You is all a bunch of poofs!

Old subthreads
Driftless

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Post by Driftless »

Sam Harris does not think there is an "is-ought gap". I thought the "is-ought gap" was a Philosophy 101 thing.

You know who else thought there was no is-ought gap? Ayn Rand.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

I thought you were going to say Hitler.

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

free thoughtpolice wrote: I thought you were going to say Hitler.
Is there a difference? :D

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Keating wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:36 pm
You were doing the humblest of humblebrags. This man is so wooish, I, Kirb, the great intellectual, can detect it immediately. I’m so good, that I could detect it even though Sam Harris, also an intellectual lightweight compared to me, couldn’t. You do that kind of argumentation lol the time. It’s tiresome.
Looks to be a bit of a thin beef; others here & elsewhere have been pointing out many of Peterson's howlers for some time, including Justicar as was posted here awhile back:

Tweets_Peterson_Justicar_Sctn1A.jpg
(66.15 KiB) Downloaded 459 times

Don't think Peterson is all that knowledgeable about the nature of reason and logic, and the limitations thereof. He might have a point - if you squint a bit - that most axiomatic systems are based premises that frequently bear some resemblance to faith. But a bit of a stretch to insist that a faith in "gawd" is anything more than a conjecture. Although, arguably, one of some utility.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Old times sake. I wonder what PZ is up to?

http://i.imgur.com/dT2MDBj.jpg

(Slowly drives away).

Pseudomonas

Post by Pseudomonas »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:50 am
h/t WEIT, outrage & abuse on Young Twitter forces 18yo Chinese immigrant author forced to cancel publication of her new fantasy novel. Her crime? Describing the heroine's skin as "colored like the bronze of their sands at sunset."

https://www.tabletmag.com/jewish-news-a ... ing-career

We've created a generation of monsters.
Best selling author and Sad Puppies originator Larry Correia weighs in.

Pseudomonas

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

Here’s one way to stay warm in Philadelphia:

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

mordacious1 wrote: Here’s one way to stay warm in Philadelphia:

youtu.be/pgEk8jZE_Lg
So what flammable substance did he have on those jeans for them to set alight like that? .. Is crack cocaine flammable? :think:

mike150160

Post by mike150160 »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
mike150160 wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:09 am
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:29 pm
Keating wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:51 pm
The one where Peterson defined "truth" in a very idiosyncratic way, as "what leads to an evolutionary advantage", which is a big misconception of how evolution operates, and of what truth is.

That's what I thought you meant; so your usual "I'm so much smarter than everyone" schtick. That was literally the first time Harris and Peterson talked. Even Harris thought there was sufficient there that it was worth talking more about several times more. But no, old Kirb knows everything and what's wrong with everything, and its not worth questioning his assumptions.
Why you had to make it personal, I don't know. Maybe I touched a nerve? I don't "know everything" or are "smarter" than anyone. I'm pretty sure Peterson is far smarter than me, and he definitely knows more than me when it comes to psychology. I'm not criticizing his psychology papers, or his psychological work, just his woo-ish epistemological argument. Which IS woo-ish. And not his area of expertise, by the way, since he's not a philosopher.

Bullshit is bullshit, and doesn't become true just because someone with a PhD, or even a Nobel Prize, spouts it. Kary Mullis was a genius, invented PCR, which revolutionized molecular biology. But he's also supported lots of shitty ideas, like AIDS denialism. Are people who called him out on that smarter than him? Probably not, at least not most of them. But still. On that topic he's a crank. If people less smart than him call him out on that, are they "not questioning their assumptions" because he's so smart that he merits special treatment?

Hell, people didn't seem to object when I found out that James Blaut botched his argument that Guns, Germs and Steel "ignored" the role of sorghum, when actually there are lots of references to sorghum in G, G & S. Blaut was probably smarter than me, and certainly more competent in the field of anthropology. Yet he made a huge mistake. Did I "not question my assumptions" by pointing it out?

I don't think anyone, no matter their authority, or competence, or intelligence, is immune to bullshit.

