Steerzing in a New Direction...

Old subthreads
Matt Cavanaugh

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

free thoughtpolice wrote: You see, normal people think wearing masks during a time when there is a dangerous pandemic raging is inconvenient while libertards think it is the deep state stealing their freedumbs.
See if you can spot where masks worked:
https://www.covidchartsquiz.com/masks

Rational adults don't go along with patently idiotic theatre.

Oh, and they call masks face diapers because all the shit and piss that comes out of there faceholes.
No, it's because only emotional infants, incapable of wiping their own asses without the government telling them how and providing the wetnaps & talcum powder, and wracked by fears of the invisible boogy bug, wear them.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Your source must be solid because they aren't affiliated to the CDC. Of course it would be a waste of my time to post accredited studies that show the opposite of what your post claims, because you will just argue your source good, my source bad.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

So yeah my surgery was scheduled for a few days before election day, and with all the possible violence in Little Rock and covid nannies wanting to shut hospitals so that the emergency rooms would be empty for their supposed Mass influx of sick people, I was really afraid that my surgery was going to get put off because of the covid craziness, because nobody cared about us old sick people anymore in the name of covid control. F****** liberals would have encouraged all the protests burning down Little Rock downtown where my hospital was, and the very thought of calling up a national guard would be treated as Nazi Hitler Trump. F****** liberals hate old people in their hate problems don't give a s***. Just stick a few old sick ones in the retirement home so that more of them die right. Geez man don't tell me who cares about old people. I got triple vax cuz I'm a cancer survivor but really it's in her no good reason I guess because I didn't get chemo or radiation we just got the crap out first cut cuz I wanted to do it that way rather than risk another 2 years of boner fun and it might spread though. Also like I say my lady friend is older so yeah I'm triple vaxxed, but it still pisses me off that anybody's telling my friends what to do.

zou3gou3

Post by zou3gou3 »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Your source must be solid because they aren't affiliated to the CDC. Of course it would be a waste of my time to post accredited studies that show the opposite of what your post claims, because you will just argue your source good, my source bad.
Well obviously. You don't need to use tools like Google Scholar. If the facts you want aren't in some rag called The Federalist or TrueAmericanEaglePatriot Magazine they cannot be any good.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

zou3gou3 wrote: I forgot that the levels of incompetence and corruption in the USA approaches Russian levels.
Finally! You understand!

Our news media & medical establishment are corrupted by Big Pharma & the regulatory bureaucrats they've bribed! Zuckerberg buys elections. Gates hijacked the pandemic-response.

Joe Biden & his family of whores... took bribes from Ukraine, China, any anonymous player with a half-million to buy an ugly painting.

Before that-- Obama & Hillary Clinton outsourced our productive capability & demolished our borders.

It's like that JD Vance clip-- 20 posts back--- posted by free_thoughtpolice_SVU.

The US needs to get Our Own House In Order-- not save other-places from themselves & each-other!

I recently saw an anti-semitic meme:

The reason it's anti-semitic... is that Israel is far-from the only country which the text describes.

And the Israelis generally have the sense not to mouth-off about how they view the US as inferior.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

hmm... what's that Tucker link?

I clicked on the 'share' arrow on the Image Search page... with the JD Vance thumbnail. But it auto-copied that link instead.

Instead of this one. Oh well. That clip looks pretty funny.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

John D wrote: I am gonna start saying "Here they is." It is fucking fantastic. And multiple "they" people have to be called "theys"... So I will start saying "Here theys are." Haha.
Tuesday & Wednesday are Fang's 'weekend' from the doorman job.

So he spent Tuesday buying make-up & wigs & 'shaving the ape' (as he calls it).
Then he took a train Wednesday, to meet some other tranny in another town.

He called me before work today... and said his date went well.

He said, "You do all this work to look like a woman. And you enjoy dressing like a woman. But then it's over so fast, and..."

I interrupted and told him that his pronoun is not "you". It's "I". He is the one who dresses up like a woman, not me.

If he says "you"-- when talking to me-- then he's misgendering himself... since I'm not into dressing up like a tranny or fucking trannies.

He apologized... and then repeated his original point... saying "I do all this work to look like woman..." etc.

But, I interrupted him again. This time-- I said that he should NOT say it correctly. Because that's how an intelligent straight man talks.

Not a dumb guy in a dress.

we both thought that was pretty funny

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Visceral fat is a killer. RIP(ped) Warnie.

John D

Post by John D »

Service Dog wrote: hmm... what's that Tucker link?

I clicked on the 'share' arrow on the Image Search page... with the JD Vance thumbnail. But it auto-copied that link instead.

Instead of this one. Oh well. That clip looks pretty funny.

