You is all a bunch of poofs!

Old subthreads
John D

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Post by John D »

Coyne is a pompous self-aggrandizing a-hole. End of story.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Brive1987 wrote: I’d generally agree. In this case, Zoe is in the low carb nutritional space. Diet is a bear pit where authority (PhD, MD, RD) punishes ‘lay people with results’ - so you wear what Kevlar you can find.
Speaking for myself - I find that a high protein diet produces consistently solid results on a regular basis.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

John D wrote: Coyne is a pompous self-aggrandizing a-hole. End of story.
You just figured that out now?

John D

Post by John D »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
No.... I had this opinion about four years ago as well.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

John D wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Sounds about right. I am just a bit dis-heartened to see how easy it is to convince people of lies when the truth is so unambiguous and accessible. I didn't think even Coyne would be so far into the bubble.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

And Joe spoke to an empty Michigan car park yesterday. He did his best doddering impression of a sprightly run out to the podium to no cheers and one guy clapping. To be fair though, they did seem to have occupied all of their white squares in that NH field. They are doing these things for TV although one has to wonder if they are getting no crowds because of the distancing restrictions or they're holding distancing events to cover for the lack of crowds.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
John D wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Sounds about right. I am just a bit dis-heartened to see how easy it is to convince people of lies when the truth is so unambiguous and accessible. I didn't think even Coyne would be so far into the bubble.
I think if you have a blog with a bunch of sycophantic turds you adapt to maintaining their adulation. See $EVERY_ATHEIST_BLOGGER_EVER.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Just because...

Note: thumbs behind and over the neck. Heretic!

Keating

Post by Keating »

Lsuoma wrote: I think if you have a blog with a bunch of sycophantic turds you adapt to maintaining their adulation. See $EVERY_ATHEIST_BLOGGER_EVER.
That's why we call you a Fascist Tit.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Keating wrote:
Lsuoma wrote: I think if you have a blog with a bunch of sycophantic turds you adapt to maintaining their adulation. See $EVERY_ATHEIST_BLOGGER_EVER.
This probably explains CB's, TP's and Dave Rubin's tendency to more partizan punditry too.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Bhurzum wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:34 pm
Just because...

Note: thumbs behind and over the neck. Heretic!
I am not a fan of the genre but that was interesting, because I could almost make out the words the guitar was singing.

(Is it just me or is that a thing?)

Anyway, I found the Steve Vai version

But this time all the guitar did was make music. It did not sing.

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

MarcusAu wrote:
Keating wrote:
This probably explains CB's, TP's and Dave Rubin's tendency to more partizan punditry too.
And maintaining their donations to your Patreon.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

AndrewV69 wrote: I am not a fan of the genre but that was interesting, because I could almost make out the words the guitar was singing.
Horses for courses, friend. The world would be a bland place if we were all the same.
AndrewV69 wrote: (Is it just me or is that a thing?)
I'm with you on that. Certain songs certainly seem to feature "speaking" instrumentation although the music I listen to (metal, mainly) would probably only contain torrents of angry shouting from the instruments in question.
AndrewV69 wrote: But this time all the guitar did was make music. It did not sing.
Therein lies the appeal of Tina S! Such a shame that trolls chased her off the net.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Keating wrote: That's why we call you a Fascist Tit.
That and I refuse to call the bugger "Dear Leader" :bjarte:

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

John D wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Apparently his latest is trying to talk MC Hammer out of intelligent design by calling him an ignoramus. He does say he deleted the tweet.

But Twitter is probably not the place for that kind of discussion.

And if Jerry is really a hard determinist then would he be able to change MC Hammer's mind anyway?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

One of WEITs 'roolz' was to not Bogart the comments with more than 10% of the posts. Sycophant and bombast, Ken 'Circle-K' Kucek was ever exempt, however. Now that Coyne's banned or driven off so many of his erstwhile followers who held or dared expressed contrarian opinions, WEIT is down to about a dozen regular commenters. So, it's more or less the Pit but with ducks.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Covid as Old Testament morality for the secular Left:

https://www.spiked-online.com/2020/10/0 ... -of-trump/

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

I used to like ducks, but now each and every one has an adjustment layer of orange sauce. An effect of too much WEIT.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Bhurzum wrote:
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead!!!

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Lsuoma wrote: Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead!!!
Those are my finest qualities!

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Of course, it does seem dear leader PCC(E) gets many of his ideas for posts here. Perhaps I shouldn't post it en clair, but there is an opportunity for some fun if we post up a pdf of an obscure journal disproving evolution or some such disinformation.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

screwtape wrote: Of course, it does seem dear leader PCC(E) gets many of his ideas for posts here. Perhaps I shouldn't post it en clair, but there is an opportunity for some fun if we post up a pdf of an obscure journal disproving evolution or some such disinformation.
Journal.jpg
(112.88 KiB) Downloaded 2347 times

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Bhurzum wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote: I am not a fan of the genre but that was interesting, because I could almost make out the words the guitar was singing.
Horses for courses, friend. The world would be a bland place if we were all the same.
AndrewV69 wrote: (Is it just me or is that a thing?)
I'm with you on that. Certain songs certainly seem to feature "speaking" instrumentation although the music I listen to (metal, mainly) would probably only contain torrents of angry shouting from the instruments in question.
AndrewV69 wrote: But this time all the guitar did was make music. It did not sing.
Therein lies the appeal of Tina S! Such a shame that trolls chased her off the net.
Welp, I gave her version another listen and ... her guitar sings to me and the Vai version does not. Very interesting.

She got trolled?

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

I didn't realized Spitting Image had a revival. Here they are on Jacinda Ardern.

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

I've been keeping this handy for a laugh induced endorphin boost as needed.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: One of WEITs 'roolz' was to not Bogart the comments with more than 10% of the posts. Sycophant and bombast, Ken 'Circle-K' Kucek was ever exempt, however. Now that Coyne's banned or driven off so many of his erstwhile followers who held or dared expressed contrarian opinions, WEIT is down to about a dozen regular commenters. So, it's more or less the Pit but with ducks.
I feel that the Pit went downhill when we became accepting and open, i.e. we stopped telling people to fuck off.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Go fuck yourself with a rotting porcupine

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

jugheadnaut wrote: I didn't realized Spitting Image had a revival. Here they are on Jacinda Ardern.

I haven't had ginger crunch in yonks.

And that was funny.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Keating wrote: Go fuck yourself with a rotting porcupine
That's the spirit. We'll be back ranking on the radars of the A plussers and SJ-dubs in no time.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Lsuoma wrote:
Bhurzum wrote:
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead!!!
I say old chap. That's not sporting. Just because he refused to bugger you.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Cuomo's sign language guy sings to me in a NY accent. Like a smooth mafioso giving baseball signals.
Sinatra gang signs. An offer dey can't refuse, all youse deaf Jews.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Service Dog wrote: Cuomo's sign language guy sings to me in a NY accent. Like a smooth mafioso giving baseball signals.
Sinatra gang signs. An offer dey can't refuse, all youse deaf Jews.
I remember the rumors that Mario was connected to the mafia. Now, I realize the Cuomos are their own crime family.

Watch the veins bulge on Fredo, the family enforcer, as he restrains himself from jacking up Ted Cruz:

Watch Fredo, with ice in his veins, calmly laugh off the nickname, 'Fredo':

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

The media needs to stop talking about masks like it's a goddamn panacea. Why?

1. They're largely useless anyway unless you have the really isolating ones, which the majority of people don't have.

2. The virus doesn't spread by just saliva alone, if health officials are anything to go by. It's spread by touch, and touching things that other people have touched, which means unless you wear gloves everywhere, never take them off while you're outside and always remember to sanitize them before you take them off (which the majority of people don't and won't do), it's meaningless and you look like a tit.

And finally, 3. It's AIRBORNE. Health officials have also said the virus is airborne, which means that masks, gloves and sanitizers DON'T MATTER IN THE SLIGHTEST. Because even if you follow the rules completely (social distancing, six feet apart, all that jazz), if you enter a room where someone else has coughed or sneezed or sniffled, those particles are still present in the air for a very long time and you can STILL get infected.

If I sound bitter it's because I am. The media ramping it up to eleven every time. Masks. :twatson:

HelpingHand

Post by HelpingHand »

Airborne? Crazy notion.

Got my appendix out this weekend. As I was getting wheeled into surgery the surgical nurse told me that my Covid test came back negative. I asked if it would have made a difference if it had come back positive. Oh damn, was I glad I tested negative.

I would have been intubated while conscious. Then left alone in the operating room for 21 minutes. 21 minutes being the calculated time for the air handlers to have replaced all the air in the room. Then the team comes back in wearing n95s, puts me under and goes to work.

Also strange on the mask wearing. Wife and I had to wear masks throughout the whole ER visit and diagnosis stage. As soon as the imagery confirmed appendix and I was on a path to admittance...we could both take off the masks. "Oh, you are a patient now." What? The virus would have respected that distinction?

Keating

Post by Keating »

I'm not saying that some behavioural changes aren't required to deal with WuFlu, but a lot of the government response seems to be more theatre than actually based on anything sensible. Even here in Canberra, gyms are open, but the water fountains in the gym must remain closed.

Perhaps not too surprising, given the trouble Sam Harris got into pointing out that fingering a little old lady's anus in response to planes flying into the World Trade Center towers was also theatre.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Watch the veins bulge on Fredo
Fredo interrupts So much. How rude. Reminds me of another interrupting oaf... Chris Wallace!

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

Pitchguest wrote: The media needs to stop talking about masks like it's a goddamn panacea. Why?

1. They're largely useless anyway unless you have the really isolating ones, which the majority of people don't have.

2. The virus doesn't spread by just saliva alone, if health officials are anything to go by. It's spread by touch, and touching things that other people have touched, which means unless you wear gloves everywhere, never take them off while you're outside and always remember to sanitize them before you take them off (which the majority of people don't and won't do), it's meaningless and you look like a tit.

And finally, 3. It's AIRBORNE. Health officials have also said the virus is airborne, which means that masks, gloves and sanitizers DON'T MATTER IN THE SLIGHTEST. Because even if you follow the rules completely (social distancing, six feet apart, all that jazz), if you enter a room where someone else has coughed or sneezed or sniffled, those particles are still present in the air for a very long time and you can STILL get infected.

If I sound bitter it's because I am. The media ramping it up to eleven every time. Masks. :twatson:
The CDC as well?
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2020/10/06 ... 107031.jpg

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

That CDC info graphic doesn't say the healthy family wore masks.

It says they stayed outdoors, away from the shared air in the house.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

The bit.ly link in the infographic leads to the CDC case study.
https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/ ... mm6940e2_w

Funny the graphic omits that the people on the left cohabitated for 3 weeks, the ones on the right visited for 13 hours.

The teenager they accuse of being patient zero-- actually tested negative prior to the visit. The case study just assumes it was a false negative. Due to 'symptoms'. (A runny nose.)

Is that science or propaganda?

Keating

Post by Keating »

For Brive:
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/5981 ... edf09f4e41
A senior Catholic cardinal has been accused of using €700,000 of Vatican funds to bribe witnesses to secure a sex abuse conviction against a rival.

Italian media have reported that Cardinal Giovanni Angelo Becciu, 72, is suspected of wiring the cash to recipients in Australia who helped to ensure hostile testimony in the abuse trial of Cardinal George Pell, who was accused of molesting choir boys in Melbourne in the 1990s.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Keating wrote: For Brive:
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/5981 ... edf09f4e41
A senior Catholic cardinal has been accused of using €700,000 of Vatican funds to bribe witnesses to secure a sex abuse conviction against a rival.

Italian media have reported that Cardinal Giovanni Angelo Becciu, 72, is suspected of wiring the cash to recipients in Australia who helped to ensure hostile testimony in the abuse trial of Cardinal George Pell, who was accused of molesting choir boys in Melbourne in the 1990s.
I’d be checking balance statements in certain ABC newscaster bank accounts.

Given the gaping holes :cdc: in the prosecution case, they needed to gather all the divine manna that fell their way.

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

Back in the realm of actual science, here's a recent study involving 23 Greek family clusters where Covid-19 had infiltrated and there wasn't a single example of child-to-child or child-to-adult transmission. Masks aren't mentioned, so presumably weren't involved.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Trump’s corona shit-play is amazing.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Covid as Old Testament morality for the secular Left:

Lo! What biblical wrath hath befalleth the pert mouth of the beast, the woman full of binders, the she-demon Kay-a-lee Mac-a-nay Nay? How hath the plague judged and withered her bosoms?! Behold!

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

AndrewV69 wrote: She got trolled?
To be fair, I'm very late to the Tina S. party - I only stumbled onto her channel/vids about a year ago. Anyway, as far as I can tell, she drew a lot of flak because of her deadpan facial expression(s) whilst playing and was accused of feigning boredom during intensely difficult and/or complex cover-tracks. Apparently, according to the comments on her various vids, it got so bad she stopped posting new vids and "left" the internet.

No idea how (un)true any of this is - it's taken from comments on YT so mountains of salt-pinches are required. Al I know is she's a beast on the guitar and it would be nice to hear more of her!