I've been called out on things I got wrong many times (from Zwarte Piete protests to the ties between the alt-right and the alt-lite, to immigration patterns) and usually I've admitted that I was wrong pretty quickly (the exception was when Aneris called me out on the alt-right/lite thing, and I, very stupidly, made it personal, and behaved like a complete twat). I don't think I'm particularly smart, or have any special knowledge, expect maybe in my field of expertise, and even that is standard learned knowledge, it's not like I'm some sort of trailblazer or innovator.

So I don't think this post is warranted, just because I pointed out that Peterson has a crank-ish view of what "truth" is, very similar to the po-mo claptrap we all made fun of.

But well, you do you.
Kirbmarc wrote:He's a woo peddler who happens to be charismatic enough for a lot of people to like him.

He also had the good luck of squaring off against a pipsqueak who was trying to argue that "basically, there's no such thing as biological sex."

But you only need to listen to Jordy-boy's interview with Sam Harriss to realize how confused and woo-ish his ideas are. Think Deepak Chopra on steroids.

Still, at least he's better than the alt-righters. If Oprah can have a TV show with Dr. Phil, perhaps there's room for Dr. Peterson, too.
Not easy to read that as saying anything other than that "Jordy-boy" is JUST a woo peddler worse than Chopra, which seems quite an extreme and ill-considered thing to say. His overall message is anti-extremist and centred on individual self-betterment with his own actual clinical experience and the body of psychological research to back it up. The fact that he can get fooled by Bjorn Lomborg just makes him flawed like the rest of us.
That seemed a bit of a jump: Where on the doll did Bjorn touch you?
It was a bit much for Peterson to have desribed Lomborg as brilliant. Lomborg's Schtick has morphed over the years into whatever position has worked for him at the time. He started out with "skeptic" tropes and has incrementally changed tack to accepting the science but arguing about economic impacts of mitigation as funding sources closed off and others became available . From all that I have read he is big on self-enrichment and attention seeking. This is Potholer54 taking a look at Lomborg on electric cars.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwMPFDqyfrA
Typical Lomborg stuff. It is designed to mislead and plays to a particular audience.
Interesting but I've only encountered Lomberg in the JP podcast and his take on the distribution of Global Fund resources by return sounded perfectly reasonable.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

It's current year so of course Mary Poppins is now a fucking racist bitch. :x

https://i.imgur.com/7HVwCu1.png
‘Her face gets covered with soot, but instead of wiping it off, she gamely powders her nose and cheeks and gets even blacker.’
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... mailonline

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

shoutinghorse wrote:

youtu.be/pgEk8jZE_Lg
So what flammable substance did he have on those jeans for them to set alight like that? .. Is crack cocaine flammable? :think:
You'd have to ask Richard Pryor.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

screwtape wrote:
shoutinghorse wrote:

youtu.be/pgEk8jZE_Lg
Yep. You should always question your pryors.

John D

Post by John D »

Let's not call them babies.... let's call them "theybies"

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

No reason...

Cheer up, y'miserable gits.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

John D wrote: Let's not call them babies.... let's call them "theybies"

<no vid>
In which Mark Dice watches TV, reads a newspaper and asks that everyone buy his book.

People can make up their own mind on that score - but it will be a long time before I consciously put money in the pockets of a 911 'Truther'

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Bhurzum wrote:
Cheer up, y'miserable gits.
Harsh words from a Scot - who everyone knows have a genetic predisposition towards dourness.

Hope the weather is as well as can be expected up there.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

MarcusAu wrote: Harsh words from a Scot - who everyone knows have a genetic predisposition towards dourness.
https://www.memecreator.org/static/imag ... /80407.jpg
MarcusAu wrote: Hope the weather is as well as can be expected up there.
Now you're just taking the piss... :evil:

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

free thoughtpolice wrote: I thought you were going to say Hitler.
Literally ...

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

MarcusAu wrote:
John D wrote: Let's not call them babies.... let's call them "theybies"

<no vid>
In which Mark Dice watches TV, reads a newspaper and asks that everyone buy his book.

