You is all a bunch of poofs!

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit
Posts: 10919
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:58 pm
Location: Punggye-ri
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#13921

Post by Lsuoma »

Oh, and something for the Spunky Monkey:

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-54436575

MarcusAu
.
.
Posts: 7407
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:49 am
Location: Llareggub
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#13922

Post by MarcusAu »

Here's your PSA for today...


MarcusAu
.
.
Posts: 7407
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:49 am
Location: Llareggub
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#13923

Post by MarcusAu »

Also enjoyed this recent podcast with a doctor talking about palliative care...



Thought I suppose anyone calling themselves 'BJ' is likely to make a good first impression.

Driftless
.
.
Posts: 510
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:13 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#13924

Post by Driftless »

jugheadnaut wrote:
Driftless wrote:
But the deaths per capita in Sweden are 10x Norway and Denmark. I also saw that the economic hit in Denmark was in the same ballpark as Sweden. So Sweden had similar economic hit for 10x the death rate.
The Swedish approach by design was going to have more cases and unavoidably more deaths to get to the herd immunity threshold. The death rate was about 10x Norway but 5x Denmark. It's also about 34% less than Belgium, and 20% less than Spain or the UK (all of which had heavy lockdowns, and a current case and death rate much higher than Sweden), so a lot of criticism of the Swedish approach is based on cherry picking. It's ludicrous to think just comparisons with geographic neighbours is a conclusive argument. There are actually many reasons why Sweden differs from the other Nordic countries other in ways where more deaths were expected. Here's a paper that looks at 15 of them.

Both Denmark and Sweden have very trade dependent economies, so a certain amount of GDP loss in each was baked in. Norway has a petrodollar based economy, so it was partially shielded, though not entirely because of the fall in the price of oil. A lot of the economic damage from lockdowns is medium and longer term, so the comparison has not played out entirely yet. Economic loss is only one negative consequence of locking down, there are also additional deaths due to lockdown and quality of life factors. It's foolish to put the downsides of lockdown all in the economic bucket.

For another comparison here's Sweden vs Illinois, which may seem kind of a random, but they are similar is population, density, and rural/urban distribution.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EiMswxiXgAE ... ame=medium
Well anywhere in the US will be worse than just about any other country in the world.

How about Sweden vs. South Korea?

Taking a step back, I think the point of lockdowns/masks is to get the number of cases down to a level where testing and contact tracing can keep the virus under control. Some countries seem to have done this and some countries have not. Part may be how early they started doing testing and tracing or how soon they had lockdowns. In the US we did not start testing until way too late, and then did not test enough to find all cases, did not have lockdowns until too late and lifted them too soon. The lockdowns are not supposed to go on forever, just long enough to get the number of cases manageable by testing and contact tracing. If you start early enough it doesn't take long. The other issue is overflow of ICU beds and hospital resources. We have had this in some states and countries. That's what flatten the curve is all about.


Service Dog
.
.
Posts: 5391
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:52 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#13926

Post by Service Dog »

Trump: *removes mask*

Jews: "Hitler" did nothing wrong.



Mask Nazis: Hitler-hitler did nothing wrong.


Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 13133
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#13928

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

MarcusAu wrote: Here's your PSA for today...

:nin:

John D
.
.
Posts: 4843
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:23 am
Location: Detroit, MI. USA
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#13929

Post by John D »

New feature at Disney World's Negroland". Random people walking by just punch you in the head. Fun for the whole family.... "Disney's....New... Attraction.... Nergoland"

Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 13133
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#13930

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

The Great Barrington Declaration
As infectious disease epidemiologists and public health scientists we have grave concerns about the damaging physical and mental health impacts of the prevailing COVID-19 policies, and recommend an approach we call Focused Protection.

Coming from both the left and right, and around the world, we have devoted our careers to protecting people. Current lockdown policies are producing devastating effects on short and long-term public health. The results (to name a few) include lower childhood vaccination rates, worsening cardiovascular disease outcomes, fewer cancer screenings and deteriorating mental health – leading to greater excess mortality in years to come, with the working class and younger members of society carrying the heaviest burden. Keeping students out of school is a grave injustice.

Keeping these measures in place until a vaccine is available will cause irreparable damage, with the underprivileged disproportionately harmed.

Fortunately, our understanding of the virus is growing. We know that vulnerability to death from COVID-19 is more than a thousand-fold higher in the old and infirm than the young. Indeed, for children, COVID-19 is less dangerous than many other harms, including influenza.

As immunity builds in the population, the risk of infection to all – including the vulnerable – falls. We know that all populations will eventually reach herd immunity – i.e. the point at which the rate of new infections is stable – and that this can be assisted by (but is not dependent upon) a vaccine. Our goal should therefore be to minimize mortality and social harm until we reach herd immunity.

The most compassionate approach that balances the risks and benefits of reaching herd immunity, is to allow those who are at minimal risk of death to live their lives normally to build up immunity to the virus through natural infection, while better protecting those who are at highest risk. We call this Focused Protection.

Adopting measures to protect the vulnerable should be the central aim of public health responses to COVID-19. By way of example, nursing homes should use staff with acquired immunity and perform frequent PCR testing of other staff and all visitors. Staff rotation should be minimized. Retired people living at home should have groceries and other essentials delivered to their home. When possible, they should meet family members outside rather than inside. A comprehensive and detailed list of measures, including approaches to multi-generational households, can be implemented, and is well within the scope and capability of public health professionals.

Those who are not vulnerable should immediately be allowed to resume life as normal. Simple hygiene measures, such as hand washing and staying home when sick should be practiced by everyone to reduce the herd immunity threshold. Schools and universities should be open for in-person teaching. Extracurricular activities, such as sports, should be resumed. Young low-risk adults should work normally, rather than from home. Restaurants and other businesses should open. Arts, music, sport and other cultural activities should resume. People who are more at risk may participate if they wish, while society as a whole enjoys the protection conferred upon the vulnerable by those who have built up herd immunity.

Driftless
.
.
Posts: 510
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:13 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#13931

Post by Driftless »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: The Great Barrington Declaration
As infectious disease epidemiologists and public health scientists we have grave concerns about the damaging physical and mental health impacts of the prevailing COVID-19 policies, and recommend an approach we call Focused Protection.

Coming from both the left and right, and around the world, we have devoted our careers to protecting people. Current lockdown policies are producing devastating effects on short and long-term public health. The results (to name a few) include lower childhood vaccination rates, worsening cardiovascular disease outcomes, fewer cancer screenings and deteriorating mental health – leading to greater excess mortality in years to come, with the working class and younger members of society carrying the heaviest burden. Keeping students out of school is a grave injustice.

Keeping these measures in place until a vaccine is available will cause irreparable damage, with the underprivileged disproportionately harmed.

Fortunately, our understanding of the virus is growing. We know that vulnerability to death from COVID-19 is more than a thousand-fold higher in the old and infirm than the young. Indeed, for children, COVID-19 is less dangerous than many other harms, including influenza.

As immunity builds in the population, the risk of infection to all – including the vulnerable – falls. We know that all populations will eventually reach herd immunity – i.e. the point at which the rate of new infections is stable – and that this can be assisted by (but is not dependent upon) a vaccine. Our goal should therefore be to minimize mortality and social harm until we reach herd immunity.

The most compassionate approach that balances the risks and benefits of reaching herd immunity, is to allow those who are at minimal risk of death to live their lives normally to build up immunity to the virus through natural infection, while better protecting those who are at highest risk. We call this Focused Protection.

Adopting measures to protect the vulnerable should be the central aim of public health responses to COVID-19. By way of example, nursing homes should use staff with acquired immunity and perform frequent PCR testing of other staff and all visitors. Staff rotation should be minimized. Retired people living at home should have groceries and other essentials delivered to their home. When possible, they should meet family members outside rather than inside. A comprehensive and detailed list of measures, including approaches to multi-generational households, can be implemented, and is well within the scope and capability of public health professionals.

Those who are not vulnerable should immediately be allowed to resume life as normal. Simple hygiene measures, such as hand washing and staying home when sick should be practiced by everyone to reduce the herd immunity threshold. Schools and universities should be open for in-person teaching. Extracurricular activities, such as sports, should be resumed. Young low-risk adults should work normally, rather than from home. Restaurants and other businesses should open. Arts, music, sport and other cultural activities should resume. People who are more at risk may participate if they wish, while society as a whole enjoys the protection conferred upon the vulnerable by those who have built up herd immunity.
Since it is just old people getting sick should we even consider opening overflow facilities? What's wrong with just pushing them out of existing hospitals on to the street? This has to be expensive:

https://madison.com/wsj/news/local/heal ... -top-story

Service Dog
.
.
Posts: 5391
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:52 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#13932

Post by Service Dog »

On October 4, 2020, this declaration was authored and signed in Great Barrington, United States, by:

Dr. Martin Kulldorff, professor of medicine at Harvard University, a biostatistician, and epidemiologist with expertise in detecting and monitoring of infectious disease outbreaks and vaccine safety evaluations.

Dr. Sunetra Gupta, professor at Oxford University, an epidemiologist with expertise in immunology, vaccine development, and mathematical modeling of infectious diseases.

Service Dog
.
.
Posts: 5391
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:52 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#13933

Post by Service Dog »

Dr. Jay Bhattacharya, professor at Stanford University Medical School, a physician, epidemiologist, health economist, and public health policy expert focusing on infectious diseases and vulnerable populations.

Service Dog
.
.
Posts: 5391
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:52 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#13934

Post by Service Dog »

Prof. Sucharit Bhakdi, em. Professor of Medical Microbiology, University of Mainz, GermanyDr. Rajiv Bhatia, MD, MPH, Physician with the VA, epidemiology, health equity practice, and health impact assessment of public policy, USA Prof. Stephen Bremner,Professor of Medical Statistics, Brighton and Sussex Medical School, University of Sussex, UK Prof. Anthony J Brookes, Department of Genetics & Genome Biology, University of Leicester, UK Dr. Helen Colhoun, professor of medical informatics and epidemiology, and public health physician, with expertise in risk prediction, University of Edinburgh, UK Prof. Angus Dalgleish, MD, FRCP, FRACP, FRCPath, FMedSci, Department of Oncology, St. George’s, University of London, UK Dr. Sylvia Fogel, autism expert and psychiatrist at Massachusetts General Hospital and instructor at Harvard Medical School, USA. Dr. Eitan Friedman, MD, PhD. Founder and Director, The Susanne Levy Gertner Oncogenetics Unit, The Danek Gertner Institute of Human Genetics, Chaim Sheba Medical Center and Professor of Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine and Depertment of Human Genetics and Biochemistry, Tel-Aviv University, Israel Dr. Uri Gavish, an expert in algorithm analysis and a biomedical consultant Prof. Motti Gerlic, Department of Clinical Microbiology and Immunology, Tel Aviv University, Israel Dr. Gabriela Gomes, professor, a mathematician focussing on population dynamics, evolutionary theory and infectious disease epidemiology. University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK Prof. Mike Hulme, professor of human geography, University of Cambridge, UK Dr. Michael Jackson, PhD is an ecologist and research fellow at the University of Canterbury, New Zealand. Dr. David Katz, MD, MPH, President, True Health Initiative and the Founder and Former Director of the Yale University Prevention Research Center, USA Dr. Andrius Kavaliunas, epidemiologist and assistant professor at Karolinska Institute, Sweden Dr. Laura Lazzeroni, PhD., biostatistician and data scientist, professor of psychiatry and behavioral sciences and of biomedical data science. Stanford University Medical School, USA Prof. David Livermore, Professor, microbiologist with expertise in disease epidemiology, antibiotic resistance and rapid diagnostics. University of Dr. Michael Levitt, PhD is a biophysicist and a professor of structural biology. Dr. Levitt received the 2013 Nobel Prize in Chemistry for the development of multiscale models for complex chemical systems. Stanford University, USA

Service Dog
.
.
Posts: 5391
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:52 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#13935

Post by Service Dog »

Dr. Jonas Ludvigsson, pediatrician, epidemiologist and professor at Karolinska Institute and senior physician at Örebro University Hospital, Sweden.

Dr. Paul McKeigue, professor of epidemiology and public health physician, with expertise in statistical modelling of disease. University of Edinburgh, UK

Dr. Cody Meissner, professor of pediatrics, expert on vaccine development, efficacy and safety. Tufts University School of Medicine, USA

Prof. Ariel Munitz, Department of Clinical Microbiology and Immunology, Tel Aviv University, Israel

Prof. Yaz Gulnur Muradoglu, Professor of Finance, Director at Behavioural Finance Working Group, School of Business and Management, Queen Mary University of London, UK

Prof. Partha P. Majumder, PhD, FNA, FASc, FNASc, FTWAS National Science Chair, Distinguished Professor and Founder National Institute of Biomedical Genomics, KalyaniEmeritus Professor Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata, India

Prof. Udi Qimron, Chair, Department of Clinical Microbiology and Immunology, Tel Aviv University, Israel

Prof. Matthew Ratcliffe, Professor of Philosophy specializing in philosophy of mental health, University of York, UK

Dr. Mario Recker, Associate Professor in Applied Mathematics at the Centre for Mathematics and the Environment, University of Exeter, UK

Dr. Eyal Shahar, MD professor (emeritus) of public health, physician, epidemiologist, with expertise in causal and statistical inference. University of Arizona, USA

Prof. Karol Sikora MA, PhD, MBBChir, FRCP, FRCR, FFPM, Medical Director of Rutherford Health, Oncologist, & Dean of Medicine, UK

Dr. Matthew Strauss, critical care physician and assistant professor of medicine, Queen’s University, Canada

Dr. Rodney Sturdivant, PhD. associate professor of biostatistics. Director of the Baylor Statistical Consulting Center. Focus on infectious disease spread and diagnosis. Baylor University, USA

Dr. Simon Thornley, PhD, epidemiologist, biostatistics and epidemiological analysis, communicable and non-communicable diseases. University of Auckland, New Zealand.

Prof. Ellen Townsend, Self-Harm Research Group, University of Nottingham, UK.

Prof. Lisa White, Professor of Modelling and Epidemiology Nuffield Department of Medicine, Oxford University, UK

Prof. Simon Wood, professor, statistician with expertise in statistical methodology, applied statistics and mathematical modelling in biology, University of Edinburgh, UK


Service Dog
.
.
Posts: 5391
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:52 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#13937

Post by Service Dog »

30 minutes into VP debate... It's entirely Trump on trial. No scrutiny of Biden.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit
Posts: 10919
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:58 pm
Location: Punggye-ri
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#13938

Post by Lsuoma »

Service Dog wrote: 30 minutes into VP debate... It's entirely Trump on trial. No scrutiny of Biden.
That's news to me. Mainly because I slipped into catatonia early on.

Service Dog
.
.
Posts: 5391
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:52 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#13939

Post by Service Dog »

the way to stay awake... Realize they are both rival alien shape shifters... Barely maintaining human form.

John D
.
.
Posts: 4843
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:23 am
Location: Detroit, MI. USA
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#13940

Post by John D »

I have a kind of deep dislike for Harris... She slept her way to the top and she is a whore that has nothing in mind except gaining power. A vile disgusting twat

Service Dog
.
.
Posts: 5391
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:52 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#13941

Post by Service Dog »

Fly on pence head!

Service Dog
.
.
Posts: 5391
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:52 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#13942

Post by Service Dog »

Kamala's gimp with his stupid mask.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit
Posts: 10919
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:58 pm
Location: Punggye-ri
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#13943

Post by Lsuoma »

Service Dog wrote: the way to stay awake... Realize they are both rival alien shape shifters... Barely maintaining human form.

Brive1987
.
.
Posts: 17140
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#13944

Post by Brive1987 »

It’s fair to say the enemy is now fully revealed ...


Brive1987
.
.
Posts: 17140
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#13945

Post by Brive1987 »

“Nutrition Twitter has larger balls than most counter-liberal groups”.
Change my mind.

is

KiwiInOz
.
.
Posts: 5200
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:28 pm
Location: Brisbane
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#13946

Post by KiwiInOz »

Service Dog wrote: Dr. Jonas Ludvigsson, pediatrician, epidemiologist and professor at Karolinska Institute and senior physician at Örebro University Hospital, Sweden.

Dr. Paul McKeigue, professor of epidemiology and public health physician, with expertise in statistical modelling of disease. University of Edinburgh, UK

Dr. Cody Meissner, professor of pediatrics, expert on vaccine development, efficacy and safety. Tufts University School of Medicine, USA

Prof. Ariel Munitz, Department of Clinical Microbiology and Immunology, Tel Aviv University, Israel

Prof. Yaz Gulnur Muradoglu, Professor of Finance, Director at Behavioural Finance Working Group, School of Business and Management, Queen Mary University of London, UK

Prof. Partha P. Majumder, PhD, FNA, FASc, FNASc, FTWAS National Science Chair, Distinguished Professor and Founder National Institute of Biomedical Genomics, KalyaniEmeritus Professor Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata, India

Prof. Udi Qimron, Chair, Department of Clinical Microbiology and Immunology, Tel Aviv University, Israel

Prof. Matthew Ratcliffe, Professor of Philosophy specializing in philosophy of mental health, University of York, UK

Dr. Mario Recker, Associate Professor in Applied Mathematics at the Centre for Mathematics and the Environment, University of Exeter, UK

Dr. Eyal Shahar, MD professor (emeritus) of public health, physician, epidemiologist, with expertise in causal and statistical inference. University of Arizona, USA

Prof. Karol Sikora MA, PhD, MBBChir, FRCP, FRCR, FFPM, Medical Director of Rutherford Health, Oncologist, & Dean of Medicine, UK

Dr. Matthew Strauss, critical care physician and assistant professor of medicine, Queen’s University, Canada

Dr. Rodney Sturdivant, PhD. associate professor of biostatistics. Director of the Baylor Statistical Consulting Center. Focus on infectious disease spread and diagnosis. Baylor University, USA

Dr. Simon Thornley, PhD, epidemiologist, biostatistics and epidemiological analysis, communicable and non-communicable diseases. University of Auckland, New Zealand.

Prof. Ellen Townsend, Self-Harm Research Group, University of Nottingham, UK.

Prof. Lisa White, Professor of Modelling and Epidemiology Nuffield Department of Medicine, Oxford University, UK

Prof. Simon Wood, professor, statistician with expertise in statistical methodology, applied statistics and mathematical modelling in biology, University of Edinburgh, UK
Argumentum ab auctoritate.

:naughty:

Service Dog
.
.
Posts: 5391
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:52 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#13947

Post by Service Dog »

So, you concede they are authoritative, then.

KiwiInOz
.
.
Posts: 5200
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:28 pm
Location: Brisbane
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#13948

Post by KiwiInOz »

Service Dog wrote: So, you concede they are authoritative, then.
Je ne concede rien.

screwtape
.
.
Posts: 2567
Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:15 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#13949

Post by screwtape »

Driftless wrote: Since it is just old people getting sick should we even consider opening overflow facilities? What's wrong with just pushing them out of existing hospital windows on to the street?
FTFY. Seems to work for the Russians.

Brive1987
.
.
Posts: 17140
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#13950

Post by Brive1987 »

Fuck me.

On second thoughts. “Back to the wall”.


Driftless
.
.
Posts: 510
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:13 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#13951

Post by Driftless »

screwtape wrote:
Driftless wrote: Since it is just old people getting sick should we even consider opening overflow facilities? What's wrong with just pushing them out of existing hospital windows on to the street?
FTFY. Seems to work for the Russians.
No, that's different, they "fell" out of windows.

Sulman
.
.
Posts: 2024
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:13 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#13952

Post by Sulman »



A couple of morons on Twitter slagging off Dawkins, this in particular caught my eye as a bunch of words saying precisely nothing " Which 'Extremely patient thinkers in Africa', exactly, which 'turns of phrase'?

THere's plently of reasons to dislike Dawkins, but throwin the PoMO charge sheet at his is just retarded.

Service Dog
.
.
Posts: 5391
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:52 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#13953

Post by Service Dog »

This journalist has been crunching the covid numbers. Covid is a pandemic of leaders and experts who can't do math.

This is really worth hearing.



Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 13133
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#13954

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

John D wrote: I have a kind of deep dislike for Harris... She slept her way to the top and she is a whore that has nothing in mind except gaining power. A vile disgusting twat
Do read my post. Her record is ... sadistic.

Kamala's demeanor in the debate led my GF to switch from the B-word to the C-word.

Service Dog
.
.
Posts: 5391
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:52 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#13955

Post by Service Dog »


AndrewV69
.
.
Posts: 8021
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:52 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#13956

Post by AndrewV69 »

In other news :

:o :o :o


& Nicholas answered “Put your excommunication where you put your other goods"
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit
Posts: 10919
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:58 pm
Location: Punggye-ri
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#13957

Post by Lsuoma »

John D wrote: I have a kind of deep dislike for Harris... She slept her way to the top and she is a whore that has nothing in mind except gaining power. A vile disgusting twat
I'm sure she has...

MarcusAu
.
.
Posts: 7407
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:49 am
Location: Llareggub
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#13958

Post by MarcusAu »

I take it that you did not 'trust but verify' on that one.

MarcusAu
.
.
Posts: 7407
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:49 am
Location: Llareggub
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#13959

Post by MarcusAu »

Sulman wrote: THere's plently of reasons to dislike Dawkins, but throwin the PoMO charge sheet at his is just retarded.
People seem to have moved on from 2010. There are brighter stars in the firmament or more salient kernels in the turd.

Besides which - "Someone says something stupid on twitter. News at 11".

Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 13133
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#13960

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

MarcusAu wrote: I take it that you did not 'trust but verify' on that one.
Kamala charges a steep price for the verification process.

screwtape
.
.
Posts: 2567
Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:15 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#13961

Post by screwtape »

Hope you have all taken your Zofran today. Spent an hour and a half with a student Masters social worker on the phone ('calls will be recorded for quality assurance') attempting to appear competent and 'normal' as a successful psychosocial assessment is required for a transplant. After all the necessary stuff about not starving and becoming homeless, and did I have a will and an enduring POA (not a Piece Of A...Ahem), along with an appointed substitute decision maker for "those times when I cannot speak for myself", she ended with introducing us to "Spoon Theory". I was polite and restrained, as the situation required (running Empathy v.2.01β, as I try to do these days). But for recovering ex-Pharyngulites who wondered about their lack of spoons, here is the link forwarded by the charming and well-meaning young woman: https://butyoudontlooksick.com/articles ... on-theory/

Poor child has no idea what she has to deal with here. Dinosaurs from a previous æon, we don't complain, nor accept it 'might take a year before you feel as good as before in terms of fatigue' - we just get on with it. I'll be on top of the world by merely surviving. Fatigue is not a symptom; it is a mode of whining. Suggesting those who cannot understand what I am experiencing will suddenly get it by having me throw spoons at them was actually rather amusing. I refrained from going full Monty Python: "Dessert spoons or tea spoons?" Nor even "Do we have to use hospital spoons or are we encouraged to bring our own spoons so we can feel at home?"

Actually, the poor kid did OK. I would take off one star for the repeated use of my most disliked word in this respect: 'journey'. She did not know I am sworn to kill anyone using that abhorrent word for the experience of cancer treatment. I know, they mean well, and use it to make their experience of talking to the dying easier. But it does get fucking irritating to those who are doing the dying. I did suggest that not only would I prefer not to be pestered by a padre of some stripe, but that said padre would also prefer not to have to meet me. Nonetheless, apparently I must show suitable acceptance of the program's norms by bringing my own bed linen, pillow, comforter and artwork for the room in which I am to be confined for some weeks. I guess that means the hospital cannot afford sheets and blankets any more.

Ha! This is beginning to sound like the memoirs of Paul Frederick Schnellbecher, more fondly known as Queen Pee, Paul Ess, or Da Kween. An old alt.tasteless poster who described his descent into the various hells of care homes, as a very gay, diabetic amputee until his death in 1998. Glub save us all.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit
Posts: 10919
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:58 pm
Location: Punggye-ri
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#13962

Post by Lsuoma »


Pitchguest
.
.
Posts: 3939
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:44 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#13963

Post by Pitchguest »

Aww man, I was gonna say that! :nin:

screwtape wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:58 am
But for recovering ex-Pharyngulites who wondered about their lack of spoons, here is the link forwarded by the charming and well-meaning young woman: https://butyoudontlooksick.com/articles ... on-theory/
Woooow. See, I thought they were going to make some clever analogy about the number of clean spoons you have before you're forced to re-use them and as time passes your ability to clean them is reduced and they get dirtier and dirtier each time but no, just spoons as currency. I guess we must all be "counting [our] spoons" each month, eh, screw?

Good luck in confinement! :handgestures-salute:

Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 13133
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#13964

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Not sure why anyone would waste their time plotting to kidnap Gretchen Whitmer, when all you'd need to do is throw a bucket of water on her.

KiwiInOz
.
.
Posts: 5200
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:28 pm
Location: Brisbane
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#13965

Post by KiwiInOz »

Service Dog wrote: On October 4, 2020, this declaration was authored and signed in Great Barrington, United States, by:

Dr. Martin Kulldorff, professor of medicine at Harvard University, a biostatistician, and epidemiologist with expertise in detecting and monitoring of infectious disease outbreaks and vaccine safety evaluations.

Dr. Sunetra Gupta, professor at Oxford University, an epidemiologist with expertise in immunology, vaccine development, and mathematical modeling of infectious diseases.
It was also signed by Dr Johnny Bananas, Professor Cominic Dummings, and Dale a tu cuerpo alegria Macarena, all well known experts in the field.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead
Posts: 4312
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:08 am
Location: Lurking in a dumpster
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#13966

Post by Bhurzum »

Pitchguest wrote:
Aww man, I was gonna say that! :nin:

screwtape wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:58 am
But for recovering ex-Pharyngulites who wondered about their lack of spoons, here is the link forwarded by the charming and well-meaning young woman: https://butyoudontlooksick.com/articles ... on-theory/
Woooow. See, I thought they were going to make some clever analogy about the number of clean spoons you have before you're forced to re-use them and as time passes your ability to clean them is reduced and they get dirtier and dirtier each time but no, just spoons as currency. I guess we must all be "counting [our] spoons" each month, eh, screw?

Good luck in confinement! :handgestures-salute:
You may NOT publish or re-print this article without the written permission of Christine Miserandino and ButYouDontLookSick.com. Thank you.
https://media.tenor.com/images/56a19559 ... /tenor.gif

Note: I consider it an insult to my backside after forcing it to sit through that festering pile of rancid bullshit.

Brive1987
.
.
Posts: 17140
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#13967

Post by Brive1987 »

They live amongst us.


ThreeFlangedJavis
.
.
Posts: 1537
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:13 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#13968

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Bhurzum wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:16 am
Pitchguest wrote:
Aww man, I was gonna say that! :nin:

screwtape wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:58 am
But for recovering ex-Pharyngulites who wondered about their lack of spoons, here is the link forwarded by the charming and well-meaning young woman: https://butyoudontlooksick.com/articles ... on-theory/
Woooow. See, I thought they were going to make some clever analogy about the number of clean spoons you have before you're forced to re-use them and as time passes your ability to clean them is reduced and they get dirtier and dirtier each time but no, just spoons as currency. I guess we must all be "counting [our] spoons" each month, eh, screw?

Good luck in confinement! :handgestures-salute:
You may NOT publish or re-print this article without the written permission of Christine Miserandino and ButYouDontLookSick.com. Thank you.
https://media.tenor.com/images/56a19559 ... /tenor.gif

Note: I consider it an insult to my backside after forcing it to sit through that festering pile of rancid bullshit.
Little Missy might want to wonder about the all the cutlery these lucky friends voluntarily send her way putting up with the deadweight. Just saying, insensitive bastard that I am. How about the poor sod who pays her to sit in front of a computer nursing her hands?

Driftless
.
.
Posts: 510
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:13 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#13969

Post by Driftless »

Brive1987 wrote: They live amongst us.

At one second in you can see the vulture in the upper right that she is keeping away from the carcass.

Service Dog
.
.
Posts: 5391
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:52 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#13970

Post by Service Dog »


John D
.
.
Posts: 4843
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:23 am
Location: Detroit, MI. USA
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#13971

Post by John D »

Trump 2020

John D
.
.
Posts: 4843
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:23 am
Location: Detroit, MI. USA
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#13972

Post by John D »

In honor of Eddie.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead
Posts: 4312
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:08 am
Location: Lurking in a dumpster
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#13973

Post by Bhurzum »

John D wrote: Trump 2020
On behalf of lefties everywhere, I'll simply post this...

https://i.imgflip.com/23cn64.jpg

KiwiInOz
.
.
Posts: 5200
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:28 pm
Location: Brisbane
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#13974

Post by KiwiInOz »


Brive1987
.
.
Posts: 17140
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#13975

Post by Brive1987 »


screwtape
.
.
Posts: 2567
Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:15 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#13976

Post by screwtape »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: I mean, debate, singular. Dems will find an excuse to cancel the rest.
Half right is better than all wrong. :D I was surprised that Biden managed to appear, simulate, or actually be quite functional. It makes me pretty sure all that obvious facial immobility was Botox.
I read your scary post on Harris. It appears she is more of a traditional politician; scheming, conniving and power-hungry. Gimmicks like identity politics can get you elected, but you don't succeed and get re-elected unless you make life better for the average voter. To go OTT, one imagines a crazy pol being elected on a platform of reparations for all oppressed minorities, but the consequences would mean no second term. Successful politicians are willing to do what the majority of voters want in order to stay in power. Trump got that bit right for a start, but has failed to change in response to the public's mood changing; instead he has stuck with the same script and it doesn't look like it will fly a second time.

Driftless
.
.
Posts: 510
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:13 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#13977

Post by Driftless »

screwtape wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: I mean, debate, singular. Dems will find an excuse to cancel the rest.
Half right is better than all wrong. :D I was surprised that Biden managed to appear, simulate, or actually be quite functional. It makes me pretty sure all that obvious facial immobility was Botox.
I read your scary post on Harris. It appears she is more of a traditional politician; scheming, conniving and power-hungry. Gimmicks like identity politics can get you elected, but you don't succeed and get re-elected unless you make life better for the average voter. To go OTT, one imagines a crazy pol being elected on a platform of reparations for all oppressed minorities, but the consequences would mean no second term. Successful politicians are willing to do what the majority of voters want in order to stay in power. Trump got that bit right for a start, but has failed to change in response to the public's mood changing; instead he has stuck with the same script and it doesn't look like it will fly a second time.
Politics is all about getting elected. Promise whatever you have to to get elected. Thinking a politician means what they say is no different than thinking an actor is the same as the characters they play. For example:


Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 13133
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#13978

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

screwtape wrote: I read your scary post on Harris. It appears she is more of a traditional politician; scheming, conniving and power-hungry.
As a party operative back in the last century, I got up close to plenty of politicians -- both figuratively and literary, as in once holding and umbrella over Walter Mondale's head.

I recognize that nearly all politicians are damaged creatures: narcissists, egomaniacs, with scant scruples and often no moral compasses. Kamala, imo, goes well beyond that typical moded. As I wrote, I firmly believe she is a sociopath. Couple that with the Dems' current zealotry and mob mentality, and their determination to blow up the Republican form of government with its checks and balances that've served our nation so well for two and a half centuries. I fear a Harris presidency will result in a totalitarian, one-party state.

Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 13133
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#13979

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Pretty sure the third debate ain't happening, either:
https://www.foxnews.com/media/nbc-krist ... ontroversy

screwtape
.
.
Posts: 2567
Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:15 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#13980

Post by screwtape »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: I fear a Harris presidency will result in a totalitarian, one-party state.
With all respect to you, Matt, which party is it that is suggesting that the result of the election must be fought as ineligible?

Oddly enough, I probably have a lot more in common with you than with an enthusiast for President Harris. She's not my thing, and nor was Hillary. I'm willing to pinch my nose and vote for the lesser evil up here, where nobody is particularly good at either evil or saintliness. I think I may have said before that the function of a good swing voter is not to vote for what you want, it is to vote out that which has failed.

Post Reply