You is all a bunch of poofs!

Old subthreads
fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Post by fuzzy »

If you are unable to post bond and therefore still locked up, they have to do it within 9 months. At least here in the dirty south. Such kindness!

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

I'm up late unwinding. I've not yet confessed to the pit that I do a primarily country-western karaoke show for three bucks a head weekly at a nearby watering hole, which has added a few hundred extra dollars a month for the past couple of years, and lots of opportunity to work on voice accompaniment and running sound. I pay 10 bucks a month to an online service, and the place has already made its peace with ASCAP and BMI, as they have live bands on the weekends. BMI actually shut down an open mic at a mom and pop chicken shack, my first and dearest one.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

AndrewV69 wrote: BTW people. I keep meaning to mention PZWatch

For those of you who do not do Twatter: https://www.pzwatch.com/?p=996
I wonder who runs it? Richard Sanderson or our own Commander?

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Oh, the long drought is over. Until today, the last rat I saw was in January. #73 is waiting for pick up, either by the vixen or the sharp shinned hawk. Don't mind which.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

screwtape wrote: Oh, the long drought is over. Until today, the last rat I saw was in January. #73 is waiting for pick up, either by the vixen or the sharp shinned hawk. Don't mind which.
That's no way to talk about your family.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

screwtape wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:44 am
AndrewV69 wrote: BTW people. I keep meaning to mention PZWatch

For those of you who do not do Twatter: https://www.pzwatch.com/?p=996
Any one of a list far longer than the current membership list. The tone is too civil for it to be those 2 so it must be some other obsessed misogynistic "kooks"and "fuckwits".

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Massachusetts Legislator Proposes $200 Fines, 6 Months in Jail for Using the Word 'Bitch'

State Rep. Daniel Hunt's bill is an obvious First Amendment violation says Jim Manley of the Pacific Legal Foundation.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
screwtape wrote:
... The tone is too civil for it to be those 2 ....
But which one is dating Lois Lane?

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
screwtape wrote:

Any one of a list far longer than the current membership list. The tone is too civil for it to be those 2 so it must be some other obsessed misogynistic "kooks"and "fuckwits".
No Comment.

I don't mean I have anything to do with the site - just that no one has much to add to any of the posts there.

It's becoming increasingly obvious that the era of PZ's infamy is over - and you would be hard pressed to find many that would give a dilapidated fuck about anything he has to say.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

MarcusAu wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:45 am
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
screwtape wrote:

No Comment.

I don't mean I have anything to do with the site - just that no one has much to add to any of the posts there.

It's becoming increasingly obvious that the era of PZ's infamy is over - and you would be hard pressed to find many that would give a dilapidated fuck about anything he has to say.
Pease Pudding's superpower is being so boneheaded, intransigent and impervious to responsibility and logic that people can't help but go back for another stab. He's the gum wrapper on the shoe of whatever passes for the atheist movement. Ever risen to the bait and argued with a 12 year old on a bus? There's no pretense of coherency, you can't disengage because they won't stop taunting and you can't hit the little fucker.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Yeah, I discussed this somewhere else, and the argument went that it was the father who was the abusive one - because he's religious and doesn't allow his son to wear quote unquote "girl's clothing" at his home, neglecting entirely that the son is only seven fucking years old and the mother and the doctors wants to pump him full of drugs.

A minor that can't drink or smoke or take narcotics, but hormone injections, well, that's just fine and dandy, innit? Brilliant.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

fuzzy wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:49 pm
I'm up late unwinding. I've not yet confessed to the pit that I do a primarily country-western karaoke show for three bucks a head weekly at a nearby watering hole, which has added a few hundred extra dollars a month for the past couple of years, and lots of opportunity to work on voice accompaniment and running sound. I pay 10 bucks a month to an online service, and the place has already made its peace with ASCAP and BMI, as they have live bands on the weekends. BMI actually shut down an open mic at a mom and pop chicken shack, my first and dearest one.
And here I was, starting to feel sympathy for you.

Country and western karaoke. Well I never.

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

Bambi’s Revenge
Or, Why we don’t hunt with muzzle loaders:

https://www.ksla.com/2019/10/24/hunter- ... cials-say/

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

KiwiInOz wrote: Country and western karaoke. Well I never.
Obligatory:

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Fucking idjit Biden: https://www.todosconbiden.com/

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Polyfuckerist Dem congresswoman under ethics investigation for sex with staffer:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... NAKED.html

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Forgot - "Todos con Biden" is his new spic-gettin' slogan, and he forgot to have his campaign register the domain before announcing it. Twat!

