Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Post by Lsuoma »

Completely predictable. First of many.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Steve Bannon, dude that Trump barely knew and worked briefly as covfefe boy in his campaign, also one time propagandist journalist at Breitbart News arrested for fraud, allegedly stealing funds from a private order wall building project.
http://archive.is/wip/oUtIN
https://www.cp24.com/world/ex-white-hou ... -1.5072034

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

The republican campaign masterminds at the Lincoln Project are ecstatic at the arrest of republican campaign mastermind Steve Bannon--

for raising funds from rubes for a bogus non-profit, & skimming cash.

:whistle:

free thoughtpolice

Uday Donald Trump Jr. distances himself from We Build the Wall campaign.
https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... ngle-event.
The speech he gave:

At 22 seconds in he praises capitalism. Many people are saying We Build the Wall is a prime example of Trump capitalism: fleece the rubes.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Hunt wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: a spoonful of coconut oil
Ideally, I would like to cook everything with coconut oil
I dated a gal who used coconut oil for all sorts of things.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Many people are saying We Build the Wall is a prime example of Trump capitalism: fleece the rubes.
"Many people" are saying that, eh?

Justice for the rubes will not be done until Steve Bannon tells us where he hid every last mailbox, so the rube vote can choose the next president.

And every fleeced rube dime must be stacked on the border, to Build The Wall to stop Mexicans who refuse to social distance.

I wonder if Trump will pardon Bannon. Or if Trump will be implicated in the We Build The Wall Scheme.
So difficult to discern, from this elaborate timeline (worthy of Brive):

January 2018: Trump severs ties with Bannon due to Bannon contributing to tell-all book.

December 2018: 'We Build The Wall' crowdfunding drive is launched.

January 2019: We Build The Wall 501(c)(4) non-profit organization formed. Steve Bannon joins as Chairman of the Board.

free thoughtpolice

Service Dog wrote:
"Many people" are saying that, eh?
Yes. Many people. The best people.
Sevice Dog also wrote:
I wonder if Trump will pardon Bannon. Or if Trump will be implicated in the We Build The Wall Scheme.
Unless Bannon has some really bad on Trump I doubt he will pardon Sloppy Steve. Especially after Bannon wrote the book.
If there were speaking fees paid out for Trump Jr. and Kimberly Gargoyle or if it reimbursed the Trump campaign for their appearances would that be illegal? I doubt it and I doubt that the Trumps would have gotten a cut otherwise. I think the worst thing that comes out of it is the Trump campaign and possibly Trump himself "unwittingly" endorsed a scam from a former associate.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

free thoughtpolice

orca&seal.PNG
(577.08 KiB) Downloaded 3483 times

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

free thoughtpolice wrote: orca&seal.PNG
Orca tennis?

free thoughtpolice

KiwiInOz wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote: orca&seal.PNG
Orca tennis?
Pretty much.There are more than a few photos and videos of them doing this. There was one where the orca launched the seal even higher I think.
It may actually be a game. Fish aren't as stupid as we all thought? :drool:

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Orca tennis?

Cute.

However, great white extreme frisbee is the real shit!

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/BLfKAQ0CM5s/maxresdefault.jpg

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

For those of us who haven't read the whacky works underpinning the societal destruction in progress. James Lindsay has made quite a study of the subject and goes some way to explaining the goals and thought processes of the people behind it. There is a twisted logic behind what they are doing.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

From about 6mins to 20mins-- medical ethicist Richard Epstein addresses many shortcomings in public policy response to Cuomovirus, including flaws in the FDA approval process:

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

I'm curious-- regarding the 'We Build The Wall' arrests-- is there any actual donor who objects to how their donation was spent & wants those guys prosecuted?

If not, then where's the crime?

Same is true of the Clinton Foundation, which only spent 5.7% of donations on charitable grants/ the rest went to salaries, compensation, employee benefits, fundraising expenses, and other expenses. But if the donors are ok with that-- who cares?

https://dailycaller.com/2016/09/16/just ... o-charity/

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Service Dog wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:28 am
I'm curious-- regarding the 'We Build The Wall' arrests-- is there any actual donor who objects to how their donation was spent & wants those guys prosecuted?

