The Refuge of the Toads

Old subthreads
CaptainFluffyBunny

Re: The Refuge of the Toads

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

d4m10n wrote: No one has been credibly accused of trying to fuck 17-y.o.'s

I thought SJWs were the ones who confabulated moral panic from thin factual bases.
I don't think we're panicking, morally or otherwise. There are holes in the story. They are being filled in. These holes exude a stench of hypocrisy and slime. If you have a problem, why not address specifics? Or are vague accusations of moral panic an confabulation all the rage with you hip kids these days?

Carrier has stated that only legal niceties regarding the age of consent with regarding sleeping with students. If a 17 yo would would sleep with Carrier, do you suppose he would refuse? Why would he? If you had a 17 yo daughter, Would you trust him with her?

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

I have to agree with d4m10n. I know some people that volunteer at on of the Camp Quest and they are upstanding normal old retired Nazis people.

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:

I thought SJWs were the ones who confabulated moral panic from thin factual bases.
I don't think we're panicking, morally or otherwise. There are holes in the story. They are being filled in. These holes exude a stench of hypocrisy and slime. If you have a problem, why not address specifics?
Specifically speaking, where did you get the idea that Carrier has been courting minors?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CaptainFluffyBunny

comhcinc wrote:I have to agree with d4m10n. I know some people that volunteer at on of the Camp Quest and they are upstanding normal old retired Nazis people.
Comhcinc! I never! They are not retired!

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Nasa people. Normal old retired Nasa people.

So yeah maybe secret Nazis.

CaptainFluffyBunny

d4m10n wrote:

I don't think we're panicking, morally or otherwise. There are holes in the story. They are being filled in. These holes exude a stench of hypocrisy and slime. If you have a problem, why not address specifics?
Specifically speaking, where did you get the idea that Carrier has been courting minors?

His own actions. He has stated that his constraint is the age of consent, which is 17 in that state, and he has stated that he wants to date students. What exactly is your difficulty understanding this, other than an emotional attachment to the organization in question?

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

d4m10n wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: I don't think we're panicking, morally or otherwise. There are holes in the story. They are being filled in. These holes exude a stench of hypocrisy and slime. If you have a problem, why not address specifics?

His own actions. He has stated that his constraint is the age of consent, which is 17 in that state, and he has stated that he wants to date students. What exactly is your difficulty understanding this, other than an emotional attachment to the organization in question?
College students and high school students aren't in the same category. What exactly is your difficultly understanding this, other than an emotional repulsion towards the man in question?

Really?

Post by Really? »

abear says

April 30, 2015 at 4:28 pm

Rick: I believe someone on your facebook page said they would take you up on your offer if they were 10 years younger. That piqued my curiosity as you didn’t mention age preferences. 18-58 sound about right?
Also, are you getting many replies?

Richard Carrier says

April 30, 2015 at 8:15 pm

Several good replies so far. And I don’t have any fixed rule about age, beyond what the law requires.

What I find attractive is subjective, personal, ineffable; incapable of useful definition.

Jackie the social justice WIZZARD!!! says

May 1, 2015 at 6:39 am

Why is that your business and why are you Facebook stalking Richard?
http://archive.is/1Iweg#selection-12521.0-12711.68

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Btw I think most the states allow you to fuck 17 year olds. Some states let you fuck 16 year olds and only a couple of states do you have to wait to 18 to fuck them.

In New Hampshire you can fuck a 13 year old if you marry them first.

CaptainFluffyBunny

d4m10n wrote:

College students and high school students aren't in the same category. What exactly is your difficultly understanding this, other than an emotional repulsion towards the man in question?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/quote]
You avoided my question by a little red fishy. He hasn't stated any difference in college students and high school students, why would you? My daughter is a college student, and she's 15. Answer the question, Damion. Answer it truly and you'll understand why I'm repulsed by Carrier. One of the reasons, anyway.

Really?

Post by Really? »

d4m10n wrote:
d4m10n wrote:

You have such a dim view of romance. It's ineffable! The heart wants what the heart wants! It's incapable of useful definition!
abear says

Rick: I believe someone on your facebook page said they would take you up on your offer if they were 10 years younger. That piqued my curiosity as you didn’t mention age preferences. 18-58 sound about right?

Richard Carrier says

Several good replies so far. And I don’t have any fixed rule about age, beyond what the law requires.

What I find attractive is subjective, personal, ineffable; incapable of useful definition.

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: He hasn't stated any difference in college students and high school students, why would you? My daughter is a college student, and she's 15. Answer the question, Damion. Answer it truly and you'll understand why I'm repulsed by Carrier. One of the reasons, anyway.
He never mentioned high school students, or minors. That was that moral panic talking. You're simply assuming the worst.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Nor does Damion address the whole issue of Camp Quest continuing its relationship with Carrier post complaint. Or his relationship with Amanda. Odd.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

John D wrote:On another subject, I went off on my sister-in-law and my gay nephew when they said the Orlando shooter was a product of "American Culture." I said he was not a product of American culture, but was a product of Islamic hate... haha. Now they hate me. Fuck that West Coast faggot. My wife is mad at me for fighting with my gay nephew. Whatever.
You always seemed much nicer than this - but there's human duality for you.

Not everyone is suited for the role of a curmudgeon. Personally, I take to it like a fish to water - though it can be lonely at times

[youtube]Nv0efmUKP9s[/youtube]

Really?

Post by Really? »

d4m10n wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: He hasn't stated any difference in college students and high school students, why would you? My daughter is a college student, and she's 15. Answer the question, Damion. Answer it truly and you'll understand why I'm repulsed by Carrier. One of the reasons, anyway.
He never mentioned high school students, or minors. That was that moral panic talking. You're simply assuming the worst.

You are being deliberately obtuse again. He said the law was his low end and, one presumes, his high end in terms of the women he is willing to sex up. Was Carrier lying when he said that he has no "fixed rule about age, beyond what the law requires."?

Are you calling him a liar?
abear says

Richard Carrier says

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

I don't care about his relationship with Amanda. As to CQ West, I'm not all that worried. I don't expect he'll be making another appearance.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Note, Amy wasn't yet president as ASU when Carrier swooped in on her. The 'incident' occurred Apr 03 and the elections for President 2015-16 were only announced April 14. By Apr 27 she had been elected.

SAA told Carrier he had a complaint April 21. It seems certain that she lodged the complaint as soon as she had the security of her office position.

No doubt this influenced SAA to boot Carriers ass from the speaker list in May

http://i.imgur.com/vCSSknS.png

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

Ignore Damion, he is attempting to derail.

CaptainFluffyBunny

d4m10n wrote:

He says the age of consent. You seem to have difficulty with this. Why don't you tell me why a 17 yo would be exempt, given that Carrier himself has not exempted them?

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Easy J wrote:
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
1) You really are a chick, right?
2) No, seriously, you're not one of those Danielle Muscato's are you?
3) It's just that you've got a bit of...err...on your...err, chins...no, sorry, that was inappropriate.
4) How would you describe your titties when the bra comes off: Greta Christina, Ophelia Benson, or PZ Meyers?
5) But you're definitely a chick downstairs?
6) How would you describe the scent of chloroform?
7) Wanna smell this rag?
There are things called "burn games" that might work if you can bait the camper to reciprocate. You basically verbally set up the invariable punchline of suddenly exposing your penis.

"Do you know anything about electricity?"

"No."

"Is this shocking?" (whips it out)

or

"Do you know anything about real estate?"

"No. Why?"

"Is this a lot?" (whips it out)

Don't ask.
1) Did you see that movie on the TV last night, Gaylords Say No?

2) No.

1) Haha! Gaylord!!!!!!!
"Like chicken, do you, darlin'?"
"Suck on this, then - it's fo[uw]l!" (whips it out)

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Fuck. One day I'm gonna use that edit button I have to self correct egregious typos - and be booted as a village idiot.

:-(

CaptainFluffyBunny

HunnyBunny wrote:Ignore Damion, he is attempting to derail.
But he's adorable! Fluster, bluster, obfusticate. Hope nobody notices. Never answer questions, pose your own.

Sigh. Alright. Since you asked, no more Damion.

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:Why don't you tell me why a 17 yo would be exempt, given that Carrier himself has not exempted them?
Camp Quest West is in California, age of consent is 18.

You seem to be imagining a possible world in which Carrier visits other camps and then violates their stated policies. That could happen, but it very probably won't.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Sigh

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

No. Damion is making some legitimate points. And some of his concerns have legitimate answers.

Really?

Post by Really? »

From Sticky Dicky's "Looking for a Date Middle May" post.

Only EIGHT days after being censured by Mr. and Mrs. CampQueSSA, sexual harasser Richard Carrier addresses the sexual harassment directed against him. Bear in mind that only TWO days later, Sticky Dicky sent his "Doing Wrong Right" post to SSA for "peer review." So he KNEW that he had at least one allegation against him, though he may have been thinking about the wrong one because it's so hard to keep them straight.
The Nerd says
May 3, 2015 at 6:35 am
Scrolling through the comments I’m curious as to whether you’re experiencing an uptick in sexual harassment since posting this? Not to victim-blame. It’s just rather telling the way sexual harassment is used as a weapon against feminists, even male feminists.

Richard Carrier says
May 3, 2015 at 5:21 pm
Not anything comparable to what women get. Just what you see here (plus the comments I announced as deleted). Including the fake twitter account, which I think could count.

Richard Carrier says
May 3, 2015 at 5:25 pm
P.S. One thing to look for is if these sexualized insults spread to posts that have nothing to do with the subject. That would be clear cut sexual harassment. Keeping an eye out.

Richard Carrier says
May 8, 2015 at 11:03 pm
Actual Post Script:
An attempt to sexually harass me was made on my Idaho event announcement post (one abusive comment, deleted as not meeting my comments policy even remotely).
http://archive.is/1Iweg

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

d4m10n wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:Why don't you tell me why a 17 yo would be exempt, given that Carrier himself has not exempted them?

You seem to be imagining a possible world in which Carrier visits other camps and then violates their stated policies. That could happen, but it very probably won't.
Camp Quest has a policy to not fuck the campers? Personally I would think things like that should go without saying. But it appears that individuals such as Richard Carrier needs it spelled out for him (at least he did when it came to the SSA) if it isn't already written into law.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

At the very least we have to admit there is evidence that he has "girlfriends".

CaptainFluffyBunny

comhcinc wrote:At the very least we have to admit there is evidence that he has "girlfriends".
True dat. I was starting to think he had a girlfriend in Canada, and a crusty sock. But instead, wow. Some got real stuff after all, credit where it's due.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Lol admitting the little shit wasn't lying about something is a pitkill.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

comhcinc wrote:Btw I think most the states allow you to fuck 17 year olds. Some states let you fuck 16 year olds and only a couple of states do you have to wait to 18 to fuck them.

In New Hampshire you can fuck a 13 year old if you marry them first.
Welp,

From Ages of consent in North AmericaCanukistan has decreed:
The Tackling Violent Crime Act took effect on 1 May 2008, raising the age of consent from 14 to 16.[10]

There exist two close-in-age exemptions, depending on the age of the younger partner. A youth of twelve or thirteen can consent to sexual activity with an individual less than two years older than they. A fourteen- or fifteen-year-old can consent to sexual activity with a partner who is less than five years older than they.[11]

Criminal law (including the definition of the age of consent) is in the exclusive jurisdiction of the federal government, so the age of consent is uniform throughout Canada. Section 151 of the Criminal Code of Canada makes it a crime to touch, for a sexual purpose, any person under the age of 16 years. Section 153 then goes on to prohibit the sexual touching of a person under 18 by a person in three circumstances: if he or she is in a "position of trust or authority" towards the youth, if the youth is in a "relationship of dependency" with him or her, or if the relationship is "exploitative". The term "position of trust or authority" is not defined in the Code but the courts have ruled that parents, teachers, and medical professionals hold a position of trust or authority towards youth they care for or teach. Section 153 (1.2) of the Code provides that a judge can infer whether or not a relationship is "exploitative" by considering its nature and circumstances including how old the youth is, the difference in ages between the partners, how the relationship evolved, and the degree of control or influence that the older partner has over the youth.

The "position of trust under 18" anti-exploitation rules were expanded in 2005 by Bill C-2 where a judge may choose to term a situation to be sexual exploitation based on the nature and circumstances of the relationship including the age of the younger party, age difference, evolution of the relationship (how it developed, e.g. quickly and secretly over the Internet), the control or influence over the young person (degree of control or influence the other person had over the young person). This passed before the 2008 amendments, and they were not repealed so they are still in effect and can apply towards adults in these situations with young persons over the age of consent and under 18 (16-17).

Where an accused is charged with an offence under s. 151 (Sexual Interference), s. 152 (Invitation to sexual touching), s. 153(1) (Sexual exploitation), s. 160(3) (Bestiality in presence of or by child), or s. 173(2) (Indecent acts), or is charged with an offence under s. 271 (Sexual assault), s. 272 (Sexual assault with a weapon, threats to a third party, or causing bodily harm), or s. 273 (Aggravated sexual assault) in respect of a complainant under the age of sixteen years, it is not a defense that the complainant consented to the activity that forms the subject-matter of the charge.
The close in age exemptions are as follows:
Close-in-age exemptions
Some jurisdictions have laws explicitly allowing sexual acts with minors under the age of consent if their partner is close in age to them. For instance, in Canada, the age of consent is 16, but there are two close-in-age exemptions: sex with minors aged 14–15 is permitted if the partner is less than five years older, and sex with minors aged 12–13 is permitted if the partner is less than two years older.[31] Other countries state that the sexual conduct with the minor is not to be punished if the partners are of a similar age and development: for instance, the age of consent in Finland is 16, but the law states that the act will not be punished if "there is no great difference in the ages or the mental and physical maturity of the persons involved".[32] Another approach takes the form of a stipulation that sexual intercourse between a minor and an adult is legal under the condition that the latter does not exceed a certain age. For example, the age of consent in the US state of Delaware is 18, but it is allowed for teenagers aged 16 and 17 to engage in sexual intercourse as long as the older partner is younger than 30.[33] In Slovenia, the age of consent in 15, but the law requires that there is "a marked discrepancy between the maturity of the perpetrator and that of the victim".[34]
So for Stickie Dickie in Canukistan 18 is legal. Under that he can face charges. Back in the day when 12 was legal though ...
History of the Canadian age of consent
See also: Age of consent reform in Canada
During the 19th century, the age of consent for heterosexual vaginal sex was 12; in 1890, the Parliament raised the age of consent to 14.[16] The punishment for anyone who had sexual intercourse with someone younger than 14 was life imprisonment and whipping, while the punishment for anyone who attempted to seduce an underage girl was two years' imprisonment and whipping.[17] Canada had also laws against "seducing" minor girls who were over the age of consent. In 1886, a law was enacted that made the "seduction" of a girl over 12 and under 16 "of previously chaste character" a criminal offence; the "seduction" of a female under 18 "under promise of marriage" was also made illegal in 1886, and amended in 1887 to apply to females under 21.[18] After the raising of the age of consent to 14, the laws against "seducing" minor girls were amended to apply to those older than 14, and various laws of this kind have remained in force through the 20th century.[18] The age of consent was raised from 14 to 16 in the spring of 2008, when the Tackling Violent Crime Act became effective. The new measures still allow for close-in-age exceptions between 12 and 16: if there is no more than a two-year gap for those 12 and 13, or a five-year gap for those 14 and 15. Anal sex remains illegal with exceptions for those over 18, if they comply with the restrictions set out under section 159.

Female homosexuality was never illegal in the former British colonies; oral sex was legalized in 1969 with the same age of consent as vaginal sex. Also introduced in 1969 were the exceptions regarding criminal anal sex (effectively legalizing it), but with a higher age barrier set at 21, under section 159; in 1988, the age barrier for these exceptions was lowered to 18. As of 2008 there are no plans to repeal section 159, even though it has been ruled unconstitutional in some Canadian provinces.
Looks like they still took a dim view of "seduction". Also looks like the same rules were not applied to the girls/women.

Sharia law is clearly superior in the equality business. The girls as well as the men would have been faced with a beating. In the West it is only the men who get punished. MRAs should support Islam if they want equality of punishment.

Whatever man. Fuck (Die Antwoord)

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

deLurch wrote:
d4m10n wrote:

Camp Quest has a policy to not fuck the campers? Personally I would think things like that should go without saying. But it appears that individuals such as Richard Carrier needs it spelled out for him (at least he did when it came to the SSA) if it isn't already written into law.
The reason behind the hysteria and urgency about crystal clear consent and anti-harassment policies is pretty clear now. They had Stickie Dickie in mind as an example of what they wanted to prevent all along, but for some reason never actually targeted him.

Instead, they went after everyone else. Which left the rest of us not in the know going "WTF? These people are crazy!"

CaptainFluffyBunny

deLurch wrote:
d4m10n wrote:

Judging by his removal, even those rules do not apply to the mighty Carrier. He wasn't supposed to solicit dates, was he? But there he was, later not even remembering the right solicitation.

CaptainFluffyBunny

But of course, he would only screw college girls. A man has to have some standards after all.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

d4m10n wrote:
BTW - Richard Carrier just moved to Ohio, where Camp Quest originates, and in Ohio the age of consent is 16.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Really? wrote:
....17 year old girls are legal in many, many states.

A normal person would say, "What the fuck are you talking about? What the fuck would I do with a girl less than half my age who has virtually no life experiences?" In his many statements, Carrier makes it clear that he thinks....
Rather than keep-up with the Pit throughout the day, I returned tonight, pages behind. I see the conversation has shifted to the morality of Carrier's pursuit of younger women.

This risks us engaging in empty virtue-signaling, because we're talking about Carrier's rhetorical willingness to have consentual, legal sex with a hypothetical person. Carrier abstractly reserving-the-right to have legal sex isn't the same as actively cruising for it. He's stipulating a line between conduct absolutely deserving of public condemnation & action/ vs. fuck off, that's none of your business.

Except:

the cliched phrases Really? offered above, such as"half my age" and not being able to relate to a partner with so little "life experience"...

That actually =IS= how Carrier presents himself! Carrier loooves to tell the world that his big turn-on is hours of intellectually-stimulating conversation with veteran sex-workers... the longer their sexual history "life experience", the more aroused he is. (according to his Looking For A Date In May 'bat signal' blog post). Also, look at all he has written about the importance of not being a "creep", even if said creepyness is within-bounds of any actual rules.

Thank you thank you thank you Richard Carrier, for pontificating about maintaining a higher-standard, than the Barely Legal required minimum! Now your critics don't have to sort-out thorny issues among ourselves, or contemplate the actual morality of intergenerational sex. We can just compare your talk talk talk to your actual behavior and offer the considerable gap as evidence of your hypocrisy, deception, & lack of credibility.

On a personal note, I'm less offended that Carrier wouldn't turn down an eager piece of legal 17 year old ass-- than on his insistence that he couldn't possibly settle for =one= prom queen at a time. He's poly-aaaaaaaaaammmmmorous.

What the historical jesus is wrong with that idiot?!

http://static.icompendium.com/artistInf ... /880.jpg?0

birdterrifier

Post by birdterrifier »

Chef has a hard and fast rule.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

deLurch wrote:
d4m10n wrote:

Nobody is saying, or should be saying that Carrier is running round trying to fuck Camp Quest attendees. That has never been an issue.

In fact this isn't really even about his sexual harassment. It is about the failure of two organisations Executive Directors to act appropriately over sexual harassment complaints involving an intimate friend, it is about Carrier repeatedly lying or fudging the truth as he always does.

SSA did the following:

1. had a policy as early as 2012 that stated: "speakers should not engage in sexual behavior with students with respect to Speakers Bureau events."
2. Received a complaint of sexual harassment, and removed the person who committed the sexual harassment from their speaker list. This suggests that they accepted the incident had taken place, that it was against their policy and acted accordingly.
3. Allowed the banned speaker (according to Carrier) to act as a volunteer at a national conference at which they knew the victim would be attending.

As far as I can see there are only 2 reasons why they might have done number 3.

1.Either they didn't think the complaint was really sexual harassment so it didn't matter that Carrier was around official events because he actually hadn't done anything, or,

2.they did think it was a proper complaint but continued to involve Carrier officially because they were personally intimate with him.

Both of which are equally bad in my opinion. In the first, you are only paying lip service to the movement wide hysteria over rape culture and sexual harassment when it suits you, and you don't appear to care about the feelings of the complainant and think that you can be judge and jury on what is appropriate with your friends. Or you place you personal wants above those of the young people you serve in your organisation, in which case you shouldn't be in that position.

If it is number 1 - they believe Carrier, and did all along, then they now have to come out swinging on the victim to clear themselves. And no one in the movement will respect them if they do that. Or they can stay silent and let Carrier do it for them, as is currently happening.

Personally I think the whole thing stinks. This moral authoritarian, holy-than-thou agenda has infested the world of atheism from America, and yet, just because these people 'do good work' or are nice and know everyone in the power positions, no one from either side, except Heina appears to have the guts to stand up and say something. The do good work thing is bullshit. The Pope does good work, but he still defends his child-abusing priests. Jimmy Saville did a load of 'good work' and we know where that went.

Justice must not only be done, it must be seen to be done, and right now the entirety of the AS movement in the US are prepared to pretend that both those conditions have been met, because good reasons.

When Heina Dadabhoy is the stand-up shining example of doing the right thing, you know your movement is fucked.

CaptainFluffyBunny

deLurch wrote:
d4m10n wrote:
BTW - Richard Carrier just moved to Ohio, where Camp Quest originates, and in Ohio the age of consent is 16.
Just because he has been removed from Camp Quest's speaker list and yet mysteriously still affiliated with them despite flirting unwanted with women less than half his age doesn't mean the man is unethical. It means something else, because Damion has assured us he will only fuck college girls. That girls get into college early may not have occured to Daimy, but let us be forgiving. He lives in Oklahoma.

So rest assured, nothing to see here. Move along.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

deLurch wrote:
No. Damion is making some legitimate points. And some of his concerns have legitimate answers.
Whatever his intent, Damion is chronically incapable of making a legit point without scattershot innuendo.

If he can't be bothered to improve his aim, we owe him no credit for the ounce of piss that actually hits the bowl.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

deLurch wrote: BTW - Richard Carrier just moved to Ohio, where Camp Quest originates, and in Ohio the age of consent is 16.
"Actually," (as they say)...

H.B.130 became law in Ohio. It's legal for Richard Carrier to fuck a 16 year old.
But apparently illegal for him to ask a 16 year old for consent to have sex:

http://reason.com/blog/2013/06/28/hooku ... l-but-talk

I guess the kid has to ask. Fortunately for Carrier-- every one of his Letters To Penthouse claims the chick was the one who wanted it.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Service Dog wrote:
deLurch wrote:
Whatever his intent, Damion is chronically incapable of making a legit point without scattershot innuendo.

If he can't be bothered to improve his aim, we owe him no credit for the ounce of piss that actually hits the bowl.
That is funny. And accurate.

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

Service Dog wrote:

Best post of the week imho.

CaptainFluffyBunny

HunnyBunny wrote:
Service Dog wrote:

Best post of the week imho.
One of the best. Good detective work, HunnyBunny.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Far from the best. This has been a heck of a week.

Not even my best... PZ's vegan nazi cupcakes were better.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

in other news - Milo still has a podcast

Here, somewhat more restrained than usual, he talks to Douglas Murray - about Orlando and American politics:

[youtube]iFp9M_7dHTE[/youtube]

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

HunnyBunny wrote: Best post of the week imho.
One of the best. Good detective work, HunnyBunny.

I just got so annoyed at Carrier and his narcissistic shit. Same with Avicenna, he was a sexist twat with an over-inflated ego being stroked by the FTBullies because it made them look good. I fucking hate hypocrisy.

That and I get bored some days. Being a tai tai is hard work. ;)

CaptainFluffyBunny

It has been a good week on the pit, has it not? Despite being bound in chains and indexed to death by Hornypecker and the death of a thousand cuts by Jadehawk, we somehow bravely struggle on.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Service Dog wrote:
Really? wrote:
....17 year old girls are legal in many, many states.

A normal person would say, "What the fuck are you talking about? What the fuck would I do with a girl less than half my age who has virtually no life experiences?" In his many statements, Carrier makes it clear that he thinks....
Rather than keep-up with the Pit throughout the day, I returned tonight, pages behind. I see the conversation has shifted to the morality of Carrier's pursuit of younger women.

This risks us engaging in empty virtue-signaling, because we're talking about Carrier's rhetorical willingness to have consentual, legal sex with a hypothetical person. Carrier abstractly reserving-the-right to have legal sex isn't the same as actively cruising for it. He's stipulating a line between conduct absolutely deserving of public condemnation & action/ vs. fuck off, that's none of your business.

Except:

the cliched phrases Really? offered above, such as"half my age" and not being able to relate to a partner with so little "life experience"...

That actually =IS= how Carrier presents himself! Carrier loooves to tell the world that his big turn-on is hours of intellectually-stimulating conversation with veteran sex-workers... the longer their sexual history "life experience", the more aroused he is. (according to his Looking For A Date In May 'bat signal' blog post). Also, look at all he has written about the importance of not being a "creep", even if said creepyness is within-bounds of any actual rules.

Thank you thank you thank you Richard Carrier, for pontificating about maintaining a higher-standard, than the Barely Legal required minimum! Now your critics don't have to sort-out thorny issues among ourselves, or contemplate the actual morality of intergenerational sex. We can just compare your talk talk talk to your actual behavior and offer the considerable gap as evidence of your hypocrisy, deception, & lack of credibility.

On a personal note, I'm less offended that Carrier wouldn't turn down an eager piece of legal 17 year old ass-- than on his insistence that he couldn't possibly settle for =one= prom queen at a time. He's poly-aaaaaaaaaammmmmorous.

What the historical jesus is wrong with that idiot?!

http://static.icompendium.com/artistInf ... /880.jpg?0
The age thing matters. This isn't a slightly distasteful incident - it's a pattern of behaviour.

Eating shit might also be legal but that's really no excuse.

Snapfingers

Post by Snapfingers »

No, he is raising the same concerns I and others have raised.

I don't believe Sticky Dicky did anything wrong. I love seeing them eat their own and wiggle their way out of burning him at the stake because suddenly the standards used to persecute Rapford, Shermer and Krauss are unfair to use on an in-group member.

I would love to see PZ having to unload the jizz-wizzard from FTB. I could see this as a beginning of the end to "believe the victim", "male sexuality = rape" and other radfem tropes.

But Carrier is innocent until proven guilty. Sleeziness is not a crime. False accusations cause real harm.

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

Snapfingers wrote:

I don't believe Sticky Dicky did anything wrong. I love seeing them eat their own and wiggle their way out of burning him at the stake because suddenly the standards used to persecute Rapford, Shermer and Krauss are unfair to use on an in-group member.

I would love to see PZ having to unload the jizz-wizzard from FTB. I could see this as a beginning of the end to "believe the victim", "male sexuality = rape" and other radfem tropes.

But Carrier is innocent until proven guilty. Sleeziness is not a crime. False accusations cause real harm.
The sexually harassment complaint was accepted by SSA. They removed Carrier from the speaker's list as a result. Their policy has always been zero tolerance of sexual activity by speakers related to SSA events. Carrier has admitted he was in contravention of this policy and says he resigned as a result.

What part of any of that = a false accusation?

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

What with news here of 'burning the A/S community to the ground' - I thought I would give some hope for the future (perhaps).

I've heard the youtube community (whatever that means) talk about moving into the next phase. The first being the Atheist pushback following Dover vs Kitzmiller, the second being all the responses to feminism and SJWs. They are looking to pushback against Islam on youtube.

Here's Kraut and Tea to start:

[youtube]Uy9m_jkVVKI[/youtube]

Other youtubers interested include Logicked and EdgySphinx (an atheist, egyptian of coptic christian decent, living in the US).

They did mention that there is a large Islamic presence on youtube - which may have serious (ie Saudi) money backing them (though I've not confirmed this).

I'm not so sure I feel as hopeful for this movement as I do with the response to SJWs, but we will see.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

comhcinc wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: I'm sure she'll be fine. Most of the girls involved in that crap are full of daddy issues. It's not my girls I'm as worried about as my boys. A world where a mere accusation is supposed to be proof and regret sex is rape. Makes me wish teaching celibacy worked or they were gay.
Have you tried teaching them to be gay?
Don't think it works like that. Katamari?
Not anymore. Once you could send your pre-teen boy off to work on a whaling ship. That usually did the trick.

CaptainFluffyBunny

katamari Damassi wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:Don't think it works like that. Katamari?
Not anymore. Once you could send your pre-teen boy off to work on a whaling ship. That usually did the trick.
Yeah, what's up with no more whaling ships? I bet Trump will bring them back.

No, I really do bet that Trump will bring them back. :bjarte:

Snapfingers

Post by Snapfingers »

HunnyBunny wrote:
Snapfingers wrote:

The sexually harassment complaint was accepted by SSA. They removed Carrier from the speaker's list as a result. Their policy has always been zero tolerance of sexual activity by speakers related to SSA events. Carrier has admitted he was in contravention of this policy and says he resigned as a result.

All of it. Harassment claim means there was harassment? Did he harass anyone? What is harassement to them? What sort of totalitarian principle of zero tolerance are they using? Yes, I love seeing him fall by his own standards, but that doesn't mean I suddenly accept radfem principles. Those standards disgust me.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

If you're looking for an eerie horror movie, I wanted to recommend The Witch: A New England Folktale. It's a slow burn horror movie without any jump scares but a lot of unsettling imagery-including the creepiest twins since The Shining.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4263482/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Brive1987 wrote:

The age thing matters. This isn't a slightly distasteful incident - it's a pattern of behaviour.

Sorry to be obtuse, but what does 'the age thing matters' and 'it's a pattern of behavior' mean?

If any 41 year old who seeks sex with 21 or 22 year old is equally-guilty to Carrier; then I'm unlikely find that compelling.

If you connect the age-thing and behavior-pattern to other damning-aspects of this particular case, then I might agree with you.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Service Dog wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:

Sorry to be obtuse, but what does 'the age thing matters' and 'it's a pattern of behavior' mean?

If any 41 year old who seeks sex with 21 or 22 year old is equally-guilty to Carrier; then I'm unlikely find that compelling.

If you connect the age-thing and behavior-pattern to other damning-aspects of this particular case, then I might agree with you.
For me it is the teacher (or instructor/guardian/role-model) student relationship becoming sexual that is not acceptable.

Richard Carrier is the Woody Allen of the A/S movement (without the talent, of course).

As an atheist, I find nothing damning.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

MarcusAu wrote: As an atheist, I find nothing damning.
As a skeptic, I find evidence damning.

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

Snapfingers wrote:
HunnyBunny wrote:
Snapfingers wrote: No, he is raising the same concerns I and others have raised.

All of it. Harassment claim means there was harassment? Did he harass anyone? What is harassement to them? What sort of totalitarian principle of zero tolerance are they using? Yes, I love seeing him fall by his own standards, but that doesn't mean I suddenly accept radfem principles. Those standards disgust me.
none of what I outlined above has anything to do with rad fem principles. SSA, rightly in my opinion, require that speakers at their events to not attempt anything sexual. Carrier knew that, and agreed to follow that by the simple fact of being a speaker at SSA events. He admits not following the rules, on two occasions. You appear to be applying a personal beef with radfem principles to situations that has nothing to do with them.