You is all a bunch of poofs!

Old subthreads
Brive1987

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Post by Brive1987 »

MarcusAu wrote: Sometimes I think we are living in one of those satirical distopias (or distopian satires) like the one in the Robocop (1987) film.

I wonder if Phil will be so keen to set up a vid conference once he realises what most have been cogitating on for the past year or so.
Society reaps what it sows. If most every other aspect of contemporary civilisation is turning clown-car, why not elected-dom?

Really. On what basis do we ‘deserve’ Marcus Aurelius?
“Alone of the emperors, he gave proof of his learning not by mere words or knowledge of philosophical doctrines but by his blameless character and temperate way of life”.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

John D wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:52 am

On another topic. I love me some Victor Davis Hanson.

Darling of the anti-immigrant right. Closet racist and race nationalist. Hates Messicans. "They tuuerk ur jerrrrbs!!"

(Sorry, the pasty lib had to ruin it.)

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Brive1987 wrote: On what basis do we ‘deserve’ Marcus Aurelius?
...or anything.

The one I'm thinking of died in plague.

Perhaps I should have take more time to choose a 'nym.

Other philosophers were available...

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Are we posting pop philosophy?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Leaked: the Dem Party's TPM for the Tara Reade accusation:
● The New York Times did weeks of extensive investigative research, talking to nearly two dozen former Biden staff from the 1990s, including those who worked directly with Ms. Reade. Here is what they found: “No other allegation about sexual assault surfaced in the course of reporting, nor did any former Biden staff members corroborate any details of Ms. Reade’s allegation. The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden.”

● All four of the people Mrs. Reade says were notified of an official complaint told the New York Times on the record that they have absolutely no recollection of any such conversation -- and that they certainly would have remembered it, especially because this alleged conduct would have been so wildly out of character for Joe Biden.

● Biden has been a fierce advocate for women, authoring and fighting to pass the Violence Against Women Act and launching a campaign to end sexual assault on college campuses. He has spent his life fighting to end abuses of power against women and using his voice to advocate for women across the country and around the world.

● Here’s the bottom line: Vice President Joe Biden has spent over 40 years in public life: 36 years in the Senate; 7 Senate campaigns, 2 previous presidential runs, two vice presidential campaigns, and 8 years in the White House. There has never been a complaint, allegation, hint or rumor of any impropriety or inappropriate conduct like this regarding him – ever.

● Biden believes that all women have the right to be heard and to have their claims thoroughly reviewed. In this case, a thorough review by the New York Times has led to the truth: this incident did not happen.
Number Two is highly reminiscent of the counter-attack on Blasey-Ford, btw.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/ru ... gn-defense

John D

Post by John D »

Hunt wrote:
John D wrote:

Darling of the anti-immigrant right. Closet racist and race nationalist. Hates Messicans. "They tuuerk ur jerrrrbs!!"

Did you bother to watch the video... or are you just bored and want to act like a dick? Honest question.

John D

Post by John D »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Leaked: the Dem Party's TPM for the Tara Reade accusation:
● The New York Times did weeks of extensive investigative research, talking to nearly two dozen former Biden staff from the 1990s, including those who worked directly with Ms. Reade. Here is what they found: “No other allegation about sexual assault surfaced in the course of reporting, nor did any former Biden staff members corroborate any details of Ms. Reade’s allegation. The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden.”

● All four of the people Mrs. Reade says were notified of an official complaint told the New York Times on the record that they have absolutely no recollection of any such conversation -- and that they certainly would have remembered it, especially because this alleged conduct would have been so wildly out of character for Joe Biden.

● Biden has been a fierce advocate for women, authoring and fighting to pass the Violence Against Women Act and launching a campaign to end sexual assault on college campuses. He has spent his life fighting to end abuses of power against women and using his voice to advocate for women across the country and around the world.

● Here’s the bottom line: Vice President Joe Biden has spent over 40 years in public life: 36 years in the Senate; 7 Senate campaigns, 2 previous presidential runs, two vice presidential campaigns, and 8 years in the White House. There has never been a complaint, allegation, hint or rumor of any impropriety or inappropriate conduct like this regarding him – ever.

● Biden believes that all women have the right to be heard and to have their claims thoroughly reviewed. In this case, a thorough review by the New York Times has led to the truth: this incident did not happen.
Number Two is highly reminiscent of the counter-attack on Blasey-Ford, btw.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/ru ... gn-defense
There is little doubt in my mind that Uncle Joe did the ole finger plunge on Tara. Of course, it is possible that she is lying, but I think the probability is small. I will enjoy voting for Justin Amash who is planning to run as a Libertarian ... and then telling EVERYONE else I didn't want to vote for a rapist. Oh joy! Haha!

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Fish tank cleaner death being investigated as a homicide:

https://freebeacon.com/coronavirus/poli ... ssion=true

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

John D wrote: There is little doubt in my mind that Uncle Joe did the ole finger plunge on Tara. Of course, it is possible that she is lying, but I think the probability is small.
Crazy women get sexually assaulted, too. A whole range of what actually happened is plausible. The main point is the Left's brazen hypocrisy wrt 'believe women'.

I will enjoy voting for Justin Amash who is planning to run as a Libertarian ... and then telling EVERYONE else I didn't want to vote for a rapist. Oh joy! Haha!
If Joe names Amy as his running mate, I'll vote for that ticket. Elect Joe by a hair's breadth, invoke the 25th, get eleven years of President Klobuchar!
/pipe dream

But if Joe picks anyone else, like the Wicked Witmer of the West, or especially that that braying, loser, self-promoting, fat, gap-toothed ni eloquent, highly qualified, dynamic, African-American woman of size, Stacey Abrams, Amash gets my vote.

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
John D wrote: There is little doubt in my mind that Uncle Joe did the ole finger plunge on Tara. Of course, it is possible that she is lying, but I think the probability is small.
Crazy women get sexually assaulted, too. A whole range of what actually happened is plausible. The main point is the Left's brazen hypocrisy wrt 'believe women'.

I will enjoy voting for Justin Amash who is planning to run as a Libertarian ... and then telling EVERYONE else I didn't want to vote for a rapist. Oh joy! Haha!
If Joe names Amy as his running mate, I'll vote for that ticket. Elect Joe by a hair's breadth, invoke the 25th, get eleven years of President Klobuchar!
/pipe dream

But if Joe picks anyone else, like the Wicked Witmer of the West, or especially that that braying, loser, self-promoting, fat, gap-toothed ni eloquent, highly qualified, dynamic, African-American woman of size, Stacey Abrams, Amash gets my vote.
The totally unbiased Stacey Abrams thinks Joe needs to choose a woman of color.

I have heard that the governor of New Mexico checks boxes for mexican and native american, so there's a long shot prediction: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michelle_Lujan_Grisham

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Wuhan lab 'most likely' coronavirus source, U.S. government analysis finds

A Wuhan laboratory is the “most likely” source of the COVID-19 outbreak now ravaging the globe, according to a U.S. government analysis that catalogs the evidence and concludes that other explanations for the origin of the coronavirus are less credible.

The document ... says there is no smoking gun to blame the virus on either the Wuhan Institute of Virology or the Wuhan branch of the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention... But “there is circumstantial evidence to suggest such may be the case,” the paper says.
[....]
“All other possible places of the virus’ origin have been proven to be highly unlikely,” the document concludes.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Driftless wrote: The totally unbiased Stacey Abrams thinks Joe needs to choose a woman of color.
Too bad Beto tanked so badly, else the Dems could run him and Abrams on a How-to-Snatch-Defeat-from-the-Jaws-of-Victory ticket.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Holy fuck. Women suuuuuuck. Yahoo News, today...

"In March 1982, new wave legends the Go-Go’s’ debut LP, Beauty and the Beat, topped the Billboard 200 album chart, making them the first — and, to date only — all-female band that wrote their own songs and played their own instruments to achieve that feat."

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Lately, Krystal Ball has been as repetitive as a Bernie Sanders speech. But when she laughs at Biden-- 0min40sec-- her boobs move.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Wuhan lab 'most likely' coronavirus source, U.S. government analysis finds

A Wuhan laboratory is the “most likely” source of the COVID-19 outbreak now ravaging the globe, according to a U.S. government analysis that catalogs the evidence and concludes that other explanations for the origin of the coronavirus are less credible.

The document ... says there is no smoking gun to blame the virus on either the Wuhan Institute of Virology or the Wuhan branch of the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention... But “there is circumstantial evidence to suggest such may be the case,” the paper says.
[....]
“All other possible places of the virus’ origin have been proven to be highly unlikely,” the document concludes.
From the same article:
Army Gen. Mark A. Milley, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said U.S. intelligence agencies are investigating whether the virus escaped from a lab or was the result of a naturally occurring outbreak.

“At this point, it’s inconclusive, although the weight of evidence seems to indicate natural,” the general said on April 14, “but we don’t know for certain.”
Also from the same article:
The document, compiled from open sources and not a finished product, says there is no smoking gun to blame the virus on either the Wuhan Institute of Virology or the Wuhan branch of the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention, both located in the city where the first outbreaks were reported.
So a headline generated from an open sourced document, in other words news articles or press releases that have been in public view for some time that doesn't mention who or which branch of government is compiling the still incomplete document. Maybe members of Nunes or Gaetz's staff?
From the Washington Times no less:
The Washington Times was founded on May 17, 1982, by Unification movement leader Sun Myung Moon and owned until 2010 by News World Communications, an international media conglomerate founded by Moon. It is currently owned by Operations Holdings, which is owned by the Unification movement.[4][5]

Throughout its history, The Washington Times has been known for its conservative political stance.[6][7][8][9] It has published many columns which reject the scientific consensuses on climate change,[10][11][12] on ozone depletion,[13] on the harmful effects of second-hand smoke,[14][15] and which have spread misinformation regarding the 2019–2020 coronavirus outbreak.[16] It has drawn controversy for publishing racist content, including commentary and conspiracy theories about U.S. President Barack Obama,[17][18] supporting neo-Confederate historical revisionism,[19][20] and promoting Islamophobia.[21]
It's possible that the CCP is covering things up and disappearing people because the virus came from the lab and they want to save face or it could be they want to silence the doctors and researchers that told them for some time about the virus and cover up the party's incompetence for mishandling the crisis. They certainly have been lying and covering things up.
Meanwhile, Trump and his allies are working overtime to deflect criticism from him and now are blaming the Chinese. Certainly they have some blame in this matter but I don't have faith in getting the facts from Trump and pals either. Tough to try and nail down the facts when you are getting the info from 2 sets of pathological liars.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

John D wrote:
Hunt wrote:
John D wrote:

Did you bother to watch the video... or are you just bored and want to act like a dick? Honest question.
I watched for about 30 minutes (all I could take). My take was similar to Hunts.

John D

Post by John D »

Lsuoma wrote:
John D wrote:
Hunt wrote:
John D wrote:

I watched for about 30 minutes (all I could take). My take was similar to Hunts.
Each to their own I guess.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Tough to try and nail down the facts when you are getting the info from 2 sets of pathological liars.
That, at least, we can agree on.

free thoughtpolice

Is Florida trying to cover up their covid death rate? Inquiring minds want to know.
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watc ... ata-report

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Hunt wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:15 am
John D wrote:

I can't tell if you're being ironic. I love me some VDH too. As far as I can tell he is quite approving of the diverse nature of the farming community he hails from and often lauds the industriousness of his immigrant neighbours. I find him to be quite fair in his commentary and not given to hyperbole. I find that historians have a better grasp of affairs than most, probably because they've seen it all before.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:32 am

/pipe dream

Clinton has just endorsed Biden. A Clinton bait and switch is still on the cards. Suicide, you might think, but it wouldn't surprise me at all. It's difficult to tell from the outside how much control the Clintons still have on the party. Britain has it's own Clinton in the form of Blair. It's been revealed that senior members of Labour, most likely Blairites, were actively working against Corbyn winning election. I'll thank them for that, even though they were doing it for the wrong reasons.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

John D wrote:
Hunt wrote:
John D wrote:

All of the above?

free thoughtpolice

Fox News is really doing a 180. First they fire Trump's special advisers Diamond and Silk and now I see this video where they appear to be slamming Trump.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Interesting data and maps at Johns Hopkins Covid site:

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu

The lower 48 , total deaths by county:
covid_deaths.png
(206.94 KiB) Downloaded 386 times

Death rate per confirmed case:
covid_death_rate.png
(205.46 KiB) Downloaded 383 times
NB: this can be deceptive, as confirmed cases vary wildly due to testing rates. My county, for example, is colored dark with 1 fatality to 39 cases. More informative would be a death per population.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

I'm currently having a discussion with someone on LinkedIn who has read Judy Mikovits recent book (Plague of Corruption) and who has bought into the KoolAid. The book review calls her the next Rosalind Franklin, having single handedly cured HIV/Aids, cruelly censored by the Deep State.

I recall that ERV was instrumental in her downfall. Has Mikovits done any credible research since, or is she now just on the anti vax teat?

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

So technically, you could put 774,400 people per square mile on the beaches and still meet the CDC guidelines for social distancing. Something to ponder. Or you could give every person a 3 foot corridor for movement on all sides and still fit 343,396 per sq mi
If only people could follow some simple rules.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

mordacious1 wrote: So technically, you could put 774,400 people per square mile on the beaches and still meet the CDC guidelines for social distancing. Something to ponder. Or you could give every person a 3 foot corridor for movement on all sides and still fit 343,396 per sq mi
If only people could follow some simple rules.
Doctor, you mentioned the ratio of ten women to each man. Now, wouldn't that necessitate the abandonment of the so-called monogamous sexual relationship, I mean, as far as men were concerned?

But it is, you know, a sacrifice required for the future of the human race. I hasten to add that since each man will be required to do prodigious... service... along these lines, the women will have to be selected for their sexual characteristics which will have to be of a highly stimulating nature.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Service Dog wrote: Holy fuck. Women suuuuuuck. Yahoo News, today...

"In March 1982, new wave legends the Go-Go’s’ debut LP, Beauty and the Beat, topped the Billboard 200 album chart, making them the first — and, to date only — all-female band that wrote their own songs and played their own instruments to achieve that feat."
Come on man, you know the truth - it's not that most female bands suck, it's that all these supremely talented female bands are being actively suppressed by a Patriarchy ™ that refuses to buy their albums out of pure spite.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-9kq1A9WNZxw/U ... Use+Me.jpg

free thoughtpolice

What about The Shaggs? As Frank Zappa said they were better than the Beatles, yet they are hardly even remembered.

free thoughtpolice

The Faith Tones apparently had a history that belied their devout image.

And even worse!

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

I had no idea they were so cool!

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

mordacious1 wrote: So technically, you could put 774,400 people per square mile on the beaches and still meet the CDC guidelines for social distancing.
Just not in California. Our increasingly edgy and testy dry-drunk governor just announced the closing of all state beaches, only to limit the edict at the last minute to just Orange County. Cuz he saw a photo of what he considered too many defiant folks on a beach in the OC.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

KiwiInOz wrote: Excuse my French, but Baise Moi. US Americans are crazy.
LOL wut? Look at their laudible trigger discipline.
3500.jpg
(61.27 KiB) Downloaded 378 times

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote: Excuse my French, but Baise Moi. US Americans are crazy.
LOL wut? Look at their laudible trigger discipline.

3500.jpg
I see a Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels outcome in their future.

Keating

Post by Keating »

There is an underlying question of philosophy under it: Does the government have the power to weld you into your apartment, or do you have the freedom to leave your house without needing to notifying them. I think (negative) rights are innate, and it is the duty of government to protect them. It's the difference between a government that trusts its citizens to do the right thing, and a government that doesn't.

I'm not a fan of sending helicopters to fine or arrest people drinking alcohol on the roof of buildings on the Gold Coast. I'm happy to comply with the best advice given by a government that shows it trusts me.

Keating

Post by Keating »

On a slightly different topic, I've been wondering how agricultural quarantines were legal (i.e. prior to state border closures).

Section 92 guarantees free intercourse. Sections 51 and 69 suggest only the Federal government has quarantine powers. So, I'd have thought there would need to be a High Court decision to decide which section had priority when it comes to preventing fruit flies entering Victoria. My guess is that it has just never been challenged. (I'm not suggesting that agricultural zones are bad or should be dismantled, just that I'm not sure they're constitutional).

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

This current outbreak doesn't seem quite so surreal since I started to distinguish between 'corvid' and 'covid'.

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

MarcusAu wrote: This current outbreak doesn't seem quite so surreal since I started to distinguish between 'corvid' and 'covid'.
Corvid-19 is also known as the Bird Flu...
Main symptom is crows’ feet

Parody Accountant

Post by Parody Accountant »

Back when Americans still ate tide pods instead of bleach:

[/tweet]

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Matt Taibbi, Rolling Stone

The Inevitable Coronavirus Censorship Crisis is Here

As the Covid-19 crisis progresses, censorship programs advance, amid calls for China-style control of the Internet

In the Trump years the sector of society we used to describe as liberal America became a giant finger-wagging machine... united by loathing of Trump and fury toward anyone who dissented with their preoccupations.

[T]here was no longer any legitimate excuse for disagreeing with its takes on Russia, Julian Assange, Jill Stein, Joe Rogan, the 25th amendment, Ukraine, the use of the word 'treason,' the removal of Alex Jones, the movie Joker, or whatever else happened to be the #Resistance fixation of the day.

When the Covid-19 crisis struck, the scolding utopia was no longer abstraction. The dream was reality! ... Failure to take elite advice was no longer just a deplorable faux pas. Not heeding experts was now murder. It could not be tolerated. Media coverage quickly became a single, floridly-written tirade against 'expertise-deniers.'

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Keating wrote: I think (negative) rights are innate, and it is the duty of government to protect them. It's the difference between a government that trusts its citizens to do the right thing, and a government that doesn't.
In the US, the Ninth Amendment, part of the "Bill of Rights", expressly does just that:
The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.
Not that anyone's paying much attention to the Bill of Rights these days.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

I found this amusing. I'm pretty sure Ol' Burzho will appreciate it too.

https://www.craigrobertdouglas.co.uk/pu ... ally-ness/

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Statement analysis of Biden's denial of playing the Little Dutch Boy with Tara Reade:

https://statement-analysis.blogspot.com ... nt-on.html

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Also, David Icke has been kicked of Tardbook.

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-52501453

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Lsuoma wrote: I found this amusing. I'm pretty sure Ol' Burzho will appreciate it too.

Do my eyes deceive me, or did the Duke of Sussex add Bic pens and Mentos to his MOLLE?

free thoughtpolice

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Statement analysis of Biden's denial of playing the Little Dutch Boy with Tara Reade:

https://statement-analysis.blogspot.com ... nt-on.html
Out of curiosity,do you think statement analysis is a reliable tool?
Also. do you think Sapir is an objective observer?

Keating

Post by Keating »

It's a good thing Biden is a teetotaller. Imagine what would be happening if he liked beer.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Out of curiosity,do you think statement analysis is a reliable tool?
I believe it can be a reliable and useful technique when applied judiciously. While no single instance of a word choice or grammatical construction is proof positive of deception, their frequency are strong red flags. All of us, when lying, seek to create a statement that is at least prima facie true in our own mind. Also, the listener or reader -- not to mention a sloppy interviewer or interrogator -- tends to extrapolate from the narrow statement to a broader 'gist' rephrasing in their mind. They may often vocally repeat back their expanded and revised version.

NB: like any interpretive technique, it is vulnerable to the practitioner's bias.
Also. do you think Sapir is an objective observer?
I was about to formulate a response on linguistic relativity until I figured out you meant a different Sapir. I don't recall having read any of your guy's analyses, but from what I see, his marketing claims for his own for-sale system are a bit hyperbolic. Perhaps we should analyze them, too?

free thoughtpolice

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
I was about to formulate a response on linguistic relativity until I figured out you meant a different Sapir. I don't recall having read any of your guy's analyses, but from what I see, his marketing claims for his own for-sale system are a bit hyperbolic. Perhaps we should analyze them too?
My mistake. I thought Avinoam Sapir was the author of the post as he is the dude behind statement analysis registered trademark and authored all of the posts.

Stankeye

Post by Stankeye »

Lsuoma wrote: I found this amusing. I'm pretty sure Ol' Burzho will appreciate it too.

That DOMINIC ADLER has several articles on there along and so far they are very funny and informative.

Why do they call call it "Ally" makes no sense to this merican.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

free thoughtpolice wrote: My mistake. I thought Avinoam Sapir was the author of the post as he is the dude behind statement analysis registered trademark and authored all of the posts.
No, my mistake. I thought you were interested in engaging in an earnest discussion, and not just still being the complete dickhead you've somehow morphed into over the past year.

FTR, you're also wrong on both those counts.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

After some searching I finally found the full list of newly banned "assault-style" weapons. It turns out to be nine models and all their variants (most of which are different coloured stocks etc), plus anything of 20mm calibre or larger (you can keep your 10 gauge goose gun), anything with a muzzle energy >10,000J/7,375ft-lb, and finally the upper receivers of AR-15, AR-10, M16 and M4 design.
It seems that the intention is to ban mostly by name, and the name is one tainted by being used in a crime or by looking 'military'. As it stands, this has led to some illogicality; the M14 is banned whilst the M1 Garand is not. It would make more sense if it was done by functional description - say, for example, all centrefire semi-automatic rifles, maybe with a rider about barrel length being less than a certain value. I'm amazed that it looks like I will get to keep my M1 Carbine, which is already a restricted weapon in Canada because of the short barrel. The Ruger Mini-14 is banned, and it is essentially a civilian version of the M1 Carbine (but a Mini-14 was used in the Montreal massacre and the NS shootings).

It goes without saying that all of these earnest measures will do nothing to stop anyone minded to repeat Gabriel Wortman's exploits here a couple of weeks ago. He had no firearms license at all (would have been ineligible because of an assault charge) and the four weapons he had were all obtained illegally, which means it is a near certainty they came from the USA and were smuggled into Canada. Restricting law-abiding Canadians who have followed all the rules (and rather onerous requirements to be allowed even an air rifle capable of >500fps) will not stop a repeat of this horror. But the Boy Wonder needs to make himself look good, and has taken the opportunity to do this while parliament is not sitting by means of regulation rather than by legislation. Given he leads a minority government he might not have had it passed if it had to survive debate. As it is, it is a cosmetic law strong enough to look good, but not quite irritating enough to make Albertan ranchers really angry.

free thoughtpolice

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote: My mistake. I thought Avinoam Sapir was the author of the post as he is the dude behind statement analysis registered trademark and authored all of the posts.
No, my mistake. I thought you were interested in engaging in an earnest discussion, and not just still being the complete dickhead you've somehow morphed into over the past year.

