You is all a bunch of poofs!

Old subthreads
Driftless

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Post by Driftless »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: I can't quite justify a felt Akubra, but I window shop. Traditional cowboy hats look dorky on me, as I have a really big head -- which all you all already knew.
I have an Akubra Cattleman. I wear it anytime I'm outside and it I don't need my ears kept warm. It lasts forever, takes sun/rain and stays on my head in a good wind. I wonder why I didn't get something like that earlier. I never have to worry about getting sunburned on my face or ears or neck. I feel strange working outside without it on. For more formal occasions I have an Akubra Hemp Range.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Latest man in women's prison controversy...from Ireland!

Ophelia Benson is stomping around over this one...so much so that the cobweb has loosened. :?

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Lsuoma wrote: Ol' Trumpo is now saying he has no idea who the PBs are. :liar: :liar: :liar:
As someone once said - "A wise bear always keeps a marmalade sandwich in his hat in case of emergency"

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

MarcusAu wrote: As someone once said - "A wise bear always keeps a marmalade sandwich in his hat in case of emergency"
Now there's a reference!

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ac/7d/6e ... 82d26b.jpg

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Not Sure if this has been posted before, as it's quite dated in the Twitter age. Superb discussion.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

I should add though, I pictured the ghost of Hitchens placing a scotch by Sam's water at times.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Ach, awa' an' bile yir heid, y'wee scunnerous tattie-bogle!

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

A kindred spirit for PZ:

Leftist Prof Calls for Cops To Be Strangled with Intestines of Capitalists, Offers Pathetic Defense of Quote

“I want the entire world to burn until the last cop is strangled with the intestines of the last capitalist, who is strangled in turn with the intestines of the last politician.”
His university defended him:
cf.
MSU Texas releases statement after controversial professor’s statements on Facebook

Jun elaborated:
“I do long to live in a world in which we no longer have cops, which we no longer have capitalists and which we no longer have politicians. Because those are my political beliefs and I own them and I make no apologies for those beliefs.”
Also, he was paraphrasing something Diderot said just before the French Revolution, so calm down, people! Sheesh.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Hunt wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:32 am
fuzzy wrote: It seems especially disingenuous for a slimepitter to pretend that a joking like " grab em by the pussy" spoken in jest to an ostensible friend in a locker room, is some kind of big deal.
Aren't you forgetting something? Like his "base", which includes evangelicals.
You'd think that progressives would be turned off of Biden because he actually grabbed an employee by the pussy against her will instead of just talking about it.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: A kindred spirit for PZ:

Leftist Prof Calls for Cops To Be Strangled with Intestines of Capitalists, Offers Pathetic Defense of Quote

“I want the entire world to burn until the last cop is strangled with the intestines of the last capitalist, who is strangled in turn with the intestines of the last politician.”
His university defended him:
cf.
MSU Texas releases statement after controversial professor’s statements on Facebook

Jun elaborated:
“I do long to live in a world in which we no longer have cops, which we no longer have capitalists and which we no longer have politicians. Because those are my political beliefs and I own them and I make no apologies for those beliefs.”
Also, he was paraphrasing something Diderot said just before the French Revolution, so calm down, people! Sheesh.
You know it's getting bad when radical left professors and their colleges are telling us not to take the professor's statements seriously.

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

Trump has tested positive for COVID-19. If he gets hit hard and is incapacitated, Pence takes over. Pence has been around Trump a lot lately. If he gets a bad case too, the wicked witch of the West will be in charge. FUN TIMES

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Fake News. I heard that the reason Biden and his team wore masks at the debate was so that the democrats could spread covfefe 19 amongst Trumps team.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
That would never work. When Al Bundy threatened to strangle the guy from Friends with his own colon, Bud Bundy capitalized on it, with a $5 wager.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

KiwiInOz wrote: What are the chances of reality being a figment of your imagination?
My assumption is that the internal model I'm creating is based on incomplete and/or inaccurate sensory input, or possibly is completely unfounded as it's all a simulation.

At least that's my subjective view - maybe someone with a more objective outlook can answer your question. Perhaps even the Red King himself.

KiwiInOz wrote: But I have been wondering whether I am too old at 53 to get a pair of Doc Martins.
Just the right time to decide how to grow old disgracefully.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Really? wrote: You know it's getting bad when radical left professors and their colleges are telling us not to take the professor's statements seriously.
Such people should die in a fire.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

mordacious1 wrote: Trump has tested positive for COVID-19. If he gets hit hard and is incapacitated, Pence takes over. Pence has been around Trump a lot lately. If he gets a bad case too, the wicked witch of the West will be in charge. FUN TIMES
I should have known the writers of 2020 would come up with this plot twist.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

More than likely he'll remain asymptomatic or mildly ill. He'd probably already be gravely ill if it was going to hit him hard.

But what do I know. I only play a doctor on TV.

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

Hunt wrote: More than likely he'll remain asymptomatic or mildly ill. He'd probably already be gravely ill if it was going to hit him hard.

But what do I know. I only play a doctor on TV.
Nobody will have fought the virus better than Donald Trump! It will be a record! Just like everything else he has done.

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

Comment on Thuderf00t's latest video. In reference to Trump's Covid-19 test:
The question is: did he take the test himself, or did he pay someone to take it for him?

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Should Trump have an almost asymptomatic case of Covid-19, you get maximal deaths as a result as all assume they will come through just as their hero has. Presumably, his numbers rocket upwards, and he wins the election. Even more coronavirus deaths will result, given his proven incompetence at listening to epidemiological experts.

Should he get really sick (and even I will add a God Forbid here, despite being an atheist), Pence will have to run the re-election campaign. I assume we all agree Pence is incapable himself of, well, actually, anything other than turning off female voters. Maybe Trump gets more sympathy votes, and they will be countered by the votes lost without his Ra-Ra presence.

If he dies, there will be an audible popping sound and his bubble has burst for the last time. Get used to President Harris.

What if Biden was infected by Trump at the debate? Wow. The "continuation of politics by other means." That could get weird.

How legitimate would average Joes regard an election that turned out to be between two vice-presidential candidates? It could happen.

Interesting times, as the Chinese are reputed to have mentioned in some other context. I understand that Trump has, perhaps by accident, done some things good for the American economy. Or maybe he didn't do them, it was just a matter of confidence in the stock market. My distaste for him comes from a different place, and is, perhaps, not easily defended. He strikes me as a not very intelligent person pretending he is smarter than the rest of us. I can easily see he is not - I wouldn't hire him as a receptionist with that amount of brain power and attitude, and thus all he claims to know is suspect. Add to that the various reasons to be more suspicious, such as being in it purely for financial gain, or being supported by Putin for whatever reason Putin might have. I have always found him inadequate as someone I might want to listen to or learn from. I have been completely unable to get my head around the number of smart people who continue to regard him as wonderful; is that just a financial interest, hatred of the left, or simple stupidity?

I will immediately agree that Biden has a very limited future given his rather obvious cognitive difficulties. The entire Democrat machine is both corrupt and set upon a course towards the extreme left that will neither benefit America, nor be conducive to social peace. Yet from this outsider's perspective, that might be preferable to what Trump would do with a second term.

And I have left lots of line breaks for those who wish to destroy me, point by point.

DW Adams

Post by DW Adams »

Looks like there may be even more to the Breonna Taylor story:

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/n ... 883362002/
Records obtained by The Courier Journal and first reported by WDRB show that Louisville police were told before the March 13 raid that no packages "suspicious or otherwise" had been delivered to Glover at Taylor's residence in the months before she was shot and killed by police executing a no-knock search warrant.

And they indicate that Sgt. Jonathan Mattingly, who was shot and wounded during the search, had a larger role in verifying information with the postal inspector's office than previously stated.
Detective may have lied to get search warrant.

