Page 62 of 90

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:37 pm
by Matt Cavanaugh
MarcusAu wrote: I see that the BBC Radio 4 currently has an audio documentary up about Christopher Hitchens.
I recently introduced my GF to Hitchens videos and she thinks he's awesome and was binging on them. Then she found out he's dead at got mad at me.

Yes, she's led a sheltered life. I got her at an orphanage.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:49 pm
by HunnyBunny
Notre Dame hot takes via Rolling Stone:



Noting that "The number of Muslims in France is also growing, comprising more than 5% of the population" while pointing out "Any rebuilding should be a reflection not of an old France, or the France that never was — a non-secular, white European France — but a reflection of the France of today, a France that is currently in the making." ...what could they be thinking for what should sit atop the new spire?? :whistle:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:12 pm
by Brive1987
HunnyBunny wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:49 pm
Notre Dame hot takes via Rolling Stone:

ht..tps://twitter.com/RollingStone/status/1118243142686388232?s=20

Noting that "The number of Muslims in France is also growing, comprising more than 5% of the population" while pointing out "Any rebuilding should be a reflection not of an old France, or the France that never was — a non-secular, white European France — but a reflection of the France of today, a France that is currently in the making." ...what could they be thinking for what should sit atop the new spire?? :whistle:
Fuck that Islamist BS. They need to fly the official civic-national flag.

http://i.imgur.com/QbGSjxT.jpg

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:38 am
by Brive1987
HuffPo opens up a fresh front - there is only war ...

Far-Right Activists Are Taking Their Message To Gen Z On TikTok
The video-sharing app has let hate speech flourish as a growing number of users, many of them young, flock to TikTok.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/entry ... aab08da0d3

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:05 am
by Brive1987

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:11 am
by Parody Accountant
SM1957 wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:19 am


Pro tip - take a drum and bang the drum in the faces of Millwall supporters.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PhlwcHMZWg

Did he say something racist and sexist at the end?

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:52 am
by shoutinghorse
Fighting climate change through the medium of dance. ... As you do. :D


Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:38 am
by Bhurzum
shoutinghorse wrote: Fighting climate change through the medium of dance. ... As you do. :D
Beck knows the score...



Fucking hippy vermin.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:52 am
by InfraRedBucket
Just. fuck. off


Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:55 am
by Bhurzum
"Impotent rage" and "delusions of adequacy" personified:



"I won't stand for it" :lol:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:04 am
by InfraRedBucket
Bhurzum wrote: "Impotent rage" and "delusions of adequacy" personified:



"I won't stand for it" :lol:
He'd obviously forgotten to glue himself to the seat. Though Boulton is a drunk twat as well.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:46 am
by Hunt
InfraRedBucket wrote: Just. fuck. off

I never thought of it, but now it's obvious that black print on white paper is racist!

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:07 am
by shoutinghorse
Hunt wrote:
InfraRedBucket wrote: Just. fuck. off

I never thought of it, but now it's obvious that black print on white paper is racist!
But look at all that brown.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:17 am
by InfraRedBucket
Hunt wrote:
InfraRedBucket wrote: Just. fuck. off

I never thought of it, but now it's obvious that black print on white paper is racist!
- who needs Titania with this stuff around?
Apparently 2017 is "way back" , how old is she ? 7?
In 2017 (yea this goes way back), for a white AF conference, I shared an AirBnB with Vani Natarajan, an amazing librarian of color whose thinking continues to push me and who I respect and admire so much (she was able to convince her library to send their student workers to the Joint Council of Librarians of Color conference – she’s a real one), and we had some really interesting discussions where I learned a lot. One of the mind-blowing things she shared was this idea of how our library collections, because they are written mostly by straight white men, are a physical manifestation of white men ideas taking up all the space in our library stacks. Pause here and think about this.
If you don’t already know, “whiteness as property,” is a seminal Critical Race Theory (CRT) concept first introduced by Cheryl I. Harris in her 1993 Harvard Law Review article by the same name. She writes, “slavery as a system of property facilitated the merger of white identity and property” (p. 1721) and the formation of whiteness as property required the erasure of Native peoples. Basically, white people want to stay being white because of the privilege and protection whiteness affords under the law that they created. Harris also makes this really good point, “whiteness and property share a common premise — a conceptual nucleus — of a right to exclude” (1714). Bam! That really hits it on the head.
This is the original article (not a parody)

https://sleung.wordpress.com/2019/04/15 ... llections/

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:22 am
by Brive1987
InfraRedBucket wrote:
Hunt wrote:
InfraRedBucket wrote: Just. fuck. off

