Steerzing in a New Direction...

Old subthreads
Brive1987

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

Post by Brive1987 »

The Russian military has likely recognized that its initial expectations that limited Russian attacks would cause the collapse of Ukrainian resistance have failed and is recalibrating accordingly. The Russian military is moving additional combat resources toward Ukraine and establishing more reliable and effective logistics arrangements to support what is likely a larger, harder, and more protracted conflict than it had originally prepared for. The tide of the war could change rapidly in Russia’s favor if the Russian military has correctly identified its failings and addresses them promptly, given the overwhelming advantage in net combat power Moscow that enjoys. Ukrainian morale and combat effectiveness remain extremely high, however, and Russian forces confront the challenge of likely intense urban warfare in the coming days.

Russian forces largely conducted an operational pause on February 26-27 but will likely resume offensive operations and begin using greater air and artillery support in the coming days. Russian airborne and special forces troops are engaged in urban warfare in northwestern Kyiv, but Russian mechanized forces are not yet in the capital. Russian forces conducted limited attacks on the direct approaches to Kyiv on both banks of the Dnipro River, but largely paused offensive operations in northeastern Ukraine. Russian forces likely paused to recalibrate their – to date largely unsuccessful – approach to offensive operations in northern Ukraine and deploy additional reinforcements and air assets to the front lines.

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

Za-zen wrote:
fafnir wrote:
Za-zen wrote: That's why the US would do everything in its power to sabotage it. The US empire is waning, it was a relatively short lived one. But a house divided and all that jazz.................. Let's look at recent history, the Afghans despite 20 years of military investment, equipped and trained bolted when the Talibs turned up on donkeys with AKs. The Ukrainians are piss poor, have been given relatively little aid and their fucking old people's homes are emptying with seniors asking for a rifle and directions towards the Soviet scum. They believe in the construct of Ukraine, afghans were only ever interested in the dollar and free goats to fuck.

Look at the US as it is, how long before there aren't enough people believing in the construct to willingly say i'm dying right here, right now for this. I don't know why the insanity that thinks this is the ad you should use to recruit future killers hasn't infected Europe, but thank fuck for it
Liberalism is the political philosophy of the merchants. The merchants want us to be the fat little consumers of Wall-E. The fat little consumers in Wall-E are not good for much beyond getting fat. This trend has been going for a long time. I was thinking of rewatching High Noon. It's like the West think the problem with the town is Gary Cooper.
Za-zen wrote: You are right about the legacy of WW2 castrating Europe, Europe needs to get over it's shit and take it place as the leader of the universe.
It's the founding myth of the past 80 years. We have been taught it in schools. It's connected to the reason for the EU, at least insofar as your average boomer understands it. There is a big pile of stuff in the corner of the room that we have all been leaned on very hard not to notice. It is something of the same delusion as the British left marching in the early 60s for unilateral British nuclear disarmament on the basis that it would be a moral example for the US and USSR to follow. The idea is that if we turn ourselves into sexless, castrated eunuchs who are incapable of defending ourselves, the rest of the world will as well. It's like a feminist fantasy where if only women were in power war wouldn't happen. It's the fucking Children's Crusade. It's like David Starkey said in a video on Ukraine, we act like we think everybody has the world view of a woke 16 year old school girl.
I've seen a bit of the world, including some places where society is equivalent to medieval Europe. Whilst anecdotal there is a common humanity where on the whole people will aid other people. Empathy is the basic building block of a value system, and is a strong trait in humanity. But the flip side of that coin exists too, and i've seen barbarity that is difficult to comprehend in its gratuitous nature.

It's the psychological paradox of how a Nazi camp gaurd could kiss his children while murdering other children. I personally can't wrap my head around it, i'm not more "moral" than anyone else, but i know that i could never be convinced to do it.
Look at the cruelty in the US and Canada in how political opposition is dealt with and their suffering is celebrated. Go back to early America and Quakers being burned for their religion. If we couldn't do this, it is only because we haven't had the appropriate build up to it.
Za-zen wrote: Perhaps the answer is in how group psychology changes behaviour, and structural hierarchies within the group. I read that the gestapo was never that large an organisation, what they did have, was people on every street in the country reporting suspicions to them. The idea that the average German person didn't know what the nazis were doing is horseshit, but the reality of their complicity is unimaginable.
Does the average Democrat voter not know what is being done? Or do they kind of know, but have been sold a justification. If we were seriously going to consider how we would have behaved, you have to take into account what the average German thought the previous 30 years of German history had been about, what was at stake, what the purpose of particular actions were. It's not as if people were quietly going about their days in some happy multicultural liberal fantasy society and then Hitler rocked up and said "I've decided we should kill the Jews, who's with me?".
Za-zen wrote: The dangers of just how "evil" humans can be in the social order of groups should be terrifying, and grouping is as much a natural behaviour in us as zombies.
Sure, but I think there is also a danger in pathologizing these things. Why do people have negative opinions about Muslim immigration? - islamophobia. Why do people not want drag-Queen story hour? - because they are trans-phobic. Everything is given some Freudian cause in our subconscious that means we can do without having to seriously consider the rational basis for their position.

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

I don't know why, but I just checked back in at the JREF to see how they were reacting to Ukraine. It's just a swamp of the most low-IQ Twitter tier takes. Context is evil. Putin is Hitler. The war is going terribly for the Russians. NATO and the US are handling this masterfully. It's like water cooler talk in 1984 after those swine in Oceania have committed another horror for no reason at all.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

the innate capability for "evil" is part of why Peterson argues humans need control systems with moral codes that can't be questioned in their fallibility, rights and wrongs such as religion. It's an interesting argument but not new, as it is rooted in original sin dogma, and objectively false that adherents to the dogma are constrained in it when their immediate needs conflict with it. The old saying that "there are no atheists in foxholes" should read "there are no Christians in foxholes"

Looking at ww2, all peoples involved in it committed war crimes, justified by ingroup/outgroup psychology. From "minor transgressions" like executing surrendering and captive POWs to actively targeting and killing non combatants and children who form part of the "enemy" group. In every conflict the outgroup is dehumanised to enable and justify what in norm morals are heinous actions. Even today it is the norm to justify the incineration of two whole civil societies in Japan as "justifiable and necessary" by the same people who argue the ends did not justify the means of flying two planes into the twin towers. ingroup/outgroup cognitive dissonance is not only common it is necessary to the group cohesion. The two most famous studies on this to my knowledge are the stanford and milgram experiments.

Peterson is right in that what we are capable of should terrify us, he is wrong in thinking moral codes in any way prevent it.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

That's too cheap, the amount of blue and yellow justifies twice the price.

John D

Post by John D »

Is the extent to which Germany will help Ukraine summed up as a bunch of helmets and a box of doughnuts?

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

Za-zen wrote: the innate capability for "evil" is part of why Peterson argues humans need control systems with moral codes that can't be questioned in their fallibility, rights and wrongs such as religion. It's an interesting argument but not new, as it is rooted in original sin dogma, and objectively false that adherents to the dogma are constrained in it when their immediate needs conflict with it.
What has been argued quite a bit in literature critical of liberalism and the enlightenment is that while it's obviously true that the Bible, or any other source of "truth" is reinterpreted in ways that adapt to the moment, that isn't the whole picture. Tradition is sticky. There is something outside of the king that the kings behaviour is supposed to comport with. Yes, you can simply rewrite the Bible, but then you are relying on raw power to enforce that. Monarchs were genuinely restrained in their actions by tradition and written "Truths". What you get with the French revolution is an eternal present where what was though right yesterday counts for nothing. It's not that it was impossible before to change tradition, but it was a lot harder than just changing what the experts say in an environment where the past is a source of evil rather than wisdom.
Za-zen wrote: The old saying that "there are no atheists in foxholes" should read "there are no Christians in foxholes"
I'm not sure that that is true though. Generally heroic acts come from people believing in, and seeing as more important , something outside of themselves.
Za-zen wrote: The two most famous studies on this to my knowledge are the stanford and milgram experiments.
Didn't it come out a few years back that the Stanford Prison experiment was kind of fake?
https://nypost.com/2018/06/14/famed-sta ... tist-says/

The back end of this article about Milgram may also be interesting in terms of whether the people involved were revealing some inner "evil".
https://www.theatlantic.com/health/arch ... ts/384913/
Za-zen wrote: Peterson is right in that what we are capable of should terrify us, he is wrong in thinking moral codes in any way prevent it.
I disagree. When society has gone mad, tradition and religion give you a connection to a moral frame before the madness. What other anchor is there? Morals can't be derived from reason or logic.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Za-zen wrote: ingroup/outgroup cognitive dissonance is not only common it is necessary to the group cohesion. The two most famous studies on this to my knowledge are the stanford and milgram experiments.
You're sailing-close to something which I've been glimpsing-- in regards to Ukraine-- but hasn't quite come into-focus, for me.

It has something-to-do-with Jordan Peterson describing a Maternal openness, vs. a Paternal guardedness.

The figurative Mom-- says "my house is open to Everyone! I will hug & feed everyone who enters-- like they are my own child!"

The Dad says "This is my yard, and that is yours. Do as you please on your side of the fence. But if you come over-here... I'm still in charge. You don't get an Equal Vote to over-rule me."

Mom's way is seen as Tolerant, because she doesn't discriminate between 'us' and 'them'.

BUT... what-happens when someone does manage to fall outside her lenient 'in group' standards? She regards that person as Absolute Pure Evil which must be Exterminated. Not-so tolerant. (e.g. Trump Derangement Syndrome) "We have to fight them over-there, so we don't have-to fight them over-here!"

Meanwhile... the Dad is able to co-exist with a neighbor he disapproves-of.

The Globalist and Federal Govt punative treatment of Covid Dissenters is an even-clearer example.

I think Jordan Peterson described this Maternal/Paternal distinction... in-reference to one-specific 'Big 5' personality trait.
Probably 'Openness'. (JP also adds one's propensity for 'Disgust' as an additional factor in the equation*.)

But, looking at the model below, I see words under several of the 5 traits...
which would also contribute to differences between Mom & Dad mentalities:

https://measuringsel.casel.org/wp-conte ... 8/big5.png

How is all-this relevant to Ukraine? Like I said... I only have a hunch. Not a clear understanding.

FWIW, I am disproportionately-exposed to Edgelords-- who stock-up on EZ-answers from 4chan /pol -- who then scoot-over to FoxNewsMAGA-guy land... eager to shout-down the hapless Boomers.

Trump is largely out-of-the-picture... not on TV, not a candidate, not in-power, not on Twitter.
What's the Michael Malice quote? "Democrats thought Trump was The Flood... but he was actually The Dam."
(e.g. When Trump was around-- his pro-Israel policies & Jewish family-- put a limit on the jew-hating edgelord bile.)

The vacuum-of-power (vacuum-of-charisma?) ... results-in 'Putin Is The New Trump' among the lost-boy edgelords.
And they suddenly HATE Ukraine, beyond sanity.

So... I guess I'm sayin'... a certain subset of people are eager to be the 'guards' in the Stanford Prison experiment... the Electrocutioners for Milgram. They're eager for someone to sort everyone into arbitrary us-them camps, so they act-out.
And I'm inclined to consult that Big 5 diagram again, to understand them. And... since it's part of their Personality-- I don't think their instincts & reflexes can be easily-changed/ if the words or methods used to persuade-- don't suit the way they think.

*3FJ wrote, in 2018:
"Political regimes aren't imposed by the Regime Fairy. Doesn't matter what political system you have it is going to manifest itself in accordance with the national character in terms of ethical and social beliefs. I think you can argue fairly confidently that the Germans have traditionally had a respect for order and hierarchy, which if you accept the model, as explained by Peterson, that associates orderliness and conscientiousness with the Right/conservatism, is going to give them a greater propensity for a more "closed" society with the attendant danger of lurching too far into the disgust response toward the "unclean". Governments are made up of people with certain propensities which stem from their cultural background. It doesn't matter if you have the greatest constitution and rules of governance if the people don't have a tradition of placing the common good high in their priorities and some respect for and understanding of the need for civic obedience."

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Russians are being told it's just a minor defensive operation in the Donbas. So the Ukrainians let PoWs phone their mamas back in Russia to tell them what was going on.

Meanwhile, Ukraine is releasing inspirational World of Tanks trailers:

https://www.facebook.com/GeneralStaff.ua

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

John D wrote:
Is the extent to which Germany will help Ukraine summed up as a bunch of helmets and a box of doughnuts?
[/quote]
They're finally sending some armaments. Though they should have a few MiG-29s still sitting around....

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Seems Putin expected a quick and easy victory, and had scheduled release of an editorial praising the restoration of the historic union of Great Russia, White Russia, and Little Russia (Ukraine.) In all the confusion, they forgot to pull it and it ran.

https://redstate.com/streiff/2022/02/27 ... on-n529150

In today's brief and unproductive peace talks, Russia demanded:
- Ukrainian disarmament;
- De-nazification (read: replacement of Zelensky with a pro-Russia Quisling);
- Recognition of Russia's annexation of Crimea;
- End to oppression of Donbas ethnic Russians and enforcement of Minsk Protocols.

First two are completely unacceptable. The third is water under the bridge. On the fourth, Putin would prefer the breakaway regions not be annexed by Russia, so as to better undermine Ukraine and continue to offer putative causi belli. Ukraine should call his bluff by offering them up.

Nevertheless, there is considerable opportunity right now for a brokered diplomatic solution. Putin has been damaged cuz his military has been exposed as crap. Even if Russia ups the artillery and air attacks, even if they capture Kiev, the war will drag on. Ukrainian government is handing out this how-to:

how-to-molotov.jpg
(64.95 KiB) Downloaded 138 times

But the Biden admin wants Ukraine to fall. So the fat, greasy-fingered bankers of Europe will need to rise to the occasion.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

free thoughtpolice wrote: you normally used to get your info from The Gateway Pundit. That link still looks legit but you usually have problems in sorting out truth from bullshit.
People who cite the Wuhan Institute of Virology shouldn't throw stones.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

If you ever considered watching HBO's 'The Righteous Gemstones'...
or if you never heard of it...
or if you definitely-don't wanna watch the whole thing...

I highly recommend the first 9 minutes of Season 2, Episode 1.

https://fmovies.wtf/series/the-righteou ... -17zmv/2-1

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

free thoughtpolice shouldn't be allowed near pubescent children.

That was sick-fuck shit, on the previous page.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:35 am

Nevertheless, there is considerable opportunity right now for a brokered diplomatic solution. Putin has been damaged cuz his military has been exposed as crap. Even if Russia ups the artillery and air attacks, even if they capture Kiev, the war will drag on. Ukrainian government is handing out this how-to:

how-to-molotov.jpg

But the Biden admin wants Ukraine to fall. So the fat, greasy-fingered bankers of Europe will need to rise to the occasion.
Russian logistics are shite, their initial attacks didn't finish the job and they're bogged down as a result of the aforementioned logistics. What I fear may be the case is that they've sent some sacrificial conscripts into the cities to see where the militia are hanging out and they're going to pound the shite out of them now, or when the big guns arrive. They may have started already on Kharkiv. Just saw some scenes of a rocket attack on the city. Many rockets landing in what looks like a residential district.

My guess is that Putin is going to try Grosznying Kiev first before entertaining any concessions.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:07 am
Brive1987 wrote: China and now Russia have demonstrated the fragility of liberal-globalism and the primacy of focused nationalism.
The neoliberal-neocon elite promised that globalization would make Russia and China docile, as they wouldn't want to risk their new markets. Instead, Russia and China realized they had the West by the balls.

Back in 2014 and In another universe, NATO would have either rushed Ukraine into their system post Crimea and challenged Russia to 'have a go'.

OR

They would have publicly guaranteed non-NATO membership to Ukraine but backed their neutrality with a purely defensive alliance. And challenged Russia to 'have a go'.

But no. The west instead umm'ed and ahh'ed - while greenlighting Nord Stream 2 to keep the globalist dreams alive.
Meanwhile they balk at cutting Russia from SWIFT because of the global financial consequences.

How's that working out for us?
Yep. Either bring Ukraine into NATO when Russia was weak, or take the age-old, proven approach of trading concessions for concessions, assurances for assurances.
If the goal of NATO was to keep Russia out of Ukraine, an armed, neutral Ukraine friendly to, but not allied with, the West, would've sufficed.
Way forward. Kill Putin's energy revenue, get Putin forced out, apologise to Russia for expediently ignoring Yeltsin's tyranny and the Wild West chaos, tell that shitbag Pied Piper Dugin to go fuck himself and normalise relations. Putin is temporary, a result of the post-Soviet mess. I would bet my left bollock that Russians would take being part of Europe over being Xi's little stooge any day.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Russians are being told it's just a minor defensive operation in the Donbas. So the Ukrainians let PoWs phone their mamas back in Russia to tell them what was going on.

Meanwhile, Ukraine is releasing inspirational World of Tanks trailers:

https://www.facebook.com/GeneralStaff.ua
Fans of Babylon Bee might be amused by one of their latest:

https://babylonbee.com/news/mysterious- ... -testicles

But some curious similarities and differences with the Hungarian revolution of 1956 and the invasion of Czechoslovakia in 1968:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hungarian ... on_of_1956

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warsaw_Pa ... hoslovakia

In latter case, some 500k Russian troops, but it more or less precipitated the breakup of Russia.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

fafnir wrote:
<snip>
Za-zen wrote: Peterson is right in that what we are capable of should terrify us, he is wrong in thinking moral codes in any way prevent it.
I disagree. When society has gone mad, tradition and religion give you a connection to a moral frame before the madness. What other anchor is there? Morals can't be derived from reason or logic.
Still banging the drum for "tradition" and "religion"? 🙄

You might reflect on Pascal's quip:

https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/blaise_pascal_133606

No doubt some traditions are more credible than others but you seem to think otherwise, that they all qualify as trump.

I'm just in the midst of re-reading Tuchman's The Proud Tower, the first chapter on The Patricians, particularly in England. Lots of them who exhibited a social conscience, but far too many who were more or less into rape and pillage of the poor:

"a small select aristocracy born booted and spurred to ride and a large dim mass born saddled and bridled to be ridden" (page 25).

"Tradition", eh? 🙄

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Branching-out from comic book & movie reviews... to reviewing the war:

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Steersman wrote: the invasion of Czechoslovakia in 1968 [...] more or less precipitated the breakup of Russia [sic].
uhhh
berlin_1989.jpg
(99.65 KiB) Downloaded 125 times

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Menopausal women are more or less women.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

This dude is apparently a major Russian military expert and is worth following.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

LEGAL HELP FIRM ⚖️
@lhfirm
5h
TEEN KILLED: 16-year-old Vadarrion Knight was shot to death in the overnight hours in the 00-99 block of East Grand, Streeterville neighborhood, Northeast Side on February 28, 2022. Seen/heard/know anything tip at cpdtip.com. Our condolences.
https://nitter.net/lhfirm/status/1498327287556718604

"...he was an enterprising young man, taking jobs to earn money. “From washing cars, cutting people grass, shoveling snow, taking out garbages, selling candy, ice, cups, chips, chocolate bars. He was a money chaser.”
https://chicago.suntimes.com/crime/2022 ... e-shooting

https://media.patriots.win/post/H6fZmLJcBYOK.png

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Steersman wrote: the invasion of Czechoslovakia in 1968 [...] more or less precipitated the breakup of Russia [sic].
uhhh

berlin_1989.jpg
"Would you believe" ... contributed to?

Know you're not a big fan of Wikipedia, but you might at least read their synopsis and citations:
The invasion started a series of events that would ultimately see Brezhnev establish peace with U.S. President Richard Nixon in 1972 after the latter's historic visit to China. ....

Analysts believe the invasion caused the worldwide Communist movement to fracture, ultimately leading to the Revolutions of 1989, and the dissolution of the Soviet Union in 1991.
Though I'll concede that even Wikipedia calls for evidence of that claim; they're hardly perfect but generally still quite useful.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Service Dog wrote: Menopausal women are more or less women.
Nope. You might just as well argue that an actual woman (adult human female) is more or less pregnant. Or that a child is more or less a teenager.

Each of those categories - pregnant, teenager - has objective "either-or" criteria to qualify for membership.

Likewise with both "female" and "woman", the objective criterion in question being having functional ovaries.

No tickee, no washee.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Steersman wrote: even Wikipedia calls for evidence of that claim; they're hardly perfect but generally still quite useful.
Menopausal Women: hardly perfect but generally quite useful, more or less.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Service Dog wrote: "...he was an enterprising young man, taking jobs to earn money. “From washing cars, cutting people grass, shoveling snow, taking out garbages, selling candy, ice, cups, chips, chocolate bars. He was a money chaser.”

...and nothing of value was lost.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

The jab INCREASES the chance of infection in children:

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101 ... 22271454v1

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

The police source said the shooting appeared to be a “targeted attack,” and that 29 baggies of crack cocaine were found on Knight’s body as well as a “bundle” of cash.

Knight had lost his older brother to gun violence in 2018. Deshawn James was 17 when he was shot

ThreeFlangedJavis

Brive1987 wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:38 pm

Terrible assumptions about Ukraine's will to fight. More than likely. Been trying to get a handle on Putin and I think this Vlad Vexler guy is probably right on the money. Putin is a very mistrustful fellow given to projection. He doesn't believe democracy really exists or can work, it takes a dictator to maintain stability. He can't wrap his head around a Ukraine which is corrupt but also has people who genuinely believe in democracy and the betterment of life for all. He jumps to the conclusion that where there are democratic urges there must be CIA/NATO shitstirring. It is entirely possible that he could not wrap his head around the idea that Ukrainians decide to align with the West of there own free will. The irony is that Putin's police "advisors" in Kiev and Russian meddling contributed more to the ousting of Yanukovych than the CIA.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: The jab INCREASES the chance of infection in children:

Although those findings confirm my concerns, I still scroll-down to see who is making the claim.

Well, shit, that's a nice surprise... for once.

On the other hand...
UNCROPPED
Y'know...

I don't think these motherfuckers understand just how much they've pissed-away their credibility.

I can't help but wonder... whether findings-like-this were already-known (or could have been discovered), say, a full year ago.

And whether craven decisions were made... about WHEN to air the truth.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Service Dog wrote:
Steersman wrote: even Wikipedia calls for evidence of that claim; they're hardly perfect but generally still quite useful.
Menopausal Women: hardly perfect but generally quite useful, more or less.
Nice try but no cigar.

"menopausal women" is an oxymoron, a contradiction in terms. Like "square circle":

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxymoron

"menopausal" denotes the loss of the ability to produce ova while "female" denotes the ability to do so. Organisms can't have both that ability and its absence.

Logic 101; HTH ....

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Dr. Jill Biden, to her speechwriter: "I told you to write me a TOAST, not a ROAST!!") First Lady Jill Biden stumbled during her introduction of Vice President Kamala Harris on Monday, calling her the “president” before correcting herself.

The First Lady spoke about Harris in glowing terms as she opened a Black History event at the White House.

“As many of you know, our vice president’s historic path to the White House began before she could even walk,” Jill Biden said, pointing to Harris’ family history of marching for civil rights when she was young.
fweedom !! “She is a partner to Joe, especially on issues like voting rights, and is proud to be the first but not the last,” she said, referring to Harris making history by being the first black woman as vice president.

“Ladies and gentlemen, the president…” She began before pausing and trying to correct herself.

As the crowd burst into laughter, Jill Biden said sheepishly, “I just said that to make you laugh,” before introducing the vice president correctly.
Harris did not directly address the awkward moment after taking the stage.

“Thank you, Dr. Biden,” she said before saying how nice it was to be at the White House “with our incredible President Joe Biden” and her own husband, the first “second gentleman” of the United States.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Steersman wrote: No tickee, no washee.
False. The Chinatown laundromat never demands I produce my receipt.
They retrieve my bag of neatly-folded garments, the moment they see me.

Then again, your mileage may vary.

I mean, -I- don't gotta pay to get my dick sucked. And I've never been banned from editing wikipedia.

No wiki. No stickee-stickee.

sucks to be you

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Service Dog wrote: “As many of you know, our vice president’s historic path to the White House began before she could even walk,”
First you crawl, then you walk, then you get down on your knees in front of Willie Brown.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Service Dog wrote: "our incredible President Joe Biden”
incredible
ĭn-krĕd′ə-bəl
adjective
So implausible as to elicit disbelief; unbelievable.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

of course... he didn't meant to say "Justice".

He meant "Pope". Satchel Page, man! You know, the thing. Major League. 'Wild Thing.' Hunter Sheen.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

It's nearly 4AM and i've had half a bottle of Hitchen's water so this will be incoherent and with more typos than a FTBlogger raging against BDSM that isn't tentacle, but your nonsense has moved me to inaction.
fafnir wrote: What has been argued quite a bit in literature critical of liberalism and the enlightenment is that while it's obviously true that the Bible, or any other source of "truth" is reinterpreted in ways that adapt to the moment, that isn't the whole picture. Tradition is sticky. There is something outside of the king that the kings behaviour is supposed to comport with. Yes, you can simply rewrite the Bible, but then you are relying on raw power to enforce that. Monarchs were genuinely restrained in their actions by tradition and written "Truths". What you get with the French revolution is an eternal present where what was though right yesterday counts for nothing. It's not that it was impossible before to change tradition, but it was a lot harder than just changing what the experts say in an environment where the past is a source of evil rather than wisdom

Monarchs were never constrained by tradition, in the same way that Presidents are not constrained by tradition, they utilise tradition when it serves their needs, and object to it and reform it when it doesn't. In other words it's only ever a system of control when it doesn't constrain their exercise of power. There was a king of Kings on earth in the Papacy, and his power relational to his spiritual vassals was always negotiated in very temporal agreements. The British queen holds as title "defender of the faith", most of her subjects believe it to be a honorarium for the reformation, it did come from Horny Henry of England, but was bestowed on the English king by the Pope for his defence in a written screed of Catholicism as the one true church, prior to him needing to fuck more than one legitimate wife.

You are off the mark in targeting the French revolution and it's abandonment of bible bullshit as the moment Camelot and noble traditions passed through the loins of Sir Wankstain the fifth ended. You may yearn for a simpler time but it is a faux narrative sewn and only existing in your own imagination. The downfall of the theocratic order and the hereditary class it sanctified, leading to the the birth of secularism is a complex and multi faceted socio economic progression. If we have to point to a seminal point, i point to the Scottish enlightenment, and in particular francis Hutcheson https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francis_H ... ilosopher) A beautiful heretic who coined the phrase "unalienable rights". In all aspects of human evolution we stand on the shoulders of giants, and Hutcheson was an a Atlas. Protestantism threw out tradition, as if you didn't need a priest, why a King!? The idea of spiritual equality directly lead to the post enlightenment modern understanding of human equality. Don't bother trying to point to this as somehow a traditional lineage, as it is revolutionary and rejection of tradition that facilitates the evolution of thought and society. A student of hutcheson tutored no less than three signatories of the US declaration of independence.

The greatest Englishman who ever lived almost as if by fate lived at that period. Tom Paine, if you want to link in the French revolution, in the form of an individual, there's your tie. He was the pen that gave the US rebellion a soul, from an anti tax civil unrest, he birthed and gave form to the idea of a nation, the French revolution was a child of the American revolution, as was the Irish rebellion of 1978. The attempt to crush France which spawned Napoleon was an attempt to crush individual liberty and the very dangerous idea that peasants were the equals to any royal inbred, and owed them nothing. Today we still witness people doff their caps in deference to wankers with hereditary titles, it's bemusing but explanatory of how close we are to our ape cousins. Perhaps we should look to our pre homosapien ancestors for inspiration as to how we should order ourselves in the interest of tradition. The period of the french revolution also gave us our broad categorisation of left and right politic. Members of the french parliament who wanted to retain power in all its forms for themselves (aristocracy) and the monarch sat to the right of the king, those who wished to distribute power more equally to citizens and away from the traditional power holders sat to the left of the king. That delineation still holds true, as politics is still all about who holds the power. It's why i am and always will be a leftist.

Liberty, Equality, Fraternity Vive la France!!!!

quote=fafnir post_id=508870 time= user_id=1402]
I'm not sure that that is true though. Generally heroic acts come from people believing in, and seeing as more important , something outside of themselves.
[/quote]

You must be jesting to suggest that sacrificing yourself for the idea of something greater than yourself requires religious belief, or some weird idea of a traditional value set. There are quite a few things i'd die for, human solidarity and defiance of tyranny (fuck of MAGA) not least. I can do nothing else but to end with the man i started with:
"Here is my challenge. Let someone name one ethical statement made, or one ethical action performed, by a believer that could not have been uttered or done by a nonbeliever. And here is my second challenge. Can any reader of this [challenge] think of a wicked statement made, or an evil action performed, precisely because of religious faith?"

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Service Dog wrote:
Steersman wrote: No tickee, no washee.
False. The Chinatown laundromat never demands I produce my receipt.
They retrieve my bag of neatly-folded garments, the moment they see me.
Think you're unclear on the principle - one of many.

Presumably your face - such as it is - qualifies as the ticket. Presuming that story isn't another one you've pulled out of your arse - any plans afoot to admit you were blowing smoke out of your arse about AP? 🙄
I mean, -I- don't gotta pay to get my dick sucked.
Bully for you. You might reflect on the adage that "free sex" often costs more than the sex you pay for - it's quid pro quo, all the way down.
And I've never been banned from editing wikipedia.

No wiki. No stickee-stickee.

sucks to be you
Have you ever edited any Wikipedia articles at all? Stood on any principle at all? Put your money where your mouth is? There or elsewhere?

Rather doubt it.

And my essay on Wikipedia's Lysenkoism was less a complaint than a call to arms, an attempt to draw attention to a serious if not fatal flaw in Wikipedia itself, if not in much of "Wokeism". Not that you have a clue about any of that.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:17 pm
Brive1987 wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:38 pm

Terrible assumptions about Ukraine's will to fight. More than likely. Been trying to get a handle on Putin and I think this Vlad Vexler guy is probably right on the money. Putin is a very mistrustful fellow given to projection. He doesn't believe democracy really exists or can work, it takes a dictator to maintain stability. He can't wrap his head around a Ukraine which is corrupt but also has people who genuinely believe in democracy and the betterment of life for all. He jumps to the conclusion that where there are democratic urges there must be CIA/NATO shitstirring. It is entirely possible that he could not wrap his head around the idea that Ukrainians decide to align with the West of there own free will. The irony is that Putin's police "advisors" in Kiev and Russian meddling contributed more to the ousting of Yanukovych than the CIA.
Agreed, RU assumptions about Ukraine show zero appreciation for the power of aligned yet fundamentally non-western, National ideals. Odd given all avail evidence. Kofman is on the mark.

It’s a lose-lose though. It’s tragic if Ukraine goes down. Buts its existentially dangerous if Putin ends up in his bunker.

zou3gou3

Post by zou3gou3 »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: The jab INCREASES the chance of infection in children:

Do tell how you come to that conclusion. The authors specifically state
In the Omicron era, the effectiveness against cases of BNT162b2 declined rapidly for children, particularly those 5-11 years. However, vaccination of children 5-11 years was protective against severe disease and is recommended.
Also
the continued importance layered protections, including mask wearing

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

Za-zen wrote: It's nearly 4AM and i've had half a bottle of Hitchen's water so this will be incoherent and with more typos than a FTBlogger raging against BDSM that isn't tentacle, but your nonsense has moved me to inaction.
fafnir wrote: What has been argued quite a bit in literature critical of liberalism and the enlightenment is that while it's obviously true that the Bible, or any other source of "truth" is reinterpreted in ways that adapt to the moment, that isn't the whole picture. Tradition is sticky. There is something outside of the king that the kings behaviour is supposed to comport with. Yes, you can simply rewrite the Bible, but then you are relying on raw power to enforce that. Monarchs were genuinely restrained in their actions by tradition and written "Truths". What you get with the French revolution is an eternal present where what was though right yesterday counts for nothing. It's not that it was impossible before to change tradition, but it was a lot harder than just changing what the experts say in an environment where the past is a source of evil rather than wisdom
Monarchs were never constrained by tradition, in the same way that Presidents are not constrained by tradition, they utilise tradition when it serves their needs, and object to it and reform it when it doesn't.
Both were/are constrained by tradition to the extent that their legitimacy, in the minds of their subjects, depends on it. Yes over time traditions can be changed. Yes a strong ruler can overule tradition. In so far as legitimacy comes from tradition, there is a cost. Look at all the battles for thrones that derived from questions of legitimacy. Look at the problems that occurred when a ruler whose legitimacy was in doubt was on the throne. A society that values tradition imposes a cost on radical change.

What you have now, with the folk who pull down statues, is people who don't think legitimacy comes from tradition. For them, legitimacy comes from adherence to ideology and sanctified by "expert" opinion. What you have seen in Canada recently, and in the past few years, is an understanding of the citizens relationship to society based on tradition clashing with one that is based on the continual, memoryless present.
Za-zen wrote: In other words it's only ever a system of control when it doesn't constrain their exercise of power. There was a king of Kings on earth in the Papacy, and his power relational to his spiritual vassals was always negotiated in very temporal agreements.
Sure, pragmatic decisions were made all the time but again, there was a cost in terms of legitimacy to breaking too radically with tradition. The mere need to maintain the charade is a constraint.
Za-zen wrote: The British queen holds as title "defender of the faith", most of her subjects believe it to be a honorarium for the reformation, it did come from Horny Henry of England, but was bestowed on the English king by the Pope for his defence in a written screed of Catholicism as the one true church, prior to him needing to fuck more than one legitimate wife.
Absolutely, but look at the lengths he went to to find a way that he could legitimately get a new wife. He also did it at a point where there was a split in elite opinion of the type I'm talking about. At that point, Protestantism was ideologically anti-tradition. He was only able to do what he did because enoguh people believed something similar to the people who pull down statues - tradition is wrong, we in the present know best.
Za-zen wrote: You are off the mark in targeting the French revolution and it's abandonment of bible bullshit as the moment Camelot and noble traditions passed through the loins of Sir Wankstain the fifth ended.
There is no one point. It is an important point. It was the first attempt that I can think of to build a society that did not look to tradition for legitimacy.
Za-zen wrote: You may yearn for a simpler time but it is a faux narrative sewn and only existing in your own imagination.
I don't know. Medieval peasants after the black death and before the enclosures seemed to have it pretty good. They certainly didn't have to work the kind of hours people work today. They had communities in a way we don't have today.
Za-zen wrote: The downfall of the theocratic order and the hereditary class it sanctified, leading to the the birth of secularism is a complex and multi faceted socio economic progression. If we have to point to a seminal point, i point to the Scottish enlightenment, and in particular francis Hutcheson https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francis_H ... ilosopher) A beautiful heretic who coined the phrase "unalienable rights".
Yes, the enlightenment is where a lot of the wrong ideas that went into the French Revolution came from. Obviously if one wanted, one could hunt them back further in time and say it wasn't really the Enlightenment that was the cause.
Za-zen wrote: In all aspects of human evolution we stand on the shoulders of giants, and Hutcheson was an a Atlas. Protestantism threw out tradition, as if you didn't need a priest, why a King!?
Certainly. If you start asking "why?" like that, nothing can stand that lacks the strength to prevent you questioning it.
Za-zen wrote: The idea of spiritual equality directly lead to the post enlightenment modern understanding of human equality.
Yes, and you find spiritual equality being the revolutionary idea that helped Christianity get going in Rome.
Za-zen wrote: Don't bother trying to point to this as somehow a traditional lineage, as it is revolutionary and rejection of tradition that facilitates the evolution of thought and society. A student of hutcheson tutored no less than three signatories of the US declaration of independence.
OK. I don't see how that contradicts anything I have said. If we are talking about the Enlightenment and the Age of Revolution, look at Burke. He didn't say that progress should stop in 1790, yet he was against the French Revolution, and believed there was something entropic and murderous about the worship of reason and the rejection of tradition.

In any case, this is drifting away from the case I was making which was not that progress needed to stop in the middle ages. It was that when legitimacy is tied to tradition it slows down social change. What else does one base power in? Reason?
Za-zen wrote: The greatest Englishman who ever lived almost as if by fate lived at that period. Tom Paine, if you want to link in the French revolution, in the form of an individual, there's your tie. He was the pen that gave the US rebellion a soul, from an anti tax civil unrest, he birthed and gave form to the idea of a nation, the French revolution was a child of the American revolution, as was the Irish rebellion of 1978.
The American revolution was rather more pragmatic than the French one. While it wiped some traditions away, that was only to instantiate new ones. How much do the founding fathers come up to justify things? You don't have continual revolution in the US based on the clash of tradition and some puritanical cult of reason until relatively recently.
Za-zen wrote: The attempt to crush France which spawned Napoleon was an attempt to crush individual liberty and the very dangerous idea that peasants were the equals to any royal inbred, and owed them nothing.
The Revolution was the rising merchant class and minor aristocratic class overthrowing the King. Obviously they talked about "individual liberty" and property rights and stuff, they were early capitalists and wanted to be free to make money. All of these revolutions that are uncompromising about individual liberty and an end to tradition end up having to deal with the problem of it turning into an orgy of chaos out of which arrises a strong figure like Napoleon or Stalin to end the revolution and bring order. Many of the theoretical assumptions about human nature that these enlightenment thinkers had were lovely on paper, but dreadful in practice.
Za-zen wrote: Today we still witness people doff their caps in deference to wankers with hereditary titles, it's bemusing but explanatory of how close we are to our ape cousins. Perhaps we should look to our pre homosapien ancestors for inspiration as to how we should order ourselves in the interest of tradition. The period of the french revolution also gave us our broad categorisation of left and right politic.
Yes it did.
Za-zen wrote: Members of the french parliament who wanted to retain power in all its forms for themselves (aristocracy) and the monarch sat to the right of the king, those who wished to distribute power more equally to citizens and away from the traditional power holders sat to the left of the king.
You have some very rose tinted opinions about the Jacobins. For people who just wanted to distribute power more equally, they did lead an awful lot of murderous mobs and carry about a terrific number of heads on pikes.

Illiterate French peasants weren't in any position to have power. Notionally the Jacobins might have ruled on behalf of the people, but in actuality the Jacobins were demanding power be given to the Jacobins. What you had was power being given to bitter country lawyers and the second sons of aristocratic families with chips on their shoulders.
Za-zen wrote: That delineation still holds true, as politics is still all about who holds the power. It's why i am and always will be a leftist.
That is the myth of the Left. The question, from the other side, is typically "what will be the actual results of implementing your ideas?". I'm less keen on him than I used to be, but Thomas Sowell would always say that when ever a left wing person proposed something you should ask:

1. Compared to what?
2. At what cost?
3. What hard evidence do you have?

I'm just not at all sure that left wing ideas have a good track record of actually making people happier.
Za-zen wrote: Liberty, Equality, Fraternity Vive la France!!!!
Those are contradictory ideas. It's like having as your motto "high public spending, low taxation and fiscal responsibility".
Za-zen wrote:
fafnir wrote: I'm not sure that that is true though. Generally heroic acts come from people believing in, and seeing as more important , something outside of themselves.
You must be jesting to suggest that sacrificing yourself for the idea of something greater than yourself requires religious belief, or some weird idea of a traditional value set. There are quite a few things i'd die for, human solidarity and defiance of tyranny (fuck of MAGA) not least.
Where do those strong feelings come from? Were you reasoned into them 5 minutes ago? It feels to me like you have had an understanding of right and wrong and so on that has persisted for many years and that you perceive goes back several hundred years. Your strong feelings are rooted in a tradition. A leader can't just come in and go off in a different direction, Trump, and have you willingly follow them. People who pull down statues, seek to rewrite the past and demand that everything justify itself against the feelings of the moment cut you off from the tradition and history that your morality is grounded in.
Za-zen wrote: I can do nothing else but to end with the man i started with:
"Here is my challenge. Let someone name one ethical statement made, or one ethical action performed, by a believer that could not have been uttered or done by a nonbeliever. And here is my second challenge. Can any reader of this [challenge] think of a wicked statement made, or an evil action performed, precisely because of religious faith?"
[/QUOTE]
You are tilting at windmills here. This is a pure enlightenment/liberal/leftie way of looking at the world. The conservative case generally isn't constructed like this. It's not based on whether logically morality in all cases requires religion, or other absolute statements. The question is what actually happens when you try to implement these beautiful logical sandcastles in practice. Burke looked at the French Revolution, and said he thought is was going to end badly. Building a utopia is very easy so long as you aren't too interested in checking back on how it works for the people who have to live there.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Brive1987 wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:43 pm
It’s a lose-lose though. It’s tragic if Ukraine goes down. Buts its existentially dangerous if Putin ends up in his bunker.
Not if he's alone in his bunker. His people obey him because they're scared of him, but I think they'll be more scared of a nuclear roasting if the order comes. Also, he's delusional, but on the plus side he isn't irrational.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Za-zen,

Good morning. Hope you aren't too hung over.

Regarding this:

Not so long ago-- here in the US-- the election maps shown on teevee-- depicted the Democrats as Red and the Republicans as Blue. Which matched the most obvious Left/Right interpretation. Red commies vs. Blue-bloods.

Then-- all at once-- a co-ordinated decision was made-- to swap the colors. (That this journalistic decision could be executed in perfect unison, should-have raised an eyebrow of suspicion). The official explanation for the color-swap-- was to remove any advantage/disadvantage the colors might bestow. (if voters prefer the color blue, then one-side shouldn't monopolize that advantage.)
As I recall, the original-plan was to again reverse the colors... every-few elections. But 'Red States' 'Blue States' and 'Purple State' terminology have become widespread. Not to mention Trump's red MAGA hats. So I suspect the planned-reversal will not occur... unless the Powers That Be see gain in-it, for their agenda.

And those Power That Be... ain't "the people"/"the citizenry". The Powers That Be are 'The Cathedral' of the managerial elite class, academia, journalism, tech, career bureaucrats, homogenized institutions-of-institutions: such as the Hillary Industrial Complex, CorporateSocializedMedicinePharma rent-seekers, the Plantation Owner union-bosses perched atop the rank&file sharecroppers & slaves. And, of course, the GlobalCorporate-HRdepartment-IdentityPolitics-RainbowBLMTrans-AdvertiserBigbux. Which side of the King do all THOSE assholes sit-on?

And, given that, where do you seat the populist MAGA hats... and wildcard Trump... the January 6ers... and the new crop of RABBLE>ROUSERS like Boebert, MTG, and Wendy Rodgers?

Za-z... In the past, I've come to regard your perspective as frozen in amber. (Like a boomer who still sees the world like Woodstock was just-yesterday (unaware of the dronestrikes subsequently ordered by those who you 'inhaled' with.) BUT... I also truly appreciate that you DO engage with faddish newer perspectives. You do argue your POV... with authority & coherence... which does cause me to question whether you might be right. Maybe things haven't changed so-much after-all.

Fegg

Post by Fegg »

Za-zen wrote:
Monarchs were never constrained by tradition, in the same way that Presidents are not constrained by tradition, they utilise tradition when it serves their needs, and object to it and reform it when it doesn't. In other words it's only ever a system of control when it doesn't constrain their exercise of power.
Everyone is massively influenced by tradition. It allows them to locate their meaning in life, and that is often more important than power, wealth, control of others, etc. To understand Louis XVI, you have to know that he had been David Hume's number one fan since he read Hume's history of Charles I when he was a boy.
Za-zen wrote: The British queen holds as title "defender of the faith", most of her subjects believe it to be a honorarium for the reformation, it did come from Horny Henry of England, but was bestowed on the English king by the Pope for his defence in a written screed of Catholicism as the one true church, prior to him needing to fuck more than one legitimate wife.
It was re-bestowed on Henry by Parliament after the Pope took it away, and was pretty much ignored by everyone for a century and a half or so until George I decided he liked the sound of it.

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

Service Dog wrote: And, given that, where do you seat the populist MAGA hats... and wildcard Trump... the January 6ers... and the new crop of RABBLE>ROUSERS like Boebert, MTG, and Wendy Rodgers?
Do you mean that, taking the case of Canada.... Trudeau, the banks, institutional media, and so on represent the cause of distributing power to the people while the truckers are on the right and therefore are the defenders of concentrated institutional power?

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

oh, you think that was a nice piece there, eh? i’ll tell you something, i got an exit book here, shows the best steak on any mile of interstate in the whole pig-friggin' country, shows every decent motel and a few indecent ones. shows where to get a new axle at four in the morning, fucking bible. well, i got another little book i wrote up myself, sort of an exit and entrance book, if you get me. shows me where every piece of ass i ever picked up is. i can get laid inside ten minutes just about anywhere in the fucking world, it’s all in the book. this one chick though, i’ll never forget it. moved her ass like a blender, bitch simply could not get enough, buck and scream like a wild animal, every time i go through jersey i stop in for a taste. the one thing i can’t stand is when they get emotional about it. want you to call ‘em and write 'em. when i’m gone, i’m gone. i’ll take 'em with me for a while, we ride, then fuck, then ride. i’ve burned out three mattresses in the cab-over up there. that one, though, she was wild.

The backbone of this country is the independent truck
The power of the trucker comes from his truck
The best thing about trucks is the cab overhead
That's where those truckers generate their
Backbone!
Backbone!
Backbone!
Backbone!

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Yesterday, I posted excerpts from the White House Black History Month live, streaming Whatever That Was.

Below-- is the entire thing.

Dr. First Dr. Lady Dr. Jill Dr. Biden is even-goofier in the full version. She gives a 'shout out' to the DJ, then claims that she & Joe & Kamala & Doug Emhoff... often listened & danced to his online Club Quarantine jammies.

She not-only mentions Kamala attending protests as a toddler, but specifically mentions the apocryphal "stroller".
Also... according to Jill... Kamala went to those protests with her mother "and father".
(I think Kamala's version sez she was with her mother & aunt.)
Not sure-- but I think Jill avoided calling Kamala 'black' or 'African-American'.

When you think about it-- Jill calling Kamala 'the President', followed-by saying 'I just said that to make you laugh'-- is quite an insult.

Dopey-Gropey Joe taking-the-stage is also a sight to behold. He hangs all-over a teenage blackboy. Then Joe stares at the kid for the first minute of his remarks... telling a go-nowhere story about how Biden knew a black guy, back in the 1970's... and that same black guy is right here in this room now, folks! Where is he? Let's give him a hand.

Very little talk of actual BLACK HISTORY. The event is largely comprised of shout-outs.

Most disturbingly... Biden mentions that DEFENSE SECRETARY Lloyd Austin is in the audience.
Shouldn't That Dude Be Busy, Doin' OTHER Stuff, right now?

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

It's not morning, it's late afternoon and somebody hit me over the head with that whisky bottle. I think now, looking back, we did not fight the enemy; we fought ourselves. And the enemy was in us. The war is over for me now, but it will always be there, the rest of my days. As I'm sure Hoggle will be, fighting with peewee for what Dawkins called possession of my soul. There are times since, I've felt like the child born of those two fathers. But, be that as it may, those of us who did make it have an obligation to build again, to teach to others what we know, and to try with what's left of our lives to find a goodness and a meaning to this life.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

...and why is this the One Time that Biden didn't end his remarks with "...and God protect our Troops," as he usually does? :think:

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

zou3gou3 wrote: Do tell how you come to that conclusion.
From the data, not the ass-covering.

Are you seriously still claiming masks work and are not child abuse? You gonna hold out like that jap soldier on some secluded island, as the rest of the world surrenders to reality?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Service Dog wrote: Dr. First Dr. Lady Dr. Jill Dr. Biden is even-goofier in the full version. She gives a 'shout out' to the DJ, then claims that she & Joe & Kamala & Doug Emhoff... often listened & danced to his online Club Quarantine jammies.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Service Dog wrote: You do argue your POV... with authority & coherence... which does cause me to question whether you might be right.
Za-Zen got a lot right in the above.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
zou3gou3 wrote: Do tell how you come to that conclusion.

Are you seriously still claiming masks work ....
Define "work".

I posted a NY Times or Atlantic article here sometime back of a scientist at the Bureau of Standards which showed pictures of air currents produced by people breathing out while wearing and not wearing masks.

Clear as day that masks reduced the spread of whatever we exhale. Not an unreasonable conclusion to argue that masks reduce the spread of any virus, possibly below the fabled "replication rate" - if I'm not mistaken - which has any number of social consequences.

However, as I've also argued, masks probably have limited value and justification once "herd immunity" is achieved at which point they're probably counterproductive at best.

Simplistic analyses and faulty premises - no masks good, masks bad - really don't help matters much.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Steersman wrote: Define "work".
Define "women's work".

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Steersman wrote: Clear as day that masks reduced the spread of whatever we exhale.
Clear as day.

https://ugetube.com/watch/dr-ted-noel-u ... vVc2F.html

Not an unreasonable conclusion to argue that masks reduce the spread of any virus,
Show us where the masks 'worked':

https://www.covidchartsquiz.com

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

Service Dog wrote:
Steersman wrote: Define "work".
Define "women's work".
Make me a sandwich

zou3gou3

Post by zou3gou3 »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: zou3gou3 wrote: ↑
Do tell how you come to that conclusion.
How did you analyse the data? the Trumpian sharpie method?

Sharpie2.png
(836.24 KiB) Downloaded 41 times