Page 3 of 7

Re: The Brive, CFB, and FTP Shitposting Thread (Yawn...)

Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:44 am
by shoutinghorse
Brive1987 wrote:
Proper willy tingling nutters. :doh:


Re: The Brive, CFB, and FTP Shitposting Thread (Yawn...)

Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:29 am
by Brive1987

Re: The Brive, CFB, and FTP Shitposting Thread (Yawn...)

Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:30 am
by Brive1987
Not so nice.


Re: The Brive, CFB, and FTP Shitposting Thread (Yawn...)

Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:38 am
by mordacious1
In former Soviet Union, we don’t need models. We import real thing:
http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/25 ... -this-year

Re: The Brive, CFB, and FTP Shitposting Thread (Yawn...)

Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:53 am
by MarcusAu
Some of those models seem a bit National Socialist...

Re: The Brive, CFB, and FTP Shitposting Thread (Yawn...)

Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:56 am
by Pseudomonas
shoutinghorse wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:13 am

Anyway, the mugfriend is taking her to Hawaii soon for big surf and wedding bells ????
Shame that none of the Hawaian volcanoes are erupting at the moment...

Pseudomonas

Re: The Brive, CFB, and FTP Shitposting Thread (Yawn...)

Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:40 am
by Brive1987
MarcusAu wrote: Some of those models seem a bit National Socialist...
The old 1:72 1970 Nazis never get old.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-VCWnp5fY6sI/U ... G_6816.JPG

Re: The Brive, CFB, and FTP Shitposting Thread (Yawn...)

Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:13 am
by Brive1987
mordacious1 wrote:
In former Soviet Union, we don’t need models. We import real thing:
http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/25 ... -this-year
I’m almost certain that T34s took on Shermans in the Arab Israeli wars .... it’d have been a one horse race apart from the Arab modifier.

On that front ‘there has been only war’.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-rgaO ... Sahara.jpg

And just to complete the magic trip here are some Soviet Sherman’s in Vienna.

https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-3 ... 5e722ddc-c

Re: The Brive, CFB, and FTP Shitposting Thread (Yawn...)

Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:44 am
by John D
I built that Westland Lynx helicopter model and the F-14 Tomcat.

Re: The Brive, CFB, and FTP Shitposting Thread (Yawn...)

Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:34 am
by Lsuoma

Re: The Brive, CFB, and FTP Shitposting Thread (Yawn...)

Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:36 am
by Lsuoma

Code: Select all

https://www.amazon.com/Sixty-Years-Airfix-Models-Jeremy-ebook/dp/B00V2JYVNA/

Re: The Brive, CFB, and FTP Shitposting Thread (Yawn...)

Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:37 am
by MarcusAu
So has there been anything on the SJW-radar about R. Kelly?

His dogey-ness would seem to be on a par with Harvey Weinstein at the very least.

Re: The Brive, CFB, and FTP Shitposting Thread (Yawn...)

Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:38 am
by Lsuoma
MarcusAu wrote: So has there been anything on the SJW-radar about R. Kelly?

His dogey-ness would seem to be on a par with Harvey Weinstein at the very least.
bbc has this

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-46808599

Re: The Brive, CFB, and FTP Shitposting Thread (Yawn...)

Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:43 am
by MarcusAu
What do you mean 'bbc' ?

Re: The Brive, CFB, and FTP Shitposting Thread (Yawn...)

Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:51 am
by Lsuoma
ISWYTD

Re: The Brive, CFB, and FTP Shitposting Thread (Yawn...)

Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:51 am
by Lsuoma
ISWYDT

Re: The Brive, CFB, and FTP Shitposting Thread (Yawn...)

Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:53 am
by Ape+lust
Tucker Carlson is making a bit of a stir with one of his nightly monologues, this one criticizing the American ruling class' cultish devotion to free markets and their neglect of men's and consequently, families' well-being.

https://i.imgur.com/meVY9TQ.png

https://i.imgur.com/Pd7txSt.png

https://theweek.com/articles/816134/tuc ... ree-market


Re: The Brive, CFB, and FTP Shitposting Thread (Yawn...)

Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:00 am
by Sunder
Ape+lust wrote: Peez is slobbering at the prospect of Peter Boghossian possibly borking his career:

https://i.imgur.com/yTLPDQE.png

http://archive.is/bgw1N

I don't recall Peez ever raising those objections to a garbage-submission hoax, including Sokal's. Slander? Wasting time? Really?
Meanwhile Peez's former lawyer Ken White retweeted this:


Re: The Brive, CFB, and FTP Shitposting Thread (Yawn...)

Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:39 am
by Matt Cavanaugh
Brive1987 wrote:
MarcusAu wrote: Some of those models seem a bit National Socialist...
The old 1:72 1970 Nazis never get old.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-VCWnp5fY6sI/U ... G_6816.JPG
I had that set. The officer once played a role in a D&D adventure, stayed a dragon played by a Wooly Mammoth.

Re: The Brive, CFB, and FTP Shitposting Thread (Yawn...)

Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:44 am
by mordacious1
Ape
Tucker doesn’t have a problem with free market economies, he’s for them. His main point is that FME should be a tool used to improve the lives of citizens and should not be treated as some sort of god worshiped by all. It’s a means to an end, not the end itself. He’s been making some good points on the subject all week.

Re: The Brive, CFB, and FTP Shitposting Thread (Yawn...)

Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:47 am
by MarcusAu
It's the conservative criticism of capitalism- ie that an unbridled FME is disruptive to traditional communities.

See also - Peter Hitchens.

Re: The Brive, CFB, and FTP Shitposting Thread (Yawn...)

Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:59 am
by Matt Cavanaugh
I had their He 177, too. I wrote a letter to Airfix in the UK about how one of my kittens batted around one of the canopy pieces and they sent me another one. What wonderful people.

Re: The Brive, CFB, and FTP Shitposting Thread (Yawn...)

Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:51 am
by Matt Cavanaugh
Carlson nails it. The elite of both US parties* have been fucking over normal folks for decades. The Dems are open about favoring their pet minorities over working class whites, while the GOPs have skated along by pretending to care.

I think Carlson is overoptimistic about the GOP reforming. What's required is a third party (or a third and fourth parties), as the elites are too deeply entrenched in the Dem & GOP oligarchy to be overcome, much less expelled.


* This holds true for the main parties of all western nations. Only in Italy have the new parties I envision come to the fore.

Re: The Brive, CFB, and FTP Shitposting Thread (Yawn...)

Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:49 am
by MarcusAu

Re: The Brive, CFB, and FTP Shitposting Thread (Yawn...)

Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:00 pm
by Steersman
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Carlson nails it. The elite of both US parties* have been fucking over normal folks for decades. The Dems are open about favoring their pet minorities over working class whites, while the GOPs have skated along by pretending to care.

I think Carlson is overoptimistic about the GOP reforming. What's required is a third party (or a third and fourth parties), as the elites are too deeply entrenched in the Dem & GOP oligarchy to be overcome, much less expelled.


* This holds true for the main parties of all western nations. Only in Italy have the new parties I envision come to the fore.
Amen to that. While there's egregious hypocrisy on both sides, that coming from the Democrats on "Da Wall (!!11!!)" is particularly odious:



And Trump is only too ready, willing, and able to make political hay out of that.

Re: The Brive, CFB, and FTP Shitposting Thread (Yawn...)

Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:15 pm
by Brive1987
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
I had their He 177, too. I wrote a letter to Airfix in the UK about how one of my kittens batted around one of the canopy pieces and they sent me another one. What wonderful people.
I had quite a full set of ships, tanks, aircraft and figures. HMS Belfast was reputed to have maximum parts/detail. And who could forget the cool Eighth Army vickers?

Re: The Brive, CFB, and FTP Shitposting Thread (Yawn...)

Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:17 pm
by Brive1987
Ape+lust wrote: Tucker Carlson is making a bit of a stir with one of his nightly monologues, this one criticizing the American ruling class' cultish devotion to free markets and their neglect of men's and consequently, families' well-being.

[im..g]https://i.imgur.com/meVY9TQ.png[/img]

[..img]https://i.imgur.com/Pd7txSt.png[/img]

https..://theweek.com/articles/816134/tucker-carlson-fired-first-shot-conservatives-civil-war-over-free-market

https..://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSuQ-AyiicA
Very interesting clip. Keating ninja’ed this in the Ethnostate thread.

