The Refuge of the Toads

Old subthreads
Steersman

Re: The Refuge of the Toads

Post by Steersman »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Luxander of the Orbit's Metaphorical Penis waves around a metaphorical penis. He/xe/it has a patreon now btw.
[.youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYEgm-xdTfM[/youtube]
Well, well. I had been wondering where I seen/read her before, and then remembered that she had been a guest poster on Zinnia Jones blog at FTB some time ago on the topic of Trans People Need Abortion Access, Too. A salient portion illustrating the po-mo-madness of social constructionism:
First of all, not all women are capable of getting pregnant. Trans women can’t get pregnant, and a lot of cis women can’t get pregnant because of various health reasons. But they’re still women. Second of all, many non-women can get pregnant, such as trans men, non-binary people, and some intersex people. (Some of whom may or may not identify themselves as women.)
Those interested in the topic, or who tend to masochism, may wish to check out my comments thereat, including "conversations" with the estimable H.J. Hornbeck. Luxander's response to one of my sallies:
Lux Pickel
January 3, 2016 at 6:08 AM Reply
27 @22 Steersman

You’re continuing to make biological essentialist and dictionary-definition arguments requiring that we have biological defintions for woman: “produces ova/sperm”.

You are being willfully ignorant of the fact that gender and sex are separate social constructs and further comments of this type will be deleted. ...
Typical reliance on "social constructs" to justify highly questionable dogma. Although I suppose if you start off using that framework to begin with then that result is probably not terribly surprising.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/widow-of-fa ... -pregnant/
BATON ROUGE -- The widow of a Baton Rouge officer who was killed in July during an ambush on police, said in an interview with CBS affiliate WAFB Tuesday, that she is pregnant.
“It’s divine intervention, it’s all God’s plan,” Dechia Gerald said. “It’s in his plan, I don’t know why and I can’t question why. I just have to move forward and in the days and years to come, I know it’s going to be difficult because the baby has no idea who his father is but it’s going to be my job that he does or she does know who its father is.”
Sounds like her god is a major asshole. Baby conceived, BAM! Dead father.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Brive1987 wrote:
comhcinc wrote:
Badger3k wrote:
Maybe the goal was to look like an extra from Caddyshack or any other 70s-80s movie? I had clothes like that as a kid.
It's a popular style now. I don't understand why anyone would care that she is dressing like millions of other hipsters.
Because she is a mindless vindictive enemy of reason.

And she posted it looking for "oh no Becky-boo, you're awesomeness is never clothes dependant."
There are actual several good reasons to judge her clothes and hair. First, you are sending a message by how you dress and groom. If you dress thug, you're gonna be taken for a thug. One doesn't accidentally dye your hair blue, pink or flame red. You wear the uniform, don't be surprised if you're taken for one of the folk you're emulating. I still shake my head at the angry people of my fair city that got indignant that police were targeting young POCs that were dressed in gang colors.

Watson claims to be a skeptic and science communicator. Bill Nye may not be a scientist, but he dresses and sounds the part. He plays the role well. Dressing like Watson says you know where to find a flat white and pot. And she isn't young enough to play science nerd anymore. She's trying to be a professional, but it doesn't work. All while she makes fun of Trump's hair. People in glass houses.

That's what Welch never got about science babe, if you've got a schtic it better match the part.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

VickyCaramel wrote:Apparently, the lead designer wanted to build diversity into the game. ...without losing realism.

Do you think it looks like he succeeded?
Yes. Why do you ask?

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Brive1987 wrote:
No. She is a 30 something pothead who is past her 15 minutes.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

comhcinc wrote:
VickyCaramel wrote:Apparently, the lead designer wanted to build diversity into the game. ...without losing realism.

Yes. Why do you ask?
Meh. We've got diversity in our lamb ads.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: There are actual several good reasons to judge her clothes and hair.
Okay let's see what you got Captain.
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:First, you are sending a message by how you dress and groom.
Yup and in that picture she is dressing like millions of other people dress everyday.
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: If you dress thug, you're gonna be taken for a thug.
Or an hip hop artist.

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:One doesn't accidentally dye your hair blue, pink or flame red.
I did once. Jack and Manic Panic can be a tricky combination.
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: You wear the uniform, don't be surprised if you're taken for one of the folk you're emulating. I still shake my head at the angry people of my fair city that got indignant that police were targeting young POCs that were dressed in gang colors.
I shake my head at people who think gangs get to choose what young POCs get to wear.
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:Watson claims to be a skeptic and science communicator. Bill Nye may not be a scientist, but he dresses and sounds the part.
Does he? Cause he dress like a three year old/
http://cdn.skim.gs/images/brvtqtikbdr26 ... s-bill-nye

Also I have nothing against Nye but a lot of people think he is jerk.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

KiwiInOz wrote:
comhcinc wrote:

Yes. Why do you ask?
Meh. We've got diversity in our lamb ads.
Lamb is expensive around my parts so I don't often get it even though I really like it. The other day one of the local grocery stores had some ground lamb on quick sale so I got and made a shepherd's pie for the first time. It was okay and two thirds of the kids really enjoyed it.

I counted it as a win.

John D

Post by John D »

Shit... my dog just got blasted in the face by a skunk. The little ass-hole thinks he was put on this earth to attack small mammals.

My daughter was smokin a joint on the back porch with her boyfriend. The dog was sitting next to them when... bam... he bolted off the porch at a skunk.

I think it blasted him right in the face. I washed him three times outside with dish liquid, peroxide, and baking soda. I washed him two more times in the basement tube with the same mix.

I can't get the smell off from his license tag. I have it soaking in vinegar.

Haha... the whole house stinks and my wife is pissed as hell.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

John tomato juice is the answer. Soak the dog and the tags in tomato juice.

CaptainFluffyBunny

comhcinc wrote:snip
http://cdn.skim.gs/images/brvtqtikbdr26 ... s-bill-nye

Also I have nothing against Nye but a lot of people think he is jerk.
My wife worked with him when she was working in TV. Said he was very cool and much like his public persona, albeit with more swearing. She was (and is) quite attractive, and he never gave any indication that he was a poon hound. Enthusiastic and nerdy.

We all evaluate and make judgements about appearances. The judgements vary according to our experiences, but it is disingenuous to say we don't make them.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

comhcinc wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: You wear the uniform, don't be surprised if you're taken for one of the folk you're emulating. I still shake my head at the angry people of my fair city that got indignant that police were targeting young POCs that were dressed in gang colors.
I shake my head at people who think gangs get to choose what young POCs get to wear.
You've got it the wrong way round. The young POCs choose to wear what the gangs wear. Because young POC culture is intricately involved with gangs via music, the media, social media, and all else.

CaptainFluffyBunny

John D wrote:Shit... my dog just got blasted in the face by a skunk. The little ass-hole thinks he was put on this earth to attack small mammals.

My daughter was smokin a joint on the back porch with her boyfriend. The dog was sitting next to them when... bam... he bolted off the porch at a skunk.

I think it blasted him right in the face. I washed him three times outside with dish liquid, peroxide, and baking soda. I washed him two more times in the basement tube with the same mix.

Tomato juice gets a fair bit, some enzyme stuff might get the rest. You'll find it in most pet stores, maybe even Wally World. Poor critter.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: My wife worked with him when she was working in TV. Said he was very cool and much like his public persona, albeit with more swearing. She was (and is) quite attractive, and he never gave any indication that he was a poon hound. Enthusiastic and nerdy.
I wasn't talking about his personal life, even though there are plenty of stories of him being a jerk to fans, I meant that he comes off as arrogant to a lot of people in his role as a science communicator. Yeah and a lot of people that have an issue with him do it so for political reasons but I think he makes it easy for them. I mean fuck, he is calling his new show Bill Nye Saves the World. That's an arrogant title for a tv show.

No I don't think he does that good a job at all.

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:We all evaluate and make judgements about appearances. The judgements vary according to our experiences, but it is disingenuous to say we don't make them.
Meh.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
comhcinc wrote:
You've got it the wrong way round. The young POCs choose to wear what the gangs wear. Because young POC culture is intricately involved with gangs via music, the media, social media, and all else.
Please provide proof for this statement.

CaptainFluffyBunny

comhcinc wrote:snip
I wasn't talking about his personal life, even though there are plenty of stories of him being a jerk to fans, I meant that he comes off as arrogant to a lot of people in his role as a science communicator. Yeah and a lot of people that have an issue with him do it so for political reasons but I think he makes it easy for them. I mean fuck, he is calling his new show Bill Nye Saves the World. That's an arrogant title for a tv show.

No I don't think he does that good a job at all.

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:We all evaluate and make judgements about appearances. The judgements vary according to our experiences, but it is disingenuous to say we don't make them.
Meh.
How meh? If you're serious, you're psychologically unique. We've evolved and survived for millions of years by our ability to peercieve threats. We evaluate people very carefully. You said you worked the door of bars as a bouncer, you have to use All sorts of clues from dress, grooming and behavior, especially how a person carries themselves. I've done that job, you don't pretend people are all the same and survive.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: How meh? If you're serious, you're psychologically unique. We've evolved and survived for millions of years by our ability to peercieve threats. We evaluate people very carefully. You said you worked the door of bars as a bouncer, you have to use All sorts of clues from dress, grooming and behavior, especially how a person carries themselves. I've done that job, you don't pretend people are all the same and survive.
Meh as in I was acknowledging your comment will dismissing as something I really want to discuss.

The problem with your bouncer analogy is the person who we are talking about being judged (Watson) looks like a hipster which is such a normal part of our culture at this point that even taco bell are using them in their commercials.

My point that discussing what she looks like and chooses to wear endless is pointless. Nothing is gain other than she is following normal fashion trends and on the other hand everyone sounds like 13 year old girls being catty. I mean if we just have to act like a gossip site can't we pick someone interesting instead of an out of work pothead?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

comhcinc wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
No, she is a vindictive bitch who will smash, hurt and damage where and however she can.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Brive1987 wrote:
comhcinc wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
No, she is a vindictive bitch who will smash, hurt and damage where and however she can.

Except she can't smash or hurt anyone because she is an out of work lazy pothead.

Hitler was only scary because he had an army.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Watson seems to do alright getting her barbs out there.

She almost certainly energised the charge against Dawkin's. She can snap her fingers and get 10K to put a stalwart like Radford back in his box. She got a speaking gig at Skepticon (such as that is). She has claws in the Mythmakers, time on her hands and blood to draw.

No. If it's alright with you, I will keep my lonely watch upon the wall.

:violin:

CaptainFluffyBunny

comhcinc wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
comhcinc wrote:

Except she can't smash or hurt anyone because she is an out of work lazy pothead.

Hitler was only scary because he had an army.
You might ask Skeptickle about that dox that Watson relayed, or the speakers she's blacklisted, or any other number of people she's stomped on. Or even those of us that don't like being accused of being MRAs or rape apologists.

She is not operating in a vacuum. She has hurt people and will happily hurt others out of spite.

blitzem

Post by blitzem »

screwtape wrote:
Women_scientists_do_it_right.jpg
I saved it. :mrgreen:

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

John D wrote:Shit... my dog just got blasted in the face by a skunk. The little ass-hole thinks he was put on this earth to attack small mammals.

This is what happens when you do drugs.

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

So I've been treating my skin (not really a treat) with topical 5% Fluorouracil cream for the past 2 weeks in order to remove some basal cell carcinomas and other sun-damaged skin. I'm here to tell you that it is not a pleasant experience. Granted, it does seem to be very effective in removing the little bastards, but boy is it uncomfortable. At first, my face looked like I walked into the business end of a 12 gauge shotgun, but now that the treatment is over, it looks (and feels) as if I have a bad road rash on my face.

I was lucky, because I could stay mostly inside for a couple of weeks. I couldn't imagine going to work looking like this. Mostly, it just hurts. Has anyone else had to do this? I suppose I shouldn't complain. Through the magic of biochemistry, I'm getting rid of something that would have probably killed me eventually. Next up...my shoulders. I can't wait.

"We pay when old for the excesses of youth." - J. B. Priestley

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Brive1987 wrote:Watson seems to do alright getting her barbs out there.

She almost certainly energised the charge against Dawkin's. She can snap her fingers and get 10K to put a stalwart like Radford back in his box. She got a speaking gig at Skepticon (such as that is). She has claws in the Mythmakers, time on her hands and blood to draw.

No. If it's alright with you, I will keep my lonely watch upon the wall.

:violin:
The charge against Dawkin's that resulted in he not going to one conference. Now isn't the basic opinion around here that cons are all big jokes anyway?

She has a small number of people who will give her money if she ask. Good for her, pot isn't free.

She got a speaking at a con which again many here say are big jokes.

Mythmakers? Mythbusters? That show that isn't on the air anymore? Good for her. Who cares? Are you jealous?
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: You might ask Skeptickle about that dox that Watson relayed, or the speakers she's blacklisted, or any other number of people she's stomped on. Or even those of us that don't like being accused of being MRAs or rape apologists.

She is not operating in a vacuum. She has hurt people and will happily hurt others out of spite.

Yes Skep was doxed. And the fall out was what exactly? If the ability to dox someone makes you powerful then lots of 14 year olds are to be feared. Again with the cons. Are cons really really important and controlled by important people who should be listened to or are they jokes? I don't care which people choose I just want consistency. She has talked shit about people. So have I. So have you. So have all of us. Outside of skeptic cons (which may or may not be important) what effects has that have?

She is a nobody. Focusing on her now is pointless.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Oh btw, I give Brive a pass on the Watson thing. He claimed her years ago. The rest of us should move on.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

mordacious1 wrote:So I've been treating my skin (not really a treat) with topical 5% Fluorouracil cream for the past 2 weeks in order to remove some basal cell carcinomas and other sun-damaged skin. I'm here to tell you that it is not a pleasant experience. Granted, it does seem to be very effective in removing the little bastards, but boy is it uncomfortable. At first, my face looked like I walked into the business end of a 12 gauge shotgun, but now that the treatment is over, it looks (and feels) as if I have a bad road rash on my face.

I was lucky, because I could stay mostly inside for a couple of weeks. I couldn't imagine going to work looking like this. Mostly, it just hurts. Has anyone else had to do this? I suppose I shouldn't complain. Through the magic of biochemistry, I'm getting rid of something that would have probably killed me eventually. Next up...my shoulders. I can't wait.

"We pay when old for the excesses of youth." - J. B. Priestley

Hmmm

http://i.imgur.com/aMl2fx0.jpg

Jesus fuck dude! I didn't realize that was your picture in your avatar!

Shit sorry dude. I didn't start having sun burns until a couple years ago. Global warming, old age, I don't know but as a youth I ran around wearing nothing but a pair of Watson shorts with no issue. The only problem I have every had when it comes to skin is chromhidrosis which doesn't really compare. Just makes me look like a dirty immigrant.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Shatterface wrote:
Black Lives Matter protesters close London City Airport runway

Flights at London City Airport were disrupted after protesters gained access to the runway.

The Met Police said it was called to the site at about 05:40 BST after nine protesters erected a tripod and "locked themselves together" on the runway.

The Black Lives Matter UK movement confirmed it was responsible for the protest.
That's a terrific reason for arresting and fining them. I'd also claim damages if I were airport director.

feathers

Post by feathers »

jet_lagg wrote:I read about that the other day. My favorite line:
"highlight the UK's environmental impact on the lives of black people locally and globally"
"World to End Tomorrow - women, minorities hardest hit"
Because blacks take the train when visiting Africa? Think carefully before you answer, BLM.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Really? wrote:
comhcinc wrote:I am just saying that we shouldn't be judging books by their covers which sucks because I recognized the woman right away.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christina_Richey
The wikipedia page that you so kindly included notes that Dr. Richey (who is indeed far, far smarter than I am), is engaged in SJW activity. Shitloads of it.
Enjoy your lunch, Com.

https://s3media.247sports.com/Uploads/A ... 885997.jpg

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

feathers wrote:
Really? wrote:
comhcinc wrote:I am just saying that we shouldn't be judging books by their covers which sucks because I recognized the woman right away.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christina_Richey
The wikipedia page that you so kindly included notes that Dr. Richey (who is indeed far, far smarter than I am), is engaged in SJW activity. Shitloads of it.
Enjoy your lunch, Com.

https://s3media.247sports.com/Uploads/A ... 885997.jpg
Is the assumption I didn't know what was on the wikipedia page? Cause I knew who she was and knew aboot her anti harassment stuff. That why I said it sucked.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Brive1987 wrote:
Tigzy wrote:
ERV wrote: Also found out today an R01 I helped with might actually get funded. I could not be a PI on it, as the call was for Big Wigs/Collaborations, but my data was the foundation, and getting it funded gives me substantial breathing room+connections to get a K99/my own money. Its huge. Im going to throw up.
I have very little idea of what much of that means, but it seems good - so congrats!
Ditto. :dance:

A K99 eh? Google tells me:
"an independent tenure-track or equivalent research position. Pathway to Independence Award (K99/R00)"
Oh, I thought it was an extra dog, or a very big dog.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

comhcinc wrote:
Yes Skep was doxed. And the fall out was what exactly? If the ability to dox someone makes you powerful then lots of 14 year olds are to be feared. Again with the cons. Are cons really really important and controlled by important people who should be listened to or are they jokes? I don't care which people choose I just want consistency. She has talked shit about people. So have I. So have you. So have all of us. Outside of skeptic cons (which may or may not be important) what effects has that have?

She is a nobody. Focusing on her now is pointless.
If people want to talk about someone (or anyone) - then who am I (or who are you) to say they shouldn't talk about them?.

As far as shit-talking goes do you think it is really making that big a difference to her life what someone on the Slymepit says? Did it make any difference to the people you chose to shit-talk about?

The importance or lack thereof of conventions is an emergent property - some are better than others - their relevance and quality may change. Like the curates egg they can be good in parts.

Right - so you want people to be consistent, to have a point and to talk about things that are relevant. I suspect most of us get the conversations that we are looking for - so the best thing to do would be to lead by example.

And good luck in your future Internet endeavours / interactions.

feathers

Post by feathers »

comhcinc wrote:Every couple of months I get to hang out with ERV and pick her brain.

She deserve every praise she gets and we are lucky to have her.
But don't you EVER dye her hair purple.

feathers

Post by feathers »

AndrewV69 wrote:Cousin marriage is a cultural practise that leads to economic concentration of wealth and resources within a family. It just happens to be endorsed in the religion. I doubt it would have got much traction getting started if it did not.

Where it went wrong was in not forbidding it like the Christian church did. The Church apparently wanted to break the power of the local elites and forbidding cousin marriage was a good way of reducing the accumulation of family power by the resources it controlled.

I doubt anyone was thinking too much about genetics in those days. Rather the focus was on power and the accumulation thereof.
Which leads to a number of power islands in the country, each of which is vying for power, effectively making democracy in such countries unattainable.

feathers

Post by feathers »

The judge, who described Choudary as calculating and dangerous, passed the same sentence on his confidant Mohammed Mizanur Rahman, 33.

Both men were also sentenced to a notification order lasting 15 years, which requires them to tell police if details such as their address change.
Because someone who's prepared to murder innocents for his ideals is certainly prepared to sit tight and follow government orders.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

comhcinc wrote:Oh btw, I give Brive a pass on the Watson thing. He claimed her years ago. The rest of us should move on.
Thanks, but the only freebie hall pass I'm focused on is the one with the wife over Marisa Tomei.

And all she wants in return is the butcher.

:dance:

feathers

Post by feathers »

dogen wrote:I do have a couple of lectures about Cosmic Expansion, which is what Tom is all aboot.
Comic expansion, more like.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Brive1987 wrote:
Thanks, but the only freebie hall pass I'm focused on is the one with the wife over Marisa Tomei.

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

Tribble wrote:
ERV wrote: R01 = grown ups research money. no way anyone would/should give me this kind of money these days.
K99 = newbs research money (me). really fucking hard to get. government can bail on you if you fuck up in the first couple years. hopefully leads to R01s.
Lots of other moneys = gotta catch 'em all if you dont get the K99, hopefully can eventually get an R01.
Also, R01 science is dead. So, theres that. Dont worry about it. Thats Future Abbies problem.

This grant maybe getting funded gives me time to get other money if I dont get the K99 (srsly, really fucking hard).

She politely understates this. I see power-PhDs who are brilliant in every way not get there. So this is a BIG DEAL. And it's tough phase in her career because now she has convince people that her work is worthy of research money and the NIH tends to be skeptical.

But, if her PI is good, s/he'll help her through the grant writing process and everything will work out.
PI is fantastic, collaborators are fantastic, I am (and have been) a lucky fucker getting support from people who want me to succeed. And I still might fail-- Ive seen people far more clever than me go bust. I don't take shit for granted. I try to soak up all the not-science lessons around me I can. 'Game of Thrones' ain't got shit on 2016 Science...

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Congrats Abbie on this new prospect!

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

So. Does the picinniny get thrown in as part of a job lot?

http://i.imgur.com/iXkFVBM.jpg

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

MarcusAu wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:

[.youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLKbcrC0krQ[/youtube]
So you are saying butcher should be conditional on my successful conquest eh? :think:

I've been had.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Brive1987 wrote:So. Does the picinniny get thrown in as part of a job lot?
If the picinniny is a 6 months old Italian-American sandwich, I'd skip it.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

ERV wrote:
Tribble wrote:
ERV wrote: R01 = grown ups research money. no way anyone would/should give me this kind of money these days.
K99 = newbs research money (me). really fucking hard to get. government can bail on you if you fuck up in the first couple years. hopefully leads to R01s.
Lots of other moneys = gotta catch 'em all if you dont get the K99, hopefully can eventually get an R01.
Also, R01 science is dead. So, theres that. Dont worry about it. Thats Future Abbies problem.

This grant maybe getting funded gives me time to get other money if I dont get the K99 (srsly, really fucking hard).

She politely understates this. I see power-PhDs who are brilliant in every way not get there. So this is a BIG DEAL. And it's tough phase in her career because now she has convince people that her work is worthy of research money and the NIH tends to be skeptical.

But, if her PI is good, s/he'll help her through the grant writing process and everything will work out.
PI is fantastic, collaborators are fantastic, I am (and have been) a lucky fucker getting support from people who want me to succeed. And I still might fail-- Ive seen people far more clever than me go bust. I don't take shit for granted. I try to soak up all the not-science lessons around me I can. 'Game of Thrones' ain't got shit on 2016 Science...
Congratz and good luck.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:So. Does the picinniny get thrown in as part of a job lot?
If the picinniny is a 6 months old Italian-American sandwich, I'd skip it.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_uYTbZGDfHCY/S ... atbaby.jpg

Malky

Post by Malky »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:

Tomato juice gets a fair bit, some enzyme stuff might get the rest. You'll find it in most pet stores, maybe even Wally World. Poor critter.
Given how sensitive a dogs nose is compared to ours how bad do you think it is for him? :o

gurugeorge

Post by gurugeorge »

comhcinc wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:Com, I'm curious.

Now that you have ruled out a virtue signal that you have a firewall erected against the norms of a patriarchal society ......

Did you miscalculate but then become entranced in appalled wonderment?

Or was it a charmingly simple "I like that colour and feel the need to reflect it in my hair for others enjoyment". If so, would you consider a matching full face tattoo in that shade? Or would that be ... too much?

Maybe it was a "fuck you, I'm my own person" scream against the machine?

I need to know.
I just like unnatural hair colors. Simple as that. My hair has been pretty much the full Roy G Biv at one point or another. I don't get my picture took a lot so this is pretty much the best picture evidence I happen to have access to but I have been coloring my hair since I was a teenager.

I mean I can't say for sure if it's not a little bit of "look at me I'm so different" but I really don't think so. I just like it.
I like coloured hairs too, sartorially I'm pretty much a hippy myself.

It's unfortunate that dyed hair and retro glasses styles have become a badge for SJWs, but it has; betting on the lady above being an SJW would have been a good bet.

Dyed hair is a fairly popular fashion overall, but it seems to be a fashion followed almost uniformly among SJWs, there's no getting over it.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

It's worth drawing a distinction between people who dye their hair another, natural color vs. the ones selecting the kind of phony hues formerly reserved for anime women.

feathers

Post by feathers »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:There are actual several good reasons to judge her clothes and hair. First, you are sending a message by how you dress and groom. If you dress thug, you're gonna be taken for a thug. One doesn't accidentally dye your hair blue, pink or flame red. You wear the uniform, don't be surprised if you're taken for one of the folk you're emulating. I still shake my head at the angry people of my fair city that got indignant that police were targeting young POCs that were dressed in gang colors.
Some 30 years ago, I saw a bald-headed teenager with a bomber jacket complain that he was tossed in with Neonazi skinheads who'd been using that very same outlook for some years. Well tough shit, someone hijacked your favourite hairdo and fashion style, so you'd better find something else aye.

(In fact, I suspect this teen has only adopted his outlook well after the streets were filled with shaven Lonsdale-wearing thugs, which makes it downright retarded to do the same.)

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

gurugeorge wrote:
Dyed hair is a fairly popular fashion overall, but it seems to be a fashion followed almost uniformly among SJWs, there's no getting over it.
'Over' I can get, it's 'away from' that is umm, .... problematic.

Keating

Post by Keating »

feathers wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:There are actual several good reasons to judge her clothes and hair. First, you are sending a message by how you dress and groom. If you dress thug, you're gonna be taken for a thug. One doesn't accidentally dye your hair blue, pink or flame red. You wear the uniform, don't be surprised if you're taken for one of the folk you're emulating. I still shake my head at the angry people of my fair city that got indignant that police were targeting young POCs that were dressed in gang colors.
Some 30 years ago, I saw a bald-headed teenager with a bomber jacket complain that he was tossed in with Neonazi skinheads who'd been using that very same outlook for some years. Well tough shit, someone hijacked your favourite hairdo and fashion style, so you'd better find something else aye.

(In fact, I suspect this teen has only adopted his outlook well after the streets were filled with shaven Lonsdale-wearing thugs, which makes it downright retarded to do the same.)
Are there no depths that neo-nazis won't sink?

feathers

Post by feathers »

They just gassed the Pit.

John D

Post by John D »

Malky wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:

Given how sensitive a dogs nose is compared to ours how bad do you think it is for him? :o
Yeah... for sure. But... right after he got sprayed he rubbed his face on the grass for a while...and... then.... started looking for the skunk again. Asshole!

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Should have been 10 years. Also, he is likely to inspire other Islamist nutcases in prison, so he should be put in solitary.

Oh, and Abbie is the fucking best. No wonder talentless shit-slurpers such as Watson, Myers et al all hated her. They were jealous. There is nothing like a talented and successful woman that the SJWs hate more.

Here's to Arnie!

feathers

Post by feathers »

John D wrote:Yeah... for sure. But... right after he got sprayed he rubbed his face on the grass for a while...and... then.... started looking for the skunk again. Asshole!
So the skunk has developed a way to punish the general, rather than the soldiers. Perhaps you can sell the concept.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

comhcinc wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
I've got the feeling she is going to age really quickly as well. Nothing wrong with that of course. Just saying, tho.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

John D. - sorry to hear about your dog. He must be feeling like he's has popped his nose in at a SJW conference.

http://www.lifewithdogs.tv/wp-content/u ... 90x434.jpg

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
That would be a bad idea. I watched the vid, and this seems to be a chick who wants to piss standing up. She uses that thing to direct the stream.
lol. I didn't finish it. She was whinging about chaffing. As for pissing through the thing... Yeah, druggies use those things to try and beat urnie tests. You can even buy powdered urine.

http://www.testclear.com/Powdered-Urine-Kit-P13.aspx

I don't drug test. As long as you show up to work clean, sober and aren't fucking up, I don't care what you do during your non-work time.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

From 'Withnail and I'

No words - but a video has got to be worth something