.https..://twitter.com/LibraryJournal/status/1118232615847329802
I never thought of it, but now it's obvious that black print on white paper is racist!
- who needs Titania with this stuff around?
Apparently 2017 is "way back" , how old is she ? 7?
In 2017 (yea this goes way back), for a white AF conference, I shared an AirBnB with Vani Natarajan, an amazing librarian of color whose thinking continues to push me and who I respect and admire so much (she was able to convince her library to send their student workers to the Joint Council of Librarians of Color conference – she’s a real one), and we had some really interesting discussions where I learned a lot. One of the mind-blowing things she shared was this idea of how our library collections, because they are written mostly by straight white men, are a physical manifestation of white men ideas taking up all the space in our library stacks. Pause here and think about this.
If you don’t already know, “whiteness as property,” is a seminal Critical Race Theory (CRT) concept first introduced by Cheryl I. Harris in her 1993 Harvard Law Review article by the same name. She writes, “slavery as a system of property facilitated the merger of white identity and property” (p. 1721) and the formation of whiteness as property required the erasure of Native peoples. Basically, white people want to stay being white because of the privilege and protection whiteness affords under the law that they created. Harris also makes this really good point, “whiteness and property share a common premise — a conceptual nucleus — of a right to exclude” (1714). Bam! That really hits it on the head.
This is the original article (not a parody)

https://sleung.wordpress.com/2019/04/15 ... llections/
There has also been an under-reported outbreak of racial war in the world of American Classical Scholars

https://www.insidehighered.com/news/201 ... lassicists

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:23 am
by Hunt

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:40 am
by Lsuoma
InfraRedBucket wrote: Just. fuck. off

And the vast majority of books are printed on white paper.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:41 am
by Lsuoma
:nin: :nin:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:20 am
by shoutinghorse
Lsuoma wrote:
And the vast majority of books are printed on white paper.
Time to introduce night mode.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:19 am
by InfraRedBucket
Whatever you do, don't ask in the library to borrow the Yellow Pages to look up the nearest Chinese Takeaway.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:45 am
by Pitchguest
InfraRedBucket wrote: Whatever you do, don't ask in the library to borrow the Yellow Pages to look up the nearest Chinese Takeaway.
:lol:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:23 am
by Pitchguest
By the way, when Ubisoft made Assassin's Creed Unity, they took thousands of picture and video on the inside and outside of Notre Dame in order to make a virtually identical 3d rendering of the cathedral. They're now handing that material over to the people in charge of rebuilding. I think that's pretty cool.

On the other hand, I would feel more at ease with the project if Macron hadn't just announced a contest for the design of the main spire.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:25 am
by Lsuoma
Pitchguest wrote: By the way, when Ubisoft made Assassin's Creed Unity, they took thousands of picture and video on the inside and outside of Notre Dame in order to make a virtually identical 3d rendering of the cathedral. They're now handing that material over to the people in charge of rebuilding. I think that's pretty cool.

On the other hand, I would feel more at ease with the project if Macron hadn't just announced a contest for the design of the main spire.
See my comment about Louvrish pyramids...

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:56 am
by MarcusAu
All you need is Louvre...

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:06 am
by Suet Cardigan
Lsuoma wrote:
Pitchguest wrote: By the way, when Ubisoft made Assassin's Creed Unity, they took thousands of picture and video on the inside and outside of Notre Dame in order to make a virtually identical 3d rendering of the cathedral. They're now handing that material over to the people in charge of rebuilding. I think that's pretty cool.