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

RE: Pence not being capable.

The Left has hated Pence for a long time for several reasons, including:
A) He is ultra religious.
B) He was anti gay marriage.
3) He’s presents as a stiff.
D) He’s a far right Republican.
E) He refuses to be alone with women, other than his wife.

Blah blah blah. He took over the Coronavirus task force and performed admirably. He seems to be able to get things done without a lot of bluster. And as to E) above, this was prescient genius. He’s the only top level politician who the Left cannot MeToo. Also, he hasn’t stabbed Trump in the back, like others have done. Religious nonsense aside, I kind of like the guy, compared at least to other VPs like Biden.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Is it shitposting if it is true?

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

screwtape wrote: point by point
Your comment was 21 lines in length. Not especially long. But it's rare to see an anti-Trump person offer 21 lines of opinion 'take it or leave it', vulnerable to reply. Usually, it's a handful of lines-- escalating to a rhetorical mushroom cloud-- and 'don't you dare answer me you racist monster!'

I think your Trump/corona scenarios are reasonable guesses. I think you're wrong. (Especially the notion of Trump supporters following him into 'maximal deaths' due to lemming-like emulation of their idol. That's fanciful.)

My guess is based on my post-debate state of mind. I've already bounced-back from my initial disappointment at the new way Trump found-- to make an ass of himself. I think Trump contracting Corona will be a similar momentary-blip, irrelevant in a week.

(My changing opinion of the debate began with the Breitbart analysis that Biden & Matthews interrupted Trump 7 times, before Trump's first interruption. https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020 ... mes-first/ That technical detail doesn't matter because an election IS a court of public opinion, but it matters to me. Also-- some of Matthews' questions, such as the "refusal to condemn white supremacy" were built on blatant lies-- which warranted Trump butting-in to cry foul. That's how Trump deals with unfair questions from the Press Briefing pool, and it's good that he does-so.)

You mention that your view might be difficult to defend. I don't think so. You chose to frame it as 'distaste'. As the saying goes, "“De gustibus non est disputandum". I can't dispute-and-um against your subjective tastes.

I can only point to the tastes of others, no more or less valid than yours. Matt Taibbi wrote an essay-- describing Trump as an archetypal "salesman", hyping up a product in broad fatuous claims. "Tremendous, the best". I think that fits Trump better. You aren't wrong to perceive him as acting 'smarter' than others. But that's just a side-effect of him addressing every topic with a hard sell. He's only claiming to be smarter about whether you should or shouldn't buy the product... Trump thinks you should definitely buy it! You're making a big mistake if you don't!

Yeah, this becomes a problem when his job is to address myriad issues, and he treats them all the same way--- Buy! Buy! Buy! A single home-shopping television pitch is more persuasive than watching hours of them in a row. Unappetizing indeed. But it neutralizes some of the edge off 'thinks he's smarter than everybody'. Meh. He's just conducting business. It has gotten him remarkably far in life. We could probably learn from his example.
I have been completely unable to get my head around the number of smart people who continue to regard him as wonderful; is that just a financial interest, hatred of the left, or simple stupidity?
yes.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Service Dog wrote:
screwtape wrote: I have been completely unable to get my head around the number of smart people who continue to regard him as wonderful; is that just a financial interest, hatred of the left, or simple stupidity?
yes.
Well, ain't it wonderful, we agree on something? Just to clarify, is it financial, anti-left or dumbness you agree with?

OK, I'm being just a bit silly. But when I see someone like Carl Benjamin (a smart guy living a mere five miles from my rural birthplace) doing whatever he can to promote Trump no matter how factually wrong Trump obviously is to any sentient being, I wonder what the f*ck is going on? Maybe one might drop the occasional white lie in a good cause. But to make the majority of your statements provably incorrect? It gets hard to defend. And yet I see smart guys carry on doing it, and I don't know why. They must have their reasons, which I assume at this point are disreputable.

I don't see how I can get past the fact that when I listen to Trump I feel I am listening to a stupid person claiming to be clever. Maybe what he says makes you money. Maybe it stops people having abortions (and to be just a bit racist perhaps, see how that works out for you, America, when all the unwanted and uncared for babies get born!) Maybe it does something deeper for the American psyche I cannot understand. But I shall end with his own words: "This will not end well."

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

I'm not even sure I believeTrump has tested +ve. The news about Hope Hicks came out pretty much immediately beforehand, as a bonne bouche for the Trump tweet. There is nothing I trust coming out of 1600 PA. For me, it's never trust, and verify if you can.

I don't believe a cunning bastard outfit like Trump's has not been looking at what the positives of reporting a positive test might be.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

The nation would briefly unite in joy, were Chris Wallace to die of the 'vid.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Mike Pence is competent and sharp. And if the VP debate is held, he'll bat Kamala around like a cat does before killing a mouse.

Now is a golden opportunity for the GOP to have Trump play really sick [like Lsuoma, I don't trust he's truly +], step aside, and have Pence announce Nikki Haley or, better, Christy Noem as his running mate. Not sure they could convince the narcissist to agree.

The Dems' radical agenda scares folks, but Trump's boorishness repulses them.

And besides, who'd you rather have standing next to your wife or daughter -- Biden or Pence?

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

screwtape wrote: ...when I see someone like Carl Benjamin (a smart guy living a mere five miles from my rural birthplace) doing whatever he can to promote Trump no matter how factually wrong Trump obviously is to any sentient being, I wonder what the f*ck is going on? ...
Tim Pool has also gone full-on Trump. I don't get it either. Trump seems to be on all sides of all issues. That makes it easy to try to defend him I suppose since you can always take the statement that agrees with what you say he said. I wonder if Trump is the ultimate clickbait and everyone trying to make money from views finds themselves sliding ever further down the Trump support slope. I think that is what got him the Republican nomination in 2016. No one wanted to take him seriously but their algos said more Trump so they kept covering him.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Should you have a Chromium-based browser or Firefox with the Bypass Paywalls extension, this is rather heartening:

The ‘Atlantic bubble’ has largely succeeded in keeping out COVID-19. But can it last?

I am selfishly happy to live here, and also proud of fellow Maritimers.

But not quite proud enough of Upper Canadians to pay for the G&M (which refuses to send paper copies out east).

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Biden and Harris both test negative for covid. The doctors also reported that Harris still casts no shadow.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Apparently Pelosi is still waiting for her results. I guess the screens don't work on formaldehyde.

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

Do America's Frontline Doctors work at Walter Reed? I would have thought that Trump would go to them for treatment first.

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

Driftless wrote: Do America's Frontline Doctors work at Walter Reed? I would have thought that Trump would go to them for treatment first.
It’s a US Army hospital...so, no.

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

mordacious1 wrote:
Driftless wrote: Do America's Frontline Doctors work at Walter Reed? I would have thought that Trump would go to them for treatment first.
I should have said US Military hospital. It used to be a naval hospital, but now it has a National Military Hospital designation. In my experience, you want to steer clear of military hospitals.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

screwtape wrote: Just to clarify, is it financial, anti-left or dumbness you agree with?
All three.

Do you think having a 'financial interest' in supporting Trump-- is merely a choice between making a decent-amount of money with Dems in charge/ vs. slightly-more money with Trump in charge? I see MANY Dem policies which threaten my financial survival. The idiot bureaucrats running the lockdowns-- being #1. Other examples: Ocasio chasing Amazon out of NYC, "Modern Monetary Theory", progressive academics trying to engineer society thru tampering with business.

The same examples also apply to "hatred of the left".

As for "simple stupidity"-- I see Sargon and Tim Pool as if they were younger guys in my old scout troop, or freshmen on the debate team. They get a lot of things correct, and I was probably worse than them at the same age-- but-- still-- they're arriving a little too recently. Frequently-- they'll make reference to something before-their-time, like David Koresh or the Iran Hostage Crisis-- and it will become clear they've only glanced at wikipedia/ they were individually shaped by living thru those times. To me-- they're putting too much faith in Trump, the way I once mistook Bill Clinton's charm for integrity. They don't understand that that -all- the icon are megalomaniac narcissists. Also-- they're like Neo inside the Matrix-- if he had figured out something was amiss-- but didn't make contact with Morpheus. They deserve credit for getting as far as they have-- on a steady diet of internet noise and mainstream media. But I doubt they've actually read Havel or Solzhenitsyn or Dostoevsky or J.R. 'Bob' Dobbs.

Nonetheless, for all his actual and imaginary faults, Trump is the better alternative.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Screwtape. As a doctor, would you prescribe bleach for Trump?

Please.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Interestingly I notice that the list of treatments for him doesn't include hydroxychloroquinine.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Or hydroxychloroquine.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

KiwiInOz wrote: Screwtape. As a doctor, would you prescribe bleach for Trump?

Please.
I would first try a steady diet of Tide Pods.

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

mordacious1 wrote:
mordacious1 wrote:
I should have said US Military hospital. It used to be a naval hospital, but now it has a National Military Hospital designation. In my experience, you want to steer clear of military hospitals.
But their crisp new lab coats looked so nice in that video.

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

Forget about the Nobel nomination, Trump has already won an Ig Nobel.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EjVTqY7WoAM ... name=small

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Service Dog wrote: (My changing opinion of the debate began with the Breitbart analysis that Biden & Matthews interrupted Trump 7 times, before Trump's first interruption. https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020 ... mes-first/ That technical detail doesn't matter because an election IS a court of public opinion, but it matters to me. Also-- some of Matthews' questions, such as the "refusal to condemn white supremacy" were built on blatant lies-- which warranted Trump butting-in to cry foul. That's how Trump deals with unfair questions from the Press Briefing pool, and it's good that he does-so.)
I must first admit that I didn't watch the whole debate. However, taking Robert Barnes opinion, people misunderstand what Trump was trying to do either deliberately or instinctually. He brought up Hunter Bide for a reason other than, as everyone assumes, to convince voters of Biden's corruption. He did it because Biden's demeanour changes when the subject comes up. He becomes defensive, snappy and almost seems to deflate. When the time comes to tick a box, voters are going to have two images in their minds, one of a bruiser who dominates a room and one of a guy being controlled by the circumstance. Might be enough to sway hesitant Biden voters.
Service Dog wrote: Yeah, this becomes a problem when his job is to address myriad issues, and he treats them all the same way--- Buy! Buy! Buy! A single home-shopping television pitch is more persuasive than watching hours of them in a row. Unappetizing indeed. But it neutralizes some of the edge off 'thinks he's smarter than everybody'. Meh. He's just conducting business. It has gotten him remarkably far in life. We could probably learn from his example.
It has also proven way more effective than I ever thought possible. I remember my thoughts before he took office, which were the standard ones about the presidency and international relations being completely different animals to business management. Turns out that people are just people and world leaders are just as susceptible to business tactics as the rest of us. Those very intelligent and studied professionals aren't quite sure what to do when someone doesn't buy into the established playbook, when someone asks "why does everyone say this can't be done" and "why is this a rule". For all of his quirks, he does speak plainly about things which the unbiased voter can see are true and the media and establishment lie about. We are back at 2016 again when the opposition didn't understand the game. They are in a slightly stronger position now, but not because they have learned anything other than total, unbridled cynicism.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Service Dog wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:37 pm
screwtape wrote: Just to clarify, is it financial, anti-left or dumbness you agree with?
All three.

Do you think having a 'financial interest' in supporting Trump-- is merely a choice between making a decent-amount of money with Dems in charge/ vs. slightly-more money with Trump in charge? I see MANY Dem policies which threaten my financial survival. The idiot bureaucrats running the lockdowns-- being #1. Other examples: Ocasio chasing Amazon out of NYC, "Modern Monetary Theory", progressive academics trying to engineer society thru tampering with business.

As for "simple stupidity"-- I see Sargon and Tim Pool as if they were younger guys in my old scout troop, or freshmen on the debate team. They get a lot of things correct, and I was probably worse than them at the same age-- but-- still-- they're arriving a little too recently. Frequently-- they'll make reference to something before-their-time, like David Koresh or the Iran Hostage Crisis-- and it will become clear they've only glanced at wikipedia/ they were individually shaped by living thru those times. To me-- they're putting too much faith in Trump, the way I once mistook Bill Clinton's charm for integrity. They don't understand that that -all- the icon are megalomaniac narcissists. Also-- they're like Neo inside the Matrix-- if he had figured out something was amiss-- but didn't make contact with Morpheus. They deserve credit for getting as far as they have-- on a steady diet of internet noise and mainstream media. But I doubt they've actually read Havel or Solzhenitsyn or Dostoevsky or J.R. 'Bob' Dobbs.

Nonetheless, for all his actual and imaginary faults, Trump is the better alternative.
Sargon irritates me for different reasons. He's needlessly abrasive. He takes the never concede mantra too far, which is why he failed so dismally as a politician. The public didn't know enough about him to understand how he was being smeared, went with the media portrayal and took his bravado almost as proof of it. He does read though, or at least claims to. He's big on promoting self-education. Watch his discussions with other Youtubers and you'll find that his knowledge is increasing all the time. He's developing a very good understanding of political philosophies and systems.

ThreeFlangedJavis

screwtape wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:06 am
Should Trump have an almost asymptomatic case of Covid-19, you get maximal deaths as a result as all assume they will come through just as their hero has. Presumably, his numbers rocket upwards, and he wins the election. Even more coronavirus deaths will result, given his proven incompetence at listening to epidemiological experts.

Should he get really sick (and even I will add a God Forbid here, despite being an atheist), Pence will have to run the re-election campaign. I assume we all agree Pence is incapable himself of, well, actually, anything other than turning off female voters. Maybe Trump gets more sympathy votes, and they will be countered by the votes lost without his Ra-Ra presence.

If he dies, there will be an audible popping sound and his bubble has burst for the last time. Get used to President Harris.

What if Biden was infected by Trump at the debate? Wow. The "continuation of politics by other means." That could get weird.

How legitimate would average Joes regard an election that turned out to be between two vice-presidential candidates? It could happen.

Interesting times, as the Chinese are reputed to have mentioned in some other context. I understand that Trump has, perhaps by accident, done some things good for the American economy. Or maybe he didn't do them, it was just a matter of confidence in the stock market. My distaste for him comes from a different place, and is, perhaps, not easily defended. He strikes me as a not very intelligent person pretending he is smarter than the rest of us. I can easily see he is not - I wouldn't hire him as a receptionist with that amount of brain power and attitude, and thus all he claims to know is suspect. Add to that the various reasons to be more suspicious, such as being in it purely for financial gain, or being supported by Putin for whatever reason Putin might have. I have always found him inadequate as someone I might want to listen to or learn from. I have been completely unable to get my head around the number of smart people who continue to regard him as wonderful; is that just a financial interest, hatred of the left, or simple stupidity?

I will immediately agree that Biden has a very limited future given his rather obvious cognitive difficulties. The entire Democrat machine is both corrupt and set upon a course towards the extreme left that will neither benefit America, nor be conducive to social peace. Yet from this outsider's perspective, that might be preferable to what Trump would do with a second term.

And I have left lots of line breaks for those who wish to destroy me, point by point.
I shall mount a foreign defence of the American voter with just two words. Justin Trudeau.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Brive1987 wrote:
Hmmm. Who else do we know that calls themself Dr $FIRSTNAME $LASTNAME, PhD?

IME, it's the sign of someone desperate to boost their credibility.

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Service Dog wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:37 pm
All three.