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Lsuoma wrote: Forgot - "Todos con Biden" is his new spic-gettin' slogan, and he forgot to have his campaign register the domain before announcing it. Twat!
To me it's astounding that the Democratic candidates come off as this incompetent when they're up against Donald fucking Trump. The man's gaffes make Bush's gaffes sound like Mark Twain.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

MarcusAu wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:46 am
Brive1987 wrote: Oh Bitchute and .com are always there. Such as they are.

I’m more interested in the intersection of the illiberal left and woke social media.
And the irony.
I guess I'm more interested in the content produced - though I'll be principled to the extent of not reporting them to the media conglomerate that made their channel possible.

My faith in corporations (be they liberal, illiberal, or conservative) was never that great to begin with. cf the recent comments by NBA employees re Hong Kong as to where (and in what context) it pays to be woke or non-woke.

Perhaps it's just my bias - but although I care about peoples rights in the abstract sense - there are some people that I care about more than others.
I guess the content of the insane Nazis can cause pause for thought.

Which, if you think about it, is a worry.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Pitchguest wrote:
Lsuoma wrote: Forgot - "Todos con Biden" is his new spic-gettin' slogan, and he forgot to have his campaign register the domain before announcing it. Twat!
To me it's astounding that the Democratic candidates come off as this incompetent when they're up against Donald fucking Trump. The man's gaffes make Bush's gaffes sound like Mark Twain.

The floor has not yet been reached.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

mordacious1 wrote: Bambi’s Revenge
Or, Why we don’t hunt with muzzle loaders:

https://www.ksla.com/2019/10/24/hunter- ... cials-say/
“I don’t know how long he left it there, but he went up to check it to make sure it was dead. And evidently it wasn’t," Stephens said.
Richard Sharpe would have sorted it out.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Pitchguest wrote:
My prediction for a Trump vs. Biden election: first man to complete a sentence wins.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Pitchguest wrote:
It is remarkable. You wanna ask them, 'what part of being less shit than Trump are you having difficulty with, exactly?'

Being less shit than Trump should be no challenge for anyone. And yet they are struggling with it. Amazing.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

KiwiInOz wrote:
fuzzy wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:49 pm
And here I was, starting to feel sympathy for you.

Country and western karaoke. Well I never.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

I post from the county Merle mentions in this true song. We likes our country music.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:23 am
Pitchguest wrote:
My prediction for a Trump vs. Biden election: first man to complete a sentence wins.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Pitchguest wrote:
A prison sentence?

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

Duh. I have worked in the tech industry for over 30 years and throughout all of it I have heard that there is a shortage of engineers. They have tried to outsource to India and China with moderate success, but I always wondered where anyone thought all of the engineers in India would come from when everyone was building campuses in Bangalore. It takes years or decades to put in place he university system required to turn out thousands of engineers. I'm sure they ended up hiring diploma mill "graduates" and then discovered that they weren't up to par.

I remember talking to an engineer from a large company whose name is the last part of the second word in the name of the city with the Golden Gate Bridge. They had a group in India and had tried multiple ways to have them do something productive. None of them had really worked out. I think the issue is that the good engineers are already here on H1B visa and the only ones left are from diploma mills.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

All the Indian co-workers I had throughout the 80s and the early 90s were brilliant. At some point mid-nineties somebody figured out that American middle managers would hire anybody and soon I had Indian co-workers who knew nothing because someone else had done the phone interview. Nineties bubble was inevitable.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

The database software companies I worked for hired boatloads of young Indian men as programmers on H1Bs. They got paid well, but not as well as the Americans. They'd also put in 60 hours / week, and up to 80 in the inevitable crunches before launches. My software engineer veteran friends told me these Indian guys wrote bloated, "kludgy" code that created problems at some point so had to be cleaned up by the old hands. But a lot of the older guys, or ones with young families, started dropping out of the business. The pressure to work extra hours and churn out code regardless of the quality -- or get replaced by another H1B -- was too much.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

fuzzy wrote: I post from the county Merle mentions in this true song. We likes our country music.
Do you do Bluegrass? Good karaoke?

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: The database software companies I worked for hired boatloads of young Indian men as programmers on H1Bs. They got paid well, but not as well as the Americans. They'd also put in 60 hours / week, and up to 80 in the inevitable crunches before launches. My software engineer veteran friends told me these Indian guys wrote bloated, "kludgy" code that created problems at some point so had to be cleaned up by the old hands. But a lot of the older guys, or ones with young families, started dropping out of the business. The pressure to work extra hours and churn out code regardless of the quality -- or get replaced by another H1B -- was too much.
That's another part of the silicon valley scam -- long hours. I have been lucky enough to work in other parts of the country where the cos of living is more reasonable.

I don;t think anyone can actually work productively for 80 hours a week. But if you are young and single you can be at work 80 hours a week, just not productively.

free thoughtpolice

Marty Robbin was a great human and an undervalued talent. I never met the man, but he vacationed here, salmon fishing and car racing at Saratoga.
Cool guy .

free thoughtpolice

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:06 pm
Meh. :snooty:
I've Been Everywhere" is a song which was written by Australian country singer Geoff Mack in 1959, and made popular by Lucky Starr in 1962.

The song as originally written listed Australian towns. It was later adapted by Australian singer Rolf Harris with English and Scottish toponyms (1963),[1] and by John Hore (later known as John Grenell) with New Zealand toponyms (1966). In 1962, the song was a number-one US country hit for Hank Snow.[2] The song was also recorded by Lynn Anderson (US 1970), Asleep at the Wheel (US 1973), Johnny Cash (US 1996), Ted Egan, the "Farrelly Brothers" from the television series The Aunty Jack Show (Australia 1974, a parody version, on the album Aunty Jack Sings Wollongong),[3] John Grenell (NZ 1966), Mike Ford (Canada, 2005), The Sunny Cowgirls and the Statler Brothers. Harvey Reid also included the song in his Dreamer or Believer album.
You can’t beat the original and the best.

:)

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

I went to school with “Lucky Star’s” son. The son survived a chopper crash in 1982, I dint know whether that constitutes luck or not. I guess it’s in the timing.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Motorcyclist Who Identifies As Bicyclist Sets Cycling World Record
NEW YORK, NY—In an inspiring story from the world of professional cycling, a motorcyclist who identifies as a bicyclist has crushed all the regular bicyclists, setting an unbelievable world record.

In a local qualifying race for the World Road Cycling League, the motorcyclist crushed the previous 100-mile record of 3 hours, 13 minutes with his amazing new score of well under an hour.

Professional motorcycle racer Judd E. Banner, the brave trans-vehicle rider, was allowed to race after he told league organizers he's always felt like a bicyclist in a motorcyclist's body.

"Look, my ride has handlebars, two wheels, and a seat," he told reporters as he accepted a trophy for his incredible time trial. "Just because I've got a little extra hardware, such as an 1170-cc flat-twin engine with 110 horsepower, doesn't mean I have any kind of inherent advantage here."

Banner also said he painted the word "HUFFY" on the side of his bike, ensuring he has no advantage over the bikes that came out of the factory as bicycles.

Some critics say he needs to cut off his motor in order to make the competition fairer, but he quickly called these people bigots, and they were immediately banned from professional cycle racing.
https://babylonbee.com/news/motorcycle- ... ing-record

John D

Post by John D »

I loves me some Tulsi. I don't agree with many of her policy positions... but... how many presidents get everything they ask for? I suspect she actually shares my views on most topics but has to run toward the left to have any chance of winning the nomination. I just find her refreshing. She lines up perfectly with my beliefs about "regime change wars". She is also a great communicator.... she is not a racist ninny like the other Dem candidates. When the primary comes to Michigan she has my vote (we have an open primary system). I hope she lasts long enough to get here.

John D

Post by John D »

and her support for paper ballots is absolutely spot on.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Mayor Pete vows to reduce the prison population by 50% by commuting all drug possession sentences.
https://peteforamerica.com/policies/securing-justice/

Drug possession offenders make up ~ 3% of all inmates.
https://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/p17.pdf

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Mayor Pete wants sweeping regulations and oversight of businesses to ensure women get paid equally for equal work:
https://peteforamerica.com/policies/bui ... er/#PayGap

Women already get paid equally for equal work:
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/wage-gap ... ccounter=1

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

A wee snippet of outrage-free goodness...

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

;)

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Brive1987 wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:06 pm
Meh. :snooty:
I've Been Everywhere" is a song which was written by Australian country singer Geoff Mack in 1959, and made popular by Lucky Starr in 1962.

The song as originally written listed Australian towns. It was later adapted by Australian singer Rolf Harris with English and Scottish toponyms (1963),[1] and by John Hore (later known as John Grenell) with New Zealand toponyms (1966). In 1962, the song was a number-one US country hit for Hank Snow.[2] The song was also recorded by Lynn Anderson (US 1970), Asleep at the Wheel (US 1973), Johnny Cash (US 1996), Ted Egan, the "Farrelly Brothers" from the television series The Aunty Jack Show (Australia 1974, a parody version, on the album Aunty Jack Sings Wollongong),[3] John Grenell (NZ 1966), Mike Ford (Canada, 2005), The Sunny Cowgirls and the Statler Brothers. Harvey Reid also included the song in his Dreamer or Believer album.
You can’t beat the original and the best.