There’s probably a bit more than just economics undermining the family though.

Re: The Brive, CFB, and FTP Shitposting Thread (Yawn...)

Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:19 pm
by AndrewV69
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:51 am
Carlson nails it. The elite of both US parties* have been fucking over normal folks for decades. The Dems are open about favoring their pet minorities over working class whites, while the GOPs have skated along by pretending to care.

I think Carlson is overoptimistic about the GOP reforming. What's required is a third party (or a third and fourth parties), as the elites are too deeply entrenched in the Dem & GOP oligarchy to be overcome, much less expelled.


* This holds true for the main parties of all western nations. Only in Italy have the new parties I envision come to the fore.
Yes, pretty much so on all counts. It has been pretty oblivious that the US elites have long since given up even pretending that they care about their subjects.

Here in Canukistan they still pretend somewhat, but the wheels are starting to come off that notion too.

Re: The Brive, CFB, and FTP Shitposting Thread (Yawn...)

Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:22 pm
by Steersman
MarcusAu wrote: What do you mean 'bbc' ?
Not quite sure what you did there ... ;-) , but apropos of which:





BBC: Brainwashing Britain?: How and why the BBC controls your mind

Re: The Brive, CFB, and FTP Shitposting Thread (Yawn...)

Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:40 pm
by Steersman
AndrewV69 wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:51 am
Carlson nails it. The elite of both US parties* have been fucking over normal folks for decades. The Dems are open about favoring their pet minorities over working class whites, while the GOPs have skated along by pretending to care.

I think Carlson is overoptimistic about the GOP reforming. What's required is a third party (or a third and fourth parties), as the elites are too deeply entrenched in the Dem & GOP oligarchy to be overcome, much less expelled.


* This holds true for the main parties of all western nations. Only in Italy have the new parties I envision come to the fore.
Yes, pretty much so on all counts. It has been pretty oblivious that the US elites have long since given up even pretending that they care about their subjects.

Here in Canukistan they still pretend somewhat, but the wheels are starting to come off that notion too.
Indeed. Some further evidence of that:



Radio-Canada accused of racism for parody mocking Trudeau's India trip

Re: The Brive, CFB, and FTP Shitposting Thread (Yawn...)

Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:24 pm
by screwtape

Re: The Brive, CFB, and FTP Shitposting Thread (Yawn...)

Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:30 pm
by MarcusAu
Of course.

Some of DeForest Kelly's best work.

Re: The Brive, CFB, and FTP Shitposting Thread (Yawn...)

Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:02 pm
by free thoughtpolice
That story is so 2 days ago. :P
viewtopic.php?p=482220#p482220

Re: The Brive, CFB, and FTP Shitposting Thread (Yawn...)

Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:05 pm
by Brive1987
A shorter version of the Tucker monologue:


Re: The Brive, CFB, and FTP Shitposting Thread (Yawn...)

Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:19 pm
by CommanderTuvok
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:26 pm
You mean Elyse Mofugly Anders-Wochiezciwski? Head of Skepchick's Grounded Parents initiative? Who accused Shermer of aural rape for whispering in her ear without consent? Who turned out to be a pill-popping, box wine chugging junkie? Who instagrammed pix of herself puking and shitting? Who declared herself polyfuckerist and went out on Tinder dates five nights a week while her sad sack hubby stayed home and minded the kids? Who traumatized the kids every morning after by telling them that 'mommy was raped again last night'? Who claimed to have been raped three times by a masked stranger living hiding in the bushes next to their driveway? Who went apeshit kicking, scratching & biting at the hospital when they tried to do a rape kit on her? Who got arrested for cold-cocking sad sack hubby and putting him in the hospital? Who finally admitted that all those tinder dates / rapes were actually tricks cuz she's a professional skank ho?
Lol. Yeah, that twas her. What a psycho. I've got money on her being the focus of a future episode of "Snapped", or "Women Who Kill".

Re: The Brive, CFB, and FTP Shitposting Thread (Yawn...)

Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:45 pm
by MarcusAu

Re: The Brive, CFB, and FTP Shitposting Thread (Yawn...)

Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:46 pm
by Matt Cavanaugh
Brive1987 wrote: A shorter version of the Tucker monologue:

Hey cut Macron some slack -- he has step kids who are older than himself.


Oh and one thing about that stud Orban -- he throws true.

Re: The Brive, CFB, and FTP Shitposting Thread (Yawn...)

Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:54 pm
by MarcusAu
There's definitely a resemblance...

...between the children and their mother.

Re: The Brive, CFB, and FTP Shitposting Thread (Yawn...)

Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:59 pm
by shoutinghorse
Mutter Merkel has millions of kids, all boys.

https://i.imgur.com/YvX7RMA.jpg

Re: The Brive, CFB, and FTP Shitposting Thread (Yawn...)

Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:04 pm
by KiwiInOz
MarcusAu wrote:
The USA truly is the land of business opportunities. Find your niche and you can wipe the market.

Re: The Brive, CFB, and FTP Shitposting Thread (Yawn...)

Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:42 pm
by Driftless
KiwiInOz wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:
The USA truly is the land of business opportunities. Find your niche and you can wipe the market.
KiwiInOz wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:
The USA truly is the land of business opportunities. Find your niche and you can wipe the market.
Just know that sometimes you have to work with assholes.

Re: The Brive, CFB, and FTP Shitposting Thread (Yawn...)

Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:12 pm
by Brive1987
Finally watched Black Panther last night (‘free’ on Stan).

Meh.

Some elements were self consciously painful:

The South African Gollum
“Another broken white boy to fix”
“Colonisers”
“2 billion oppressed people who look like me and need saving”
The Wakandaian department of social justice - saving the blacks one basketball court at a time
Token white dude whose sole job was to gape in awe and have his hubris deflated

Then there was the tribe who literally chimped out at every opportunity like a 4 year old at the zoo. :?


But really. The weirdest thing was the back slapping utopia based off nothing that has ever existed in any form whatsoever. It’s not like Wakanda is a credible derivation of the Shaka Zulu milieu

It’s as if they took the fruits of western civilisation, went all Buck Rogers and then wacked on some thatched roofs, added some grunts plus a dirt road for hopeful camouflage. All with a smug “gotcha” inflection.

Very odd.

Re: The Brive, CFB, and FTP Shitposting Thread (Yawn...)

Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:40 pm
by Steersman
LiveStream: Gender Identity Ideology and Women's Rights: A talk and Q&A; Meghan Murphy at VPL


Re: The Brive, CFB, and FTP Shitposting Thread (Yawn...)

Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:54 pm
by dogen
AndrewV69 wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:50 pm
MarcusAu wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:06 pm
AndrewV69 wrote: Back in December 1999 (30th) I bought an "Adventure Medical Kit" for $63.24 (I still have the receipt) as part of my personal Y2K preparedness

The kit has lived in one car or the other ever since then. Then the other day I left the boot (trunk) open for a few hours (senior moment) while it was raining.

So I took everything inside to dry out, and among other things, I inspected the kit and found 9 LED flashlight (waterproof) and on a whim, unsealed the package, inserted the three AAA batteries and it worked.

I was slightly amazed, then impressed. Nineteen years. I do believe I am going to get some more of these batteries.
You should buy one to be buried with - in case you have an Edgar Allen Poe / Premature Burial (near) Post-Senior moment.

The knives might come in handy too.
That is sound advise!

Two days ago I ordered this Opinel OP01577 No 8 Outdoor Orange Knife to go along with the kit. (whistle built in plastic handle, 2.5 mm thick 12C27 sandvik steel blade )

https://images.knifecenter.com/knifecen ... P5177n.jpg

Now I have a solid reason to do as you suggest and get one more.
A real man would buy a traditional (wooden handle) Opinel and whittle the whistle from the femur of the mountain lion he just killed.

Re: The Brive, CFB, and FTP Shitposting Thread (Yawn...)

Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:49 pm
by MarcusAu
Brive1987 wrote: Finally watched Black Panther last night (‘free’ on Stan).

Meh.

Some elements were self consciously painful:

The South African Gollum
“Another broken white boy to fix”
“Colonisers”
“2 billion oppressed people who look like me and need saving”
The Wakandaian department of social justice - saving the blacks one basketball court at a time
Token white dude whose sole job was to gape in awe and have his hubris deflated

Then there was the tribe who literally chimped out at every opportunity like a 4 year old at the zoo. :?