Sargon irritates me for different reasons. He's needlessly abrasive. He takes the never concede mantra too far, which is why he failed so dismally as a politician. The public didn't know enough about him to understand how he was being smeared, went with the media portrayal and took his bravado almost as proof of it. He does read though, or at least claims to. He's big on promoting self-education. Watch his discussions with other Youtubers and you'll find that his knowledge is increasing all the time. He's developing a very good understanding of political philosophies and systems.
He has become a better debater as well. I saw one of the first encounters he had with someone on the left. I can;t remember, but it was a YouTuber who was a bit left-wing and he made Sargon look bad. I think it is the all-too-human problem of never having talked to anyone who seriously disagreed with him. You can think you know what you are talking about, but encountering an opposing view can show you that you don't know it as well as you think.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

KiwiInOz wrote: Interestingly I notice that the list of treatments for him doesn't include hydroxychloroquinine.
Amy Klobuchar's husband was treated with hydroxychloroquinine. But we don't talk about that.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Trump trucks are scary.

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote: Interestingly I notice that the list of treatments for him doesn't include hydroxychloroquinine.
Amy Klobuchar's husband was treated with hydroxychloroquinine. But we don't talk about that.
That's because Trump is faking it:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... bates.html

I don't think he is faking it

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

So JK Rowling's a transphobe because she said women used to be called women and not "people who menstruate."

I don't even like JK Rowling. Transwomen are women, they say, but actual women can't say they're women but should rather call themselves "people who menstruate." It's ridiculous.

Meanwhile, Melania Trump is cancelled (again) for saying 'Who gives a fuck about Christmas decorations?'

I just want this year to be over already.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

screwtape wrote: OK, I'm being just a bit silly. But when I see someone like Carl Benjamin (a smart guy living a mere five miles from my rural birthplace) doing whatever he can to promote Trump no matter how factually wrong Trump obviously is to any sentient being, I wonder what the f*ck is going on?
I'm not sure that we should expect more from the people of Wiltshire than anyone else. Notwithstanding the fine cheese and rather exceptional neolithic circles, of course.

Making a career as an online pundit exposes him to an accelerated feedback loop and an increasing risk of becoming partizan to please his established audience.

At least that is my take, further nuance may apply.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

mordacious1 wrote:
mordacious1 wrote:
I have evidence to the contrary, whilst on holiday at a military hospital in Toulouse, I received The best care I have ever had In any health care establishment. It was mostly due to a navy nurse, and I’m pretty sure her care would now constitute some variation of abuse of authority. What can I say, I was used to following orders.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Lsuoma wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: h://twitter.com/zoeharcombe/status/1312323264115507201?s=21
Hmmm. Who else do we know that calls themself Dr $FIRSTNAME $LASTNAME, PhD?

IME, it's the sign of someone desperate to boost their credibility.
I’d generally agree. In this case, Zoe is in the low carb nutritional space. Diet is a bear pit where authority (PhD, MD, RD) punishes ‘lay people with results’ - so you wear what Kevlar you can find.

This gent for instance, is on the opposing team.

That said. Zoe is a conduit to the COVID data, not its creator.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
While you’ve been shit posting, your girlfriend has been out exercising.

John D

Post by John D »

What I do is not to be considered guitar playing...
but this guy... and his dog...

ThreeFlangedJavis

These folks are beyond help. Coyne Trotted out the old Trump would have called them good people trope in another post. At this point it is inexcusable to be propagating that one. Zero awareness of how indoctrinated he has become. You can't convince these folks, or at least most of them, of how many lies the media feeds them because they'll just come back with Fox News and call you a delusional deplorable because you actually fact-checked MSM bullshit. Trump probably lied in the recent debate, granted, but it doesn't enter their heads that Biden could have been an even bigger bullshit artist.
[bbvideo]https://whyevolutionistrue.com/2020/10/ ... /#comments[/bbvideo]

ThreeFlangedJavis

Sorry about the Borky link. At least it works, though.