Steerzing in a New Direction...

Old subthreads
Brive1987

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

Post by Brive1987 »

Keating wrote: That ad spoke to me when it came out. Winter of '96 was the last year we were there.
It spoke to me too. Lamb is always good.

Better than visiting the ‘Oreo Cafe’ - to be sure.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Brive1987 wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: The shooting of a handful of surplus dogs is a typical outback solution to an inconvenience.
You all shoot shelter dogs on a regular basis, then?

... imposing some unbalanced worldview onto the landscape.
"The rig...

That's a crap argument. Especially for you. I know for a fact that 'Out Back of Bourke' has never had a lockdown before. I'd imagine there's been a gun-centric holocaust inflicted on local kangaroos and rabbits / foxes. Bourke ain't leafy Annandale. Shooting a few dogs to lose a problem wouldn't lead to the fainting couch. Maybe you should wonder why a local council ranger in fuck-stick Bourke has become so iconic? Who is playing who?
Just wait till they discover that shooting feral cats is an Australian habit...

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Oh look.

The pollies are getting nervous. The evidence supporting my POV converges. 🤷‍♂️

Btw, the HSC is the Year 12 final exams that determine uni places. There’s a whole electorate of students and parents looking nervously and angrily on. Many parents have invested $200K or more for 6 years private education to get a great outcome. They’ll be pissed I if the exams are disrupted or little Mary doesn’t get the ROI because “allowances across the board” are made.

And most of them vote Liberal. Gladys and her MPs will be watching and weighing the situation.

And then you have labor greedily eyeing the towel-heads who may swap aspirational dreams of liberal powered small business wins for the liberal lefts offer of handouts.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

screwtape wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: The shooting of a handful of surplus dogs is a typical outback solution to an inconvenience.

... imposing some unbalanced worldview onto the landscape.
"The rig...

That's a crap argument. Especially for you. I know for a fact that 'Out Back of Bourke' has never had a lockdown before. I'd imagine there's been a gun-centric holocaust inflicted on local kangaroos and rabbits / foxes. Bourke ain't leafy Annandale. Shooting a few dogs to lose a problem wouldn't lead to the fainting couch. Maybe you should wonder why a local council ranger in fuck-stick Bourke has become so iconic? Who is playing who?
Just wait till they discover that shooting feral cats is an Australian habit...
The buggers eat dinkum bird life. And seem to avoid Kamikaze raids on cane toads. Matt will love it that we are also eyeing the wild brumbies for a culling.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/weeken ... 40675b2e5d

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

An employer demands vaccination. A young employee lies, claims to be vax'd. Employer says everyone must bring proof of vax on Monday. Youngster panics-- skips work Monday-- claims to have Covid, self-'quarantines' 14 days. Employer tells all employees they've been exposed, must get tested.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Brive1987 wrote: Shooting a few dogs to lose a problem wouldn't lead to the fainting couch.
screwtape wrote: Just wait till they discover that shooting feral cats is an Australian habit...
Yet-another example of screwtape not-seeing the original news story post, due-to 'ignore'ing me, but feeling confident that his reply is fully-informed.

The actual story is that Bourke had already made arrangements with Cobar (130 km away) to receive the dogs-- including anti-Covid measures-- but Bourke shot the dogs so that Cobar would have nothing to receive.

In divorces and domestic squabbles-- it's common for one partner to hold the other's pet hostage-- and kill the pet in a pyrrhic display of dominance. Here in the US, that's punishable as a Domestic Violence felony. I see a distinct similarity in this case.

And screwtape weighing-in is just another example of the progressive expert-class traipsing blithely down the road to eugenics. One day you're wishing for the mass-death of low-IQ undesirables, the next day you're proudly de-sensitized to the senseless killing of dogs (shooting dogs was a method used by the Nazi SS to acclimate trainees-- so they could graduate-to killing humans without hesitation.)

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

I can’t believe this is the crime against humanity the world is creaming over.

Bourke was in lockdown. That means no comings and goings. Doesn’t matter what was happening in Cobar.

Meanwhile the dogs were going silly.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Want to feel old(er)? The Boss released "Born to Run" 46 years ago today.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Brive1987 wrote: I can’t believe this is the crime against humanity the world is creaming over.

Bourke was in lockdown. That means no comings and goings. Doesn’t matter what was happening in Cobar.

Are we supposed to feel better that ten were puppies?

But hey, it's a MAJOR CRISIS, cuz the deaths due to covid in NSW just doubled this week. 15 humans + 15 dogs.

This wouldn't have been necessary, had your shit-for-brains, wanking bureaucrats not placed all you sheeple under house arrest in chicken little response to a wimpy variant that's killed hardly anyone, and those were either really old or fat chain smokers.

They shot dogs during Katrina, too. Because some dickless wonder desk jockey decided dogs were just property and no property allowed when being evac'd.

After the Camp Fire here [Paradise], wanker county officials wouldn't let animal rescue folks in 'because of risk to public safety, and insisted there were no animals left. Yet trails cams showed hundreds of cats showing up for food and water. Fortunately, the fire and emergency crews happily set out food and water. My friend snuck in and saved a big yellow dog who'd been sitting for days in front of where his owner's house had been. That made international news as a feel-good story, but the fucking county dipshits would've let that dog die, and all the cats I helped rescue.

Callous mistreatment of animals is a sign of a sick society. Asking children to suffer to assuage the irrational fears and superstitions of adults -- as we just did for a year in the US -- is the sign of a mentally ill society.

You personally might not give a shit about a few "surplus" animals. But most people do care about animal welfare. And, as SD observed, dogs are practically family going back tens of thousands of years. This is a harbinger.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Brive1987 wrote: The buggers eat dinkum bird life. And seem to avoid Kamikaze raids on cane toads. Matt will love it that we are also eyeing the wild brumbies for a culling.
Just wait 'til your new owners start opening wet markets.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Brive1987 wrote: I can’t believe this is the crime against humanity the world is creaming over.

You're a straight-shooter Brive. You were better-off saying Lockdown-means-lockdown/no-exceptions.

Retreating-to Oh, And... They Were Also Bad Dogs makes your case weaker, not stronger.

Likewise, it's a weasel-word to say the Cobar rescuers were 'unable' to come to Bourke. The dogs were killed because Cobar WAS able to come.

I can't help but see a parallel to Biden strawman-ing the backlash against his Afghanistan exit-- as a debate over whether-to-leave-at-all, rather than criticism of How he chose to leave.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Keating wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:03 pm
A difference for me may be that I spent my formative years in Warsaw, very soon after the Iron Curtain came down, so I saw first hand what the Soviet Union meant and what liberty meant. So, I don't necessarily have a typical Australian attitude.
Funny thing about Aussies. They are to be found puking on tables at Oktoberfest and generally being at large and unruly in Europe in the company of Kiwis and South Africans. Friends who've visited Australia tend to report how rulebound the place is though. Have come across a number of Aussie house shares with a strange love of cooking rosters. It can present as a more civilised than thou affectation. Was never for me, the single life is all about freedom from restrictions.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Unvaxxed student forced to wear ankle monitor. Treated like a criminal because of a virus that's killed a total of 370 kids in the US -- all of them with severe health issues.

Complete lunacy.

https://thepostmillennial.com/exclusive ... -monitors/

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Want to feel EVEN older? The number of years between today and the release of BtR is the same as the number of years between the release of BtR and the start of the Great Depression in 1929.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Actually, I'm fully in favor of leaving these people behind. What the fuck.

"At least 24 students from the Cajon Valley Union School District in El Cajon and 16 parents are stranded in Afghanistan after taking a summer trip abroad."

https://www.latimes.com/california/stor ... fghanistan

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Service Dog wrote:

You're a straight-shooter Brive. You were better-off saying Lockdown-means-lockdown/no-exceptions.

Retreating-to Oh, And... They Were Also Bad Dogs makes your case weaker, not stronger.

Likewise, it's a weasel-word to say the Cobar rescuers were 'unable' to come to Bourke. The dogs were killed because Cobar WAS able to come.

I can't help but see a parallel to Biden strawman-ing the backlash against his Afghanistan exit-- as a debate over whether-to-leave-at-all, rather than criticism of How he chose to leave.
I’m not sure you’re trying to understand my point.

The general lockdown of western NSW came as a shock and surprise to the countryside. They had considered COVID a Sydney problem. Specifically a SW Sydney problem. It had only just started to manifest in Dubbo. The cockies were twitchy.

Lockdown was imposed on them very quickly and with little warning. There was panic buying for the first time. Rules were uncertain beyond the general top level command to “stay at home and cease movement”. Loopholes and exceptions were not encouraged, to say the least. Regions were already doing a lot of finger pointing (and worse) at perceived outsiders spreading the virus (see Byron Bay). Quite frankly I’d have been surprised if a council had considered it appropriate at that moment to move dogs around between regional towns.

Now do with that as you will. But that’s the reality. And I’m sorry if it doesn’t fit your preferred vibe. But tough.

As for the behaviour of the dogs. I was simply repeating the reported facts - that they were fighting and overcrowded with the new 10x puppies. The relevance of which is that it supported the requirement for a change of status quo.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Brive1987 wrote:
Service Dog wrote:

[bimg][/bimg]

I’m not sure you’re trying to not understand my point.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

FTFY.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Brive1987 wrote: I’m not sure you’re trying to understand my point.
I understand. You're very clear & make the best-case-possible for what you're defending. And other places with other values do things other ways.

And reality is too complex & random to ever really know which way is ~ultimately~ best.

For example-- Trump placed his bet early on vaccines, so the US had plentiful vax, first. But-- at this stage-- it seems vaccines are a letdown in effectiveness.

Your politicians failed to secure vaccines early. Seemingly an error. But it forced you to rely on harsh lockdowns-- which have downsides/ but are more effective against spread.

Then-again-- the virus is far less lethal than was previously feared. So... the high cost of stopping it-- seems to have little benefit. Unless the Abos really-are vulnerable. etc.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Lsuoma wrote: FTFY.
I think you should give "FTFY" a rest.

Last time you used "FTFY"-- you were arguing that extra-trillions in govt spending does NOT cause inflation & paying people to stay home does NOT cause wage inflation. Four months later, do you still stand by that claim? :doh:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Service Dog wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: I’m not sure you’re trying to understand my point.
I understand. You're very clear & make the best-case-possible for what you're defending. And other places with other values do things other ways.

And reality is too complex & random to ever really know which way is ~ultimately~ best.

For example-- Trump placed his bet early on vaccines, so the US had plentiful vax, first. But-- at this stage-- it seems vaccines are a letdown in effectiveness.

Your politicians failed to secure vaccines early. Seemingly an error. But it forced you to rely on harsh lockdowns-- which have downsides/ but are more effective against spread.

Then-again-- the virus is far less lethal than was previously feared. So... the high cost of stopping it-- seems to have little benefit. Unless the Abos really-are vulnerable. etc.
Pretty much. It’s a shit sandwich.

I guess my meta point is that the responses around the world are best understood as a maelstrom of local social and cultural inputs filtered through the same rough gauze of institutional political command-and-control. Proactive innovative crisis management is something that Governments are ironically very shit at.

We just hit over a 1000 daily cases here in NSW for the first time. We locked down when we were getting about 20 a day. This will be interesting given the govt wants to deliver some sort of return on the ‘6 million jabs’ target.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Hahah

The reward for double-jabbers has been revealed. How does one deliver a reward on the same day we not only break a PB but also crack 1000?

Fully vaccinated households in the local government areas of concern can gather outside for recreation one hour within 5km of home between 5am and 9pm. This is in addition to the hour of exercise. Only the adults in the household need to be vaccinated.