People can make up their own mind on that score - but it will be a long time before I consciously put money in the pockets of a 911 'Truther'
Stopped clocks and all that.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

screwtape wrote:
shoutinghorse wrote:

youtu.be/pgEk8jZE_Lg
:lol: :clap: :rimshot:

Still, something of a (free)baseless suggestion ... ;)

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Thread: (h/t Kirb also I believe IDW = Intellectual Dark Web)

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

AndrewV69 wrote: Thread: (h/t Kirb also I believe IDW = Intellectual Dark Web)
Joe Rogan calls it the "International Dork Web"

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

This is what ... the 12th. week now?

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

AndrewV69 wrote: Thread: (h/t Kirb also I believe IDW = Intellectual Dark Web)

It's really drawing a long bow to credit the 'New' (or otherwise) atheists of changing much of anything.

And that includes causing the 'Decline of Western Civilisation'.

Which I must admit seemed a lot more fun back in the 80s.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:21 pm
This is what ... the 12th. week now?

Don't worry. It's a movement that's petering out, mostly due to unsurprising political appropriation. The so-called "figureheads" of the movement are either far left anarchists or far-right fascists.

This shit is going nowhere. Although I have to admit they did manage to get a few concessions from the government. Nothing close to what the people expected, but still a move in the right direction.

Also, Macron is a cunt.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Oh, and the public support of the movement is way bellow what the virgin kid is saying. Most people are pissed off at the blockades.

free thoughtpolice

Well here is a bit of a tampax in a teapot:
https://etcanada.com/news/414468/bill-m ... will-hurd/

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Who the fuck is these Jeffrey Ballsachs chracter, promoting a work by King of the fucking Dunces PZ Meyers?

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

One of Meyers's commenters has just self-identified as an Islamophobe. :shock: :? :lol:

https://i.imgur.com/mJ3tTvs.png

https://web.archive.org/web/20190203221 ... nt-page-1/

free thoughtpolice

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote: One of Meyers's commenters has just self-identified as an Islamophobe. :shock: :? :lol:

:lol: He almost gets turned in to the thought police:
KG
3 February 2019 at 1:32 pm

Akira MacKenzie@29,31,

I appreciate that your torture-murder fantasies are the outcome of difficult and depressing personal circumstances, but that does not make them any less vile or disturbing. If I were PZ, I’d seriously consider passing your IP and any other known details to the authorities.
Alas, he wisely makes an apology but I'm not sure if the whole baboon troupe will let him off with just a small bit of grovelling apology.
Akira MacKenzie
3 February 2019 at 3:21 pm

I apologize to everyone here, including mnbo and Rob, for my asinine, hateful remarks.

Akira MacKenzie
3 February 2019 at 3:40 pm

Edit: that ”including” should be ”especially.”

Rob Grigjanis
3 February 2019 at 3:44 pm

Akira @35: Apology accepted.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote: One of Meyers's commenters has just self-identified as an Islamophobe. :shock: :? :lol:

:lol: He almost gets turned in to the thought police:
KG
3 February 2019 at 1:32 pm

Akira MacKenzie@29,31,

I appreciate that your torture-murder fantasies are the outcome of difficult and depressing personal circumstances, but that does not make them any less vile or disturbing. If I were PZ, I’d seriously consider passing your IP and any other known details to the authorities.
Alas, he wisely makes an apology but I'm not sure if the whole baboon troupe will let him off with just a small bit of grovelling apology.
Akira MacKenzie
3 February 2019 at 3:21 pm

I apologize to everyone here, including mnbo and Rob, for my asinine, hateful remarks.

Akira MacKenzie
3 February 2019 at 3:40 pm

Edit: that ”including” should be ”especially.”

Rob Grigjanis
3 February 2019 at 3:44 pm

Akira @35: Apology accepted.
Didn't Myers write extensively about stabbing or strangling priests? Where are his apologies? I hope no one of his acolytes turns his IP and other known details to the authorities.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

The troupe is very small these days and they seem to be lacking in bile of olden days. Such is the problem when baboons are housed in a confined space, and by their violent nature isolate themselves from incoming fresh members. They become lethargic and despondent.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:22 pm
One of Meyers's commenters has just self-identified as an Islamophobe. :shock: :? :lol:

That might be one of the biggest problems we face in communication on these international fora.

For the US-based, and thus mostly US-centric crowd, christians are the problem because they don't have a real experience of growing muslim populations in their neighborhood, but have been fighting the similarly crazy jesus lovers for quite some time. For most of the rest of the world, right now, islamism is the main problem. But it's very hard to explain that to people who, wanting to be woke, think mistrusting islam is the same as racism. I'd say, come and live a week or a month in my neighborhood, and discover the magic of islamism.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote: The troupe is very small these days and they seem to be lacking in bile of olden days. Such is the problem when baboons are housed in a confined space, and by their violent nature isolate themselves from incoming fresh members. They become lethargic and despondent.
Good thing that you've now got plenty of bile to spare.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

KiwiInOz wrote:
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote: The troupe is very small these days and they seem to be lacking in bile of olden days. Such is the problem when baboons are housed in a confined space, and by their violent nature isolate themselves from incoming fresh members. They become lethargic and despondent.
Good thing that you've now got plenty of bile to spare.
:rimshot: :lol: :lol: :lol: :pray:

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:02 pm
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:22 pm

That might be one of the biggest problems we face in communication on these international fora.

For the US-based, and thus mostly US-centric crowd, christians are the problem because they don't have a real experience of growing muslim populations in their neighborhood, but have been fighting the similarly crazy jesus lovers for quite some time. For most of the rest of the world, right now, islamism is the main problem. But it's very hard to explain that to people who, wanting to be woke, think mistrusting islam is the same as racism. I'd say, come and live a week or a month in my neighborhood, and discover the magic of islamism.
Not me, no thanks Phil, there is a reason I moved to rural Canada and most of my neighbours are Whitey McWhiteFace. Never mind why I moved to Canada in the 1st place.

Just saying.

free thoughtpolice

4 military history buffs:

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

I got in a fight tonight. I'm going to blather words to unwind.

I live in a typical Manhattan apartment building. Four apartments to a floor, five floors. A narrow pizza shop (out of business) on the ground floor.
No elevator. Or doorman... just a graffiti-smeared glass front door, which doesn't lock, leading to a phone-booth sized area containing locked mailboxes, then a locked glass door to the front hallway.

I generally like the lower-middle-class block... cruddy cell phone stores, 'we buy gold' pawn shops, dollar stores, family-owned hardware & liquour & bakery shops. But there are 2 shitty 'Tobacco' stores, one on each side of the street. Ghetto-ass shitholes, selling tax-evading cigarettes for $9 a pack instead of the usual $15. And marijuana-- either directly, or by letting low-end dealers operate inside & out-front.

My neighborhood is Lower East Side, which means Puerto Ricans and Chinese and old jews and Dominicans and professional whites... or relics of CBGBs punk days. American blacks-- descended from slaves-- not so much-- they tend to be in the public housing projects or other neighborhoods. But the projects are just a couple blocks away, and the Tobacco shops draw in the blacks, who litter & yell & harass women & blast retarded music from cars... typical 'black neighborhood' shit, which differs from the way other minorities conduct themselves. Sometimes I think-- it's like the american blacks aren't paying attention. They see a poor block & act the same way they do on their own poor black block... oblivious to different street-rules, here.

Several nights each week-- some lowlife comes into the entry/mailbox area, and pisses on the front hallway floor. It's sticky and disgusting to walk thru. The building superintendant is an 80 year old Dominican woman... not so easy for her to carry water downstairs to clean the floor. My dog steps in piss & I have to wash his feet. I get mad.

Tonight, during the Superbowl, I walked my dog & returned to see the back of a man pissing on my front door. I've contemplated this inevitable scenario-- of me catching him mid-piss-- many times... & haven't been able to form a good plan-- what to do. I held the dog short on his leash-- grabbed the guy's chest... shoved him up against the wall, & said "You're pissing on my house?!!"

I'd say he was over 40, or even 50. Over six feet, but shorter than me. Dark black, narrow wrinkles. Sinewy... possibly very tough/ maybe not.