FTR, you're also wrong on both those counts.
Someone's a little touchy. Exactly what did I say that got that pissy little response? You seem to misinterpret what I write quite often and really take it personal when someone disagrees with you.

free thoughtpolice

screwtape wrote: After some searching I finally found the full list of newly banned "assault-style" weapons. It turns out to be nine models and all their variants (most of which are different coloured stocks etc), plus anything of 20mm calibre or larger (you can keep your 10 gauge goose gun), anything with a muzzle energy >10,000J/7,375ft-lb, and finally the upper receivers of AR-15, AR-10, M16 and M4 design.
It seems that the intention is to ban mostly by name, and the name is one tainted by being used in a crime or by looking 'military'. As it stands, this has led to some illogicality; the M14 is banned whilst the M1 Garand is not. It would make more sense if it was done by functional description - say, for example, all centrefire semi-automatic rifles, maybe with a rider about barrel length being less than a certain value. I'm amazed that it looks like I will get to keep my M1 Carbine, which is already a restricted weapon in Canada because of the short barrel. The Ruger Mini-14 is banned, and it is essentially a civilian version of the M1 Carbine (but a Mini-14 was used in the Montreal massacre and the NS shootings).

It goes without saying that all of these earnest measures will do nothing to stop anyone minded to repeat Gabriel Wortman's exploits here a couple of weeks ago. He had no firearms license at all (would have been ineligible because of an assault charge) and the four weapons he had were all obtained illegally, which means it is a near certainty they came from the USA and were smuggled into Canada. Restricting law-abiding Canadians who have followed all the rules (and rather onerous requirements to be allowed even an air rifle capable of >500fps) will not stop a repeat of this horror. But the Boy Wonder needs to make himself look good, and has taken the opportunity to do this while parliament is not sitting by means of regulation rather than by legislation. Given he leads a minority government he might not have had it passed if it had to survive debate. As it is, it is a cosmetic law strong enough to look good, but not quite irritating enough to make Albertan ranchers really angry.
I pretty much agree with everything you have to say there. If you are going to ban all short barrel rifles then do it. I think it is a good idea to limit high capacity magazines to make it more difficult to get them as their real life utility is negligible and they are especially deadly in mass shootings in crowds.
Also I was going to trade my vintage WW1 Lee Enfield 303 for this beauty and now I can't. :cry:
ar 15.PNG
(308.19 KiB) Downloaded 283 times

free thoughtpolice

Also, I realize there are out of control drunks out there that need some therapy.
My Absinthe Therapy not only inhibits the covid 19 virus but has also proven effective in trials I have run to cure alcoholism. It's worked for me.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Someone's a little touchy. Exactly what did I say that got that pissy little response?
You pretended to be honestly interested in my thoughts on that particular subject, when you were really trying to lay a 'gotcha!' trap. Sadly, you couldn't even get the details right.

You seem to misinterpret what I write quite often
Incessant straw-manning requires no interpretation.
and really take it personal when someone disagrees with you.
As I think I mentioned recently, insults directed at my mother or my horses I do take personally. As for the rest, I quite enjoy a heated discussion. I've had at it with several Pitizens, as do others, and we all make up and kiss in the end. Except with Dam Dam, who is a massive disingenuous cunt by avocation.

I believe I'm the same crude, brusque, obnoxious, opposite-of-touchy, prick I've always been. But seriously, brat, something's gotten into you. I'm not the only one here who you've tediously straw-manned and sniped at. So get hammered or get laid or get divorced or get help but get sorted out and rejoin your uncouth, bastardy comrades already.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: As I think I mentioned recently, insults directed at my mother or my horses I do take personally.
I know. She talks in her sleep.

(And I don't mean your mare. Cutting that rejoinder off at the knees.)