The Refuge of the Toads

Old subthreads
Spike13

Re: The Refuge of the Toads

Post by Spike13 »

Shatterface wrote:Can people please stop comparing each other to SJWs every time they disagree?

That's exactly the kind of thing SJWs do.
Hmm, that's exactly what an SJW would say.....

Probably :nin: by now

dogen

Post by dogen »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Jan: Love this comment by none other than Bjarte :bjarte:
His best attempt at humor yet! :lol:
Bjarte Foshaug
February 18, 2016 at 9:50 am
A fictitious conversation somewhere the Middle East as imagined by Richard Dawkins (Disclaimer: Should not be read as making any kind of statement about real Muslim women):

Woman 1: “Oh boy, this Burqa business is killing me”

Woman 2: “I know, it must be at least 140 degrees in here. Oh well, at least it hides the acid burns”

Woman 1: “Yeah, I heard about that. What happened?”

Woman 2: “Oh, just the usual stuff. I was caught reading a school book, so these men threw some battery acid in my face”

Woman 1: “Sorry to hear that”

Woman 2: “Well, what can you do. So when is your stoning?”

Woman 1: “Next Friday. My lawyer thinks I might get off the hook if I marry my rapist, but I hear he just got arrested for defending me”

Woman 2: “*Sigh* Life really gets you down sometimes doesn’t it?”

Woman 1: “It does”

Woman 2: “Hey! I know what could solve our problems! If sleazy white guys in the West got to have all the fun they wanted at the expense of white women, and the women just had to put up with it or face nonstop abuse, our situation would greatly improve!”

Woman 1: “Yes! that would be quite helpful!”
For this, I'd cast Graham Chapman as Woman 1 and Terry Jones as Woman 2.

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Also, we have Boletus edulis here (BC Canada), although they appear erratically. One year there was an irruption where you could pick a hundred pounds or more in a day but they were almost all wormy and inedible.
They are definitely one of the tastiest of mushrooms up with morels, pine mushrooms, and truffles.
Morels are my favourites. Yummy.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Jan Steen wrote: I saw that. We make fun of privileged types like Rebecca Watson. Bjarte makes fun of Muslimas who got acid thrown in their face. Typical. It is almost as if he was trying to prove Dawkins's point. :bjarte:
Bjarte is too thick to understand it, bur he's actually joking about the lived experiences of WOCs. One day he'll end up on a list of "fake allies". Outrageous. :bjarte:

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

dogen wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:Jan: Love this comment by none other than Bjarte :bjarte:
Bjarte Foshaug
A fictitious conversation somewhere the Middle East as imagined by Richard Dawkins (Disclaimer: Should not be read as making any kind of statement about real Muslim women):

Woman 2: “I know, it must be at least 140 degrees in here. Oh well, at least it hides the acid burns”

Woman 2: “Oh, just the usual stuff. I was caught reading a school book, so these men threw some battery acid in my face”

Woman 1: “Next Friday. My lawyer thinks I might get off the hook if I marry my rapist, but I hear he just got arrested for defending me”

Woman 2: “Hey! I know what could solve our problems! If sleazy white guys in the West got to have all the fun they wanted at the expense of white women, and the women just had to put up with it or face nonstop abuse, our situation would greatly improve!”

For this, I'd cast Graham Chapman as Woman 1 and Terry Jones as Woman 2.
At least no stick figures were abused to produce this piece of satire. :bjarte:

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

@Steersman

I have no interest in debating you on the matter, because all you ever come out with is a load of diversionary, useless guff. Life, Steersman, is simply too short to spare time to deal with you. Suffice it to say, I'm going to do no other than declare that your all-muslims-are-menaces stance* is precisely as categorical an assertion as Tuvok's SJWs-abuse-animals, and that if you find that unwarranted...well, tough titty, ya droid.

*Yes, I know you offer a get-out clause by way of your piss on the koran test, but it is so utterly imbecilic that it's simply not worth entertaining as a serious position.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Is there anything a SJW could piss on to prove they are not animal abusers?

