Steerzing in a New Direction...

Old subthreads
Steersman

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

Post by Steersman »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: My sincere thanks to the two cunts here for illustrating my point by repeating yet again the same dire predictions they've been making for two years now, that will yet again not come to pass because they are total bullshit.
De nada; Ima helper, zou3gou3 too by the look of it ... ;-)

But, if I'm not mistaken, some further news on that front from your neck of the woods, although there are may be a few hopeful signs in it:
Omicron “is less severe than previous variants,” Gov. Gavin Newsom said at a press briefing in Paramount on Wednesday. Intensive care units are nowhere near as busy with COVID-19 patients as they were a year ago.

But it’s also true that never before in the pandemic have so many people been simultaneously infected with the coronavirus. And that is leaving emergency rooms inundated, ambulances facing delays dropping people off at hospitals, and patients seeing their scheduled surgeries canceled. ....

Kaiser Permanente Southern California temporarily postponed all scheduled surgeries that require an inpatient stay in the hospital after an operation. The move came after a number of hospital systems across California reported being forced to postpone at least some scheduled procedures. ....

As more data are gathered, it’s becoming clearer that Omicron is causing less-severe illness than its Delta cousin — the culprit behind last summer’s wave. ....

None of the studied Omicron-infected patients required mechanical ventilation. The median length of stay for a hospitalized Omicron patient in the Kaiser study was 1.5 days, compared to five days for Delta. ....

But the staggering number of new coronavirus cases still means that there are a lot of people seeking emergency care for coronavirus-related symptoms. On Sunday, there were 12,500 people at emergency rooms in California seeking care for a coronavirus-related concern; on the same day a year earlier, there were 11,500 visits. ....

Among L.A. County’s four public hospitals, hundreds of coronavirus-positive health workers are in isolation, which “has made it virtually impossible to ... maintain services that are at a level of care needed to support safe patient care,” Health Services Director Dr. Christina Ghaly told the county Board of Supervisors this week. ....
https://www.latimes.com/california/stor ... verwhelmed

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Steers, you complete Mong. I call the bullshit agitprop as bullshit agitprop, and you counter by repeating the bullshit agitprop.

If we were all pro-jab here, you'd be anti-jab just to get attention. Apropos of your proclivities, may I suggest a little road trip, instead?

'

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Steers, you complete Mong. I call the bullshit agitprop as bullshit agitprop, and you counter by repeating the bullshit agitprop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mIyFggeAkw'
:-) As Abe Lincoln is reputed to have said, calling a dog's tail a leg doesn't make it one:

Quotes_Lincoln_Dog_Legs.jpg
(44.37 KiB) Downloaded 209 times

There ARE objective criteria that have to be met to qualify for membership cards in various categories - sort of like functioning ovaries for "female" ... ;-)

But you haven't actually demonstrated that, for examples, those Forbes and LATime articles are actually "bullship agitprop". Nice that California is about 72% uptake on the vaccinations:

https://covid19.ca.gov/vaccination-prog ... /#overview

But with some 78k dead already, that still suggests some further 25k body bags are going to be needed. Not to mention the load on an already overstressed medical system.
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: If we were all pro-jab here, you'd be anti-jab just to get attention. Apropos of your proclivities, may I suggest a little road trip, instead?
Try me - we'll change sides for some entertainment. ;-) But generally a great way to way to get a handle on the arguments of one's interlocutors.

Although I'm really not entirely in the "pro-jab" camp, though less the heavy-handed policies and behaviours associated with it than vaccination itself. Some evidence to suggest that there are more hypochondriacs among the vaxxed than among the unvaxxed, that there's been more than a little bit of over-reaction by all and sundry. And I've suggested or stated several times that mask mandates and even masks themselves are not particularly effective, helpful, or justified, particularly as the vaccination levels rise.

And I've even suggested several times that as ivermectin actually has some antiviral properties - even if at non-standard dosage levels probably well below the toxic levels - it may well help to improve the outcomes of patients suffering from Covid. Even a marginal improvement may often be sufficient to tip the balance.

In addition, I'm not particularly impressed by the supposed effectiveness of Covid vaccines, and that it seems to decline rather quickly, although they seem typical for flu vaccines and I suppose anything is better than nothing. Clearly there are some serious downsides to them, even if they're rather uncommon. But even that is something of a crap-shoot.

Apropos of which and of earlier "conversations", I recently ran across something about the vaccines being used in the 2009 "pandemic" that suggested that getting vaccinated actually increased the likelihood of coming down with the H1N1 flu:

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/he ... le4530649/

Though it needs to be emphasized that that situation and the methodolgies used were a far-cry from those peddled by some smuck blogger on Substack.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Ger-man man-dates

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Service Dog wrote: Ger-man man-dates

s://i.imgur.com/VwNNMzl.jpg[/img]
That's good news - it leaves all the hairy-pitted, foul personality clunge for drunken squaddies!

Wait, I haven't thought this through...

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

:lol: :roll:

Though what's the "german" connection? This?
and the german cat you rode in on
Memes_Data_Conspiracy_1A.jpg
(78.51 KiB) Downloaded 198 times

Seems like a lot of butthurt in any case. You have anything else in your quiver? Any intellectual honesty to be able to answer my questions?

Did you or did you not say, "AP relies on the similarity of the acronym to 'AIDS'-- to insist that VAIDS must be some form of AIDS"?

Did they or did they not so insist?

In case you or anyone else needs a refresher:

SlymePit_ServiceDog3735_VAIDS_1A.jpg
(120.23 KiB) Downloaded 196 times

https://archive.fo/yC2No

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Let's see... (maybe someone will find this useful, for comparison)

Jan 2-- my temperature went up, but I felt cold. 2 exhausting nights of restless fever exhaustion... but those were the only 'really' bad days.

Then a handful of days-- less severe fever & clenched muscles in my neck, shoulders & around my hip sockets. Tylenol.

And then the muscles eased-up. this thing helped:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Clearance-Pe ... erId=15916

low fever low fever low fever.

And then 3 (?) days of a cough developing. Like I can't clear my throat. Only-occasionally producing phleghm. Shortness-of-breath & light-headed if I exert myself. (which I did anyway-- because the 'cabin fever' was worse.) Cough syrup.

Feels like it's finally ending. But also hanging-on.

I should add-- perhaps the most significant-- many sparse, grey, bleak, lonely dreams. In other words: depression.

GF had symptoms first-- a husky cough since before Christmas. Doesn't help that she still smokes cigarettes-- just one or 2 a day. She never-got as-sick/ but her cough never fully cleared-up.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Steersman wrote: Try me - we'll change sides for some entertainment. But generally a great way to way to get a handle on the arguments of one's interlocutors.
Ok. Here's goes...

[steersman]

Senator Roger Marshall of Kansas left office in January of 2021. Marshall's recent exchange with Dr. Fauci were the actions of an EX-SENATOR. Marshall is no more a Senator than Steersman's mother is a woman!

https://archive.fo/43UfA

Do you admit or deny this is your position, Steersman!? And don't bother denying it-- because I will simply keep asserting that it's true! [/steersman]

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Service Dog wrote:
Steersman wrote: Try me - we'll change sides for some entertainment. But generally a great way to way to get a handle on the arguments of one's interlocutors.
Ok. Here's goes...
Progress! ;-)
Service Dog wrote: [steersman]

Senator Roger Marshall of Kansas left office in January of 2021. Marshall's recent exchange with Dr. Fauci were the actions of an EX-SENATOR. Marshall is no more a Senator than Steersman's mother is a woman!

https://archive.fo/43UfA

https://i.imgur.com/OACe8Fk.png

Do you admit or deny this is your position, Steersman!? And don't bother denying it-- because I will simply keep asserting that it's true! [/steersman]
But what's your point? Where have I claimed that he was or was not a Senator? Seems that all I was doing was quoting/responding to you; it was you who was saying he was a Senator:
Service Dog wrote: ↑
Just days ago, Senator Roger Marshall of Kansas confronted Dr. Fauci in a Congressional hearing-- regarding Fauci's undisclosed financial ties to Daszak and Eco-Health. Refusing to answer Marshall's questions, Fauci's response was to insult, live on mic, the duly-elected Senator tasked with oversight of Fauci's actions. Fauci replied, "What a moron."
https://slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic.ph ... 81#p507681

If I've said that he either was or wasn't and if that is contrary to the facts then I'll cheerfully admit to my error. That's the difference between you and I - generally a bad idea to deny the facts.

But I think you're barking up the wrong tree with that link to the Wikipedia article, although I'll concede that the article and US politics are a bit obscure. Seems he was a Congressman until January of 2021 and then was sworn in as a SENATOR on January 3, 2021:
A member of the Republican Party, he served from 2017 to 2021 as the U.S. representative for Kansas's 1st congressional district ...

On September 7, 2019, he announced his bid for the United States Senate in the 2020 election; he sought the seat being vacated by Pat Roberts. Marshall won the August 4 Republican primary and was elected on November 3, defeating Democratic nominee Barbara Bollier. Marshall was sworn in on January 3, 2021.
Devil's in the details ... ;-)

But, FWIW, my mother is long gone - gawd rest her soul - and certainly can no longer qualify as an "adult human female [produces ova]" - AKA, "woman". Though she, thankfully, did so at least four times.

In any case, sorry to hear you may have Covid - or are suffering from "post-or-long-Covid". You may wish to check out the CDC site for symptoms and related information:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... ptoms.html

John D

Post by John D »

I can confirm that Steer's mother is not a woman. I was with her last night and she assured me she couldn't get pregnant anymore. :cdc:

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

Steersman wrote:
fafnir wrote:
Steersman wrote: er of hospitalizations that was relevant, not the rate. My calculations - based on standard methodology - and that methodology shows that it's the rate.
I haven't seen this - "My calculations - based on standard methodology - and that methodology shows that it's the rate." I've seen you use rate data, but I haven't seen you show that it is the rate that is important.
Why else do you think most health departments - including the one you linked to recently - talk about those rates?
For the same reason that they moved from talking about deaths to talking about infections. It produces numbers that are more helpful to the message.
Steersman wrote: Try reading and thinking about your own source, particularly Table 1. Although it's possible that their numbers for vaccine effectiveness - 90% to 95% for hospitalizations - are from the manufacturers and are based on initial effectiveness and under ideal conditions.
I don't care about these numbers. They are not what is being discussed. There could yet be a sense in which the vaccines are 100% effective. If the bulk of the cases, hospitalisations and deaths are amongst the vaccinated, it's a sense of effective I simply don't care about.

This is exactly the problem with your approach. You throw out numbers that you aren't quite sure what they mean, but you use them anyway.
Steersman wrote: Those rates - the "attack rates" - are used to calculate actual effectiveness that clearly have a great deal of utility.
For some questions and not for others.
Steersman wrote: You have some futher evidence and arguments that might disabuse epidemiologists - not to mention all of the actuarys in all of the insurance bureaus - all across the world of that clearly wrong-head principle and value? :roll:
When talking about whether hospitals are full of unvaccinated covid patients and covid is now a disease of the unvaccinated, the numbers you quote aren't relevant. When talking about whether there should be vaccine mandates, those numbers aren't relevant.
Steersman wrote: But for instance, the CDC results for New York State calculates effectiveness - presumably for reducing hospitalizations - as about 92% to 95%:

CDC_MMWR_NewYork_CovidHospitalizations_1A.jpg
Again, you are quoting data from 6-8 months ago. Why not use fatality data from the peak of the Spanish flu or the black death to really pump the numbers?
Steersman wrote: Assuming the average rates shown for the vaccinated and unvaccinated (0.17 & 2.03), and assuming equal populations of, say, 1 million each and a sample interval of 30 days, that means 10 x 30 (days) x 0.17 = 50 hospitalizations for the vaccinated versus 10 x 30 x 2.03 = 600 hospitalizations for the unvaccinated.
Taking mortality data from the peak of the black death in europe, we can tell that graveyards are currently overflowing. You are using data from 6-8 months ago.
Steersman wrote: So, in comparing those two equal populations, the vaccine has reduced hospitalizations 550/600 or 92%; that is its degree of effectiveness.
Was. If at one point that was the effectiveness, it clearly isn't it's effectiveness today.
Steersman wrote: That is the utility and value of those numbers and that statistical process - it allows us to calculate relative probabilities.
What the relative probabilities were. Also, the claim is about absolute numbers not relative probabilities.
Steersman wrote: About which, as I mentioned, Shermer argues that most people haven't got a clue. Which you seem strangely reluctant to accept - wonder why ... :think: :roll:
Seems like a terribly unfortunate choice that they are using numbers to articulate the effectiveness that you claim most people don't have a clue how to interpret. You twice screwed up the math in putting those relative probabilities into concrete terms.
Steersman wrote:
fafnir wrote:
Steersman wrote: So, of those going to the hospital or the morgue because of Covid, probably 80% of them are the unvaccinated and 20% the vaccinated. Feeling lucky? :roll:
No, again either your understanding of math isn't up to the task, or you are trying some sort of clumsy bait and switch. I've already posted the data from this report on the numbers of people being hospitalised and dying of covid. It's mostly vaccinated people. You taking rate data and then using wrong maths to turn it into wrong hospitalisation and death data doesn't change that.
Ok, I'll stand corrected there; mea culpa, shoot me at dawn.
Right, so do you agree now that the data being used to claim covid is a disease of the unvaccinated and hospitals are being overwhelmed by covid patients, almost all of whom are unvaccinated, doesn't actually show that?
Steersman wrote: I too was confusing or conflating the rate with the actual populations which are dependent on the number of "trials".
Easily done, which is why it's so odd that rate data, and often old rate data, is being used to claim hospitals are being overwhelmed.
Steersman wrote:
fafnir wrote:
Steersman wrote: But, given those quite recent statistics which you helpfully provided ..., who do you think is causing the most strain on the medical system there in the UK? And is likely to be doing so for some time, given that overall uptake rate is only 63%.
Most of the emergency covid patients and deaths are amongst the vaccinated. The articles you keep quoting claiming otherwise are lying using the same techniques you are using. Covid isn't a disease of the unvaccinated, and hospitals are not full of unvaccinated covid patients. Those claims are lies.
Sure; there may be more of the vaccinated than the unvaccinated. But so what?
Then covid isn't "now a disease of the unvaccinated" and there isn't any widespread issue of hospitals being overwhelmed by covid patients, almost all of whom are unvaccinated. These are lies that are being pushed to demonize the unvaccinated for keeping the pandemic going, blame them for the negative side effects of government covid policy and apply social pressure on them to get vaccinated.
Steersman wrote: That there maybe now more of the vaccinated in some hospitals than the unvaccinated
Given that it's regional and national data that we have been looking at.... it's presumably going to be most not some. In as much as these claims have any factual basis, the media and politicians are doing what they have done through the entire crisis and taken outlier cases at one extreme of the distribution and tried to equivocate them into exemplifying the state of the whole system. You don't lock down an entire country because one hospital is overcrowded.
Steersman wrote: , particularly in areas where the vaccination rates are more than 70% or so, does not at all change the rate at which the vaccinated and vaccinated fill up the hospitals.
Albino midgits may be filling up hospitals at a grossly disproportionate rate, but since the absolute numbers are low, it doesn't matter. With rate data you can make it seem like a crisis, even when the absolute number of patients is low. With 6-8 month old rate data, you can make it seem like the vaccine is still effective.
Steersman wrote: And even your UK statistics show, consistent with those different rates, that the unvaccinated are disproportionate percentages of those in the hospitals and the morgues with Covid:
Maybe, but that is a different claim to the one about covid being a disease of the unvaccinated, or hospitals being overwhelmed by covid patients, most of whom are unvaccinated. That claim is a lie.
Steersman wrote: Excluding the partially vaccinated, I calculate that there were about 4000 of the unvaccinated that went into UK hospitals for Covid over a 4 week period (?) while there were some 5300 of the vaccinated who did so.
Right, so the unvaccinated are a bit over represented, but nothing wild. I said that earlier. Are the NHS really going to be overwhelmed by another couple of hundred not very sick patients a week? Thinking about it, the table you are quoting seems to be people who tested positive, not people who are in hospital because of covid... so split the difference and call it an extra hundred not very sick patients a week across the whole of the NHS.
Steersman wrote: So, as a rough estimate, 40% of those "overwhelming" the hospitals are the unvaccinated versus 60% of the vaccinated. Wonder what you think those in each of those groups might have done to not have contributed to that state ... :think: :roll:
Contributed to what state? Hospitals not being overwhelmed? In as much as they are crowded, I'd say it was mainly the old, the overweight and the chronically ill. Maybe rather than camps for the unvaxed, we could have camps for the unfit and force them to go on the One Punch Man exercise programme? Healthy unvaxed people aren't ending up in hospital in even the feeble numbers we are talking about here. For some reason there is some mad push to make the lives of the healthy unvaxed impossible in parts of the US, Canada and Australia and force them to take a vaccine that doesn't reduce the spread, and if they are healthy, isn't going to do much to keep them out of hospital with covid since there chance of ending up there is already tiny.

Perhaps the society of the future will take the view that if your lifestyle means you are a standard deviation off the mean burden to the system of your fellows, then it will be the business of the state to induce you to change. That seems to be the argument behind forcing people to take the vax due to increased burden on healthcare. Why would that argument be limited to just the vax? I don't like the precedent.
Steersman wrote: Talking about whether "Covid [is or] isn't a disease of the unvaccinated" is something of a red herring. Who is contributing most to that state of affairs and why is the issue.
No, the issue is that the media and politicians you keep quoting keep lying. Also, if hospitals are not in fact being overwhelmed, looking at rate data to determine who is to blame for them being overwhelmed is a red herring. You also exclude staffing shortages due to the covid policy if you jump straight to rate data. Step 1 is establishing that hospitals are in fact overflowing with covid patients.

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

John D wrote: I can confirm that Steer's mother is not a woman. I was with her last night and she assured me she couldn't get pregnant anymore. :cdc:
The important thing is that you made her feel like a woman, and at the end of the day, isn't that the same thing?

John D

Post by John D »

Weaponized autism.

I clearly view the world differently than many other people. I watch all sorts of media to get my "news". NPR, PBS, Fox, CNN, and tons of independents... Viva Frei, Tim Pool, Styx, Glen Lowry, etc....etc... What becomes clear is that things are usually pretty complicated.

My wife sometimes watches the news with me and will ask a question... like... What is going on with this Covington Kid thing? Well, my answer inevitably turns into a discussion. I can't just simplify the answer. She usually yells at me. She says.... "Can't you give a simple yes or no kind of answer?" And... I will end up saying... "No... I can't."

But... my wife wants it simple. Just a yes or no. Just tell me the answer (and if I don't like your answer I retain the right to call you a bigot).

and she is pretty much typical as far as I can tell. We can all complain about "the media" or "the politicians", but really... it is the people that are the problem. Most people forget that they were lied too even after one week... and then they believe the new story... as if the new story is now somehow true.

My neighbor thinks her N95 mask is a Covid bullet proof vest...haha. She was bragging about going to church and hugging everyone because she was wearing her mask. and... I said... "You know... masks don't really work that well, including the N95." And she says "No... it is cloth masks that don't work. I have an N95 mask." Haha. So... somehow the doctors were all wrong about cloth masks...but... in her mind they must now be right about N95 masks. Whatever. I don't care that much if she gets sick.

Watching the news media is kind of like watching porn. You can't really do anything. You are just watching and you occasionally get off. But... you still watch. Anyway... just a thought.

Some Covid observations:

1) The jab does appear to lower the risk of severe disease, even for the Omicron variant
2) The jab has all sorts of negative side affects that are not being discussed, because the jab is being promoted as the only way to end the Coof.
3) The jab only provides some short term "energy" to the T-cell response. The only way to maintain the high level of T-cell response to the spike protein is to get the jab over and over and over. Something like every 4-6 months.
4) Hospitals are very busy because they have staff shortages, have to separate Coof positive people, and have a surge of Omicron cases.

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

John D wrote: and she is pretty much typical as far as I can tell. We can all complain about "the media" or "the politicians", but really... it is the people that are the problem. Most people forget that they were lied too even after one week... and then they believe the new story... as if the new story is now somehow true.
Agree with you on this. The problem has been known since classical Greece. It's hard to imagine a fix for it. A few days ago I read James Burnham's The Machiavellians. If you haven't read it, you might like it. It talks about Machiavelli and later realist political philosophers and the implications of real world, non-idealistic truths like most people are not smart enough, or interested enough, or informed enough to pay attention to politics. One of Burnam's claims in that and The Managerial Revolution is that democracy, in the sense that it is popularly imagined, is just a useful illusion that justified the transition from rule by Feudal Lords, to rule by rich merchants. The great mass of ordinary people were no more put into power by that process than your average Russian was put into power by the means of production being seized in his name.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Steersman wrote: But, FWIW, my mother is long gone - gawd rest her soul - and certainly can no longer qualify as an "adult human female [produces ova]" - AKA, "woman". Though she, thankfully, did so at least four times.
So much for arguing the other side.

In any case, sorry to hear you may have Covid - or are suffering from "post-or-long-Covid". You may wish to check out the CDC site for symptoms and related information:
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... ptoms.html
Thanks. Today is the 14th day since onset of symptoms... not-really a 'long covid' timespan.

Here's the 1st place your link lands, Steers:

That CDC website is oddly out-of-date. "You Had One Job, CDC. ONE. JOB." ...being up-to-date about the spread of disease:

To deal with Omicron, the website should just say, "So, you're having trouble breathing? If you're the sort of person who-- before you caught this bug-- could NOT run once around the block... without inducing a health emergency. Or if you could NOT carry a large bag of laundry up 3 flights of stairs... without gasping for air & falling to the floor & taking days to recover... well, then, this additional slight impairment of your breathing is going to require a whole-lotta medical technology & highly-trained personnel to reduce your discomfort. Six bucks worth of anti-inflammatory Horse Paste might also have done the trick. But that seems like the sort of thing Trump might have endorsed, so we can't allow that. Please take comfort in knowing that no one's actually dying of this variant... but your baseline ill-health is indistinguishable from the early-stages of a person dying, so the medical system will gladly do all sorts of billable stuff, 'just to be sure'.

Deeper in the CDC site, one can find this:
https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracke ... roportions

The big pink arrow was added by me. As a YOU ARE HERE marker. Because for sooooome strange reason, that CDC website repeatedly presents data circa December 8th, 2021... as-if that were the last available information.

Might as well poke-out your right eye & ignore anything after that pink arrow. It's just Delta Variant Time, forever-forward.

We have always been at war with Eastasia.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

fafnir wrote:
John D wrote: ↑
and she is pretty much typical as far as I can tell. We can all complain about "the media" or "the politicians", but really... it is the people that are the problem. Most people forget that they were lied too even after one week... and then they believe the new story... as if the new story is now somehow true.
Agree with you on this. The problem has been known since classical Greece. It's hard to imagine a fix for it. A few days ago I read James Burnham's The Machiavellians. If you haven't read it, you might like it. It talks about Machiavelli and later realist political philosophers and the implications of real world, non-idealistic truths like most people are not smart enough, or interested enough, or informed enough to pay attention to politics. One of Burnam's claims in that and The Managerial Revolution is that democracy, in the sense that it is popularly imagined, is just a useful illusion that justified the transition from rule by Feudal Lords, to rule by rich merchants. The great mass of ordinary people were no more put into power by that process than your average Russian was put into power by the means of production being seized in his name.
I think this perspective is valuable, but it's only the glass-half-empty part of the story.

If the public are indeed a bunch of idiots-- incapable of actually comprehending the workings of society--

then how-is-it that the last hundred years turned-out pretty-good for all those hapless idiots, here in the USofA?

I contend that an ill-equipped idiot who-was fortunate-enough to be born into this nice-place-to-live ...is capable of being a defender of our nice-way-of-life... even-if the idiot is motivated by a preference for the familiar/ rather than some high-minded understanding.

If you had a grandfather-- and he took you deer hunting as an adolescent-- then you might be emotionally attached to such things as grandfathers and hunting... and want to replicate the pattern for your own grandson.

Lately-- a bunch of progressive meddlers... tamperers... have been messing with the winning formula. Institutions such as the Boy Scouts of America were dragged-down & drowned. I think a backlash is coming. I hope so. I don't think it will be based-on a clearheaded understanding of what's-important & why. I think it will be a monkey-see-monkey-do cargo-cult sort of thing. A re-enactment of something half-remembered & half-understood... and however-well that works is what we'll get. Maybe that will be 'enough' to sustain a pretty-good legacy, maybe not.

It's also gonna contain a lot of ignorant buttheaded reactionary hateful spiteful know-nothing nonsense. Which will be both a 'bug' and a partial 'feature'. Maybe a bunch of college professors & educated jews & ... I dunno... Justin Vacula?.. will all be indiscriminately hung in the town square. Buggy as hell. But the 'feature' aspect of it-- will be the sheer unwillingness to play according to the ruling-elite's terms. Joe Sixpack can't hope to out-talk an attorney from The Federalist Society, or a Soros-funded Social Justice prosecutor, or a mouthpiece from the CDC, or pedophilia-apologist writing for The Atlantic. But hanging one from the flagpole in front of the grade school... is an effective conversation-ender.

It's gonna be ugly. I have zero intention of participating. But it seems like an elegant 'you reap what you sow' to me. I hope it all works out for the best, in the end.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Service Dog wrote: Ger-man man-dates

Considering how The Merkel's immigration policies have fucked Germany in the ass, this is basically true in the broader sense.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Let's see if a twitter link works:

https://nitter.net/RepThomasMassie/stat ... 85014281#m

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

Service Dog wrote:
fafnir wrote:
John D wrote: ↑
I think this perspective is valuable, but it's only the glass-half-empty part of the story.

If the public are indeed a bunch of idiots-- incapable of actually comprehending the workings of society--

then how-is-it that the last hundred years turned-out pretty-good for all those hapless idiots, here in the USofA?
I don't see how those two things are incompatible. Medieval peasants had a pretty good time after the black death, but that isn't because they were smart, had any kind of plan or were in charge. In classical Rome, even the plebs benefited from Rome's success. In neither case were those societies run by, or primarily in the interests of those groups. The US was growing fast for two centuries and spent the 20th Century as the richest and most powerful country ever to exist. A rising tide like that naturally raises any boats that are remotely capable of floating.
Service Dog wrote: I contend that an ill-equipped idiot who-was fortunate-enough to be born into this nice-place-to-live ...is capable of being a defender of our nice-way-of-life... even-if the idiot is motivated by a preference for the familiar/ rather than some high-minded understanding.
Sure, and somebody who was born into a comfortable position in medieval society would have defended that as well.
Service Dog wrote: If you had a grandfather-- and he took you deer hunting as an adolescent-- then you might be emotionally attached to such things as grandfathers and hunting... and want to replicate the pattern for your own grandson.
Probably.
Service Dog wrote: Lately-- a bunch of progressive meddlers... tamperers... have been messing with the winning formula. Institutions such as the Boy Scouts of America were dragged-down & drowned. I think a backlash is coming. I hope so. I don't think it will be based-on a clearheaded understanding of what's-important & why. I think it will be a monkey-see-monkey-do cargo-cult sort of thing. A re-enactment of something half-remembered & half-understood... and however-well that works is what we'll get. Maybe that will be 'enough' to sustain a pretty-good legacy, maybe not.
So the James Burnham claim was that you have shifts that take place in history between one ruling elite and another. So at the end of the middle ages, you have the nobility giving way to the merchants and bankers (capitalists). Each elite has their self justifying myths and ideas about what is good. Medieval Europe had ideas like the divine right of kings, hierarchy with obedience owed to those above and protection owed to those below. You had a place in the great chain of being. With the merchants all of a sudden the early universities start saying that property rights, and individual liberty are important and that there is no intrinsic difference between nobles and ordinary folk.

What he claimed was that beginning with the end of WW1 you had a new shift going on from the capitalists to the managers. Instead of Henry Ford making the decisions in the company that he owns, you more and more have managers making the decisions and the shares in the company being owned by Blackrock. In Marxist terms, the capitalists are becoming alienated from the means of production. I think he would say that many of the things you are complaining about are just ideas that underpin the rule of the managers - safety over liberty, wanting to label, categorise and measure people, valuing uniformity and predictability.
Service Dog wrote: It's also gonna contain a lot of ignorant buttheaded reactionary hateful spiteful know-nothing nonsense. Which will be both a 'bug' and a partial 'feature'. Maybe a bunch of college professors & educated jews & ... I dunno... Justin Vacula?.. will all be indiscriminately hung in the town square. Buggy as hell. But the 'feature' aspect of it-- will be the sheer unwillingness to play according to the ruling-elite's terms. Joe Sixpack can't hope to out-talk an attorney from The Federalist Society, or a Soros-funded Social Justice prosecutor, or a mouthpiece from the CDC, or pedophilia-apologist writing for The Atlantic. But hanging one from the flagpole in front of the grade school... is an effective conversation-ender.
Sure, if all the Joe Sixpacks actually get themselves organised to do this. Some rogue elite group would need to come along and lead them, maybe Trumpian, who knows. The Burnham claim would be that some type of managerialism, whether it's the Chinese version, or the US has some kind of historical inevitability about it. Back in 1941 he was arguing that this was because of the greater ability to wage total war, maybe that is less of an issue now. If we are looking at it from the Bill Gates/Davos perspective... the claim would be that the managerial state allows for better planning for the future, allows you to solve tragedy of the commons type issues (climate change being the obvious example regardless of what ones position might be), and allows for the "fairer" allocation of resources. Those are the myths of the Brave New World.

Maybe one thinks that they are going to fail in all this and liberal capitalism will continue, but you have governments, the military, universities, international organisations and antifa morons etc... all kind of moving in things in this managerial direction. What are the solutions to every crisis - government programmes that increase managerial power.
Service Dog wrote: It's gonna be ugly. I have zero intention of participating. But it seems like an elegant 'you reap what you sow' to me. I hope it all works out for the best, in the end.
Ditto. If Burnham is right, a couple of hundred years from now, some future Service Dog will look back at these primitive times and think about all the terrible cruelties that our obsession with individual liberty and property rights allowed that could have all been so easily avoided if we had only handed over our freedom to a wise manager in return for safety and equality, of a sort. Isn't that kind of what is going on with Covid? Old ideas ethics and a good society are in a battle with newer ones.

One interesting bit of info. Burnham predicted a world or the future where three great managerial states would span the globe. Orwell had read Burnham before writing 1984.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

The Editorial board of the Salt Lake City Tribune is singing that Burnham tune, this week, calling for a manager in the CCP mold:

"Were Utah a truly civilized place, the governor’s next move would be to find a way to mandate the kind of mass vaccination campaign we should have launched a year ago, going as far as to deploy the National Guard to ensure that people without proof of vaccination would not be allowed, well, anywhere." https://archive.fo/NM2cC#selection-271.0-274.0

I don't think the current crop of managers is very-good at their job.

Burnham's thesis will still 'win', if today's managers all end-up beheaded & some Warhammer 40k alt-right Americunt wave of managers rises-up... a batch not-even on the playing-field yet.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

fafnir wrote: Ditto. If Burnham is right, a couple of hundred years from now, some future Service Dog will look back at these primitive times and think about all the terrible cruelties that our obsession with individual liberty and property rights allowed that could have all been so easily avoided if we had only handed over our freedom to a wise manager in return for safety and equality, of a sort.
Ready, willing, and able...

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

Service Dog wrote: I don't think the current crop of managers is very-good at their job.
Depends on how you look at it. They seem to be pretty good at taking over institutions and making them part of the hive. If an old artisan who could make a car by himself looked at the workers on Ford's production line, he might not have been very impressed with them either.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

John D wrote: I can confirm that Steer's mother is not a woman. I was with her last night and she assured me she couldn't get pregnant anymore. :cdc:
:roll: You had a seance with her? Hauled out ye olde ouija board did you? Was it at least good for you? :roll:

Because she's been dead and buried for over a decade, cremated actually, ashes scattered far and wide on a local lake.

If y'all want to try unhorsing me then you need to up your games, start showing a bit more intellectual honesty. Which seems rather thin on the ground with neither Fafnir nor Service Dog being able to face facts, to acknowledge when they've been caught blowing smoke out of their arses. Even if they are periodically right - maybe even once or twice a day.

But somewhat more particularly, you all might want to address various manifestations of the "mind virus" that Fafnir talked about, notably the tendency to turn abstractions - like category names like "species" and "female" for several more or less random examples ... - into real things. Reification writ large. Kind of the difference between nominalism and realism:
In metaphysics, nominalism is the view that universals and abstract objects do not actually exist other than being merely names or labels.[1][2] There are at least two main versions of nominalism.
Philosophical principles do often have a great deal of value and utility, something that one would think that traditionalists, at least the less doctrinaire and dogmatic ones in any case, would rise to defend.

But, somewhat apropos of various "mind viruses" and since you and your "old lady" were talking about Shrier's "Irreversible Damage", y'all might be interested in her recent Substack article on The Cynics and The Believers:

https://abigailshrier.substack.com/p/wh ... medium=web

On just a quick skim so far, it's probably something of a false dichotomy, but some merit in her arguments.

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

This post is best read in the voice of Gilbert Gottfried.

I would like the Pit to know that I will henceforth be reading all Steersman's posts in a Gilbert Gottfried voice.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Service Dog wrote:
Steersman wrote: But, FWIW, my mother is long gone - gawd rest her soul - and certainly can no longer qualify as an "adult human female [produces ova]" - AKA, "woman". Though she, thankfully, did so at least four times.
So much for arguing the other side.
Think you're unclear on the concept - a great of them in fact.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man#Steelmanning
Service Dog wrote:
Here's the 1st place your link lands, Steers:
https://i.imgur.com/yYyGDUZ.png

That CDC website is oddly out-of-date. "You Had One Job, CDC. ONE. JOB." ...being up-to-date about the spread of disease:

https://i.imgur.com/XQwV3oY.png
What a fucking intellectually dishonest cretin. Even John D. recognizes that "the jab does appear to lower the risk of severe disease, even for the Omicron variant". Maybe you would not have been suffering from Covid - presumably - if you had simply bitten the bullet and gotten the jab - assuming you hadn't already done so which seems unlikely.

But you might reflect on Shrier's recent post - and a related aphorism:
How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? and the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge?
More particularly:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... riant.html
Omicron in the United States

CDC is working with state and local public health officials to monitor the spread of Omicron. As of December 20, 2021, Omicron has been detected in most states and territories and is rapidly increasing the proportion of COVID-19 cases it is causing.
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... break.html
Since its identification in November 2021 1, the Omicron variant has been reported in South Africa, Botswana and numerous countries where it is driving rapid epidemic growth. In the U.S., the variant has been found in the majority of U.S. states (2). The Omicron variant is increasing in the percent of circulating SARS-Cov-2 viruses in the United States 3. S-gene Target Failure (SGTF) is a marker for identifying Omicron cases.
Barely more than two months since Omicron was identified - probably takes some time to accumulate the statistics and respond to them. Simply throwing stones at the CDC - four legs good, two legs bad - because one website page may or may not be out-of-date, because you have your knickers in twist doesn't seem particularly wise.

You tend to shoot more from the lip than from any deep knowledge of anything, statistics in particular. Your bullshit "analogy" with SENATOR Marshall was based on a sloppy or motivated misreading of the Wikipedia article - which you don't seem prepared to acknowledge. As was your cretinous misreading of the AP article which you - quite helpfully - archived. But doubling-down on clueless arguments seems to be your forte.

Any plans afoot to acknowledge that you were peddling fake news and egregious misinformation with your cretinous claim that "AP relies on the similarity of the acronym to 'AIDS'-- to insist that VAIDS must be some form of AIDS"? :roll:

(120.23 KiB) Downloaded 151 times

We all make mistakes; we're not likely to have much progress if we're unable to acknowledge them. But maybe progress isn't an objective that many people are keen about - even if they take advantage of the tangible benefits while attempting to discount or repudiate the principles that undergird them and many others.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Eleanor Holmes Norton Has History of Bad Parking Jobs

Per our source, a seemingly average winter day in 2006 took a turn for the worse once [13-term Congresswoman Eleanor Holmes] Norton showed up on the scene. “I was standing on the corner waiting to cross the street of 12th and G St. NW in DC when a car pulled up and parked right in front of me,” the tipster recounted via email.

“The car didn’t just block me from crossing, it completely blocked the handicap ramp,” the stunned observer said of the brazen motorist who nonchalantly mounted the curb that February morning.

No longer able to continue along his intended path, the tipster stayed put until the driver emerged from the shoddily stationed vehicle.

“I recognized the person as soon as she came out and started to walk across the street,” the onlooker stated. He was rather shocked when Norton popped out and hustled across the way.

“As she continued walking several people recognized her and she waved back as she went inside the Hecht Co. which is now Macys,” the source said of the purported Presidents Day shopping trip (per the time stamp on the tipster’s vintage photos).

What was even more bizarre, at least to the tipster, was that no one else seemed to bat an eyelash.

“There was a female meter/ticket person standing near me and when I looked at her she shrugged and shook her head and did nothing,” our source said of the disinterest paid to the glaringly obvious parking violation.

“As bad as it is to illegally park in a [handicapped] space, this is much worse because she blocked access to any wheel chair that day,” the tipster fumed, adding. “If a person in a wheel chair needed to cross they would have to go down the ramp on the 12th street side into traffic.”

The initial shock — “I remember thinking at first she must be just getting out of the car for a quick second, and then she just kept walking and then crossed over 12th street towards Hecht’s,” the tipster wrote — gave way to full-on rage as time marched on.

“After coming back from my meeting which was about 30-to-45 minutes, the car was still there,” the source shared. “I remember then and now how atrocious that was.”

The tipster attempted to call the offensive maneuver to the attention of local media back then, but doesn’t recall seeing a big stink about it anywhere.

Which is why, even though it’s been nine years, he felt compelled to dig up the past in the hopes that Norton doesn’t get away with similar infractions in the future.

“I’d love to hear her reason for this one,” the tipster told HOH. “But I’m guessing she’s not going to remember it and [it’s] not the only time she’s done this.”

A Norton spokesman declined to comment about her driving history.

John D

Post by John D »

Steers.... I fucked your mother in my dreams last night. She visited me, in all of my manhood, and I spoke to her in the voice of Gilbert Gottfried... Open your gapping ass to me you slut!

(did I mention that my daughter's trans-male boyfriend sounds like Gilbert. It is the testosterone. All those trans-men sound like that.)

Fucking strange world.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. celebrated his birthday today-- by assassinating Steersman's mom's throat.

Then George Floyd impacted her colon.

Biden watched.

AP fact-checkers confirm-- Steersman's mom now has VAIDS.
And full-blown AIDS OF THE BUTT. <--that's the worst kind.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

fafnir wrote:
Steersman wrote:
Why else do you think most health departments - including the one you linked to recently - talk about those rates?
For the same reason that they moved from talking about deaths to talking about infections. It produces numbers that are more helpful to the message.
Who? Where? How? And your evidence for that is what? Something else you've pulled out of your arse? :roll:

You make all of these pretty much entirely unevidenced claims and "think" they should be taken as gospel truth. Other ways of knowing, I guess, eh? :roll:

As Mark Twain put it:
“We all do no end of feeling, and we mistake it for thinking. It is held in reverence. Some think it the voice of God.”
Or "tradition" - AKA, the apotheosis of the collective.
fafnir wrote: This is exactly the problem with your approach. You throw out numbers that you aren't quite sure what they mean, but you use them anyway.
What unmitigated and intellectually dishonest horse shit.

Are the numbers I quoted accurate? Is there a mistake in the calculation process I went through or not? Where? How? :roll:
fafnir wrote:
Steersman wrote: But for instance, the CDC results for New York State calculates effectiveness - presumably for reducing hospitalizations - as about 92% to 95%:

CDC_MMWR_NewYork_CovidHospitalizations_1A.jpg
Again, you are quoting data from 6-8 months ago. Why not use fatality data from the peak of the Spanish flu or the black death to really pump the numbers?
Another cretinous argument.

My objective was to show the calculation process - as per the Wikipedia article, to show how one gets from differences in rates to estimates of vaccine effectiveness. Which - whether you want to talk about them or not - are of some relevance to any number of social policies.

But the principles are the same whether the data is from yesterday or 50 years ago. A concept you seem totally clueless about or refuse to even consider.
fafnir wrote:
Steersman wrote: About which, as I mentioned, Shermer argues that most people haven't got a clue. Which you seem strangely reluctant to accept - wonder why ... :think: :roll:
Seems like a terribly unfortunate choice that they are using numbers to articulate the effectiveness that you claim most people don't have a clue how to interpret. You twice screwed up the math in putting those relative probabilities into concrete terms.
Who the fuck are you talking about with "they"? Where and what specifically?

That cretinous Substack blogger who plotted vaccination rates against infection rate and more or less claimed that vaccinations cause infections? :roll:

You seriously think that that is a credible or justified use of statistical principles? That that isn't evidence that too many haven't a clue? Particularly among those who should know better. You have any clue at all about them yourself? Sure doesn't look like it.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

John D wrote: Steers.... I fucked your mother in my dreams last night. She visited me, in all of my manhood, and I spoke to her in the voice of Gilbert Gottfried... Open your gapping ass to me you slut!

(did I mention that my daughter's trans-male boyfriend sounds like Gilbert. It is the testosterone. All those trans-men sound like that.)

Fucking strange world.
:roll: And your mother wears army boots ...

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Service Dog wrote: Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. celebrated his birthday today-- by assassinating Steersman's mom's throat.

Then George Floyd impacted her colon.

Biden watched.

https://youtu.be/YeoS6frBEyE

AP fact-checkers confirm-- Steersman's mom now has VAIDS.
And full-blown AIDS OF THE BUTT. <--that's the worst kind.
:roll: And your mother wears army boots too - my kinda gal (a live one, probably) ... :roll:

Any plans afoot to find some lost intellectual honesty - if you ever had any - and admit that you were blowing smoke out of your arse with your bullshit and cretinous claim that "AP relies on the similarity of the acronym to 'AIDS'-- to insist that VAIDS must be some form of AIDS"? :roll:

(120.23 KiB) Downloaded 139 times

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

I answered this question several days ago. Your response was to <snip> my reply & keep asking the same question. Utterly inane.

Steersman wrote:
Service Dog wrote: <obfuscations snipped>
:roll:

Did you or did you not say, "AP relies on the similarity of the acronym to "AIDS"-- to insist that VAIDS must be some form of AIDS"?

Think you're up to answering a simple question or two there sport? :roll:

http://slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php ... 51#p507742

I looked back-at the AP fact-check. It matched my prior recollection. So my opinion remains the same.

No need for me to cut & paste my prior reply... so that you can spam the exact-same response.

That's even-lower than your usual antics.

https://i.imgur.com/8E2dvR2.png

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Steersman wrote: :roll: And your mother wears army boots ...
Heh...not heard that one for years! A true classic!

My first ever Troop corporal, a very long-in-the-tooth old bastard, had a long line in strange insults and sayings that he'd trot out whilst propping up the Squadron bar of an evening:

"Your mother is a Russian weight lifter"
"Your father is built like a whippet's cock"
"No wonder your mother smokes tramps"
"I pumped your sister and her rotten cunt killed my genital warts"
"Your sister is your father"

I think he might have been the first person I heard using the army boots line :)

Oh, and the last I heard, he married into Danish nobility. Seriously...

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Bhurzum wrote:

My first ever Troop corporal, a very long-in-the-tooth old bastard, had a long line in strange insults and sayings that he'd trot out whilst propping up the Squadron bar of an evening:

I think he might have been the first person I heard using the army boots line :)

My Lebanese boss taught me how to say, 'go fuck the guy who's fucking your sister' in whatever dumbfuck language they speak in Lebanon, but I've forgotten most of it....

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Tranny pedo rapes little girl in public bathroom. LA's pinko DA wants to go easy on zir.

Totally not a trend among trannies. Don't even think it, you transphobes!!!

https://www.breitbart.com/crime/2022/01 ... -juvenile/

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Bhurzum wrote:
:-) Remember hearing it several decades ago, probably before the Internet really got on track, and using it several times without really understanding what it meant - could have been "problematic" if I'd used it in a bar.

But a couple of others there worth remembering. :-)

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Service Dog wrote: I answered this question several days ago. Your response was to <snip> my reply & keep asking the same question. Utterly inane.

Steersman wrote:
Service Dog wrote: <obfuscations snipped>
:roll:

Did you or did you not say, "AP relies on the similarity of the acronym to "AIDS"-- to insist that VAIDS must be some form of AIDS"?

Think you're up to answering a simple question or two there sport? :roll:

http://slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php ... 51#p507742

I looked back-at the AP fact-check. It matched my prior recollection. So my opinion remains the same.

No need for me to cut & paste my prior reply... so that you can spam the exact-same response.

That's even-lower than your usual antics.

https://i.imgur.com/8E2dvR2.png
Your "prior recollections" aren't worth a pinch of coon shit.

Did you say that "AP relies on the similarity of the acronym to 'AIDS'-- to insist that VAIDS must be some form of AIDS" or not?

Did they do so?

My so-called "usual antics" aren't the problem or the issue. It's that you're a flat-out liar.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Tranny pedo rapes little girl in public bathroom. LA's pinko DA wants to go easy on zir.

Totally not a trend among trannies. Don't even think it, you transphobes!!!

https://www.breitbart.com/crime/2022/01 ... -juvenile/
Breitbart are part of the problem in using "transgender woman":

Breitbart_Pollak_GeorgeGascon_1A.jpg
(85.2 KiB) Downloaded 124 times

Particularly as they're a bunch of gutless wonders for apparently deleting my comment:

https://www.breitbart.com/crime/2022/01 ... 5696372422

You may have seen the recent Mess We're In from Linehan and Company where they apparently discuss, briefly in any case, the egregious case of putting male transvestites into women's prisons. That's the result of loosey-goosey definitions, of refusing to call a spade a shovel.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Bhurzum wrote:

Oh I say!

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

9 Steersman posts in 4 days. This is not dialogue. This is spam:

1by Steersman
Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:30 pm
"Pray tell, exactly where in the original of that EMA video (below) does its head, Marco Cavaleri, say that "VAXXXINES and BOOSTERS will and do cause VACCINE VAIDS" (!!11!!)?"

by Service Dog » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:55 pm
"AP relies on the similarity of the acronym to "AIDS"-- to insist that VAIDS must be some form of AIDS. Then AP jousts their own strawman. AP also quotes a definition which is not dependent on HIV/AIDS in any way: "gradual destruction of the human immune system by vaccines.” Do you dispute anything Dr. Cavaleri said? I don't care whether the term "VAIDS" is applied or not. All that is just you & the AP fact-checkers dancing around the edges. If you disagree with Dr. Cavaleri, say so. Otherwise-- you're just bloviating.

2 by Steersman
Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:10 am
"They most certainly did not "insist that VAIDS must be some form of AIDS". 

3 by Steersman
Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:41 pm
"Did you or did you not say, "AP relies on the similarity of the acronym to "AIDS"-- to insist that VAIDS must be some form of AIDS"?
Think you're up to answering a simple question or two there sport?"

4 by Steersman
Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:32 pm
"BTW, any plans afoot to answer my questions about your claims about AP & VAIDS?"

by Service Dog » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:42 pm
I've answered this. ....
Rather than engage with my actual claim, you want to dwell on the AP's inane 'fact-check'.

5 by Steersman
Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:18 pm
Did you or did you not say, "AP relies on the similarity of the acronym to "AIDS"-- to insist that VAIDS must be some form of AIDS"?

6 by Steersman
Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:10 am
"Did you or did you not say, "AP relies on the similarity of the acronym to 'AIDS'-- to insist that VAIDS must be some form of AIDS"?

7 by Steersman
Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:24 pm
Any plans afoot to acknowledge that you were peddling fake news and egregious misinformation with your cretinous claim that "AP relies on the similarity of the acronym to 'AIDS'-- to insist that VAIDS must be some form of AIDS"? 

8 by Steersman
Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:32 pm
“admit that you were blowing smoke out of your arse with your bullshit and cretinous claim that "AP relies on the similarity of the acronym to 'AIDS'-- to insist that VAIDS must be some form of AIDS"? 

by Service Dog » Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:31 pm
I answered this question several days ago. Your response was to <snip> my reply & keep asking the same question....
I looked back-at the AP fact-check. https://i.imgur.com/8E2dvR2.png It matched my prior recollection. So my opinion remains the same.

9 by Steersman
Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:17 am
“Did you say that "AP relies on the similarity of the acronym to 'AIDS'-- to insist that VAIDS must be some form of AIDS" or not?”

Keating

Post by Keating »

Are you saying you want to steerz back to the original direction? (I've been waiting for 63 pages to make this terrible pun)

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Service Dog wrote:
9 Steersman posts in 4 days. This is not dialogue. This is spam:

1by Steersman
Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:30 pm
"Pray tell, exactly where in the original of that EMA video (below) does its head, Marco Cavaleri, say that "VAXXXINES and BOOSTERS will and do cause VACCINE VAIDS" (!!11!!)?"

by Service Dog » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:55 pm
"AP relies on the similarity of the acronym to "AIDS"-- to insist that VAIDS must be some form of AIDS. Then AP jousts their own strawman. AP also quotes a definition which is not dependent on HIV/AIDS in any way: "gradual destruction of the human immune system by vaccines.” Do you dispute anything Dr. Cavaleri said? I don't care whether the term "VAIDS" is applied or not. All that is just you & the AP fact-checkers dancing around the edges. If you disagree with Dr. Cavaleri, say so. Otherwise-- you're just bloviating.

Pretty colours ... :roll:

Though I doubt you would recognize dialogue if you fell over it:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dialogue

But such of lot of wasted and useless effort just to avoid answering a simple question: did AP actually "insist that VAIDS must be some form of AIDS"? Where? Exactly?

You're so quick to connect a bunch of dots - conspiracy theory 101 - that you never stop to read and think about what you're quoting and whether they justify the "conclusion", the "unicorn" you've created:

Memes_Data_Conspiracy_1A.jpg
(78.51 KiB) Downloaded 101 times

But for instance, if you could try getting your head out of your arse and actually read that AP post then you would see that they most certainly do not "insist that VAIDS must be some form of AIDS". Look closely at what they've said:
CLAIM: COVID-19 vaccines are causing a new illness called “VAIDS,” short for vaccine acquired immunodeficiency syndrome.

.... Widely circulating Twitter and Reddit posts falsely identified VAIDS as an emerging condition that is “similar to AIDS but caused by the C19 jabs.” .... A blogger identified only as “Jack” also claimed to have coined the term, writing on Nov. 23 that “sometimes, a situation calls for the creation of a brand new term,” and defining it as the “gradual destruction of the human immune system by vaccines.”
They are not even saying "VAIDS must be some form of AIDS", much less insisting on it. They're saying that that's the claim. And, to back up the assertion that that's what's being claimed, they then point to various Twitter and Reddit cretins who have referred to VAIDS and who said it was similar to AIDS. And AP likewise pointed to blogging cretin "Jack" who apparently coined the term, presumably because, in his fevered "mind", he assumed the supposed "destruction of the human immune system by vaccines" was sufficiently similar to AIDS to justify his own "conspiracy theory" "connection".

But AIDS is "a generalized body-wide compromise of a specific subset of immune cells (mostly CD4+ lymphocytes) caused specifically by infection with the HIV-1 virus,” according to Dr. Grant McFadden, which is not at all what is happening with Covid vaccines - or any other vaccine for that matter. As AP goes on to justify with further quotes of McFadden.

Absolutely none of which justifies your cretinous and bullshit claim that AP was insisting that "VAIDS must be some form of AIDS".

Either you're a flat-out liar. Or you're reading at about a grade 2 level - if that. So which is it sport? You seriously misinterpreted what AP said? Or you want to wear the "liar" label? Your call.

You really need to learn how to put your brain in gear before putting your mouth in motion. Learning how to put both in reverse might help too.

https://archive.fo/yC2No

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Keating wrote: Are you saying you want to steerz back to the original direction? (I've been waiting for 63 pages to make this terrible pun)
:-) Nigger-cunt dichotomy, round two? Reprising the nuking of Mecca - from orbit, just to be sure? ;-)

Somewhat apropos of the latter, just re-reading Chomsky's Failed States - seems many "hawks" in the Clinton & Bush administrations were certainly keen about at least developing the capabilities of doing that.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

MarcusAu wrote:
Bhurzum wrote:

Oh I say!

httpswww.youtube.com/watch?v=_malUGxNloo
Quite amusing.

However, there are few things as pathetic as a "Rupert" (upper class officer type) trying to relate to his men by stooping to the language of the gutter. Picture if you can, Terry-Thomas in full officer rig, leaning against a squadron bar and chewing the fat with a bunch of hairy-arsed Neanderthal squaddies:

Terry-Thomas: "I say, cheps, thet NAAFI bar gal is a right sort; one would love to rattle her farter and hose her down with DNA!"
Crowd (in unison): "Ding-dong, sir!" (muted sniggering, nudging and eye rolling)

Yes, I've lost count of the times I've seen/heard officers trying that shit, it's horrible!

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Steersman wrote: Reprising the nuking of Mecca - from orbit, just to be sure? ;-)
A £50 solution to a £5 problem.

https://rmonrem.com/wp-content/uploads/ ... ning-2.jpg

After the bulk has been dealt with on-site, we can start the door-to-door cleaning... :twisted:

John D

Post by John D »

For what it is worth, I am very happy with the newly popular terms "transman" and "transwoman". They are easy to use correctly and help with conversation.

Pretty simple really. A Transman is a person that is a biological female that has decided to identify as a man. This is a very course filter, but it is effective. This definition does not indicate anything about the medical situation of the person. They could be on steroids... or not. They could have had top surgery... or not. Etc.

But, making broad categories is the purpose of pronouns. I am on board with the use of transman and transwoman.

PS - Steers is a dick.

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

John D wrote: I am on board with the use of transman and transwoman.
Bigot! Transmen are 100% men and always were, transwomen are 100% women and always were. There is no need for a new word.

John D

Post by John D »

fafnir wrote:
John D wrote: I am on board with the use of transman and transwoman.
Bigot! Transmen are 100% men and always were, transwomen are 100% women and always were. There is no need for a new word.
Haha. I agree that some people on the left are saying they will not accept these pronouns. But, I think people are going to settle in on the use of "transman" and "transwoman". My daughter is very active in the trans-rights stuff and she is starting to use these pronouns. I hope the world can settle in on these. It will save us a great deal of trouble.

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

John D wrote: Haha. I agree that some people on the left are saying they will not accept these pronouns. But, I think people are going to settle in on the use of "transman" and "transwoman". My daughter is very active in the trans-rights stuff and she is starting to use these pronouns. I hope the world can settle in on these. It will save us a great deal of trouble.
Probably, and then that will be the new normal and the game will begin again. Presumably someday the music will stop and the game will be over. We can't strip away the ideological scaffolding that held the old world together forever, normalising transgressive lifestyle after transgressive lifestyle, kink after kink. The modern world is based on the assumption of continual growth, and I think continual progress. I don't know if it is possible to just stop that without an awful lot of things breaking.

I guess my feeling is that we may be saving ourselves a great deal of trouble today, but perhaps that is by leaving it to our children or grandchildren to deal with.

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

I guess maybe if one believes in some 18th Century idea of man in a state of nature, freed from traditional dogma being some angelic, rational being.... then this process is just like Michelangelo chipping away at the marble block releasing the figure of David within. If there is no such figure within the block waiting to be released, then we just chip away until there is nothing left.

John D

Post by John D »

fafnir wrote:
John D wrote: Haha. I agree that some people on the left are saying they will not accept these pronouns. But, I think people are going to settle in on the use of "transman" and "transwoman". My daughter is very active in the trans-rights stuff and she is starting to use these pronouns. I hope the world can settle in on these. It will save us a great deal of trouble.
Probably, and then that will be the new normal and the game will begin again. Presumably someday the music will stop and the game will be over. We can't strip away the ideological scaffolding that held the old world together forever, normalising transgressive lifestyle after transgressive lifestyle, kink after kink. The modern world is based on the assumption of continual growth, and I think continual progress. I don't know if it is possible to just stop that without an awful lot of things breaking.

I guess my feeling is that we may be saving ourselves a great deal of trouble today, but perhaps that is by leaving it to our children or grandchildren to deal with.
I don't know what the alternative looks like. It is not like we can stop all this new trans stuff by bitching about it. I don't consider this "progress" in my view of the way things really work. It really is a bunch of blue-pill crap... baggage really. But, at least these pronouns are allowing us to make a "class" of trans people. This is a more sensible outcome then being forced to call a transman a "man".

Perhaps soon people will start to realize how much these hormones fuck with your health... or perhaps they will not care and will just take them anyway.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Bhurzum wrote:

Q: How do you know when it's your sister's period?
A: You can taste blood on your dad's dick.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Service Dog wrote: 9 Steersman posts in 4 days. This is not dialogue. This is spam:
Did you forget that Steerz is a Talking Football™ game into which some kid randomly inserting discs?

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

John D wrote:
fafnir wrote:

I don't know what the alternative looks like. It is not like we can stop all this new trans stuff by bitching about it. I don't consider this "progress" in my view of the way things really work.
I'm certainly no model of how to fix it. I look at my kids, and they are good kids, but I think I've wanted to be their friend too much and wasn't good enough at saying "no". I wasn't willing enough to be the bad guy. That's great for my relationship with my kids, but I don't know if it was best for them.

I think more widely, that has been the issue with what has passed for conservatives, or the right since the war. It may have said "no", but it didn't really mean it, perhaps because it didn't want to be the bad guy or didn't sufficiently believe in itself. They are the equivalent of the parent who tells their kid that if he doesn't do his homework he can't play his xbox. The kid is discovered playing the xbox with the homework not done. The parent then says that they have to stop after they finish the current game, the kid doesn't. More threats that are never actually implemented follow. I don't know if this process of eternally giving in really comes from a good place.

So, when you say "I don't know what the alternative looks like", I'm not sure I believe you. I think you know what the alternative looks like and you either aren't willing to be the bad guy enough to stick with it, or don't believe in your own world view sufficiently.
John D wrote: It really is a bunch of blue-pill crap... baggage really. But, at least these pronouns are allowing us to make a "class" of trans people. This is a more sensible outcome then being forced to call a transman a "man".
Making a class out of things that can then be used as a never ending political wedge is a tool of the progressive left just as much as deconstructing old classes. They'll have the government collecting stats on these categories that will eternally show how terribly marginalised trans people are and how oppressive the cis-normative culture is. This is just them having their cake and eating it. They weaken the old categories and insist on unrestricted entry into them and have a special category for themselves that only they can use.
John D wrote: Perhaps soon people will start to realize how much these hormones fuck with your health... or perhaps they will not care and will just take them anyway.
That may happen. If the progressives continue to dominate, I suspect it will end up being remembered like eugenics as something associated with conservative thought. Poor trans people, medicalised by a conservative, right wing society which mutilated them for profit rather than treating them like human beings.

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Service Dog wrote: 9 Steersman posts in 4 days. This is not dialogue. This is spam:
Did you forget that Steerz is a Talking Football™ game into which some kid randomly inserting discs?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

John D wrote: Perhaps soon people will start to realize how much these hormones fuck with your health... or perhaps they will not care and will just take them anyway.
I'd love to have an AMAB-to-AMAB conversation with my young transfriend and ask to what end is xe taking estrogen. Cuz xe was already prone to dysthymia to start with, and that shit is only making zir temperamental and suicidal. (Putting males on estrogen causes permanent PMS in them. Just look at Chuck Todd.). Cuz honestly, no amount of hormones is gonna turn zir from a skinny, muscle-free dude into a female. Just dress and (play) act as a woman, I'd say. long hair, eyeliner, flowing women's blouses, long paisley scarfs, etc. It has been successfully pulled off before.

► Show Spoiler

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

That dude looks like a lady.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Dear Associated Press Fact-Checkers,

I am writing in regard to your Dec 10, 2021 fact-checking column, archived here: https://archive.fo/yC2No

In this column you engaged in a practice known as "nut picking", a fallacy. Nut-picking is defined as "When someone presents an atypical or weak member of a group as if they are a typical or strong representative." https://www.logicallyfallacious.com/log ... llacy.html

In this instance, a very serious claim was made: an excess of Covid injection boosters could HARM the immune system.

Rather than respond to this claim head-on-- answering the most qualified & credible sources of the claim-- AP insisted on citing only 'various Twitter and Reddit cretins' and a blogger-- who AP dismissively referred-to as "Jack". The utility of these the people was-that they had 1. no apparent, pesky medical credentials and 2. they had noted the similarity between the term AIDS and the the term VAIDS. Which allowed to AP to then-cite people who DO have medical credentials... to claim that there is "no such thing" as a-version-AIDS-caused-by-boosters. AP's credentialed medical experts did not refute the broader, stronger claim that boosters can harm one's immunity.

Thirty-one days later, the lead Pharmacologist of the European Union's agency regulating medicines... appeared on a panel, confirming that the risk of boosters harming the immune system is real. Twitter labeled a video clip of the Pharmacologist speaking-- with a 'fact-check' warning, calling the clip misleading. The fact-checkers did not refute the Doctor in any way. To apply the prior fact-check to the latter expert is deceptive. And, in light of the latter expert, the prior fact-check is no longer factually accurate & should be retracted. Anything less is deceptive.

Personally, I have explicitly stated that the term "VAIDS" is not something I consider necessary to defend. An interlocutor lacking in personal dignity can too-easily stoop to the level of an Associated Press fact-checker, and obsess on that term, to avoid facing the irrefutable words of the EU expert.

In the 1980's, when AIDS was ravaging Canada's bath houses and dark corners of truck stop men's rooms, Pierre Trudeau was grief stricken that his own young son was identified time-and-again as a vector of infection. Trudeau rounded-up Canada's most awful AIDS infected deviants and banished them away from young Justin, in the rocky hinterlands. The perverts only agreed to stay quarantined as long as a certain low-IQ autistic woman would relieve their sexual urges from dawn til dusk, and dawn again. The term 'woman' applies because she was in-fact fertile, her belly swollen like a deertick with the AIDS-infected seed of Seven Hundred insane gay pedophiles. She became pregnant and-- despite the daily gang-poundings she gleefully endured throughout her trimesters-- penis after penis annointing the fetus within her-- eventually a premature but viable son fell-out of her clocoa. On a wave of bum-cum, Steersman was born. He was actually known to his many homosexual co-fathers as "Steers-boy", for his greatest joy was to fluff and hand-guide the penis of syphilis-blind old men-- into whichever of his mother's orifices they required (including some new ones she had obtained while on-duty). Although it was the only life he had ever known, Steersboy knew that being the Bastard Son Of Seven Hundred Sodomites was shameful. But he was able to find solace in a grubby pocket dictionary, with dirty words underlined, dropped and forgotten like a curly black pube, by some ESL Haitian immigrant. Steers-boy fixated on the definition for "woman", and convinced himself that he was not a bastard, because a bastard is the offspring of an unmarried "woman". 'MY MOTHER IS NOT A WOMAN!' bellowed young Steers-boy, waving the pocket dictionary in the air-- most of its pages stiff and glazed and stuck-together. This boy eventually deemed himself a Steers-man. And he remains triggered when reminded that he has AIDS. To this day he remains a staunch advocate of the countless veiny 'booster shots' he helped administer to his mother... his record only rivaled by another injection-fluffer, known as 'screwtape'-- THE MAN WITH CUM IN HIS BONES (but that's another story).

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

John D

Post by John D »

Every day I fall in love again with these three. This is not a defect in my character. This singing transports me to some kind of perfected idyll. A fantasy I know, but one with pure and decent intent. The idea of living a full life in a kind of natural organic world.

translation

Oh the grapes are growing on the vine,
Ripe and juicy, ripe and juicy,
Squeeze ‘em and feel,
Plump and firm, squeeze ‘em hard,
again and again ,
Till the juice comes out,
And wets my lips with its sweet scent,
Oh purple grapes of Georgia
Fill my basket till I can’t take any more