Accosting him mid-piss surely gave me an advantage. At first he was shocked, said "I didn't know you lived here", but then he gathered himself & acted offended that I had grabbed him... demanding I let go... shouting spittle in my face. I didn't want to let go until he settled down. His fatass old girlfriend said some nonsense. He wouldn't stop saying shit to let me say anything to de-escalate. So I just shouted "RESPECT!" (a thing I learned from mean old Rastafarians, 25 years ago.) He & the fatass told me to go away... I said 'this is my house... I've got nowhere to go but right here!'

I don't like that they know where I live. That they hang around the Tobacco shop all the time. I could hear the guy digging in his pocket-- change jingling... I figured he was getting his keys between his fingers, to hit me. He kind of dis-engaged from me, so I let go of him. He took a wide slow swing, like a baseball bat, punching the side of my head... didn't hurt. My dog-- usually eager to bite strangers at the slightest provocation-- was on his ass... his sore old knees preventing him from standing up by himself... not trying to fight this time. Good. I didn't want him involved. But, at one point-- I helped him to his feet... just in case shit got bad enough that we needed to both go-down fighting. I said all my words very LOUD and clear-- expecting my girlfriend & neighbors to hear me upstairs. (She heard nothing.)

There was more face-to-face standoff... he threatened to shoot my dog. I remained where I stood. Some part of me was calculating that-- according to the unspoken rules of the block-- I couldn't consider appealing to the police for help, unless I took a much-worse beating. Calling the cops for this petty shit would be seen as snitching. But if he he actually fucked-me-up, then it would be seen as fair reasonable if the police got involved. What a crazy equation.

Then he stormed-away into the Tobacco shop. I took few steps forward, hoping to see inside... to know if he was coming-back with a weapon. He came out-- was offended that I had moved-forward, as if to challenge him. But then he crossed the street & ducked around the corner & peeked back at me through the corner store windows & metal gate.

I took the dog upstairs. Was annoyed that my girlfriend had been drinking-- so she was inarticulate & not helpful.
I filled a big bucket with hot shower water & went back down, to wash-down the piss floor.
I wanted to let myself be seen doing this... kind of a Clint Eastwood Grand Torino move, to be the angry white guy cleaning nigger piss off my stoop.
Not afraid to risk my safety to keep where I live clean.

If the dumb fuck would have held his tongue for 3 fucking seconds, I would have said, "I only want one thing... next time you piss... go over there, got it?" And I'd point to the side of major bridge at the end of the block... where anyone can piss on a big concrete wall, without bothering anyone-else.
And if I got the slightest sign of agreement... I'd have said "Thank you."

That's what squashing this nonsense looks-like to me.

I took the bucket back upstairs. Changed into warmer clothes. Went back out for a walk, to cool down. I phoned Fang-- to get his native-born-city-kid assessment of my options. He sez I handled it ok-ish. The guy might keep pissing there, or keep hassling me. Or let it drop.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Another day in Trump's America.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Service Dog wrote: I got in a fight tonight. I'm going to blather words to unwind.

I live in a typical Manhattan apartment building. Four apartments to a floor, five floors. A narrow pizza shop (out of business) on the ground floor.
No elevator. Or doorman... just a graffiti-smeared glass front door, which doesn't lock, leading to a phone-booth sized area containing locked mailboxes, then a locked glass door to the front hallway.

I generally like the lower-middle-class block... cruddy cell phone stores, 'we buy gold' pawn shops, dollar stores, family-owned hardware & liquour & bakery shops. But there are 2 shitty 'Tobacco' stores, one on each side of the street. Ghetto-ass shitholes, selling tax-evading cigarettes for $9 a pack instead of the usual $15. And marijuana-- either directly, or by letting low-end dealers operate inside & out-front.

My neighborhood is Lower East Side, which means Puerto Ricans and Chinese and old jews and Dominicans and professional whites... or relics of CBGBs punk days. American blacks-- descended from slaves-- not so much-- they tend to be in the public housing projects or other neighborhoods. But the projects are just a couple blocks away, and the Tobacco shops draw in the blacks, who litter & yell & harass women & blast retarded music from cars... typical 'black neighborhood' shit, which differs from the way other minorities conduct themselves. Sometimes I think-- it's like the american blacks aren't paying attention. They see a poor block & act the same way they do on their own poor black block... oblivious to different street-rules, here.

Several nights each week-- some lowlife comes into the entry/mailbox area, and pisses on the front hallway floor. It's sticky and disgusting to walk thru. The building superintendant is an 80 year old Dominican woman... not so easy for her to carry water downstairs to clean the floor. My dog steps in piss & I have to wash his feet. I get mad.

Tonight, during the Superbowl, I walked my dog & returned to see the back of a man pissing on my front door. I've contemplated this inevitable scenario-- of me catching him mid-piss-- many times... & haven't been able to form a good plan-- what to do. I held the dog short on his leash-- grabbed the guy's chest... shoved him up against the wall, & said "You're pissing on my house?!!"

I'd say he was over 40, or even 50. Over six feet, but shorter than me. Dark black, narrow wrinkles. Sinewy... possibly very tough/ maybe not.

Accosting him mid-piss surely gave me an advantage. At first he was shocked, said "I didn't know you lived here", but then he gathered himself & acted offended that I had grabbed him... demanding I let go... shouting spittle in my face. I didn't want to let go until he settled down. His fatass old girlfriend said some nonsense. He wouldn't stop saying shit to let me say anything to de-escalate. So I just shouted "RESPECT!" (a thing I learned from mean old Rastafarians, 25 years ago.) He & the fatass told me to go away... I said 'this is my house... I've got nowhere to go but right here!'

I don't like that they know where I live. That they hang around the Tobacco shop all the time. I could hear the guy digging in his pocket-- change jingling... I figured he was getting his keys between his fingers, to hit me. He kind of dis-engaged from me, so I let go of him. He took a wide slow swing, like a baseball bat, punching the side of my head... didn't hurt. My dog-- usually eager to bite strangers at the slightest provocation-- was on his ass... his sore old knees preventing him from standing up by himself... not trying to fight this time. Good. I didn't want him involved. But, at one point-- I helped him to his feet... just in case shit got bad enough that we needed to both go-down fighting. I said all my words very LOUD and clear-- expecting my girlfriend & neighbors to hear me upstairs. (She heard nothing.)

There was more face-to-face standoff... he threatened to shoot my dog. I remained where I stood. Some part of me was calculating that-- according to the unspoken rules of the block-- I couldn't consider appealing to the police for help, unless I took a much-worse beating. Calling the cops for this petty shit would be seen as snitching. But if he he actually fucked-me-up, then it would be seen as fair reasonable if the police got involved. What a crazy equation.

Then he stormed-away into the Tobacco shop. I took few steps forward, hoping to see inside... to know if he was coming-back with a weapon. He came out-- was offended that I had moved-forward, as if to challenge him. But then he crossed the street & ducked around the corner & peeked back at me through the corner store windows & metal gate.

I took the dog upstairs. Was annoyed that my girlfriend had been drinking-- so she was inarticulate & not helpful.
I filled a big bucket with hot shower water & went back down, to wash-down the piss floor.
I wanted to let myself be seen doing this... kind of a Clint Eastwood Grand Torino move, to be the angry white guy cleaning nigger piss off my stoop.
Not afraid to risk my safety to keep where I live clean.

If the dumb fuck would have held his tongue for 3 fucking seconds, I would have said, "I only want one thing... next time you piss... go over there, got it?" And I'd point to the side of major bridge at the end of the block... where anyone can piss on a big concrete wall, without bothering anyone-else.
And if I got the slightest sign of agreement... I'd have said "Thank you."

That's what squashing this nonsense looks-like to me.

I took the bucket back upstairs. Changed into warmer clothes. Went back out for a walk, to cool down. I phoned Fang-- to get his native-born-city-kid assessment of my options. He sez I handled it ok-ish. The guy might keep pissing there, or keep hassling me. Or let it drop.
That confrontation would have got the adrenaline pumping. Hoping that you've scared him enough (he was probably shitting bricks mid stream but having to show bravado in front of fat arse) that he won't come back.

I do have to say that there is nothing nicer than a slow haymaker coming your way. It is so easy to put the person flat on their back (in their piss) and have them wondering how in hell it happened so quick.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Keating wrote: Another day in Trump's America.
Trump is a proponent of trickle down theory.

Golden showers for everyone.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

free thoughtpolice wrote: 4 military history buffs:
Fire Arrows indeed, that's just silly. :snooty:

John D

Post by John D »

Service Dog wrote: I got in a fight tonight. I'm going to blather words to unwind.
I have said this before Dog... you should write a book.

Glad I live in super boring Troy Michigan. I already hate people most of the time. NYC would put me over the top in two weeks. Fun place to visit and all.

Good luck with the dumb fuck pisser dood.

It depends on where you find your statistics.... but blacks make up something like 10% of the NYC population and they commit 70% of the crime. (but we all know this is because of us white folks.... we makes em do it!)

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

I don't buy Service Dog's story.

Like, he has a girlfriend...

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote: I don't buy Service Dog's story.

He does - this is her twitter:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DykUY1DUcAAqhvx.jpg:large

(honest)

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Seems that Lauren Southern has understood there's more than one side to the European refugee crisis, but some of the comments are extremely upset with her about it:

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Bhurzum wrote:

(honest)
:mrgreen:

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Nope! Super nope! Extra super nope!!!

I once dropped my keys in the small port of Carras. Had to dive to pick them up. February, lower -1C°. Never again.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

shoutinghorse wrote:
Bhurzum wrote:

(honest)
:mrgreen:

I guess you just got enough bullets for a six shooter.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote: Nope! Super nope! Extra super nope!!!

I once dropped my keys in the small port of Carras. Had to dive to pick them up. February, lower -1C°. Never again.
I once done a two-weeker on Salisbury plain with no waterproofs and no cold kit. Tail end of November. Had countless dead granny kisses and very little sleep for my troubles.

You live and learn...

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Bhurzum wrote: Had countless dead granny kisses and very little sleep for my troubles.
Yes - but what was the weather like?

free thoughtpolice

shoutinghorse wrote:
Fire Arrows indeed, that's just silly. :snooty:
Don't let the spoil sports smother the richness of history just because the modernist know it alls can't reproduce ancient technology. :evil:

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Watched the Super Bowl, and the actors in the ads were, by my rough estimate, 40% black. I don't recall any asians, or hispanics outside of the Mexico Avocados ad. Further, every ad except the aforementioned had at least one black actor in it. I recall another three featuring bints in headscarfs.

This is out of control.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Gillette, surprisingly, ran no ads.

John D

Post by John D »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Watched the Super Bowl, and the actors in the ads were, by my rough estimate, 40% black. I don't recall any asians, or hispanics outside of the Mexico Avocados ad. Further, every ad except the aforementioned had at least one black actor in it. I recall another three featuring bints in headscarfs.

This is out of control.
Black folks need more jobs. I say that all actors in the future must be black people. This solves many problems. No more black only award shows. No more crying about not enough representation. No more worries about casting enough POCs. All blacks... all the time. The audience can just imagine people with different skin color.

And no fucking half blacks either. Halley Barry and Barack Obama and Corey Booker DO NOT COUNT. All black.... all the time. And no Hispanics either. Everyone knows Hispanics are just regular white people who happen to speak Spanish and believe in the sainthood of Mary. And Asians.... forget about them completely... we fixed this with the exclusionary act a hundred years ago.... just follow precedent.

Further... all people who can shoot someone in a video game must be black. All people who are victims in video games must be white.... and male. Of course male.... there can be no women who are victims in any video game.

This message brought to you by #whitemansburden

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Watched the Super Bowl, and the actors in the ads were, by my rough estimate, 40% black. I don't recall any asians, or hispanics outside of the Mexico Avocados ad. Further, every ad except the aforementioned had at least one black actor in it. I recall another three featuring bints in headscarfs.

This is out of control.
Indeed. I told the spousal unit yesterday, that if space aliens landed and the only information they could gather was watching American TV for a week, they would conclude that our planet consisted of:

70% biracial couples.
60% gay.
60% black.
<1% Asian.
<2% Hispanic.
15% white males (most of whom are dumber than a rock).

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

MarcusAu wrote: Yes - but what was the weather like?
Baltic, mucker; was chankin' like STAB-SAS wearing chairman Mao's on MEDMAN 7.