You is all a bunch of poofs!

Hunt
.
.
Posts: 3058
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:04 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#7381

Post by Hunt » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:19 pm

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: 2) Same question as for Pitchguest: what percentage of LEO-civilian interactions are like this one?
We don't know, do we. The ol' proving a negative thing rears its ugly head. We don't know how many allegedly justified shootings were actually murder by police, but due to the prevalence of mobile video devices, I can tell you we're beginning to get a clearer picture.
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: How about you find us even one example of tactical doctrine advising 'shoot to disable'? Because otherwise, 'I call BS' is really 'I dislike reality.'
What reality? The one were lots of times cops empty their clips and never hit anything? Shoot until down is the hysterical resolution of a panicked situation by rattling off as many bullets as possible. Lots of times they're not even aiming! This disregards the safety of everyone involved, including crossfire among officers, the public from stray bullets, and of course the "perp" who might not deserve it.

Excuse me if my opinion is that SUD is received wisdom invented by some training clown and nodding heads have never thought to challenge it. The onus is on them to prove such patently absurd doctrine is superior to alternatives.

Keating
.
.
Posts: 1925
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:18 pm
Location: South of anteater guy
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#7382

Post by Keating » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:24 pm

Bhurzum wrote: I know a woman who has a designer vagina (no, seriously) and will often get it out for inspection. Apparently her "hanging ham" was repulsive to look at (her words, not mine) and was crimping her relationship(s).

Weird indeed...
Like men wouldn't all have 10 metre dicks if that surgery worked.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit
Posts: 10612
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:58 pm
Location: Punggye-ri
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#7383

Post by Lsuoma » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:51 pm

So, Ol' Trumpo is finally getting the peach!

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit
Posts: 10612
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:58 pm
Location: Punggye-ri
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#7384

Post by Lsuoma » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:29 pm

Keating wrote:
Bhurzum wrote: I know a woman who has a designer vagina (no, seriously) and will often get it out for inspection. Apparently her "hanging ham" was repulsive to look at (her words, not mine) and was crimping her relationship(s).

Weird indeed...
Like men wouldn't all have 10 metre dicks if that surgery worked.
Well, the structural stuff is easier than the hydraulics, I believe.

KiwiInOz
.
.
Posts: 4876
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:28 pm
Location: Brisbane
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#7385

Post by KiwiInOz » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:52 pm

Bhurzum wrote:
Stankeye wrote:
Lsuoma wrote: Maybe Greta needs some of this: https://nypost.com/2019/09/16/women-are ... itch-face/
Wow.

Also the video at the bottom for "designer" nipples. Women are weird.
I know a woman who has a designer vagina (no, seriously) and will often get it out for inspection. Apparently her "hanging ham" was repulsive to look at (her words, not mine) and was crimping her relationship(s).

Weird indeed...
It is weird. Apparently labioplasty is a big thing now with women who feel that their lips are untidy or too big or something. Fuck knows where they get that idea from.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit
Posts: 10612
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:58 pm
Location: Punggye-ri
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#7386

Post by Lsuoma » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:58 pm

KiwiInOz wrote:
Bhurzum wrote:
Stankeye wrote:
Lsuoma wrote: Maybe Greta needs some of this: https://nypost.com/2019/09/16/women-are ... itch-face/
Wow.

Also the video at the bottom for "designer" nipples. Women are weird.
I know a woman who has a designer vagina (no, seriously) and will often get it out for inspection. Apparently her "hanging ham" was repulsive to look at (her words, not mine) and was crimping her relationship(s).

Weird indeed...
It is weird. Apparently labioplasty is a big thing now with women who feel that their lips are untidy or too big or something. Fuck knows where they get that idea from.
When some bloke noshing her says "I love doing this to you, because your flaps keep my ears warm."

Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 12370
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#7387

Post by Matt Cavanaugh » Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:04 pm

Hunt wrote: We don't know, do we. The ol' proving a negative thing rears its ugly head.
No, you made two positive assertions: 1) that police routinely abuse the use of force wrt firearms; 2) shoot to warn/disarm/slightly wound is a viable tactic. You've provided zero evidence to substantiate either, so did you really expect they'd be taken seriously at the Pit of all places?

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead
Posts: 3954
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:08 am
Location: Lurking in a dumpster
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#7388

Post by Bhurzum » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:49 pm

Boris made a funny...


Really?
.
.
Posts: 6334
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:34 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#7389

Post by Really? » Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:22 pm

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:04 pm
Bhurzum wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Anyone who doesn't fire at least three rounds in quick succession should not wield a handgun
"Shoot to annoy"

"Shoot to hurt"

"Shoot to scare"

"Shoot to wound"

All equally absurd. If you've made the decision to let the lead fly, there's only one aim (pun!), anything less is stupidity. 2-3 in each tit with a nice facial finisher - it's for winners survivors.

"Overreaction is the only reaction" - Can't remember who said this but it's on the money!
My friend boasts how she scared off a perp with just the sound of her racking the slide. I said yeah you just left it to someone else to finish the job
...but why don't we all market pretend shotgun noisemakers instead of real childkillers because that will sway all those who are opposed.