Same is true of the Clinton Foundation, which only spent 5.7% of donations on charitable grants/ the rest went to salaries, compensation, employee benefits, fundraising expenses, and other expenses. But if the donors are ok with that-- who cares?

The IRS? There are surely restrictions on what a charitable foundation can do with it's money in order to qualify for tax relief/exemption. We will probably never know what they get up to because whenever a local uncorrupted FBI office tries to investigate them instructions come down from above to back off..

free thoughtpolice

Service Dog wrote: I'm curious-- regarding the 'We Build The Wall' arrests-- is there any actual donor who objects to how their donation was spent & wants those guys prosecuted?

Fake news
https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2 ... ces-faceb/

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Your fact-check appears to confirm every assertion in my link. Re-read both & see.

free thoughtpolice

No it doesn't, you reread it and see.
And 10.7% of the Clinton Foundation’s money goes toward administrative expenses, according to Charity Navigator. That proportion actually distinguishes the foundation from most other organizations.

Third, the Clinton Foundation did not spend $85 million "for their salaries and travel," as the Facebook post claims. The foundation’s audited financials show that it spent about $20 million on travel and $95 million on salaries and benefits in 2014. But not all the money allocated for salaries and travel in 2014 went to the group’s employees — the bulk of it went to program services. About $13 million fell under the "management/general" category. The Clintons themselves did not receive compensation from the foundation in 2014, according to the foundation’s 990 form.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: The IRS?

Reading the 24-page indictment https://www.documentcloud.org/documents ... ocument/p1 , I see…

- the emphasis is on the promises made in the name of We Build The Wall— to donors— being broken.
Nothing about the IRS not getting their proper cut.

-the vast majority of the money was raised in the early days of the GoFundMe, before Bannon or co-defendants were brought in.
The promises to the donors were initiated prior to the co-defendants joining the endeavor. The 501(c)4 didn’t exist yet.

-GoFundMe suspended the fundraising when the amount-raised exceeded $20 Million— demanding that Kolfage name a nonprofit entity to-which the funds would be directed. Thus the formation of the We Build The Wall 501(c)4.

-The headlines & indictment accuse Bannon of taking $1 Million & Kolfage taking $350,000. But that’s the same number counted twice.
Bannon is accused of taking the million— then paying Kolfage out of that million.

-The original crowdfunding said the money raised would be ‘given to the government’. (I think this was during the partisan govt shutdown. As I recall, there was no way to earmark the money— to be specifically used by the govt for wall-building). So then the plan changed— to ~privately~ building a section of the wall. And donors were given the opportunity to Opt-In & commit their money to Plan B/ or receive a refund. Those who requested refunds seem to have been given refunds.

-The payments to Kolfage were reported as being for ‘social media’. By Kolfage (and his wife?). The indictment claims Kolfage did no-such work, but I think that’s flimsy. He was the public face of We Build The Wall. Even participating in the pro-Trump Boat Parade strikes me as within the bounds of ‘social media’ work.

-In October 2019 the defendants were tipped-off by their financial institution that the feds were looking into their books. From then-on the laundered payments to Kolfage stopped & the public was openly told Kolfage would be paid for his efforts.

-page 17 “Statutory Allegations”: Wire fraud <—what does that refer-to? The money wired from crowdfunding donors? Or money shuffled from We Build The Wall to Kolfage thru veiled pathways? Or both?

-page 19, point 33. The entire crowdfunding campaign is described as ‘unlawful activity’ and ‘criminally derived’… so that the indictment can make it a crime to transfer funds from a criminal enterprise. That seems slightly off the mark to me. Crowdfunding isn’t a crime. If the defendants had kept their promises to donors— that wouldn’t have been ‘unlawful activity’, so is the crowdfunded money really ‘criminally derived’? It’s a stretch.

- forfeiture money being seized by the govt includes an account in the name of “White Knights and Vultures, LLC”. Lol.

-seems kinda weird that the govt is seizing a boat, a golf cart, a car… if these guys have other income & savings— how can the govt establish that donor money was spent on those specific items?

==

I'm guessing the govt is correct: $100,000 plus $20,00 per month was funneled to Kolfage via channels which disguised that he was being paid. The amount paid to him doesn't strike me as absurdly high-- except for his promise to donors to take no-such cut. I also bet some portion of that money-- which the govt describes as fraudulent-- really-was used for legit expenses.

I stand by my comparison to the Clinton Foundation. For example-- Clinton Foundation fundraising text-- touted certain work as being done by the Clinton Foundation. The work actually done by an unrelated non-profit. Donors were led to believe their money was going to drainage for some village in Africa, or whatever-- but money donated to the Clinton Foundation wasn't forwarded to that-other Clinton non-profit. According to the logic of the We Build The Wall indictment-- the entire Clinton Foundation was thus an international criminal enterprise.

free thoughtpolice

What are program expenses in a charity?
Program % reflects the percent of total expenses a charity spent on its programs in the year analyzed. For example, a Program % of 80% means that the charity spent 80% of its expenses on charitable programs. The remaining 20% was spent on overhead, which includes fundraising, and management & genera

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

free thoughtpolice wrote: No it doesn't, you reread it and see.
And 10.7% of the Clinton Foundation’s money goes toward administrative expenses, according to Charity Navigator. That proportion actually distinguishes the foundation from most other organizations.

Third, the Clinton Foundation did not spend $85 million "for their salaries and travel," as the Facebook post claims. The foundation’s audited financials show that it spent about $20 million on travel and $95 million on salaries and benefits in 2014. But not all the money allocated for salaries and travel in 2014 went to the group’s employees — the bulk of it went to program services. About $13 million fell under the "management/general" category. The Clintons themselves did not receive compensation from the foundation in 2014, according to the foundation’s 990 form.
Your link rebuts a Facebook post I've never seen and loose talk by Rush Limbaugh-- which differs from the claims made by my source.

Your link only confirms the claims in the Daily Caller article.

=
Do you think your Lincoln Project donations were spent as-promised?

free thoughtpolice

The facebook post, the Limbaugh claim, and the Daily Caller article are making basically the same claim about the 2014 activities of the Clinton Foundation.

Those claims were investigated and no wrongdoing was found:
https://www.nationalreview.com/news/jus ... es-report/
You just dug up some old, long ago disproven slander as a distraction from a current allegation and trying to pretend that my link doesn't say what it clearly says.
If you have any evidence that the Lincoln Project has been breaking the law let's see it. Or are you just trying to distract from your refusal to admit that you are wrong?

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
What are program expenses in a charity?
The vast majority of money spent by my wife's charity that DOES NOT go to the intended recipients goes to bank fees and some sort of insurance against being sued that the accountant insists must be bought. For the various programs being funded, donations to each are allocated:
Orphanage for AIDS-orphaned kids in Kenya: 100%
Providing an elementary school in the Masai Mara: 95%

This whole venture is small enough that it is entirely run by volunteers and has no actual employees. We are talking about 35k in regular donations and occasional windfalls from businesses that can be up to 30k. On average, admin expenses are about 5% of total donations. There does not seem to be a way of lessening that without leaving no one to run the damn thing. A bigger organisation that required paid employees would have to spend more on them. I can see that very small charities could have low admin costs, medium sized ones could require more admin costs, and perhaps the very biggest could reduce their admin costs through economies of scale. I'm a mere observer, not an expert.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

And there goes another quote fail. Damn you, FT, for the Edit button!

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

And just for fun, here's a screenshot of Rabbi Lord Jonathan Sacks in the House of Lords talking about anti-semitism. Do, please, look at who is asleep inn his purple waistcoat, and reflect upon what the purple waistcoat means - yes, he's an archbishop.

Screen Shot 2020-08-21 at 1.12.00 PM.jpg
(551.28 KiB) Downloaded 3461 times

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

free thoughtpolice wrote: The facebook post, the Limbaugh claim, and the Daily Caller article are making basically the same claim about the 2014 activities of the Clinton Foundation.
So then-- t e c h n i c a l l y you're wrong. But, as long as you're basically correct, then your fact-check is still valid, eh?

By that standard-- the Facebook & Rush Limbaugh claims about the Clinton Foundation were basically correct. And only deemed wrong by Politico applying a nit-picky standard.

And the We Build The Wall guys basically spent their donors' money the way they said they would.

“I did this kind of as a volunteer,” Bannon said.

Hey-- he only claimed to be kind of a volunteer. So he's in the clear!

=
If you have any evidence that the Lincoln Project has been breaking the law let's see it.

https://youtu.be/tNvuYPpX0C0?t=240

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

free thoughtpolice wrote: ... according to Charity Navigator...
Washington Post:
"Charity Navigator, the other leading group that rates charities, recently put the [Clinton] foundation on a “watch list” because of the negative press that has surrounded it. (That group has not issued a rating for the Clinton Foundation, saying the foundation’s structure is too complex to grade.)"
"But the former White House employee who made the most in the foundation’s heyday was probably Clinton himself. The ex-president didn’t take an official salary from the foundation. But he has received at least $26 million in speaking fees from companies and organizations that were major donors to his foundation. And in many cases, what Clinton got paid to speak about was, in part, the foundation."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... id=HP_more

free thoughtpolice

All three made the claim that 80% of the Clinton Foundation money went to administration, their numbers differed very slightly, hence "basically".
All three were disproven by the fact check that showed by charity investigators that administration costs were more like 20%, which is better than average for most charities. Then the Trump DOJ investigated the charity because of the rumors put out by Trump, his shills, and the gullible fools that swallow the Orangeutan's propaganda even after it is disproven. Trump's DOJ found no wrongdoing.
As for the Lincoln Project, let's see what the totals are for the extent of the campaign, and not just the start up and how that compares to other campaigns of the same sort. If it's proven they have been crooked, so be it. That still doesn't make Build the Wall or the Trump foundation innocent, nor does it make the Clinton Foundation guilty, but nice try to obscure the main point by tossing in that red herring.

free thoughtpolice

https://www.charitynavigator.org/index. ... orgid=6903

There is the rating for the Clinton foundation. Doesn't seem to click with the source you gave which is behind a paywall.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

free thoughtpolice wrote: All three made the claim that 80% of the Clinton Foundation money went to administration, their numbers differed very slightly, hence "basically".
nice try to obscure the main point by tossing in that red herring.
You accuse me of a red herring? I posted a Daily Caller article & you responded with a fact-check of a Facebook post and Rush Limbaugh talking.
All three were disproven by the fact check that showed by charity investigators that administration costs were more like 20%
Don't worry about 'all three'. Respond to the actual thing I posted. It says donations to the Clinton Foundation went up by $30 Milliion from 2013 to 2014-- but the amount of grants given went down 40%. According to your accounting-- administration costs are steady-- around 20%

If that's true, then the amount of grants given should have gone up, not down.

'But but but but but', say you, 'none of this matters-- because most of the Clinton Foundation's work is done in-house, not thru outside grants.'

The Federalist:
"Clinton Foundation defenders say the total amount of its charitable grants is irrelevant and argue that the bulk of the Clinton Foundation’s charitable work is done by salaried employees. A review of the organization’s tax filings and statements from its own executives about the group’s “commercial proposition,” however, suggests that this may not be the case.

The Clinton Foundation’s three largest charitable “program service accomplishments,” according to its tax reports, are the Clinton Global Initiative ($23.2 million), the Clinton Presidential Library ($12.3 million), and the Clinton Climate Initiative ($8.3 million). The Clinton Global Initiative, which exists to organize and produce a lavish annual meeting headlined by former president Bill Clinton, was characterized by the New York Times as a “glitzy annual gathering of chief executives, heads of state, and celebrities,” hardly a portrait of the kind of charitable work that directly impacts the lives of the needy.

Ira Magaziner, a top former Clinton Foundation executive, also explicitly rejected that the group’s climate change activities were charitable in nature. “This is not charity,” Magaziner told The Atlantic in 2007. “The whole thing is bankable. It’s a commercial proposition.”

In fact, the bulk of the charitable work lauded by the Clinton Foundation’s boosters — the distribution of drugs to impoverished people in developing countries — is no longer even performed by the Clinton Foundation. Those activities were spun off in 2010 and are now managed by the Clinton Health Access Initiative, a completely separate non-profit organization."

'But but but... the Trump admin investigated the Clinton Foundation and found Nothing Illegal.'

It's hilarious and pathetic that you hide behind what's technically legal-- in defending the Clinton Foundation and Lincoln Project.

More Federalist:
"The Clinton Foundation’s largest single charitable grant to an organization not founded by the Clinton Foundation or managed by one of its board members was a $700,000 check to the J/P Haitian Relief Organization, a non-profit founded by actor Sean Penn. That organization reportedly spent more than $126,000 on first-class flights for the actor. Other charitable grants from the Clinton Foundation included $200,000 for the Tiger Woods Foundation and $37,500 for the Sesame Workshop in New York City."

All perfectly legal. But not quite what's featured in the Clinton Foundation's fundraising promos.

Also legal: Clinton's two week Clinton Foundation trip to Africa with Kevin Spacey, Ghislaine Maxwell, and a sex trafficked masseuse in a 'flight crew' outfit-- aboard Jeffrey Epstein's "Lolita Express" jet-- with stops in Portugal because why not & Buckingham Palace-- to pose on the royal throne with Prince Andrew. All the same trip.

https://thefederalist.com/2016/09/16/cl ... ants-2014/

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Lsuoma wrote: Completely predictable. First of many.
holy shit...

free thoughtpolice

Hey Dog. How is it your post about the Charity Navigator rating of The Clinton Foundation was wrong? It directly contradicts what is on the Charity Navigator website. Could it be because this was from an article in Current Affairs from 2016 and since CharityNavigator has since given them a 100% transparency rating? Apparently they reviewed their concerns and dropped them.
Service Dog wrote
'But but but but but', say you, 'none of this matters-- because most of the Clinton Foundation's work is done in-house, not thru outside grants.'
Where did I say that?
About Magaziner's critique of the Clinton Foundation: I agree with him. He described Clinton taking along American businessmen during his travels to the various countries he was doing charitable work in and their activities were for their own benefit, not illegal but certainly questionable ethically.
All that travel expenses sounds bad, but fund raising often requires travel and shallow though it may be having "celebrities" make appearances draws donors. Likewise it seems a good idea that the heads of a foundation go in person to evaluate the projects.
It's good at least we can now agree that the Clinton Foundation did not operate illegally. If you were really paying attention you would also see that the claim that the Clinton Foundation swallowed 80% of the proceeds for administrative and salaries is provably false.
Funny we are even talking about the Clinton Foundation. As you have brought up the Lincoln project, if you want an example of clear charity malfeasance check out the Trump foundation:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_J. ... Foundation
There is some pretty sordid shit there.
At any rate Bannon and friends are alleged to have committed fraud, and they have a chance to prove or disprove those allegations.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

free thoughtpolice wrote: If you were really paying attention you would also see that the claim that the Clinton Foundation swallowed 80% of the proceeds for administrative and salaries is provably false.
I don't see that claim in any of my posts. Or in the sources I linked.

I only see you repeating it repeatedly, and then you declaring victory over your own strawman. Dreary, dull, lifeless, depressing.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Service Dog wrote:
holy shit...

Christ on a pogo stick!

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

What the Historical Jesus?!!

there's a musical version of The Dr. Richard Carrier PhD Story

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Service Dog wrote: What the Historical Jesus?!!

there's a musical version of The Dr. Richard Carrier PhD Story

ww.youtube.com/watch?v=DTsdKycVZZ4
I'd almost forgotten about the jizz-hobbit!

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

screwtape wrote: And just for fun, here's a screenshot of Rabbi Lord Jonathan Sacks in the House of Lords talking about anti-semitism. Do, please, look at who is asleep inn his purple waistcoat, and reflect upon what the purple waistcoat means - yes, he's an archbishop.

Screen Shot 2020-08-21 at 1.12.00 PM.jpg
With the number of church services, lectures and team meetings I've managed to sleep through I can't in good conscience criticise someone else for doing the same.

In any case - if Sacks put the higher primate to sleep, he's responsible for waking him back up too.

As Harry Harrison commented on his time in the army - when it comes to a good kip it's best not to let any opportunity go to waste. Or words to that effect.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Service Dog wrote:
holy shit...

Service Dog wrote:
holy shit...

I fuckin love it. This is going to be one hell of a fun campaign season.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

The set-up:

If you put Gilbert Gottfried's head on Iggy Pop's body-- including the attitude of both-- you get my friend MF.
His race is hard to guess. He was adopted Vietnam war refugee-- unknown US soldier was father. You'd never guess the vietnamese part, either.

MF selects all the models for a billion dollar cosmetics and fashion company. For years he llved in a Brooklyn apartment with a deli meat company's trucks loading out-front, a metal scrapyard out-back, and an upstairs neighbor who paces in high heels. He was constantly agitated.

He recently found a beautiful cheap sunny apartment for less money-- due to covid-exodus, or so he thought.

He moved to new place, he sat on his new balcony, & talked to new neighbor on neighbor's balcony. A white guy.
White guy invited MF to his apartment.

MF brought tequila and margarita mix.
White guy made middle-eastern snacks, and asked MF how the baba ganoush tasted.

The punchline:

"This tastes like a cab driver's armpit." said MF.

"You're racist!" bellowed the white guy.

Stupid bickering ensued. "Not all cab drivers are from those places!" "I know you aren't really racist..." (momentary pause) "...no, you really are! Get out!... wait, don't leave..." MF took his tequila & left. Neighbor knocked on door & left the margarita mix on doorstep. Then later left open bag of chips, without knocking.

Days later, MF heard the guy yelling in the hallway. The guy was yelling at other neighbors waiting for the elevator, for not wearing masks, at 2 a.m.

MF talked to a friend who used to live in the building-- she said the guy called her a racist, too. And seen him freak-out on the street. He often made her uncomfortable & was big part of why she moved-out. MF suspects neighbor is the reason his rent is so cheap.

Girlfriend visited MF & returned with many more stories. She was off to the side, during a Zoom meeting. MF asked the assembled vice-presidents & consultants-- whether people would be "over" Black Lives Matter by Christmas. Can he resume considering white models? Awkward silence. Later, some airhead asked if men want Body Positivity too... maybe we should use fat guys for underwear models? MF went ballistic over that.

There's also some election-themed tie-in. Attractive young people-- cast from the street-- in all the correct colors that Matter-- with shitty fast food jobs-- talking about the importance of voting. The models' instagram handles would be part of the ads. The corporate people poured over these regular-people's Instagram accounts, and grew concerned. This one has 666 as part of her name. That one is exhaling smoke & flashing a gang sign. MF unmuted himself to say "Have any of these people ever voted before?!! Have we heard any of them talk?! What do they sound like? Are they idiots!? Do they have anything to say about politics?!"

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Surprised the "Cuties" uproar hasn't made it to the 'pit.

Yet.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Cuties uproar?

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Lsuoma wrote: Cuties uproar?
Data burst in 3...2...1...

Netflix show, 11 year old girls, hyper-sexualized (according to the outrage mob), twerking, woman of colour writer/director, BAME women defend it, Netflix doubles down, outrage increasing, popcorn ahoy!

...end of transmission.

Sample of outrage (and boy, there's a fuck-ton to choose from!)...

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

PZ is sharing office emails from his Uni Prez so he can criticise his boss.

Seems like a winning strategy. In any non-tenured position he’d last nano seconds.

https://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula ... o-special/

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

Brive1987 wrote: PZ is sharing office emails from his Uni Prez so he can criticise his boss.

Seems like a winning strategy. In any non-tenured position he’d last nano seconds.

https://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula ... o-special/
Lol, bad form releasing uni emails?

Anyway, what's their plan...just have everything shut down until the end of time? One more year? Two? Five? ?? There has to be some reasonable in-between?

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

justinvacula wrote: Anyway, what's their plan...just have everything shut down until the end of time? One more year? Two? Five? ?? There has to be some reasonable in-between?
Furlough+

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Haw! The email mentions the lack of "consistent traffic in and out" of Morris Minnesota-- as a reason why they're at low risk compared to Duluth, Rochester, & Minneapolis.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

The four Atlantic Provinces (NB,NS,PEI and NL - not to be confused with 'The Maritimes' which are the first three only) are handling student returns a bit more methodically. Because the four provinces have low population density, high social cohesion, and politicians who demonstrated that they have common sense as well as a healthy level of self-interest, we have had very little coronavirus disease. 90% of my province's deaths occurred in an understaffed nursing home with residents who were in 2-4 person rooms. All we are seeing now is sporadic cases that are all travel-related. So the four provinces have formed a bubble, with travel allowed, but recorded, along with destinations, so that contact tracing can be done.
Students from outside the bubble have to arrive on campus and isolate in their single-occupancy dorm rooms for two weeks. Meals are delivered. They have to have three negative Covid-19 tests at the beginning, middle and end of isolation. Then bubble students arrive and classes start. Masks at all times, and free Covid-19 tests for staff and students at the slightest symptom.

Now some will say that's an over-reaction, and an infringement of liberty. But I expect we are more likely to keep our universities open, and for education to continue, than in certain other places. The one thing we are not getting right at the moment has led to several cases and we have failed to correct it so far - out of bubble travellers arriving inside it must isolate for two weeks. If they arrive by air, and then take a connecting flight to a smaller centre, they isolate after arrival there, having exposed everyone the tiny commuter plane. I don't know if it's stupidity or squeamishness about crossing Air Canada, but we have seen it happen and we haven't changed the rules.

BTW, it seems like the NIH is beginning to ask some pertinent questions. And since that is usually a paywall site, you might consider installing the BypassPaywalls extension in Firefox or Chromium-based browser from GitHub, which seems to work well.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Bhurzum wrote:
Data burst in 3...2...1...

Netflix show, 11 year old girls, hyper-sexualized (according to the outrage mob), twerking, woman of colour writer/director, BAME women defend it, Netflix doubles down, outrage increasing, popcorn ahoy!

...end of transmission.

Sample of outrage (and boy, there's a fuck-ton to choose from!)...

I like the response from Netflix support whether or not they support pedophilia:
netflix_cuties_religion.jpg
(67.39 KiB) Downloaded 2583 times

John D

Post by John D »

I hope there is spanking involved!

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

John D wrote:
"....and then the oral sex!"

http://cdn.skim.gs/images/waoxhiurothzj ... l-spanking

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

screwtape wrote:
[Atlantic provinces University opening rules]

...you might consider installing the BypassPaywalls extension in Firefox or Chromium-based browser from GitHub, which seems to work well.
I second the Bypass Paywalls advice. With that and uBlock Origin browsing the Internet is almost pleasant.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

screwtape wrote:
John D wrote:
Thanks, Zoot!

John D

Post by John D »

Lsuoma wrote:
screwtape wrote:
John D wrote:
Thanks, Zoot!
Naughty naughty Zoot!

John D

Post by John D »

We had a wedding at my house yesterday. It was quite an adventure with power failures and cancelled food reservations and lost flower reservations and lost decorations....etc...etc...etc... and it was 91 fucking degrees. My youngest daughter tied the knot.

Still... we all soldiered on and had a great time. We had about 25 people in the yard (don't tell Governor Whitmer). Good Mexican food (my daughter's favorite). I made white and red sangria. We stayed up late and enjoyed a fire as the temperature dropped. My kid was stunning if I do say so myself. She has a kind of 1940s figure and had an amazing dress.

Fun was had by all. No one talked politics. I really like my new son-in-law.

I am spending all day cleaning.... haha.
118359626_10158439775963286_2067296100191526407_o.jpg
(55.95 KiB) Downloaded 2802 times

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

John D wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
screwtape wrote:
John D wrote:
Thanks, Zoot!
Naughty naughty Zoot!
https://media1.tenor.com/images/30c1f41 ... /tenor.gif

Percentage

Post by Percentage »

I haven't looked too closely at the "Cuties" controversy, but one interesting thing I noted is that many of the headlines seem to imply or outright state that the "Christian right" are the ones up in arms about this. Is that actually true? Most of the people I've seen complaining about it are members of what you might call the Puritan left.

Again, I'm not here to litigate the movie itself - maybe it really is wildly inappropriate. (Certainly Netflix's poster was pretty creepy.) But the media seems to be uncomfortable admitting that many if not most of today's moralists aren't actually on the right, or even religious at all.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Percentage wrote: I haven't looked too closely at the "Cuties" controversy, but one interesting thing I noted is that many of the headlines seem to imply or outright state that the "Christian right" are the ones up in arms about this. Is that actually true? Most of the people I've seen complaining about it are members of what you might call the Puritan left.

Again, I'm not here to litigate the movie itself - maybe it really is wildly inappropriate. (Certainly Netflix's poster was pretty creepy.) But the media seems to be uncomfortable admitting that many if not most of today's moralists aren't actually on the right, or even religious at all.
I haven't seen it mentioned on any of the lefty blogs I check out. I've only heard of it because there's some conservative youtubers that I occasionally watch. It seems to coincide with Youtubers who also think QAnon is credible.