On the other hand, I would feel more at ease with the project if Macron hadn't just announced a contest for the design of the main spire.
See my comment about Louvrish pyramids...
Clive James said it best:


Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:24 pm
by CommanderTuvok
MarcusAu wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:51 pm
I see that the BBC Radio 4 currently has an audio documentary up about Christopher Hitchens.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m00045t1

BugMeNot has usernames & passwords for BBC.com - but if anyone has tips on the best way to download it as an mp3 - let me know.
There is a programme called Get_Iplayer. I use it a lot. It is old-fashioned command-line/DOS (Windows shell) based. It works well.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:12 pm
by TheMudbrooker
Trump might have to build that wall a smidge higher, turns out some of those Mexicans can flyhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6hpw4rbBrA
Side note: This guy has the greatest channel on Youtube.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:23 pm
by Brive1987
PZ’s gonna PZ ....
Every few years, I pick up and reread The Book of The New Sun, because it is amazingly well-written, subtle, clever, and deep. Wolfe was a phenomenal writer, while Tolkien was a plodder who tapped into a well of mythology and told fairy tales. It is a tragic injustice that Wolfe was ranked third after that guy.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:38 pm
by BoxNDox
Lsuoma wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:13 pm
screwtape wrote:
Bhurzum wrote: When the flame eats through the plastic and releases the fuel under pressure...well, I'm sure you can imagine the hilarity. I've been hit on the side of the head by one of these "mini RPG" attacks (it's a common prank in Army bars) and can confirm that it's extremely amusing. Not as funny as the classic "powdered CS tablet in the ashtray" gag (no pun!) but still worth a laugh.

Note: I'm in no way responsible for the results of anyone trying this jape. On your own head be it!
Talking of which, some of you may have been lucky enough to live in a time or place so unregulated you could buy ammonia and iodine crystals. Mix them together and the slurry that precipitates is nitrogen tri-iodide, which is safe when wet, but after drying is so unstable that simply looking at it will make it detonate. My father showed me how to do that, leaving it to dry on a sheet of paper in the sun. When a fly would land on it - crack! It seems that when he was in the RE '39-'46 he painted some on the door handle of a sergeants' mess. Bloody lucky the victim kept his fingers, but I guess they were all a lot more comfortable around explosives at the time.
Yeah, doing a PhD in chemistry allowed all sorts of fun like that. we used to take sticks of potassium, 2.5 x 2.5 cm coss-section, about 20 cm long, and throw them in the harbour at Bristol. Lead azide was another fun one to make, as was TNG and TNE (think TNT-like).

I'm surprised I survived - we used to get blitzed on a Friday or Saturday, and then do lab work!

:o :o :o
And now you know why bench chemists have a lower life expectancy than average: They're fucking insane.

(Apologies if I've told these stories before...)

Back when I was doing this stuff I needed a substantial quantity of anhydrous diethyl ether - for some Grignard reactions, if memory serves. Ether absorbs water like crazy - from the air even, so the usual way to make it is to put lumps of metallic sodium in regular lab ether.

I ended up with a bunch of lye coated sodium scrap. No problem - you neutralize it first with alcohol, then slowly add water, then send it down the drain.

The professor I was working with - whose name, believe it or not, was Zinc - came in as I was doing this. He told me I was wasting alcohol, grabbed all the remaining sodium and dumped it directly in the water. Where of course it exploded. When the clothes I was wearing came out of the dryer they were riddled with thousands of small holes where tiny fragments of sodium had landed and stuck. Kind of a neat look, actually.

In regards to ammonium triiodide, I had a pair of "chemist" roommates who were into that stuff. They decided that since tincture of iodine and household ammonia was cool, iodine crystals and 10 molar lab ammonia would be even cooler. And made enough to half fill a 500ML beaker. And left it in the sun. I came in, saw it was sort of turning over on its own, and decided it had to go. I carefully carried it into the bathroom and alternated pouring a little into the sink with running the water. I had almost all of down when I made the mistake of swirling the water in the sink. The resulting explosion was strong enough to crack the sink and blow the mixture into the light fixtures on the other side of the bathroom. I was covered with it, of course - thankfully I was wearing glasses at the time. It took hours to clean up - every bit of grout had to be scraped to get rid of the brownish purple stains.

The good news is after the skin on my face finished peeling I didn't have acne for almost a year. And hey, I'm sure they got the molarity computation right. These things matter, right?

Chemists. Geez.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:45 pm
by Bhurzum
BoxNDox wrote: And now you know why bench chemists have a lower life expectancy than average: They're fucking insane.

(Apologies if I've told these stories before...)<snip>
Brilliant.

I'm kinda jealous that I didn't get to do shit like that - it sounds like a blast!