:)
That's not fair - every bleeding plage in Oz ends in -dong, -gong, or -wong: the rhymes don't need any work.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Or -long.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

Dang. I closed out Thursday's charity show with what I always used to think was the original 'I've been everywhere' but I'm still learning history I guess

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:53 am
Mayor Pete wants sweeping regulations and oversight of businesses to ensure women get paid equally for equal work:
https://peteforamerica.com/policies/bui ... er/#PayGap

Women already get paid equally for equal work:
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/wage-gap ... ccounter=1
I'm of the opinion that if any corporation or business says there is a wage gap, it means they admit they don't pay women equally for equal work.

They want to virtue signal, but it's a double-edged sword. Oh, but they're the "good ones". Unlikely. :snooty:

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

I mean, if they were asked the question they would most likely say there is a wage gap, but how many of them would actually admit that they are part of the problem?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

PZ’s latest mocks JP for writing a book which recycles blog posts and interview transcripts.

🤡

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

Pitchguest wrote: I mean, if they were asked the question they would most likely say there is a wage gap, but how many of them would actually admit that they are part of the problem?
Here's an example:

https://www.businessinsider.com/microso ... gap-2018-8

If there is a wage gap at your company and you are the CEO you can solve it tomorrow buy upping the salaries of the underpaid (or cutting the salaries of the overpaid). And not enough women in management? Solve it tomorrow by promoting a bunch of women into management. The other idea that goes along with this is that there is no such thing as a meritocracy, so you should be able to randomly promote women.

The fact that no one does this means they are just virtue signalling.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Brive1987 wrote: PZ’s latest mocks JP for writing a book which recycles blog posts and interview transcripts.

🤡
Except JP didn't write it. A parasite who sells JP's words did that and keeps the profit for himself. https://www.pzwatch.com/?p=1026

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Howling, non-stop winds here in NorCal leading to very high fire danger. Electric power shut off for millions again. The Kincaide fire in Sonoma is at 30,000 acres this morning, 10% contained, and likely to wipe out the lovely town of Healdsburg today or tomorrow. Massive mandatory evacuations and advisories all the way to the coast. PG&E admits it was started by another of their faulty transformers. PG&E helicopter has been flying over my neighborhood checking on power lines. Nice to know that one is 1 mile from the ranch. If it started a fire, my egress would be blocked and I'd have to shelter in the riding arena.

Heads should roll, but you know they won't. A private public utility is an oxymoron and an abomination ripe for corruption.

Meanwhile, our dry-drunk governor is focused on pardoning illegal immigrant felons to hinder their extradition.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Pitchguest wrote: I'm of the opinion that if any corporation or business says there is a wage gap, it means they admit they don't pay women equally for equal work.
Are you saying they've caught themselves in a rhetorical trap, or do you actually believe they pay women less for the same work?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Lsuoma wrote: That's not fair - every bleeding plage in Oz ends in -dong, -gong, or -wong: the rhymes don't need any work.
Not as sneaky as in French, where you just add '-- errrgghhrrhay' to the last word of each line.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Excellent summation of the LGB v.s TQ++++++++++++ rift:

It’s Time for ‘LGB’ and ‘T’ to Go Their Separate Ways

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

truck.jpg
(441.46 KiB) Downloaded 121 times
Here's a little bit of Ford porn for Matt. One of the benefits of living in Hooterville and Mayberry is that neighbors like my Eb and Goober here can replace your 300 inline-6 oil pan gasket easy as pie.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Howling, non-stop winds here in NorCal leading to very high fire danger. Electric power shut off for millions again. The Kincaide fire in Sonoma is at 30,000 acres this morning, 10% contained, and likely to wipe out the lovely town of Healdsburg today or tomorrow. Massive mandatory evacuations and advisories all the way to the coast. PG&E admits it was started by another of their faulty transformers. PG&E helicopter has been flying over my neighborhood checking on power lines. Nice to know that one is 1 mile from the ranch. If it started a fire, my egress would be blocked and I'd have to shelter in the riding arena.

Heads should roll, but you know they won't. A private public utility is an oxymoron and an abomination ripe for corruption.

Meanwhile, our dry-drunk governor is focused on pardoning illegal immigrant felons to hinder their extradition.
Why aren't you guys raking to prevent wild fires?