You is all a bunch of poofs!

Old subthreads
MarcusAu

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Post by MarcusAu »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: https://www.artfido.com/the-sketchbooks ... aPum9spw4M
Sketchbook of a WWII soldier. Worth a look.
Great stuff.

franc

Post by franc »

MarcusAu wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: https://www.artfido.com/the-sketchbooks ... aPum9spw4M
Sketchbook of a WWII soldier. Worth a look.
Great stuff.
Toxic masculinity.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

shoutinghorse wrote: BeckyBooze has just dropped a vid where she comes out as a part time carpet muncher. Can't say I'm surprised but I've never known her admit it before. I wonder if apple salary mugfrend knew ? (2:42)
Meh, Isn't bi the default sexuality now anyway? Can we just get back to a world where we don't talk about sexual orientation or gender? If we would just STOP TALKING ABOUT IT, maybe there'd be more time to do, like, important things, For the time being of course, this will never happens, since saying you're bisexual gains you an automatic 10 "cool" points. Wouldn't it be nice if nobody gave a fuck?

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

I never forget although I think most of our politicians have.

:flags-wavegreatbritain:

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

franc wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:45 am
Threw the old man in a hole in the ground because we're not allowed to burn him because that's what catholics do and we are the one true orthodox faith and catholics are cunts and whatever they do is wrong. That fucking hole has cost $14,000 so far and that's not counting the idolaters monument which will be another 5-10 grand. Death is for capitalist pigs. Fuck this. I'm leaving my corpse to necrophiles or US miiltary ballistics testing. Seriously. Fuck this. The cunt's dead and we have to shit money. Fuck off. Cunts.
Have you thought of making the monument a long drop dunny?

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Hunt wrote:
shoutinghorse wrote: BeckyBooze has just dropped a vid where she comes out as a part time carpet muncher. Can't say I'm surprised but I've never known her admit it before. I wonder if apple salary mugfrend knew ? (2:42)
Meh, Isn't bi the default sexuality now anyway? Can we just get back to a world where we don't talk about sexual orientation or gender? If we would just STOP TALKING ABOUT IT, maybe there'd be more time to do, like, important things, For the time being of course, this will never happens, since saying you're bisexual gains you an automatic 10 "cool" points. Wouldn't it be nice if nobody gave a fuck?
Meh. Bi is passe now. It's pansexual if you please.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Franc:

Kind of sorry to hear that, and kind of not. After the shit you went through, it must be a relief. The financial burden is a real bitch. Hope you can sort things out.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Steersman wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:37 am
But certainly something of a "mephitic" mess there in Twitter Support. Though I periodically wonder to what extent that is due more to imperfect algorithms than explicit bias - even if that bias may affect to some degree, intentionally or not, the development of those algorithms.

Ran across a site awhile back that tracked - in "real-time" - the total number of tweets per day - something like 700 million a day. No way in gawd's green earth that a real human can be monitoring any portion of that - they have to rely on programs to monitor those and to take action accordingly. Inevitably going to be things that fall through the cracks - I've been banned a couple of times and when I've complained Twitter told me I had been caught by programs checking for spam - not that I'm repetitive or anything like that ...

But there does seem some evidence that the algorithms need some fine-tuning - too much opportunity for people to "game the system". Don't know if you read much of that interview - there's a link in it at the bottom to a "Twitter Moment" that has the whole conversation - but Dorsey alluded to how they rely on people complaining to trigger bans and the like rather than them being proactive. Kind of get the impression that "snowflakes" tend to have thinner skins than those on the nominal right - quicker to complain to the teacher - which is probably part of the reason why it looks like Twitter has a bias against those on the nominal Right. ICYMI - a Quillette article thereon.

But definitely have to give Dorsey a great deal of credit for taking the bull by the horns, for admitting the nature of the problem and expending a not inconsiderable amount of effort trying to fix it. Even if it may be motivated in part by an eye on Twitter's bottom line.
I have resisted all temptation to do anything with Twitter and Facebook. I don't really understand the point of 'social media' for anyone who wants to keep their dopamine-reward system functional. Otherwise it's simply weaponizing part of your brain on behalf of advertisers. Talking of which, I was sent a link by Malwarebytes this morning:
What does ‘consent to tracking’ really mean?

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Keating wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:07 pm
I don't stick my dick in shit.
Breaking news: All Gay Guys Leave Australasia Looking For More Satisfying Lives.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

MarcusAu wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:45 pm
So there's a chance of oobleck then?
You keep your non-Newtonian fluids out of my non-Euclidean geometry and we'll get on just fine!

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

KiwiInOz wrote:
franc wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:45 am
Threw the old man in a hole in the ground because we're not allowed to burn him because that's what catholics do and we are the one true orthodox faith and catholics are cunts and whatever they do is wrong. That fucking hole has cost $14,000 so far and that's not counting the idolaters monument which will be another 5-10 grand. Death is for capitalist pigs. Fuck this. I'm leaving my corpse to necrophiles or US miiltary ballistics testing. Seriously. Fuck this. The cunt's dead and we have to shit money. Fuck off. Cunts.
Have you thought of making the monument a long drop dunny?
The long defunct Bergen Line used to operate car ferries between Newcastle (UK) and Bergen (Norway). Their oldest ship, the SS Leda (named after a rape!) had some lovely graffiti, including this one:

Shithouse poets, when they die
Have erected in the sky
A fitting tribute to their wit
A monument of solid shit.

I learned much at sea.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Well the shits really going to hit the fan for a certain French president if this turns out to be the work of the usual suspects. :shock:

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

CaptainFluffyBunny

KiwiInOz wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:36 am
What did Dave Chapelle ever do to the narwhals?

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

:popcorn:

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

CommanderTuvok wrote: :popcorn:
Same goes for Robert E. Lee, amirite?

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

KiwiInOz wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:36 am
What did Dave Chapelle ever do to the narwhals?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Last comment on that lying climate change denier cunt: he's an economist, not a scientist. And a pretty controversial anarchist/libertarian, who are all complete fucking retards.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Epstein

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: ...anarchist/libertarian, who are all complete fucking retards.
You were doing so well, until that bit

CaptainFluffyBunny

Hunt wrote:
We went from acknowledging legitimately that gays and lesbians having rights to this. I think a lot of people saw gays getting attention, and decided to get on the bandwagon, because gods know, we all gotta be special and lavished with attention just for existing.. Thinking that anybody gives a flying fuck about your sexuality is an increasingly annoying narcassim. Why anybody puts it in their Twitter bio is incomprehensible, unless you're angling for points.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Back when BeckyBooze was in Boston & a recent graduate of NYU (Comm Ave campus), and an aspiring juggler, she was accused of being a 'tourist lesbian' by actual dykes. Admitting to a bit of carpet-munching earns one a certain cachet among the woke, so it's less a concession than a brag.

In truth, Watson has such incredible low self-esteem and a near-complete lack of identity, I doubt she really has a fully-formed schema of sexual attraction. For her, intimacy and the simulacrum of affection are merely tools to get something she wants or needs from someone. She is dead inside.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: Thinking that anybody gives a flying fuck about your sexuality is an increasingly annoying narcassim. Why anybody puts it in their Twitter bio is incomprehensible, unless you're angling for points.
Exactly, especially when a rainbow unicorn emoji send the message just as well.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:37 am
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: This is such an obvious manifestation of the tendency of people to externalise evil. They are so sure that evil lies in everyone else that they can act with sociopathic malice whilst still convinced of their moral virtue. If you could get them out of the bubble looking in for a moment I'm sure they'd recoil in horror.
I was thinking about this. The real pay-outfrom splitting the world into Good and Evil is not so much making it easy to hate your opponents, but rather that you get the sanctimonious satisfaction of being purely Good.
Great deal of value in being able to categorize stuff - poisonous versus edible for example; Pinker having a cogent observation thereon:

Pinker_HowTheMindWorks_Categories.jpg
(57.51 KiB) Downloaded 326 times

But, as with most if not all human "modalities", it does have its pathological manifestations, that "sanctimonious satisfaction" being a case in point. However, that case is hardly novel as there have been any number of similar manifestations over the centuries:

Quotes_BertrandRussell_InflictionOfCruelty2A.jpg
(10.09 KiB) Downloaded 326 times

And one of my more jaw-dropping moments was in reading of the "abominable fancy":
The term "abominable fancy" was first used by Frederic Farrar [1831-1903] for the long-standing Christian idea that the eternal punishment of the damned in Hell would entertain the saved. According to Philip C. Almond, this view was held by several early Christian philosophers, including Augustine, Tertullian, Thomas Aquinas and Peter Lombard.
Lovely people though sadly part of the "human condition". Thomas Huxley thereon:
Let us understand, once for all, that the ethical progress of society depends, not on imitating the cosmic process, still less in running away from it, but in combating it. -- Thomas Henry Huxley, Evolution and Ethics

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

It sounds like people are not going to stop dividing others into categories anytime soon.

CaptainFluffyBunny

MarcusAu wrote: It sounds like people are not going to stop dividing others into categories anytime soon.
It figures one of you would say that.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Ocasio-Cortez vs. NYC Amazon HQ

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Jerry Coyne has been asking prominent atheist whether 'new atheism' is indeed truly dead. Many have responded. The latest is Shermer, who -- get this -- essentially calls for Atheism Plus:

Michael Shermer wrote:One problematic aspect of the “atheist” label ... is that we allow others to define us by what we don’t believe. That will never suffice. We must define ourselves by what we do believe: science, philosophy, reason, logic, empiricism and all the tools of the scientific method, along with civil rights, civil liberties, women’s rights, gay rights, animal rights, and moral progress as a result of these components of our worldview, which might better be described as humanism or one of its variants: secular humanism, Enlightenment humanism, or as I’m now suggesting, Scientific Humanism....
https://whyevolutionistrue.wordpress.co ... nt-1705501

Fegg

Post by Fegg »

Steersman wrote:
The term "abominable fancy" was first used by Frederic Farrar [1831-1903] for the long-standing Christian idea that the eternal punishment of the damned in Hell would entertain the saved. According to Philip C. Almond, this view was held by several early Christian philosophers, including Augustine, Tertullian, Thomas Aquinas and Peter Lombard.
I don't know about the others, but the reference to Tertullian can only be to the closing chapter of De spectaculis.

I think it is kind of like claims that Jordan Peterson wishes he was allowed to hit women, or that he claims that women who wear makeup in the workplace invite sexual harassment. He says something which could be read that way, but only if the reader is ideologically possessed.

B.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Well that was weirdly compelling in an unsettling way.

:lol:

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:24 pm
MarcusAu wrote: It sounds like people are not going to stop dividing others into categories anytime soon.
It figures one of you would say that.
Just the type of reply I expected from your kind.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Fegg wrote:
Steersman wrote:
I don't know about the others, but the reference to Tertullian can only be to the closing chapter of De spectaculis.
You've got me there - my Tertullian is a little bit rusty - virtually non existent :-). Although I did read "Shadow of the Third Century: A Revaluation of Christianity" by Alvin Boyd Kuhn - an early mythicist - which quotes him extensively which I should probably re-read.

But since the Wiki article references a book by Almond - Heaven and Hell in Enlightenment England - one might suppose Farrar knew something "whereof he spoke". And he was "a cleric of the Church of England".
Fegg wrote: I think it is kind of like claims that Jordan Peterson wishes he was allowed to hit women, or that he claims that women who wear makeup in the workplace invite sexual harassment. He says something which could be read that way, but only if the reader is ideologically possessed.

B.
Certainly our biases can colour our interpretations of events and people and what they've said - reminds me of a favourite quote of Shermer:

BelievingBrain_Shermer_Section_1A.JPG
(50.99 KiB) Downloaded 264 times

But, en passant and to kill the proverbial two birds with one stone, I had been meaning to comment on yours quoting Lord Acton on Women’s Suffrage. Interesting fellow and cogent observations - particularly liked his "it has given them privileges, in criminal law, which would not be scientifically defensible" - shades of "power corrupts", and of #MeToo, Title IX, and the pushback thereon.

But I had run across a quote of Acton's that I haven't been able to track down - checked the Wiki, and I think there was a website devoted to his works but haven't found anything close to the quote. Which was something to the effect of it being an unwise idea to pass imperfect laws on the assumption that flaws therein wouldn't be misused - because the facts are that they eventually will be. You ever run across that? Know of a specific source and phrasing?

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Probably a good thing - kind of expect procreation might be a bit "problematic" otherwise.

Say, have I mentioned - recently - a cogent if not brilliant essay - if I do say so myself ... ;-) - over at Post Millennial on the transgender clusterfuck that references the argument that taxonomy is the world's oldest profession?
It seems that shortly after creation [Genesis 2:19-20], God called Adam over, lined up all the animals, and paraded them by so that Adam could name them and presumably choose a mate… There we have it – indisputable proof … that Adam was the first taxonomist, and taxonomy is thus the oldest profession.
Q.E.D., other claims to the title notwithstanding ...

But not at all inconsistent with the definition of taxonomy as "the science of defining and naming groups of biological organisms on the basis of shared characteristics". Naming of categories seems an essential precursor to science in general, and to having some degree of control over our environment.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Steersman wrote: Say, have I mentioned - recently - a cogent if not brilliant essay - if I do say so myself
I wouldn't necessarily go that far, but it's a work of genus to be sure.

Who was the ancient taxonomist that grouped things based on colour? eg Parrots are green, so are placed in the same category as artichokes. Aristotle, perhaps?

I quick google led me to this paper: Taxonomy of Centaurs and Trans-Neptunian Objects - which I don't think can quite live up to it's title.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Jerry Coyne has been asking prominent atheist whether 'new atheism' is indeed truly dead. Many have responded. The latest is Shermer, who -- get this -- essentially calls for Atheism Plus:

Michael Shermer wrote:One problematic aspect of the “atheist” label ... is that we allow others to define us by what we don’t believe. That will never suffice. We must define ourselves by what we do believe: science, philosophy, reason, logic, empiricism and all the tools of the scientific method, along with civil rights, civil liberties, women’s rights, gay rights, animal rights, and moral progress as a result of these components of our worldview, which might better be described as humanism or one of its variants: secular humanism, Enlightenment humanism, or as I’m now suggesting, Scientific Humanism....
Trying to rehabilitate his image? That move is pretty clueless. They never learn.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

8:14 is one of the very rare times axis and allied soldiers were caught in the same frame during combat.

And I believe 9:02 is the only time a Cong. Medal infantry action was filmed as it unfolded.

CaptainFluffyBunny

The minute any ideology creeps into any atheism movement, you're automatically going to alienate a good many atheists. Then will come the entryism, purity tests and inevitable backstabbing of call-out culture. At which point you'll have a movement that looks so bad that religion will be an attractive option by comparison. Somebody needs to clean their room.

Mookie

Post by Mookie »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Jerry Coyne has been asking prominent atheist whether 'new atheism' is indeed truly dead. Many have responded. The latest is Shermer, who -- get this -- essentially calls for Atheism Plus:
Shermer must not remember when Coyne flamed him.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Colin Kaepernick and NFL settle outside of court for a rumored $60-80 million.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Oops! :shock:
A 74-old senior social worker who helped with Germany’s migrant influx in 2015 must move out of the flat he has lived in for 24 years. A 1990s court ruling allows German municipalities to evict tenants to accommodate refugees if other options are exhausted.
https://www.jihadwatch.org/2019/02/germ ... e-migrants

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

India & Pakistan on the brink of war following jihadi attack:

https://news.yahoo.com/kashmir-attack-i ... 00259.html

CaptainFluffyBunny

There's a funeral option for you. "Mourners please remember umbrellas!"

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

One beautiful aspect of this Jussie Smollett hoax... is that the threatening letter he received... contained Suspicious White Powder.

So, if the FBI can connect the letter to Smollett... he's on the hook for a terrorist attack, or at-least faking one.

He gave himself enough rope to hang himself, in so many ways. Elegant.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

cf.
https://www.newsweek.com/what-happening ... ny-1333948

If you're gonna fake a racist attack, wouldn't you maybe hire a couple of white guys instead of Nigerians?

And he left the rope around his neck for like an hour. Went home, took a shower, fed the cat, made a sandwich, checked email, then called the cops to tell them Oh My God they put a rope around my neck!

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: The minute any ideology creeps into any atheism movement, you're automatically going to alienate a good many atheists. Then will come the entryism, purity tests and inevitable backstabbing of call-out culture. At which point you'll have a movement that looks so bad that religion will be an attractive option by comparison. Somebody needs to clean their room.
Jen McWreight (sp) may have been a true believer, but I find it more difficult to see Watson as ideological, beyond looking out for number one that is. Atheism+ (at least for some of the main players) could be seen as an attempt to seize the means of production - or at least the income streams from the conference speaking gigs. Once a stink had been kicked up - patreon was discovered as an alternate source. Most people were happy enough for them to have an ideology - but suggested that it would fit better with humanism.

The separate (but unequal) Atheism+ forum - was an (almost) entirely Internet based purity spiral and it's own clusterfuck.

John D

Post by John D »

Brive1987 wrote: 8:14 is one of the very rare times axis and allied soldiers were caught in the same frame during combat.

And I believe 9:02 is the only time a Cong. Medal infantry action was filmed as it unfolded.

Great footage... wow. My dad was in the Navy and was a gunner/pilot of one of those LCVPs. He was at Tarawa. He is now 92 years old... he has Alzheimer's... and can't remember the names of my children. But he drove that fucking boat into that Japanese fire.

I am going to New Orleans in about 6 weeks and plan to visit the WWII museum. They have reconstructed an LCVP there. They did have iron armor on the front and sides... but they were wood boats. Fuck me.

CaptainFluffyBunny

MarcusAu wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: The minute any ideology creeps into any atheism movement, you're automatically going to alienate a good many atheists. Then will come the entryism, purity tests and inevitable backstabbing of call-out culture. At which point you'll have a movement that looks so bad that religion will be an attractive option by comparison. Somebody needs to clean their room.
Jen McWreight (sp) may have been a true believer, but I find it more difficult to see Watson as ideological, beyond looking out for number one that is. Atheism+ (at least for some of the main players) could be seen as an attempt to seize the means of production - or at least the income streams from the conference speaking gigs. Once a stink had been kicked up - patreon was discovered as an alternate source. Most people were happy enough for them to have an ideology - but suggested that it would fit better with humanism.

The separate (but unequal) Atheism+ forum - was an (almost) entirely Internet based purity spiral and it's own clusterfuck.
In the US, at least, the atheist movement needed to have just the focus of atheism. The idea that other foci, already well covered by other groups were needed to be represented was a distraction and natural points of division.

Watson has always been a grifter. Kind of sad she had her daddy issues help torpedo a movement. Not that it would have survived the swarm of narcissist attention-seeking whores that attached leech-like and mewling over atheism. Fresh from christianity to the SocJus religion, still seeking salvation and the sure knowledge that they're oh-so-special. Now we have a bunch of judges that are certain armageddon is nigh and the world is 6,000 years old. Outrageous. :bjarte:

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

KiwiInOz wrote:
Service Dog wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:
Service Dog wrote: I'm not confident-- that I could look at the Climate Change experts' numbers & determine whether their case is solid.

But I am confident that I can detect something very wrong with the dollar amounts and timelines of the Green New Deal.

Is the latter indicative of the former? Is the climate change problem's math just as defective as the climate change solution's math?
Climate change's numbers are simple. We have slowed down the rate of heat energy leaving earth for space. This means that heat energy is accumulating within the atmosphere and oceans.

The transfer of heat energy between land, water, and atmosphere drives our weather system. The extra energy drives extreme conditions and some new or rarely seen patterns.

Simple.
The inspiration for my previous post-- the one you replied-to-- is a podcast episode, link below, from Stanford's Hoover Institution, about the Green New Deal.
Like I said, I'm not fit to judge whether the podcast guest's climate numbers are correct or not.
As far as I know, he could be reciting tired, debunked climate-denier talking points. Or he could be utterly reliable.
But I buy what he says about the political numbers in the Green New Deal. And I don't buy Ocasio-math.

https://www.hoover.org/research/liberta ... n-new-deal
I'll have a listen later today.
Bloody hell. He is Gish galloping at a fair trot. He is Trumpian in the magnificence of his blatant porkies and misdirections.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

John D wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: 8:14 is one of the very rare times axis and allied soldiers were caught in the same frame during combat.

https..://youtu.be/6he73u5a5vo
Great footage... wow. My dad was in the Navy and was a gunner/pilot of one of those LCVPs. He was at Tarawa. He is now 92 years old... he has Alzheimer's... and can't remember the names of my children. But he drove that fucking boat into that Japanese fire.

I am going to New Orleans in about 6 weeks and plan to visit the WWII museum. They have reconstructed an LCVP there. They did have iron armor on the front and sides... but they were wood boats. Fuck me.
Nice.

My grandfather kicked Turkish ass in Palestine in 1916-18. He lived to 92. Popular number.

Moving on a year or so from Tarawa, it’s weird Iwo Jima is a Japanese naval base off limits to casual American visitors.

Tarawa itself is apparently an overpopulated slum literally covered in shit and rubbish.

http://i.imgur.com/8sHcI5J.jpg

Meh.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Nice the NZers bothered to put a memorial up.

:mrgreen:

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Brive1987 wrote:
John D wrote:

Nice.

My grandfather kicked Turkish ass in Palestine in 1916-18. He lived to 92. Popular number.

Moving on a year or so from Tarawa, it’s weird Iwo Jima is a Japanese naval base off limits to casual American visitors.

Tarawa itself is apparently an overpopulated slum literally covered in shit and rubbish.

Meh.
Brive1987 wrote: Nice the NZers bothered to put a memorial up.

M
Brive1987 wrote:
John D wrote:

Nice.

Meh.
My great grandfather was at Bastards Drift in South Africa during the Boer War. He died at 94.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Brive1987 wrote: Nice the NZers bothered to put a memorial up.

We're fucking good that way. Like I suggested for Franc.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Bog knows how that borking happened above.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

KiwiInOz wrote: Bog knows how that borking happened above.
Probably more info than you’d want on Bastard’s Drift.
http://samilitaryhistory.org/vol144rs.html

I just read an account of the first Australian (colony) contingent to anywhere.

Maori Wars. Who knew?

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

3500 dollars to attack Jussie Smollett.

It is great to see Nigerian immigrants to America getting well-paid jobs.

It was money for old rope.

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/02/16 ... tt-attack/

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:18 pm

Trying to rehabilitate his image? That move is pretty clueless. They never learn.
Shermer also wrote:Defining ourselves by what we do believe prevents believers and faitheists from calling us “atheists” and then attacking whatever that word means to them, instead of what it means to us (namely, a lack of belief in a deity, full stop).
I did not read the quote first posted as saying that the word "atheist" should take on any extra meanings. I thought he was probably saying that we should not be taking on atheism as an identity in itself, but rather define ourselves in a way that encompasses more than our disbelief in gods. I don't think he wants to compromise the definition of atheist. The quote I gave above would seem to confirm that.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:37 pm
Jerry Coyne has been asking prominent atheist whether 'new atheism' is indeed truly dead. Many have responded. The latest is Shermer, who -- get this -- essentially calls for Atheism Plus:

As dictated by the First Law of Irony. It's all just a plot to give PZ a cerebral aneurism.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Brive1987 wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote: Bog knows how that borking happened above.
Probably more info than you’d want on Bastard’s Drift.
http://samilitaryhistory.org/vol144rs.html

I just read an account of the first Australian (colony) contingent to anywhere.

Maori Wars. Who knew?
Sergeant AJ mentioned in dispatches near the end of this document https://www.angloboerwar.com/unit-infor ... ight-horse.