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:31 pm
by Lsuoma
BoxNDox wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:13 pm
screwtape wrote:
Bhurzum wrote: When the flame eats through the plastic and releases the fuel under pressure...well, I'm sure you can imagine the hilarity. I've been hit on the side of the head by one of these "mini RPG" attacks (it's a common prank in Army bars) and can confirm that it's extremely amusing. Not as funny as the classic "powdered CS tablet in the ashtray" gag (no pun!) but still worth a laugh.

Note: I'm in no way responsible for the results of anyone trying this jape. On your own head be it!
Talking of which, some of you may have been lucky enough to live in a time or place so unregulated you could buy ammonia and iodine crystals. Mix them together and the slurry that precipitates is nitrogen tri-iodide, which is safe when wet, but after drying is so unstable that simply looking at it will make it detonate. My father showed me how to do that, leaving it to dry on a sheet of paper in the sun. When a fly would land on it - crack! It seems that when he was in the RE '39-'46 he painted some on the door handle of a sergeants' mess. Bloody lucky the victim kept his fingers, but I guess they were all a lot more comfortable around explosives at the time.
Yeah, doing a PhD in chemistry allowed all sorts of fun like that. we used to take sticks of potassium, 2.5 x 2.5 cm coss-section, about 20 cm long, and throw them in the harbour at Bristol. Lead azide was another fun one to make, as was TNG and TNE (think TNT-like).

I'm surprised I survived - we used to get blitzed on a Friday or Saturday, and then do lab work!

:o :o :o
And now you know why bench chemists have a lower life expectancy than average: They're fucking insane.

(Apologies if I've told these stories before...)

Back when I was doing this stuff I needed a substantial quantity of anhydrous diethyl ether - for some Grignard reactions, if memory serves. Ether absorbs water like crazy - from the air even, so the usual way to make it is to put lumps of metallic sodium in regular lab ether.

I ended up with a bunch of lye coated sodium scrap. No problem - you neutralize it first with alcohol, then slowly add water, then send it down the drain.

The professor I was working with - whose name, believe it or not, was Zinc - came in as I was doing this. He told me I was wasting alcohol, grabbed all the remaining sodium and dumped it directly in the water. Where of course it exploded. When the clothes I was wearing came out of the dryer they were riddled with thousands of small holes where tiny fragments of sodium had landed and stuck. Kind of a neat look, actually.

In regards to ammonium triiodide, I had a pair of "chemist" roommates who were into that stuff. They decided that since tincture of iodine and household ammonia was cool, iodine crystals and 10 molar lab ammonia would be even cooler. And made enough to half fill a 500ML beaker. And left it in the sun. I came in, saw it was sort of turning over on its own, and decided it had to go. I carefully carried it into the bathroom and alternated pouring a little into the sink with running the water. I had almost all of down when I made the mistake of swirling the water in the sink. The resulting explosion was strong enough to crack the sink and blow the mixture into the light fixtures on the other side of the bathroom. I was covered with it, of course - thankfully I was wearing glasses at the time. It took hours to clean up - every bit of grout had to be scraped to get rid of the brownish purple stains.

The good news is after the skin on my face finished peeling I didn't have acne for almost a year. And hey, I'm sure they got the molarity computation right. These things matter, right?

Chemists. Geez.
Heh. A few more of my favourites:

1. I was once trying to make phenanthrenequinone from phenanthrene (it was for an early experiment on directed synthesis of catenanes for my dissertation). That involved basically boiling phenanthrene in excess concentrated sulphuric acid. I was very glad I got the fume hood closed before that exploded. I had scaled up the quantities and hadn't allowed for the increased enthalpy properly.

2. Leaky hydrogen cylinder. Normally gases cool when they expand from a pressurized cylinder. Not hydrogen - it has a negative Joule-Thomson coefficient. This means that a leaking hydrogen cylinder rapidly turns into a raging hydrogen fire. I closed that one off by wrapping some dry ice in a towel, and holding it against the leak while someone tightened the regulator properly.

