Steerzing in a New Direction...

Old subthreads
Service Dog

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

Post by Service Dog »

Waiting overnight in a hospital for a surgeon, with a broken arm, high on Dilaudid, they asked me how I felt.

I said, "I am a newborn baby chick, hatched on the beach at sunrise."

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

meet Ashley Robertson...
https://nitter.net/pic/media%2FFNRgFfVUcAMpbAR.png
https://nitter.net/pic/media%2FFNRgIgUUcAAzSFt.jpg
https://nitter.net/pic/media%2FFNRgQ7MVkAIvLbu.jpg

____
meanwhile, this poster was noticed by parents in several states...

https://nitter.net/pic/media%2FFNSGtouVgAM7YKQ.jpg

____

Lesbian Sex & the City actress and politicial candidate Cynthia Nixon... comments on NYC... while on a family vacation in Africa
https://nitter.net/pic/media%2FFNMMQsQVcAEq3S9.jpg
https://nitter.net/pic/media%2FFNMMQsvVkAED2HE.jpg

____

(this post exists because I figured-out:
1. I can see twitter without signing-up... using Nitter.
2. With just a little tweaking of the URL, I can hotlink to images hosted on Nitter.

all of the above is from LibsOfTikTok twitter account.)

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Then you internet stalked me and doxxed me
Check your PM. I have shown you evidence that I not only gave details about you that you had already posted, but you had doxxed yourself but also that I had omitted giving out the information that gave out your business name which could lead to your exact location.
The reason I sent you the proof of that in a PM is because Lsuoma has apparently decided that repeating personal information that someone has posted about themselves earlier and self doxxing would be doxxing or he realized that you would snivel about repeating information you had posted about yourself as "internet stalking".
Feel free to post my PM if you think it is untoward or if you otherwise want to make a point with it.
I didn't dox or internet stalk you, if you didn't know it before you should know it now.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

fuzzy wrote: So yeah, dilaudid is the name of the strong opiate elixir available in the United States for extreme pain. Wild E. Fuzzy, Super Genius, had successfully replaced an upstairs toilet, and with my ladyfriend gone doing chores in town, did not properly secure said heavy porcelain item, which fell and cracked and I fell on top, sustaining a long deep slice to the forearm. I didn't feel a thing apparently in the immediate shock and the gash was in the unseen side of my arm, so I spent some dozens of seconds just thinking I needed to right myself and clean up the porcelain, gradually noticing the wetness and pooling blood, had the presence of mind to call 911, and in the aftermath spent an evening in a hospital room how to prudent since I was low on blood and they get a little nervous about people with obstructive sleep apnea, so while spending the night with this nice machine pumping the good stuff for the only time in my life I've experienced it, and it was nice having access to the pyt.

For what it's worth, I'm triple-waxed with moderna, my older lady friend is double-waxed with a moderna, had my flu shot, nobody tested me for covid or asked me if I ever had covid the nurses weren't wearing masks but I did have to find one put one on while they wheeled me through the downstairs Lobby as is the standard exit procedure.

And I'm a cranky old bastard and I appreciate you guys putting up with me.
I remember getting Dilaudid for acute pancreatitis. The relief was intense. One minute I was in real agony, the next it felt like someone had clamped me on the back of my next, then I was floating away. Love me some Dilaudid...

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Lsuoma wrote: I remember getting Dilaudid for acute pancreatitis. The relief was intense. One minute I was in real agony, the next it felt like someone had clamped me on the back of my next, then I was floating away. Love me some Dilaudid...
Meh.

A slap in the mouth, a roll-up smoke and screamed at by your platoon sergeant is all you need. Fixes everything from broken limbs to sucking chest wounds.

#BunchOfPoofs

free thoughtpolice

Gumby wrote:
Lol, not so much.
btw Do you know a good free program that has a resize option? For some reason the one I was using is glitchy. Could be because I have a buggy computer but Irphan has been not working.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Gumby wrote:
Lol, not so much.
btw Do you know a good free program that has a resize option? For some reason the one I was using is glitchy. Could be because I have a buggy computer but Irphan has been not working.
For resizing photos I use Topaz Labs Gigapixel. It's amazing but unfortunately it's not free - it's US $99.99 right now. What are you using now?

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Q: Isn't the cost of transitioning to Green energy expensive?

A: No. It saves you $48.

US Secretary of Energy Granholm:

________

5% of US coal imports are from Russia. 220,000 short tons in 2020.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Excellent summary-- regarding the effects of 10% Ethanol gasoline on Carbon emissions.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

I'd said in a previous post that Biden fucked up and opened Ukraine up by saying he wouldn't deploy US forces in any situation. An analysis i've heard suggests it wasn't a mistake. Biden couldn't afford to get entangled in Ukraine because it would open the back door for China to make moves on Taiwan. Which would overextend the US. He is laser focused on China, and came to the conclusion that saying he wouldn't guarantee Ukraine's independence will work in his favour for when he does declare he will guarantee Taiwan. If he has to, Intel are also now building a semi conductor fab in the US, in real terms he probably only has to keep Taiwan out of China's hands for another five years. One thing that works for him is that China will have made this calculation too, and they are very very patient.

Watched J Keane (former 4 star) give an interview where he stressed ((as in saying but not saying he had seen the intel)) that Russia was going to level Ukrainian cities, as in carpet bomb them. It's a level of insane that's hard to believe, but Keane seemed certain of it.

Been weighing up whether to go, i've got a medical op coming up, and my children are still young, i'm older and slower, and the idea of sleeping in my own shit doesn't appeal to me in the same way anymore, but this bastard needs stopped. 20 year old kids from here are hopping on planes to go and fight.

free thoughtpolice

Gumby wrote:
Gumby wrote:
Lol, not so much.
For resizing photos I use Topaz Labs Gigapixel. It's amazing but unfortunately it's not free - it's US $99.99 right now. What are you using now?
Gumby wrote:
Gumby wrote:
Lol, not so much.
Irfhan View. I suppose I'll have to shell a few bucks and actually pay for usable software that will do that.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Za-zen wrote: Been weighing up whether to go, i've got a medical op coming up, and my children are still young, i'm older and slower, and the idea of sleeping in my own shit doesn't appeal to me in the same way anymore, but this bastard needs stopped. 20 year old kids from here are hopping on planes to go and fight.
The question I have-- for all foreigners converging on UKR to fight... is why is it necessary to "join", and to fight on Ukrainian soil.

It seems to me that a bunch of angry Lone Wolf attackers... causing trouble for Russia... all-over the globe... might contribute-more.

Suppose you sabotage a Russian oil tanker in some foreign port, or do a million dollars damage to their commercial jet's engine, sitting on a runway.

Or food poison a bunch of people at a tourist attraction-- like the Bolshoi. Derail the Trans-Siberian Express. Or the bullet train to St. Pete...

I'm not saying terrorism isn't reprehensible... it is! But as-long as you're just an independent individual with a grudge... not acting with sanction from your govt
or Ukraine's... it seems like that's a bang-for-your-buck more-effective option.

I think I might have a blindspot... on this subject... so if it seems like I'm missing something really-obvious... tell me what it is.

I can think of many reasons -I- wouldn't pursue this course of action. But someone who is otherwise going-to to trek to UKR & join & fight...
is in a different position. Aren't they?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Nice.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Service Dog wrote:
Za-zen wrote: Been weighing up whether to go, i've got a medical op coming up, and my children are still young, i'm older and slower, and the idea of sleeping in my own shit doesn't appeal to me in the same way anymore, but this bastard needs stopped. 20 year old kids from here are hopping on planes to go and fight.
The question I have-- for all foreigners converging on UKR to fight... is why is it necessary to "join", and to fight on Ukrainian soil.

It seems to me that a bunch of angry Lone Wolf attackers... causing trouble for Russia... all-over the globe... might contribute-more.

Suppose you sabotage a Russian oil tanker in some foreign port, or do a million dollars damage to their commercial jet's engine, sitting on a runway.

Or food poison a bunch of people at a tourist attraction-- like the Bolshoi. Derail the Trans-Siberian Express. Or the bullet train to St. Pete...