Groups of five fully vaccinated people who live outside of the local government areas of concern can gather outdoors within their local government areas or 5km from home.
:roll: :lol:

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Jesus fuck. One school tried that here, with schoolchildren. "20 extra minutes of masks-off time" as a prize, for something (I don't remember what.)

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

On one hand we have a dastardly conspiracy to enslave our populations by our overlords.

On the other we have Premiers under fire and bickering with each other and a PM who is losing the one thing he craves. His grip on the slippery reins of power.

:think:

Scotty is betting his bank on clubbing the States to his will once we get to our 70-80% vaccine target. WA and Qld will need sweeteners unless he plans on sending in the troops.

And our Aussie-ish Corporate overlords are ramping up pressure to stop their own bleed-out.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Keating wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:03 pm
A difference for me may be that I spent my formative years in Warsaw, very soon after the Iron Curtain came down, so I saw first hand what the Soviet Union meant and what liberty meant. So, I don't necessarily have a typical Australian attitude.
We do at least walk cross the road against the signal. We have that over the Germans and Austrians that I've observed in their natural habitat.

Funny thing about Aussies. They are to be found puking on tables at Oktoberfest and generally being at large and unruly in Europe in the company of Kiwis and South Africans. Friends who've visited Australia tend to report how rulebound the place is though. Have come across a number of Aussie house shares with a strange love of cooking rosters. It can present as a more civilised than thou affectation. Was never for me, the single life is all about freedom from restrictions.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Hmm quote fail.

"We do at least walk cross the road against the signal. We have that over the Germans and Austrians that I've observed in their natural habitat."

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Brive1987 wrote: We just hit over a 1000 daily cases here in NSW for the first time.
Say again, how many dead? Humans, that is.

We locked down when we were getting about 20 a day.
Obviously don't work. At stopping the spread, at least. Working just fine at gelding all of you.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

United States has 1912 deaths per million with 20 per million in the past 7d. 627K deaths in total
Australia has 39 deaths per million with 0.55 per million in the past 7d. 0.9K deaths in total

And this is the face of a vaccine shortage.

Let us know when your country wants some methodological schooling. :popcorn: :whistle:

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Well, this place seems to have continued to the canines...

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Working just fine at gelding all of you.
You may well be flogging an inanimate equine at this point.

Or at least closing the stable door after the beast has bolted.

Though it may just be Hobson's choice - so no need to go changing mid-stream.

Continue on with the Dog & Pony Show...

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

ThreeFlangedJavis

Brive1987 wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:43 pm
Hmm quote fail.

"We do at least walk cross the road against the signal. We have that over the Germans and Austrians that I've observed in their natural habitat."
Germans and Austrians are hooligans next to the Swiss. Mate of mine stepped off the kerb to cross an empty Zurich street contrary to the lights and received a tug on the back of his shirt from a native. Not that I've ever been there. My personal experience of Switzerland is the Sprungli choc shop in Zurich airport and a particularly harrowing balls up by Swiss Air involving a late connecting flight, an 8 hour stay in the airport followed by a flight to Vienna and another hours long wait for a long haul flight. Chocolate good, airline bad. No wonder the airline went tits up.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

To appreciate Switzerland, I recommend spending enough time in France-- that the endless supply of lazy sloppy french women becomes monotonous.

Then cross-over to Switzerland and the well-groomed standard really *pops*.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Brive1987 wrote: United States has 1912 deaths per million with 20 per million in the past 7d. 627K deaths in total
Australia has 39 deaths per million with 0.55 per million in the past 7d. 0.9K deaths in total

Let us know when your country wants some methodological schooling. :popcorn: :whistle:
You get all weepy over ANZAC Day, when you celebrate sacrificing the lives of young men in their prime to preserve freedom.
Then you boast of sacrificing your freedom to temporarily delay the closing curtain on a handful of elderly and unhealthy individuals.

Dogs are still called upon to pay the highest price. Poppies for Puppies.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Or:

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Brive1987 wrote: United States has 1912 deaths per million with 20 per million in the past 7d. 627K deaths in total
Ritual Animal Sacrifice: It works, bitches!

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Apparently a suicide attack, US Marines injured. Second explosion reported near a hotel where US citizens were gathering to be rescued by wildcat ops.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

This is just the beginning. The terrorists have waited until the winding down, and this is just the forcing function. If there were more people to get out, attacks would pause the evacuation - this will just speed it up. Then we'll see what the new! improved! goat-fuckers are like.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Four marines dead. Joe reportedly forbade sorties beyond the airport to rescue Americans because he didn't want the embarrassment of a 'Blackhawk Down' incident. Through timidity, he got just that.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Politico, today:
EXCLUSIVE

U.S. officials provided Taliban with names of Americans, Afghan allies to evacuate
“Basically, they just put all those Afghans on a kill list,” said one defense official.

"U.S. officials in Kabul gave the Taliban a list of names of American citizens, green card holders and Afghan allies to grant entry into the militant-controlled outer perimeter of the city’s airport, a choice that's prompted outrage behind the scenes from lawmakers and military officials.

The move, detailed to POLITICO by three U.S. and congressional officials, was designed to expedite the evacuation of tens of thousands of people from Afghanistan as chaos erupted in Afghanistan’s capital city last week after the Taliban seized control of the country. It also came as the Biden administration has been relying on the Taliban for security outside the airport.

But the decision to provide specific names to the Taliban, which has a history of brutally murdering Afghans who collaborated with the U.S. and other coalition forces during the conflict, has angered lawmakers and military officials.

“Basically, they just put all those Afghans on a kill list,” said one defense official, who like others spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss a sensitive topic. “It’s just appalling and shocking and makes you feel unclean.”

A spokesperson for U.S. Central Command declined to comment."

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/08/2 ... ate-506957

New York Magazine, today:

https://media.patriots.win/post/jhKay9uS.jpeg

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Eleven Marines and one Navy medic dead. No count on civilians, but it looks really bad.

Just a friendly reminder from your local Taliban that evacuations have been cancelled and the deadline for US troops to leave is still August 31st.

If we don't take out a bunch of goatfuckers in response, we might as well bend over and squeal like a piggie.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

screenshot moments-ago:

Vice News, today:
https://media.patriots.win/post/0oO8MRDp.jpeg

Pelosi, today-- her entire remarks. no mention of 12 dead troops or anything in Afghanistan.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

08/23/21

COVID › VIEWS

Study: Fully Vaccinated Healthcare Workers Carry 251 Times Viral Load, Pose Threat to Unvaccinated Patients, Co-Workers

A preprint paper by the prestigious Oxford University Clinical Research Group, published Aug. 10 in The Lancet, found vaccinated individuals carry 251 times the load of COVID-19 viruses in their nostrils compared to the unvaccinated.

By
Peter A. McCullough, M.D., MPH

A groundbreaking preprint paper by the prestigious Oxford University Clinical Research Group, published Aug. 10 in The Lancet, includes alarming findings devastating to the COVID vaccine rollout.

The study found vaccinated individuals carry 251 times the load of COVID-19 viruses in their nostrils compared to the unvaccinated.

While moderating the symptoms of infection, the jab allows vaccinated individuals to carry unusually high viral loads without becoming ill at first, potentially transforming them into presymptomatic superspreaders. :rimshot: MASK THE VAXXED!

This phenomenon may be the source of the shocking post-vaccination surges in heavily vaccinated populations globally.

The paper’s authors, Chau et al, demonstrated widespread vaccine failure and transmission under tightly controlled circumstances in a hospital lockdown in Ho Chi Minh City, Viet Nam.

The scientists studied healthcare workers who were unable to leave the hospital for two weeks. The data showed that fully vaccinated workers — about two months after injection with the Oxford/AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine (AZD1222) — acquired, carried and presumably transmitted the Delta variant to their vaccinated colleagues.

https://childrenshealthdefense.org/defe ... o-workers/

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:

You get all weepy over ANZAC Day, when you celebrate sacrificing the lives of young men in their prime to preserve freedom.
Then you boast of sacrificing your freedom to temporarily delay the closing curtain on a handful of elderly and unhealthy individuals.

Dogs are still called upon to pay the highest price. Poppies for Puppies.
The ANZAC concept is something retooled by government to meet evolving social agendas. Currently it (apparently) expresses past demonstration of our tolerant and diverse community. :bjarte:

Historically it celebrated a fetishised version of a highly developed Anglo personal character. One broken free from the shackles of industrial cities. One best showcased against the contrasting light of a venal and futile war. Specific personal traits as documented in the War Memorial’s Sacred Shrine, our Holies of Holies.

Anyone who thinks ANZAC is all about the preservation of innate God delivered freedom needs to go back to school. And definitely not an American one.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Quality of life matters a lot more to me than quantity. I do not think a drug addict who spends most of their time high and (chemically) happy has a meaningful life. I do not think being plugged into the matrix and having a simulated life is a meaningful life. At most, I have 80 years of useable life, and that is being stolen from me. I may get sick and die, sure, but the opportunity costs are not being placed on the scales against lives "saved".

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

The absolute state of this flaming nancy boy...

When I was that age, anyone acting like that would have been ruthlessly weeded out and dealt with. And rightly so.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Keating wrote:

Quality of life matters a lot more to me than quantity. I do not think a drug addict who spends most of their time high and (chemically) happy has a meaningful life. I do not think being plugged into the matrix and having a simulated life is a meaningful life. At most, I have 80 years of useable life, and that is being stolen from me. I may get sick and die, sure, but the opportunity costs are not being placed on the scales against lives "saved".
You get an “F” if you don’t exit lockdown: fitter, armed with a new skill-set and wielding a recalibrated focus.

Think of it as a potentially productive boot camp. Or a longer version of the flight to London.

Trust me. You’ll survive.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

So now in Australia, disagreeing with the state's handling of covid will get you committed to a mental institution:

https://bombardsbodylanguage.com/2021/0 ... me-prison/

That's what they did in the Soviet bloc. Since Marxist-Leninism was self-evidently true, anyone who questioned Marxist-Leninism was obviously insane.

Goodonya, Oz. Picking up where the USSR left off.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Brutal cartoon:
G7.jpeg
(92.14 KiB) Downloaded 77 times

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

And Trump's entity whatever fucking napalmed Joe:

https://rumble.com/vlmx5p-surrenderer-i ... world.html

Keating

Post by Keating »

Brive1987 wrote: You get an “F” if you don’t exit lockdown: fitter, armed with a new skill-set and wielding a recalibrated focus.

Think of it as a potentially productive boot camp. Or a longer version of the flight to London.

I have no doubt I'll survive. I have a stable job and am far enough out that I'm away from prying eyes and thus can easily stay outside for more than an hour without anyone noticing. Surviving isn't sufficient. I want to live.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Brive1987 wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:58 pm
You get an “F” if you don’t exit lockdown: fitter, armed with a new skill-set and wielding a recalibrated focus.

So, what you are really saying is, if you are well enough off not to be fucked by the lockdown then you won't be fucked by the lockdown.

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

Brive1987 wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:02 pm
United States has 1912 deaths per million with 20 per million in the past 7d. 627K deaths in total

The vast bulk of those who died were on their last legs. How much can the quality adjusted years of life saved by vaccinations, masks, lockdowns etc... actually be when averaged across the population? Would you be locked down for a year, make yourself significantly poorer, and harm your children's education to extend the low quality end of your life by a day? Maybe it's two days, but that's the cost/benefit analysis of "lock it all down", surely?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Just caught a glimpse of Amanda Marcunt posing as a foreign policy expert on CNN.

Some dookies won't flush down no matter how hard you work the plunger.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Some dookies won't flush down no matter how hard you work the plunger.
Suddenly the conversation is dangerously close to my level and field of expertise... :P

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Bhurzum wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Some dookies won't flush down no matter how hard you work the plunger.
Suddenly the conversation is dangerously close to my level and field of expertise... :P
https://archive.is/udPWi