3. The last one wasn't physically threatening, but legally. A fellow student called Grace Bennie (not the real name), who was studying physical chemistry asked me, as an OChem major, to help with a reaction. Extremely simple - condense a substituted benzaldehyde with nitromethane, then reduce with LiAlH4 (lithal). Easy peasy. What the fucker didn't tell me was that the aldehyde was 3,4,5-trimethoxybenzaldehyde, they had found in the lab store of one Prof J. McOmie, who used to do research on neuroactive compounds. Final product was 1-amino-2-((3,4,5-trimethoxy)-phenyl)ethane. Otherwise known as mescaline. The fucker had me help them synthesize about 100g of 100% pure class A psychoactive drug. That's the sort of thing you do REAL gaol time for, as in 15-25 years.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:36 pm
by Lsuoma
Oh, and another thing that's fun is an "ether flashover". Diethyl ether is very volatile. Diethyl ether vapor is heavier than air. Diethyl ether vapor is extremely flammable (or inflammable, take yer pick). If you're not careful the lab between the benches can fill with diethyl ether vapor without being too noticeable. All it takes is one spark, and it sounds like the biggest dog in the world going "woof!"

Luckily, it tends to be quick and not too dangerous, but it's scary as fuck.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:08 pm
by Lsuoma
BoxNDox wrote: Ether absorbs water like crazy - from the air even, so the usual way to make it is to put lumps of metallic sodium in regular lab ether
We did that in grammar school. Cut up little piece of elemental sodium. When you get to uni, all the cool kids use a sodium press to make wire: https://www.rotationsverdampfer.com/en_ ... resses.htm

We did a Grignard too in grammar school, in order to make ethyl magnesium bromide, prior to making tetraethyl lead. We also made ferrocene, and since we had an agreement with our local college, who had a 60MHz NMR, we could see the effect of ring-whizzing. This was one of things that made me a chemist.

At that time, we never used to separate chlorinated and non-chlorinated waste, and one time we had a whole bunch of winchesters with waste solvent to dispose of. Being idiot upper sixth-formers we decided to burn it. We put it in large flat metal trays in the science block quad, and set fire to it. Unfortunately, the doors back into the building from the quad were locked, and we had to break a window to get out of the quad that rapidly filled with heavier-than-air, toxic-as-fuck, partially burned organix solvents.

Other fun reminiscences from grammar school:

1. Benzene (class A carcinogen) - no restrictions on use: our teacher used to wash his hands in it.
2. Carbon tet. Ditto

Shouters will prolly recognize the name of the school - The Math School, Joe Willies, or Sir Joseph Williamson's Mathematical High School for the posh.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:12 pm
by Matt Cavanaugh
Brive1987 wrote: PZ’s gonna PZ ....
Every few years, I pick up and reread The Book of The New Sun, because it is amazingly well-written, subtle, clever, and deep. Wolfe was a phenomenal writer, while Tolkien was a plodder who tapped into a well of mythology and told fairy tales. It is a tragic injustice that Wolfe was ranked third after that guy.
Had to look that one up:
The tetralogy chronicles the journey of Severian, a disgraced journeyman torturer who is exiled .... Severian claims to have a "perfect memory", but at multiple occasions admits leaving out details and confides in the readers that he may be insane, making him an unreliable narrator.
I can't for the life of me figure out what in that story might resonate with Peez.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:58 pm
by Brive1987
I am having a disturbingly active discussion on Twitter as to whether God dumped the roof of Notre Dame onto the Vatican II alter (to demonstrate His concern with the modern liturgy.).



Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:59 pm
by Brive1987
Better there than here.

I guess.

:bjarte:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:37 am
by Brive1987
Haters gonna hate.


Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:42 am
by Bhurzum
You know that cliché about Brits having dodgy choppers?



Yeah, it's not looking good.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:48 am
by Brive1987
#metoo


Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:49 am
by MarcusAu
Brive1987 wrote: Better there than here.

I guess.

:bjarte:
These Roman (catholic)'s are crazy.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:53 am
by Bhurzum
MarcusAu wrote: These Roman (catholic)'s are crazy.
My inner child just sat bolt-upright.

;)

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:06 am
by Pseudomonas

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:23 am
by Brive1987
Doesn’t look like all our dinkum goat-fuckers got the civic-nationalist memo.
Two Muslim brothers who claim Australian law does not apply to them have been fined $100,000 for contempt of court.
Mustapha and Diaa Kara-Ali reportedly laughed when the judge handed down the punishment today in Sydney’s Land and Environment Court, after they were compelled to appear for felling trees on a northwest Sydney property without council permission.

The brothers had tried to argue that the Islamic organisation they ran, Diwan Al Dawla, was exempt from Australian law on religious grounds.

