/politics/20 ... rlson-fox/

Father Tucker Coughlin.
Every one of these attacks on Carlson perfectly demonstrates his point. Carlson is one of the very few media personalities performing what is a vital function of the media. He is asking questions that one would have thought it necessary to ask before substantially damaging the economy, getting involved in a war or prolonging the suffering of others involved in a war. The reaction is hysterical, a reflexive shrieking condemnation without substance. Whether or not Putin or the Kremlin like what he is saying should be of little consequence, what matters is what is true and the implications of it for American policy. There are things about Carlson's take on Ukraine which I think are wrong. One is free to make a counter argument but what we get instead is smear and allegations of Putin support. The American establishment and their media lackeys have a problem, which is the regularity with which their meddling in places like the Ukraine and their lies about it are being exposed. The media have underplayed or downright denied the fact of ultra-nationalist violence against Russian speakers in Ukraine and their involvement in govt. The State Dept has indeed been meddling in Ukrainian politics and there are US sponsored biolabs in Ukraine with some very unsatisfactory justifications for their continued existence. It is these facts which damage America's credibility, make it harder to counter Putin's propaganda and cause so many people to be so mistrustful of their own government. Don't blame the messenger, blame people like Victoria Nuland, people who cause carnage from behind the curtain and never suffer the consequences.

Not only is the uniformity and control of the narrative unhealthy for a society, it is also not very good for the Ukraine. I think Zelenskyy is coming to the realisation that they are little more than a tool to the American establishment and the commitment will not extend much beyond supplying enough aid to sap Russian strength at the expense of Ukrainian lives and infrastructure. The media are really exaggerating the amount of practical support Ukraine can expect that would give them a chance of keeping their country. They will likely end up war ravaged, subservient and a handy justification for moral condemnation and punishment of Russia. The American people will also suffer.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: The reaction is hysterical, a reflexive shrieking condemnation without substance.
What part of 'by David Corn' don't you get?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

zou3gou3 wrote:
This guy is the one who doesn't understand statistics!
With many data points, you expect a large fraction of the data points to lie outside the confidence band, but 95% to lie within the prediction bands. The confidence bands aren't supposed to show you the scatter of the data, but rather the uncertainty in the position of the line or curve.
Let's take a look at the target.

What to expect:
soll.png
(196.12 KiB) Downloaded 140 times
What they got:
ist.png
(614.18 KiB) Downloaded 143 times

You be the judge.

John D

Post by John D »

Fuck off Steers... and suck my ass. No more response to your idiotic pedantic oddness. Just.... suck my ass...

and what did I see? Someone posted a "Mother Jones" article. Haha. Wow. Massive retard shit. Haha. Mother Jones on the pit. What the fuck just happened?

John D

Post by John D »

The reverse correlation to masking mandates is super interesting. One possibility is that governments put in mask mandates when cases of the Coof are high. Assuming masks are only partially helpful (at best), then places with mask mandates would actually perform worse for Coof cases.... becasue cases are just going to be high. It is a kind of reverse correlation. The reason there is a mask mandate is that there are lots of cases. So, really, you will never find a good natural experiment to determine if masks work in the public. The data will be way to noisy.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Ukraine's part of NATO! Who knew?

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

Thank you my canine friend for talking me down from the ledge last night. Today I was genuinely relevant in locating wall studs and assuring. She is extra obsessive right now because for the past several months she has been living with a daughter who means well but restricts her activity and contribution, so right now she is in hog heaven fixing up my house, and I need to stay within the bubble of inner peace to allow this to happen, and be happy that my place is looking looking tidy, long-broken second toilets are again operational, etc etc. That is all from Dogpatch.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

John D wrote: Fuck off Steers... and suck my ass. No more response to your idiotic pedantic oddness. Just.... suck my ass...

<snip>
LoL. After you Alphonse. If that's what you really want - which seems to be the case - then you might check out some gay websites or some "male" prostitutes.

But seems you can't handle any discussion of statistics or scientific principles that aren't circumscribed by variations in bolt diameters over a production run without experiencing incipient apoplexy; just butthurt that I don't genuflect to your entirely unevidenced opinions and threadbare claims.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

A dozen years ago-- there was a shitty reality teevee show called 'Tool Academy' about half-retarded party boys & their plastic girlfriends...
competing to... 'win' a cash prize by competing-in contrived reality-tv games... designed to address their relationship problems.

Only one episode remains in my mind, but it is vivid: they sent the couples on a camping trip. Lots of complaining from women in inappropriate
shoes-- about walking on a trial. Then each couple had-to set-up a tent together. And they were spectacularly bad about communicating & division of labor. Another 'challenge' consisted-of each couple being handcuffed-together... and having-to wash a muddy truck.

Another time-- I was on a waterfront boardwalk tourist strip, with a ladyfriend. We were considering renting bicycles. My date was eyeing the tandem bike. They rental guy said, "Are you sure about that? We call that the 'Divorce Bike'."

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

trail.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

fuzzy wrote:
That guy's full of shit.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

fuzzy wrote:

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

More Call of Duty™ adverts from the Ukrainian general staff:

John D

Post by John D »

I poop out my entire previous day of eating each morning. I can remember the meal from the smell. Every morning I am thinking something like "Oh yeah... I had Mexican last night." I have no extra shit in my colon. But I remember having a convo with my gay nephew, and he was describing his rectal cleanse and all the stuff he did to clean his bowels and I said "What the hell... you are only 30 and you think more about your poop than I do... What the fuck is wrong with you!?" Haha. Crazy Uncle John!

So - different story. I live in Michigan so lots of us go to Mackinaw Island. It is really cool.... so yeah... It is not lame. But... the first time I went with my wife we got a tandem bike, which is common on the island. You can ride around and see stuff. But... also... there are lots of horses which means there is lots of horse poop on the roads. Well, it rained that day and there was lots of wet horse poop on the road and... well.. .it is the person in the back seat that gets the horse poop sprayed on their legs when riding. So, yeah, my wife got horse poop all over her legs. Oh my. Don't do this.

John D

Post by John D »

Here are my favorite Austrians... haha.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

This place is called KGB Liquor.
I hope the owners covered the sign by choice, not because they feel intimidated by idiot bullies.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Service Dog wrote:

This place is called KGB Liquor.
I hope the owners covered the sign by choice, not because they feel intimidated by idiot bullies.
I used to work for Brookline Liquor Mart.

John D

Post by John D »

Oh… and as I drift off to sleep tonight I will think of ftp and steers and their beautiful lips on my ass. Good night all…

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

goodnite john-boy

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

Good night, jim-dog.
human-centipede.png
(166.65 KiB) Downloaded 97 times

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Another U.S. taxpayer-funded hot TikTok slut,

reciting Biden's lies about gasoline prices,

the Pandemic, and Russia Putin Russia.

https://t.me/RealVincentJames/12123

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Seriously, I'm trying to dump all of my old bigoted views but damn! The limp-wristed musical theatre appreciation on display in the 'pit is getting beyond a poke.

A joke!

Beyond a joke!

Fuck.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

"Former President Donald Trump shared his go-to songs to play while DJ’ing at Mar-a-Lago, his Florida resort, including ‘the gay national anthem’ and a variety of showtunes."
Trump shared how guests at the Palm Beach resort ‘love it’ when he plays the Village People’s Y.M.C.A., during an interview for the Full Send Podcast on Wednesday.

‘You know, I’ve played beautiful music. I love Broadway stuff . . . Phantom of the Opera,’ Les Mis, etc. . . . You know what gets them rockin’? Y.M.C.A.,’ Trump said.

‘Y.M.C.A. the gay national anthem. Did you ever hear that,’ Trump asked podcast hosts and YouTubers the NELK Boys. ‘They call it the gay national anthem. Y.M.C.A. gets people up and it gets them moving.’
https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment ... ar-AAUUdfI

Keating

Post by Keating »

Bhurzum wrote: Seriously, I'm trying to dump all of my old bigoted views but damn! The limp-wristed musical theatre appreciation on display in the 'pit is getting beyond a poke.

A joke!

Beyond a joke!

Fuck.
I prefer boy bands:

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

Even Arkansas pickers have gay songs.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

John D wrote: Oh… and as I drift off to sleep tonight I will think of ftp and steers and their beautiful lips on my ass. Good night all…
Haha. Everyone knows John D drifts off to sleep with a vibrator stuck up his needy asshole fantasizing about his daughter masturbating. Haha.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

vaya con dios pYtters

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Za-zen wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:35 am
vaya con dios pYtters

Let us know how it turns out if you can avail yourself of Musk's tech. Have read some negative reports from foreign volunteers who decided to get the fuck out after what they saw going on. Sounds like the system for integrating foreigners is dysfunctional and they end up being sent off to makeshift units with no clue as to what they're doing.

ThreeFlangedJavis

The war hysteria is getting bad. If you've been following the Tucker Carlson hate fest you'll know that Tulsi Gabbard is now being denounced as a traitor for expressing concern on TCT about the pandemic potential of pathogens escaping the US funded biolabs in Ukraine. Everything she said was factual but The View, Olberman, Adam Kinzinger etc are calling for action against her. Despite generally steering clear of Twitter I had a look at Kinzinger's tweet and the replies all assume that Gabbard is repeating Kremlin lies. These loons are carrying on as if the US were at war with Russia and they can have Gabbard and Carlson tried for not getting hysterical along with them. I'm surprised we haven't had a snarky comment yet from FTP about Gabbard and Carlson's "treason".

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Za-zen wrote: vaya con dios pYtters

You're going to war?

My hat is off to you.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

twitter:
Mitt Romney
@MittRomney
Tulsi Gabbard is parroting false Russian propaganda. Her treasonous lies may well cost lives.
4:59 PM · Mar 13, 2022

Tulsi Gabbard calls for Mitt Romney to resign:

TRANSCRIPT:

Senator Romney, you have called me a ‘treasonous liar’ for stating the fact that “there are 25 US-funded biolabs in Ukraine which if breached would release and spread deadly pathogens to US and world,” and therefore must be secured in order to prevent new pandemics.

Senator Romney, please provide evidence that what I said is untrue and treasonous. If you cannot, you should do the honorable thing: apologize and resign from Senate.

Evidence of the existence of such biolabs, their vulnerability, and thus the need to take immediate action to secure them is beyond dispute.

1. State Department’s Victoria Nuland acknowledged such labs containing dangerous pathogens exist in Ukraine in her testimony to the US Senate (March 8, 2022): “Ukraine has biological research facilities which, in fact we are quite concerned that Russian troops may be seeking to gain control of. We are working with the Ukrainians on how they can prevent any of those research materials from falling into the hands of Russian forces should they approach.”

2. Pentagon Fact sheet (March 11, 2022) has numerous statements directly & indirectly confirming the existence of such biolabs: “The United States, through BTRP, has invested approximately $200 million in Ukraine since 2005, supporting 46 Ukrainian laboratories, health facilities, and diagnostic sites.” LINK

3. CBS Face the Nation (March 13, 2022) National Security correspondent David Martin said he’d spoken to a Pentagon official who told him they’re concerned about the existence of such biolabs in Ukraine: “The concern is that the Russians will seize one of these biomedical research facilities that Ukraine has where they do research on deadly pathogens like botulism and anthrax, seize one of those facilities, weaponize the pathogen, and then blame it on Ukraine and the US, because the US has been providing support for some of the research being done in those facilities.”

4. In April 2020, in refuting Russia’s accusation that U.S. is using biolabs in Ukraine to develop biological weapons, U.S. Embassy in Ukraine acknowledged there are U.S. funded labs in Ukraine working with pathogens for vaccine and other peaceful purposes. LINK

5. CNN fact-check (March 10, 2022): “There are US-funded biolabs in Ukraine, that much is true.”

6. Furthermore, according to the DoD, there are two biolabs in Ukraine that have been under Russian control for some time: “Russia illegally took possession of two Ukrainian-owned laboratories that BTRP upgraded in 2014 and continues to deny Ukrainian access to these facilities.”

So, Senator Romney, you have a choice: out of pride, continue to deny the truth or admit you are wrong, apologize, and resign. Aloha. And remember that without the truth, we can be neither safe nor free.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Service Dog wrote:
Za-zen wrote: vaya con dios pYtters

You're going to war?

My hat is off to you.
I suggested to Adam Kinzinger that if he was so eager to go to war with Russia, he should join the foreign legion. He'll be the one cowering to the rear, with soiled BDUs, bawling his eyes out.

John D

Post by John D »

fuzzy wrote:
Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:31 pm
Screenshot_20220313-201638.png
I envy service dog his able-to-function-as-part-of-a-team girlfriend. This new window-blind has a tricky bracket, and while her words indicate that she would like some help, any attempt to read and understand the instructions is fiercely resisted as I can't get all the parts together long enough to even see if I have the right instructions and parts before the boss takes back over. This time I am trying to tell her that I am happy to help but she must stand back at least five feet and not talk. Am I the only guy that has this kind of problem when he attempts to keep a woman around the house?

Addendum: I did get her to leave her hands off the controls of the stove long enough to be able to prepare myself a bit of steak the way I like it
You must have some "rules of engagement". I have stayed married almost 40 years. No small task since I am often a total ass-hole.

I have a few slogans. One is "Honey... you can tell me what to do, or you can tell me how to do something... but you can't do both." So... I get to do things the way I want and you have to put up with it. For example... if I am cleaning the kitchen don't complain about it. I will do it my way. If you pick on how I clean up I will just stop doing it.

I also have very specific things I am willing to do. My wife likes to say something like "I would like you to help setting up my craft room." My reply will be "I will help for two hours. Tell me what you want and when and I will do it." In this case I am simply her brainless slave. I will not sort her stuff unless she can give me very specific instructions. She needs to tell me exactly what she needs. I will hang a painting or move furniture. I will not read her mind. I am not going to direct her. This kind of attitude prevents so much fighting. Haha. She will try to trap me... and say something like "Do you think I should move the table over here?" DON'T ENGAGE! Just politely say: "I will move the table wherever you want it." Do it with love in your heart. And.... when you finish tell her you were glad you could help.

When it comes to the tricky stuff like hanging a picture or window blind you can take the lead if you want.... but... you MUST check with her during the process. Make sure you get clear direction on the exact location. NEVER assume you know what she will like. If you assume she will often dislike your work (even if you did it right). She will need to provide directions.

If she starts to get too involved in the little details... like trying to decide what molly to use... simply remind her that this is your responsibility and you get to do it your way. Just remind her that you want to do it right. She gets to say where she wants the painting... and you get to say how you will hang it. It is a division of responsibility. It keeps the fights to a minimum.

Meals are the trickiest. I do almost all the cooking. And... she is a picky eater. So, I politely try to cook things just the way she likes. But, in this case, you have to be willing to accept regular criticism. She has to be able to tell me if her steak is not done enough... or if I used too much chili pepper. In this case we have gotten pretty good and treating each other with respect. I am not a great cook. She respects that I will try my best to cook the way she likes. She also knows that if she is too picky that I will get frustrated.

Most of the pitters have been reading about my wife problems... so maybe my advice is not very useful. We have made some recent adjustments and are doing better. Things are very different after almost 40 years. We are less angry lately after going through a very rough patch. Still sleeping alone and still no sex, but we stopped hating each other. Haha. After a few therapy sessions we have decided to treat each other with some respect and affection. I have such a strong bond to her that we could never separate... it is just impossible for us to break up.

John D

Post by John D »

John D wrote: Oh… and as I drift off to sleep tonight I will think of ftp and steers and their beautiful lips on my ass. Good night all…
Haha. Everyone knows John D drifts off to sleep with a vibrator stuck up his needy asshole fantasizing about his daughter masturbating. Haha.
Sweet kisses to you... my little bitch.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Service Dog wrote: twitter:
Mitt Romney
@MittRomney
Tulsi Gabbard is parroting false Russian propaganda. Her treasonous lies may well cost lives.
4:59 PM · Mar 13, 2022

Tulsi Gabbard calls for Mitt Romney to resign:

TRANSCRIPT:
<snip>

So, Senator Romney, you have a choice: out of pride, continue to deny the truth or admit you are wrong, apologize, and resign. Aloha. And remember that without the truth, we can be neither safe nor free.

https://youtu.be/w1qBhJYoqUs
Gabbard looks like a "woman" with some balls ... ;-)

But thanks for the transcript.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

John D wrote:
Sweet kisses to you... my little bitch.
No thanks ass worshipper. I never kiss weirdos that smell and taste their shit every time they take a dump.
You really need to talk to a shrink about your ass obsession.