Keating wrote: Reminds me a joke from the USSR:

Two policemen were walking along the road. One turns to the other and says:
"What do you think of the government".
The other policeman thinks quickly and responds:
"The same as you, comrade!"
The first policemen replies,
"I'm sorry, I have to arrest you for sedition."
And for the days when history is rewritten:

"The past is changing so quickly I'm not at all sure what will happen yesterday."

In the meantime, enjoy a smile with Dominic Frisby (while it's still allowed!):

Matt Cavanaugh

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Hunt wrote: First and foremost the Gestapo operated with public approval
No, it was almost universally reviled.
They relied primarily on public denouncement.
No, on spies and informants, on wire taps and roving vans equipped with sensitive listening devices.

Those quibbles aside, our police are not at all like the Gestapo. For while some cops may be corrupt or abusive, we don't have entire forces dedicated to suppressing and punishing dissent. Such hyperbole debases the language, and simultaneously catastrophizes our current nagging woes while trivializing true totalitarianism.

The cop experience differs greatly by race. While we've never been a police state as compared to the fascist Gestapo police state, I can see how if you're a young black male it could seem similar.
For c. 6% of the population to commit half of all violent crimes, an overwhelming number of that segment must be lawless. So, yeah, the cops really are always coming into your hood, always busting you or your associates. Since lawlessness is the norm among them, it may seem egregious for the cops to always be interfering.

From the other side, the perps encountered by cops in cities on a daily basis are overwhelmingly black. It's only human nature -- animal heuristics, in fact -- to extrapolate that every black you encounter is likely a dangerous perp. That's unfortunate for the rare law-abiding young black man, but also to be expected.

"Cop culture" wasn't built in a day, but it's starting to look like it might be torn down that fast. Good riddance.
You've previously indicated that your understanding of US 'cop culture' is based on a handful of youtube videos, plus sensationalist yellow journalism. As someone who not only relies on LE for my personal safety, but who also is friends with active and retired LE, a rapid tearing down of the police is an alarming prospect for me.
[/quote]
There are good cops and bad cops. But bad cops can do so much damage and gain so much notoriety that it hardly matters.
When the leftist MSM and the internet mob fall into apoplexy over George Floyd, but ignore Tony Timpa or Justine Damond, when BLM and its Useful Idiots decry the "genocide" of 9 unarmed blacks killed by police last year (only two of whom were not in the midst of committing a crime) out of c. 15 million total police interactions, and poorly informed people like yourself heap condemnation from afar, then, yeah, facts and reason don't matter at all.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Service Dog wrote:… the police sent to that Wendy's parking lot come armed with legal powers befitting a dictatorship ruling-over serfs-with-no-rights….

… the citizen's right to fight back right-here-right-now against the fangs which are biting us.
A society allocates the use of force to its police to enforce its laws. In exchange, the citizenry foregoes that role -- which is why civilians with shotguns chasing down suspected wrongdoers is no bueno. The flip side of the equation is, the citizenry acquiesces to complying with the police, and most definitely not forcibly resist. This is a social contract we all tacitly enter into, without which we'd be subjected to bellum omnium contra omnes.

So, if you don't like a law or a policy, persuade your fellow citizens to change it. But not liking a law gives no one the right to simply ignore it, much less violently resist it. That can only lead to anarchy.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: That can only lead to anarchy.
You're putting the burden of anarchy on the citizen-- who is merely Reacting To the state's prior embrace of anarchistic abuse of authority.

Remember Trump's complaint about Mexico?... "They aren't sending us their best".

Well, when there's an UPPER LIMIT placed on the IQ of applicants to be police officers... "They aren't sending us their best". No thanks!

ACAM -- All Cops Are Morons!

http://www.freedomsphoenix.com/Uploads/ ... artoon.jpg

Robert Jordan v. City of New London:
Abstract
Robert Jordan was a 46-year-old Caucasian who applied for a position as a police officer in New London, Connecticut. As part of the application process, Jordan completed a battery of tests that included the Wonderlic Personnel Test, a test of general cognitive ability. When Jordan later inquired about the status of his application, he was told that he had been eliminated from the applicant pool because of his score on the intelligence test - he had scored too high and was judged to be unacceptable for a job as a police patrol officer. Jordan filed a lawsuit against the city, claiming that its employment decision violated his constitutional right to equal protection under the law. [JORDAN LOST THE CASE!]

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Cyril, our president, might like to consider the effect of his whitey demonising on our citizenry if he is inclined to bother about such things, but then I think the effect is probably exactly what he intends.
http://reallysa.co.za/2020/06/15/four-p ... aneen-cbd/

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Driftless wrote:
MarcusAu wrote: What is the easiest way to cook an egg - with the least amount of fuss and cleaning up?

And is there a gadget to to it?

Yes, I'm pre-emptively ruling out a micro-wave.

I suppose it might come down to a pot of boiling water.
If you are talking hard boiled, then something like this. They are cheap and they work fairly well:

https://bydash.com/products/rapid-egg-cooker

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0173/ ... 1588278572
I just ordered this one the Elite Cuisine EGC-007B Maxi-Matic Egg Poacher & Egg Cooker with 7 Egg Capacity, Black

Thanks.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Service Dog wrote:
justinvacula wrote: ...Ophelia saying, "People who ejaculate don't get to tell women what we can call ourselves."...
http://www.GrannyCinema.com/en/search/squirter/

:cdc:
https://cdn.mos.cms.futurecdn.net/hpLnW ... n5gE99.jpg

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

Secular Student Alliance is live now with their 'Combating Secular Male Supremacism'

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Battlestar Galactica Season 2, Episode 13: President Rosiland's health falters. Awash in flashbacks, she remembers the previous president trying to re-open schools-- interfered-with by strikes, protests, violence. A wave of terrorist acts of sabotage against the Battlestar military is enacted by a leaderless mob of Cylon sympathizers-- who claim to follow an idea/ not an organization. Their flag is red & black. The military is poised to strike back, but risks losing civilian support. A cylon-human hybrid fetus is ordered to be aborted, but its genetic material is harvested to cure the presidents' cancer. The pro-life vice president has religious visions.

John D

Post by John D »

The missus is now explaining that she is fully suicidal. This is about the 100th time she has explained this to me over our relationship together. This time it is because I can't get along with my little-bitch of a daughter.... my fault that she can't get out of bed and can't eat.

So... pretty much they are all playing emotional blackmail with me. This often happens when I assert myself as a free-thinking person.

I can't even get them to understand why equality-of-outcome policies are bad and equality-of-opportunity ideas are good. Their eyes glass over. They are all like.... "Well, why can't we meet in the middle and why can't we sympathize for how everyone feels?" Yeah fine.... I am just a mean bastard.

There is no middle right now. Let it burn.

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

Here's a piece from today's SSA presenter, wow...

https://thehumanist.com/features/interv ... uULK4bXasM

Exposing and Challenging Male Supremacism: An Interview with Alex DiBranco

"In my years working in the secular movement, for various organizations and in different capacities, I’ve often been surprised by the sometimes-flippant dismissal of the misogyny I still see present in our world. How, I’ve wondered, can people who are so deeply committed to justice and equity for nontheists fail to recognize the ever-present patriarchal conventions by which we operate? In my tenure on the board of the Secular Student Alliance, I was lucky enough to work with Alex DiBranco, a researcher studying these issues. Last month, DiBranco launched her latest project: the Institute for Research on Male Supremacism (IRMS). I caught up with her recently to discuss these complex and omnipresent topics."

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

[*]
Service Dog wrote: Well, when there's an UPPER LIMIT placed on the IQ of applicants to be police officers... "They aren't sending us their best". No thanks!
==
New London police interviewed only candidates who scored 20 to 27, on the theory that those who scored too high could get bored with police work and leave soon after undergoing costly training.
https://cases.lawi.us/jordan-v-city-of-new-london/

That's likely a cover story to help the PD avoid running foul of Griggs v. Duke Power (1971). Under that ruling's concept of "Adverse Impact", any hiring practice, especially an intelligence or aptitude test, that results in non-proportional hires by race, is de facto racist. An alternate approach to New London's would be to lower the bar at the low end, as the Cincinnati PD, for example, does by making 62% a passing grade on its entrance exam.

Having more intelligent cops would absolutely greatly reduce the number of interactions gone bad. But calls for greater 'diversity' (read: 'more blacks') -- predicated on the canard of systemic racism -- will take precedence. And, since the median IQ among blacks is 85, that diversity cannot be achieved while also recruiting smarter candidates. Just the opposite.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

MarcusAu wrote: What is the easiest way to cook an egg - with the least amount of fuss and cleaning up?

A wok or sauce pan, a little oil. Buy the egg already beaten and liquefied. Have 2 chopsticks at the ready.

free thoughtpolice

If you are a non ovariavore but still like protein this recipe may appeal to you. A bit of work thougth.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

RDFRS/ CfI promoting an online course,
Teaching Biology with Social Justice in Mind

In many situations, separation of the influence of nature and nurture is difficult, if not impossible. However, this is not the case with respect to the division of humans into racial categories. Skin color, which has always been the primary marker of human difference, is now understood to be the product of natural selection under geographically different levels of ultraviolet radiation. Genomic studies have established, beyond doubt, that humans do not biologically differ according to the artificial categories that are called “races.” Yet despite this, racism that is rooted in fallacious, erroneous assumptions of real difference continues to be a destructive misconception held by many people. It is high time that our science lessons assume social responsibility and provide our students with the current scientific information demonstrating how “race” is a cultural but not a valid biological concept.

Dr. Leslie S Jones is an associate professor of biology and science education at Valdosta State University in Georgia. Her biological research was in equine reproductive physiology before she became interested in the ways social issues impact science education. She has worked extensively on addressing the evolution/creationism controversy as well as the development of antiracist approaches to biological science. She includes antiracist lessons in every biology course she teaches. As a teacher educator, she wants the students in her education content classes to understand and be prepared to handle the racism they will see in schools.
https://www.crowdcast.io/e/teaching-bio ... h/register

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Dawkins in The Ancestor's Tale:
It is genuinely true that, if you measure the total variation in the human species and then partition it into a between-race component and a within-race component, the between-race component is a very small fraction of the total. Most of the variation among humans can be found within races as well as between them. Only a small admixture of extra variation distinguishes races from each other. That is all correct. What is not correct is the inference that race is therefore a meaningless concept. This point has been clearly made by the distinguished Cambridge geneticist A. W. F. Edwards in a recent paper called ‘Human genetic diversity: Lewontin’s fallacy’. R. C. Lewontin is an equally distinguished Cambridge (Mass.) geneticist, known for the strength of his political convictions and his weakness for dragging them into science at every possible opportunity. Lewontin’s view of race has become near-universal orthodoxy in scientific circles. He wrote, in a famous paper of 1972:

‘It is clear that our perception of relatively large differences between human races and subgroups, as compared to the variation within these groups, is indeed a biased perception and that, based on randomly chosen genetic differences, human races and populations are remarkably similar to each other, with the largest part by far of human variation being accounted for by the differences between individuals.’

This is, of course, exactly the point I accepted above, not surprisingly since what I wrote was largely based on Lewontin. But see how Lewontin goes on:

‘Human racial classification is of no social value and is positively destructive of social and human relations. Since such racial classification is now seen to be of virtually no genetic or taxonomic significance either, no justification can be offered for its continuance.’

We can all happily aggree that human racial classification is of no social value and is positively destructive of social and human relations. That is one reason why I object to ticking boxes in forms and why I object to positive discrimination in job selection. But that doesn’t mean that race is of ‘virutally no genetic or taxonomic significance’. This is Edwards’s point, and he reasons as follows. However small the racial partition of the total variation may be, if such racial characteristics as there are are highly correlated with other racial characteristics, they are by definition informative, and therefore of taxonomic significance.

Informative mean something quite precise. An informative statement is one that tells you something you didn’t know before. The information content of a statement is measured as reduction in prior uncertainly. Reduction in prior uncertainty, in turn, is measured as a change in probabilities…. If I tell you Evelyn is male, you immediately know a whole lot of things about him. Your prior uncertainty about the shape of his genitals is reduced (though not obliterated). You now know facts you didn’t know before about his chromosomes, his hormones and other aspects of his biochemistry, and there is a quantitative reduction in your prior uncertainty about the depth of his voice, and the distribution of his facial hair and of his body fat and musculature….

Now to the question of race. What if I tell you Suzy is Chinese, how much is your prior uncertainty reduced? You now are pretty certain that her hair is straight and black (or was black), that her eyes have an epicanthic fold, and one or two other things about her. If I tell you Colin is ‘black’ this does not, as we have seen, tell you he is black. [he might be mixed race.-h.chick] Nevertheless, it is clearly not uninformative. The high inter-observer correlation suggests that there is a constellation of characteristics that most people recognise, such that the statement ‘Colin is black’ really does reduce prior uncertaintly about Colin. It works the other way around to some extent. If I tell you Carl is an Olympic sprinting champion, your prior uncertainty about his ‘race’ is, as a matter of statistical fact, reduced. Indeed, you can have a fairly confident bet that he is ‘black’.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Hunt wrote: ↑
First and foremost the Gestapo operated with public approval
No, it was almost universally reviled.
They relied primarily on public denouncement.
No, on spies and informants, on wire taps and roving vans equipped with sensitive listening devices.
Well, not according to a documentary I saw, which of course I can't find. Granted that's not exactly primary research. They had only a few officers per town. They relied on "if you see something, say something" -ish doctrine. Or rather, people who detested their neighbors and wanted to get rid of them.

Or not. You probably know more than I do.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: You've previously indicated that your understanding of US 'cop culture' is based on a handful of youtube videos, plus sensationalist yellow journalism. As someone who not only relies on LE for my personal safety, but who also is friends with active and retired LE, a rapid tearing down of the police is an alarming prospect for me.
"Cop culture" doesn't equate with "the police". A minimal definition would be the fraternal us v. them entitled attitude that they're warrior defending a thin blue line between civilization and crime, that the general populace are sheep that need to be defended and that the methods for doing so give them broad latitude for questionable behavior. Unfortunately a large number of people fall for it and agree.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: When the leftist MSM and the internet mob fall into apoplexy over George Floyd, but ignore Tony Timpa or Justine Damond, when BLM and its Useful Idiots decry the "genocide" of 9 unarmed blacks killed by police last year (only two of whom were not in the midst of committing a crime) out of c. 15 million total police interactions, and poorly informed people like yourself heap condemnation from afar, then, yeah, facts and reason don't matter at all.
Is this supposed to be an argument against changing cop culture? General contempt for the public, pretentious inflation of their own status, giving themselves the delusion that they're untouchable, is part and parcel with it. I don't see where you're going here. If they're just as bad to whites, then it means they're even-handed?

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

Hey -- you try walking downhill with 3" lifts.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Not sure if anyone is interested. But since when did that stop me?

On April 26 2019 I started a diet and then exercise experiment. After some tweaking the basic components are:

+ low carb <80 grams a day and a target of <20 grams
+ with one exception, no calories from liquid
+ no eating between 9:30pm at night and 2:30pm the next day. Exceptions: coffee + almond milk & blob of coconut oil
+ aim for around 7000 kJ a day
+ brisk walk of between 4.5 and 8 km a day
+ 60 legit pushups a day in 3x 20 sets
+ no ultra processed food and maybe 1x beer a fortnight at an ‘event’

Food consists of:
Beef, pork, lamb, chicken, salmon, limited bacon
Eggs
Hard cheese
Smoked salmon
Lemon juice
Walnuts
Unsweetened almond milk
Spices
Limited berries
Limited 90% chocolate
Olive oil based mayo
Cooking oils: butter and lard
Water

The one exception to the drink rule is every three nights or so I’ll have a smoothie made of:
Almond milk + full cream milk
50 grams banana (Ie about half)
3 large strawberries (60 grams)
20 grams raspberries
Coconut oil
Unsweetened coconut flakes
Splash vanilla essence
Chocolate grating
Cinnamon

In general it’s fair to say I’ve been fairly obsessive around my overall approach.

——————————-

The upshot is that I’ve lost around 18kg and got a BMI of just shy of 25. My waist measurement is in a healthy range.

I’ve seemed to have stalled out at 70.x kg having got to 69.4 before the exercise kicked up a notch simultaneous with lockdown.

I’m happy to DM before and after pics to any regulars who are interested.

My approach is something I describe as “carnivore adjacent” No vegetables of note and limited fiber. There is a whole argument around this. Your blood carries 4 grams of glucose. Your liver stores 100 grams. I really don’t see why you’d want to shock insulin with mega doses of carb when your body can produce all the glucose it needs from protein and can burn fat (keto). Plus we all carry a store of energy around with us as fat. How much more instant energy do we need?

Then there’s the whole “plant paradox” argument around lectins and other anti nutrients blah blah blah.

I’m now looking at the P:E diet and may start to re-examine my fats.

Ok. Here is the rub.

I got my blood tests done a couple of days ago. I am what’s called a hyper responder.

The good news: my Triglycerides are low. My good (HDL) cholesterol is high. My good cholesterol to total cholesterol ratio is pleasing. My fasting blood sugar is good. My three month average blood sugar is mid range and therefore OK. All these indices were trending up before this exercise towards metabolic syndrome.

But my total cholesterol is extreme due to high LDL.

Now the current lipid argument says that in isolation high total cholesterol is meaningless unless underlined by high blood fat, sugar or low HDL. But hmmmm.

These are my markers. And below is input from a cholesterol website. Interesting stuff. It’s good I got a blood test immediately before starting the program in April 2019.

My plan is to continue. I’ve never felt so good and the retreat from T2D is good.

But I will get a calcium score. If that’s high then I may listen to statin talk. But if it’s ok then my thinking is to power on.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Well... all this shit just got a bit more personal...

I heard something about a statue & a shooting in New Mexico, but didn't pay attention until this Matt Christiansen video:

The statue depicts this guy:
for the 1599 Acoma Massacre. Following a dispute that led to the death of thirteen Spaniards at the hands of the Ácoma, including Oñate's nephew, Juan de Zaldívar, Oñate ordered a brutal retaliation against Acoma Pueblo. The Pueblo was destroyed.[2] Around 800–1000 Ácoma were killed.[3]

Of the 500 or so survivors, at a trial at Ohkay Owingeh, Oñate sentenced most to twenty years of forced "personal servitude" and additionally mandated that all men over the age of twenty-five have a foot cut off.[3] He was eventually banished from New Mexico and exiled from Mexico City for five years, convicted by the Spanish government of using "excessive force" against the Acoma people.[2] -wikipedia
Ohkay Owingeh is an Indian pueblo. I'm descended from there-- and the 500 men whose feet were cut off.

Oñate's wave of conquistadors was driven-out in Popé's Rebellion. A couple decades later leader the next wave of Spaniards arrived-- those settlers were kinder-and-gentler, but when they arrived-- the Indians were already weakened by years of drought & disease. That wave included a million acres of land granted by Spain to my great-great-great-great-great-great grandfather. A claim taken-away when the US encompassed New Mexico, thanks to a shady deal by the Governor of Colorado. Individual property-- around Los Alamos-- was also later taken for use by the Manhattan Project.

The blue shirt guy's last name is "Baca". Presumably related to Elfego Baca-- a wild west folk hero who, at age 19, mail-ordered guns and a badge & appointed himself to 'arrest' a crew of drunken cowboys who were shooting guns . Which led to a stand-off and gun battle and seige on an adobe shed containing Baca... lasting 33 hours... with over 3,000 rounds of ammo fired at Baca The shed was dynamited with Baca inside. Baca was unscathed. With 12 bullets, Baca shot 12 cowboys, killing 4. More than 40 cowboys surrendered to Baca & he followed them, guns drawn, in a horseback procession to Santa Fe, turning them in to the US Marshall. Baca became a county sherriff, a US Marshall, mayor, defense attorney, and district attorney. In the 1950s & 60's 'Wonderful World Of Disney' made a series of episodes about Baca, starring Robert Loggia. They're pretty fun. I knew Baca's nephew, when the nephew was in his 90's. He lived in an adobe and worked in his sandy yard daily with a pick and shovel, building a stairway and sidewalk. He was an engineer-- he spent evenings drawing designs for a flywheel to power a car & described at length the population growth of Albuquerque vs. the supply of fresh water. Good link about Elfego Baca: https://www.legendsofamerica.com/we-elfegobaca/

I don't support the mob tearing the statue down. I'm almost-certainly related to people in that mob. In 1998-- one foot was sawed-off a statue of Oñate. I like that better-- makes the point artfully. I'm sympathetic to blue-shirt-Baca. He reminds me of Elfego.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Brive1987 wrote: Not sure if anyone is interested. But since when did that stop me?
Why not copy Jordan Peterson's diet consisting of nothing but porterhouse steaks washed down with a glass of his own bile?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Hunt wrote: "Cop culture" doesn't equate with "the police". A minimal definition would be the fraternal us v. them entitled attitude that they're warrior defending a thin blue line between civilization and crime, that the general populace are sheep that need to be defended and that the methods for doing so give them broad latitude for questionable behavior. Unfortunately a large number of people fall for it and agree.

---

Is this supposed to be an argument against changing cop culture? General contempt for the public, pretentious inflation of their own status, giving themselves the delusion that they're untouchable, is part and parcel with it. I don't see where you're going here. If they're just as bad to whites, then it means they're even-handed?
I provided examples, of poor policing affecting whites that received little or no attention, as evidence that 'systemic racism' among the police is a canard whipped up by emotional reaction to cherry-picked incidents. If we can agree that neither are Police dept's systemically racist, nor are LEOs predominantly racist individuals, then we can move on to your assertion -- if I understand it correctly -- that a prevailing "cop culture" of brutality exists, of such severity it requires aggressive and sweeping overhaul of our law enforcement structure. NB: I grant the existence of a minority of LEOs harboring the mentality you describe, as does a reflexive, close-the-ranks behavior to some extent.

Once again, I will ask for data, not cherry-picked, sensationalized anecdotes, in support of your assertion.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Covid forces SSA to hold a virtual graduation ceremony. Seduction of young college girls put on hold.

SSA_grad.png
(53.77 KiB) Downloaded 516 times

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Brive, how about you look at the Framingham risk score and stop there? Were I your doc I'd be congratulating you and telling you to carry on. Of course, you're going to die anyway, but in the meantime you can force down all the same old diet and know that you'll last a month or two longer.

Keep it up, boyo; you're doing great!

And for the hated white males, here's an example of the YouTube algorithm getting something right:

I do like the nod to Dylan's Subterranean Homesick Blues.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Brive1987 wrote:
Keating wrote: That does not seem like a link I want to click
No escaping the horror

It's diseased. George Floyd was a fucking career criminal. They decide to honour him, HIM, the person who once threatened a pregnant woman by pointing a gun at her stomach, but not the retired police captain, David Dorn, who WAS murdered as retaliation after days of race baiting and race hustling by the media?

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
When the leftist MSM and the internet mob fall into apoplexy over George Floyd, but ignore Tony Timpa or Justine Damond, when BLM and its Useful Idiots decry the "genocide" of 9 unarmed blacks killed by police last year (only two of whom were not in the midst of committing a crime) out of c. 15 million total police interactions, and poorly informed people like yourself heap condemnation from afar, then, yeah, facts and reason don't matter at all.
I knew about Justine Damond, but I had no idea about Tony Timpa. That just blatantly shows the double standard. And you can tell the parallels as well, both being related to drugs. Floyd was on fentanyl and meth at the time of his arrest, while Timpa was high on cocaine and was suffering from withdrawals after not taking his schizophrenia medicine. Either could have contributed to difficulties breathing while being pinned down. Floyd didn't even axphyxiate like his brother said he did, he had a heart attack. I've watched the development of the George Floyd case, the BLM protests and people's reaction to it with my mouth mostly agape in disbelief. It's clowns all the way down, apparently.

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Covid forces SSA to hold a virtual graduation ceremony. Seduction of young college girls put on hold.

SSA_grad.png
Steve Thomas in the comments: "The speech got me wondering: has CFI yet had anything to say about or have any position at all on what's now being described as a new, "secular religion" by many atheists today? I mean the postmodern, progressive leftist one that uses so many of traditional religions' tactics to keep itself alive, prospering and winning new converts, is entirely about political power and has succeeded in injecting itself into government and other civil institutions the way that, thanks to the Constitution, no traditionally organized, 'named' religion would possibly ever be allowed to?"

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Nancy Pelosi will do ANYTHING for Black Lives Matter... as long as ANYTHING = a useless, humiliating, empty symbolic gesture.

Now let's demand that Pelosi wear a kente-cloth covid mask, with a 'Thoughts & Prayers' bone thru her nose, and a chocolate-brown ribbon-- festooned with instersectional Trans+ rainbow ribbons, of course.

by Donna Karan.

free thoughtpolice

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: Not sure if anyone is interested. But since when did that stop me?
Why not copy Jordan Peterson's diet consisting of nothing but porterhouse steaks washed down with a glass of his own bile?
The porterhouse gambit has me tempted. But strangely enough, and within my boundaries, I like variety.

And pig.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

screwtape wrote: Brive, how about you look at the Framingham risk score and stop there? Were I your doc I'd be congratulating you and telling you to carry on. Of course, you're going to die anyway, but in the meantime you can force down all the same old diet and know that you'll last a month or two longer.

Keep it up, boyo; you're doing great!
Cool, thanks. As I’ve mentioned before, it’s less the 2months of life I’m interested in. More so the journey, hopefully unmarked by the trophy’s of metabolic syndrome.

I’ve yet to hear from my primary prac. But no immediate call for statins on a T-chol of 329 / 8.5?

That’s promising. In the not long ago past, I imagine I’d be walking out with a pharmacy in a bag ;)

ThreeFlangedJavis

Pitchguest wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:50 pm
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
I knew about Justine Damond, but I had no idea about Tony Timpa. That just blatantly shows the double standard. And you can tell the parallels as well, both being related to drugs. Floyd was on fentanyl and meth at the time of his arrest, while Timpa was high on cocaine and was suffering from withdrawals after not taking his schizophrenia medicine. Either could have contributed to difficulties breathing while being pinned down. Floyd didn't even axphyxiate like his brother said he did, he had a heart attack. I've watched the development of the George Floyd case, the BLM protests and people's reaction to it with my mouth mostly agape in disbelief. It's clowns all the way down, apparently.
To be fair, Chauvin deserves what's probably going to happen to him. The irony of it all is that he was let back onto the streets by one Amy Klobuchar who refused to prosecute when Chauvin and friends turned a car into a colander. What disgusts me most about the current posturing is the hypocrisy and cynicism of the media and politicians, especially the Dems. Whatever racial problems there are with the system were there when Biden and Obama were in office and seemed to have survived them just fine. Now suddenly the system is so broken that only an evil white supremacist wouldn't support tearing down the country to fix it. The Democrats will now seemingly support any lunacy, no matter how damaging to their country, in their crazed vendetta against Trump. Biden would have sunk to a new low, if the bar hadn't already been removed altogether, when he spewed out that garbage about Trump refusing to step down if he lost the election. We know which faction refuses to accept election results and resorts to violence.

It's the duty of the government to restore control over Seattle immediately. The property/business owners in the CHOP playpen have a right to the protection of their property and lives by the state. Letting the perpetrators run out of steam is irresponsible given the damage they could do in the meantime. I fear that the longer the hissy fit goes on without consequence, the more it is going to reset perceptions of what is acceptable and erode faith in the stability of the nation.

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Pitchguest wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:50 pm
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
To be fair, Chauvin deserves what's probably going to happen to him. The irony of it all is that he was let back onto the streets by one Amy Klobuchar who refused to prosecute when Chauvin and friends turned a car into a colander. What disgusts me most about the current posturing is the hypocrisy and cynicism of the media and politicians, especially the Dems. Whatever racial problems there are with the system were there when Biden and Obama were in office and seemed to have survived them just fine. Now suddenly the system is so broken that only an evil white supremacist wouldn't support tearing down the country to fix it. The Democrats will now seemingly support any lunacy, no matter how damaging to their country, in their crazed vendetta against Trump. Biden would have sunk to a new low, if the bar hadn't already been removed altogether, when he spewed out that garbage about Trump refusing to step down if he lost the election. We know which faction refuses to accept election results and resorts to violence.

It's the duty of the government to restore control over Seattle immediately. The property/business owners in the CHOP playpen have a right to the protection of their property and lives by the state. Letting the perpetrators run out of steam is irresponsible given the damage they could do in the meantime. I fear that the longer the hissy fit goes on without consequence, the more it is going to reset perceptions of what is acceptable and erode faith in the stability of the nation.
My thoughts on this whole thing have been where were all of these mayors and police chiefs for the last 10 years? Looks to me like they saw a parade and ran to the front of it.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

In a nutshell.

The driving force of the narrative that society is now dancing to.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Rumors of police walk out in Atlanta following murder charges against the Wendy's shooting cop:

https://decaturish.com/2020/06/atlanta- ... rd-brooks/

This is all going to hell fast.

Mayor Bottoms may well be Biden's running mate. If so, the election is about cops vs. thugs, with a heavy dose of White Guilt.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Driftless wrote: My thoughts on this whole thing have been where were all of these mayors and police chiefs for the last 10 years? Looks to me like they saw a parade and ran to the front of it.

Hey now! #NotAllPoliceChiefs Look at Chicago's Superintendent Eddie Johnson-- months before that drunk black dude fell asleep in the Wendy's drive-thru...

Eddie fell asleep while driving drunk at a stop sign. The admirable Chicago police responded. They didn't shoot him. They didn't give him a DUI. They didn't breathalyzer him. They let him drive home. The black lady mayor said he was a grown-man & entitled to have a few drinks. If only those dum-dums in Atlanta could be more like Chicago! Then that other drunk black guy could still be behind the wheel today!

https://www.fox32chicago.com/video/616083

=

I had a meandering phone conversation today with a carpenter friend/co-worker... this guy "BJ". I said-- if someone physically attacks you-- and you've got a gun-- shooting them dead is self-defense. BJ responded that this was preposterous. His way of speaking-- blurred together whether it was [morally] wrong to shoot someone who punches you... with whether it was [factually] wrong that shooting the person would be legally considered self-defense. I asked if the 92-year old woman-- knocked over by that black guy-- could draw a gun and shoot him as she fell-- and he said 'no'. If the guy wasn't Trying To murder her-- 'just' knock her down-- then she would be using 'excessive force'.
Yet BJ was sympathetic to the repair-garage owners in Seattle-- who pulled a gun when the mob pushed-thru their gate. Why?-- because BJ has lived in Seattle so he's sure those 'weren't protesters' but crazy dangerous homeless people. He also felt Breonna Taylor's boyfriend was justified in shooting at the cops who bashed down her door (even-tho the cops weren't trying to kill her & him.) BJ looks like Eddie Vedder and has generic good-guy NPR opinions about everything-- and is generally regarded as more thoughtful & reputable than me. But he's a fuckin perfectly-normal good fine decent respectable dangerous idiot. A twist: girls always nodded-along with stuff he said over an afternoon beer... and would treat me like a dirtbag. But he had a really hard time getting them to sleep with him-- and they'd let me screw 'em no prob. I suspect they knew BJ's opinions are the 'correct' ones, but they sense they don't add up. I'm really-not exaggerating-- his ideas are like listening to an out of touch old lady. Except I read quotes from that 92 year old lady-- and she has way more sense than BJ.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: To be fair, Chauvin deserves what's probably going to happen to him. The irony of it all is that he was let back onto the streets by one Amy Klobuchar who refused to prosecute when Chauvin and friends turned a car into a colander.
That's false. Chauvin's, et al. case -- shooting a crazed dude in the midst of stabbing people* -- went to a grand jury. Klobuchar had already left her County Attorney position to serve in the US Senate by the time the grand jury -- perhaps because they shot a crazed dude in the midst of stabbing people -- declined to indict.

False, but juicy enough to derail her inside track to the VP slot in favor of some negress or the other. Who will undoubtedly 'motivate the base' of petulant blacks and negrophilic lefty whites, but just as assuredly piss the hell out of blue collar whites sick and tired of being labeled racist, privileged deplorables.

* Even a dirty cop gets a Justified right once in a while.

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

...and as expected, now Dungeons and Dragons is problematic. Didn't take too long after Magic: The Gathering ...

https://dnd.wizards.com/articles/featur ... ty-and-dnd
"Dungeons & Dragons teaches that diversity is strength, for only a diverse group of adventurers can overcome the many challenges a D&D story presents. In that spirit, making D&D as welcoming and inclusive as possible has moved to the forefront of our priorities over the last six years.
When I think about a diverse group of adventurers, I don't think about race, skin, color, or 'inclusion.' Instead, it's different abilities and roles which make for a good/balanced party. Since early editions of the game, there is talk about having party members fill different roles like damage dealer, support, control, melee, arcane caster, ranged...this isn't 'inclusion.' Having a diverse party has nothing to do with making the game 'welcoming' and 'inclusive' like they're talking about.
"Throughout the 50-year history of D&D, some of the peoples in the game—orcs and drow being two of the prime examples—have been characterized as monstrous and evil, using descriptions that are painfully reminiscent of how real-world ethnic groups have been and continue to be denigrated. That’s just not right, and it’s not something we believe in."
D&D has always had a system of alignment - some are good, evil, chaotic, lawful. Some races have trends like orcs: barbaric, nomadic, brutish. Drow are usually evil, live underground, murderous, secretive. Many campaigns deal with fighting against them, heroes, usually good, battle evil. That's quite standard...and there are often shades of gray and even iconic good drow.

All fantasy has parallels with real-life...and guess what, there is good and evil in all races even if a particular D&D race is mostly evil or mostly good. What's the problem here? Shall we have no villains in a game? Should every race be good? Should we remove evil from the game? Dark elves, black elves, oh no! I don't know what they're talking about here when they mention that some terms describing drow or orcs are denigrating and this compares to real life ethnic groups.
"We present orcs and drow in a new light in two of our most recent books, Eberron: Rising from the Last War and Explorer's Guide to Wildemount. In those books, orcs and drow are just as morally and culturally complex as other peoples."
There's always been complexity. Not all drow are evil. Not all orcs are evil. Especially in v3.5, alignment is presented as a continuum. There is/was mention that most tend to be a certain alignment, but of course this isn't always the case. Orcs and drow and even half-orcs are player characters, too, not always evil.
When every D&D book is reprinted, we have an opportunity to correct errors that we or the broader D&D community discovered in that book. Each year, we use those opportunities to fix a variety of things, including errors in judgment. In recent reprintings of Tomb of Annihilation and Curse of Strahd, for example, we changed text that was racially insensitive.
I looked for what they think is racially insensitive. I found a quote:

“Pozzanna’s family was originally from Amn, but she was born and raised in Chult. As a result, her personality and demeanor exhibit those dual influences: the civilized calculation of an Amnite mixed with the wild savagery of a Chultan.”

What's racially insensitive about this? If a race happens to be savage, well, isn't that a fact, why is this racially insensitive? Why think of savage as negative anyway? Orcs see savagery as a boon, they are strong, they can use strength to overcome enemies. What, is the word 'warlike' or 'violent' PC enough? Going back to orcs, yes, orcs typically live in tribal structures, engage in lots of violence, and fight with outsiders rather than parlay. Why would thinking of orcs as violent be racially insensitive?
"Later this year, we will release a product (not yet announced) that offers a way for a player to customize their character’s origin, including the option to change the ability score increases that come from being an elf, a dwarf, or one of D&D's many other playable folk. This option emphasizes that each person in the game is an individual with capabilities all their own."
Why? D&D books talk about how rules and books are guidelines, but ultimately the system can be changed for player or DM preference. Especially in home-games, a small group can agree on changes to the rules and this is no problem. Why does D&D have to release more supplements with alternative ability scores? In fact, they do with subraces already...and races often have different ability scores for really good reasons. Elves are typically tall and slender, so it makes sense for them to be more dexterous compared to dwarves...and dwarves have high constitution...why is this a problem?

...you know, he's the most famous drow - a rebel against his evil, corrupt society viewed by many as a hero in the battle of good vs. evil

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Brive1987 wrote: But no immediate call for statins on a T-chol of 329 / 8.5?
Not from me: I like to see the risk score and go by that, being an old and wily dinosaur who doesn't object to independent thought.The Framingham score makes it easy to tell someone what their risk of a heart attack is in the next ten years, and what it is for the average person of their age and sex. Depending on the 'guidelines' issued by Australian authorities, there might be other approaches. Medicine has become driven by guidelines, and woe betide anyone who doesn't follow them and there's a complaint. Imagine a scenario where your risk score is now very low, but the total cholesterol is high enough under the guidelines to merit a statin. Old Doc Screwtape chats about your options with you, and between the two of us, we decide to go by the excellent risk score, especially as you hate drugs and maybe can't afford them anyway. Next week you have The Big One. After the funeral the Widow Brive files a complaint that the very clear guidelines were not followed. Many licensing bodies will now hang the doc out to dry for that as they are more about preserving their own standing in the public's eye (and thus their continued authority and jobs if medicine continues as a self-regulated profession). It used to be that being a professional meant you had to give your best opinion, whether wanted, or popular, or not. Now it means you have to follow the rules or else.
That might be all very well except for this - the guidelines tend to be written by doctors with an interest in the condition under consideration. Usually they have a history of years of research grants from the pharmaceutical companies that make drugs for those conditions. And a reasonable expectation that they will get funding for furthering their career with a little mutual back-scratching. Hence guidelines tend to emphasise drugs early and often, and not old, cheap well-proven drugs either. For decades we began treating high BP with diuretics and then beta-blockers. Dirt cheap. Good safety records. Proven to work well for secondary endpoints (prevention of strokes, heart attacks and congestive heart failure). And now you're criticized if you use them, rather than the latest and most expensive drugs in the latest version of the guidelines for hypertension. Even if your patient can't afford them, but could manage the cheap ones. City docs tend to have more of the worried-well, people with decent salaries, and drug plans, and who have read up about their concerns before coming in. City docs are on average much younger and likely trained in an era of data-driven decision making, and are comfortable with mindlessly following guidelines. My rural patients were generally much less well off, and didn't have the kind of jobs that include a drug plan (farming, forestry and fishery). The older folks didn't like to complain about anything. In other words, it was easy for me to use my brains and negotiate treatment choices with them that suited them, rather than blindly telling them they had to find another $250 a month for a script that could have been a better proven $5 drug.

John D

Post by John D »

This had me laughing so hard last night my wife had to tell me to stop so she could go to bed.

https://babylonbee.com/news/cracker-jac ... sian-jacks

and yes... my wife is not threatening to kill herself today... but... she is all cringey when I try to kiss or hug her.... and I'm like "maybe you are having a hormone cycle like you are starting to menstruate." and she is like "NO!". Haha. Practically every time she had a period in her life she told me she was going to kill herself.... and yet she still doesn't recognize it.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Interesting to see Breitbart delve so thoroughly into RIck Wilson's dirty laundry-- decades of creating fucked-up Republican propaganda...

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020 ... mp-leader/#

They didn't mention Don Lemon laughing his ass off at Wilson's on-air impersonation of a hurr-durr-dumb-talkin' redneck.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

justinvacula wrote: ...and as expected, now Dungeons and Dragons is problematic. Didn't take too long after Magic: The Gathering ...

ThreeFlangedJavis

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:12 pm
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: To be fair, Chauvin deserves what's probably going to happen to him. The irony of it all is that he was let back onto the streets by one Amy Klobuchar who refused to prosecute when Chauvin and friends turned a car into a colander.
That's false. Chauvin's, et al. case -- shooting a crazed dude in the midst of stabbing people* -- went to a grand jury. Klobuchar had already left her County Attorney position to serve in the US Senate by the time the grand jury -- perhaps because they shot a crazed dude in the midst of stabbing people -- declined to indict.

False, but juicy enough to derail her inside track to the VP slot in favor of some negress or the other. Who will undoubtedly 'motivate the base' of petulant blacks and negrophilic lefty whites, but just as assuredly piss the hell out of blue collar whites sick and tired of being labeled racist, privileged deplorables.

* Even a dirty cop gets a Justified right once in a while.
Yes, looks to be false. Story I heard was something about Chauvin being involved in shooting up a car but now I can't find any corroboration of that. Point with Klobuchar though is that she had chances to prosecute cops but always passed the buck which is odd considering that police brutality is such an overtly evil, widespread scourge. Scratch the surface of a lefty race trafficker and you find a thick layer of hypocrisy and cynicism a la Kamala Harris.

I haven't seen any questioning of the symbolism of taking the knee. Considering how he died, you'd think Floyd's family would be at least a little offended.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Blacks should stop whining about their brothers being murdered by police.
In the words of many looters on twitter: 'Insurance will cover it'.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

They've been gunning for D&D ever since Gary Gygax shuffled his mortal coil. They always miss the point about role-playing, about immersing yourself in the fantasy, and they never miss an opportunity to signal their virtù. Their spiels about 'diversity' and 'inclusion' are just one of the many red flags that indicates they have no love for the game itself, nor will they, nor do they have any intent of playing even IF all their demands are met. They're from the same breed that touted the importance of Black Panther on the big screen but didn't buy a single issue of the Black Panther comic book, which ended up getting cancelled due to poor sales. For the second time.

I mean for fuck's sake, every single race in D&D have pros and cons. Including humans. That's the point! Dwarves are robust with a higher constitution, but lower intelligence. They're also greedy. Elves are blessed with higher intelligence and dexterity, but they're glass cannons. They're also distrustful of other species and often arrogant. The point is, it's supposed to be different enough to make it interesting. If every race was the same, if orcs weren't brutish or violent, or drows weren't deceitful or secretive, and all races started out with the same attributes and traits, why even play the fucking game?

In Vampire Masquerade, there's a race called 'Nosferatu' who when they're 'embraced' basically all look like an emaciated Count Orlok. Unlike their other vampire counterparts, they're unable to enter human society, they're always deemed repulsive and any attempt by them to disguise themselves as anything other than what they are is penalised. As a result, they're banished underground and are forced to use subterranean tunnels to traverse to other places, and most of the time while topside their only option is to skulk in the shadows.

http://cdn30.us1.fansshare.com/image/no ... 739212.jpg

In contrast, there's another race called 'Malkavians' who are aesthetically very pleasing to look at, but deranged due to their progenitor who was cursed with madness and then passed that madness on to his brood.

https://66.media.tumblr.com/058a5acf292 ... 1_1280.png

Obviously the fun comes when roleplaying. If you don't have the capacity for pretense, then roleplaying is not for you. There's no reason to ruin it for everyone else.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Thank you for the egg-vice.

What with cutting down on bread - I though I might treat myself on the weekend (or at some point) to Bacon, Sausage and Egg in a toasted brown Rye Bread sandwich.

Anyway...is anyone feeling old?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Our posturing, hair-gel abusing, dry-drunk of a petty tyrant governor just mandated mask wearing in all public settings.

He can go fuck himself.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

I is not happy, we were not the canary in the coal mine, Brett was. By the way this is a superb watch.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Hi Za-zen!

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

sup dawg

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

MarcusAu wrote: Thank you for the egg-vice.

What with cutting down on bread - I though I might treat myself on the weekend (or at some point) to Bacon, Sausage and Egg in a toasted brown Rye Bread sandwich.

Anyway...is anyone feeling old?

Damn you entropy.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

screwtape wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: But no immediate call for statins on a T-chol of 329 / 8.5?
Not from me: I like to see the risk score and go by that, being an old and wily dinosaur who doesn't object to independent thought.The Framingham score makes it easy to tell someone what their risk of a heart attack is in the next ten years, and what it is for the average person of their age and sex. Depending on the 'guidelines' issued by Australian authorities, there might be other approaches. Medicine has become driven by guidelines, and woe betide anyone who doesn't follow them and there's a complaint. Imagine a scenario where your risk score is now very low, but the total cholesterol is high enough under the guidelines to merit a statin. Old Doc Screwtape chats about your options with you, and between the two of us, we decide to go by the excellent risk score, especially as you hate drugs and maybe can't afford them anyway. Next week you have The Big One. After the funeral the Widow Brive files a complaint that the very clear guidelines were not followed. Many licensing bodies will now hang the doc out to dry for that as they are more about preserving their own standing in the public's eye (and thus their continued authority and jobs if medicine continues as a self-regulated profession). It used to be that being a professional meant you had to give your best opinion, whether wanted, or popular, or not. Now it means you have to follow the rules or else.
That might be all very well except for this - the guidelines tend to be written by doctors with an interest in the condition under consideration. Usually they have a history of years of research grants from the pharmaceutical companies that make drugs for those conditions. And a reasonable expectation that they will get funding for furthering their career with a little mutual back-scratching. Hence guidelines tend to emphasise drugs early and often, and not old, cheap well-proven drugs either. For decades we began treating high BP with diuretics and then beta-blockers. Dirt cheap. Good safety records. Proven to work well for secondary endpoints (prevention of strokes, heart attacks and congestive heart failure). And now you're criticized if you use them, rather than the latest and most expensive drugs in the latest version of the guidelines for hypertension. Even if your patient can't afford them, but could manage the cheap ones. City docs tend to have more of the worried-well, people with decent salaries, and drug plans, and who have read up about their concerns before coming in. City docs are on average much younger and likely trained in an era of data-driven decision making, and are comfortable with mindlessly following guidelines. My rural patients were generally much less well off, and didn't have the kind of jobs that include a drug plan (farming, forestry and fishery). The older folks didn't like to complain about anything. In other words, it was easy for me to use my brains and negotiate treatment choices with them that suited them, rather than blindly telling them they had to find another $250 a month for a script that could have been a better proven $5 drug.
I have heard a number of doctors of a variety of podcasts complain of the same. They note the guidelines, even when accurate, typically exclude the top and bottom 20% of outlier patients that need nuanced approaches. They also destroy any culture if innovation.

The term I believe I heard was “read, repeat, reward”

Gary Fettke is one example. He’s an orthopaedic surgeon in Tasmania who got sick of amputations of T2D feet.

He stated criticising carb heavy diet recommendations and crap UPF Meals in his hospitals. He was targeted by the Dieticians association and from them the local medical board. He had to fight for two years to overturn his suspension- and was finally vindicated. His wife was leaked emails from the cereals representative body (intl heads of Kellogg’s etc represented) which had named him and five others to be specially targeted

Since then the pair has campaigned against Adventist “Garden of Eden” diet advocacy and manipulation.

https://isupportgary.com/about

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Well, to no one's surprise, Antifa didn't stop just by tearing down Robert E. Lee statues, they've now started tearing down George Washington statues as well. One in Portland was defaced with "genocidal colonist", set on fire, then finally toppled. Then they tossed an American flag on top of it and set that on fire, too.

Who wants to bet they bomb Rushmore next?

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

"Facebook says it took down Trump ads because they used Nazi symbol"

https://tfoxlaw.files.wordpress.com/201 ... om-ork.jpg

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... 152%29.jpg

R4Resist
We are all Mexicans
We are all Jews
We are all Muslims
We are all Blacks
We are all LGBTQ
We are all Asians
We are all Indians
We are all Immigrants
We are all Feminists
We are all Americans
We are all Patriots

‘R’
is for Resistance
A ‘Badge’ to Unite All Resistance Movements

We are all under attack- R is for Resistance. Wear it as a badge of honor.

https://r4resist.files.wordpress.com/20 ... jpeg?w=768

Shortly after the presidential election, (November 13) ‘Trump Nation/Whites Only’ was written on the wall outside a majority-immigrant church in Maryland. When things like this happen, there’s two ways to go: quietly wash the wall or stand firm against hatred and promote tolerance.

All citizens of good conscious must join the resistance to Donald J. Trump’s authoritarian administration. To visualize and unite the various resistance groups and present the movement a unifying symbol, we propose that resisters wear a triangle ‘R’ badge on their sleeves when protesting – whether immigrants, refugees, or people of every ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or political affiliation, to demonstrate their patriotism in the struggle to preserve American democracy.

The design and colors of the ‘R’ triangle-shaped badge are derived from Nazi camp emblems prisoners were forced to wear. By co-opting that horrific emblem, we make a powerful protest against the threat of authoritarian rule and visualize the unity of all resisting groups. We urge all citizens to join the resistance and wear the ‘R’, whenever and wherever they protest the Trump regime policies. r4resist.wordpress.com

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

:(

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Bhurzum wrote:

:(
Bummer.

Holm turned in a superb, nuanced performance in a quirky, dark little film:

The Sweet Hereafter

hey I was starting to worry you were in the hoosegow or something. But maybe just enjoying quality family time?

P.S. I am now an apostle of your gun kata, and everyone in our little weekly larking party is now shooting <= 3" groups at 7-12 yards. Except me. But I'm half blind. I am the scourge of clay pigeons, though.