But really. The weirdest thing was the back slapping utopia based off nothing that has ever existed in any form whatsoever. It’s not like Wakanda is a credible derivation of the Shaka Zulu milieu

It’s as if they took the fruits of western civilisation, went all Buck Rogers and then wacked on some thatched roofs, added some grunts plus a dirt road for hopeful camouflage. All with a smug “gotcha” inflection.

Very odd.
I thought that the 'Advanced Technology' = 'Magic Beads' was rather distasteful (if not borderline racist).

But Stan Lee was not really the deepest thinker on economics or other issues when he came up with (or ripped off) the concept of an advanced African society for the 1960s comics books.

During one of the press junket interviews some of the actors expressed how keen they would be to live in an ethnostate like Wakanda.

Re: The Brive, CFB, and FTP Shitposting Thread (Yawn...)

Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:02 am
by Ape+lust

Re: The Brive, CFB, and FTP Shitposting Thread (Yawn...)

Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:12 am
by Brive1987
Heeheehe

It’s a dirty job ...

Re: The Brive, CFB, and FTP Shitposting Thread (Yawn...)

Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:21 am
by Ape+lust
Grifter discovers grifter.

https://i.imgur.com/Zto3PWM.png

TalcumX's tweet may be the most spectacular instance of un-self-awareness ever.


Re: The Brive, CFB, and FTP Shitposting Thread (Yawn...)

Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:52 am
by Ape+lust
Brive1987 wrote: Finally watched Black Panther last night (‘free’ on Stan).

Meh.

Some elements were self consciously painful:

The South African Gollum
“Another broken white boy to fix”
“Colonisers”
“2 billion oppressed people who look like me and need saving”
The Wakandaian department of social justice - saving the blacks one basketball court at a time
Token white dude whose sole job was to gape in awe and have his hubris deflated

Then there was the tribe who literally chimped out at every opportunity like a 4 year old at the zoo. :?


But really. The weirdest thing was the back slapping utopia based off nothing that has ever existed in any form whatsoever. It’s not like Wakanda is a credible derivation of the Shaka Zulu milieu

It’s as if they took the fruits of western civilisation, went all Buck Rogers and then wacked on some thatched roofs, added some grunts plus a dirt road for hopeful camouflage. All with a smug “gotcha” inflection.

Very odd.
I've borrowed it and the DVD has been sitting by my computer for weeks. I'm sure it's stuffed with woke goodness and that just makes me tired.

American blacks idealize Africa, they yearn for it. But you couldn't pay them enough money to live there. They're Americans, as out of place in Africa as any white American, and that really fucks with their heads. So, Africa is best as a promised land they'll never see, like Wakanda.

Re: The Brive, CFB, and FTP Shitposting Thread (Yawn...)

Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:52 am
by Hunt
Ape+lust wrote: American blacks idealize Africa, they yearn for it. But you couldn't pay them enough money to live there. They're Americans, as out of place in Africa as any white American, and that really fucks with their heads. So, Africa is best as a promised land they'll never see, like Wakanda.
As I recall, there was an episode of Wonders of the African World, which Henry Louis Gates appeared in in 1999 where he recounts a group of African American immigrants to some West African nation (I'd have to watch it again to say which) back in the 60s who threw all their passports into the ocean, and then a few days later were all searching the shore trying to find them again. Pretty amusing and sooo true. Often what you imagine in your mind is dismantled rapidly by reality. Few raised in 1st world conditions can take 3rd world conditions for very long. Not saying America is the land of milk and honey, particularly for black people; I know it isn't.

Re: The Brive, CFB, and FTP Shitposting Thread (Yawn...)

Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:40 am
by Brive1987
That Saudi chick is experiencing decision paralysis. So many first world countries to choose from.
However, The Australian is reporting tonight the UNHCR had withdrawn its referral to this country, and Ms al-Qunun has said Canada was her first choice for a new home.

Re: The Brive, CFB, and FTP Shitposting Thread (Yawn...)

Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:43 am
by MarcusAu
I see that Future Man Season 2 has been released.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meAKAcYGLog

For the benefit of Rayshul & the FT at least

Re: The Brive, CFB, and FTP Shitposting Thread (Yawn...)

Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:45 am
by MarcusAu
More new media...though I don't know who thought it was a good idea to have an American playing a Belgian - rather than someone from the UK.

Ridiculous!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwh09s7xLVg

Re: The Brive, CFB, and FTP Shitposting Thread (Yawn...)

Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:45 am
by Lsuoma
MarcusAu wrote: I see that Future Man Season 2 has been released.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meAKAcYGLog

For the benefit of Rayshul & the FT at least
Oh, man - I haven't finished watching the Orville yet (fires up utorrent...)

Re: The Brive, CFB, and FTP Shitposting Thread (Yawn...)

Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:52 am
by Lsuoma
Oh, and Apers? You're a sick fuck...

Re: The Brive, CFB, and FTP Shitposting Thread (Yawn...)

Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:31 am
by BoxNDox
MarcusAu wrote: More new media...though I don't know who thought it was a good idea to have an American playing a Belgian - rather than someone from the UK.

Ridiculous!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwh09s7xLVg
The better question is what does John Malkovitch - or Kenneth Branagh - bring to the role that David Suchet didn't.

It would be one thing if the last take on Poirot was the set of movies Peter Ustinov did back in the 80s. Campy fun to be sure, but basically dreck. But Suchet's work sets the bar very high indeed.

Mind you, I'm not saying it's impossible to approach the material in a novel and interesting way. But the high-toned mess Branagh made of Murder on the Orient Express made me wish I watching the Alfred Molina disaster, which at least was funny.

And if you're going to do it, for heaven's sake get someone with something approaching the right body type. Malkovitch isn't even close. You might as well cast Jean-Claude Van Damme - at least he's Belgian!

Re: The Brive, CFB, and FTP Shitposting Thread (Yawn...)

Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:40 am
by Ape+lust
Lsuoma wrote: Oh, and Apers? You're a sick fuck...
Not as sick as Mr Bezos, apparently. This woman he's seeing might be another Elyse :D

https://i.imgur.com/ujxQMQK.png

You ought to take a shot a wooing the missus he's leaving. She's not bad looking and about to become as rich as Bill Gates.

Re: The Brive, CFB, and FTP Shitposting Thread (Yawn...)

Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:02 am
by shoutinghorse
BoxNDox wrote:
MarcusAu wrote: More new media...though I don't know who thought it was a good idea to have an American playing a Belgian - rather than someone from the UK.

Ridiculous!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwh09s7xLVg
The better question is what does John Malkovitch - or Kenneth Branagh - bring to the role that David Suchet didn't.

It would be one thing if the last take on Poirot was the set of movies Peter Ustinov did back in the 80s. Campy fun to be sure, but basically dreck. But Suchet's work sets the bar very high indeed.

Mind you, I'm not saying it's impossible to approach the material in a novel and interesting way. But the high-toned mess Branagh made of Murder on the Orient Express made me wish I watching the Alfred Molina disaster, which at least was funny.

And if you're going to do it, for heaven's sake get someone with something approaching the right body type. Malkovitch isn't even close. You might as well cast Jean-Claude Van Damme - at least he's Belgian!
The Daily Telegraph described it as quote 'excruciating liberal-Left drivel at its most spectacular' .. Think I'll give it a swerve myself.

Re: The Brive, CFB, and FTP Shitposting Thread (Yawn...)

Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:33 am
by Matt Cavanaugh
BoxNDox wrote: The better question is what does John Malkovitch - or Kenneth Branagh - bring to the role that David Suchet didn't.
Branagh brings the same thing to every role.

Ham.jpg
(40.7 KiB) Downloaded 46 times

Re: The Brive, CFB, and FTP Shitposting Thread (Yawn...)

Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:38 am
by Driftless
Ape+lust wrote:
Lsuoma wrote: Oh, and Apers? You're a sick fuck...
Not as sick as Mr Bezos, apparently. This woman he's seeing might be another Elyse :D

https://i.imgur.com/ujxQMQK.png

You ought to take a shot a wooing the missus he's leaving. She's not bad looking and about to become as rich as Bill Gates.
He's just ahead of his time: