The Refuge of the Toads

Old subthreads
Tribble

Re: The Refuge of the Toads

Post by Tribble »

Really? wrote:
I got through 24 seconds of that video before I had to stop it. THIS is the future of humanism/skepticism/atheism.
13 seconds.

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

Tigzy wrote:Huggate 2: The Wokening.

Thrill to Trav Mamone as he bravely struggles against a psychological and emotional crisis brought on by disagreements in comments sections about bathrooms and spoons and coddles and stuff.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/bianymeans/ ... n-apology/
That gave me a stomach ache. It looks nightmarish to me. I want it to not be true, or to be a parody. Only, I've known for years now that there's nothing that people won't say or do sometimes, to feel welcome in some social circle, or to advance their performance careers, or whatever is going on here.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Tribble wrote:
That's why I wear shorts and a t-shirt at the beach.
The Mankini is banned in Cornwall.

http://www.laughchat.com/wp-content/upl ... ankini.jpg

http://mashable.com/2015/05/28/mankini- ... cKGuw7wZqV

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Billie from Ockham wrote:
CommanderTuvok wrote:We have always pointed out how your mental health is at risk if you associate yourself with FreeThoughtBlogs or Social Justice Warriors.
Not sure about the "we" in the above. I have not pointed this out, mostly because I believe that you have the direction of causation and/or sequence of events exactly backwards.
I see your point, what comes first, chicken or the egg, etc. I agree that you perhaps have to be mentally ill to be drawn towards FTB and the regressive left, but I also think they can exacerbate existing conditions. Also, perfectly sane people can get involved with it, but become damaged by the bullying, the groupthink, and the toxic atmosphere, etc. I have in mind the likes of McHorseface and Elyse, who became damaged because they were involved with it. Perhaps Elyse was mentally ill before hand. I don't think Mr Ed was.

Whatever, the one thing we can be sure of is this: KEEP YOUR CHILDREN AWAY FROM SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIORS and FTBULLIES.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

mordacious1 wrote:There probably aren't a lot of NBA fans here, but I just want to extend my condolences to Abbie, because her team, the OKC Thunder just lost their best player to the greatest team in NBA history.

So she might have sadz. Me...I'm doing the happy dance.
Me, too. :)

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

mordacious1 wrote:There probably aren't a lot of NBA fans here.....
Isn't the NBA some sort of paedophile advocacy group in the US?

:rimshot:

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

Really? wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:I just went over to his blog to tell to man up and withdraw his apology and explain to him that I'm actually a true feminist and not an MRA but the quivering quimb shut off the comments.
Hilarious. At the very least, can the Atheism Plus people please stop calling themselves courageous, brave, strong and other adjectives that have never applied? And I want to know who at American Humanists hired that fucking sack of moronic nothingness. The guy gets half a dozen messages from a random bear and goes into a fetal position? He (yes, he) should be in a daycare.
Actually, that might be true, and that arouses some sympathy in me for him.

This may or may not be at all relevant, but it brings up in my mind an issue with people with physical and emotional disabilities, that my wife and I have discussed a lot. We've noticed, everywhere we've lived, people with disabilities who used to stay cooped up in their homes, and never seen in public, are getting out into the world more and more. We've seen that as a good thing for them, but not always for the rest of us!

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Lsuoma wrote:Freshly taken this afternoon.
Nice pic. Happy birthday Pit and happy 4th to the merkin pitters. I spent a nice day with the gf at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, with fireworks later.
IMG_20160704_142532311-01.jpeg
IMG_20160704_145309159-01.jpeg

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Well fuck that then.

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

HunnyBunny wrote:To be honest, when I first started I used peaceful mode a lot too because dying over and over is disheartening. But then I discovered the fun to be had with mobs. Except silverfish, I fucking hate them. Now I rarely die, and when I do it is usually to lava not mobs. Just think about adding mobs back in when you are comfortable surviving, there are things you need from them to go exploring further.
I'll keep trying, trusting that the bad surprises won't go on like this forever. Actually, I have already seen some of what I'm missing in peaceful mode, strings for example.

People should be warned though that "Mobs don't spawn in daylight" means "Mobs don't spawn in daylight, except when they do, which is pretty much everywhere all the time."

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Try #2
IMG_20160704_142532311-01.jpeg
(5.62 MiB) Downloaded 214 times

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

Tribble wrote:
Really? wrote:
I got through 24 seconds of that video before I had to stop it. THIS is the future of humanism/skepticism/atheism.
13 seconds.
Zero seconds.

Guestus Aurelius

Post by Guestus Aurelius »

ERV wrote:
mordacious1 wrote:There probably aren't a lot of NBA fans here, but I just want to extend my condolences to Abbie, because her team, the OKC Thunder just lost their best player to the greatest team in NBA history.

I like Westbrook better anyway :)
Okay, but Durant is better.

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

Billie from Ockham wrote:
CommanderTuvok wrote:We have always pointed out how your mental health is at risk if you associate yourself with FreeThoughtBlogs or Social Justice Warriors.
Not sure about the "we" in the above. I have not pointed this out, mostly because I believe that you have the direction of causation and/or sequence of events exactly backwards.
CommanderTuvok wrote:I see your point, what comes first, chicken or the egg, etc. I agree that you perhaps have to be mentally ill to be drawn towards FTB and the regressive left, but I also think they can exacerbate existing conditions. Also, perfectly sane people can get involved with it, but become damaged by the bullying, the groupthink, and the toxic atmosphere, etc. I have in mind the likes of McHorseface and Elyse, who became damaged because they were involved with it. Perhaps Elyse was mentally ill before hand. I don't think Mr Ed was.
That makes sense to me, although I haven't done the investigation I would want to do, to verify it, and don't intend to.

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

jimhabegger wrote: <snip>We've noticed, everywhere we've lived, people with disabilities who used to stay cooped up in their homes, and never seen in public, are getting out into the world more and more. We've seen that as a good thing for them, but not always for the rest of us!

I see, Jim. You did a very long build-up just for this deadpan delievery. Chapeau.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

You mean the team that choked in game 7 of the finals on their own court?

How many titles does GS have? Are there possibly any teams with more? Think real hard now...

Lol. "Most wins during regular season" is a far, far cry from "greatest team in NBA history". Quit hyperventilating.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

And on that note, time to go to find a good place to watch the fireworks. Taters.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

I used to be able to get $5 tickets at 7-11 for the 80's Jazz team and saw Dell Curry, Stockton, and Malone come in as rookies. I think the refs have a bias, conscious or no, against smaller market teams, Once I moved to tobacco road and saw ACC ball I never could watch the pro game and its weird discretionary zone defense rules again.

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

ESPN did their 20 best current NBA players back in April (before the playoffs). Number 1, #5, #10 and #13 all now start for the Warriors. GS just needs a competent big man to get rebounds and they will be unstoppable. They were great before, but now they've upgraded Harrison Barnes to Kevin Durant...holy moly. WE SHALL SEE.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Aneris wrote:
Steersman wrote:<quote schenanigans>

No doubt there's plenty of blame to go around, and well all have a problematic tendency to point the finger at the other person without taking any responsibility for our own contributions to the problem:
  • Tweet:
    Tweet:
But you seem rather remarkably reluctant to consider that there are some significant "systemic" flaws in the EU. Ones which really can't be papered over by a bunch of "extras".
The flaws I personally see with the EU politics were never a topic and are irrelevant for the Brexit.
Not sure which flaws you personally saw, but it seems that there were many of them that were quite relevant to a great many people on the Leave side. For instance, while the issue of Turkish immigration, and even membership in the EU, is rather problematic, and more convoluted and complicated than many on the Leave side were aware of, it also seems there are still some serious questions there that many on the Leave side - even Cameron himself if I'm not mistaken - attempted to broach. Something from a Financial Times article (opening under an incognito window seems to get around the paywall) - from June 16, I might note:
Should the UK be worried about Turkish immigration?

Is Turkey on course to join the EU and significantly increase migration to Britain?

The EU-Turkey migrant deal is — and was from the outset — more than a bit rough around the edges. While for the moment it has stemmed the tide of refugees from Syria travelling across Turkey into the EU, its future depends on its provision for visa-free travel. ....

It should also be acknowledged that offering visa-free access to a mainly Muslim country of 80m people is not an obvious antidote to EU panic over a surge so far of about 1m refugees.
Decidedly moot point whether Islam antithetical to Western democracies, and to the principles of human rights that are integral to it. And an issue which many Western "treasonous intellectuals" - Warraq's term - are decidedly reluctant to address. Though the more often ISIS rubs their noses in the consequences of that policy, the more quickly their tribe is decimated.

And then there's this from a bit of a biography of a leading contender (?) to replace Cameron, Andrea Leadsom, from The Telegraph:
Unlike other candidates, Andrea has been preparing for the outcome of this historic vote for years. Within a year of becoming an MP, she had set up the Fresh Start Project to examine the options for a new UK-EU relationship. She co-published a paper laying out the reforms the European Union absolutely had to make for it to be in UKs interests to remain, all of which as we know the EU stubbornly refused to budge on.
Can't credibly say that the UK, among many countries, hadn't attempted to have a dialogue with the EU about necessary changes. Nor to much blame them for deciding to part company when they're not addressed.
Aneris wrote:Also, nobody asked me what could be improved in the EU. Most people on the Bremain side also hedged that not everything is perfect. Nobody claimed it was. What you propose here is like asking atheists why they are "reluctant" to discuss the intricacies of, say, philosophical realism when the topic is Theism.
Not sure what I proposed there, although I earlier suggested the use of a wooden stake through the heart of the EU if changes weren't forthcoming, but no need to stand on ceremony, do tell. :-) Sure seems that the rather decidedly imperialistic looking policies coming out of Brussels - a standing army and dictating to British Courts, for examples - look rather "problematic". And the intricacies of which many seem to be quite well aware, and which they, apparently, attempted to get the EU to address - and were apparently blown off, in rather arrogant terms, for their troubles. How to win friends and influence people - not.
Aneris wrote:For one thing, the EU decision making feels distant, even though it is embedded into national democracies, and even though the EU doesn't do the kinds of things you normally vote for, or against. .... But of course, none of that features in simple-minded Right Wing propaganda.
No doubt there's much that's "problematic" in "Right Wing propaganda" - "four legs good" and all that. But dismissing everything from that quarter doesn't look credible or of much help either. I quite agree that there's much in the EU that is valuable, but if it isn't willing or able to correct serious deficiencies then it's no wonder that more than a few wish to part company with it. And, as ServiceDog suggested, if one isn't prepared to walk away from the table then one has a very limited degree of bargaining power.
Aneris wrote:What I don't like is, natually, corporatism and lobbyism that seeks to inject their demands on the EU level with potentially far-reaching consequences. .... For such schemes, involving corrupt politicians and their friends, I half-seriously propose Death by Firing Squad, to be executed by Libertarians.
Yes, I quite agree with that: the tendency of corporate freebooters to rape and pillage has to be restrained. And that does require some significant degree of government control that is probably anathema to many Libertarians. Although I geddit that Germany, in particular as the largest contributor to the EU budget, has justifiable concerns about ensuring that its investments are protected. But that shouldn't be the only or deciding issue on the table.

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

Aneris wrote:
jimhabegger wrote: <snip>We've noticed, everywhere we've lived, people with disabilities who used to stay cooped up in their homes, and never seen in public, are getting out into the world more and more. We've seen that as a good thing for them, but not always for the rest of us!

I see, Jim. You did a very long build-up just for this deadpan delievery. Chapeau.
Thank you! And I didn't even know I was doing that!

I get lost sometimes in all the levels of irony here. I'm not sure how serious you're being here, but I was actually dead serious. The more I read these stories about crazy feminism and social justice blogging, the more it looks like people with emotional disabilities to me. I've read heartbreaking stories of people, some that I've known personally, with emotionally disabled children who often become violent. I don't agree with keeping them cooped up all the time, but I don't like the idea of letting them loose on society either. I don't know what I would do in a dilemma like that.

Of course, I don't really know how much of the destructive behavior in career feminism and social justice is from emotional disabilities, and how much is just people advancing their performance careers, or something else.

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

Given Brexit, I don't see how Golden State will ever win another game, let alone be a great team.

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

fuzzy wrote:

I used to be able to get $5 tickets at 7-11 for the 80's Jazz team and saw Dell Curry, Stockton, and Malone come in as rookies. I think the refs have a bias, conscious or no, against smaller market teams, Once I moved to tobacco road and saw ACC ball I never could watch the pro game and its weird discretionary zone defense rules again.
It's not just ref bias against small market teams. It's that they can't afford to keep more than one big star on their team. OKC let Harden go, mainly because they didn't want to pay him. That was a big loss. KD knows that to win, you need more than one superstar surrounded by a few big stars.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

jimhabegger wrote:
Aneris wrote:
:rimshot: I see, Jim. You did a very long build-up just for this deadpan delievery. Chapeau.

I get lost sometimes in all the levels of irony here. I'm not sure how serious you're being here, but I was actually dead serious. ....
Seems that people - not just here but in general - make all sorts of inferences about other people's intent and meaning. Sometimes they're both on the same page, and sometimes not.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

mordacious1 wrote:
It's not just ref bias against small market teams. It's that they can't afford to keep more than one big star on their team. OKC let Harden go, mainly because they didn't want to pay him. That was a big loss. KD knows that to win, you need more than one superstar surrounded by a few big stars.
I must say though I got to see some neat things including Spud Webb pupping a jumpshot over mark Eaton, and Muggsy Bogues pop a jump shot over Manute Bol, and that one night Maurice Lucas on the Lakers sent it into overtime with a 3/4-court shot at the buzzer after I had been hating on him all game, and the Lakers went on to beat us in OT. good times.

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:Milo is a weasel, inisde a gadfly, inside a rabid badger.

Atheists may find common ground with him in the current rounds of the battles for free speech. But on the topic of religion he argues with all the honesty of Dinesh D'Souza.

As to your other opinions on the relative harmlessness of christians in America - I somewhat agree. Though I'm not up to date with the cases of for example the MRFF which does deal with some non-frivolous issues.

http://www.militaryreligiousfreedom.org/
Must agree, I have pretty much the same feelings about Milo. He's quite amusing and good at winding up SJWs but ultimately his claims to be a proponent of objectivity in journalism are not bourne out by reality. I started listening to Gad's chat with Milo and had to quit after a few minutes of him banging on about lack of objectivity and political bias in science reporting. I get the impression that Milo is one of those types who regard scientists as dogmatic when they reject whacky alternative theories favoured by the right. IMO that is what he is getting at when he says that the working scientists he knows admit that scientific knowledge is very liable to being proven wrong. Gad was enthusiastically agreeing with him but I'm sure that he didn't really know what kind of person he was dealing with. Milo presents media bias and ideological dogmatism as a lefty problem, making no distinction between the various flavours of leftism. What sticks in my craw is that some factions on the right have traditionally been very prone to exactly the same behaviour, more so than the left until recently, and Milo shows the same tendencies.For instance, his views on transgender issues appear to be largely based on the work of one institution lead by a man with ideological issues. I'm unimpressed. I don't blame him for what his commentariat on Breitbart say, but I have yet to see him disown or engage any of the loony religious or anti-scientific shit they spew. You'd think he'd have something to say being the bastion of scientific objectivity and reason he claims to be.
Milo is just a shitposter and a offendatron and in that he his a great ally. He winds up the retarded feminists, SJW and the regressive left. Expecting more from him is just foolhardy.

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

Ericb wrote:
fuzzy wrote:
The Yeti wrote:Wow, this is just sad and pathetic. FTB blogger
http://archive.is/OBHB7
http://archive.is/EFEcr

Seriously Trav, stand up for yourself for once and tell them to fuck off.
yeegh
Trav wrote:I apologize for making others spend extra energy coddling me instead of doing social justice work.
I apologize for not taking full responsibility for my actions, and instead projecting my crap onto others.
I apologize for letting MRAs dominate the comment section and spread their sexist ideology.
I apologize for my original half-assed apology where I only pretended to be sorry.
I apologize for letting my mental illness distort my reasoning skills.
I apologize for blocking people on Facebook who were trying to explain to me that I wasn’t taking full responsibility for my actions.
I apologize for playing the victim and throwing a pity party on Facebook.
For now, I’m going to temporarily step back from doing online activism for a week. Don’t worry; I’m not quitting. I just need some serious introspection while I unpack all my internalized misogyny. [...]
He won the victory over himself. He loved Big Red.
The beating will continue until moral improves.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

I've decided that regarding our acquaintence jimhabegger and I'm inclined to agree with sentiments already expressed that he's somewat of a gotbot of the sort we athiest kids would avoid in the school hallways, although I haven't really done the kind of rigorous background check I like to associate with these sorts of things, just to be sure that I've considered all the options before I would actively rebalance my position.

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

An issue that keeps coming up for me is that I think some people might really have something like emotional allergies that I would have sympathy for, something like food allergies only emotional instead of physical, but I don't know how to distinguish between real and fake allergies, and there might not even be any sharp line between them.

I used to like to think I was gay-safe, but I had a queer friend who tore into me once on Facebook when I said on my timeline that I think the hostile environment for gays in Baha'i communities might be depriving us of a lot of artistic talent. She berated me for stereotyping gays. I started arguing with her about it, and then she said that I was making her want to kill herself. I didn't know if that was real or fake, but I didn't want to take any chances.

After that I decided that I'm not gay-safe after all, and I put up a warning sign:
https://c3.staticflickr.com/8/7420/2747 ... cf9590.jpgFacebook warning sign by Jim Habegger, on Flickr

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

Jan Steen wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote: I recall him writing about how he was bullied to the point of desperation by the toxic masculine types in school.
Now he is getting pushed around by the toxic feminine types and the best he can do is curl up in a corner and apologize to his bullies. I almost feel sorry for him.
I'm sure the whimp (Trav) was devastated by this comment on his blog.
feminazi apparently says

March 28, 2016 at 8:47 am

I’m in that group and you were being dismissive. YR didn’t say anything rude. You didn’t like that you weren’t coddled and took your post to another group, that happens to have the same admins. Don’t act like you were an innocent bystander and got attacked. You got caught, you disparaged the group and called YR an asshole over one comment that you needed to hear. Gtfo with your “not all feminists are meanie heads buuuut”. Just don’t sit there and refuse to listen to good advice. You didn’t even thank the people who left you thoughtful advice that didn’t ” call you out” at all. As for “sorry isn’t enough”, we knew you didn’t mean it, and we were right. You came here and acted the victim, and didn’t say what you did.

Your friend was kicked out for talking over WOC, and deserved it. Your ” joke” was a prime example of privilege. Again, don’t apologize for something you aren’t really sorry about. If you were sorry you said it and knew it was wrong you would not blog about how you were made to do more than just type “I’m sorry.” It’s a safe space and we need to know if people are aware of why a joke is problematic. That’s why no one cares when you apologize. Because we know damn well you aren’t really sorry. We don’t take lip service from non allies.
https://archive.is/oYUG3

How is this any different from what a scientologist would write to a suppressive person?

SJW behaviour = cult behaviour.
DaveDodo007 wrote:feminazi got to be a POE probably from the pit. :)

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

fuzzy wrote:I've decided that regarding our acquaintence jimhabegger and I'm inclined to agree with sentiments already expressed that he's somewat of a gotbot of the sort we athiest kids would avoid in the school hallways ...
I have a question about that, that I hope you or someone else will answer. I don't want people who are trying to ignore me to be bothered in this thread with discussions about me, so I've posted the question in my closet thread.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

Ten lashes with a wet noodle for Mr. Fuzzy. I'm off to purchase some beer. Later taters.

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Trav Mamone grovelled:
I apologize for letting MRAs dominate the comment section and spread their sexist ideology.
Hey! I just read the link in Jan's last post and that was me dominating the comment section and spreading my sexist ideology! Trav you imbecile, I'm not an MRA! :x
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/new ... 80/50c.jpg

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

HunnyBunny wrote:Just think about adding mobs back in when you are comfortable surviving, there are things you need from them to go exploring further.
Okay, I'm finally getting somewhere. I was heading back to my house late in the day but still very bright, and I fell into a hole that I had forgotten was there. I was immediately attacked by a mob, but I managed to get out before I was killed, and made it safely back to my house.

Dave

Post by Dave »

jimhabegger wrote:
HunnyBunny wrote:Just think about adding mobs back in when you are comfortable surviving, there are things you need from them to go exploring further.
Okay, I'm finally getting somewhere. I was heading back to my house late in the day but still very bright, and I fell into a hole that I had forgotten was there. I was immediately attacked by a mob, but I managed to get out before I was killed, and made it safely back to my house.
Just a quick point -- you do realize that mobs don't spawn in light means just that, that they don't spawn, not that there are none. While zombies burn up in day light, most other mobs survive just fine once they have spawned. The point is to keep the interior of your home, your fenced area and your mine well lit so that mobs don't spawn there.

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

Dave wrote:Just a quick point -- you do realize that mobs don't spawn in light means just that, that they don't spawn, not that there are none. While zombies burn up in day light, most other mobs survive just fine once they have spawned. The point is to keep the interior of your home, your fenced area and your mine well lit so that mobs don't spawn there.
I was starting to get that idea. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Guestus Aurelius

Post by Guestus Aurelius »

Happy American Independence Day you fuckers.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

Guestus Aurelius wrote:Happy American Independence Day you fuckers.
Here's everyone's favorite Sousa march: Be Kind to Your Web-Footed Friends.

[youtube]Dm-FY9xpf6Y[/youtube]

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Police: Gay YouTuber Faked Hate Crime Attack on Himself
by CHARLIE NASH
29 Jun 2016

Popular homosexual YouTuber Calum McSwiggan reportedly faked an alleged hate crime attack on himself in West Hollywood on Monday, according to the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department.
“Last night was the worst night of my life and I’m really struggling to find the words to talk about it. After one of the most wonderful weekends at VidCon we went out to a gay club to celebrate, and towards the end of the evening I was separated from my friends and beaten up by three guys,” claimed McSwiggan on his Instagram account, along with a picture showing him in a hospital.

“The authorities should have been there to help and protect me but instead they treated me like a second class citizen,” he claimed. “With three broken teeth and six stitches in my forehead, I’ve never felt so terrified to be a gay man in the public eye. All I can do is thank my wonderful friends @riyadhk, @melaniiemurphy and @douga_ for being with me the whole way.”

The post garnered thousands of likes and comments of support, however a different story was soon revealed.

Captain Holly M. Perez of the West Hollywood Police Station claims that they “were unable to substantiate the assault” and that McSwiggan “had no visible injuries” at their time of investigation. Police soon arrested McSwiggan however after he was seen by deputies vandalizing a car, and the YouTuber ended up being processed with a mugshot and given a cell for the night.

West Hollywood Police officers “then observed [McSwiggan] injuring himself with the handle and receiver to a payphone inside the cell.” After breaking his teeth and piercing his forehead, McSwiggan was quickly sent to the local hospital.

“Medical personnel were summoned and Mr. McSwiggan was transported to a local hospital for treatment,” claims the police statement. It was then that the YouTuber posted a picture of his injuries, whilst his mugshot shows him in a healthy and unharmed condition.

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/06/2 ... n-himself/

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

Service Dog wrote:Police: Gay YouTuber Faked Hate Crime Attack on Himself

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/06/2 ... n-himself/
The guards must have beat him up because he way gay, and knocked him so hard he doesn't remember. :twatson:

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

DaveDodo007 wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:Trav Mamone grovelled:
Hey! I just read the link in Jan's last post and that was me dominating the comment section and spreading my sexist ideology! Trav you imbecile, I'm not an MRA! :x
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/new ... 80/50c.jpg
Fuck that! I was on xis side! It was the feminazis that were mean to him.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Update on the BLM Gay Pride fiasco in Torontos AKA the SJW slapfest (lie down with dogs, wake up with fleas category):

Christie Blatchford: Gay police officers shunned in Toronto Pride grievance politics squabble
As my friend and Postmedia colleague, the Toronto Sun editor emeritus Lorrie Goldstein, tweeted in the middle of the Black Lives Matter takeover of the Pride Parade on Sunday, “I love it. One has mixed emotions. Like watching your asshat neighbour drive your new car over a cliff.”
Yes ... my sentiments exactly. I was giggling helplessly when I first read about this. More quote mining ahead:
Or as Lorrie also tweeted, it “couldn’t happen to a nicer bunch. Let BLM eat them alive.”
But almost as quickly, Chantelois began to publicly backtrack, saying he signed the demands only so the parade could keep moving, but that neither he nor Hall make big Pride decisions all by themselves.
It is simply shocking, all of it: imagine a world where a blackmailer can’t count on the blackmailee to stick to his word given when the metaphorical gun was at his head. And what happened, with the parade unable to move and people near to fainting in the heat and BLM refusing to end the blockade until they got their way, were the tactics of extortion.
The Toronto police, unofficially and officially through the police union, are mighty peeved.

And not without some reason: This was the year, after all, where a chief, Mark Saunders, who also happens to be black, formally apologized to the gay community for the bathhouse raids that gave rise to the parade in the first place, and where, post-Orlando and the mass shooting at the gay nightclub Pulse there, the police were actually needed, not to mention there are lots of gay men and women on the job, and this rebuke must have felt like a slap in the face to them.
But in the hierarchy of grievance politics — the notion that black gay and trans people are the most marginalized and have suffered the most — Krangle is just a cop, and a white one at that. He’ll be lucky if he even gets a seat at the mythically big Pride table, once big enough for Queers Against Israeli Apartheid.
Follow the link, read the entire article ShitLords. Lunatic SJWs wreck everything they attach themselves to. Just a matter of time.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Also:

Robyn Urback: How can Black Lives Matter claim ‘victory’ when Pride has left so many divided?
Instead, this year’s Pride parade left supposed allies fuming from separate corners, while BLMTO’s leaders proudly claimed victory for a job well done. It’s hard to see how starting a fight between groups that are working toward the same goals is really a cause for celebration
Also,

Black Lives Matter protests at historic Toronto Pride Parade hosting Justin Trudeau

I am sure Trudeau (PM of Canukistan) was impressed. Not necessarily in a good way though.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

feathers wrote:
Service Dog wrote:http://i.imgur.com/VI3RT9y.jpg

I am considering replacing my long-lost 700c cruiser, above, with an identical one.

Or switching to a 29er beach cruiser. Anybody have experience riding 29"? Please advise.
29" is already "out" again, being replaced by... tadaa... 27.5" (aka 650b). It's one big sales conspiracy, because you simply can't tell me there's that much of a difference between 27.5 and the ubiquitous 28. Certainly not for us mud eaters.
I was thinking of trading in my Enduro when the 29" became the new sexy. Glad I didn't. ( the main concern for me was easy and ready tire/ parts availability.

Granted for service dogs needs any input I have for a 29er is probably useless.( fully decked out mountain rig vs single gear cruiser.)

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Something completely different:
june2016 047.JPG
(1.19 MiB) Downloaded 309 times

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Some days, I think Sharia Law is great.
Alternate Side Parking rules are suspended on Tue, July 5, Wed, July 6, & Thu, July 7, for Idul-Fitr (Eid Al-Fitr).

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Something completely different:
june2016 047.JPG
Nice! But also reminds me I need to get busy on something...

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

Guestus Aurelius wrote:Happy American Independence Day you fuckers.
Just got back from the fireworks. There was an excellent road-rage and then fist-fight as we all filed out of the lot. I was driving the one car that we have without a dash-cam. Entertained, but not so happy.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Billie from Ockham wrote:Just got back from the fireworks. There was an excellent road-rage and then fist-fight as we all filed out of the lot. I was driving the one car that we have without a dash-cam. Entertained, but not so happy.
Protip for the future: You know it will be a complete rush & mess as people all try to exit the parking lot all at once so don't join in the fray. Break out the lawn chairs, the snacks, a few beverages and enjoy your friends/family's company as opposed to the aggravation.

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

jimhabegger wrote:
Aneris wrote:

I get lost sometimes in all the levels of irony here..

It's best just to take everything absolutely literally. I work on the principle that if someone is being deliberately ironic then they'll use the rimshot smilie, or perhaps the spurting penis one (not sure about the latter, the usage model is kind of vague).

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Cnutella wrote:
jimhabegger wrote:snip

I get lost sometimes in all the levels of irony here..