Hunt
.
.
Posts: 3058
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:04 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#7390

Post by Hunt » Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:08 am

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Hunt wrote: We don't know, do we. The ol' proving a negative thing rears its ugly head.
No, you made two positive assertions: 1) that police routinely abuse the use of force wrt firearms; 2) shoot to warn/disarm/slightly wound is a viable tactic. You've provided zero evidence to substantiate either, so did you really expect they'd be taken seriously at the Pit of all places?
I don't expect anything I say to go unchallenged, but my preference isn't open to factual analysis. Police, para-militaristic or not, are civilian agencies. The public is in control of them, pay for them and ultimately tailor them to its concerns. Many cops don't like to hear this, of course, and even many citizens are under the impression that policing is so dangerous that we get what we get, and we should be happy for it, a form of tyranny. Many people willingly give up their rights, and their preferences, without realizing that fundamentally, they're calling the shots (if you will), and cops do as we collectively say. They work for us! That badge is ours. That gun is ours. That uniform is ours. That car is ours. If the job description sounds more arduous than an applicant wants to hear, tough titty, don't apply.

So all this talk about shooting to warn, shooting to disable, being less effective than shooting to kill is ultimately irrelevant, but lest you think my position is one of pure bloody-mindedness, there is evidence that cops can operate other than the American way. In fact, European cops are less lethal in the double digit rates:

https://theconversation.com/why-do-amer ... cops-49696

So why the differences? As the article indicates, gun prevalence is a large factor. We all kind of knew that was going to creep into the discussion eventually. And I stick to my "theory" that American cop agencies have a bloody-mindedness of their own, or a meme if you will, that "shoot to kill" is received wisdom that should remain unquestioned, forever and ever, amen. It's American exceptionalism, the knee jerk tendency to think that what works in American doesn't have to conform to, or be informed by, other standards (because we're so speeecial) that consigns us to a particular type of retardation.


Hunt
.
.
Posts: 3058
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:04 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#7392

Post by Hunt » Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:26 am

Alameda isn't SF. It's Alameda.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead
Posts: 3954
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:08 am
Location: Lurking in a dumpster
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#7393

Post by Bhurzum » Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:33 am

Hunt wrote: I don't expect anything I say to go unchallenged...<snip>
Yes you do.

Sorry, is this a 5 minute argument or the full half hour?

Pitchguest
.
.
Posts: 3821
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:44 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#7394

Post by Pitchguest » Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:00 am

Bhurzum wrote:
Hunt wrote: I don't expect anything I say to go unchallenged...<snip>
Yes you do.

Sorry, is this a 5 minute argument or the full half hour?
No, this is abuse, you vacuous, stuffy-nosed, malodorous pervert! You want room 12A, next door.

Pitchguest
.
.
Posts: 3821
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:44 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#7395

Post by Pitchguest » Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:04 am

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:08 pm
Pitchguest wrote: Reform, as in basic training. Police officers should be able to gauge a situation and make decisions based on what's in front of them, not just going for the safe play.
Answer begging the question. What evidence, other than these youtube clips, do you have that police training is inadequate?
I speculate. I gather that their police training is either inadequate or that standards what makes a good police officer are inadequate. Either way, I think there ought to be some scrutiny.
How many clips are there on YouTube....
You keep using that word.
It's relative. I've seen videos that precede YouTube, but I've also seen videos outside of YouTube. It's just the most popular, and current, platform.
Sure, the majority perhaps aren't, and that's a good thing, but sometimes they do go overboard and even you have to admit that. And those times DO exceed more than once, or twice, or ten.
In what percentage of LEO-civilian interactions does the cop 'go overboard'?
I don't know. But if the statistics say 500 officer related shootings per year, and the amount of shootings by officers that are not justified number, say, fifty or more, then you can do the math.
They don't have to unload their entire goddamn magazine.
Uhh yeah they do. It all happens in an instant and you keep shooting until the perp is down. Anyone who doesn't fire at least three rounds in quick succession should not wield a handgun.
Come on, mate. This is such an 'internet tough guy' line. :snooty:

screwtape
.
.
Posts: 2325
Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:15 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#7396

Post by screwtape » Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:29 am

Perhaps all cops should be issued with Colt 1851 Navy revolvers. Brings variety and entertainment to the concept of speedloading.

Pitchguest
.
.
Posts: 3821
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:44 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#7397

Post by Pitchguest » Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:34 am

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:40 am
John D wrote: This poor girl. She has Aspergers, OCD, and suicidal depression. She is going to have a very difficult adulthood, especially when she finds out her demands are not me .... and she starts to get mocked by the internet.
Hey, let's make a severely mentally-ill child our world spokesperson for climate change action. That'll win over the folks we've failed to so far!
Yeah, I don't usually use this word but yikes! I had my doubts when I found out Greta is the daughter of a famous actress/singer/eco-activist but that speech is just... unhinged.

They couldn't uplift someone who educates about climate change but without all the doom and gloom?

Like Peter Hadfield (aka potholer54):


Hunt
.
.
Posts: 3058
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:04 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#7398

Post by Hunt » Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:49 am

Pitchguest wrote: Yeah, I don't usually use this word but yikes! I had my doubts when I found out Greta is the daughter of a famous actress/singer/eco-activist but that speech is just... unhinged.
People are just not used to an impassioned speech.

[/quote]
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Hey, let's make a severely mentally-ill child our world spokesperson for climate change action. That'll win over the folks we've failed to so far!
The wingtardery here is getting a little thick of late. Might be time for me to check out.

ThreeFlangedJavis
.
.
Posts: 1330
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:13 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#7399

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis » Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:59 am

Lsuoma wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:51 pm
So, Ol' Trumpo is finally getting the peach!
I hope Pelosi knows something we don't, for her sake, because this looks like Trump inviting the Dems to faceplant and the case against Biden is more convincing.

