The Refuge of the Toads

Old subthreads
MarcusAu

Re: The Refuge of the Toads

Post by MarcusAu »

Oh, I think there are plenty of stamps involved.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

paddybrown wrote:The conclusion I have come to is that BDSM is sex for people who don't like sex.
:nin:

It does seem like kids playing dress-up with sex thrown in just so they can pretend they are acting like grown-ups.

sp0tlight

Post by sp0tlight »

Hey PZ, I know you're reading, here's something for you.

http://img.pr0gramm.com/2016/10/21/fb96c6d5cf3f2681.jpg

Keating

Post by Keating »

Guestus Aurelius wrote:Apparently conservative women don't exist: http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/arc ... ton/504053

tl;dr: title is "Women Who Hate Trump, but Aren’t With Her," yet the piece doesn't even mention conservative or Republican women.
That's okay; there aren't any gay conservatives either:
By the logic of gay liberation, Thiel is an example of a man who has sex with other men, but not a gay man. Because he does not embrace the struggle of people to embrace their distinctive identity.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

This is new. Cramps and Diarrhea so bad that it has scorched my arsehole to the point of bleeding.

I haven't felt pain like this since Watson stopped posting.

:hankey: In my dreams.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

sp0tlight wrote:Hey PZ, I know you're reading, here's something for you.
http://img.pr0gramm.com/2016/10/21/fb96c6d5cf3f2681.jpg
Waste of good calamari.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Brive1987 wrote:This is new. Cramps and Diarrhea so bad that it has scorched my arsehole to the point of bleeding.

We are all thinking of you Brive:

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Before I got out of bed this morning i hear a thump against the side of the house. I figured probably a deer, maybe a racoon. When I got up sure enough there is a big 2/3 spike buck browsing right beside my BBQ probably just to rub it in that I couldn't shoot it, looking fat healthy and delicious. I then went around to the back of the house and started to scrape it's antlers on the willow near my birdbath (marking territory, start of the rut). I had to open the window and yell at it to stop, he looked like he was going to kill it.
SAM_4498 (1).JPG
(385.59 KiB) Downloaded 197 times

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

comhcinc wrote:It's Trafalgar Day? That's a thing?
Absolutely.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

I was in Pinner last week to see the newly opened Heath Robinson museum and the house where Nelson's daughter Horatia lived.

Not sure I approve of Trafalgar Day though - the word sounds foreign.

Still - 'Kiss Me Hardy' and all that.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

MarcusAu wrote:I was in Pinner last week to see the newly opened Heath Robinson museum and the house where Nelson's daughter Horatia lived.

Pinner? I used to work at Northwick Park Hospital.

Really?

Post by Really? »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Before I got out of bed this morning i hear a thump against the side of the house. I figured probably a deer, maybe a racoon. When I got up sure enough there is a big 2/3 spike buck browsing right beside my BBQ probably just to rub it in that I couldn't shoot it, looking fat healthy and delicious. I then went around to the back of the house and started to scrape it's antlers on the willow near my birdbath (marking territory, start of the rut). I had to open the window and yell at it to stop, he looked like he was going to kill it.
SAM_4498 (1).JPG
As PZ says, there's nothing wrong with you two fulfilling your biological needs. Mutual benefit!

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

katamari Damassi wrote:
Shatterface wrote:
paddybrown wrote:Oh Christ. Comic books are at it again. Sooner or later people are going to have to realise that you can't stop the modern-day Mary Whitehouse busybody brigade taking offence by giving them what they want, because what they want is to take offence.

So they're relaunching Iron Man as a black teenage girl called Riri Williams. And the bluenoses have bullied them into withdrawing this utterly inoccuous (if not terribly good) variant cover, because it "sexualises" the character:

http://cbr3.imgix.net/2016/10/1587932-xl.jpg
As a middle-aged alcoholic arms dealer, I object to this total erasure of my lived experience.
I agree that the cover should've been withdrawn. How is she supposed to get the helmet on while wearing those big hoop earrings?
What's hilarious is that it's just a different take on the standard cover:

http://media1.gameinformer.com/filestor ... el/iim.jpg

Runway pose, exposed midriff, yoga pants, all the things they complain shouldn't (or wouldn't) be worn by actual 15 year old girls. 15 year old black girls, specifically. Because there are no pictures of actual real-life black teenage girls wearing anything like a crop top and yoga pants on the internet. :lol:

So that cover is fine, but the other cover is too much. Because even though she's basically in the same pose, she's holding her hand out and smirking and her breasts seem to be visibly maybe larger.

http://i.imgur.com/ivuT2HF.png

The best part is that Marvel keeps pandering to these people despite knowing that doing it will cost them. Lady Thor, heavily marketed by feminists after its reimagining Thor as a woman, was cancelled due to poor sales. Mockingbird, another comic book franchise that goes back to the 70's, and also heavily marketed by feminists after its recquisition by self-proclaimed social justice warriors, recently got cancelled due to poor sales. They just do not buy comic books. They love the idea of women in comic books, but they don't buy them.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Pitchguest wrote:
What's hilarious is that it's just a different take on the standard cover:

http://media1.gameinformer.com/filestor ... el/iim.jpg

Runway pose, exposed midriff, yoga pants, all the things they complain shouldn't (or wouldn't) be worn by actual 15 year old girls. 15 year old black girls, specifically. Because there are no pictures of actual real-life black teenage girls wearing anything like a crop top and yoga pants on the internet. :lol:

So that cover is fine, but the other cover is too much. Because even though she's basically in the same pose, she's holding her hand out and smirking and her breasts seem to be visibly maybe larger.

http://i.imgur.com/ivuT2HF.png

The best part is that Marvel keeps pandering to these people despite knowing that doing it will cost them. Lady Thor, heavily marketed by feminists after its reimagining Thor as a woman, was cancelled due to poor sales. Mockingbird, another comic book franchise that goes back to the 70's, and also heavily marketed by feminists after its recquisition by self-proclaimed social justice warriors, recently got cancelled due to poor sales. They just do not buy comic books. They love the idea of women in comic books, but they don't buy them.
This is the same story as every other. Feminists/SJWs don't want to actually buy comics or be an actual part of geek subculture. They don't want to be skeptics and adhere to the laws of logic and reason to determine their worldviews.

They want control. They want an excuse for why they are so weak that they got PTSD from Twitter.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

MarcusAu wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:This is new. Cramps and Diarrhea so bad that it has scorched my arsehole to the point of bleeding.

We are all thinking of you Brive:

[foutube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCQ4QLFl01g[/foutube]
Even has the right accent!

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

MarcusAu wrote:I was in Pinner last week to see the newly opened Heath Robinson museum and the house where Nelson's daughter Horatia lived.

Reg Dwight/Elton John was born in Pinner, IIRC.

Also, I lived in Harrow, just down the road.

free thoughtpolice

Really? wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:Before I got out of bed this morning i hear a thump against the side of the house. I figured probably a deer, maybe a racoon. When I got up sure enough there is a big 2/3 spike buck browsing right beside my BBQ probably just to rub it in that I couldn't shoot it, looking fat healthy and delicious. I then went around to the back of the house and started to scrape it's antlers on the willow near my birdbath (marking territory, start of the rut). I had to open the window and yell at it to stop, he looked like he was going to kill it.
SAM_4498 (1).JPG
As PZ says, there's nothing wrong with you two fulfilling your biological needs. Mutual benefit!
As I get older my urges center more on my stomach rather then lil'bear so I was thinking more about protracted culinary bliss then sex.
Plus months of savings on the grocery bill.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

I approve. Massively. :lol: :lol: :lol:

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

I have to say that I'm not digging Marilyn Manson's new look.

Really?

Post by Really? »

katamari Damassi wrote:
I have to say that I'm not digging Marilyn Manson's new look.
It is nice to see that he's wearing the new model of Surlies.

free thoughtpolice

I can only hope the aren't fakes. :pray:

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

screwtape wrote:Happy Trafalgar Day to all! Don't forget to toast The Immortal Memory.

A NiteSite Viper arrived today, so I may continue the Nelson Tradition at night for the next little while. This is much fun, and will complement the Photon XT on another rifle. Just think of me as doing my bit to reduce the ratty horde that might invade you from the north. Plus, it lets me continue to hand-feed the squirrels, chipmunks and chickadees that have come to trust me.

What? Sorry to all rat lovers (like Caine), but if I can amuse myself in some satisfying way before the leukemia requires me to go for salvage chemo, I'm going to dive in. One has to have priorities.
A hobby of mine as well, though I don't have an expensive air rifle or scope. Having some backyard chickens attracts the rats, and we have too much wildlife to use wholesale poison.

If you don't control rats, it just means somebody else is doing it for you. Whole food chain and all that.

free thoughtpolice

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
screwtape wrote:Happy Trafalgar Day to all! Don't forget to toast The Immortal Memory.

A NiteSite Viper arrived today, so I may continue the Nelson Tradition at night for the next little while. This is much fun, and will complement the Photon XT on another rifle. Just think of me as doing my bit to reduce the ratty horde that might invade you from the north. Plus, it lets me continue to hand-feed the squirrels, chipmunks and chickadees that have come to trust me.

What? Sorry to all rat lovers (like Caine), but if I can amuse myself in some satisfying way before the leukemia requires me to go for salvage chemo, I'm going to dive in. One has to have priorities.
A hobby of mine as well, though I don't have an expensive air rifle or scope. Having some backyard chickens attracts the rats, and we have too much wildlife to use wholesale poison.

If you don't control rats, it just means somebody else is doing it for you. Whole food chain and all that.
A strategy that worked for me was to use the birdfeed ,sunflower seed to set up a station that they would have to share with the birds, and make sure there is no other available feed.
I'm 10 or 20 feet away hanging out the window, and when the rats see the birds feeding on the bait without being harassed they feel bold.
Because the birds give them distance, the innocent are safe.
My eyes are still good enough to use open sights :drool: , but scopes aren't total cheating.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Does this have to do with Trafalgar Day?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

free thoughtpolice wrote: My eyes are still good enough to use open sights :drool: , but scopes aren't total cheating.
Oh, Lord won't you buy me an S.I.G. Sauer,
My friends all have Glocks, I need more firepower.
Oh, Lord won't you buy me an infrared scope,
My picatinny's barren, I have no real hope.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

:twatson: :twatson:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote: My eyes are still good enough to use open sights :drool: , but scopes aren't total cheating.
Oh, Lord won't you buy me an S.I.G. Sauer,
My friends all have Glocks, I need more firepower.
Oh, Lord won't you buy me an infrared scope,
My picatinny's barren, I have no real hope.
That's so beautiful. *snif* But a 1911 was good enough for grandpa, it's good enough for me.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Pitchguest wrote: http://cbr3.imgix.net/2016/10/1587932-xl.jpg

I know I butchered that quote but it was on purpose I wanted to reply to what Pitchguest said and also talk about the offending cover.

As to Pitchguest's point. I live just north of Atlanta in a large apartment complex (I think it's over 1000 units) and most of my neighbors are black. It's been over 80F(26C) almost every day since late March here. 15 year old black girls certainly can and do dress like that in real life. Some 15 year olds are sexual creatures ( I was on the hunt at that age) and it's crazy to pretend otherwise.