I'm not saying terrorism isn't reprehensible... it is! But as-long as you're just an independent individual with a grudge... not acting with sanction from your govt
or Ukraine's... it seems like that's a bang-for-your-buck more-effective option.

I think I might have a blindspot... on this subject... so if it seems like I'm missing something really-obvious... tell me what it is.

I can think of many reasons -I- wouldn't pursue this course of action. But someone who is otherwise going-to to trek to UKR & join & fight...
You're right that if you wanted to damage Russia, that would be the way to go. I would think the reason people are heading to Ukraine is to help and defend the Ukrainian people first and foremost.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Za-zen wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:53 pm
Service Dog wrote:

You're right that if you wanted to damage Russia, that would be the way to go. I would think the reason people are heading to Ukraine is to help and defend the Ukrainian people first and foremost.
Seeds accepted. Seeds sown.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

12 days in, the Poles had lost everything west of the Vistula. UKA so far comes out ahead.

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

She’s probably better preserved than Nancy Pelosi:
https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-60662541

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Za-zen wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:17 pm
Biden couldn't afford to get entangled in Ukraine because it would open the back door for China to make moves on Taiwan. Which would overextend the US. He is laser focused on China, and came to the conclusion that saying he wouldn't guarantee Ukraine's independence will work in his favour for when he does declare he will guarantee Taiwan.
Sure about that? Keeping his ice cream perched on it's cone takes max concentration for the guy. Coming around to the opinion that the tone deaf unawareness of the disaster he's presiding over and the Jim Crow rhetoric are more to do with addled incomprehension than straight dishonesty. He says what he's briefed to. He's never been a politician driven by principle, it's all been career and expediency. There has never been an acknowledgement of Afghanistan. Perhaps he really believes he made the best of his hand. As commentators have said his SOTU address was both dishonest and unskilled. He had opportunities for some positive PR but he went with the usual disjointed mess, leaving the odd moments of momentum hanging. I think you can all see the roots of the inflation problem, energy prices, the border problem, burgeoning fentanyl deaths and crime. Biden looks everywhere else for an explanation as if the public are ignorant. Sorry, I have no faith that Biden is foucssed on China in a coherent way. His 2021 budget was profligate for every Fed department except Homeland Security and Defence. The army, navy and airforce all say they are unable to provide the capabilities they need within budget. Some of the constraints on army combat vehicle replacement, for instance, are pretty dire. They are unable to implement combat helicopter upgrades and have had to cut back on troop training.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Za-zen wrote: You're right that if you wanted to damage Russia, that would be the way to go. I would think the reason people are heading to Ukraine is to help and defend the Ukrainian people first and foremost.
Am I paraphrasing you correctly-- if I call that "directly" defending the Ukrainian people?

And the approach I described would-be "indirectly" defending them (at best).

I still have difficulty conceptualizing any crucial distinction between those options.

Especially if the 'direct' option just gets the foreign volunteers killed real-quick.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

‘Vagina Museum’ Celebrates International Women’s Day By Honoring Women Whose Vaginas Are Penises:

https://www.dailywire.com/news/vagina-m ... ogical-men

ThreeFlangedJavis

Vlad Vexler here gives the impression of knowing his stuff. I believe him. Watch for a different take on what is going on in Putin's circle. First takeaway is that although there are good military reasons to think the Russians may not be in as much trouble as supposed, knowing that Putin's preference is for wars that the public struggle to conclusively identify as wars, one can conclude that he definitely wanted this over very quickly. Putin has no reverse gear in this scenario so he's in an escalation cycle. Sources which Vexler finds credible say that there is intelligence that a tactical nuclear strike on a NATO country is being considered if things go very badly in Ukraine. It's an obvious tool in his arsenal and I find it odd that few seem to be considering it. Maybe the West knows this and that's why the Polish planes were held back. His other option is escalation of the strategic nuke threat to see if he can bulldoze a way out.

Remember that exchange on TV between Putin and one of his intelligence chiefs? Most of assumed the guy was in fear of Putin as compliant answers were extracted from him. In Vexler's view the guy realised two things at that moment, that the invasion was on and that he was being made complicit.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Bhurzum wrote:
Lsuoma wrote: I remember getting Dilaudid for acute pancreatitis. The relief was intense. One minute I was in real agony, the next it felt like someone had clamped me on the back of my next, then I was floating away. Love me some Dilaudid...
Meh.

A slap in the mouth, a roll-up smoke and screamed at by your platoon sergeant is all you need. Fixes everything from broken limbs to sucking chest wounds.

#BunchOfPoofs
Indeed - bunch of jam tarts, clearly not at all "real men" ... ;-)

John D

Post by John D »

Campbell pretty much nails this.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: Vlad Vexler here gives the impression of knowing his stuff.
Assume Vexler's analysis is 100% correct. (Or, at least, it's as-good-as the primary scenario being-presented to Biden & the Joint Chiefs of Staff/ & the intel guys are saying they're "90% confident" that Vexler is correct.)

How do Biden et al react?

I can easily imagine them... receiving that scenario as good news. If Putin detonates one nuke... not on US civilian soil... then the world has-to rally-around Biden as the default leader/ whether they like it or not. Same if Putin sabre-rattles about full-scale nukewar. (For example, if Putin sends all the Moscow schoolchildren to the countryside).

I don't see Biden's team reacting with brilliance.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Electric cars run on Dead Ukrainians

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

John D wrote: Campbell pretty much nails this.
my summary of his summary:

First 3 months after Pfizer jab launch:

42,086 people with adverse events.
(some people with multiple adverse events: totaling 158,893 events)

1,223 deaths

why wasn't this data in the public domain already?

Total Number of Doses Administered: appears to be redacted.

51,000 general disorders

26,000 nervous system disorders

17,000 musculoskeletal & connective tissue disorders

14,000 gastrointestinal disorders

8,500 skin & subcutaneous tissue disorders

8,800 respiratory, thoracic & mediastinal disorders

4,600 infections and infestations

5,600 injuries, poisonings, procedural complications. (and 3,693 additional investigations)

Cardiovascular incidents Of Special Interest: 3.3% of dataset/ 1,400

Additional events of special interest: 9 PAGES OF DENSE TEXT... name-after-name of syndromes & medical conditions.

(no "Index of Suspicion' was made-available-- in real time-- to warn medical professionals to what look-out for)

Medical officials in Austria now say the risk/benefit ratio of the Pfizer vax is NOT PROPORTIONATE, given the mild symptoms of Omicron.

The mainstream media have generally ignored these revelations.

Trust in medical authorities, governments, and journalism... has been lost.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Service Dog wrote:
Za-zen wrote: You're right that if you wanted to damage Russia, that would be the way to go. I would think the reason people are heading to Ukraine is to help and defend the Ukrainian people first and foremost.

Am I paraphrasing you correctly-- if I call that "directly" defending the Ukrainian people?

And the approach I described would-be "indirectly" defending them (at best).

I still have difficulty conceptualizing any crucial distinction between those options.

Especially if the 'direct' option just gets the foreign volunteers killed real-quick.
I guess the distinction would be one of value. The act of protecting a civilian Ukrainian from harm or death, being more valuable to most than the act of causing harm or death to a Russian soldier. The death of the Russian soldier as a by-product of a direct defensive act of another human being I think is more psychologically compelling, but i'm not a psychologist.

Sacrifice and the willingness of human beings being prepared to sacrifice themselves in the defence of those who need protection is i think a powerful human instinct without which our societies wouldn't exist. It's also one of the most honoured human actions, we elevate it above most else, and for good reason.

To go on a tangent it's also why hacking at the idea of gender roles is very dangerous. There are psychological differences between the sexes especially in extreme conditions, such as war and all fucking hell coming down on your house. But even if there wasn't, there are very good reasons why women and children should be moved to the rear and the men advance to the front. Males are physically better suited to combat, are there some women who are also staying in Ukraine to fight? YES and their courage and sacrifice is equal to the men who do, but they are not the norm, nor should they be expected to be.