Service Dog
.
.
Posts: 4541
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:52 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#7400

Post by Service Dog » Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:16 am

Really? wrote:
Oh, god....if that's true, then...Presswood and Carrier...

Carrier and Presswood...

Here's a visual representation of all of the sexual relationships in the atheist community.

The only one with a dry dick is Peez.

https://irea.coop/wp-content/uploads/20 ... ights.jpeg
I was explaining this debacle to someone... and wanted to show them what 'Matt Dillahunty' 'Beth Presswood' and 'The Atheist Experience' looked-like.
I found a random old episode on YouTube, clicked on a random part in the middle... which happened to be Dillahunty & Presswood touting Camp Quest...
which is the kid's summer camp run by the polyamorous couple which was fucking Richard "2017 Inter-state Age Of Consent Limbo Champion" Carrier.

--
Remember the time Elyce Anders freaked-out because a swinger-couple left their contact info/calling card on her table at a convention? We need more Elyces in this community: upstanding literal prostitutes who cuck their husbands (and stand accused of date-raping a friend's butthole) to stand up to the fucking poly-borg.

Driftless
.
.
Posts: 264
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:13 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#7401

Post by Driftless » Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:23 am

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:51 pm
So, Ol' Trumpo is finally getting the peach!
I hope Pelosi knows something we don't, for her sake, because this looks like Trump inviting the Dems to faceplant and the case against Biden is more convincing.
Looking at the CNN website this morning I wouldn't know there were any democrats running for president. So the democrats have succeeded in making the news be all about Trump. I be Trump will be tweeting at a rate that keeps it that way.

Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 12370
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#7402

Post by Matt Cavanaugh » Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:45 am

Really? wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:04 pm
My friend boasts how she scared off a perp with just the sound of her racking the slide. I said yeah you just left it to someone else to finish the job
...but why don't we all market pretend shotgun noisemakers instead of real childkillers because that will sway all those who are opposed.
Pistols, like my friend's 1911 .45 ACP, have slides. Though the sound of racking a bolt on a rifle or pumping the fore-end on a shotgun might scare someone off, too -- provided there was a reasonable assumption the sound came from a real weapon, not just the toy noisemakers that replaced all the confiscated guns.

Guns will kill pretty much anything you aim them at. Why do you refer to them as 'childkillers'?

Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 12370
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#7403

Post by Matt Cavanaugh » Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:52 am

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:51 pm
So, Ol' Trumpo is finally getting the peach!
I hope Pelosi knows something we don't, for her sake, because this looks like Trump inviting the Dems to faceplant and the case against Biden is more convincing.
The best spin I can put on Pelosi's decision is: she's hoping to minimize the damage by taking some early, so the radicals will look foolish now that the anodyne transcript has been released. But mostly this adds to the narrative that Dems are sore losers and grasping for straws.

Biden is also crippled by this. Big wins for Lizzie Warren and for Trump. Meaning a disaster for America in November 2020.

jugheadnaut
.
.
Posts: 1296
Joined: Tue May 20, 2014 9:09 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#7404

Post by jugheadnaut » Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:56 am

Hunt wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:25 am


Here's shoot til down: This MF wouldn't have served a day in prison if it weren't for the camera recording him. He feared for his life (surprise). As is, the first trial against him ending with a hung jury! The only reason he was handed a 20 year sentence was that the feds stepped in and charged him with civil rights violations and obstruction of justice. Under the Trump admin there's every reason to think this waste of skin would still be on the streets.

While this was clearly a bad shoot and the officer involved should be spending some time in jail, the situation is much more nuanced than commonly believed. The widely-held narrative is that he shot a fleeing man who he then falsely accused of having taken his taser, which he then planted near the body. In actuality, a careful analysis of the cleaned up video shows the victim did indeed grab the officer's taser, but then threw it behind the officer and started fleeing when the officer reached for his firearm. After the shooting, the officer retrieved the taser and initially planted it near the victim but picked it up 30 seconds later (probably because he noticed there were witnesses). This isn't speculation, it's pretty conclusive from this short CBC documentary:



Given those facts, it's reasonable to believe the officer did at least momentarily fear for his life. The fact he continued shooting a fleeing man even past the point a taser represented a threat was then the problem. I think this pretty clearly falls under manslaughter at worst, not murder. This evidence was present at the first trial (for murder), and is the main reason it resulted in a hung jury, not racism. What's scary in this case is that almost everybody reached a conclusion right away and after that it was "don't confuse me with evidence, I know what I know". The federal civil rights case gave him a murder 2 equivalent sentence, which based on these facts is a travesty.

InfraRedBucket
.
.
Posts: 1438
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:30 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#7405

Post by InfraRedBucket » Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:04 am

The replies to this....see how long it stays up or if it gets deleted.

Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 12370
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#7406

Post by Matt Cavanaugh » Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:17 am

Hunt wrote: ... my preference isn't open to factual analysis .... many citizens are under the impression....
FEELZ B4 REALZ

... there is evidence that cops can operate other than the American way. In fact, European cops are less lethal in the double digit rates:

https://theconversation.com/why-do-amer ... cops-49696
A tendentious polemic, from a White Guilt SJW advocate of restorative justice , comprised mostly of argument by assertion, but also riddled with egregious factual errors and omissions of fact.

Of the former, Hirschfield claims “a prevailing American ideology of individualism and limited government” is behind police force-use rates, an unfalsifiable and vacuous just-so story.

Hirschfield first claims that “[r]acism helps explain why African Americans and Native Americans are particularly vulnerable to police violence (sic), but omits that lawful police use of force vs. those groups is proportionate to the level of crime commission by those groups. He then admits that racism can’t explain why police shootings are just as high or higher in states “where both perpetrators and victims of deadly force are almost always white….”

As his prime example of “a pattern of unnecessary deadly force used by US police”, Hirschfield highlights the case of a cop emptying his magazine into Laquan McDonald, claiming this would not happen if only US police first issued warnings. He omits every salient a few minor details, such as: McDonald was wandering the streets high on PCP, behaving erratically, vandalizing cars, and brandishing a knife at passersby; the cops had been following McDonald for blocks calling for him to drop the knife; they continued to verbally warn him even after he’d slashed the tires of a couple of police cars; McDonald repeatedly brandished the knife at the cops and lunged at them; an instant before being shot, McDonald again lunged at the cops cautiously approaching him.

So, yes, 16 rounds was excessive; 4 would’ve sufficed.


But what really shows Hirschfield has his head lodged deep up his own ass is his gross distortion of the Michael Brown cases:
… the unfounded fear of Darren Wilson – the former Ferguson cop who fatally shot Michael Brown – that Brown was armed would not have likely absolved him in Europe….. Six shots would likely be deemed disproportionate to the threat that Brown, unarmed and wounded, allegedly posed.
Wilson twice issued verbal warnings to Brown, and only fired after the 300 lb. thug charged him, slammed him against the police cruiser, and attempted to take his pistol. Wilson appropriately fired repeatedly until Brown stopped his attack, and 6 rounds seems about right given the situation and Brown’s bulk. The DOJ agreed in its exhaustive investigation of the case.

It's American exceptionalism, the knee jerk tendency to think that what works in American doesn't have to conform to, or be informed by, other standards (because we're so speeecial) that consigns us to a particular type of retardation.
I get it. You and Hirschfield want the US to have a national police force, suitably castrated, like in tiny crime-free countries like Denmark and Finland. But the USA is not anything like Denmark or Finland. Bottom line, the reasons cops kill more perps in the US is because in the US we have more perps to kill. Now, this little self-loathing dickless wonder believes that’s because we weren’t nice enough to unruly black students in school, driving them to a life of crime, so the remedy is to be nice to them after they commit crimes — i.e., “more generous, supportive and therapeutic policies”. But that’s a discussion for another day.


Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 12370
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#7408

Post by Matt Cavanaugh » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:23 am

Pitchguest wrote: I speculate. I gather that their police training is either inadequate or that standards what makes a good police officer are inadequate. Either way, I think there ought to be some scrutiny.
Police academy training is generally 6 months, with a prerequisite of an associate's degree, (bachelor's for federal positions), typically in criminal justice. Then followed by 6-12 months probation on-the-job training, with on-going, periodic training throughout one's career.

I'd heartily support more extensive training standards or more selective profiling of candidates. But the existence of some bad eggs -- unsurprisingly highlighted in social media -- is no indication that poor training or incompetence is pervasive among LEO.

***
me wrote: In what percentage of LEO-civilian interactions does the cop 'go overboard'?
I don't know. But if the statistics say 500 officer related shootings per year, and the amount of shootings by officers that are not justified number, say, fifty or more, then you can do the math.
Okay, that's 500 OIS p/a for 100,000 total LEO and uncounted millions of interactions. Last time I checked the WaPo database I counted only 2 to 3 dozen OIS p/a that didn't involve either an ongoing crime or a perp wielding a deadly weapon. And some of those 'unarmed' individuals were carrying 'toy guns', i.e., replica airsoft guns, like the 1911 pistol replica (top, real below) that Tamir Rice drew and aimed at the cop:

tamir_rice_gun.jpg
(57.5 KiB) Downloaded 166 times

Here's my $6 airsoft 1911:
My_1911_Airsoft.jpg
(1.22 MiB) Downloaded 168 times

It's not quite full-scale, but is metal and without the orange muzzle could easily be mistaken for one of the SIG 1911 compacts.

me wrote:It all happens in an instant and you keep shooting until the perp is down. Anyone who doesn't fire at least three rounds in quick succession should not wield a handgun.
Come on, mate. This is such an 'internet tough guy' line. :snooty:
No, seriously. It'd be madness to take a shot, stop and take a peek to assess your handiwork, rinse, repeat while the perp waits patiently.

No one should draw their weapon unless they are fully prepared to fire, and no one should fire unless they are fully prepared to kill. Four shots is about right, maybe two with a shotgun. No one should own a firearm who can't do either.

Driftless
.
.
Posts: 264
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:13 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#7409

Post by Driftless » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:37 am

Maybe this is police propaganda, but I think it shows that what you say you would do when you are behind the keyboard might not be what you do in the heat of the moment:


Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 12370
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#7410

Post by Matt Cavanaugh » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:44 am

jugheadnaut wrote: While this was clearly a bad shoot and the officer involved should be spending some time in jail, the situation is much more nuanced than commonly believed. The widely-held narrative is that he shot a fleeing man who he then falsely accused of having taken his taser, which he then planted near the body. In actuality, a careful analysis of the cleaned up video shows the victim did indeed grab the officer's taser, but then threw it behind the officer and started fleeing when the officer reached for his firearm....

Given those facts, it's reasonable to believe the officer did at least momentarily fear for his life. The fact he continued shooting a fleeing man even past the point a taser represented a threat was then the problem. I think this pretty clearly falls under manslaughter at worst, not murder.
QFT.

There was also an outstanding warrant for Scott. It's believed Scott fled because he'd be arrested again for being $40K behind in child support.

When cops helped Richard Allen Davis get his car out of a ditch and sent him on his merry way, Polly Klaas was inside his trunk. If someone flees a traffic stop, there's never a good reason.

Your chances of getting killed by cops are reduced significantly if you:
* Don't flee the scene;
* Don't violently resist arrest;
* Don't brandish weapons at them;
* Don't attempt to wrest their weapons away from them.

Nah, who am I kidding? It's because: racism.

Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 12370
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#7411

Post by Matt Cavanaugh » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:58 am

Hunt wrote: Alameda isn't SF. It's Alameda.
My folks live in Alameda, and it was indeed an unusual 93º yesterday.

Anyway, what kind of stupid fuck doesn't know that, if you say "San Francisco" when in the Bay Area, you mean the city of San Francisco (a.k.a. 'The Cih-Tayyy'), not the entire Bay Area? Oh, right, some willfully ignorant skank originally from Jersey.

Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 12370
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#7412

Post by Matt Cavanaugh » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:55 am

Driftless wrote: Maybe this is police propaganda, but I think it shows that what you say you would do when you are behind the keyboard might not be what you do in the heat of the moment:

A few more training exercises (I won't imbed but definitely watch):

xhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5-aCrI05uU

xhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdShxTsk5Gc

xhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ai_gZsxTi_4

xhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdShxTsk5Gc



A recent real-life OIS:
xhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAdgZIDnu_s

Fucking idiot get pulled over for doing 95, refuses to turn off car, then draws a gun from the glove compartment. Even after, sheriff still issues several verbal warnings before I count three shots.

KiwiInOz
.
.
Posts: 4876
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:28 pm
Location: Brisbane
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#7413

Post by KiwiInOz » Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:17 pm

Hunt wrote:
Pitchguest wrote: Yeah, I don't usually use this word but yikes! I had my doubts when I found out Greta is the daughter of a famous actress/singer/eco-activist but that speech is just... unhinged.
People are just not used to an impassioned speech.
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Hey, let's make a severely mentally-ill child our world spokesperson for climate change action. That'll win over the folks we've failed to so far!
The wingtardery here is getting a little thick of late. Might be time for me to check out.
[/quote]

I'm tending to agree with you on this. Like Brian, she actively claims not to be the Messiah and doesn't want to be the face of anything. I doubt that her parents have forced her to do anything, but of course she has been influenced by the discussions they have had.

Why don't they get a scientist or someone else to speak more authoritatively? Where the fuck have you been (not you, Hunt). People and institutions with authoritative voices have been putting it out there for decades. David Attenborough has just said the same things that she has, for fucks sake, and hasn't been piled on.

Of course she was impassioned. There has been plenty of hot air but fuck all progress from our political leaders on an issue with profound implications for the world we live in. She and the rest of the youth have a very valid stake in that.

Fuck you (not you, Hunt).

Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 12370
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#7414

Post by Matt Cavanaugh » Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:23 pm

Hunt wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Hey, let's make a severely mentally-ill child our world spokesperson for climate change action. That'll win over the folks we've failed to so far!
Pitchguest wrote: Yeah, I don't usually use this word but yikes! I had my doubts when I found out Greta is the daughter of a famous actress/singer/eco-activist but that speech is just... unhinged.
The wingtardery here is getting a little thick of late. Might be time for me to check out.
If you think our disappointment in activists' failure to effectively persuade others to combat climate change = 'wingtardery', then yeah, maybe you should flounce off to the safe confines of some SJW echo chamber.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead
Posts: 3954
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:08 am
Location: Lurking in a dumpster
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#7415

Post by Bhurzum » Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:29 pm

KiwiInOz wrote: Fuck you (not you, Hunt).
Buy me dinner and a case of hard-twat* and I might consider it.

Erm...you are female, right? :think:

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead
Posts: 3954
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:08 am
Location: Lurking in a dumpster
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#7416

Post by Bhurzum » Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:36 pm

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: If you think our disappointment in activists' failure to effectively persuade others to combat climate change = 'wingtardery', then yeah, maybe you should flounce off to the safe confines of some SJW echo chamber.


http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2 ... er-Gif.gif

KiwiInOz
.
.
Posts: 4876
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:28 pm
Location: Brisbane
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#7417

Post by KiwiInOz » Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:40 pm

Bhurzum wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote: Fuck you (not you, Hunt).
Buy me dinner and a case of hard-twat* and I might consider it.

Erm...you are female, right? :think:
You're the one in the skirt, bitch.

Ok, kebab and a pint it is then.

Hunt
.
.
Posts: 3058
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:04 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#7418

Post by Hunt » Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:34 pm

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: As his prime example of “a pattern of unnecessary deadly force used by US police”, Hirschfield highlights the case of a cop emptying his magazine into Laquan McDonald, claiming this would not happen if only US police first issued warnings. He omits every salient a few minor details, such as: McDonald was wandering the streets high on PCP, behaving erratically, vandalizing cars, and brandishing a knife at passersby; the cops had been following McDonald for blocks calling for him to drop the knife; they continued to verbally warn him even after he’d slashed the tires of a couple of police cars; McDonald repeatedly brandished the knife at the cops and lunged at them; an instant before being shot, McDonald again lunged at the cops cautiously approaching him.


Whoa Nellie. You feeling alright there, John Wayne? Maybe you need to go on a trail ride, breathe some fresh mountain air and clear your head.


Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 12370
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#7420

Post by Matt Cavanaugh » Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:47 pm

Hunt wrote: Whoa Nellie. You feeling alright there, John Wayne? Maybe you need to go on a trail ride, breathe some fresh mountain air and clear your head.
What, you still hangin round this alt-right site? Bummer ThinkProgress shut down, but there's always Daily Kos.

Before you leave, though, one last question: based on your personal experience with firearms (and/or from serving in the military, since you reject Burzhum's opinion), what is the appropriate number of shots to fire when confronted with a dangerous individual?

Is it safe to assume that you'd find the number of rounds discharged in these instances "egregious"?






Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 12370
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#7421

Post by Matt Cavanaugh » Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:49 pm

Oh, and as for hopped up Laquan McDonald, I reckon they should've just lassoed him, amirite, hoss?


Keating
.
.
Posts: 1925
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:18 pm
Location: South of anteater guy
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#7423

Post by Keating » Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:56 pm

KiwiInOz wrote: I'm tending to agree with you on this. Like Brian, she actively claims not to be the Messiah and doesn't want to be the face of anything. I doubt that her parents have forced her to do anything, but of course she has been influenced by the discussions they have had.

Why don't they get a scientist or someone else to speak more authoritatively? Where the fuck have you been (not you, Hunt). People and institutions with authoritative voices have been putting it out there for decades. David Attenborough has just said the same things that she has, for fucks sake, and hasn't been piled on.

Of course she was impassioned. There has been plenty of hot air but fuck all progress from our political leaders on an issue with profound implications for the world we live in. She and the rest of the youth have a very valid stake in that.

Fuck you (not you, Hunt).
The biggest problem I see is that all the noise is about just saying "something must be done!". I'm reminded of that line from Yes, Minister:


What are the concrete plans that should be done? From the ACT:

[*]Banning single use plastic bags in supermarkets? It's not clear that's a net reduction, given the much higher costs involved in making the tougher reusable bags, everyone has switched to.
[*]Introducing a bottle deposit scheme? From my research, recycling of aluminium cans and plastic drink bottles was about the only profitable part of kerbside recycling. Most of the rest goes to landfill (now that it can't be dumped in China). Now that a deposit scheme has been introduced, there is absolutely no money in kerbside recycling and everything is going to landfill. (Plus, there's also now people who go through your yellow bin looking for bottles and leaving a mess.)
[*]Build a tram? It's standard government white elephant, with the usual corruption. Plus, the bus transport network has been destroyed to try and force people onto the trams, but the side effect is that a lot of people switched back to cars.
[*]Rooftop solar rebates? It's fairly obvious in Canberra that this is nothing but middle class welfare. It's easy to see that well off suburbs almost all have solar panels, whereas the poorer suburbs don't.
[*]I'm not sold on large lithium ion battery farms, which the ACT government is looking at. Lithium mining and refining is fairly costly in terms of environmental impact, and they don't last very long.

Larger scale, all of modern civilisation runs on cheap energy. Everything is solvable and doable with cheap energy. It's the reason there's far fewer people in extreme poverty today than any other time in history. Wealthy people are also more likely to care about their environment because their base needs have already been met. For Australia, we should have started building nuclear reactors 10 years ago.

Clarence
.
.
Posts: 2085
Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 5:40 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#7424

Post by Clarence » Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:54 pm

https://legalinsurrection.com/2019/09/v ... ont-shoot/


Another one for the "Cops Don't have Dangerous Jobs" crowd to armchair quarterback.


Hunt
.
.
Posts: 3058
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:04 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#7426

Post by Hunt » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:17 pm

jugheadnaut wrote: While this was clearly a bad shoot and the officer involved should be spending some time in jail, the situation is much more nuanced than commonly believed. The widely-held narrative is that he shot a fleeing man who he then falsely accused of having taken his taser, which he then planted near the body. In actuality, a careful analysis of the cleaned up video shows the victim did indeed grab the officer's taser, but then threw it behind the officer and started fleeing when the officer reached for his firearm. After the shooting, the officer retrieved the taser and initially planted it near the victim but picked it up 30 seconds later (probably because he noticed there were witnesses). This isn't speculation, it's pretty conclusive from this short CBC documentary:




Given those facts, it's reasonable to believe the officer did at least momentarily fear for his life. The fact he continued shooting a fleeing man even past the point a taser represented a threat was then the problem. I think this pretty clearly falls under manslaughter at worst, not murder. This evidence was present at the first trial (for murder), and is the main reason it resulted in a hung jury, not racism. What's scary in this case is that almost everybody reached a conclusion right away and after that it was "don't confuse me with evidence, I know what I know". The federal civil rights case gave him a murder 2 equivalent sentence, which based on these facts is a travesty.
I think this is an utterly nonsensical interpretation for reasons I'll get to in a moment. However, I'm one of those truly bleeding of bleeding heart libs who doesn't believe in severe sentencing. Sorry to confirm Matt "Duke" Cavanaugh's suspicions of me, but it's Scandinavian model all the way for me. So 20 years may well be a travesty. Rehabilitate, reform, educate and sensitize, perhaps even a schmuck like Slager might make a decent citizen in five or six years.

Now, as to the "feared for his life" narrative in this case. I'll point out that Slager's first shot came at the point Scott is twenty feet away from him and running at full tilt. There is a definite pause while Slager aims and then lets fly the first bullet. What was going through his mind at this point? Suspicion that Scott was going to pivot on his feet, running full out, and fire a taser dart at him? Not buying it. Second, the taser had already been fired. You can clearly see the wire hanging off Slager's arm. For the life of me, I can't determine the type of taser used by Slager, but if it was single shot, that would kind of neutralize the threat posed by the taser.

If we can come to some kind of consensus regarding police shooting, or defensive shooting in general, perhaps it might be that shooting a fleeing subject is kind of not cool?

To be honest, I never made much of Slager's rearrangement of the taser location. Perhaps he was manipulating evidence, perhaps not. I don't think it's all that important considering the objective facts.

Hunt
.
.
Posts: 3058
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:04 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#7427

Post by Hunt » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:32 pm

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Is it safe to assume that you'd find the number of rounds discharged in these instances "egregious"?
First, maybe, second a definite yes. Dirty Harry wannabe shooting through windshield and then spraying bullets all around the neighborhood. You consider this good policing. Have you gone completely off your rocker?

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead
Posts: 3954
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:08 am
Location: Lurking in a dumpster
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#7428

Post by Bhurzum » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:40 pm

Hunt wrote: If we can come to some kind of consensus regarding police shooting, or defensive shooting in general, perhaps it might be that shooting a fleeing subject is kind of not cool?
Perhaps it's my terrible written English (thick cunt) or poor powers of expression? My point has always been focused upon events after the decision to employ lethal force has been made. I'm also firmly in the camp that insists upon personal responsibility and accountability for all actions taken.

If I decide to shoot you, I'm going to make damn sure you hit the bricks with zero chance of you returning fire. It's my call, I'll answer for my actions and if my peers decide I'm wrong, I'll accept my punishment.

Shooting someone in the back? That's a pretty bad call (off the battlefield) but would be entirely down to the individual who pulled the trigger. If the perp had a weapon and had previously opened/returned fire, I'd probably put half a dozen into the fucker. Other than that, it's a really hard sell.

Anyway, it's a shitty subject, clearly divisive and not conducive to 'pit harmony.

Here, forget gun violence, look at these tits!

http://www.uk-wildlife.co.uk/wp-content ... tus-13.jpg

Phwooar!

Hunt
.
.
Posts: 3058
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:04 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#7429

Post by Hunt » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:45 pm

Trick question, how many shots required here:




Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead
Posts: 3954
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:08 am
Location: Lurking in a dumpster
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#7430

Post by Bhurzum » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:46 pm

Hunt wrote: Have you gone completely off your rocker?
Are you mental health shaming Matt?


Hunt
.
.
Posts: 3058
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:04 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#7431

Post by Hunt » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:07 am

Bhurzum wrote: Anyway, it's a shitty subject, clearly divisive and not conducive to 'pit harmony.
It is a shitty subject. Life can't always be guns and roses.

Hunt
.
.
Posts: 3058
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:04 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#7432

Post by Hunt » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:10 am

Bhurzum wrote: Are you mental health shaming Matt?
Not at all. I just think he needs a nap.

And perhaps some quality time on Brokeback Mountain.

Hunt
.
.
Posts: 3058
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:04 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#7433

Post by Hunt » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:13 am

Due to global warming, this has been upgraded to November Hurricane.


Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead
Posts: 3954
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:08 am
Location: Lurking in a dumpster
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#7434

Post by Bhurzum » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:21 am

Hunt wrote: Not at all. I just think he needs a nap.

And perhaps some quality time on Brokeback Mountain.
Am I allowed to laugh at that or would it be evidence of my rampant (flaming?) homophobia?

Hunt
.
.
Posts: 3058
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:04 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#7435

Post by Hunt » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:28 am

Bhurzum wrote:
Hunt wrote: Not at all. I just think he needs a nap.

And perhaps some quality time on Brokeback Mountain.
Am I allowed to laugh at that or would it be evidence of my rampant (flaming?) homophobia?
And here Matt thinks I'm an SJW. HA!



HA!

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead
Posts: 3954
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:08 am
Location: Lurking in a dumpster
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#7436

Post by Bhurzum » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:52 am

Just blundered onto this wee nugget of info - a complete track listing of the music on the "golden record" sent into space aboard the Voyager probe.

https://voyager.jpl.nasa.gov/golden-rec ... ord/music/

A very broad mix. Anyway, thought some of you peeps might be interested.

(Yes, I was on an Edda Moser binge when I spotted the link!)

ThreeFlangedJavis
.
.
Posts: 1330
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:13 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#7437

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis » Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:09 am

KiwiInOz wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:17 pm
Hunt wrote:
Pitchguest wrote: Yeah, I don't usually use this word but yikes! I had my doubts when I found out Greta is the daughter of a famous actress/singer/eco-activist but that speech is just... unhinged.
People are just not used to an impassioned speech.
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Hey, let's make a severely mentally-ill child our world spokesperson for climate change action. That'll win over the folks we've failed to so far!
The wingtardery here is getting a little thick of late. Might be time for me to check out.
I'm tending to agree with you on this. Like Brian, she actively claims not to be the Messiah and doesn't want to be the face of anything. I doubt that her parents have forced her to do anything, but of course she has been influenced by the discussions they have had.

Why don't they get a scientist or someone else to speak more authoritatively? Where the fuck have you been (not you, Hunt). People and institutions with authoritative voices have been putting it out there for decades. David Attenborough has just said the same things that she has, for fucks sake, and hasn't been piled on.

Of course she was impassioned. There has been plenty of hot air but fuck all progress from our political leaders on an issue with profound implications for the world we live in. She and the rest of the youth have a very valid stake in that.

Fuck you (not you, Hunt).
[/quote]

Still no reason to play right into the hands of interests that want to delay action. She is a kid spouting hyperbole, and people generally don't take their opinions on scientific issues from kiddies. One of the downsides of "populist" revolts, which I think are a net positive, is that a big chunk of the populace is very skeptical of anything "establishment". Not being scientists themselves, they don't understand the silliness of the conspiracy theories and at a time when the political left is looking at every issue as an extreme moral dichotomy it isn't helpful to have an emotional kid slinging moral judgements over a cause favoured by the left. TBH I don't think half of the screaming idiots on the left care about AGW anyway, it is just another excuse for spittle-flecked invective.

I don't have much time for children bitching about previous generations either. Whatever the fucked up political state we are in right now, we are standing on the shoulders of previous generations who performed miracles in getting us to where we are today and those fossil fuels were part of it.

The question of whether one should defer to scientific consensus is a thornier issue than some admit. What would you say to someone trying to convince you of the validity of some of the BS coming out of Anthropology? You might be able to see the difference between the the "hard" and "softer" sciences, but most people can't and so you need a slightly more convincing argument than "it's the consensus".

ThreeFlangedJavis
.
.
Posts: 1330
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:13 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#7438

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis » Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:26 am

Keating wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:56 pm
KiwiInOz wrote: I'm tending to agree with you on this. Like Brian, she actively claims not to be the Messiah and doesn't want to be the face of anything. I doubt that her parents have forced her to do anything, but of course she has been influenced by the discussions they have had.

Why don't they get a scientist or someone else to speak more authoritatively? Where the fuck have you been (not you, Hunt). People and institutions with authoritative voices have been putting it out there for decades. David Attenborough has just said the same things that she has, for fucks sake, and hasn't been piled on.

Of course she was impassioned. There has been plenty of hot air but fuck all progress from our political leaders on an issue with profound implications for the world we live in. She and the rest of the youth have a very valid stake in that.

Fuck you (not you, Hunt).
The biggest problem I see is that all the noise is about just saying "something must be done!". I'm reminded of that line from Yes, Minister:


What are the concrete plans that should be done? From the ACT:

[*]Banning single use plastic bags in supermarkets? It's not clear that's a net reduction, given the much higher costs involved in making the tougher reusable bags, everyone has switched to.
[*]Introducing a bottle deposit scheme? From my research, recycling of aluminium cans and plastic drink bottles was about the only profitable part of kerbside recycling. Most of the rest goes to landfill (now that it can't be dumped in China). Now that a deposit scheme has been introduced, there is absolutely no money in kerbside recycling and everything is going to landfill. (Plus, there's also now people who go through your yellow bin looking for bottles and leaving a mess.)
[*]Build a tram? It's standard government white elephant, with the usual corruption. Plus, the bus transport network has been destroyed to try and force people onto the trams, but the side effect is that a lot of people switched back to cars.
[*]Rooftop solar rebates? It's fairly obvious in Canberra that this is nothing but middle class welfare. It's easy to see that well off suburbs almost all have solar panels, whereas the poorer suburbs don't.
[*]I'm not sold on large lithium ion battery farms, which the ACT government is looking at. Lithium mining and refining is fairly costly in terms of environmental impact, and they don't last very long.

Larger scale, all of modern civilisation runs on cheap energy. Everything is solvable and doable with cheap energy. It's the reason there's far fewer people in extreme poverty today than any other time in history. Wealthy people are also more likely to care about their environment because their base needs have already been met. For Australia, we should have started building nuclear reactors 10 years ago.
The first thing that should be done is for governments to spend more resources actually figuring out what can be done and encouraging private enterprise to come up with solutions. It isn't as if there aren't things that can be done now anyway. Look at Potholer's video on conservative solutions to climate change. He actually mentions some of the things that were done in Australia which worked. Trouble is that there are people with a vested interest in ensuring that nothing is ever tried. It's the will that's lacking. The current tack of delayers, which is to acknowledge AGW but claim it isn't as bad as you think, is the most effective strategy yet because it makes it much easier for people to ignore AGW with a clear conscience and that makes it much harder for governments to act with conviction.

Hunt
.
.
Posts: 3058
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:04 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#7439

Post by Hunt » Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:01 am

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: I don't have much time for children bitching about previous generations either.
That's the entire point. Children aren't supposed to tell adults they're abject failures. Exactly why Thunberg has gotten attention and a thousand cerebral lectures have garnered a collective yawn. Adults talk down to children; children don't talk down to adults; it's an alarming table turn.

Service Dog
.
.
Posts: 4541
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:52 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#7440

Post by Service Dog » Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:21 am

:happy-smileyinthebox: Confirmed: at 18m20s, David Silverman uses Richard Carrier's full name, Carrier "not man enough" to call Beth Pressman "a slut".


Post Reply