There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Old subthreads
Barbie's Boyfriend

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Post by Barbie's Boyfriend »

Guess who I met in 2016?
c6203b8cf840dc1899a0e4d15d4780ef.jpg
(81.68 KiB) Downloaded 121 times
Meet Nadia Ali, a Pakistani-American adult film actress, and according to her, a devout Muslim.

Would link to videos of her wearing her hijab in her movies, but Tit said I ain't permitted to do that.

This should answer That Zinnia dude's question

Oh yeah, there is a credible death threat against her in Pakistan

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

InfraRedBucket wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:42 am
Apparently there's a dog with a human like face that's "freaking people out on the internet".
http://wycd.radio.com/2018/03/09/dog-wi ... eople-out/

Can't see what all the fuss is about myself.

dog-human-face copy3.jpg
If I had a dog that ugly, I'd shave his ass and teach him to walk backwards.

Barbie's Boyfriend

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
InfraRedBucket wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:42 am
Apparently there's a dog with a human like face that's "freaking people out on the internet".
http://wycd.radio.com/2018/03/09/dog-wi ... eople-out/

Can't see what all the fuss is about myself.

dog-human-face copy3.jpg
If I had a dog that ugly, I'd shave his ass and teach him to walk backwards.
Or let him play in traffic

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Adam Lee is a moron. He has a post called The Shape of Prejudice, where he contends that (Xtian) people calling the sex scene in The Shape of Water bestiality are bigots, because the creature is sentient and therefore was able to consent, therefore it is not an animal.
Just so we’re clear on this, The Shape of Water doesn’t depict “bestiality”. That term refers to humans having sex with animals, and the Asset (the movie’s only name for the creature) isn’t an animal. He’s not human, but he’s self-aware, intelligent, able to communicate, and he has a moral sense. This is like saying that Mr. Spock is the product of bestiality because one of his parents is human and one is Vulcan.
Read more at http://www.patheos.com/blogs/daylightat ... tmEz4jX.99
I sent in a comment, which may or may not make it through moderation that humans are indeed animals and the definition of bestiality is cross species sex between humans and non-human animals.
Also, Spock is a fictional character and Vulcans are also fictional. Assuming they were real, Vulcans would be humans because they can produce fertile offspring when pairing with earthlings.

Guest_d2e60302

Post by Guest_d2e60302 »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:38 am
Martin drank the Critical Theory Koolaid. He's a complete ideologue. He'll let you disagree in comments,
No he won't. I'm banned there for anodyne pushback to some nonsense posted there a few months back.

https://i.imgur.com/ZZoXKx8.png

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Quite frankly if someone tries to cut you up with a freaking katana while you were asleep and you manage to survive you have some rights to brag.
Myers is only jealous because if a woman started hacking him to pieces the best he could do would be to grovel at her feet and beg for mercy.

Also: a woman who survives an attempted murder and justifiably brags about girl power and feminism is an icon, a male nerd who survives an attempted murder and justifiably brags about nerd power deserves to die. Of course.

Really?

Post by Really? »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:58 am
Adam Lee is a moron. He has a post called The Shape of Prejudice, where he contends that (Xtian) people calling the sex scene in The Shape of Water bestiality are bigots, because the creature is sentient and therefore was able to consent, therefore it is not an animal.
Just so we’re clear on this, The Shape of Water doesn’t depict “bestiality”. That term refers to humans having sex with animals, and the Asset (the movie’s only name for the creature) isn’t an animal. He’s not human, but he’s self-aware, intelligent, able to communicate, and he has a moral sense. This is like saying that Mr. Spock is the product of bestiality because one of his parents is human and one is Vulcan.
I sent in a comment, which may or may not make it through moderation that humans are indeed animals and the definition of bestiality is cross species sex between humans and non-human animals.
Also, Spock is a fictional character and Vulcans are also fictional. Assuming they were real, Vulcans would be humans because they can produce fertile offspring when pairing with earthlings.
This is where movement atheism is in 2018: fighting for the rights of people who want to fuck animals.