Now to the cover. It was drawn by J. Scott Campbell. Campbell made his name in 90s on Spider-man covers before breaking off and creating his own stuff. His own stuff being the Danger Girl comic. His style is unique, and pretty awesome if you don't look at the way legs attach to hips.
http://www.idwpublishing.com/wp-content ... vr_111.jpg

Anyway like I said Campbell created Danger Girl a comic about strong women almost 20 years ago and it's still being published today. Outside of Wonder Woman I don't think there were any other female lead comics at the time. But do they give a fuck about that? No.

So they have gone after Frank Cho and he just blows them off and trolls them. They have now come after Campbell. Looking at his twitter he is not backing down and just seems confused about what is happening. I am genuinely afraid they will go after Terry Moore next.

Terry Moore is a musical turned comic creator. He will do a cover for the big companies every now and then and he did a "Mary Jane Loves Spider-man" mini series but mostly he just creates his own stuff. He is most known for "Strangers in Paradise" about a couple of lesbians. It was great. You should read it. Anyway if these assholes were to attack him I think he might cave. Which sucks because I am really looking forward to his new series. It's about a female mechanic who works on flying saucers. There is also a gorilla.

http://www.comicsforsinners.com/wp-cont ... 98x300.jpg

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

comhcinc wrote:
Pitchguest wrote: [.img]http://cbr3.imgix.net/2016/10/1587932-xl.jpg[/img]

I know I butchered that quote but it was on purpose I wanted to reply to what Pitchguest said and also talk about the offending cover.

As to Pitchguest's point. I live just north of Atlanta in a large apartment complex (I think it's over 1000 units) and most of my neighbors are black. It's been over 80F(26C) almost every day since late March here. 15 year old black girls certainly can and do dress like that in real life. Some 15 year olds are sexual creatures ( I was on the hunt at that age) and it's crazy to pretend otherwise.
Well, of course they do, and of course they are! We've all been teenagers, and we all know they come in all shapes and sizes (and pretensions). To pretend that "black young women don't dress that way" is frankly absurd.
Now to the cover. It was drawn by J. Scott Campbell. Campbell made his name in 90s on Spider-man covers before breaking off and creating his own stuff. His own stuff being the Danger Girl comic. His style is unique, and pretty awesome if you don't look at the way legs attach to hips.
[.img]http://www.idwpublishing.com/wp-content ... vr_111.jpg[/img]

Anyway like I said Campbell created Danger Girl a comic about strong women almost 20 years ago and it's still being published today. Outside of Wonder Woman I don't think there were any other female lead comics at the time. But do they give a fuck about that? No.

So they have gone after Frank Cho and he just blows them off and trolls them. They have now come after Campbell. Looking at his twitter he is not backing down and just seems confused about what is happening. I am genuinely afraid they will go after Terry Moore next.

Terry Moore is a musical turned comic creator. He will do a cover for the big companies every now and then and he did a "Mary Jane Loves Spider-man" mini series but mostly he just creates his own stuff. He is most known for "Strangers in Paradise" about a couple of lesbians. It was great. You should read it. Anyway if these assholes were to attack him I think he might cave. Which sucks because I am really looking forward to his new series. It's about a female mechanic who works on flying saucers. There is also a gorilla.

[.img]http://www.comicsforsinners.com/wp-cont ... 98x300.jpg[/img]
The difference between you and them is that you buy your comic books. They don't. I bet you if they get their clutches at another franchise, inject their ideology and declare victory, it's going to fail because none of them actually stick with and buy the comic book they set out to advertise and defend! Lady Thor didn't even last two years. And that was a big fucking deal. Thor passing the hammer to a woman. But then they forgot to put their money where their mouth is. :violin:

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

This Campbell, Scott J. guy - is no Curt Swan, he's not even an Al Plastino

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Pitchguest wrote: The difference between you and them is that you buy your comic books. They don't. I bet you if they get their clutches at another franchise, inject their ideology and declare victory, it's going to fail because none of them actually stick with and buy the comic book they set out to advertise and defend! Lady Thor didn't even last two years. And that was a big fucking deal. Thor passing the hammer to a woman. But then they forgot to put their money where their mouth is. :violin:
Lady Thor seems to be a big talking point for a lot of people. You have to be careful there. It's true it there was a lot of hype and then it sales dropped off and it never sold well. I didn't read it so I am not going to comment on the story telling but the idea that it was heavily influenced by modern feminism is out there.

Here are some things that are not true. In comics Thor passing the hammer really wasn't a big deal. In my lifetime Thor has been a crippled old doctor, a handsome young paramedic, a frog, an architect, a horse faced alien, and now a woman. It's a story and comics reset all the time. The broader media sometimes notice these changes on slow news days. It happened with the 92 death of Superman (which is one of about dozen times he has died) or the 07 death of Captian America (again he has died plenty of times before and I think a couple of times since). The title actually had a decent run for a modern comic. It was probably always slated to end about the time it did because of the cross overs. Oh and Lady Thor is still Lady Thor. And her comic is still ongoing. The original Thor has a new comic coming out next month.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

MarcusAu wrote:This Campbell, Scott J. guy - is no Curt Swan, he's not even an Al Plastino
I really like Campbell's art. He just sometimes has issues with women's legs where they connect to the hip. He did Superman stuff and I think pegged it pretty well.

http://d1466nnw0ex81e.cloudfront.net/n_ ... 909891.jpg

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Take a look at the following cover by Brian Bolland. You can actually determine which artist he is referencing when he draws each character.

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/mar ... 0511045220

And the writing is not too bad either.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

I have sworn off Batman comics. Otherwise they will never learn.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Re: Iron-Girl or Black-Iron or whatever they are calling the character now.

I'm not sure if it's Marvel pandering to it's perceived customer base, or if they are trying to gin up some free publicity in the mainstream media (whatever that now means), or if the writers have some SJW sympathies themselves.

It could a perfect storm of all three.

nb I've been enjoying Lady Thor-man (or at least the comic version thereof) - the writing is not too bad - but perhaps appropriately for a Scandinavian (ish) character - the pacing is at glacial speed.

paddybrown

Post by paddybrown »

Pitchguest wrote: The best part is that Marvel keeps pandering to these people despite knowing that doing it will cost them. Lady Thor, heavily marketed by feminists after its reimagining Thor as a woman, was cancelled due to poor sales. Mockingbird, another comic book franchise that goes back to the 70's, and also heavily marketed by feminists after its recquisition by self-proclaimed social justice warriors, recently got cancelled due to poor sales. They just do not buy comic books. They love the idea of women in comic books, but they don't buy them.
Exactly my point about Mary Whitehouse and The Singing Detective. I'm not even sure they do love the idea of women in comic books. They just get off on being outraged - and if there's nothing obvious to get outraged about, they'll get outraged about nothing - and on making demands.

(There's a very good Lindybeige video about AD/BC and CE/BCE, where he proposes retaining the abbreviations AD and BC, but changing what they stand for to "Ascending Dates" and "Backwards Chronology" to remove any religious connotations that anyone might object to. But he concludes that wouldn't satisfy the politically correct, because what they really want is to exert power by forcing other people to change their behaviour.)

But you're right that there's no benefit in pandering to them. Even if you follow their demands to the letter, you won't get them to buy it, and you alienate the people who do buy it.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

comhcinc wrote:I have sworn off Batman comics. Otherwise they will never learn.
It's more of a Bat-Mite / Mxylptlk (spell check that!) comic.

piginthecity

Post by piginthecity »

screwtape wrote:

Pinner? I used to work at Northwick Park Hospital.
I used to fish at Stanmore ponds and eat at the Wimpy Bar !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oglebart

Post by Oglebart »

Here is a case of SJW style pandering causing actual harm to a young boy whose mother was forcing him to grow up as a girl. He's been sent to live with his father now.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ghter.html

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Too late for Trafalgar day - but nevertheless I'll post it

"Kiss Me Hardy" must be one of the classic examples of last words - right up there with Oscar Wilde's "Either those curtains go or I do".

However, I have heard that he was mis-quoted and that he actually said "Kismet Hardy" ie that it was fate or destiny that had brought him to this.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Pitchguest wrote:The difference between you and them is that you buy your comic books. They don't. I bet you if they get their clutches at another franchise, inject their ideology and declare victory, it's going to fail because none of them actually stick with and buy the comic book they set out to advertise and defend!
They don't actually care about comic books. Just like Sarkeesian doesn't actually care about video games. She praised Beyond Good and Evil (which had the same features she hated in other video games, like "sexual signifiers", violence and lack of realism) just because other "feminist pop culture critics" loved it. She praised the Scythian because that's a game which SJW hipsters love. She's friendly with Joss Whedon because he's well-connected to other feminist in the media, even though using the same criteria for "feminist analysis" (i.e. taking bits out of context and calling them sexist) Whedon's work is just as anti-feminist as a lot of the stuff she's criticized.

She obviously enjoys certain video games (probably Candy Crush and other puzzle games), but hates not just some titles, but some genres, like first person shooters and fight games. That's just like wanting to be a movie critic and hating all action movies and horror movies not because of some assessment of quality but just because they're action movies or horror movies. But in the end it doesn't matter.

Radical feminist "critiques" and attacks to pop culture aren't about pop culture itself. It's all virtue-signalling and social manipulation through media campaigns. It's all about telling other feminists that you're "doing something" and about emotionally and socially blackmailing authors and forcing them to cave to your demands. It's all about getting society to conform to their standards and making those who don't pariahs. The same thing happened in the Big Rift in atheism. The explicit intent of Myers and the others who expelled Thunderfoot from FTB was to turn him into a pariah, and SJW atheists care less and less about atheism or secularism.

Missionary religious groups and political ideologies operate in the same way. It's never about what you've done or not done, it's all about how pious you are, how many rules you respect, how well do you know the dogma, how obedient you are. It's all about punishing the heretics, the schismatics, the nonbelievers and the apostates. It's all about enforcing the One True Dogma, and about gaining prominence in your "church" by successfully labeling your rivals as heretical and gaining prominence in society by implementing your dogmas in institutions and by converting enough people to turn the nonbelievers into pariahs while you make sure that everything is under control and there are no schisms in your movement and that no one can leave it without being punished.

TL;DR: No wonder the SJWs don't support the entertainment they praise. Social is not about creating things you enjoy, it's about social control and manipulation.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

In many cases it's not even a conscious process, it's just a set of natural social and psychological consequences that stem from promoting the idea of a specific moral dogma, a specific meme detached from reality and which cannot be questioned. When there's no room not only for disagreement, but for correction, the specifics of the dogma end up not really mattering in the long run. It's all about being faithful to the dogma, whatever it is, even if you don't really understand it and it doesn't make any sense.

Radical feminism and critical theory in general are self-replicating mind viruses.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

MarcusAu wrote:Re: Iron-Girl or Black-Iron or whatever they are calling the character now.

I'm not sure if it's Marvel pandering to it's perceived customer base, or if they are trying to gin up some free publicity in the mainstream media (whatever that now means), or if the writers have some SJW sympathies themselves.

It could a perfect storm of all three.

nb I've been enjoying Lady Thor-man (or at least the comic version thereof) - the writing is not too bad - but perhaps appropriately for a Scandinavian (ish) character - the pacing is at glacial speed.

Marvel announced a big push to deserve it's comics a couple of years back. So we get black Spider-man, Thor with tits, Asian Hulk, Muslim Ms Marvel, and black teenage female Iron man.

As long as the stories are compelling I don't care. Like I said before more of these stories will reset at some point. Stan Lee was recently asked about this stuff and he said he thought creating new characters is better and I agree with him but like most things this will past.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

I'm not so sure about the significance of splintering ("Splitters!").

Can anyone think of any group organised to accomplish anything that has not had factions or splinter groups?

There may be something about True Believers (ideological or religious) vs Heretics though that causes much venom and bile to be spilt, as it is a battle for control.

Even if there had never been 'Deep Rifts' in the 'Atheist Movement' Myers would still be a cunt.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

:nin:

Damn it - Kirbmarc got in before me by replying to his own comic.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

*comment (Ha!)

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Hat-Trick!

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

MarcusAu wrote:
comhcinc wrote:I have sworn off Batman comics. Otherwise they will never learn.
It's more of a Bat-Mite / Mxyzptlk (spell check that!) comic.
You say that like it's a good thing.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

You sound grumpy - may you should get something to eat.

How about some Milk and Cheese? ("Dairy Products Gone Bad!) - from the same writer (Evan Dorkin).

http://comicscomicsmag.com/wp-content/u ... seinks.jpg

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

From Milk & Cheese to Bat-mite. How the mighty have fallen.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Next you will be telling me that you don't enjoy Carl Barks work.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

MarcusAu wrote:Next you will be telling me that you don't enjoy Carl Barks work.
Not in the least but when I was living off of buying and selling comic I made a lot of money off of his stuff.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

MarcusAu wrote:You sound grumpy - may you should get something to eat.

How about some Milk and Cheese? ("Dairy Products Gone Bad!) - from the same writer (Evan Dorkin).
Oddly enough when I read Eltingville I couldn't help but repeatedly think "this is how the Sarkeesians of the world see nerd culture."

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

I thought soldiers wear camouflage to creep about in enemy territory.

No, soldiers creep about in enemy territory to excuse their fondness for racist facepaint.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/ho ... 69291.html

http://imgur.com/UrU1Stm.jpg

feathers

Post by feathers »

"That's a beautiful garden you have here, Mr Bear. So natural. So... frail. Mind if I scrape my antlers at this tree? Thanks. Point is, Mr Bear, gardens like this can't go without protection, if you get my drift."

Søren Lilholt

Post by Søren Lilholt »

Ape+lust wrote:I thought soldiers wear camouflage to creep about in enemy territory.

No, soldiers creep about in enemy territory to excuse their fondness for racist facepaint.

Every time it looks like we've hit peak-SJW, they scale another height.

'Armies shouldn't wear dark camoflage because it's racist' is where this nonsense could actually start to cost lives. Bastards. Absolute, utter bastards.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

MarcusAu wrote:Too late for Trafalgar day - but nevertheless I'll post it

"Kiss Me Hardy" must be one of the classic examples of last words - right up there with Oscar Wilde's "Either those curtains go or I do".

However, I have heard that he was mis-quoted and that he actually said "Kismet Hardy" ie that it was fate or destiny that had brought him to this.
The "Kismet, Hardy" was a bowdlerisation introduced by, I think, Robert Southey in his Life of Nelson designed to hide the possible homoeroticism of the moment from delicate Victorian ears. Dirty minds on those Victorians.

Oglebart

Post by Oglebart »

feathers wrote:
"That's a beautiful garden you have here, Mr Bear. So natural. So... frail. Mind if I scrape my antlers at this tree? Thanks. Point is, Mr Bear, gardens like this can't go without protection, if you get my drift."
Ha, remember " I will fucking cut you, abear" Coming back to haunt you FTP. :D

Oglebart

Post by Oglebart »

Ape+lust wrote:I thought soldiers wear camouflage to creep about in enemy territory.

It's a bit obvious that would cause a shitstorm though. I couldn't agree more that the reaction will be over the top but tweeting that picture out is not a clever move. Maybe they just don't give a fuck. However. Anthill Mob.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

It was the video of the soldier singing 'Mammy' that crossed the line.