Males are biologically more disposable, attacking the very pillars in civilisation which enable the defence of that civilisation, which is where we are at with the fucking rad fem SJW crazies, would have resulted in a Ukraine where everyone ran for the border when the force of real tyranny, arrived at the walls. At some point there are no more borders to run to.

The image of women and children, who are the future of a nation being moved to safety, whilst the men say "fuck you" to the devil's face, is the reality of the world when safe space candy floss bubbles burst. Fuck with it at your peril.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

So shortly after I called 911 and finally felt secure that someone was on his way, .. oh my, my beef pot pie is ready, will have story later

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

My next door neighbor knocks, young man who bought the place next door about a year ago, and I was friendly with, who is a Mennonite, and I was ready friendly with his dad's family business is going way back but didn't really know how far it all stretch,, but it turns out that he's an EMT and so I was waiting for someone to show up along the road and instead my neighbor knocked and help me stop up my gushing blood etc etc,. County sheriff is also EMT dating back to God knows when so I wrote in an ambulance with one driving one attending and one extra attending who was my county sheriff. I have a lot of other Ride along stories I'd like to contrast with John D. I just like to ride in the backseat haha

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Service Dog wrote:

Or maybe assassinate a Russian oligarch's girlfriend?

Ukraine has set up a foreign legion. Join that, and you're protected under Article IV of the Geneva convention. Any of your other suggestions, and you're a terrorist.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Anyone else find it a bit ironic for someone with multiple personalities to assure you that "remember, you're never alone"?

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

I have very weak vision, and my glasses were somewhere lost in the pile of broken porcelain. There were at least a dozen men at the place at some point and at one point I noticed someone looked foggly like a police officer and I knew there might be a lofty sense of marijuana possibly a little coming out of the nearby bedroom oh dear oh my, grumbled a bit about are you a police officer, and got a reply of yeah well you called 911 you get these things. A moment later I recognized another guy at the foot of the bed that I remembered I had read that my sheriff was who I'd never met was an EMT and I asked I said are you my county sheriff and he said yes and I said what's your name and he said XYZ and I said well thank you x, so he felt happy to take charge and nobody worried about my little funny lofty smell which I'm sure was not lost, the main investigator is a direct relative of hoss Cartwright but that's another story

https://www.ktlo.com/2022/02/13/suspect ... is-weapon/

ThreeFlangedJavis

Service Dog wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:52 pm
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: Vlad Vexler here gives the impression of knowing his stuff.
Assume Vexler's analysis is 100% correct. (Or, at least, it's as-good-as the primary scenario being-presented to Biden & the Joint Chiefs of Staff/ & the intel guys are saying they're "90% confident" that Vexler is correct.)

How do Biden et al react?

I can easily imagine them... receiving that scenario as good news. If Putin detonates one nuke... not on US civilian soil... then the world has-to rally-around Biden as the default leader/ whether they like it or not. Same if Putin sabre-rattles about full-scale nukewar. (For example, if Putin sends all the Moscow schoolchildren to the countryside).

I don't see Biden's team reacting with brilliance.
Well you wouldn't. That's something never seen before and something not likely to ever be seen.

TBF I don't know how you would react. It'd be a bit of a high wire act. I'd prefer not to think that even Biden is such a cunt as to welcome a nukular bang. I'll need it demonstrated before going completely cynical.

Bottom line is that you need to know who you are dealing with and Vexler sounds like a guy worth listening to. As he says, just because Russians look a bit like Europeans it doesn't mean they're going to have the same values. Vexler provides a lot of detail on the way the regime functions and how they negotiate public opinion. It's fascinating.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

Fun Fact: the bluegrass band that appeared a few times in The original Andy Griffith show https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dillards was a local band around here and a personal friend of mine is a banjoist who actually appears on one Alison krauss song, and owns the banjo that appears in those episodes and I had a chance to hold it once at the local music store, which is owned by a guy who plays for ...

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

Oh crap his bandmate got in trouble a few years ago https://www.thewrap.com/lovin-spoonful- ... n-charges/

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Za-zen wrote: Sacrifice and the willingness of human beings being prepared to sacrifice themselves in the defence of those who need protection is i think a powerful human instinct without which our societies wouldn't exist.
Everything you wrote makes sense. And this reply I'm typing doesn't negate it. ...it supplements.

https://www.puttyandpaint.com/images/up ... _sized.jpg

I read somewhere (Neal Stephenson, maybe?) that Athena is usually depicted with her helmet tilted-back... because she represents the brainy craft of war. Her husband is Hephaestus-- sooty, burly, toiling at the anvil to make weapons. And her brother Ares represents the brawling quick-tempered side of war.

...different approaches, all human. But the version you describe-- Za-zen-- is the most fundamental.

Still... I have a feeling we could use more students of this guy-- in NATO & the State Department:

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Service Dog wrote:

<snip>
Over what size of population? All of US & Europe?

Assuming that for ballparking, that's 160,000 in, say, 1 billion or 1 in about 6000. 0.016% Doesn't seem terribly outside of what is typical for vaccines in general.

You - or John D or his good buddy Dr. John Campbell - have any idea how that might compare with those other vaccines?

I don't see, offhand and on a quick skim, any incidence rate info in this document, but some evidence at least of something in the way of the same number of "adverse incidents" - some 4 pages of them, even if for multiple vaccines:
Committee to Review Adverse Effects of Vaccines
Board on Population Health and Public Health Practice
National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine. 2012. Adverse Effects of Vaccines: Evidence and Causality. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press. https://doi.org/10.17226/13164.
https://www.nap.edu/read/13164/chapter/17
Service Dog wrote: <snip>
Medical officials in Austria now say the risk/benefit ratio of the Pfizer vax is NOT PROPORTIONATE, given the mild symptoms of Omicron.

The mainstream media have generally ignored these revelations.

Trust in medical authorities, governments, and journalism... has been lost.
:roll: You might actually try reading and thinking about what you post. The article in question is apparently NOT talking about the "risk/benefit ratio of the Pfizer vax" itself, but of the "general vaccine mandate":
BERLIN — Four months ago, Austria made headlines when it announced plans to become the first Western democracy to impose a general vaccine mandate to fight the coronavirus, a measure that would have hit adults who refused to be inoculated with fines of up to 3,600 euros (about $4,000). ....

Calling the law “not proportionate” given the relatively mild symptoms experienced by most people with the variant, Karoline Edtstadler, the minister responsible for Austria’s constitutional affairs, said the country was doing a U-turn on its policy.
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/09/worl ... =url-share

You have any information to the contrary? :roll:

What seems to have been "lost" - if it was ever present to begin with - is a general ability to read and comprehend the facts, to not react with bogus rumours, conspiracy "theories", and misinformation campaigns.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Steersman wrote:
Service Dog wrote:

<snip>

Assuming that for ballparking, that's 160,000 in, say, 1 billion or 1 in about 6000. 0.016% Doesn't seem terribly outside of what is typical for vaccines in general.
You think One Billion people received the Pfizer jab... in the first 3 months it was released?

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YOD9drZasM
:roll: You bother to look at the links he posted? And the conclusions therefrom? This one in particular?
5.3.6 CUMULATIVE ANALYSIS OF POST-AUTHORIZATION ADVERSE EVENT
REPORTS OF PF-07302048 (BNT162B2) RECEIVED THROUGH 28-FEB-2021
https://phmpt.org/wp-content/uploads/20 ... rience.pdf

Bottom line conclusion(s):
Conclusion: This cumulative case review does not raise new safety issues. Surveillance will continue. ....

Review of the available data for this cumulative PM experience, confirms a favorable benefit: risk balance for BNT162b2.
You have anything from Pfizer, the CDC, or the good Dr. Campbell that contradicts that "favourable benefit:risk balance"? :roll:

But something on a related issue, on the claim that the "VE" (vaccine effectiveness) goes negative after 2 to 5 months:
Potential bias in VE estimates means that “it is measuring something different from what we think it is,” Dr Hansen told Reuters. “The VE estimate may be biased if the infection rates in the vaccinated and unvaccinated populations are impacted by effects other than the vaccines.”