It's best just to take everything absolutely literally. I work on the principle that if someone is being deliberately ironic then they'll use the rimshot smilie, or perhaps the spurting penis one (not sure about the latter, the usage model is kind of vague).[/quote]
Goddamn. I never use those.
:cdc:

feathers

Post by feathers »

Service Dog wrote:The last time I owned that green bike... I swapped-out the fairly-slim 700c's for a very-unfashionable pair of 26"s from a cheap 90's mountain bike. It was great. Instant rocky mountain clunker.
Especially since I didn't go anywhere beyond Hell's Kitchen -> Chelsea -> Lower East Side -> Williamsburg.
Wait a minute- you swapped a 700C wheel for a 26" MTB? What did you do with the brakes?

Wait, don't say. You had none?

feathers

Post by feathers »

Tribble wrote:
That's why I wear shorts and a t-shirt at the beach.
I think I'll stick with my burqa.

Søren Lilholt

Post by Søren Lilholt »

johnself wrote:
ERV wrote:That hashtag is just a themed cringe dump.
:twatson:
I'd love a picture of the crowd!
I like how they've emphasised the 'con' part of convergence - just in case anyone hadn't already got the point.

Søren Lilholt

Post by Søren Lilholt »

Cnutella wrote:I see your Skepchick Labs pics and raise you this fine figure of a man...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CmVghhDUEAAeehh.jpg
Would it be doxxing to say who this is?

feathers

Post by feathers »

Søren Lilholt wrote:
Cnutella wrote:I see your Skepchick Labs pics and raise you this fine figure of a man...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CmVghhDUEAAeehh.jpg
Would it be doxxing to say who this is?
No, rather it would invoke the wrath of the ninjas.

paddybrown

Post by paddybrown »

DaveDodo007 wrote: Milo is just a shitposter and a offendatron and in that he his a great ally. He winds up the retarded feminists, SJW and the regressive left. Expecting more from him is just foolhardy.
Milo, as a phenomenon, is hilarious. SJWs just can't cope with the cognitive dissonance he sets off in their wee heads. He has his own agenda, but so what? You can't expect to agree with everyone on everything.

paddybrown

Post by paddybrown »

Shatterface wrote:
Really? wrote:Hilarious. At the very least, can the Atheism Plus people please stop calling themselves courageous, brave, strong and other adjectives that have never applied? And I want to know who at American Humanists hired that fucking sack of moronic nothingness. The guy gets half a dozen messages from a random bear and goes into a fetal position? He (yes, he) should be in a daycare.
You'd think it would be difficult to despise him more than he despises himself, yet it isn't.
I do feel sorry for him. I've been there, sort of. For a man, trying to be a feminist is like being in an abusive relationship. You're in the wrong no matter what you do and don't do, and you're entirely responsible for whatever she's unhappy about at the moment. You owe her, and you're going to pay, and pay, and pay. This poor sod was made that way, and it's destroying him psychologically. I hope he realises where he is, and with whom, soon, for his sake.

Snapfingers

Post by Snapfingers »

jimhabegger wrote:An issue that keeps coming up for me is that I think some people might really have something like emotional allergies that I would have sympathy for, something like food allergies only emotional instead of physical, but I don't know how to distinguish between real and fake allergies, and there might not even be any sharp line between them.

I used to like to think I was gay-safe, but I had a queer friend who tore into me once on Facebook when I said on my timeline that I think the hostile environment for gays in Baha'i communities might be depriving us of a lot of artistic talent. She berated me for stereotyping gays. I started arguing with her about it, and then she said that I was making her want to kill herself. I didn't know if that was real or fake, but I didn't want to take any chances.

After that I decided that I'm not gay-safe after all, and I put up a warning sign:
https://c3.staticflickr.com/8/7420/2747 ... cf9590.jpgFacebook warning sign by Jim Habegger, on Flickr
Stereotyping gays??! Where did she get that?

paddybrown

Post by paddybrown »

Snapfingers wrote:
jimhabegger wrote:An issue that keeps coming up for me is that I think some people might really have something like emotional allergies that I would have sympathy for, something like food allergies only emotional instead of physical, but I don't know how to distinguish between real and fake allergies, and there might not even be any sharp line between them.

Stereotyping gays??! Where did she get that?
I guess it's the stereotype of gay people being creative. Like Catholics black people having "natural rhythm" - it's a positive stereotype, but it's still a stereotype.