J D Vance's book (Hillbilly Elegy) is excellent. I read it about a year ago. After that I followed his videos a bit. A really good guy and I think he is very genuine. I hope he wins.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
It's like pin the tail on the donkey but with covid. You select a state's or country's graph of covid cases, and guess what date the mask mandate was enacted. Since, as you claim, masks reduce spread, it should be a piece of cake.

If you have any data from CDC or elsewhere showing a correlation between mask mandates and reduction in cases, by all means share it.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

zou3gou3 wrote: some rag called The Federalist
https://the-aha-society.com/images/P1000901.JPG

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Zoo goo can play along, too! Imagine what fun will it be to prove me wrong by showing precisely when mask mandates brought down cases!

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

Apropos of nothing except my recent rant above, but I grew up without gun culture and still don't do gun culture, but I always had friends who did and my parents had friends who did and I still have friends that do, and I've never minded that my neighbors had 'em, I guess I'm lucky to have lived a safe enough life that I've never seen one used in earnest.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

If America expects the respect it demands from the world, it had better earn it. And not get it’s arse kicked by Putin and Xi.

Someone here once told me to tug my forelock to Uncle Sam because no one else was going to defend Australia from China.

I wouldn’t bet an after tax cent that the States would do anything other than demand Apple deinvest from the East. 🤨

No one wants WW3. But no one (sensible) now thinks waiting for Sept 1939 was a sound strategy for the 1930s. Sometimes you don’t get a say in what circumstances are handed to you.

John D

Post by John D »

Kisin makes a lot of sense here.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Supreme Court reinstates the goatfucker Boston Marathon bomber's death sentence:

https://www.scotusblog.com/2022/03/in-6 ... on-bomber/

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Brive1987 wrote: No one wants WW3. But no one (sensible) now thinks waiting for Sept 1939 was a sound strategy for the 1930s. Sometimes you don’t get a say in what circumstances are handed to you.
There were lots of ways to have prevented this war (though I am convinced that Biden, Inc. badly wanted it.) There are still ways to end it. So far, though, all I hear is emo-driven hashtag diplomacy or calls to start shooting Sukhoi's out of the sky, nothing sane & level-headed in-between.

free thoughtpolice

Brive1987 wrote: If America expects the respect it demands from the world, it had better earn it. And not get it’s arse kicked by Putin and Xi.

Someone here once told me to tug my forelock to Uncle Sam because no one else was going to defend Australia from China.

I wouldn’t bet an after tax cent that the States would do anything other than demand Apple deinvest from the East. 🤨

No one wants WW3. But no one (sensible) now thinks waiting for Sept 1939 was a sound strategy for the 1930s. Sometimes you don’t get a say in what circumstances are handed to you.
I hope NATO and America is doing more than is stated. Fuck Russia.
And fuck China too.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Brive1987 wrote: Someone here once told me to tug my forelock to Uncle Sam because no one else was going to defend Australia from China.
Are you sure that your retelling matches the actual exchange?

I may be be thinking of a different conversation (heck, I may be thinking of a kiwi complaining about US influence in NZ)...
but... as I recall it... you were complaining about US influence in Australia. And someone suggested the Chinese Masters will be far worse.

If America expects the respect it demands from the world, it had better earn it. And not get it’s arse kicked by Putin and Xi
What do you mean by "get it's arse kicked" ? If the US does nothing-more than disable 'App Store' on Russian iPhones...

is that the US getting our arse kicked? (I'm really asking. I value your opinion. What does the US need to do... to Not 'Get It's Arse Kicked', by your measure?)

_______

If America Expects The Respect It Demands From The World.... maybe we should sit this one out...

until you learn to say 'Please' and 'Thank you'.

:hand: :snooty: :whistle:

John D

Post by John D »

This is one of the coolest things I have seen in a while. Watch to the end for the discussion of how this instrument was banned.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: If America expects the respect it demands from the world, it had better earn it. And not get it’s arse kicked by Putin and Xi.

And fuck China too.
Seem to recollect a recent CNN story about some $300 million military aid from US to Ukraine.

And Canada has apparently already sent several thousand anti-tank rockets to Ukraine.

Recent panel discussion on CBC had one panelist, Andrew Coyne, wonder whether that put Canada in position of being at war with Russia. Not a particularly tenable premise, given that that is fairly typical - US supplying the Taliban against Russia in Afghanistan, and Russia, if I'm not mistaken, later returning the favour.

But, more generally, while Russia has clearly crossed the Rubicon, USA's invasion of Iraq makes the latter's claims akin to the proverbial pot and kettle.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Service Dog wrote: whoops... I had more to add to that:

Bickering with the Putin-simps today... I was disheartened that they didn't-even defend their position with /pol manifestos.
They just called me 'faggot' & 'jew'.

I think their opinion has hardened-into an article-of-faith.

(Like the 'Trans Women Are Women!' crowd. ...it doesn't matter how cogent your dissent might be... they feel no-need to listen so-as-to craft an appropriate reply. Because they've got an automatic rebuttal for all-occasions: "TERF!" )
Define "woman".

If the definition is as a gender - any one of a myriad of personalities typical of adult human females (producers of ova), as Merriam Webster does - then any "trans woman" has as much claim to membership in that category as any one of our mothers had at one point.

If the definition is as a sex - adult human female (produces ova) - then of course they don't:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/gender

Those seem to be the only two choices available - which most people balk at deciding between. Which doesn't help matters in the slightest; too many trying to have their cake and eat it too.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: No one wants WW3. But no one (sensible) now thinks waiting for Sept 1939 was a sound strategy for the 1930s. Sometimes you don’t get a say in what circumstances are handed to you.
There were lots of ways to have prevented this war (though I am convinced that Biden, Inc. badly wanted it.) There are still ways to end it. So far, though, all I hear is emo-driven hashtag diplomacy or calls to start shooting Sukhoi's out of the sky, nothing sane & level-headed in-between.
Which is America’s best reason-based-approach? Does it require the dismemberment of Czechoslovakia into Herman and non German speaking lands? Again. I might be muddling detail here.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Brive1987 wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Which is America’s best reason-based-approach? Does it require the dismemberment of Czechoslovakia into Herman and non German speaking lands? Again. I might be muddling detail here.
Kind think the stakes are a bit higher. Not to mention that the legality of a no-fly zone is somewhat murkier.

Different kettles of fish.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Service Dog wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: Someone here once told me to tug my forelock to Uncle Sam because no one else was going to defend Australia from China.
Are you sure that your retelling matches the actual exchange?

I may be be thinking of a different conversation (heck, I may be thinking of a kiwi complaining about US influence in NZ)...
but... as I recall it... you were complaining about US influence in Australia. And someone suggested the Chinese Masters will be far worse.

If America expects the respect it demands from the world, it had better earn it. And not get it’s arse kicked by Putin and Xi
What do you mean by "get it's arse kicked" ? If the US does nothing-more than disable 'App Store' on Russian iPhones...

is that the US getting our arse kicked? (I'm really asking. I value your opinion. What does the US need to do... to Not 'Get It's Arse Kicked', by your measure?)

_______

If America Expects The Respect It Demands From The World.... maybe we should sit this one out...

until you learn to say 'Please' and 'Thank you'.

:hand: :snooty: :whistle:
No the context I referring to was me bagging out the use of ARs to offset small dick syndrome.

If Putin secures his ethnic and political goals at the West’s expense then China will do the exact same with Taiwan. And the American age will be over.

Maybe that’s your passive defeatist plan. 🤷‍♂️ I can’t believe you blew your wad on desert goat fuckers.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

OMG

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Steersman wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Kind think the stakes are a bit higher. Not to mention that the legality of a no-fly zone is somewhat murkier.

Different kettles of fish.
Sure. Kick that can down der Straße. Cool strategy.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Steersman wrote:

And fuck China too.
Seem to recollect a recent CNN story about some $300 million military aid from US to Ukraine.

And Canada has apparently already sent several thousand anti-tank rockets to Ukraine.

Recent panel discussion on CBC had one panelist, Andrew Coyne, wonder whether that put Canada in position of being at war with Russia. Not a particularly tenable premise, given that that is fairly typical - US supplying the Taliban against Russia in Afghanistan, and Russia, if I'm not mistaken, later returning the favour.

But, more generally, while Russia has clearly crossed the Rubicon, USA's invasion of Iraq makes the latter's claims akin to the proverbial pot and kettle.
$300m to successfully outsource continental defence? 😂

If only.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

gf's sister is fanatical about keeping her body weight low. She's a bit different from the anorexic who looks like Auschwitz & thinks, "I'm fat." She actually looks good in a bikini. (last time I saw, 3 years ago). She has long, lush hair (not hideously thinning like some women who starve themselves). But... keeping herself at 100 lbs. involves eating tiny portions, not eating, subsisting on alcohol & adderal & kratom & weed. Or Metamucil as a food-substitute. She's active... never stops talking, always in motion when she (part-time) bartends. She's been maintaining this routine for a quarter-century past her teenage years. Most of the time... the tolls seems confined to her sanity. She acts like a person in a walking drunk blackout. Or a sleep deprived person on adderal. She can't get a firm grip on what you say... or what she sees on tv... she's constantly generating a loopy misheard interpretation of reality. Her (part-time dayjob) employer is a wealthy celebrity, so she has incredible healthcare insurance. And last year her back bothered her & the doctor said her spine was like an 80 year old. She got a metal support contraption surgically installed. It weighs several pounds. Probably saved her from a wheelchair. She has been recovering for months. She'll never be able to have kids with that-thing inside her. (Tho... her lifestyle may have destroyed that option in other ways, too.) I don't know if it's the pain of recovery-- or life catching-up with her. But she's starting to look withered. On the other hand-- she got-off drugs for the surgery & recovery... and I was surprised that her mind was immediately sharp & normal.

The bar where she works is owned by a gruff aging white guy from Staten Island. He owns several. He's a no-nonsense person... and he's having trouble dealing with the ambient zeitgeist nonsense. LGBTQ2SIA+ employees... who covered his bar in rainbow flags for 'Pride Month'... then acted-like they were being oppressed when he didn't want to keep the gay stuff up permanently. A black bitch bartender & her cokehead black DJ... who migrated-over from the bar across the street (where Fang used to work. And they were trouble, over there.) They brought their black customers with-them & irritated the loyal regulars... with shitty LOUD music & ghetto attitude. And some chick threatened to 'me too' the owner for saying he hired-her because her looks attracted customers... but she had stopped trying to look good. On top of all that-- he couldn't navigate the Covid restrictions. "They can't SERIOUSLY require me to keep a log of the name, phone #, & temperature of every customer & employee... every time the arrive... and operate at 20% capacity... and make them wear masks... right?" The employees had to convince him the $1000-per-customer fines were real. The worst was when he lost employees because they decided to stay-home & collect Pandemic Unemployment... rather than work. "Ok... but when this is over... don't bother coming back here asking for your old job! Fuck off!"

And so it is... that he begged GF's sister to return to work. Despite her faults-- her grandparents fled Communist China to open restaurants in Taiwan & Japan. Her dad was a shady 1970's/1980's boomtime-japan wheeler-dealer... who built an 11 floor high-rise... 10 discos & bars... with the family in the penthouse on top. She doesn't have Iron Chef mastery of cooking that GF does... but she's a machine at inventory, keeping the place tidy, herding customers.

But she hasn't recovered-enough to drag the outdoor-dining chairs outside. Or carry a bucket of ice, or an armload of bottles. Or bend to fill the lowboy fridge under the bar. So, for the last few Fridays, she has drafted GF to come help open the place-- with that stuff. GF likes seeing her sister, chatting with the regulars, getting tipsy, trading booze for burgers with the restaurant next door, getting out of the house. Feeling young & alive again.

I drop by. Eat a burger. Have one beer. Enjoy the old feeling of strangers mingling in a bar. But it gets old for me, fast. Too many conversations about celebrity plastic surgery. Or some middle aged single woman describing her relationship with her mother. Or a drunk repeating themselves... or unable to finish a thought. Slurred words. In the case of GF... when she's got a few drinks in her... she tries to shout over the music & bar noise... in my ear.

I almost didn't go tonight. But a regular had arranged to buy a single pre-rolled joint from their 'guy'. And the guy wasn't gonna deliver a single joint. And the regular didn't want to go pick it up. So GF asked if I'd mind dropping-by the guy's place & fetching the joint... on my way over. I laughed & said, fuck it-- sure. I needed a little push-- to bother to go out.
The neighborhood is full of garish marijuana stores now. Possession and smoking-in-public are legal here now. Selling from stores isn't legal... but all these places are jumping the gun/ trying to grab market share/ knowing they won't be busted. I don't like smoking marijuana... and I don't like how it makes people smell & act. And I don't like these ugly weed stores. I'm a buzzkill.

Happy hour was ok. The best part was a young couple from Leeds, on their honeymoon. I joked that all the Yellow & Blue flags around-town... are for them. Which led to a flurry of words-about-soccer... and I was immediately out of my depth. Then gf's sister set-up a round of shots & the conversation changed to how expensive and shabby everything is. And where they can get a huge American breakfast.

I walked home & felt a sinking panic/depression/anxiety feeling. No mystery: I became habituated to being shunned from bars without a vax card/ banned from indoor dining/ accustomed to boarded-up storefronts/ & walking dead homeless. And out-of-the-habit of riding my bicycle around-town. My main routine is burning time-- following all the bad news online. I've become slightly agoraphobic about the real world-- anywhere beyond a few blocks from my bed. I've also become fat & not-much-exertion-- leaves me breathing-hard. All that is reversible... tho I'd probably need a goal to work-toward.

GF is home. She brought tacos.

Keating

Post by Keating »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Of course it would be a waste of my time to post accredited studies that show the opposite of what your post claims, because you will just argue your source good, my source bad.
WTF? As I wrote on the other page, unless something new has come out, there's still literally only 2 good studies on masks: The 2020 Danish one, which found masks aren't at least 50% effective, and the 2021 Bangladesh one, which found cloth masks were useless, and at most, surgical masks were around 8% effective in rural villages, and it isn't clear how much that translates to urban environments.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Brive1987 wrote: No the context I referring to was me bagging out the use of ARs to offset small dick syndrome.

If Putin secures his ethnic and political goals at the West’s expense then China will do the exact same with Taiwan. And the American age will be over.

Maybe that’s your passive defeatist plan. I can’t believe you blew your wad on desert goat fuckers.
Each of those sentiments conflicts with the others.

The private citizens/ who own ARs... are at-odds-with... the New World Order neocons/ who blew wads on desert goat fuckers.

And the AR owners aren't happy-about the American Age being sold to China, either.

The 'passive defeatist' plan isn't a lack gumption to oppose Xi & Putin. It's a realistic understanding... that the AR owners' willingness to fight will be captured & transformed into a business-plan benefitting-soley the Globalist/ManagerialClass... at our expense... all-over-again.

I don't see much hope of you making common cause with Americans... if you can't be bothered to sort-out which faction to loathe & which to support.

As it stands... the corrupt US managerial ruling class... already has-their-way-with Australia.

You complain-about the invasiveness of American notions about guns & American-style bill-of-rights. <--both those are tools of resistance against the Sellout-managerials.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

03/04/22

BIG TECH › VIEWS

‘Truly Frightening:’ Feds Give Tech Companies Until May 2 to ‘Turn Over COVID-19 Misinformation’

Two U.S. Senators this week introduced a bill that could criminalize First Amendment rights, while the U.S. Surgeon General formally demanded tech companies turn over data on organizations and individuals who post “COVID-19 misinformation” on social media platforms.

By
Meryl Nass, M.D.

Two news stories this week reveal how the federal government plans to treat COVID “misinformation” as a crime, and what role tech companies will play in rounding up the “criminal.”

This is truly frightening.

Two U.S. Senators this week introduced a bill to provide tech companies cover via legislation that could make it possible for Congress to “legalize” censorship and criminalize First Amendment rights to freedom of speech.

Here’s a press release describing the bill:

“U.S. Senators Ben Ray Luján (D-N.M.) and Chris Murphy (D-Conn.), both members of the U.S. Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions, on Wednesday introduced legislation to counter the threat that misinformation and disinformation pose to public health as evidenced by the widespread false narratives throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.

“The Promoting Public Health Information Act would support efforts across the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and with outside stakeholders to communicate effectively during a public health emergency and address health misinformation.”

Here is what Murphy had to say about the bill:

“Throughout this pandemic, the impact of misinformation has been devastating. Rumors and conspiracy theories about the efficacy of masking or the safety of vaccines still run rampant on social media and have caused thousands of deaths that could have been prevented.

“This legislation will help us get smart about how to tackle misinformation and effectively promote science-based health information, especially as we continue fighting COVID-19 and prepare for future public health emergencies.”

In other words, the feds are asking detailed information about the demographics “exposed to misinformation,” allowing them to determine who’s reading what, and to obtain their names.

Next, in the last paragraph of this New York Times article, “The surgeon general calls on Big Tech to turn over Covid-19 misinformation data,” we learn that the federal government wants citizens to start “sharing” information on “misinformation:”

“‘We’re asking anyone with relevant insights — from original research and data sets to personal stories that speak to the role of misinformation in public health — to share them with us,’ Dr. [Vivek] Murthy said.”

Isn’t that sweet?

This is how they dress up the Stasi in 21st-century euphemism to encourage ratting out your friends and neighbors: “Please share with the feds. They care what you think.”

Sure they do.

“President Biden’s surgeon general on Thursday formally requested major tech platforms submit information about the scale of COVID-19 misinformation on social networks, search engines, crowdsourced platforms, e-commerce platforms and instant messaging systems.

“The request for information from the surgeon general’s office demanded tech platforms send data and analysis on the prevalence of COVID-19 misinformation on their sites, starting with common examples of vaccine misinformation documented by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

“The notice asks the companies to submit ‘exactly how many users saw or may have been exposed to instances of COVID-19 misinformation,’ as well as aggregate data on demographics that may have been disproportionately exposed to, or affected by, the misinformation.
SOCIAL CREDIT “The surgeon general, Dr. Vivek Murthy, also demanded information from the platforms about the major sources of Covid-19 misinformation, including those that engaged in the sale of unproven Covid-19 products, services and treatments.

“‘Technology companies now have the opportunity to be open and transparent with the American people about the misinformation on their platforms,’” Murthy said in an emailed statement. He added: “‘This is about protecting the nation’s health.’”

“Companies have until May 2 to submit the data. Denying requests for information does not carry a penalty, but the notice is the first formal request from the Biden administration of the tech companies to submit COVID-19 misinformation data, according to the surgeon general’s office.

“Six months ago, Murthy used his first formal advisory to the U.S. to deliver a broadside against tech and social media companies, which he accused of not doing enough to stop the spread of dangerous health misinformation — especially about COVID-19. He called the misinformation “an urgent threat to public health.”

“The request for information is part of President Biden’s National COVID-⁠19 Preparedness Plan, which the White House detailed on Wednesday and which is a road map for a new stage of the pandemic where COVID-19 causes ‘minimal disruption,’ according to the White House.

“Biden first revealed details of the plan during his State of the Union address Tuesday night.

“In addition to demanding misinformation data from the tech platforms, the surgeon general called on healthcare providers and the public to submit information about how COVID-19 misinformation has negatively influenced patients and communities.

“‘We’re asking anyone with relevant insights from original research and data sets to personal stories that speak to the role of misinformation in public health — to share them with us,’” Murthy said.”

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

The EPA
The CDC
a bureaucratic eco-horror Dyatlov Pass...

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Service Dog wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: No the context I referring to was me bagging out the use of ARs to offset small dick syndrome.

Maybe that’s your passive defeatist plan. I can’t believe you blew your wad on desert goat fuckers.
Each of those sentiments conflicts with the others.

The private citizens/ who own ARs... are at-odds-with... the New World Order neocons/ who blew wads on desert goat fuckers.

And the AR owners aren't happy-about the American Age being sold to China, either.

The 'passive defeatist' plan isn't a lack gumption to oppose Xi & Putin. It's a realistic understanding... that the AR owners' willingness to fight will be captured & transformed into a business-plan benefitting-soley the Globalist/ManagerialClass... at our expense... all-over-again.

I don't see much hope of you making common cause with Americans... if you can't be bothered to sort-out which faction to loathe & which to support.

As it stands... the corrupt US managerial ruling class... already has-their-way-with Australia.

You complain-about the invasiveness of American notions about guns & American-style bill-of-rights. <--both those are tools of resistance against the Sellout-managerials.
You are mixing up my past comments about American internal culture with your geopolitical brand.

Let me be crystal. America, rightly or wrongly, had positioned itself as the military and ideological leader of free West. It’s kinda pissed at German and French notions to the contrary.

It’s conventionally armed and positioned in Europe (and around the globe) to express and defend this mantle.

It’s a big man when it comes to pushing around Third World countries that somehow run foul of the hegemony. Embarrassing that it’s Euro-focused forces are incapable of actually winning against Bedouins and Paddy farmers. But meh.

America has been sucking off Ukraine since 2014 and expanded NATO against all promises because you thought Russia was weak. You encouraged Ukraine to give up its nukes on the basis it’s borders were sacrosanct in the US Workd Order ™️

Now your bluff has been called. If a single Russian steps foot in Latvia you’re allegedly all in 😂. But drive armoured Divisions into Kiev and it’s someone else’s problem. “Thoughts and prayers”. Hide behind the letter of the law rather than the glorious American principles.

Basically I think your nation has been shown to be an incapable bully in the past and a coward in the present. God help the brave World Order.

Right now I’d say:

Ukraine is by its own choice an independent part of the Europe matrix - guaranteed by the West on principle if not by treaty against
aggression.

So. We say all that. And we say “You’re fucking murdering kids. This stops now”.

Put NATO SAM networks in place. Initiate drone warfare. See if Putin, when shoved, is as big a pussy as the West has been to date. If he’s not then it’s best we catch that now rather than later and on principle rather than in a weak Chamberlain-style reaction.

Or slink off and stop pouncing about like you’re something with a manifest destiny of greatness.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Oh. And while you are at it. Spare us the mucho every real American is an AR wielding principle driven Shane looking out for the homesteaders. And spare us the wet dream Hollywood crap.

Because it’s clearly delusional fantasy.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

"Nobody" wrote this clear & precise description of the vax shortcomings, back in 2020:
https://sanchakblog.wordpress.com/2020/ ... is-method/

She's utterly full of shit.

She's erasing how skeptical ALL THE TRUMP HATERS were-- about Trump's push for a Vaccine.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Brive1987 wrote: You are mixing up my past comments about American internal culture with your geopolitical brand.
You're the one who posted mismatched sentiments. I tried to sort it out for ya... and you just replied with 2 more mix-ups.

You don't like the 'geopolitical brand'. fine. I don't either.

Fortunately, our 'internal culture' contains a strong contingent who agree with me.

We're a minority against 'the Cathedral' of institutions. But we were strong-enough to derail Hillary's coronation.

And we're your best-bet ... for a USA more-to-your-liking to-emerge.

BUT

You insist on dismissing us as "delusional fantasy" and worse.

You warn that "the American Age will be over"... and then you deride 'Hollywood' 'manifest destiny'.

Make up your mind. You sound like a pain-in-the-ass damsel who complains that there are no Real Men to save her...

...who then complains when a guy shows up... because he brought his gun & his principles.

And then you bitch about some-other-guy you used to date.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Service Dog wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: You are mixing up my past comments about American internal culture with your geopolitical brand.
You're the one who posted mismatched sentiments. I tried to sort it out for ya... and you just replied with 2 more mix-ups.

You don't like the 'geopolitical brand'. fine. I don't either.

Fortunately, our 'internal culture' contains a strong contingent who agree with me.

We're a minority against 'the Cathedral' of institutions. But we were strong-enough to derail Hillary's coronation.

And we're your best-bet ... for a USA more-to-your-liking to-emerge.

BUT

You insist on dismissing us as "delusional fantasy" and worse.

You warn that "the American Age will be over"... and then you deride 'Hollywood' 'manifest destiny'.

Make up your mind. You sound like a pain-in-the-ass damsel who complains that there are no Real Men to save her...

...who then complains when a guy shows up... because he brought his gun & his principles.

And then you bitch about some-other-guy you used to date.
If you read back, you’ll see I couldn’t really give a rats arse about your internal culture in this discussion, it’s peripheral to the central point.

And that is that America has been exposed as a nation naked of principles, a hypercritical blow hard and sadly ineffective when it’s does decide to bully a third world country.

We’ve forgiven you those embarrassments because we always assumed you’d whip Russian ass in Europe if panzers headed West across liberal democracies.

A bit disappointing given all the past branding. But instructive.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

And fuck China too.
I’m hearing unsubstantiated reports that Mark Zuckerberg has threatened temporary and partial exclusion from the Metaverse. China and Russia have yet to respond.

Let’s hope there’s no escalation.

zou3gou3

Post by zou3gou3 »

Keating wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:17 pm
free thoughtpolice wrote: Of course it would be a waste of my time to post accredited studies that show the opposite of what your post claims, because you will just argue your source good, my source bad.
WTF? As I wrote on the other page, unless something new has come out, there's still literally only 2 good studies on masks: The 2020 Danish one, which found masks aren't at least 50% effective, and the 2021 Bangladesh one, which found cloth masks were useless, and at most, surgical masks were around 8% effective in rural villages, and it isn't clear how much that translates to urban environments.
Here are two pro–mask studies I found on Google Scholar.
https://www.science.org/doi/full/10.112 ... ce.abg6296
Face masks effectively limit the probability of SARS-CoV-2 transmission
https://www.degruyter.com/document/doi/ ... -0214/html
These data showed statistically significant lower averages of SARS-CoV-2 daily infection in counties that passed mask mandates when compared with counties that did not. The difference-in-difference analysis revealed a 16.9% reduction in predicted COVID-19 cases at the end of 30 days.
Disclaimer: statistics makes my eyes glaze over.

Keating

Post by Keating »

I was familiar with one of those. Neither are randomised control trials, like the Danish and Bangladesh studies. They are observational studies.

I've been through this mess before. I did a lot of work on trying to get an R18+ rating made available for video games in Australia 15 yeas ago. There, you had a similar problem of poor studies, and the endless shitfight between Ferguson and Anderson, arguing back and forth over shitty observational studies. I think they're still going at it.

As I said on the other page, I see the same problem in mask studies. I do not think masks are actually effective in preventing transmission, but they are effective in inducing behavioural change, and it is the behavioural change that causes the minor effect seen in randomised control studies.

One of the big tragedies of the last two years is that now one did any proper research on the matter and we're still no better informed then we were in 2020.

Keating

Post by Keating »

I mean, there's a reason there's a replication crisis and some areas have upwards of 70% of papers being unable to be reproduced. Psychology and medicine being some of worst fields.

zou3gou3

Post by zou3gou3 »

This just came up in my twitter feed

https://www.mpg.de/17916867/coronavirus ... protection

Keating

Post by Keating »

That's not even a link to a study, but a link to advertisement about a study, and almost certainly another observational study. In my post on page 83, I even posted a link to a 2015 randomised control study from 2015 showing N95 weren't significantly better than surgical masks: https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/f ... le/2749214

Different virus, sure, but observational studies don't beat randomised control studies. That's my point. There should have been thousands of randomised control studies over the last two years. It's a tragedy there weren't. At best we can say we still don't know, but the signal isn't very strong.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Russia passes law criminalizing the spread of "misinformation" about its military.

So glad no one would even conceive of such a thing here in the free world!

zou3gou3

Post by zou3gou3 »

showing N95 weren't significantly better than surgical masks
Agreed.
What the study doesn't do though is to compare masks, N95 or surgical, to not wearing a mask at all.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Keating wrote: WTF? As I wrote on the other page, unless something new has come out, there's still literally only 2 good studies on masks: The 2020 Danish one, which found masks aren't at least 50% effective, and the 2021 Bangladesh one, which found cloth masks were useless, and at most, surgical masks were around 8% effective in rural villages, and it isn't clear how much that translates to urban environments.
Those two were for Covid. There have been many more on infectious respiratory diseases, all with the same conclusion -- masks don't work:

https://swprs.org/face-masks-and-covid-the-evidence/

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Brive1987 wrote:
Is Russian trying to capture the entire Black Sea coast, to keep?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Keating wrote: There should have been thousands of randomised control studies over the last two years. It's a tragedy there weren't. At best we can say we still don't know, but the signal isn't very strong.
It wasn't a tragedy, it was intentional.