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Service Dog wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Covid as Old Testament morality for the secular Left:

Lo! What biblical wrath hath befalleth the pert mouth of the beast, the woman full of binders, the she-demon Kay-a-lee Mac-a-nay Nay? How hath the plague judged and withered her bosoms?! Behold!
I’d be prepared to explore necrophilia if that’s what a deadly Republican-centric disease looks like.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

So I take it that everyone - including the people that will not be voting - have decided how they will be voting.

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

Brive1987 wrote: Trump’s corona shit-play is amazing.
He's a brave leader leading us into battle with the virus. Too bad the way to battle a pandemic is to *not* get infected.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Not much different than a War on Poverty or War on Terrorism then.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

MarcusAu wrote: So I take it that everyone - including the people that will not be voting - have decided how they will be voting.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

MarcusAu wrote: So I take it that everyone - including the people that will not be voting - have decided how they will be voting.
https://cthulhuforamerica.com/wp-conten ... ulhu-1.jpg

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

N'yuk!

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Write in for SARS-Cov-2, I think.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Driftless wrote:
Pitchguest wrote: The media needs to stop talking about masks like it's a goddamn panacea. Why?

The CDC as well?
Even the CDC. Even the WHO! Masks are NOT so essential, or useful, that not wearing one means you're going to die within seven days. (Which, again, if you don't wear one that's essentially airtight, they're not much good anyway.) If masks were so damned important to wear at all times, the whole population of Sweden would have dwindled down to nothing within the first two months. If you get far away from the bigger cities, where mask hysteria rules supreme, down to the west coast where I live, you might think the pandemic never happened. Apart from the first month, where toilet paper became as rare a commodity as ice cream at McDonalds, there is barely a mask in sight. We should be dying like flies, but instead the death toll is actually DECREASING. I just don't understand.

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

Pitchguest wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:57 am
Driftless wrote:

The CDC as well?
Even the CDC. Even the WHO! Masks are NOT so essential, or useful, that not wearing one means you're going to die within seven days. (Which, again, if you don't wear one that's essentially airtight, they're not much good anyway.) If masks were so damned important to wear at all times, the whole population of Sweden would have dwindled down to nothing within the first two months. If you get far away from the bigger cities, where mask hysteria rules supreme, down to the west coast where I live, you might think the pandemic never happened. Apart from the first month, where toilet paper became as rare a commodity as ice cream at McDonalds, there is barely a mask in sight. We should be dying like flies, but instead the death toll is actually DECREASING. I just don't understand.
But the deaths per capita in Sweden are 10x Norway and Denmark. I also saw that the economic hit in Denmark was in the same ballpark as Sweden. So Sweden had similar economic hit for 10x the death rate.

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

Looks like the Winston Churchill of Covid-19 has crashed the stock market.

This truly is our finest hour.

His medical condition is a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma.

Etc.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

RIP Eddie.

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

Driftless wrote:
But the deaths per capita in Sweden are 10x Norway and Denmark. I also saw that the economic hit in Denmark was in the same ballpark as Sweden. So Sweden had similar economic hit for 10x the death rate.
The Swedish approach by design was going to have more cases and unavoidably more deaths to get to the herd immunity threshold. The death rate was about 10x Norway but 5x Denmark. It's also about 34% less than Belgium, and 20% less than Spain or the UK (all of which had heavy lockdowns, and a current case and death rate much higher than Sweden), so a lot of criticism of the Swedish approach is based on cherry picking. It's ludicrous to think just comparisons with geographic neighbours is a conclusive argument. There are actually many reasons why Sweden differs from the other Nordic countries other in ways where more deaths were expected. Here's a paper that looks at 15 of them.

Both Denmark and Sweden have very trade dependent economies, so a certain amount of GDP loss in each was baked in. Norway has a petrodollar based economy, so it was partially shielded, though not entirely because of the fall in the price of oil. A lot of the economic damage from lockdowns is medium and longer term, so the comparison has not played out entirely yet. Economic loss is only one negative consequence of locking down, there are also additional deaths due to lockdown and quality of life factors. It's foolish to put the downsides of lockdown all in the economic bucket.

For another comparison here's Sweden vs Illinois, which may seem kind of a random, but they are similar is population, density, and rural/urban distribution.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EiMswxiXgAE ... ame=medium

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

KiwiInOz wrote: RIP Eddie.
Feckin' 2020 strikes again...

https://media1.tenor.com/images/ea3d7f6 ... d=11562736