Barbie's Boyfriend

Really? wrote:
This is where movement atheism is in 2018: fighting for the rights of people who want to fuck animals.
Is this assclown now in trouble with the PETA all animals are sentient crowd ???

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Myers, you're seriously sick in the head.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

He says the type of shit whack jobs like Nicolas Cruz say before shooting up schools.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Fuck this new comment thingie is wonky.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Kirbmarc wrote: Quite frankly if someone tries to cut you up with a freaking katana while you were asleep and you manage to survive you have some rights to brag.
More evidence for The Patriarchy™

If it was a bloke who attacked him, he'd have died.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/lea ... 0120150331

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

This, coming from a bloke who'll sit there and read a book when out dining with his missus, and who'll plug in some earbuds to listen to audiobooks when out walking with her. You wanna watch yourself Myers, or you might find yourself the victim of a justifiable homicide involving your disgruntled wife plugging your nostrils and mouth with your daughter's vegan green gravy while you're asleep.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Is he Sirius?

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

From the comments of the Myers post about the guy who got his fingers chopped:
cartomancer wrote:One wonders how either of these people managed to secure a romantic partner at all. I am constantly amazed at how the most objectionable and awful people manage to do this when, despite my best efforts I have never managed it myself. One of those sacred mysteries of existence I suppose.
Look out, here's a little Elliot Rodgers in the making. "Why do these awful people manage to get laid while I, the supreme gentleman morally superior champion of social justice, cannot?" Hopefully a Poe. :bjarte:

By the way Myers is digging himself deeper:
The Big Peeze wrote:Yes, it’s a joke. No one deserves that kind of brutal assault. It’s just the awful smugness of the man
Some of the people in the comments aren't letting him get away with it:
consciousness razor wrote:I’m sure that if you had just been hacked up by a fucking sword, then someone wrote this crap and attempted to defend it as a joke, while at the same mentioning your awful smugness, then you would probably not be entirely satisfied. I’m also sure you that would not feel like an apology had been made, since you definitely know what those look like.
Porivil Sorrens wrote:Yeah, like, even as a joke, this is in exceptionally poor taste. While, as mentioned, I don’t know if he suffered any permanent mutilation from this, it’d be really shitty to know that someone thought my use of gaming lingo was enough of a crime to make a post mocking my potential mutilation over it.
lotharloo wrote:If your partner is playing a video game 12 hours out of 24, then you get a fucking divorce not a sword.

Also, the joke is in poor taste. We have grown up to see crimes like rape as inherently not funny regardless of the circumstances, I don’t see why the same cannot be applied to crimes that cause injuries.
emergence wrote:Yeah, this reminds me too much of off color jokes about physical assault made by internet trolls. I’ve seen too many shitlords pass off wishing physical harm on someone as a joke to find this funny. I think this post was a bit of a miss.
microraptor wrote:Now, onto the original story, yeah, not really funny even if the guy does sound like a complete ass.
Myers shot himself in the foot this time. You can't be the Morally Righteous Scourge of Inappropriate Comedy and then expect to have your own groan-worthy attempts at black humor go over well with your audience.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Kirbmarc wrote: You can't be the Morally Righteous Scourge of Inappropriate Comedy and then expect to have your own groan-worthy attempts at black humor go over well with your audience.
Speaking of scourge...

Goosebumps!

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Really? wrote:
Some people in movement atheism were pioneers in the fight for interspecies sexual rights:
A guy from Morris, Minnesota back in 2012 wrote:Although nothing beats a sea slug for that vulval feel, I’m afraid. Mmmm, Aplysia, if you weren’t so cold, I’d…ahem.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Kirbmarc wrote: From the comments of the Myers post about the guy who got his fingers chopped:
cartomancer wrote:One wonders how either of these people managed to secure a romantic partner at all. I am constantly amazed at how the most objectionable and awful people manage to do this when, despite my best efforts I have never managed it myself. One of those sacred mysteries of existence I suppose.
Look out, here's a little Elliot Rodgers in the making. "Why do these awful people manage to get laid while I, the supreme gentleman morally superior champion of social justice, cannot?" Hopefully a Poe. :bjarte:

By the way Myers is digging himself deeper:
The Big Peeze wrote:Yes, it’s a joke. No one deserves that kind of brutal assault. It’s just the awful smugness of the man
Some of the people in the comments aren't letting him get away with it:
consciousness razor wrote:I’m sure that if you had just been hacked up by a fucking sword, then someone wrote this crap and attempted to defend it as a joke, while at the same mentioning your awful smugness, then you would probably not be entirely satisfied. I’m also sure you that would not feel like an apology had been made, since you definitely know what those look like.
Porivil Sorrens wrote:Yeah, like, even as a joke, this is in exceptionally poor taste. While, as mentioned, I don’t know if he suffered any permanent mutilation from this, it’d be really shitty to know that someone thought my use of gaming lingo was enough of a crime to make a post mocking my potential mutilation over it.
lotharloo wrote:If your partner is playing a video game 12 hours out of 24, then you get a fucking divorce not a sword.

Also, the joke is in poor taste. We have grown up to see crimes like rape as inherently not funny regardless of the circumstances, I don’t see why the same cannot be applied to crimes that cause injuries.
emergence wrote:Yeah, this reminds me too much of off color jokes about physical assault made by internet trolls. I’ve seen too many shitlords pass off wishing physical harm on someone as a joke to find this funny. I think this post was a bit of a miss.
microraptor wrote:Now, onto the original story, yeah, not really funny even if the guy does sound like a complete ass.
Myers shot himself in the foot this time. You can't be the Morally Righteous Scourge of Inappropriate Comedy and then expect to have your own groan-worthy attempts at black humor go over well with your audience.
That post provoked twice as many comments as recent ones but looks like he can't even attempt click bait these days without cocking it up .Looks like he's added an apology of sorts.
Yes, you’re all right. That last line was making light of what was done to Lovell, which he did not deserve at all, no matter how smug he seems. I apologize for a bad joke.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

What a Luverly day, Madam.
What a luverly day for attempting a dodgy "joke" about hacking a Gamer with a sword and then having to apologise to your dwindling hordes ....
_100375698_dodd-shutterstock copy.jpg
(45.27 KiB) Downloaded 290 times

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Kirbmarc wrote: From the comments of the Myers post about the guy who got his fingers chopped:

[snip]

Heh. There's some priceless responses there. I like this one:
Anyone claiming PZ has crossed a line in this post doesn’t understand the full context of this. The game, PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds (or PUBG), is notorious for encouraging violence against women. It’s common for male players (as male characters in game) to start off a round by gathering in a group of four and beating a woman character to death with frying pans. The game also has a significant following of people online who encourage actual domestic abuse against women who don’t support their male partners playing the game. Numerous women have to deal with physical abuse on a daily basis and no one is reporting on it. But when PZ jokingly supports a woman attacking her boyfriend a single time, that’s too far?
In comparison to the sheer amount of men who are variously killed, maimed and battered for that all important high score, the amount of violence encouraged against women in videogames is...pretty damn small by comparison. Blow a guy's head off or rip his spine out (for the hundreth time) - lol, cool move bro. Batter a woman to death with frying pans - oh the horror!

And then there's this one:
. . . from the tone P.Z. was taking, I expected to hear that the guy was a rapist or an abuser or at the very least an annoying right-winger. But his crime was . . . playing video games too much? And that justifies making jokes about domestic abuse? Because that’s what this was: when someone takes a weapon to their defenseless partner, that is domestic abuse.

Sarcasm, jokes, and satire aren’t an excuse for saying horrible things. This is the kind of “joke” PewDiePie would make. What was Meyers thinking?
An intriguing yet unsurprising insight into the mind of the typically average baboon: annoying right-wingers deserve the same amount of opprobrium as rapists and abusers.

Quite amazing how these folks can criticise Peez - and deservedly so - and yet still be utter dangleberries about it.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Tigzy wrote:

Heh. There's some priceless responses there. I like this one:

Sarcasm, jokes, and satire aren’t an excuse for saying horrible things. This is the kind of “joke” PewDiePie would make. What was Meyers thinking?
Can everyone just calm down, please, and not forget the real victim in this sad affair:

https://i.imgur.com/kEvtuCj.png

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Kirbmarc wrote: Some people in movement atheism were pioneers in the fight for interspecies sexual rights:
A guy from Morris, Minnesota back in 2012 wrote:Although nothing beats a sea slug for that vulval feel, I’m afraid. Mmmm, Aplysia, if you weren’t so cold, I’d…ahem.
It’s also the case that some domesticated and intelligent animals seem to be willing to participate in sexual activity with humans — dolphins and dogs, for example. It is possible to find animals who demonstrate a willingness to participate in sex play. Within that narrow band of possibilities, I’d have to say that this criterion doesn’t provide an argument against sex with animals in all cases.

Guest_d2e60302

Post by Guest_d2e60302 »

Adam Lee has repeatedly shown himself to be a moron, but isn't his basic point, that sex between human and intelligent self-aware alien, is not bestiality also correct?

if it's as simple as bestiality, then it can't be rape

Do not take this away from me, it may be all I have left.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Bhurzum wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:19 pm
Kirbmarc wrote: You can't be the Morally Righteous Scourge of Inappropriate Comedy and then expect to have your own groan-worthy attempts at black humor go over well with your audience.
Speaking of scourge...

Goosebumps!
FTS. Sounds like the bastard child of Hindemith & Saint-Saëns.

This is the real deal:

ffs

Post by ffs »

Fuck, Arel is back
You pitters have failed!
Take care of this!

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Guest_d2e60302 wrote: Adam Lee has repeatedly shown himself to be a moron, but isn't his basic point, that sex between human and intelligent self-aware alien, is not bestiality also correct?

if it's as simple as bestiality, then it can't be rape

Do not take this away from me, it may be all I have left.
I'm pretty sure if I went into a time capsule and had repeated sex with Susan Oliver painted green we may still be able to reproduce. If not, I would be happy to plead guilty to bestiality. :drool:

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

IMDB says Susan Oliver "was a Buddhist and an expert on baseball."

Also a blonde, blue-eyed and pink-skinned.
Susan_Oliver.jpg
(11.38 KiB) Downloaded 245 times

Keating

Post by Keating »

I look forward to Brive and Kirb arguging alnow that the South African problem has come to Australia.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Keating wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:30 pm
I look forward to Brive and Kirb arguging alnow that the South African problem has come to Australia.
What, the Wallabies play like shit now?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

“Farmlands” has a fan.

Dutton is a bravehero on South Africa:
“I do think, on the information that I’ve seen, people do need help and they need help from a civilised country like ours.”

Kirb and I agree on integration. I can’t think of an African group less likely than the whites to kill and cook their off-spring.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

WHY WOULD YOU CRAFT THIS TWEET?

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Poor attempt at humor, maybe.

Or humble-bragging. She could be expecting all the "no, I've met you, you smell wonderful" replies.

Or Tweeting Under the Influence. Again.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:47 pm
“Farmlands” has a fan.

“I do think, on the information that I’ve seen, people do need help and they need help from a civilised country like ours.”

Kirb and I agree on integration. I can’t think of an African group less likely than the whites to kill and cook their off-spring.
I think that the likelihood of anyone of any ethnic group of killing and cooking their off-spring is low to qualify as a myth, and in the context, a racist myth.

There are issues of cultural clash that require action, but this kind of extreme rhetoric is insane.

And yes, I know it's a joke, but it's as cringe-worthy as Peezie's post on the katana brouhaha.

Jebus, Brive.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Didn't cook her first, so doesn't count...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wm6hdUhIACs

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Well they took their time ... finally looks like there's gonna be a New Gods movie.

Never cared for DC much, 'cept the post Marvel kirby stuff.
Ohh and it a POC I've never heard of til this morning....
Ava DuVernay is stepping into the superhero universe.

The filmmaker has come on board to direct “New Gods” at Warner Bros. as part of the studio’s DC Extended Universe. “New Gods,” based on the DC Comics series of the same name, is aimed at creating a new universe of properties for the studio. Created and designed by Jack Kirby, the comic was first released in 1971.

The movie marks the second major superhero tentpole directed by a woman, following another DC property: Patty Jenkins’ “Wonder Woman.”

DuVernay directed Disney’s “A Wrinkle in Time,” becoming the first woman of color in Hollywood to helm a live-action film with a production budget of $100 million. The time-travel fantasy has grossed $42.2 million in its first six days in North America.

The New Gods are natives of the twin planets of New Genesis and Apokolips. New Genesis is an idyllic planet ruled by the Highfather, while Apokolips is a dystopia filled with machinery and fire pits ruled by the tyrant Darkseid. New Genesis and Apokolips call themselves gods, living outside of normal time and space in a realm known as the Fourth World.
http://variety.com/2018/film/news/ava-d ... 202725043/

Guest_d2e60302

Post by Guest_d2e60302 »

My vag smells like Chinese food?

This post isn't trolling... Why does my vagina smell like Chinese food?! It always smells like something different and right now it smells like Chinese food... Well, actually, it doesn't always smell like something different. Usually it just has the same smell that just smells like musky and sweaty kind of. But sometimes it smells like onions, or corn chips, and now it smells like what I can only describe as Chinese food..? Is this weird? Is it normal for vaginas to smell like a lot of different things? I'm 16, not sexually active, I wash regularly. Help?

Guest_d2e60302

Post by Guest_d2e60302 »

Interesting prediction for elections going forward whether you are a conservative or not....

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

Brive1987 wrote: WHY WOULD YOU CRAFT THIS TWEET?

Lots of people go through the "its cool to be a loser" phase during adolescence. Watson just happens to be that rare person who spends 25+ years in adolescence. She'll probably outgrow this sort of thing by the time she hits menopause. Maybe.

:twatson:

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

The Guardian has gone full Guardian.

amp.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/mar/15/uks-claims-questioned-doubts-emerge-about-source-of-salisburys-novichok

What are these doubts? What is the source the Guardian uses?

The Guardian's article links to this blog post https://www.craigmurray.org.uk 'Israel has extensive stocks of chemical weapons but has always refused to declare any of them to the OPCW. Israel is not a state party to the Chemical Weapons Convention nor a member of the OPCW. Israel signed in 1993 but refused to ratify as this would mean inspection and destruction of its chemical weapons. Israel undoubtedly has as much technical capacity as any state to synthesise “Novichoks”.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Brive1987 wrote: “Farmlands” has a fan.

Kirbmarc wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:47 pm
“Farmlands” has a fan.

I think that the likelihood of anyone of any ethnic group of killing and cooking their off-spring is low to qualify as a myth, and in the context, a racist myth.

There are issues of cultural clash that require action, but this kind of extreme rhetoric is insane.

And yes, I know it's a joke, but it's as cringe-worthy as Peezie's post on the katana brouhaha.

Jebus, Brive.
i could point out that having the status of 'least likely' doesn't make the runners up 'probable' cannibals.

Or I could luxuriate in your discomfort over poor taste jokes on the Pit.

:think:

"hee hee hee"

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Critique on Peterson. Some of which I sort of agree with, some I dont.

https://www.currentaffairs.org/2018/03/ ... we-deserve

Barbie's Boyfriend

Guest_d2e60302 wrote:

Interesting prediction for elections going forward whether you are a conservative or not....
Well, being the Free Market fans that they are, why don't they just start their own social media site?

Why whine? They already have the highest rated news station on cable. And they own that one hundred year old technology know as AM Radio. And there is always Conservapedia

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

I believe she was trying to make a self depricating joke...

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Barbie's Boyfriend wrote:
Guest_d2e60302 wrote:

Well, being the Free Market fans that they are, why don't they just start their own social media site?

Why whine? They already have the highest rated news station on cable. And they own that one hundred year old technology know as AM Radio. And there is always Conservapedia
I'm sure Putin would finance it.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

Guest_d2e60302 wrote:

Trying to stifle or silence conservative/right political discourse on social media platforms could have the opposite effect and energize the movement. Cenccorship is what really kicked off Gamergate.Ot gives varied groups a common enemy to focus on.

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

Spike13 wrote:

It's not just that. It's the constant cloying cutesy couple references, like she's never had a boyfriend before.

This is a woman that's going to walk away from feminism so fast it will make your head spin. Just watch.

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

InfraRedBucket wrote: Critique on Peterson. Some of which I sort of agree with, some I dont.

A decent article, and I find that I mostly agree with the criticisms. Especially the line about Peterson being 'the desperate man's thinking man', this critic seems to have a much stronger grasp on why Peterson is enjoying such flourishing.

My personal take on Peterson is that he's overall doing some good and necessary things, but I can't quite shake the... Chopra-ness of how he communicates his loftier ideas. I'm not sure I can fully get behind a flasehood because it's expedient. My concept of what is true is important to me, and indeed why I am against SJW concepts in the first place.

I think Peterson is a charismatic speaker and can be quite witty, and does a fine line in profound-sounding pronouncements. But still that doubt nags away in the background.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

DrokkIt wrote:
InfraRedBucket wrote: Critique on Peterson. Some of which I sort of agree with, some I dont.

A decent article, and I find that I mostly agree with the criticisms. Especially the line about Peterson being 'the desperate man's thinking man', this critic seems to have a much stronger grasp on why Peterson is enjoying such flourishing.

My personal take on Peterson is that he's overall doing some good and necessary things, but I can't quite shake the... Chopra-ness of how he communicates his loftier ideas. I'm not sure I can fully get behind a flasehood because it's expedient. My concept of what is true is important to me, and indeed why I am against SJW concepts in the first place.

I think Peterson is a charismatic speaker and can be quite witty, and does a fine line in profound-sounding pronouncements. But still that doubt nags away in the background.
peterson5-768x596.jpg
(52.95 KiB) Downloaded 153 times
petersonreplace-768x567.jpg
(49.6 KiB) Downloaded 151 times
Those diagrams. Ugh. That's the sort of stuff (also in text form) that put me off trying to read Maps Of Meaning.
And he gave away a free pdf version of that a while back.
God Knows (literally probably) what his Powerpoint slides are like in his lectures. On the one hand his assertions
are supposed to be common sense or scientific fact. On the other, he presents them like vague religious mysticism.
For someone so into the arts, he has a terrible grasp of graphic design to present ideas/information.

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

InfraRedBucket wrote:
DrokkIt wrote:

peterson5-768x596.jpg

petersonreplace-768x567.jpg

Those diagrams. Ugh. That's the sort of stuff (also in text form) that put me off trying to read Maps Of Meaning.
And he gave away a free pdf version of that a while back.
God Knows (literally probably) what his Powerpoint slides are like in his lectures. On the one hand his assertions
are supposed to be common sense or scientific fact. On the other, he presents them like vague religious mysticism.
For someone so into the arts, he has a terrible grasp of graphic design to present ideas/information.
Yeah all that stuff is a bit headache-inducing.

I think I get why Peterson is popular as a personality- he is a father figure in an age where one is much needed.

But the core scepticism sense in me get's all 'a tingling when he tries to produce an evolutionary argument for the truth of myths and legends. It's all very 'argument from antiquity' and 'argument from popularity' and any effort to conflate that with objective truth ought to be resisted.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Well she certainly knows her audiences...

Both the ones hanging on her every word waiting for the next golden dollop of genius (see the pic above), and those interesting in how far you can keep going after the bottom of the barrel is reached.

$888 per vid is nothing to sneeze at...though the word 'rank' does seem appropriate in this context.

https://graphtreon.com/creator/rebecca

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

A new low, you fucking fuck.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Spike13 wrote:

Yeah. She actually believes herself to be funny, a comedian. One would think that her efforts at stand-up comedy would have clued her in a bit, but her slavish followers and vapid friends probably assure her that she's a hilarious hoot. It's a bit sad, really. Internet famous isn't going to pay the bills in another ten years.

CaptainFluffyBunny

I wonder if there's anybody not blocked that can tweet Ape's gem to Peezee and Watson?

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: I wonder if there's anybody not blocked that can tweet Ape's gem to Peezee and Watson?
A kamikaze mission there, if they aren't already blocked they will be.
Or should that be khazi....

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Spike13 wrote:

Yeah. She actually believes herself to be funny, a comedian. One would think that her efforts at stand-up comedy would have clued her in a bit, but her slavish followers and vapid friends probably assure her that she's a hilarious hoot. It's a bit sad, really. Internet famous isn't going to pay the bills in another ten years.
She's attempting a pathetically lame riff on stoner humor. Kinda Becky and Cuck Go To White Castle.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

How soon before her Knight in Shining Apple Salary decides: this ain't worth the occasional finger up my butt?

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: How soon before her Knight in Shining Apple Salary decides: this ain't worth the occasional finger up my butt?
She'll be her own undoing first. She's already insulted the boyfriend's boss for no discernable reason.

He has a green card. She'll probably do some idiot thing to jeopardize it.

https://imgur.com/3EYrvtu.png

https://imgur.com/1NqMhzF.jpg

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

DrokkIt wrote:

Oh what a complete pile of horseshit!
Peterson concludes that Orwell thought socialist policies was flawed because socialists themselves were bad people. I don’t think there is a way of reading Peterson other than as extremely stupid or extremely dishonest, but one can be charitable and assume he simply didn’t read the book that supposedly gave him his grand revelation about socialism.
That's either a highly disingenuous or highly blockheaded accusation. I've heard & read Peterson many times on Wigan Pier, I've read Wigan Pier, and that's not what Peterson ways about Orwell or Wigan Pier. (And what Peterson says about it, Hitchens, IIRC, also said.)

In fact, there was nothing in [C-16] that criminalized the failure to use people’s preferred gender pronouns....
Just parroting the leftist TPM. In truth, the policy statement for C-16 defines refusal to use non binary pronouns as 'discrimination', and legal, punitive consequences are on the books for discrimination. Only by applying the most narrow and tendentious definition for 'criminalize', can one make this absurd claim.

Peterson ... makes no sense. He wonders how there could be any difference between transgender activists and Mao’s China, then is told that the difference is millions of deaths, then denies that transgender activists are going to cause millions of deaths, then says they follow a totalitarian philosophy that drives people to mass murder. The reason he’s stuck here is that there’s no evidence the Canadian Human Rights Act is about to bring us a gulag archipelago, but that’s what his grandiose statements about left-wing totalitarianism imply will happen. So he must either allege Alberta is about to get its own Great Leap Forward or draw a distinction between Mao’s Red Guards and the University of Toronto LGBTQ center, neither of which he wants to commit to. So we get another heaping dish of Peterson waffle.
Oh fuck off. It makes no sense to you, cuz the concept of 'slippery slope' eludes you.

Here again he tries to explain the Soviet-transgender connection, again using the argument that any “collective” or “group-based” political action is following the same philosophy that rounded up and executed the kulaks....
No, you incredibly dumb fuck, the 'collective' and 'group-based' refers to identity politics, not organized group political action.

Nevermind that what he is talking about is more commonly known as the Civil Rights Movement, and the “paper on sticks” said “We shall overcome” and “End segregated schools” on them. And nevermind that it worked, and was one of the most morally important events of the 20th century.... The activists against the Vietnam War spent years trying to stop a horrific atrocity that killed a million people, and had a very significant effect in drawing attention to that atrocity and finally bringing it to a close....
No, the protests were important but not instrumental, especially wrt the Vietnam War. post hoc ergo propter hoc.
12 Rules For Life makes it explicit: stop questioning the social order, stop assigning blame for problems to political actors, stop trying to reorganize things.
This has to be willful misrepresentation at this point. Lobsters are surely next.

But what you expect from a Socjus twat grad student who also completely missed Pinker's point on poverty vs. inequality (one Peterson also makes), thinks micro-aggressions are real, is into restorative justice and illegal immigration, thinks the anti-free speech bullies on campus are just a few, rare bad apples, and supports trigger warnings. This is David 'Moslem Vikings' McAfee level stupidity.

He's also a children's book author, which is stunning, giving his soul-numbing prolixity.

NB. this is not a serious political journal:

The twat himself:
https://sociology.fas.harvard.edu/peopl ... n-robinson

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

DrokkIt wrote:

Oh what a complete pile of horseshit!
Peterson concludes that Orwell thought socialist policies was flawed because socialists themselves were bad people. I don’t think there is a way of reading Peterson other than as extremely stupid or extremely dishonest, but one can be charitable and assume he simply didn’t read the book that supposedly gave him his grand revelation about socialism.
That's either a highly disingenuous or highly blockheaded accusation. I've heard & read Peterson many times on Wigan Pier, I've read Wigan Pier, and that's not what Peterson ways about Orwell or Wigan Pier. (And what Peterson says about it, Hitchens, IIRC, also said.)

In fact, there was nothing in [C-16] that criminalized the failure to use people’s preferred gender pronouns....
Just parroting the leftist TPM. In truth, the policy statement for C-16 defines refusal to use non binary pronouns as 'discrimination', and legal, punitive consequences are on the books for discrimination. Only by applying the most narrow and tendentious definition for 'criminalize', can one make this absurd claim.

Peterson ... makes no sense. He wonders how there could be any difference between transgender activists and Mao’s China, then is told that the difference is millions of deaths, then denies that transgender activists are going to cause millions of deaths, then says they follow a totalitarian philosophy that drives people to mass murder. The reason he’s stuck here is that there’s no evidence the Canadian Human Rights Act is about to bring us a gulag archipelago, but that’s what his grandiose statements about left-wing totalitarianism imply will happen. So he must either allege Alberta is about to get its own Great Leap Forward or draw a distinction between Mao’s Red Guards and the University of Toronto LGBTQ center, neither of which he wants to commit to. So we get another heaping dish of Peterson waffle.
Oh fuck off. It makes no sense to you, cuz the concept of 'slippery slope' eludes you.

Here again he tries to explain the Soviet-transgender connection, again using the argument that any “collective” or “group-based” political action is following the same philosophy that rounded up and executed the kulaks....
No, you incredibly dumb fuck, the 'collective' and 'group-based' refers to identity politics, not organized group political action.

Nevermind that what he is talking about is more commonly known as the Civil Rights Movement, and the “paper on sticks” said “We shall overcome” and “End segregated schools” on them. And nevermind that it worked, and was one of the most morally important events of the 20th century.... The activists against the Vietnam War spent years trying to stop a horrific atrocity that killed a million people, and had a very significant effect in drawing attention to that atrocity and finally bringing it to a close....
No, the protests were important but not instrumental, especially wrt the Vietnam War. post hoc ergo propter hoc.
12 Rules For Life makes it explicit: stop questioning the social order, stop assigning blame for problems to political actors, stop trying to reorganize things.
This has to be willful misrepresentation at this point. Lobsters are surely next.

But what you expect from a Socjus twat grad student who also completely missed Pinker's point on poverty vs. inequality (one Peterson also makes), thinks micro-aggressions are real, is into restorative justice and illegal immigration, thinks the anti-free speech bullies on campus are just a few, rare bad apples, and supports trigger warnings. This is David 'Moslem Vikings' McAfee level stupidity.

He's also a children's book author, which is stunning, giving his soul-numbing prolixity.

NB. this is not a serious political journal:

The twat himself:
https://sociology.fas.harvard.edu/peopl ... n-robinson