They failed in their bid and were fined $100,000 for what a judge called a “flagrant” breach of a court order to stop construction works to build a Muslim religious centre on their rural property in Colo.
They and their business were convicted on 12 charges of contempt of court.

A furious Mustapha Kara-Ali left the Court on Thursday saying: “Our religion is prime, the cross belongs in the dustbin of history.”
https://www.news.com.au/national/nsw-ac ... c6f017cbaf

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:22 am
by Kirbmarc
Brive1987 wrote: Doesn’t look like all our dinkum goat-fuckers got the civic-nationalist memo.
Two Muslim brothers who claim Australian law does not apply to them have been fined $100,000 for contempt of court.
Mustapha and Diaa Kara-Ali reportedly laughed when the judge handed down the punishment today in Sydney’s Land and Environment Court, after they were compelled to appear for felling trees on a northwest Sydney property without council permission.

The brothers had tried to argue that the Islamic organisation they ran, Diwan Al Dawla, was exempt from Australian law on religious grounds.

They failed in their bid and were fined $100,000 for what a judge called a “flagrant” breach of a court order to stop construction works to build a Muslim religious centre on their rural property in Colo.
They and their business were convicted on 12 charges of contempt of court.

A furious Mustapha Kara-Ali left the Court on Thursday saying: “Our religion is prime, the cross belongs in the dustbin of history.”
https://www.news.com.au/national/nsw-ac ... c6f017cbaf
Being theocratic idiots is costing them a lot of money. Not a very smart plan on their part.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:49 am
by screwtape
TheMudbrooker wrote: Trump might have to build that wall a smidge higher, turns out some of those Mexicans can flyhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6hpw4rbBrA
Side note: This guy has the greatest channel on Youtube.
If you don't know about the Football War, you'll be fascinated to know that in 1969 there was a conflict in which Chance-Vought Corsairs fought against North American Mustangs. The Corsairs won.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:58 am
by screwtape
Lsuoma wrote: ...The fucker had me help them synthesize about 100g of 100% pure class A psychoactive drug. That's the sort of thing you do REAL gaol time for, as in 15-25 years.
In 1975 I had a summer job between lower and upper sixth, at a laboratory attached to a sewage works serving a population of 200,000. London drank our effluent the next day, so the lab was needed for quality control. There was an assistant chemist there who had a great idea for a pop festival that was coming to a disused airfield nearby - he would grow lots of weed on the 'storm land' (used as a huge holding area for times of heavy rainfall, so rather fertile). This was to be processed in my lab ovens used for drying the filter papers for my suspended solids tests, packed in plastic bags that our rubber gloves came in and sold at the festival, at which we had to monitor the dozens of portapotties provided by the water authority. He offered me one of those bags as payment for my work, but as a pure and innocent 17 year old I declined. I was much more interested in all the naked people.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:08 am
by screwtape
Lsuoma wrote: Oh, and another thing that's fun is an "ether flashover". Diethyl ether is very volatile. Diethyl ether vapor is heavier than air. Diethyl ether vapor is extremely flammable (or inflammable, take yer pick). If you're not careful the lab between the benches can fill with diethyl ether vapor without being too noticeable. All it takes is one spark, and it sounds like the biggest dog in the world going "woof!"

Luckily, it tends to be quick and not too dangerous, but it's scary as fuck.
When I first moved to the backwoods, I was alarmed to learn that the old doc here routinely etherized his obstetric patients at term and then pulled out their babies using high forceps, all done for his convenience so he could sleep at night. Not only was ether frowned upon (it's a pretty easy to use anesthetic, but tends to cause vomiting in the unconscious recipient, and that's not a good thing. You also dare not use electrocautery when it's in the room as it will make a room-sized fuel-air bomb), but high forceps ('high' meaning applied to a head that is not yet engaged in the pelvic outlet) had been abandoned in the rest of the world as a dangerous and indefensible practice. Explained the large number of brain-damaged kids scissoring their way around town though.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:15 am
by InfraRedBucket
Risky chemical experiments?
I once used bleach AND toilet cleaner on a particularly smelly persistent poo , does that count?

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:20 am
by SM1957
InfraRedBucket wrote: Risky chemical experiments?
I once used bleach AND toilet cleaner on a particularly smelly persistent poo , does that count?
Best to visit the bathroom first before using bleach and toilet cleaner on your poo.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:28 am
by Service Dog
InfraRedBucket wrote:
.... One of the mind-blowing things she shared was this idea of how our library collections, because they are written mostly by straight white men, are a physical manifestation of white men ideas taking up all the space in our library stacks. Pause here and think about this.
If you don’t already know, “whiteness as property,” is a seminal Critical Race Theory (CRT) concept first introduced by Cheryl I. Harris in her 1993 Harvard Law Review article by the same name. She writes, “slavery as a system of property facilitated the merger of white identity and property” (p. 1721) and the formation of whiteness as property required the erasure of Native peoples. Basically, white people want to stay being white because of the privilege and protection whiteness affords under the law that they created. Harris also makes this really good point, “whiteness and property share a common premise — a conceptual nucleus — of a right to exclude” (1714). Bam! That really hits it on the head.
One thing I learned from a column by historian George H. Smith/ which was also a 'Excursions in Libertarian Thought' podcast...

Is that the US founding fathers & their UK philosopher contemporaries... used the word 'property' differently than we do now.
Their usage was like, "I have property in a stray cat, I feed it every day." 'Property' included a dedication to something, not mere material ownership.

Learning that, I realized that feminists and Critical Race Theory types-- are very happy to make claims about those Old Straight White Dudes bad bad views on 'property'... but the SJWs superimpose current assumptions about what the word 'property' means/ rather than place the word in the context of how the Old White Dudes used it.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:22 am
by CaptainFluffyBunny
[quote=Brive1987 post_id=488753 time= user_id=876]
I am having a disturbingly active discussion on Twitter as to whether God dumped the roof of Notre Dame onto the Vatican II alter (to demonstrate His concern with the modern liturgy.).



[/quote]
Either you're serious, extremely plausible given your recent religious conversion, or..
[attachment=0]db0.jpg[/attachment]

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:39 am
by Lsuoma
InfraRedBucket wrote: Risky chemical experiments?
I once used bleach AND toilet cleaner on a particularly smelly persistent poo , does that count?
There's only one thing you should never use on shit:


Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:10 am
by Brive1987
screwtape wrote:
Lsuoma wrote: ...The fucker had me help them synthesize about 100g of 100% pure class A psychoactive drug. That's the sort of thing you do REAL gaol time for, as in 15-25 years.
In 1975 I had a summer job between lower and upper sixth ....
Haha haha

We had an upper and lower sixth, an S Form and a Remove A and B.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:36 am
by InfraRedBucket
SM1957 wrote:
InfraRedBucket wrote: Risky chemical experiments?
I once used bleach AND toilet cleaner on a particularly smelly persistent poo , does that count?
Best to visit the bathroom first before using bleach and toilet cleaner on your poo.
Who said it was my poo?

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:05 am
by TheMudbrooker
screwtape wrote:
TheMudbrooker wrote: Trump might have to build that wall a smidge higher, turns out some of those Mexicans can flyhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6hpw4rbBrA
Side note: This guy has the greatest channel on Youtube.
If you don't know about the Football War, you'll be fascinated to know that in 1969 there was a conflict in which Chance-Vought Corsairs fought against North American Mustangs. The Corsairs won.
Corsairs were the only American piston-engined fighters that stayed in production after WWII. They were fantastic ground attack planes and were used into the late fifties and (I might be wrong) the early days of the Vietnam war.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:16 am
by Bhurzum
Internet archfiend & shitlord, Metokur, posts a video about that Star Wars fan.

(Pro-tip: take a shot every time Metokur says "soy")



:popcorn:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:36 am
by Matt Cavanaugh
In junior high, I did a science report on American Cyanamide. They had a plant in my hometown, so I contacted them. I got a private tour, a ton of their glossy brochures and the annual report. I got an A on the report, but also a lot of crap cuz AC was supposedly evil, and chemicals in general were evil. This was the 70s. Of course, AC did later get in trouble for poisoning a river or something.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:42 am
by Matt Cavanaugh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6hpw4rbBrA

Looks like a Thud D. The dad of a college GF flew those in the war. He said they were easy to handle, rugged as hell, but it was drilled into their heads to never exceed a certain angle of dive, or you'd never pull out with that honking nose.

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:51 pm
by TheMudbrooker
A lovely photo to commemorate the occasion.

https://www.weau.com/content/news/Gales ... 68011.html

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:56 pm
by Brive1987


:popcorn: