You is all a bunch of poofs!

Old subthreads
John D

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Post by John D »

Keating wrote: Haven't completely got through this, but the first half hour I've seen so far is very interesting:

In particular: "The nones are not children of the enlightenment. Which means they completely disconnect from both sides of the discussion."

Kirb in particular would probably find it interesting to. I mention his name because he's like Beetlejuice.
Are my wife and I the only fucking people on earth that don't believe in anything supernatural? Am I the only strick materialist in the whole country? It feels like it.

Look all you fuckers....

Bigfoot.... NOPE
Space Aliens.... NOPE
Angles.... NOPE
Ghosts..... NOPE
Tarrot... NOPE
Life After Death..... NOPE
Miracles.... NOPE

It is really no wonder I hate the non-religious left. They actually make less sense than Christians.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

I'm fairly literally minded myself - but can see the fun in all sorts of speculation...for instance this panel discussion on the effect of Lovecraft on neo-Paganism...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5GEu_LHd_E

And a good Cthulhu Fa'tagn and all that to everyone here.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

John D wrote: Are my wife and I the only fucking people on earth that don't believe in anything supernatural? Am I the only strick materialist in the whole country? It feels like it.

Look all you fuckers....

Bigfoot.... NOPE
Space Aliens.... NOPE
Angles.... NOPE
Ghosts..... NOPE
Tarrot... NOPE
Miracles.... NOPE

It is really no wonder I hate the non-religious left. They actually make less sense than Christians.
Bigfoot.... Maybe, (The Panda wasn't dicovered until the 20's)
Space Aliens.... Defo, just live a long long way away.
Angles.... (I'm assuming you mean Angels) Yes. L.A. Angels & Tonbridge Angels
Ghosts..... Do ex girlfriends count :?
Tarrot... I once had a landlady who did them but NOPE
Life After Death..... Probably NOPE but I've seen some YouTube videos :o
Miracles.... ALLAHU AKBAR :violence-blades:

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

John D wrote:
MarcusAu wrote: Since it was mentioned the recently - here is Jim's take on Sargon's political shenanigans...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUP3zJcRwG0
Holy shit... that was great. I used to listen to Sargon once in a while. I would say that about a year or two ago he was kind of interesting.... but.... I have not made it through one of his videos in ages. It is really kind of fun (in a sick sort of way) to watch him destroy himself. I'm glad I am an engineer. A good solid profession where you make things and try to build stuff.

Advice to the world: Try to make something and not destroy something. You will have a better life.
I watched "This Week in Stupid" for a while, probably more than a year ago. I have generally stopped watching videos where someone is reading newspaper articles because I can read faster than they can talk so I spend the entire video thinking that if I just had the link to the article I could read it myself. I skip through Tim Pool's videos for the same reason.

At least Metokur is doing something other than reading an article.

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

I can’t believe we have a circlelist who doesn’t believe in angles among us. The man does not have a point.

John D

Post by John D »

mordacious1 wrote: I can’t believe we have a circlelist who doesn’t believe in angles among us. The man does not have a point.
Okay... so I am a shit speller... haha! Good one! and I accept. :clap:

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Seriously, what the fuck led Aneris the Flouncer to think it was a grand idea to tangle with me? Defending his halal-coalburning Lumpenhausfrau, no less.

https://whyevolutionistrue.wordpress.co ... logue-243/

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

John D wrote:
mordacious1 wrote: I can’t believe we have a circlelist who doesn’t believe in angles among us. The man does not have a point.
Okay... so I am a shit speller... haha! Good one! and I accept. :clap:
Well, there is precident...

"Non Angli, sed angeli" and all that.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

John D wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 10:28 am

Look all you fuckers....