There was one huge, global study, however, complete with control groups. Results: Mask mandates, lockdowns did not reduce spread, hospitalizations, or deaths.

Compare ND (mask mandates) vs. SD (control, no restrictions whatsoever):

NDvSD.png
(25.26 KiB) Downloaded 59 times

zou3gou3

Post by zou3gou3 »

'Swiss Policy Research' sounds very respectable. Then you look at their website.

Bilderberg, Jews, paedophile networks: it's got it all.

American Empire.png
(544.16 KiB) Downloaded 60 times
Israel Lobby.png
(221.78 KiB) Downloaded 64 times
Pepe Silvia.jpg
(58.39 KiB) Downloaded 62 times

free thoughtpolice

Brive1987 wrote: Oh. And while you are at it. Spare us the mucho every real American is an AR wielding principle driven Shane looking out for the homesteaders. And spare us the wet dream Hollywood crap.

Because it’s clearly delusional fantasy.
So you don't think the only solution to a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun? You foolish aussies.

By the way that cool circle cock move near the end isn't at all gay.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Anyway, Shane with the crimson rambler was WAY more deadly than Shane with a gun.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Brive wrote: ↑
"If you read back, you’ll see I couldn’t really give a rats arse about your internal culture in this discussion, it’s peripheral to the central point."
Don't worry-- that message was loud & clear. I didn't miss that point. I was replying-to exactly-that.

And I'm tellin' ya... you sound like a mandatory workplace HR training lecture... Sensitivity Training...

The consultant says they're gonna review the history of sexism or racism in the work place... the myth of American equality & opportunity for all...
Brive wrote: ↑
"And that is that America has been exposed as a nation naked of principles, a hypercritical blow hard and sadly ineffective when it’s does decide to bully a third world country."
Ok, fine, Noam Chomsky... I get it. And I think you & I are on the same side. "Everybody" is against Racism, Sexism, and American Adventurism plunder/ cloaked in noble-sounding rhetoric. Dear USA: Either deliver the goods or fuck-off. Got it.

But Then...

..the woke consultant barks at the attendees in conference room. Or classroom.

Telling them their internalized-whiteness toxic masculinity unconscious bias is perpetrating rape culture, & their questions about the lecture are micro-aggressions.

Take my feedback or leave it. I think your central point is sabotaged by the "guns!" "small penis!" invective.

The latter makes it appear that your stated priority isn't the whole story.

(And, obviously, I'm not mistaking you for a woke isolationist dove.)

"Mein Führer... I can walk!"

(with George C. Scott as Buck Turgidson... aka Young Joe Biden)

free thoughtpolice

It turns out that the Russians have bombed one of Biden's villas and several American bioweapons labs in Ukraine according to Real Raw News which the deepstate has apparently taken off line.
I was able to verify the truthfulness of the report because libtard "fact checker" Snopes hs rated the story as false.
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/putin ... ned-villa/

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

zou3gou3 wrote:
'Swiss Policy Research' sounds very respectable. Then you look at their website.
You're as slow, plodding, and predicable as Russian battalion-level tactics. That page is a compilation of links to for real mask studies. Address those. 'Debunk' even one of those.

People like you are dangerous. In another day and age, you'd be praising the 'science' of skull measurements and racial purity.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Oh, and how'd you do on the quiz, m@skrboi?

John D

Post by John D »

March 5, 2020 - Birding report
Lake Saint Clair Metropark and Riverside marina area

The migrating sea ducks are on the move and they are all packed in along the shore where the ice is breaking up. A partial list below. I will list some common species just to note that they are already migrating.

Most notable bird - 2 Tundra Swans (it has been decades since I saw these... just once before. They migrate over the Great Lakes)

Others of interest: (quantities are estimates... haha)

2000 - Redhead ducks
100 - White-winged Scoter ducks
20 - Ring-necked ducks
20- Ruddy ducks
10 - Bufflehead ducks
100+ - Red-winged blackbirds
2 - Turkey Vultures
1- Broad-winged hawk
1 - Killdeer
20- Song sparrows
5 - Tree sparrows
1 - Swamp Sparrow

and countless others

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Brive1987 wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:58 pm
No the context I referring to was me bagging out the use of ARs to offset small dick syndrome.
ARs are popular for offsetting inability to handle "Dirty Harry" style handguns. They're the opposite of poser weapons, easy to hadle, relatively light and accurate, hence their popularity for home defence.