“The fact that the estimated VE is negative during the last period suggests that there is bias in the comparison between the vaccinated and the unvaccinated population. We also make this point in the discussion. Such biases are quite common in VE estimation from observational studies based on population data (unlike a phase 3 randomised trial which is the gold-standard),” Dr Hansen said.
https://www.reuters.com/article/factche ... SL1N2TE17B

Given that you more or less justifiably raise the point that models are imperfect, that they can easily be applied in cases where the underlying assumptions are no longer valid, I'm a bit surprised that you - and/or many others here and elsewhere - seem reluctant to consider the relevance of that to the VE measurements. As indicated, it's quite likely that the negative numbers are "impacted by effects other than the vaccines". Candidate effects might be the reduced effectiveness against the variant targeted by the vaccine, or the exposure to entirely different ones.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Fuzzy on drugs is a hoot.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Service Dog wrote:
Steersman wrote:
Service Dog wrote:

<snip>

You think One Billion people received the Pfizer jab... in the first 3 months it was released?
Fair enough. The linked articles isn't clear on what the population size might have been; a reference to a note but I don't see it there:
3.1.1. General Overview
It is estimated that approximately

Code: Select all

[b 4]
doses of BNT162b2 were shipped worldwide from the receipt of the first temporary authorisation for emergency supply on 01 December 2020 through 28 February 2021

But some other sources give some suggestion that the population in which those 160,000 "adverse reactions" occurred was substantial:
As with the initial agreement, the U.S. government will allocate doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine to 92 low- and lower-middle-income countries as defined by Gavi’s COVAX Advanced Market Commitment (AMC) and the 55 member states of the African Union. Deliveries of the initial 500 million doses began in August 2021, and the total 1 billion doses under the expanded agreement are expected to be delivered by the end of September 2022.
https://www.genengnews.com/covid-19-can ... ma-bnt162/

You have any information as to how large that population might have been? If you or Campbell or John D don't have those then it kinda looks like a case of "the sky's falling!!" ....

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

I'm beginning to think that very few people understand relative vs absolute risk.

I pretty much switch off when I hear "xxxx has a yy% increase of risk over zzzz"

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Brive1987 wrote: I'm beginning to think that very few people understand relative vs absolute risk.

I pretty much switch off when I hear "xxxx has a yy% increase of risk over zzzz"
Anything in particular that I've said that suggests that I don't understand the difference between the two, or either concept?

Though I'll readily concede that I hadn't actually ever looked at the specifics - until reading these just now:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Relative_risk
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absolute_risk

Although it seems the concept in play with the "adverse events" discussion is related to the latter, to the absolute risk:
Absolute risk (or AR) is the probability or chance of an event. It is usually used for the number of events (such as a disease) that occurred in a group, divided by the number of people in that group.

Absolute risk is one of the most understandable ways of communicating health risks to the general public.
Some evidence to suggest that the "group" in question of the "absolute risk" of the "adverse effects" that were the subject of Campbell's video may well have been tens of millions to hundreds of millions:
The European Medicines Agency (EMA) regularly reviews the data on the vaccine's safety. The safety report published on 8 September 2021, by the EMA was based on over 392 million doses administered in the European Union.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pfizer%E2 ... 19_vaccine

Although that is sort of dependent on a number of issues and aspects, not least of which are the adverse effects in question. That last Wikipedia article on the Pfizer vaccine says that relatively minor effects - "pain and swelling at the injection site, tiredness, headache, muscle aches, chills, joint pain, and fever" - occur in 1 case out of 10, while more serious adverse effects - "temporary one sided facial drooping and allergic reactions such as hives or swelling of the face" - may occur in 1 case out of 1000.

Vaccine effectiveness would seem to be a case of relative risk: two populations, the vaccinated and the unvaccinated, exposed to the virus but one has a higher incidence of hospitalization and death than the other.

But a big part of the problem of vaccine misinformation seems to be that so many - including those who should know better - are so clueless about the basics and that they're so unwilling to read and learn. Somewhat amused to see something of a warning message at the top of Campbell's YouTube video:
Note: In response to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19), you may see information panels with links to learn more about COVID-19 or COVID-19 vaccine info. In some places, you’ll notice COVID-19 info or COVID-19 vaccine info in local languages with links to local sources, such as health ministries and centers for disease control.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YOD9drZasM

None so blind as those who will not see.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Steersman wrote: You - or John D or his good buddy Dr. John Campbell - have any idea
To be clear... John D. merely posted the link the link to the video. I merely posted my brief notes on the video. And Dr. John Campbell merely summarized the report by the Plaintiffs who obtained the Pfizer Documents via court order.

The plaintiffs are:

PFIZER'S DOCUMENTS
Peter Aaby, MSc, DMSc
Head of Bandim Health Project, Guinea-Bissau, University of Southern Denmark, Copenhagen, Denmark
Peter Abdelmalak
Adjunct Professor, Mcmaster University
Erich Acebedoo, MD
Ebad Ahmadzadeh, PhD
Ilze Aizsilniece, MD
Paul E. Alexander, PhD
Former WHO-PAHO and US Health and Human Services (HHS) evidence-synthesis consultant/senior COVID Pandemic advisor
Veleka Allen, PhD
Sergio Alonso, DO
Dunya Amash, MD
David Ambaye, PhD
Donna Ames, MD
Retired Professor UCLA and retired Veterans Affairs Psychiatrist
Nongnush Ammoury, PharmD, PhD
Peppa Anthi, MD
Robert Ardecky, PhD
Patrick Armistead-jehle, PhD
George Armstrong, MD
Konstantinos Arvanitis, MD, PhD
Branson Ashleigh, PhD
Steven Athanail, MD
Bryan Atkinson, MD
Rajeshwar Awatramani, PhD
Jaya Bahel, MD
Sameer Baig, MD
Samantha Bailey, MD
Alan Bain, DO
David Baker, PhD
Cristina Barbera, DO
Vladislav Bargman, MD
Ana Baroni, MD, PhD
Richard Bartlett, MD
Jason Beam, PhD
Adjunct Instructor, Tulane University School of Professional Advancement, Kinesiology Department
Ralph Behrens, MD
Patricia Bell, MD
Massimo Belladonna, MD
Paula Belloni, PhD
Ludmila Bendova, MD
Robert Benkendorf, MD
Christine Stabell Benn, MD, PhD, DMSc
Professor of Global Health, University of Southern Denmark, Copenhagen, Denmark
Doug Benson, MD
Natalia Berkovich, MD
Wanderley Bernardo, MD, PhD
Professor at São Paulo University (USP), Medical School (FMUSP), Brazil
Brian Bernhardt, MD
Ira Bernstein, MD
Family and Community Medicine, University of Toronto
Leslie Bernstein, PhD, MA, MFT, PsyD
Aditi Bhargava, PhD
Professor Emerita Department of ObGyn and Reproductive Sciences University of California San Francisco
Roberto Biagio, MD
Dick Bijl, MSc, MD, PhD
Marguerite Billbrough, MD
Peter Billing, MD, FACS
Lionel Bissoon, DO
Joshaun Blackmon, MD
Marsha Blakeslee, DO
Retired former tenured Professor of Physics (University of Ottawa)
Researcher, Ontario Civil Liberties Association
Calvin Blount, MD, MDVIP
Mary Bluntzer, MD
Sietske Boeles, MD, MRCPsych, MPH
Luis Bonilla, BS, MS, MSc, MPH, MSD, GCB, PhD
Elijah Bonnell, PhD
Mark Borello, MD
László G. Boros, MD
Andrew Bostom, MD, MS
Associate Professor of Family Medicine (Research), The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University
Jake Bostrom, MD
Scientific Advisor, SIDMAP, LLC and the Deutenomics Science Institute
Mohamed Bouarfa, MD
Mary Talley Bowden, MD
Thomas Bowman, PhD
Anooshirvan Bozorgmehr, DO
Blanka Brabencová , MD
Kurt Bravata, MD
David Bravo, MD, MSC
Rachel Brenn, PhD
Julio Bretas, MD
Andrea Breuer, MD
Byram W. Bridle, PhD
Associate Professor of Viral Immunology, Department of Pathobiology, University of Guelph, Ontario
Christopher Britt, DO
Elisabeth Brockie, DO
Bob Bronson, MD, DO, PhD
Anthony J. Brookes, PhD
Professor of Genetics, University of Leicester, Leicester, United Kingdom
Douglas Brooks, MD
Carole H Browner, PhD, MPH
Distinguished Research Professor, UCLA David Geffen School of Medicine
Pablo Buono, MD
Chris Burks, MD
António Caiado, MD
Carrie Cannon, MD
Robert Cartwright, DO, ND
Zana Carver, PhD
Dianna Carvey, DO
Thomas Causey, PhD
Eladivid Cent, MD
Lora Chamberlain, DO
Daniel Chan, PhD
Kerry Chandler, MD
Lilian Chang, MD
Theodota Chasapi, MD
Shankara Chetty, MD
Heather Church, PhD
Robert J. Cihak, MD
Former President, Association of American Physicians and Surgeons, Inc.
Kathy Clarke, MD
Paul Cohen, MD
Ryan Cole, MD, FCAP
Joel Colley, MD
Josephine Collins, PhD
Linda Collins, MD, PhD
Kelly Conaty, MD
Herr Cong, PhD
Christine Coniglio, PhD, ABD
Maria Conwell, MD
Deborah Cook, MD
American Board of Pediatrics
Cary Cook, PhD
Rachel Corbett, MD
Marco Cosentino, MD, PhD
Stefan Coskun, MD
Neil Creamer, PhD
Tom Crisp, DO
Don Cruise, MD
Rafael Cruz Pagan, MD
Maria Cunha, MD
Cintia Cuperman, MD
Hmel Da, MD
Anthony DAgostino, MD, FACP
Bjorn Dajoak, MD
David d’Albany, PhD
Joe Dana, PhD
Edmond Dano, MD
Elena Iulia Darie, MD
Jason Dausman, MD
Roberto Davila, PhD
Jeffrey Davis, MD
Valle De Beraca, MD
Thomas de Brigard, MD
Niek de Grap, MD
Anton de Ruiter, PhD
Sławomir Dębski, DO
Daniel Decker, MD
James DelloRusso, MD
Thomas Denmark, MD
Jenna Derr, MD
John Dickerson, MD
Mathew Divine, PhD
Edward Dodge, MD
Stephen Donahue, MD
Peter Doshi, PhD
Associate Professor, Pharmaceutical Health Services Research, University of Maryland School of Pharmacy, Baltimore, Maryland, U.S.A.
Henry Dowling, MD
Pat U. Down, MD
Susan Downs, MD, MPH, SM, MS
Brian Dressen, PhD
Valentin Drezaliu, MD
Danielle Durant, PhD
Hasan Ebrahim, MD
Sarah Edmonds, PhD
Felix Moyo Edonmi, MD
John Edward, PhD
Ryan Eggers, MD, MA
Wesley Eichorn, DO
Ronen Elefant, MD
Kjetil Elvevold, MSc, PhD
Hans Erdbrink, MD
Birte Ernestus-Holtkamp, DO
Yuriy Estrin , MD
William Fanning, MD
Mara Felder, DO
Ryan Felix, DO
John Ferrera, PhD
Katherine Fierlbeck, PhD
Professor and Chair, Department of Political Science, Dalhousie University
Ivan Figueroa, MD
Olga Filipova, MD
Candice Fitinur, MD
Chris Fitzgerald, MD
Crystal Flaman, DO
Edward Fogarty, MD
Sylvia Fogel
Psychiatrist, Mass General Brigham
Instructor, Harvard Medical School
Charles Forsyth, MD, MBBS, FFHom
Konstantinos Fountzoulas, MD, MSC, FEBOT, FRCS
Cathy Fournier, PhD
Lauren Fox , MD

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

additonal plaintiffs:

Katy French, MD
Michael Friel, MD
Edgar Fronch, MD, PhD
Karla Furlong, MD
Lynn Fynn, MD
Monica Gadidov, MD
Steven Galkin, DO
Carrie Ganek, MD
Martina Garda, PhD
Hugh Garse, MD
Carol Garza , PhD
Brad Geck, PhD
Esther Geradeau, MD
Richard Gerhauser, MD, MPH, MS, FACPM
Sadaf Gilani, MD
Jason Gilde, MD
George Gillson, MD, PhD
Mark Ginkel, MD, FACC
Alina Ginzburg, MD
Ronald Glas, MD
Gregory Glatz, DO
Marcos Gobbo, MD
Jay Godchaux, MD
Jules Gomes, PhD (Cantab)
Nathan Goodyear, MD
Peter C. Gøtzsche, Professor, DrMedSci, MD, MSc
Director, Institute for Scientific Freedom, Copenhagen, Denmark
Jazmin Graff, MD
Janice E. Graham, PhD, FRSC, FCAHS
Division of Infectious Diseases, University research Professor, Dalhousie University
Till Grave, MD, DO, PhD
Wiebke Greggersen, MD
Barney Gregson, MD
Aaron Grierson, PhD
Arthur Grinstead, MD
Gert Grobler, MD, MBChB
Holly Groh, MD
Ann Grootegoed, DO
Matthew Grunkemeyer, MD
Fco Javier Guerrero, MD
Josh Guetzkow , PhD
Ernesto Gutierrez, MD
Bassam Haddad, MD
Joe Hagrate, MD, PhD
Tina Hahn, MD
Jack Hakoun, MD Dip. Sport Med (CASM)
Ondrej Halgas, PhD
Biomedical Researcher, University of Toronto
Anthony Hall, PhD
Mary Hall, MD
Noelle Hance, MD
Claus Hancke, MD, FACAM
Sean Hamilton, MD
Scott Hankinson, MD
April Harding, PhD
Leigh Hart, MD
Mary Hauser, PhD
John Hauser, PhD
Richard Haycock, PhD
Nan Hayworth, MD
David Healy, MD, FRCPsych
Professor of Psychiatry, McMaster University, Ontario, Canada
Marty Hearyman, MD
Kris Held, MD
Abigail Hemken, MD
Lee Henderson, MD, FCAP
Carl Heneghan, DPhil
Alexandra Henrion Caude, PhD
Pacho Hermano, Bapharm, MD
Helma Hesse, MSc, MD, PhD
Lowry Hickenbott, MD, PhD
Thomas Hiekmann, MD
James Hill, MD, JD
Peter Himmel, MD
Tony Hinton, MD, MB, ChB, FRCS
Timothy Hipskind, MD
Martin Hirte, MD
Ernest Hoeckel, MD
Susan Hoffman, MD
Paul Hollier, MD
John Holloway, DO
Irwin Horwitz, PhD
Mohamed Habib Houman, MD
Jennifer Howard Smith, PhD
Dugler Howitzer, MD
April Hurley, MD
Mohd Izwan Hussin, MD
Matthew Imfeld, MD
Stella Immanuel, MD
Ivan Iroarte, MD, MS
Gus Jakobs, MD, PhD, MBA
Steve Jalsevac, MD
Mollie James, DO
Irene James, MD, PhD
Jackson Jameson, MD
Shibrah Jamil, MD
Michelle Janse van Rensburg, PhD
Robert Jantz, MD
Kokot Jebavý, PhD
Hugh Jedik, MD, PhD
Tom Jefferson, MD MRCGP FFPHM
Senior Associate Tutor, University of Oxford
Connie Jimenez, PhD
Surirose Johnson, MD
Thomas Johnstone, PhD
Sanja Jovanovic, MSc, MD
Vinay Julapalli, MD, FACC
Thomas Kachel, MD
Jan Kapusnak, DO
James Kayni, PhD
Lisa Keep, MD, MPH
Ulrich Keil, MD, PhD, FRCP
Professor Emeritus, University of Muenster, Muenster, Germany
Mark Kellen, MD
Lisa Kellogg, DO
Heather Kennedy, MD
Michael Kent, MD
Elton Kerr, MD, FRSM
Mark Key, MD
Aaron Kheriaty, MD
Professor of Psychiatry, UCI School of Medicine
Director, Medical Ethics Program, UCI Health
Eugene Killeavy, MD, FACC
Sun Kim, MD
Hyeksoo Kim, MD
Joe King, PhD
James Kirkbride, MD, PhD
Donna Klay, MD
Mikhail Konev, PhD
Sue Konutz, MD
Jacqueline Koski, DO, MPH
Epameinondas Kostopoulos, MD, PhD
Lawrence Kovac, DO, DVM
Daniel Kraft, MD, MPH
Barry Krakow, MD
Festus Krebs III, MD
Linda Krishna, MD
Karmela Krleza-Jeric, MD, PhD
Joseph A. Ladapo, MD, PhD
Associate Professor of Medicine, Division of General Internal Medicine and Health Services Research, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA
Merrill LaLonde, DO
James LaMotte , PhD, OD
Paula Landgraf, MD
Stephen Latham, PhD
Dean, Professor and Socio-Ecological Resilience Specialist, School of Ecological Mission, Missional University
Steven LaTulippe, MD
Tess Lawrie, MBBCh, PhD
CEO of The Evidence-Based Medicine Consultancy Ltd and EbMCsquared CiC
Tsvetelina Lazarova, PhD
N. Christine Le, MD
Irith Lebovich, MD
Justin Lee
Associate Editor, Arc Digital
Patricia Lee , MD
Lionel Lee, DO
Paul Lee, MD
Associate Professor of Ophthalmology, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
Victor Leiserson, PhD
Laurel R Lemasters, MD
Trudo Lemmens, PhD
Scholl Chair in Health Law and Policy, University of Toronto
Ben Leo, MD
Donald W. Light, PhD
Professor of Comparative Health Policy and Psychiatry, Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine, Glassboro, New Jersey, U.S.A.
Katarina Lindley, DO, FACOFP
Janci Lindsay, PhD
Director Toxicology and Molecular Biology, Toxicology Support Services, LLC.
Glenn Lipton, MD
John Lock, MD
Ethan Loeb, MD, MPH&TM
George Lohmann, MD, FACS, FAANS
Theresa Long, MD, MPH, FS
Vanya Loroch, PhD
Steven Lucking, MD
Adam Lund, PhD
Laura Lupini, PhD
Celina Lyons, MD
Celso M. Santos, MD, MPA, MPH
Belle Mac, PhD
Agnes MacDonald, PhD
Douglas Mackenzie, MD, FACS
Denise Mackler, MD
Jeffrey Maher, MD
Mersiha Mahmić-Kaknjo, MD, PhD
Miltiades Makridis, BA, MSc, PhD
Dennis Malandro, PhD
Jimmy Malaver, MD
Thomas Maler, PhD
John Malkiewitz, MD
Aggelos Margetis, MD
Gia Marotta, MD
Richard Marschall, PhD
Robert Marsh, DO
Leisha Martin, PhD
Mignonne Mary, MD
Sandra Massry, MD, IBCLC
Edward Matalka, PhD
Amanda Mayeaux, PhD
Alicia Mcauliffe-fogarty, PhD
Tami Meraglia, MD
Meredith McBride, MD
Debra McCollam, PhD
Peter McCullough, MD, MPH, FACP, FACC, FCCP, FAHA, FNKF, FNLA, FCRSA
David McGrath, MD
Kevin Sidney McGuinness, MD, SMD, PhD
Athena McLean, PhD
Professor Emerita, Medical Anthropology, Central MI University
Kendra McMullin, PhD, PharmD
Nathi Mdladla, MD
Bonnie Mallard
Professor of Immunogenetics, University of Guelph
Paul Medhurst, PhD, NPP
Maarten Meerdonk, PhD
Rantje Meierkord, MD
Christoph Melcher, PhD
Babak Memari, PhD
Alberto Mendez, MD
Brooks Mick, MD
Kimberly Milhoan, MD, FASA
Ana Mihalcea, MD,PhD
Margaret Millar, MD
David Miller, MD
David Menkes
Associate Professor, University of Auckland
Barbara Mintzes, BA, MSc, PhD
Associate Professor, School of Pharmacy, The University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
James Solomon Mith, MD
Igor Moji, MD
Elizama Montalvo, MD
Richard Moore II, DO
Leslie Moore, MD
Perwin Morisawa, MD
Jeffrey Morris, PhD
Associate Professor of Biology, University of Alabama at Birmingham
David Morris, MD, MRCP(UK), DipSIM
Richard Moskowitz, MD
Vasili Mousafiris, MD
Hu Mungous, PhD
Marketa Muzikiva, PhD
Lana Myers, DO
Meryl Nass MD
Yasser Nassef, MD, PhD
Gil Nata, PhD
Eileen Natuzzi, MD, MPH
Tatiana Neves, DO
Sandy Ng, PhD
Rachel Nicoll, PhD
Tania Nordli, MD, CCFP, FCFP dip ABAM
Assistant Clinical Professor Dept of Family Medicine University of Alberta
Julian Northey, PhD
Adjunct Professor, Ontario Tech University
Lisa Odabashian, DO
Deanna Ohms, DO
Aihesha Oldham, MD
Emma Oliva, PhD
Nancy Olivieri, MD, MA, FRCPC
Professor, Pediatrics & Medicine, University Health Network
Senior Scientist, Toronto General Hospital Research Institute (TGHRI)
Cancer Clinical Research Unit (CCRU), Princess Margaret Cancer Centre
Vincent Onyekwelu, MD, MWACP (Lab.Med), FMCPath
Hanna Ormanczyk, PhD
Scott Orr, MD
Jose Ortiz, MD
Yoshihiro Ota, PhD
Tim Paape, PhD
Ion Păcate, MD
Janusz Pachucki, MD, PhD
Jill Padawer, PhD
Ray Page, DO, PhD, FACOI, FASCO
Michael Palmer, MD
Joseph Palmeri, MD
Davit Palyan, MD
Nehal Parikh, DO
Robert Park, MD
Sunyoung Park, MD, PhD
Peter Parry , MD, PhD
Associate Professor, Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, University of Queensland; Visiting Senior Lecturer, Flinders University
Arunkumar Patel MD, MPH, MRCPH (UK)
Christopher Pawlak, PhD
Kurt Pelda, PhD
Pulse Peaton, MD, KMPH
Matthew Pendleton, PhD
Amy Penn, MD
Sandor Peresztegi, PhD
Michelle Perro, MD
Gayln Perry, MD
Sue Peters, PhD
Robert Pfalzgraf, MD
Christian Pfeffer, MD
George Phillips, MD, PhD
Tonya Phillips, MD
Mark Piker, MD
Dimitri Plikas, DO
Richard Plumb, MD
Lukasz Porosa, PhD
Brandon Porter, MD, PhD
Paulo Porto de Melo, MD
Scholar in Surgical Leadership, Harvard Medical School
Gene Posca, MD
Stephanus Potgieter, MD
Jennifer Powell, MD
Ellen Pratt, MD
Sally Priester, MD
Brian Procter, MD
Karl Prodinger, PhD
Joseph Pullara, MD
Elia Quesada, PhD
Germàn Quintana, PhD, DVM
Jorge Rabal, MD
Ryan Radakovich, DO
Assistant Professor, Florida State School of Medicine
Andrew Rallis, PhD
Simone Teixeira da Ramos, MD
Robert Ross, MD
Allyson M Pollock, MBChB, FRCPH, FRCP (Ed) FRCGP
Clinical Professor of Public Health, Institute of Health and Society, Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Denis Rancourt, PhD
Retired former tenured Professor of Physics (University of Ottawa)
Researcher, Ontario Civil Liberties Association
Hugh Recshun, MD, PhD
Busha Reda, PhD
William Redwood, MD
Lori Reitman, MD
Brent Reschke, PhD
Harvey Risch, MD, PhD
Professor of Epidemiology, Yale School of Public Health
Andreas J. Risch, DO, MSc
Catherine Riva
Co-President, Re-Check, Investigating and Mapping Health Affairs
Juan Rolando, PhD
Sven Román, MD
Mark Romzek, DO
Thomas Roosth, MD
Sophia Rossouw, PhD
Joseph Rostinsky, PhD
Professor Emeritus Tokai University, Tokyo, Japan
Halley Rycenga, PhD
Elie Saber, MD, FACP, FASN
Evan Sacks, MD
Sumedha Sahni, MD
Luis Carlos Saiz, PhD
Tamami Sakamoto, MD
Howard Sakima, MD
Theresa Salvino, MD
Katherine Sankey, MD
Ricco Santos, MD
Gabriel Scheer, MD
Søren Schifter, MD, DMSc
Klaus Schustereder, MD
Stefano Scoglio, PhD
Lisbeth Selby, MD
Carolyn Serrano, PhD
Adi Setia, PhD
Russ Sexton Jr., DO
Sherri Seyfried, PhD
Rajesh Shah, MD
Ali Shames-Dawson, PhD
Mary Sharpe, PhD, RM
Pamela Shervanick, DO
John Silva, MD
Mike Simon, PhD
Marilyn Singleton, MD
Jolanta Sliwowska, MD
Aneta Šmídová, PhD
Dionysios Solomos, MD
Roman Andrzej Śniady, PhD
Angela Spelsberg, MD, SM
Comprehensive Cancer Center Aachen, Aachen, Germany
Donavan Spencer, MD
Dwight Spencer, PhD
Michael St. Peter, MD
Björn ST Wiklund, MD
Peter Ian Staker, MD
Matthew Steehler, MD
Daniel Steele, DO, MPH
Todd Stewart, MD
Brent Stewart, PhD
Professor Emeritus, Radiology, University of Washington School of Medicine
Samuel Straface, PhD
Charalambos Strongylos, MD
Bin Su, PhD
Keith Suarez, MD
Michio Suda, PhD
Srividya Sundaresan, PhD
John Taita, DO
Oscar Tamez, MD
Lorena Taricani, PhD
Maria Tartak, MD
Lem Taylor, PhD
Cynthia Taylor, MD
Robin Temple, DO
Selvi Thirumurthi, MD, MS, FASGE, FACG
John Thomas, MD
Keisha Thomas, PhD
Scott Thompson, PhD
Adiel Tel-Oren, MD, DC, DACBN, CCN, DABFM
Serena Tinari
Co-President, Re-Check, Investigating and Mapping Health Affairs
S Ting, MB BCh, MRCP, PhD
Raquel Tobes, PhD
John Torrent, MD
Andres, Torres, PhD
Michael Trophy, DO
Erick H. Turner, MD
Associate Professor, Oregon Health & Science University
Nicholas Tyner, MD
Brian Tyson, MD
Catherine Upton, MD
Richard Urso, MD
Jill Valerius, MD
Jan Van Herzeele, DO
Maarten Van Zadelhoff, MD
Andrew VanHouten, MD
Anthony Vander Horst, PhD
Joseph Varon, MD, FACP, FCCP, FCCM, FRSM
DeAnna Vaughn, MD
Hector Vega, PhD
Robert Verkerk, PhD
Alliance for Natural Health International
Rosalina Valcàrcel, MD, MPH
Frank Valentin, MD
Patrick Verta, MD, DVM, MS Stat
Richard Vest, MD, FACC, FHRS
Cardologist/Electrophysiologist
Julian Vigo, PhD
Martha Villalba, MD
Osvaldo Villarreal, MD
Francesca Visalli Saliti, MD
James Vivian, PhD
Michal Volos, MD
Gabe Vorobiof, MD FACC FASE
Director, Adult Non-Invasive Cardiology Laboratories, UCLA Cardiovascular Center
Associate Clinical Professor of Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA
James Wallwork, PhD
Lee Wanggeun, PhD
Eric Wargotz, MD
William H Warrick III, MD
Linda Wastila, BSPharm, MSPH, PhD
Professor, Pharmaceutical Health Services Research, University of Maryland School of Pharmacy
Jonathan Warman, MD
John Warosa, MD
Angela Watson, MD
Zachary Watson, PhD
Craig Wax, DO
Rae Weber, DO
Chris Wendell, MD
Nancy Weres, MD
Kelly Wheeler, PhD, MPH, CHES
David White, MD, MB, BCh, BaO, MSc, DipSEM, FFSEM
Dr Neil Whitehouse, PhD
Julia Wilkens, FRCOG, MD
Lola Wilson, MD
David Wiseman, PhD
Karsten Wolff, MD
Thomas Wood, DO
Edward Wouters, PhD
Keith Wright, MD
Colleen Wright, MD
Xuhua Xia, PhD, Professor, University of Ottawa
Tom Yarema, MD
Jan Youssef, MD
Andrew Zak, MD
Vladimir Zelenko, MD
Claire Zengerle, DO
Xuemei Zhong, PhD
Mandy Zimmerli, PhD

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Steers :twatson: man wrote ↑
But some other sources give some suggestion that the population in which those 160,000 "adverse reactions" occurred was substantial:
As with the initial agreement, the U.S. government will allocate doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine to 92 low- and lower-middle-income countries as defined by Gavi’s COVAX Advanced Market Commitment (AMC) and the 55 member states of the African Union. Deliveries of the initial 500 million doses began in August 2021, and the total 1 billion doses under the expanded agreement are expected to be delivered by the end of September 2022.

ABSOLUTE DRIVEL!

WHAT THE FUCK DOES A BILLION HYPOTHETICAL DOSES IN AFRICA IN AUG 2021 thru SEPT 2022...

HAVE TO DO WITH PFIZER'S DATASET

FROM DEC 2020 thru FEB 2021???
Answer: Nothing! Steersman is full of shit.

The Pfizer data was a confidential internal report, which Pfizer sought to conceal from public release. When pressed-- Pfizer attempted to withhold the data until the year 2076. Only a FOIA lawsuit & a court order-- has freed SOME of the 10's of Thousands of Pages. Even after the court order-- Pfizer attempted to release the data at a rate of only 100 pages per week. Fortunately-- the judge overruled that!

The ONLY reason you do not have a denominator to compare the Adverse Events and Deaths to... is that Pfizer concealed the total number of doses in a footnote... OUTSIDE the pages they (unwillingly) released.

What we do know is-- the Pfizer internal report compiles the Adverse Events and Deaths data complied by the company-- during the period of December 1, 2020 thru February 28, 2021.

That's 12 calendar weeks. But, actually, only 11 weeks... because the actual needles-in-arms U.S. public rollout of the Pfizer vax began on December 7. Or, in the E.U., 9 weeks... because Pfizer did not receive approval & release... until Dec. 28 (with Spain & Italy as the first recipients.)

After one month...as-of January 7, 2021... the CDC reported that a total of 5.9 Million doses of Pfizer AND MODERNA had been injected into actual arms in the US. (Of those-- 603,313 Moderna & Pfizer shots were administered in long-term care facilities.)
{This slow start is a scandal in itself-- as there is some evidence that the roll-out was INTENTIONALLY slowed... to deny Trump credit for the vax.}

CDC did not break down those totals by product... so we don't know how-many were Pfizer/ how-many Moderna... until we do the math ourselves:

FROM DEC 1 2020 TO FEB 28 2021-- THE CDC reported a total of 87,512,943 MODERNA and PFizer doses had been injected in the US.
https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracke ... ion-trends

DIVIDE THAT between Pfizer & Moderna. (At that time, APPROX. 53% of the jabs-given were Pfizer)
(J&J did not launch until March 5.)

so... about 46.4 Million Pfizer Jabs were given.

BUT

a WHOPPING 39.25 Million of those were FIRST DOSES ONLY, injected into people who had-not-yet (or would-not-ever) get their 2nd shot.

Which means, a remaining: 7,741,958 shots were served as 1st-plus-2nd-doses....

so only 3,870,979 Americans were double-shot fully-vaxed with Pfizer... before 2/28/2021.

So we're lookin' at about 43.1 Million Americans and ??? Other-nationalities...

divvy-ing up these Adverse Effects And Deaths:

1,223 deaths
51,000 general disorders
26,000 nervous system disorders
17,000 musculoskeletal & connective tissue disorders
14,000 gastrointestinal disorders
8,500 skin & subcutaneous tissue disorders
8,800 respiratory, thoracic & mediastinal disorders
4,600 infections and infestations
5,600 injuries, poisonings, procedural complications. (and 3,693 additional investigations)
Cardiovascular incidents Of Special Interest: 3.3% of dataset/ 1,400
Additional events of special interest: 9 PAGES OF DENSE TEXT... name-after-name of syndromes & medical conditions.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Service Dog wrote:
Steersman wrote: You - or John D or his good buddy Dr. John Campbell - have any idea
To be clear... John D. merely posted the link the link to the video. I merely posted my brief notes on the video. And Dr. John Campbell merely summarized the report by the Plaintiffs who obtained the Pfizer Documents via court order.

The plaintiffs are:

PFIZER'S DOCUMENTS
<snippety doh dah>
So fucking what? Where's the smoking gun in that Campbell video? So Pfizer was dragging their heels and now they released the data - big deal, looks little more than a tempest in a teapot, particularly absent that smoking gun.

As I said earlier:
You - or John D or his good buddy Dr. John Campbell - have any idea how [the absolute risk of "adverse events"] might compare with those other vaccines?
Where's the evidence that Pfizer's vaccine does not have, as they put it, "a favourable benefit:risk balance"?
Review of the available data for this cumulative PM experience, confirms a favorable benefit: risk balance for BNT162b2.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Steersman wrote: Some evidence to suggest that the "group" in question of the "absolute risk" of the "adverse effects" that were the subject of Campbell's video may well have been tens of millions to hundreds of millions:
No such evidence exists. You're an idiot an a liar.
Steersman wrote: The European Medicines Agency (EMA) regularly reviews the data on the vaccine's safety. The safety report published on 8 September 2021, by the EMA was based on over 392 million doses administered in the European Union.
The Pfizer internal report on Adverse Events and Deaths covers ONLY the first 9 weeks that the Pfizer vax was available in the EU, per the EMA.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Service Dog wrote:
Steers :twatson: man wrote ↑

ABSOLUTE DRIVEL!

WHAT THE FUCK DOES A BILLION HYPOTHETICAL DOSES IN AFRICA IN AUG 2021 thru SEPT 2022...

HAVE TO DO WITH PFIZER'S DATASET

FROM DEC 2020 thru FEB 2021??? Answer: Nothing! Steersman is full of shit.

The Pfizer data was a confidential internal report, which Pfizer sought to conceal from public release. When pressed-- Pfizer attempted to withhold the data until the year 2076. Only a FOIA lawsuit & a court order-- has freed SOME of the 10's of Thousands of Pages. Even after the court order-- Pfizer attempted to release the data at a rate of only 100 pages per week. Fortunately-- the judge overruled that!

The ONLY reason you do not have a denominator to compare the Adverse Events and Deaths to... is that Pfizer concealed the total number of doses in a footnote... OUTSIDE the pages they (unwillingly) released.

What we do know is-- the Pfizer internal report compiles the Adverse Events and Deaths data complied by the company-- during the period of December 1, 2020 thru February 28, 2021.

<snip>

So we're lookin' at about 43.1 Million Americans and ??? Other-nationalities...

divvy-ing up these Adverse Effects And Deaths:

<snip>
Found a new box of crayons? :roll:

Clever enough to check out the CDC site for the number of vaccinations in the US over Pfizer's supposed reporting interval. I had been searching with Google for those numbers though couldn't find much more than what I'd posted above.

But you might note a few things from that document of theirs:
Cumulatively, through 28 February 2021, there was a total of 42,086 case reports (25,379 medically confirmed and 16,707 non-medically confirmed) containing 158,893 events. Most cases (34,762) were received from United States (13,739), United Kingdom (13,404) Italy (2,578), Germany (1913), France (1506), Portugal (866) and Spain (756); the remaining 7,324 were distributed among 56 other countries.
Some 42,000 cases, about only a third of which (13,000) came from the US. So maybe some 120 million people in the reporting group.

Still don't see much if anything that justifies getting your knickers in a twist - unless you enjoy that.

The incidence of whatever "adverse effects" are discussed really doesn't seem terribly different from similar effects with other vaccines. Where's your evidence - where's Campbell's and John D's - to the contrary?

In addition, if you'd actually try getting your thumbs off the scales and your head out of your arse and actually look at the data, read the fucking manual, then you'd see that many of the supposed "adverse effects" are pretty minor indeed - no different from many if not most vaccines. For instance, Table 2 pages 8 and 9, include "nausea", "fever", "chills", "headache", "cough" and the like. Big fucking deal.

And even in the later sections - "3.1.3. Review of Adverse Events of Special Interest (AESIs)"; presumably or apparently the events that are a bit more serious - they frequently conclude with:
Conclusion: This cumulative case review does not raise new safety issues. Surveillance will continue.
Where's your evidence - where's John D's & Campbell's evidence - that that is incorrect or unjustified? I'll wait ... :roll:

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

fuck it. let's just throw-around irrelevant numbers & pretend they have anything to do with the documents in question.

Pfizer and BioNTech to Supply the European Union With up to 1.8 Billion Additional Doses of COMIRNATY®
through 2023 Pfizer and BioNTech have now committed a total of up to 2.4 billion doses of COMIRNATY® to the EC
https://www.pfizer.com/news/press-relea ... 18-billion

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Steersman wrote: Some 42,000 cases, about only a third of which (13,000) came from the US. So maybe some 120 million people in the reporting group.
120 Million? You're just MAKING UP NUMBERS BASED ON NOTHING. This is no different that when you said "a billion".

Shove this up your ass, loser:
Steersman wrote: What seems to have been "lost" - if it was ever present to begin with - is a general ability to read and comprehend the facts, to not react with bogus rumours, conspiracy "theories", and misinformation campaigns.

Keating

Post by Keating »

When did we start using the word "jab" to refer to a vaccination? I fucking hate this word. It's gone completely global too.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Brive1987 wrote: I'm beginning to think that very few people understand relative vs absolute risk.

Then add this effect:

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10.117 ... 5917747646

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

John D

Post by John D »

Aye yai yai Steers. I am tempted to ignore you... but I will write a bit here. This post will clarify my thinking to you... and to others here.

Note - you are chronically straw manning me. It is boring and I am temped to just skip this post.... but... for the sake of others I will clarify.

1) It is wrong... indeed evil for a drug company to hold back data on their drugs. You seem to think this is just a trivial thing. I disagree with you.

2) Many millions of people made the right choice and got the jab. I got the jab... three time. This was the right choice for me because of my age and my wife's medical issues. The risk of side effects is lower than the risk of significant illness from the Coof... for me.

3) The jab has significant side effects. This means that young healthy people, and people that have survived the Coof should not get the jab.

4) I call it "the jab" for several reasons. Jab is a short word that is easy to say and easy to write. It also has a bit of a comic sound to it. The jab is not a vaccine... at best it should be called an inoculation. But who uses the word inoculation? A vaccine is a shot with some de-activate virus in it to build immunity. The jab in an mRNA injection. It is wrong to call it a vaccine. Health officials call it a vaccine because they are trying to make the jab less concerning to the public... but they are lying and changing the definition.

@Steers - This is your chance to be an honest person. This is your chance to comment on my position with some generosity in interpreting my intent. Will you rise to this challenge? Can you engage without straw manning me?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Keating wrote: When did we start using the word "jab" to refer to a vaccination? I fucking hate this word. It's gone completely global too.
It began as an affectionate nickname used by the Branch Covidians for their most holy rite. "Fauci Ouchie" was another.

Then those not in the cult began using it to distinguish from an actual vaccine that functioned like a vaccine and was effective like a vaccine and with the minimal side effects of a properly tested vaccine.

Sorry for the incidental annoyance.