Bigfoot.... NOPE
Space Aliens.... NOPE
Angles.... NOPE
Ghosts..... NOPE
Tarrot... NOPE
Miracles.... NOPE

Mostly with you there but I have to admit I am inclined to believe in the existence of some angles eg 45 degrees.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Now you're just being obtuse.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Driftless wrote: I watched "This Week in Stupid" for a while, probably more than a year ago. I have generally stopped watching videos where someone is reading newspaper articles because I can read faster than they can talk so I spend the entire video thinking that if I just had the link to the article I could read it myself. I skip through Tim Pool's videos for the same reason.

I don't get why Sargon decided to go on a Jihad against Metokur.

John D

Post by John D »

This Guy!

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

InfraRedBucket wrote:
Go sit in the corner...
Oh wait.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

John D wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 10:04 am
I used to listen to Sargon once in a while. I would say that about a year or two ago he was kind of interesting.... but.... I have not made it through one of his videos in ages. It is really kind of fun (in a sick sort of way) to watch him destroy himself. I'm glad I am an engineer. A good solid profession where you make things and try to build stuff.

Advice to the world: Try to make something and not destroy something. You will have a better life.
I believe Carl Benjamin was a software engineer before his YouTube career.

But, software engineers aren't real engineers.

But, environmental engineers aren't real engineers.

But, electrical engineers aren't real engineers.

But, municipal engineers aren't real engineers.

But, structural engineers aren't real engineers.

But, civil engineers aren't real engineers.

But, mechanical engineers aren't real engineers.

Sorry. Maybe I have a glitch. Maybe I need a software engineer.

And so on. I love engineering. My grandfather built LMS locomotives in Crewe. My father left his engineering training in 1939 to volunteer in the RE, and went on to defuse bombs in London during the Blitz, then disarmed minefields in north Africa and Sicily, used Bengal torpedoes on Gold Beach and did his stuff until a FW190 dropped a frag bomb on him in Holland. Eventually, he recovered and became a civil engineer for the rest of his days (until he became a sheep farmer in 1976, but that's another story). He understood that engineering was changing. After Civils, Structurals and Municipals, the last plaque in his office was related to water pollution control. If I were to be an engineer (which might have been a more fitting career choice), I believe I would prefer to be a Mechanical. And, stupidly, I went to medical school instead. I guess my point is that Carl Benjamin has built stuff, and isn't destroying himself by standing in an election for a single issue and where a more-focussed single-issue party candidate won. It only means the electorate made their point even more firmly. I don't see too much wrong with that, and wouldn't make fun of Carl for any of it.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

It seems the world was not yet ready for a real life Internet Shitlord politician. Perhaps in another 5 - 10 years.

On the other hand what do I know - Cicciolina got elected after all.

I still don't know if he ever expected to win - or how this result fits in with the 20 year plan.

nb People should feel free to make any jokes they like...even if others find them offensive.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

screwtape wrote: Carl Benjamin has built stuff, and isn't destroying himself by standing in an election for a single issue and where a more-focussed single-issue party candidate won. It only means the electorate made their point even more firmly. I don't see too much wrong with that, and wouldn't make fun of Carl for any of it.
It does make me laugh the stick he's getting after the Lord Mayors show so to speak. He stood in an election that should never have been and that no one really wanted and had little to no chance of getting elected not just because of the Farage 'Mr Brexit' phenomenon but because he is a virtual unknown. (he was up against Anne Widdecombe ffs) Unless you go on YouTube who honestly knows who the fuck he is? I had to tell my sister who he was after she saw him on Sky News and hadn't a scooby what all the fuss was about.
At least the bloke had the balls to step up and put his head on the media chopping block, personally I thought he was a fucking hero when telling the British press they were 'Dirty Dirty Smear Merchants' I just wish more politicians had balls half as big. However now it's all over and the dust is settling I honestly think he needs to take stock and seriously question his future relationship with UKIP, a party I feel are dead in the water. He seems to be doubling down from what I can see and believes they can rise from the Batten ashes, I have my doubts but hey, he's on the inside I'm not.
As for Jim Mr. Metakour (spl) I think the man is an insufferable bore.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Driftless wrote:
John D wrote:
MarcusAu wrote: Since it was mentioned the recently - here is Jim's take on Sargon's political shenanigans...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUP3zJcRwG0
Holy shit... that was great. I used to listen to Sargon once in a while. I would say that about a year or two ago he was kind of interesting.... but.... I have not made it through one of his videos in ages. It is really kind of fun (in a sick sort of way) to watch him destroy himself. I'm glad I am an engineer. A good solid profession where you make things and try to build stuff.

I watched "This Week in Stupid" for a while, probably more than a year ago. I have generally stopped watching videos where someone is reading newspaper articles because I can read faster than they can talk so I spend the entire video thinking that if I just had the link to the article I could read it myself. I skip through Tim Pool's videos for the same reason.

The thing Metokur is doing is lying to you & willfully defaming Sargon. And (John D), Sargon isn't 'destroying himself'. He's being actively destroyed by bad-actors, including the media & Metokur.

Look at the screencap at 8m37s of Metokur's video. Metokur knows damn-well that the article is Fake News, selectively-editing Sargon's view on children having sex-- to fabricate a scandal out of nothing. And Metokur maliciously edits his video to make the same false claim against Sargon.

Sargon's actual position is firmly in-favor of the UK's current age of consent: 16 years. When faced with Justicar, Amos Yee or Milo (all who claimed that Some kids are competent to have sex before age 16) ...Sargon's rebuttal was clear & firm: since many kids Cannot safely have sex before that age/ and it's hard or impossible to tell before-the-fact which kid might be the exception/ the best thing to do is keep the age as high as it is... too err on the side of safety. Sargon is against fucking kids, full stop.

There's NOTHING creepy or controversial about Sargon's position. The news-flurry was pure character assassination by a corrupt media. Metokur's motive is that Metokur thinks Sargon is being too self-important-- for trying to expand beyond YouTube to IRL political influence... first through Sargon's attempt to propagate the term "Liberalist", then by Sargon's joining UKIP and standing for office. Metokur is should either mind his own business-- or do a much better job of heckling Sargon. When he goes after Sargon, Metokur's wit consistently drops to the level of jackanapes like Andy Warski or Richard Spencer.

Keating

Post by Keating »

That's what I meant by Sargon's Jihad. Sargon had that "Hello Jim" stream where he implied Jim was grooming children. I think Metokur is only throwing the shit back.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Keating wrote: That's what I meant by Sargon's Jihad. Sargon had that "Hello Jim" stream where he implied Jim was grooming children. I think Metokur is only throwing the shit back.
No... it goes back further. Back, during GamerGate, when he was called 'Internet Aristocrat'-- Metokur's attracted a swarm of GamerGate guys, who wanted him to be a 'leader' in more than snark & charisma. Metokur scoffed at any pretentions of GamerGate being a springboard to an IRL movement, abdicating the role. Metokur saw Sargon as being too-much on the 'this is serious business' side/ not sheerly 'in it for the lulz'. The feud escalated when Sargon mistook the Internet Blood Sports crew for a serious debating society-- and when Metokur & the Bloodsports retards took the edgelord dabbling-in-white-nationalism side against Sargon's hey-guys-racism-is-wrong nerdishness. Some of Sargon's limpest moments were against Metokur... and Metokur's anti-Sargon stuff never delivers the goods.

I think Metokur makes anti-Sargon videos when the moment-is-ripe to attack... rather than waiting for when Metokur actually has ammo to roast Sargon.

Keating

Post by Keating »

That's definitely true. It's become personal for Metokur. If he has anything that triggers him, it's child abuse. That's the only time I've heard him become seriously angry. Makes sense considering his history almost becoming a teacher.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

InfraRedBucket wrote:
It was reflex, and definitely not right.

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

KiwiInOz wrote:
InfraRedBucket wrote:
Keep this up and someone's neck will end up in the hypotenuse.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Illuminating & enjoyable interview with Douglas Murray:

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Driftless wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 5:38 pm
KiwiInOz wrote:
InfraRedBucket wrote:
Keep this up and someone's neck will end up in the hypotenuse.
There's three positions on this issue.

So, if you must argue technical details with other geeks - make sure that you are equal to the sum of the squares on the other two sides.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

It turns out that acting like an "online shitlord" isn't really that productive as a political project. Following the lead of Donald Trump in the UK also wasn't the smartest political idea ever.

But who could have thought that. Who could have thought that becoming obsessed with an audience interested mainly in "owning the libs" instead of discussing issues and trying to come up with reasonable political plans, or alienting former friends from Kyle Kulinski to Thuderfoot, would have led to such a disaster. Who could have thought that imitating Donald Trump wouldn't work in the UK.

But I see that for some people it's the Evil Mainstream Media who are to blame. Not the fact that Sargon became famous (and deliberately sought fame) for his "anti rape jokes" and for using racial slurs to be "edgy". Or the fact that he obsessed over online drama instead of focusing on political issues that matter to people who aren't "culture war veterans".

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Success has a thousand fathers - but failure is a bastard (as the old saying goes).

In the end Benjamin did not have the level of cool composure to argue the issues without letting the media get under his skin. Making it easy for him to be portrayed as a self-centred egoist.

Someone with a better grasp of rhetoric - may have been able to flip the 'rape' issue to talking about Rotherham and grooming gangs - and make the point of under what circumstances the media feels it appropriate to press the issue and when it is necessary to fall silent. But (at least currently) it appears it was not in his skill set.

Chalk it up to experience I suppose.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Both can be true.

Sargon's biggest problem is, as, ironically, Richard Spencer put it, he thinks he's much more intelligent then he actually is. Trump, of course, did apologise for "locker room talk", so Sargon's claim that he was just imitating the Trumpian model is already suspect.

It can also be true that the Evil Mainstream Media were to blame. There is at least one solid instance of a major outlet using a sound recording that was stitched together from several conversations to make Sargon out to be approving of child rape. Whether the sound recording was stitched together by the media (unlikely), or simply passed to the outlet and they published it without checking (probably), is beside the point. Either case shows media incompetence in an attempt to smear someone they didn't like.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

That reminds me - did Justicar ever pipe up with his thoughts on Sargon's 'Age of Consent' issues?

Sargo should have kept receipts - cause that is where a lot of his problems stemmed from. (Though I'm sure the 'Russian Deadpool' streams could have been shifted for clips too).

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Kirbmarc wrote:
But I see that for some people it's the Evil Mainstream Media who are to blame.
You're too eager to create a 'some people' category, then apply a simplistic one-size-fits-all dismissal.

The way journalists dealt with Sargon was obviously absurd. And Jess Phillips' attempt to get an opposing-party's candidate banned from running for office-- was obviously contrary to the very concept of 'an election'.

If you have to dance-around the obvious & invent an enemy-category... to feel-better about your beliefs... it's time to re-think your worldview.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Sargon's youtube channel being de-monetized mid-election is also noteworthy. It looks like a chilling-effect dirty-trick attack-- on a dissenting voice from a minority party, for daring to participate in the peaceful, orderly civil process.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Looks like 'ol Sargy has caught the politics bug. 'The Twenty Year Plan' (sounds a bit Khmer Rouge to me) :?

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Service Dog wrote: Sargon's youtube channel being de-monetized mid-election is also noteworthy. It looks like a chilling-effect dirty-trick attack-- on a dissenting voice from a minority party, for daring to participate in the peaceful, orderly civil process.
Plus his twitter campaign account being shut down. Along with Tommy Robinson campaign account and the For Britain official twitter account being suspended also (albeit FB didn't campaign in the EU election) this is a clear case of political interference by a foreign power. Of which of course the UK Govt. will say fuck all about.

John D

Post by John D »

This is interesting in my opinion -

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Keating wrote: Sargon's biggest problem is, as, ironically, Richard Spencer put it, he thinks he's much more intelligent then he actually is.
Or he's just not slippery enough in argument.

Spencer reminds me of William Lane Craig. They both come from positions of absolute bollocks, but trying to nail them down in an argument is as difficult as hell because they're both slippery, oily, disingenuous fuckers. They're both very clever, but in the service of idiocies.

And kudos to Sarg, at least, for getting out there and fighting in a real political arena, rather than sticking to some internet circle-jerk like Meteorkur or whatever the fuck he is. 'Hurrr durrr SarGONE lost an election hurrr' - like dude, what the fuck have you ever done outside your basement?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Sargon is played out. I can't wait til Sticky Dickey runs for office.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

I forgot what a massive cunt Aneris is.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Oh Christ, now Kukla Kirbmarc has shown up. I'm being squeezed between giant tendentious Walls O' Text.

John D

Post by John D »

Service Dog wrote:

The thing Metokur is doing is lying to you & willfully defaming Sargon. And (John D), Sargon isn't 'destroying himself'. He's being actively destroyed by bad-actors, including the media & Metokur.
I agree that the media etc. are spinning Sarg in a certain way, but this is the lane that he has to drive in. If he continues to act like a trolling blogger he will never get political support. His style and history does not translate directly into a successful run for office. I have no doubt Metokur is an ass-wipe and mostly making cheap shots. In a way though, Sarg is destroying himself through his behavior. I am not saying any of it is fair.... but life ain't fair.

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Seriously, what the fuck led Aneris the Flouncer to think it was a grand idea to tangle with me? Defending his halal-coalburning Lumpenhausfrau, no less.

If you are not a hard core Stalinist, you are a fascist now, what the fuck is this shit.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Oh Christ, now Kukla Kirbmarc has shown up. I'm being squeezed between giant tendentious Walls O' Text.
They're both authoritarian cunts. They appear to espouse genuine liberal, sometimes progressive positions, but when push comes to shove, you can't take the self-righteous, tin-eared totalitarian out of either of them. I've always felt that there is an underlying "fuck you" core of that whenever I've visited Cloud Cuckoo-Clock Land. Admittedly, I've only been to the Bernese Oberland more than once. I LOVE the Interlaken region, with all the small railways and the fantastic views and hiking, but Switzerland could do with a whole lot less fucking Swiss...

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Seriously, what the fuck led Aneris the Flouncer to think it was a grand idea to tangle with me? Defending his halal-coalburning Lumpenhausfrau, no less.

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Oh Christ, now Kukla Kirbmarc has shown up. I'm being squeezed between giant tendentious Walls O' Text.
The Flouncer and the Forehead - I like that!

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Lsuoma wrote:
They're both authoritarian cunts. They appear to espouse genuine liberal, sometimes progressive positions, but when push comes to shove, you can't take the self-righteous, tin-eared totalitarian out of either of them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2y8Sx4B2Sk

Disagreeing with your lt-right shtick means that someone is "totalitarian". Or maybe it's long posts with reference to evidence? That's what totalitarian means, according to you?

Plese, tell me this is just some big trolling caper. If it is, hat's off. It's hilarious.

If you're serious...well, there was this guy named PZ Myers who called people who disagreed with him rape apologists, or providers of a haven for rapists. Perhaps you should be pls. You seem to have a lot in common.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

John D wrote:
I agree that the media etc. are spinning Sarg in a certain way, but this is the lane that he has to drive in. If he continues to act like a trolling blogger he will never get political support. His style and history does not translate directly into a successful run for office. I have no doubt Metokur is an ass-wipe and mostly making cheap shots. In a way though, Sarg is destroying himself through his behavior. I am not saying any of it is fair.... but life ain't fair.
I am reminded of Milo's recent video with Jordan Peterson. Peterson framed the encounter as a therapy/confession session, in which Milo would be rehabilitated from having said something-wrong. Milo accepted Peterson's framing long-enough to make it clear Milo wasn't in-denial or afraid of hearing Peterson's critique. But then Milo rejected Peterson's premise that Milo's downfall was due-to any misstep by Milo. Milo was eliminated because his enemies had a strategic reason to do-so at that particular moment. Same with Sargon.

In the case of Sargon, my opinion is also influenced by a week of Michael Malice guesting on the Tom Woods show.

Malice described how public schools pay lip-service to 'anti-bullying', in campaigns which amount to nothing-more than putting-up a few posters in the school. But the instant the traditional victims of school bullying (nerds) deviate from the progressive party-line (such as gamergate)... the liberals immediately deem the internet-nerds to be incels, toxic, school shooters, sex offenders, racist, misogynist, homophobic-- a threat which must be suppressed.

Sargon is exactly-that gamer-nerd. And figures Sargon would-like to align with-- like Farage-- aren't going to risk their entire agenda to stand-up for Sargon/ even if the attacks on Sargon are unfounded. So Sargon would not have benefited from conducting himself like a less of a troll. He would merely have rendered himself ignore-able. And, if he managed to catch attention-- he would have been smeared as a troll, anyway.

At one point, describing the alt-right, Malice says they may-indeed be all the unsavory things the Left claims they are... dangerous racist deviant lowlifes. Even if that's true... they still exist. In a democratic system, their votes count like anyone-else's. Unless we're ready to abandon democracy, they're still a demographic.

By 'investing in' Dankula, Tommy Robinson, & Sargon... UKIP may have done the one thing that can ensure party-survival thru lean-times: they've taken a stand to represent a body of citizenry nobody-else will claim. Standing for a constituency means a party can't be eradicated unless their constituency is eliminated. Internet shitlords exist. Sargon has taken enough lumps to prove he's truly one-of-them-- in deed, not just word. It's a starting-point, even if it wasn't a path to victory in this one election.

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

What do you suppose the odds are that these guys have some weed laying about?
https://www.weau.com/content/news/Sever ... 62291.html

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

At one point, describing the alt-right, Malice says they may-indeed be all the unsavory things the Left claims they are... dangerous racist deviant lowlifes. Even if that's true... they still exist. In a democratic system, their votes count like anyone-else's. Unless we're ready to abandon democracy, they're still a demographic.

By 'investing in' Dankula, Tommy Robinson, & Sargon... UKIP may have done the one thing that can ensure party-survival thru lean-times: they've taken a stand to represent a body of citizenry nobody-else will claim. Standing for a constituency means a party can't be eradicated unless their constituency is eliminated. Internet shitlords exist. Sargon has taken enough lumps to prove he's truly one-of-them-- in deed, not just word. It's a starting-point, even if it wasn't a path to victory in this one election.
"At one point, describing theocratic, reactionary muslims, I say that they may-indeed be all the unsavory things anyone claims they are... dangerous rectionary bigoted lowlifes. Even if that's true... they still exist. In a democratic system, their votes count like anyone-else's. Unless we're ready to abandon democracy, they're still a demographic.

By 'investing in' supporting every muslim rectionary they could find... George Galloway and the Respect Party may have done the one thing that can ensure party-survival thru lean-times: they've taken a stand to represent a body of citizenry nobody-else will claim. Standing for a constituency means a party can't be eradicated unless their constituency is eliminated. Islamic theocracy fans exist.Galloway has taken enough lumps to prove he's truly on their side, in deed, not just word. It's a starting-point, even if it wasn't a path to victory in this one election."

Seems legit. :bjarte:

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

TheMudbrooker wrote: What do you suppose the odds are that these guys have some weed laying about?
Funny thing is long ago Madison decriminalized possession of less than 1 oz. I think it was equivalent to having an open alcoholic beverage. Everything was fine until the federal war on drugs made everyone re-criminalize. Something must have happened to make these guys impossible to keep ignoring.

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

Driftless wrote:
TheMudbrooker wrote: What do you suppose the odds are that these guys have some weed laying about?
Funny thing is long ago Madison decriminalized possession of less than 1 oz. I think it was equivalent to having an open alcoholic beverage. Everything was fine until the federal war on drugs made everyone re-criminalize. Something must have happened to make these guys impossible to keep ignoring.
Well, the neon "cannabis" sign, the pot leaf painted on the window, the cease and desist order they were given and the fact that they were selling marijuana over the counter might have had something to do with it. Some cities in Wisconsin have made simple possession a minor offense with a small fine but pot is still illegal for all reasons (no medical marijuana for us) and sale is verboten.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Where would we be without Trumpistan? The Dept of Energy are now exporting Freedom Gas and molecules of freedom.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

TheMudbrooker wrote:
Driftless wrote:
Well, the neon "cannabis" sign, the pot leaf painted on the window, the cease and desist order they were given and the fact that they were selling marijuana over the counter might have had something to do with it. Some cities in Wisconsin have made simple possession a minor offense with a small fine but pot is still illegal for all reasons (no medical marijuana for us) and sale is verboten.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 2:15 pm
ThEy iNsUrEd tHe sUrViVaL oF tHe UkIP:

Ukip lose all MEPs as support for party collapses without Nigel Farage

So, your theory is, having lost in this election, UKIP voters are going to just go-away now?

John D

Post by John D »

Gad Saad is usually kind of boring in my opinion.... but this is pretty funny if you ask me.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Tigzy wrote: They both come from positions of absolute bollocks, but trying to nail them down in an argument is as difficult as hell because they're both slippery, oily, disingenuous fuckers.
That's why it was ironic. Sargon thinks because he's read a few books, he is intellectually unassailable and all his positions are obviously correct. I'm not saying he's political positions are necessarily wrong, just that he's incredibly naive about the way people work and the way politics is played.
And kudos to Sarg, at least, for getting out there and fighting in a real political arena, rather than sticking to some internet circle-jerk like Meteorkur or whatever the fuck he is.
Sure. Sargon's mistake there was poking Jim in the first place. Jim would have paid him very little attention if Sargon hadn't grabbed him by the tail and given him a good yank. Sargon thought that he could turn a nihilist into a real world activist ally. That was never going to work. Jim understands that he has a small audience who like to laugh at fucked up shit and there is almost no way that can be transferred into the real world.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Kirbmarc wrote: Disagreeing with your lt-right shtick means that someone is "totalitarian". Or maybe it's long posts with reference to evidence? That's what totalitarian means, according to you?
This is irony. Probably unintentional. Look, I get where you're coming from, but you're just as prone to the "everyone who disagrees with me is bad" trope.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Service Dog wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:

So, your theory is, having lost in this election, UKIP voters are going to just go-away now?
They have the Brexit party as a far more "respectable" identity.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Service Dog wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:

They have the Brexit party as a far more "respectable" identity.
And PART of it (not ALL of it, of course) is due to Sargon unwittingly getting the UKIP associated with rape and racist slurs.

People resigned from the party because of him, or at least using him as a convenient excuse. That's...pretty bad. He's become the proverbial albatross around their necks, associated to them in every interview. That's really bad.

Trying to spin this as a win because "he'll always have the gamers" is a bold strategy on your part, but it's like trying to spin losing your job as "a chance to have more free time".

Maybe the UKIP will bounce back. But they'll very likely politely ask Carl Benjamin not to run again.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Keating wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote: Disagreeing with your lt-right shtick means that someone is "totalitarian". Or maybe it's long posts with reference to evidence? That's what totalitarian means, according to you?
This is irony. Probably unintentional. Look, I get where you're coming from, but you're just as prone to the "everyone who disagrees with me is bad" trope.
Calling long posts with references and arguments "totalitarian" is quite a bit insane. Virtual gulags, oh my.

It's not that I think that ALL the identitarian/alt-right/alt-"lite" fans are MORALLY bad. I understand the fear of reactionary islam, the concerns for the inactions of an apathetic government, the concerns about problems of integration.

The thing that I really, really don't see as rational is the apocalyptic mindset, the idea of incoming doom, of the "death of Europe" of the "Great Replacement" .

It's probably a powerful emotional thing, tribalism and whatnot. But it's just not rational to believe that skin color and ethnicity are the measure of all things, or that changes in ethnicity in some country mean certain doom ("death", "suicide", "genocide", etc).

There's no reasonable solution from this approach. You can't "go back" to the past. You can't "completely stop" or even "reverse" immigration. Not peacefully or without installing a dictatorship anyway.

You CAN regulate it, control it (even though it has its costs) but the idea that you can reverse the process peacefully is a pie-in-the-sky dream, and associating with those who preach this "white identity" thing, even if your ideas are less extreme, is political poison at best, outright working to break down the system at worst.

It's similar to how the radical feminists spin the fact that men commit more murders than women pro capita than men as evidence of "Patriarchy" and then try to blame video games or flirting for that.

It's emotionally appealing, I get it, but just not a rational strategy IF you care about sanity and the socio-economic/political system as we know it.

If, of course, you don't give a shit about individual rights, or liberal democratic principles, and would prefer a femminist communist utopia, or a fascist ethnostate, than it's another thing.

But then you don't really get to call your critics "totalitarian" for long posts where they disagree when you're supporting ideas which are pretty close to totalitarian ideas yourself.

And yes, IF you want these things,(which I DON'T think even most SocJus fans or alt-whatever fans REALLY want) you're pretty bad.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Pretty much proving my point. ;)

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Keating wrote:
Calling long posts with references and arguments "totalitarian" is quite a bit insane. Virtual gulags, oh my.

It's not that I think that ALL the identitarian/alt-right/alt-"lite" fans are MORALLY bad. I understand the fear of reactionary islam, the concerns for the inactions of an apathetic government, the concerns about problems of integration.

The thing that I really, really don't see as rational is the apocalyptic mindset, the idea of incoming doom, of the "death of Europe" of the "Great Replacement" .

It's probably a powerful emotional thing, tribalism and whatnot. But it's just not rational to believe that skin color and ethnicity are the measure of all things, or that changes in ethnicity in some country mean certain doom ("death", "suicide", "genocide", etc).

There's no reasonable solution from this approach. You can't "go back" to the past. You can't "completely stop" or even "reverse" immigration. Not peacefully or without installing a dictatorship anyway.

You CAN regulate it, control it (even though it has its costs) but the idea that you can reverse the process peacefully is a pie-in-the-sky dream, and associating with those who preach this "white identity" thing, even if your ideas are less extreme, is political poison at best, outright working to break down the system at worst.

It's similar to how the radical feminists spin the fact that men commit more murders than women pro capita than men as evidence of "Patriarchy" and then try to blame video games or flirting for that.

It's emotionally appealing, I get it, but just not a rational strategy IF you care about sanity and the socio-economic/political system as we know it.

If, of course, you don't give a shit about individual rights, or liberal democratic principles, and would prefer a femminist communist utopia, or a fascist ethnostate, than it's another thing.

But then you don't really get to call your critics "totalitarian" for long posts where they disagree when you're supporting ideas which are pretty close to totalitarian ideas yourself.

And yes, IF you want these things,(which I DON'T think even most SocJus fans or alt-whatever fans REALLY want) you're pretty bad.
Kirb, I'm going to say something and even though on the surface it may seem...rude, I really hope you mull it over and arrive at a more charitable conclusion. Ready?

If I had the political power and legal backing, I'd have you dragged into the street, beaten with batons, kerb-stomped then shot behind the ear with a 9mm pistol (x3 rounds). All of this done whilst your family is forced to watch before being loaded into a rocket and fired into the heart of the sun.

It's my way or into the compost you go.

(See? I can be subtle as fuck, me!)

Now, where's that nurse with me happy pills and a fresh bedpan? :think:

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Bloody hell, you're profligate with Government funds Bhurzum. The family should pay for the 3 x 9mm rounds.