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

CommanderTuvok wrote:Funny seeing a link to Butterflies and Wheels. Has everybody noticed Ofie keeps crapping out copypasta articles like a greyhound that has swallowed a packet of laxatives? And nobody fucking reads any of them.

If you click of Ofie's Twitter feed, she hardly responds to anybody now. All she mostly tweets is the headline of her latest shite article, followed by the link. It's almost like she's lost most of her friends.....
Was it ever confirmed that she is independently wealthy? Through an inheritance?

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Jeezus shitstained Christ, she's doing Elevatorgate again.

Rebecca meets a random doofus in an elevator. He offers coffee in his room. It's clear he wants to bone every orifice until she squeals like a pig.

Christopher Hitchens meets a random lumpy she-dork. She offers to have his love baby. Surely, she wants to grind his face until his ears are raw meat flaps.

Just kidding. Rebecca's no rapist. RIGHT?

http://imgur.com/PcQevH6.png

Nope. She's the Queen of Snark. That's what Peez calls her as a sign of his admiration. She does love raining her contempt on others.

Q: What horror did Richard Dawkins do that we're stilling hearing about it?

He fucking snarked at her. And gave her the longest-lived case of diaper rash in the history of butthurt.

Dear Muslima, snark-snark-snark.

But you don't do that to the Queen. Ever. Or you'll deal with weepy beardos, beginning and ending with Peez.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

comhcinc wrote:Is there anything a SJW could piss on to prove they are not animal abusers?
A muslim or Jewish Butcher.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Jan Steen wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:Also, we have Boletus edulis here (BC Canada), although they appear erratically. One year there was an irruption where you could pick a hundred pounds or more in a day but they were almost all wormy and inedible.
They are definitely one of the tastiest of mushrooms up with morels, pine mushrooms, and truffles.
They are great, and you can stuff them. :drool:
I had some local spots I could get good feasts and you can freeze them*, or dry them.
You get bonanzas of morels when you go to an area where you have had a forest fire in late summer or fall in the previous year and are ready to harvest in April or May following and you get about a week or so of big harvest.
Think of 10s of 1000s of acres that have been burned and you are encountering healthy clusters :burn:

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

comhcinc wrote:Is there anything a SJW could piss on to prove they are not animal abusers?
A live rail?

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Jan Steen wrote:Morels are my favourites. Yummy.
They are great, and you can stuff them. :drool:
It's telling people they can stuff their morels that gives atheists a bad name.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Well, I'd have to look at her predatory behavior and have to hear Reginald's side to it, plus the stories of the other victims she has intimidated into silence. She has a history of using her privilege and prestige to bully people, then using it to her advantage.
She seemed to want to bully Reg into sex, still I don't have any solid evidence of Becky rape.
Doesn't mean I would totally rule her out. :ugeek:

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Bjarte Foshaug

Because Bjarte's internet slackivism is actually improving women's conditions in the Middle East.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

CommanderTuvok wrote:The Slymepit: Coming at You Like Richard Carrier.
The Slymepit: Our Shoops End All Rational Debate.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Because Bjarte's internet slackivism is actually improving women's conditions in the Middle East.
To be fsir, he has improved Surly Amy's condition.

Easy J

Post by Easy J »

You joked & compared lightning to muslim terrorists, but it must've heard you & just killed at least 323 reindeer in Norway.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/30/world ... ndeer.html

No word on Isis having claimed credit yet, but it's still early.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Richard Carrier's "ends all rational debate" sort of implies he's heading into irrational debate, doesn't it? :think:

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Easy J wrote:You joked & compared lightning to muslim terrorists, but it must've heard you & just killed at least 323 reindeer in Norway.

Alex Jones says it was the Clintons.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Lsuoma wrote:
Tribble wrote:
Malky wrote:
quote="mordacious1"]Back in 1982, when I worked for a government agency with 3 letters, <snip>/quote]

Is this the IRS? :think:
KGB?
UDA?
MPLA?
Or is this the IRA?

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Easy J wrote:You joked & compared lightning to muslim terrorists, but it must've heard you & just killed at least 323 reindeer in Norway.

Thorly not.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Ape+lust wrote:Jeezus shitstained Christ, she's doing Elevatorgate again.

Rebecca meets a random doofus in an elevator. He offers coffee in his room. It's clear he wants to bone every orifice until she squeals like a pig.

Christopher Hitchens meets a random lumpy she-dork. She offers to have his love baby. Surely, she wants to grind his face until his ears are raw meat flaps.

Nope. She's the Queen of Snark. That's what Peez calls her as a sign of his admiration. She does love raining her contempt on others.

He fucking snarked at her. And gave her the longest-lived case of diaper rash in the history of butthurt.

But you don't do that to the Queen. Ever. Or you'll deal with weepy beardos, beginning and ending with Peez.
It all makes sense when you realize that Rebecca Watson thinks of herself as a toilet.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

I don't have anything against Watson that could be used in a court of law.

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

Now we know why Rudolph's nose is so bright.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

KiwiInOz wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
Tribble wrote: KGB?
UDA?
MPLA?
Or is this the IRA?
I don't get it. I thought it was the UK?

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:
Lsuoma wrote: UDA?
MPLA?
Or is this the IRA?
I don't get it. I thought it was the UK?
Or just another country?

Barbie's Boyfriend

Post by Barbie's Boyfriend »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:Jeezus shitstained Christ, she's doing Elevatorgate again.

It all makes sense when you realize that Rebecca Watson thinks of herself as a toilet.
[youtube][/youtube]

Beavis "Remember that part with the pig" ?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Billie from Ockham wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:Sucker Punch.
We just got a giant TV and fancy sound system. Thanks for the suggestion as to what movie to watch first.
I'll bring the beer.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

How to Murder Your Wife.

Just finished watching it last night.

But someone could tweet it to the hashtag I suppose.

piginthecity

Post by piginthecity »

Shatterface wrote:Would anyone here leave Myers alone with an octopus?
Only a sucker ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

feathers

Re: Intersectionality vs SJWs

Post by feathers »

Jan Steen wrote:By the way, although Steinpilz does translate to 'stone mushroom', it is in fact the German name of a rather nice edible mushroom (Boletus edulis).
Absolutely not to be confused with the Boletus credulis which grows on Freethoughtblogs and is most definitely inedible.

feathers

Post by feathers »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Also, we have Boletus edulis here (BC Canada), although they appear erratically.
Yes, the Boletus credulis also appears erratical to me.

Steersman

Re: Intersectionality vs SJWs

Post by Steersman »

Jan Steen wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote: <snip>
I've always thought that Dawkins "Dear Muslima" was the perfect rebuttal to Watson&co, who reacted in a childish way to what was an excellent point which demolished their special victimhood narrative. If you're interested in women's rights you should be concerned with legally and socially approved discrimination, not with the behavior of a few rude people on the Internet. ....

I'm glad to see that someone else agrees with me.
Back in February, I made a comment on Dawkins's site (under my 'nym Hermann Steinpilz) that offended Ophelia Benson so much that she devoted a whole post to it. Outraged, she cited this part of my comment:
The SJWs keep bringing up Richard’s “Dear Muslima” comment, and keep deliberately misinterpreting it. Because that’s what they do. They lie, and lie, and lie some more. I’m thinking of folk like Adam Lee, who claimed in a piece in The Guardian that Richard was essentially arguing that women in Muslim theocracies have it much worse than women in the West, and that therefore the latter should remain silent about “sexual harassment and physical intimidation”.

I can imagine how infuriating such dishonesty must be to Richard. He should (and probably does) realize that SJWs are much like fundie believers. They are equally dogmatic; they are opposed to free speech (who needs free speech, when your side has all the correct answers?); and they routinely lie for The Cause. They are totally dishonest. It is no use trying to reason with the likes of Adam Lee, PZ Myers or Ophelia Benson.
Ms Benson responded:
Ok how am I misinterpreting it? What is its meaning that I am so dishonestly construing? What exactly is it that I’m lying and lying and lying some more about? How else can that comment be read?
How else? Does she really think that asking someone politely for a coffee is either sexual harassment or physical intimidation? Is she really ignorant of the context in which Dawkins made his acerbic but entirely justified comment?

All he did was mocking the disproportionate attention that was being paid to the 'ordeal' of Rebecca Watson, which she had largely brought upon herself by throwing around accusations of misogyny, for example against female students who were obviously not misogynists. ....
Blast from the past - I too weighed in on Dawkins' site (here):
Kind of sad in a way to see this type of thing – splitting of hairs over interpretations of words and implications – roiling the otherwise placid (?) waters of the “atheist-skeptic-feminist-humanist” (ASFH) community. And maybe NECSS is to be commended, also, for broaching the issue of having pointed and focused discussions about the proximate causes for such. ....
However, apart from the apparently rather questionable categorical assertion that all SJWs "lie, and lie, and lie some more" - which seems little different from CommanderTuvok's similarly categorical accusation of pedophilia against all SJWs, I think your assertion is a highly questionable inference as to the motivations of all, every last one of those, SJWs. Consider the definition for lie:
to speak falsely or utter untruth knowingly, as with intent to deceive
You know for a fact, and have the evidence for the accusation, that every last one of those SJWs are "uttering an untruth knowingly, as with intent to deceive"? If so then I expect James Randi has your million waiting for you.

As I expect you remember, Michael Nugent was quite adamant that people commenting on his blog shouldn't be using that word without justification. While I think Benson in that "Impatient" post of hers is a little clueless and not very forthcoming about how she actually interprets Dawkins' Muslima post - apart from getting her knickers in a twist over the "angry rudeness of [what she sees as a] hostile, contemptuous thing" - I see nothing that justifies your accusation that she in particular, of that vast conspiracy of the nefarious SJW tribe, is "uttering an untruth unknowingly with intent to deceive".

Seems to me that it doesn't help in the slightest to be throwing around baseless and unevidenced accusations, particularly categorical ones - with the possible exception of Muslims. But it also seems that we might be wise to remember that "honest men and women may disagree" without that disagreement being taken as prima facie evidence of lying. Spinning dancers and all that.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

The term "SJW" is a dehumanising generalisation and a pejorative to boot.

Oh the shattered humanity.

But given the refusal of the SJL to individually indentify with this hateful term, the observation that "all SJWs are pig fuckers" must be a victimless crime.

Oh I am so clever. Sometimes it hurts.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Any rumour that Lotsot's cat damaged itself while giving him a paw job is almost certainly false.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Billie I drank all the beer.

Sorry. Send me a postcard from paradise.

The Yeti

Post by The Yeti »

I really haven't had much time to catch up in the pit or annoy the baboons lately, I simply have been too busy. However, I did just now take a minute to peruse the orbit for some lulz. I hope I haven't been ninjaed on this, but The Orbit has reached the point where they are beyond parody-it has literally become a shit show. I say this because one of their bloggers, the lazy, unemployed, ham-beast Ania Bulia, is posting explicit stories about shitting her pants.To wit: (not for the squeemish!):

http://archive.is/nV9jl
Ania Bulia, GG Allin impersonator wrote:
The area I lived had a small wooded area behind the strip mall. I hoped that maybe I could make it enough to be able to crouch behind a tree. I didn’t.
Usually when one of these accidents, it’s only a small initial rush that comes out. Usually I can make it to the restroom before it is followed by the bulk of it. This time though, there was no toilet at the end of the tunnel.
The rush just kept on happening, while I cried and tried to clean myself up with leaves. I imagined with horror people finding the mess the next day. I cleaned my hands on the wet grass, using the dew and gathered condensation to wash everything off. Using the friction of the blades of grass, to help clean, wiping off on my already soiled pants. Then I had to stand, in my filthy clothing for close to a half hour as I waited for the firemen to give the all clear.
Not wanting all the other tenants to know what I had done. Not wanting to see their disgust as they smelled my shame, I waited a little longer until everyone had gone inside.
:twatson:

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Jan Steen wrote:
Same here! Ali's mom sends us dried mushrooms from time to time, but never any morels. Turns out they're protected in Poland (which means they're all over the place, but can't touch them). This is my own personal version of Hell.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Classic. :lol:

I mean shame and all that. But to fucking blog about it. :popcorn:

It's like that time we were out of dunny paper so I used a tissue - forgetting they were 1 ply .....

:hankey:

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Err...not sure tweeting it is a great idea. The network is already dead as it were, no need to bury it any further.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

One of the horde is quite proud of their porn portal.
My Dell, used when I was located in Maryland had a 12 core Xeon processor array, 64 gigs of RAM and RAID 1 drives.
Doesn't count till liquid hydrogen cooling comes into play.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Err...not sure tweeting it is a great idea. The network is already dead as it were, no need to bury it any further.
You would deny the world laughter? Shame on you.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Brive1987 wrote:Classic. :lol:

I mean shame and all that. But to fucking blog about it. :popcorn:

It's like that time we were out of dunny paper so I used a tissue - forgetting they were 1 ply .....

:hankey:
Good fucking heavens :shock:

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Brive1987 wrote:The term "SJW" is a dehumanising generalisation and a pejorative to boot.

Oh the shattered humanity.

But given the refusal of the SJL to individually indentify with this hateful term, the observation that "all SJWs are pig fuckers" must be a victimless crime.

Oh I am so clever. Sometimes it hurts.
I think it may be slander on the pig:

[youtube][/youtube]

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

The Yeti wrote:I really haven't had much time to catch up in the pit or annoy the baboons lately, I simply have been too busy. However, I did just now take a minute to peruse the orbit for some lulz. I hope I haven't been ninjaed on this, but The Orbit has reached the point where they are beyond parody-it has literally become a shit show. I say this because one of their bloggers, the lazy, unemployed, ham-beast Ania Bulia, is posting explicit stories about shitting her pants.To wit: (not for the squeemish!):

http://archive.is/nV9jl
Ania Bulia, GG Allin impersonator wrote:
The area I lived had a small wooded area behind the strip mall. I hoped that maybe I could make it enough to be able to crouch behind a tree. I didn’t.
Usually when one of these accidents, it’s only a small initial rush that comes out. Usually I can make it to the restroom before it is followed by the bulk of it. This time though, there was no toilet at the end of the tunnel.
The rush just kept on happening, while I cried and tried to clean myself up with leaves. I imagined with horror people finding the mess the next day. I cleaned my hands on the wet grass, using the dew and gathered condensation to wash everything off. Using the friction of the blades of grass, to help clean, wiping off on my already soiled pants. Then I had to stand, in my filthy clothing for close to a half hour as I waited for the firemen to give the all clear.
Not wanting all the other tenants to know what I had done. Not wanting to see their disgust as they smelled my shame, I waited a little longer until everyone had gone inside.
:twatson:
I have to say that I do commiserate with her though. Not that I have Crohn's or IBD, but I live in the tropics and there's all kind of shit that goes around here, literally; flown in from all parts of the world. I once had a case of "the runs" that lasted several months. From initial bowl discomfort to the NEED, not desire or preference mind you, for the toilet gave me less time than even this blogger describes. Minutes, if that. More than anything, it was an extremely inconvenient way to live. Not really embarrassing for me. I don't get embarrassed by shit like that. (heh)

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

I almost shat myself once. Gefan was there. True story :twatson:

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Hunt wrote:
I have to say that I do commiserate with her though. Not that I have Crohn's or IBD, but I live in the tropics and there's all kind of shit that goes around here, literally; flown in from all parts of the world. I once had a case of "the runs" that lasted several months. From initial bowl discomfort to the NEED, not desire or preference mind you, for the toilet gave me less time than even this blogger describes. Minutes, if that. More than anything, it was an extremely inconvenient way to live. Not really embarrassing for me. I don't get embarrassed by shit like that. (heh)

Not sure what you mean - do you have pictures?

feathers

Post by feathers »

It's the feeling from driving home on the Autobahn with a holiday diarrhoea and stopping at the Rastplatz only to discover they've now installed a payment automate and you don't have 50 Pfennig pieces in your purse and you want to turn to ask the other Rasters for a loan but as you turn you realise you're not keeping your buttocks clenched and...

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

MarcusAu wrote:
Hunt wrote:

How much is it worth to you?

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

feathers wrote:It's the feeling from driving home on the Autobahn with a holiday diarrhoea and stopping at the Rastplatz only to discover they've now installed a payment automate and you don't have 50 Pfennig pieces in your purse and you want to turn to ask the other Rasters for a loan but as you turn you realise you're not keeping your buttocks clenched and...
I hate it when that happens. And in front of Germans too. May all your rasts be in peace.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

You know what's worse than all this? Forgetting to buy coffee filters and knowing you'll have to recycle an old one in the morning.

piginthecity

Post by piginthecity »

Slymepit: Patreon for the gainfully employed.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Brive1987 wrote:One of the horde is quite proud of their porn portal.
My Dell, used when I was located in Maryland had a 12 core Xeon processor array, 64 gigs of RAM and RAID 1 drives.
Doesn't count till liquid hydrogen cooling comes into play.
Is he saying that he's using a server as a personal computer? Because that's a fairly common server configuration. As a personal computer, it'd be stupid.

You don't 64 gigs of RAM because while 64-bit OS can read 128 GB, only in very specialized workstation applications will you ever need more than 8-to-16GB and that's usually high-end, complex modeling. Office software typically needs just 1 GB. Games do fine with 8GB and rarely need more.

A 12-core Xeon processor is a waste. They are exact opposite for gaming and normal needs. Xeon server chips/mobos have a huge L3 cache, slower speeds, but can deal with huge amounts of data. You don't, as a single user, use that kind of data through-put. For individual use, you need a faster processor with a smaller L3 cache. Plus, your software is highly unlikely to take advantage of what the Xeon does best.

RAID 1? That's just for redundancy. It's not a back-up. It doesn't make through-put faster, but slower. But data redundancy on a server is what you want incase you need to hot-swap a failed drive. You still make back-ups. But you don't lose an entire day or two worth of productivity because the server is down.

Honestly, it really does sound like some idiot saw an expensive machine in an on-line advertisement and is cribbing for show.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Hunt wrote:You know what's worse than all this? Forgetting to buy coffee filters and knowing you'll have to recycle an old one in the morning.
You eat your first can of beans, pierce holes as small as possible in the bottom et voila, there is your coffee filter. The extra coffee particles sipping through contribute even more to an early-morning retire to the loo which has just been perused by 50 other camping guests with similar problems.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Hunt wrote:You know what's worse than all this? Forgetting to buy coffee filters and knowing you'll have to recycle an old one in the morning.
We have a fine mesh basket made out of stainless steel. It has the advantage of being washable. Also, it lets the oils in the coffee beans through, while paper filters mostly don't. Makes for better coffee I think. Others might disagree since I drink what is known as 'lifer juice' in the military. (I use espresso and other dark roasts as regular coffee and then I make it strong.)

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Hunt wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:
How much is it worth to you?
People say a lot of bad things about Mykeru - but at least he was willing to share.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

feathers wrote:
You eat your first can of beans, pierce holes as small as possible in the bottom et voila, there is your coffee filter. The extra coffee particles sipping through contribute even more to an early-morning retire to the loo which has just been perused by 50 other camping guests with similar problems.
Wow, beans, camping, retiring to the loo. This whole shitting thing has triggered you, I think. You might want to go sit down and rest.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Tribble wrote:
We have a fine mesh basket made out of stainless steel. It has the advantage of being washable. Also, it lets the oils in the coffee beans through, while paper filters mostly don't. Makes for better coffee I think. Others might disagree since I drink what is known as 'lifer juice' in the military. (I use espresso and other dark roasts as regular coffee and then I make it strong.)
Those things always seem to either clog on me or slow to a crawl. When I want coffee I want it RIGHT NOW, not in twenty minutes.

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

Steve Shives:
The most visible members of the atheist community are blatant anti-feminists and rape apologists
http://www.memegen.com/m/unc02i.jpg

[youtube][/youtube]

Bearing's response:

[youtube][/youtube]